Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Waiting in the Wings

• Start Topic

The CSI team looks closely at the eccentric world of sideshows when a couple of performers are discovered burned in a pit. Also, Hodges mulls a plea deal as his criminal trial kicks off, while Max, Grissom and Sara search for evidence to exonerate him.

Obviously coerced by Wix, probably threatened Hodges' wife. He might have given Grissom a clue with the case he mentioned. 

Wrote before the very end. Glad they didn't leave finding out that it was an abduction to next week.

Edited by edhopper
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, edhopper said:

Obviously coerced by Wix, probably threatened Hodges' wife. He might have given Grissom a clue with the case he mentioned. 

Grissom said he doesn't believe witness testimony. So Hodges told them to talk to Grissom.....that is my guess.

But also....I don't buy that no one has not tried taking out the Grissom's since their the ones trying to prove he is innocent.

• Love 2

I am going to admit that I'm getting very tired of the "Hodges is framed and is going to jail" storyline.  Hobbs was never one of my favorite characters and I don't find his case at all engaging.  I've been much more interested in the "B" plots of the episodes.  I also want to point out that what's her name never should have had that folder at dinner in a public restaurant outside of the lab.  Big no no there, let alone letting her fiance see the photos.  Sigh, some things never change with CSI shows.  

Edited by Linderhill
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I am going to admit that I'm getting very tired of the "Hobbs is framed and is going to jail" storyline.  Hobbs was never one of my favorite characters and I don't find his case at all engaging.  I've been much more interested in the "B" plots of the episodes. 

Preach!  I wish they had used another character other than Hodges. No one liked him before, but suddenly “he’s family?”

I realize that they were constrained by who was willing to come back, but I still hate the story line. 

• Love 6

The build up of Hodges’ storyline, it’s bad. As we move closer to the 10th episode, am getting less and less excited to know how it will end. The latest development with him being kidnapped (most probably) by Wix accomplice, it feels like a cheap ploy to expedite things. Wix - a mastermind or a puppet?

This will-they-won't-they vibe between Josh and Allie has got to stop. Ugh 😣

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I also want to point out that what's her name never should have had that folder at dinner in a public restaurant outside of the lab.  Big no no there, let alone letting her fiance see the photos.  Sigh, some things never change with CSI shows.  

Seriously.  Your lab is under investigation and you take files out of that lab?  Then you don't have enough sense to put them in your purse, perhaps?  Why would you think your boyfriend or anyone outside of your office would want to see that?  They are really not doing this character any favors development-wise.  Speaking of...

2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

This will-they-won't-they vibe between Josh and Allie has got to stop. Ugh 😣

Yeah, the "meet Allie's boyfriend" thing was just a lazy way to try and advance the Allie and Josh thing that TPTB seem bound and determined to push even though as a couple they hold no interest.  Okay I can see personality-wise the two probably work on paper based on there jobs but considering this show just started I don't get the point of pushing this coupling.  Her pushing Josh about his opinion about her boyfriend was beyond annoying not to mention her dense reaction when Dr. Rodriguez told her about how Josh probably felt.

And, yes, when Hodges made that remark about Grissom in the video, it was obvious he was being coerced.  So, has Wix had someone following Sarah all this time?  Is that how he knew the gang member was talking or did said gang member try and put the squeeze on Wix when Roby told him not to and that it wasn't a good idea?  Either way, hopefully this gets wrapped up next week.

Case of the week was interesting but sort of bizarre with the doctor but whatever.  The son was always too obvious.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 7

The doctor as the killer made no sense. I can see the woman being accidently killed but then how does doc manage both bodies? No one sees him bringing them to his car? And then he burns the husband alive, that's just cold. My problem with shows like this, people who have never killed and didn't intend to kill seem to do it with ease, barely leave a trace and don't arouse suspicion when questioned.

I never cared for the Hodges character but the actor is doing a great job in this series. I'm really feeling his world crumble around him. It was so poignant when he pulled out that clump of hair.

Killing Sarah or Gil might show that Hodges is innocent.

Edited by Grizzly
  • Love 5

I was hoping that there would have been a major development by now in the Hodges case that is for the lab, but this thing is moving ever so slowly. I don’t see Wix as a worthy Grissom adversary, like Paul Milander who would always be one step ahead of Grissom. Unless age has slowed down Gil a lot, and he’s missing a lot of stuff he usually wouldn’t miss in his heyday.

Re: Hodges - he may not be the most interesting character but his work is the one easily most manipulated, so I can see why he was the one “picked”. Other than him, there’s Greg, maybe. But it’s harder to pin manipulated evidence on a field mice like Nick, compared to a lab rat like Hodges.

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Re: Hodges - he may not be the most interesting character but his work is the one easily most manipulated, so I can see why he was the one “picked”. Other than him, there’s Greg, maybe. But it’s harder to pin manipulated evidence on a field mice like Nick, compared to a lab rat like Hodges.

They can't pick Greg as he had a similar storyline back in S14.E07, he was investigated and accused of framing a man for murder seven years ago.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

And, yes, when Hodges made that remark about Grissom in the video, it was obvious he was being coerced.  So, has Wix had someone following Sarah all this time?  Is that how he knew the gang member was talking or did said gang member try and put the squeeze on Wix when Roby told him not to and that it wasn't a good idea?  Either way, hopefully this gets wrapped up next week.

I am curious to know about Anna Wix's involvement in Hodges' drama and why she is so supportive of her brother. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I am curious to know about Anna Wix's involvement in Hodges' drama and why she is so supportive of her brother. 

I'm guessing whatever her condition is requires money.  Maybe that's too simple but people have killed for less.  That it's convoluted as all get out and not even guaranteed to work, heck, it's TV and I expect ridiculous, lol.

• Love 3

It was obvious that Hodges was being coerced as soon as he said that he was faking evidence from the start of his career. Way too obvious.

It doesn't make sense that the doctor would suddenly kill her, and then by himself get her body out and coerce the husband to come with him and trick him into being killed too. But that's always been CSI.

The body surgery was eww.

• Love 4
On 12/2/2021 at 5:27 AM, irisheyes said:

Preach!  I wish they had used another character other than Hodges. No one liked him before, but suddenly “he’s family?”

I never really liked Hodges, but I kind of like this part.  It shows that they will take care of their own, even if they don't like them.  Much like the families I've known.

• Love 2

I think they have mentioned that if Hodges is convicted, or if he confesses, the lab is in major trouble.  Several years ago in Massachusetts, a lab tech was convicted of tampering with drug test results, and many convicted drug dealers had to be released because of that.

• Love 4

That is why the State Attorney wanted Hodges to make a very limited and precise confession specifying only those cases that he was being tried for so that the other convictions wouldn't be at risk. Hodges didn't want to do even that. When he confessed to many more, that was the clue that it was coerced .

They better give a good reason why Wix's sister is so invested in bringing Hodges down.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Probably because Anson takes care of her and if Anson gets $$$ from a lot of this “unlawful” imprisonment civil suits, she stands to get a good amount of that, maybe even enough to get her surgery for whatever her ailment is. I forgot if they ever mentioned it.  

I don’t think she has anything against Hodges personally, more just her wanting her brother to be successful.

• Love 2