Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

I noticed that before.  Gina can post tons of pictures of her dancing as a little girl- one of her favorite subjects, post happy birthday comments on teammates, comments on other DCC pictures, etc.  So it is not that Gina hasn't been posting lately.

It's noticeable and as a leader on the team sad.   And let's face it.  If Gina had gotten Pro Bowl, she would be posting a lot of pictures and expecting congratulations.  The year before when Rachel W was named the second point, fire was coming out of Gina's eyes.

The year they announced Kashara as point, they showed Lacey and Kashara linking arms and dancing.  Then again when Kash got pro bowl Lacey commented and posted etc.  That's a teammate who's happy for you.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tvfangirl89 said:

Has anyone noticed that Gina hasn’t posted anything about Lexie getting pro bowl? The day it was announced almost all of the girls made a post congratulating Lexie and I don’t think I ever saw one from Gina and still haven’t …could be wrong but optics aren’t great. 

And like why be that mad? She’s point and reigning VOTY, two accolades Lexie has never gotten. Be happy for another deserving teammate of receiving one of the highest honors. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I'm sticking with Gina's personality from rookie year didn't really change, she just learned to present herself they way they want a DCC to be. 

She's forgotten they expect them to cheer each other on and maybe her true colors came out.  I saw her with a huge growth spurt the last few years and always cheering on the younger DCC.  I believe she thought she had it made because she was point and a 5 year.  Lexie is a 5 year and group one leader so oh well. I'm very happy for Lexie who the rest of the teams seems thrilled she got it.

• Love 7

Guys... Gina could've been busy, she could've just not wanted to post. Hell they could've been together while Lexie was receiving the well wishes.

We've seen many videos of her being such an exemplary human and teammate, and wasn't she one of the first people to jump on Lexie when Pro Bowl was announced? This is how so many rumors get started in the DCC world. Just had to put my two cents in, don't kill me.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22

I’m not looking too much into Gina not posting she’s not as active as some of the other ladies are. She commented on a pic of Lexie an hour ago, so yay. 

If you go to her profile is basically 80% DCC and pics of herself. She wished Kat Happy Birthday yesterday but not Rachel W 3 days ago are we supposed to look into that?

Unless VOTY is chosen by Kelli and Judy she’s well liked amongst her teammates.  
And personally looks wise and dance wise I’d take another Gina over another Lexie any day.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tvfangirl89 said:

Has anyone noticed that Gina hasn’t posted anything about Lexie getting pro bowl? The day it was announced almost all of the girls made a post congratulating Lexie and I don’t think I ever saw one from Gina and still haven’t …could be wrong but optics aren’t great. 

We've talked about this. Just because she isn't heavily into social media shouldn't mean that much. 

I bet she's not the only girl who hasn't commented so it's unfair to just point to the finger to Gina.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I noticed that before.  Gina can post tons of pictures of her dancing as a little girl- one of her favorite subjects, post happy birthday comments on teammates, comments on other DCC pictures, etc.  So it is not that Gina hasn't been posting lately.

It's noticeable and as a leader on the team sad.   And let's face it.  If Gina had gotten Pro Bowl, she would be posting a lot of pictures and expecting congratulations.  The year before when Rachel W was named the second point, fire was coming out of Gina's eyes.

The year they announced Kashara as point, they showed Lacey and Kashara linking arms and dancing.  Then again when Kash got pro bowl Lacey commented and posted etc.  That's a teammate who's happy for you.

I noticed all of this as well and was thinking Gina must be bitter.  I’m glad I’m not the only one noticing all of this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

We've talked about this. Just because she isn't heavily into social media shouldn't mean that much. 

I bet she's not the only girl who hasn't commented so it's unfair to just point to the finger to Gina.

I was simply just making an observation. IMO, the fact that they are in the same rookie class and Gina hadn’t posted anything stood out and whether it’s right or not (based on whatever reason) just wasn’t a great look  🤷🏼‍♀️ 

and the fact she posted something a couple of hours after I made my post…. maybe just a coincidence

Edited by Tvfangirl89
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/3/2022 at 12:37 AM, RileyJDR said:

I find myself both happy that Jalyn got a journey story and ragy all over again about the whole show group thing. I will never understand TPTB’s flip on her from Y1 to Y2 but am happy Y4 had so many highs. 

That whole drama with show group was when I started becoming very suspicious of Kelli and Judy's motives when it came to the team. Made it feel like it was all about a TV show and not about actual cheer or dance ability. Of course, now that I've dug further there were many other examples previously I just chose to ignore it seems lol. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

image.thumb.png.541b2dde067d8f6dfd5cad327e6a686a.png

That ends that rumour! Also if you look at Gina's body language during Lexie's Pro bowl announcement there is a group shot of them both front and centre and Gina is leaning into Lexie. Both are smiling and look genuinely happy. I'm not sure why some think the worst of her. Is it based on a bit of non event DCC drama from five years ago? Not sure what else she has to do to prove what a team player she is. DCC through and through.

Screenshot_20220204-102751_Instagram_1643970830052.jpg

Edited by PomPomPom
Photo added
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

Dance wise no doubt Gina, but look wise ?

Just a personal preference. Lexie is pretty but like Rachel W her look is so Barbie to me. If they changed up her hair color or hair style it would do wonders.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Monique said:

Just a personal preference. Lexie is pretty but like Rachel W her look is so Barbie to me. If they changed up her hair color or hair style it would do wonders.

Looks wise Lexie is very pretty. Gina can take a good modelling photo too. She is a cloths horse and would look good in a plastic bag. I think Dani has beautiful fresh features and Tori has a stunning, poised elegant look. They all have something to offer to the DCC bouquet.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

This pic of Claire is absolutely gorgeous. My fave in that class for sure on talent but also love her look.

So do the photographers, they take her picture a lot!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

This pic of Claire is absolutely gorgeous. My fave in that class for sure on talent but also love her look.

172CC246-1283-4492-8F08-7B60D95C8767.jpeg

There’s no doubt she will be point of the triangle at some point in her DCC career.   I honestly think she is the best dancer on the squad. Her technique is amazing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

There’s no doubt she will be point of the triangle at some point in her DCC career.   I honestly think she is the best dancer on the squad. Her technique is amazing.

I have no doubt in my mind the triangle is eventually gonna be Claire with Marissa on one side and Armani on the other. Not sure when tho since we don't know when the other vets before them are retiring.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 7

As an aside, I like Jensen.  She may not be the strongest dancer but she definitely has the look and seems well liked judging by the response she received from rookies AND vets when she wasn't cut during TC.  I can't stand the hate she gets due to MTT's edit for drama.

jensenlynnm_1641151130.jpg

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, go4luca said:

As an aside, I like Jensen.  She may not be the strongest dancer but she definitely has the look and seems well liked judging by the response she received from rookies AND vets when she wasn't cut during TC.  I can't stand the hate she gets due to MTT's edit for drama.

Same, I like her too. Someone on Reddit said they don't understand how Jensen stayed over Ava, and honestly I didn't feel like arguing it but I disagreed. K&J really have an eye for people who have other intentions when they go on the show or aren't in it fully (kind of like Julia). Jensen gives me the feeling that she really wants this and truly loves being a DCC. Julia and Ava both gave me the feeling that they were putting on "fake nice" personalities just to make the team.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Same, I like her too. Someone on Reddit said they don't understand how Jensen stayed over Ava, and honestly I didn't feel like arguing it but I disagreed. K&J really have an eye for people who have other intentions when they go on the show or aren't in it fully (kind of like Julia). Jensen gives me the feeling that she really wants this and truly loves being a DCC. Julia and Ava both gave me the feeling that they were putting on "fake nice" personalities just to make the team.

I saw the reddit discussion too.  I'm not much of an Ava fan.  She's talented but doesn't ring team player to me for some reason.  As for Julia, I agree 100%.  She never felt genuine to me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I really like Jensen. And I think she made the team fairly - I wasn't buying she had low kicks, I think they just needed another office visit to balance out Ava's cut.  I do wonder though how many years do you think she will audition? I am thinking two years and done. 

Reasons - she's a Cali girl with no roots in Texas, she comes from a lot of money, she's planning her wedding, and judging by social media tags she's not as active in going out and hanging with her teammates. I don't see her staying with DCC beyond a couple years.
(Edit: which is fine. I don't think every DCC should make the team based on how much longevity they will have).

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Another vote of support from me. I've seen comments elsewhere and to be honest they all seem to be based on a little bit of CMT drama but some seem to succumb to that. TPTB gave her "check plus" for figure, personality and for her audition solo. The only problem was kicks. Well there have been quite a few long tenured ladies who were pulled up for kicks. I like her a lot. As TPTB said she is a head turner on the field.

• Love 8

Yay for seeing other Jenson likes here. 

To clarify, by "hate" I meant I'm tired of seeing posts saying she will be cut due to the scene MTT put together.  I can't stand when MTT does that.  Jensen seems lovely and I hope she sticks around for another season.  This SoCal girl is cheering her on.

• Love 7
On 2/5/2022 at 5:55 PM, RileyJDR said:

172CC246-1283-4492-8F08-7B60D95C8767.jpeg

I 100% agree. She will look SO good as the center girl of the squad photo. Hopefully they'll consider her cause she's so stunning. Either her or Ashlee should be the center girl. Also...the squad photo better not be photoshopped this year or else I'm gonna be mad.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I have no doubt in my mind the triangle is eventually gonna be Claire with Marissa on one side and Armani on the other. Not sure when tho since we don't know when the other vets before them are retiring.

Love Claire and Armani in a future triangle, but I hope not to see Marissa in it--though I think she's a real candidate based on how much TPTB love her and how far they moved her up this year. I do not care for Marissa's pagent-y presentation, which seemed toned down her second year but still puts me off a bit. By pagent-y, I mean she just seems rehearsed and like she knows the "right" thing to say and has a certain cheese factor to me. I don't want to look at her face in the triangle all the time. It would be like Amy-Maddie 2.0 to me, but to give Marissa credit, with better performance and dancing.

Do folks think Rachel W will retire? If Gina's staying, I'd like to see at least one fresh face at point next year. Just beacuse. I'd be fine if Gina retires, too! She is an amazing dancer, but I don't always love watching her dance in a group for various reasons. Her overall thirst rubs me the wrong way, and while I do think she has genuinely learned to become a great team player, she also has campaigned so hard for point that I got tired of it. (Not as tired as I'm sure she was of getting overlooked for so long.) Every rehearsal and especially with guest choreographers, she was front and center--which is exactly what she said her rookie year in a talking head, that she always wants to be in the front and hates to be in the back or lost in a group. So, whoever said upthread that they didn't think Gina had changed that much since her rookie season, I see the point. To me, her persistent thirst is off-putting, but I also can see that it has fed her persistence that has gotten her DCC point at last. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I do think she has genuinely learned to become a great team player, she also has campaigned so hard for point that I got tired of it.

What did she do to campaign for point? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember this.

17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What did she do to campaign for point? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember this.

Sure! I feel like she was "campaigning" because she always put herself front and center whenever vets are dancing in a large group, and when guest choreographers were teaching to the full group. It just felt like she always wanted to be, Look at me!! Kind of front and center repeatedly the way some folks here complain about VK situating herself.  The example that most sticks out in my mind and got me noticing this front and center with guest choreographers thing was when Brittany Russell was there. Gina threw down so hard that Judy awkwardly asked, "What has Gina gone and done now?" when she did those freestyle moves, almost kicking Marissa in the face with some reverse snake maneuver before then throwing herself backwards on her knees for the grand finish. It was full-out and extra in the ways they are expected to be and certainly point has to bring it, but it really looked to me like she almost kicked her teammate in the face trying to get noticed on the first night of vets in training camp, and that just felt like some kind of metaphor to me for a certain level of her thirst. I also do not forget that Gina announced her rookie year that she never likes to be in the back and always wants to be in the front and the center of attention, so it makes sense to me that this is part of her personality and strategy in striving for point all these years.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, DCC93 said:

K&J really have an eye for people who have other intentions when they go on the show or aren't in it fully (kind of like Julia). Jensen gives me the feeling that she really wants this and truly loves being a DCC. Julia and Ava both gave me the feeling that they were putting on "fake nice" personalities just to make the team.

As a simple fan I'd rather have someone that can dance and is more interesting (Ava) than "someone that really wants it and truly loves being a DCC"

I don't care if it is for social media. 

I just care if she can dance, and if she's pretty in my eyes, and gets along with other girls.

But I also think it is wise for K and J to take the people who want it not for the fame.

Add me to the #ClaireforTriangle campaign. I think she's such a talented dancer, beautiful woman and great ambassador. Gets along with teammates and seems respected enough to obtain leadership. 

I also do like that people are warming to Jensen. I like her look and her dancing seems great!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Add me to the #ClaireforTriangle campaign. I think she's such a talented dancer, beautiful woman and great ambassador. Gets along with teammates and seems respected enough to obtain leadership. 

I also do like that people are warming to Jensen. I like her look and her dancing seems great!

I'm in a quandary. I'm a big Gina fan and would love her to do another year. I'm also a big Claire fan and would love her to make point. I could see her 2nd point next year and Gina, if she stays at 1st. I've already had my say about Jensen. I think she is a solid DCC.

• Love 6

I think the two points next year will be Gina and Ashlee.

And then completing the triangle will be Claire, Kelcey, Chandi, and Caroline.

And then behind them will be Armani, Marissa, and two others (probably Elli and McKenzie)

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 4

I'm curious if vet Madeline M has made a choice on retiring. And if she has why she hasn't announced it.

She is the weakest dancer among the vets with Kristen second in line. (IMO)

Kristen has her strength of being able to speak in Spanish and sign language, but Madeline just has a very pretty face. Not much to give to go on your fifth year.

However, she works as a dance teacher (Barre and Dance Instructor) so I understand she would want to continue being a DCC for her resume. (unlike people who just do it for fun)

If she is going to retire wouldn't it had been nicer to state it before the season so she could've had "last game day" posts like the 3 vets that had already announced their retirements?

I understand people like Gina and Ashlee making it a secret because they want to tease us, but I don't understand why Madeline will make it a secret.

• Love 4

I want to be able to say I told you so in 4 years so this is my prediction.

Kelee will stay until her 5th or 6th year while her rookie sisters retire in the years, and become group leader and point.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Kelee will stay until her 5th or 6th year while her rookie sisters retire in the years, and become group leader and point.

I think she would make a awesome group leader I’ve seen her dance on the field this past season I really think she is great 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

I also think Kellee could be a future leader and triangle/point! One of my absolute favorites of the season, and you could tell how much her teammates and K & J love her. She seems to keep a cool head and focus, is a beautiful dancer and a great performer. Her photogenic face and body language also are a mark in her favor for point. I can only imagine how on fire and confident she'll be after a couple years as a DCC! She definitely is one of my pics/hopes to go far in this rookie class. Of this rookie class, I'd love a Kellee, Megan, Tyra triangle! And I hope each of them (plus Lea) stay long enough to get their time in the spotlight and be at least 2nd GL.

Really, I like the whole rookie class! Each year, K & J do a pretty great job of cutting the ones I don't favor as much for various reasons. Like Ava--beautiful dancer and performer, yes, but her immaturity was a real presence, and I think that kind of thing does have a tendency to impact locker room dynamics and be a public image risk factor. I totally get their decision. I also didn't love Presley, Madyson, Amanda, or Bre last year, and it's like K & J just knew my mind and cut them.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I think she would make a awesome group leader I’ve seen her dance on the field this past season I really think she is great 

My only concern is whether she has leadership qualities. She was made to appear very shy at first but that could have been CMT edit. There is more to GL or point than just good dancing. She may just be a good team mate rather than a leader.

51 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

My only concern is whether she has leadership qualities. She was made to appear very shy at first but that could have been CMT edit. There is more to GL or point than just good dancing. She may just be a good team mate rather than a leader.

Could be a case of taking longer to warm up to people or in new surroundings? K&J don't like overly confident rookies but you can't be too shy either in their eyes. Her personality reminds me a little of Nicole Bulcher; she looks like she could be more of a empathetic leader potentially who you could confide in, rather than an over-enthusiastic, strong-willed leader!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

She served the World Famous Kilgore College Rangerettes as Right Middle Lieutenant. (In other words she was a group leader)

Here's some pictures.

The Lieutenant wears a different uniform (left) from the others (right).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RkOfTnvdD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2DVsHQn6YH/

image.png.b8ff4698866f6e5fda5c52aa9b92cc39.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Love 9

Posted to much sorry guys.

She was also captain when she in high school too. (first black captain is what she said in the show I beleive)

So although she may be reserved I am sure she has leadership skills.

image.png

• Love 13
7 hours ago, M1977G said:

I also think Kellee could be a future leader and triangle/point! One of my absolute favorites of the season...

Same.  Kelee became my favorite of her rookie class straight out of the gate.  She is beautiful and loved watching her growth.

Edited by go4luca
mispelled kelee's name
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

Posted to much sorry guys.

She was also captain when she in high school too. (first black captain is what she said in the show I beleive)

So although she may be reserved I am sure she has leadership skills.

image.png

I understand your point but there have been a lot of TCCs over the years who where captains of their dance teams before coming to DCC. Not all even make it through TC and there are eventually only eight leadership places when they do. I think it was 2013 or 2014 auditions when CMT featured just how many ladies had been captains of their former teams. Not saying she won't achieve it, just that the odds are high.