Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

By no means is this meant to be disrespectful trust me but  it is a world down there that I’ll never understand the “World Famous Kilgore College Rangerettes”  I’m sure being a Lieutenant is a HUGE honor and it is well deserved but it makes me chuckle bc we just don’t have anything like that here in the Boston area. Please don’t come at me!

I adore Kellee & hope she stays bc yes she does seem like a mature, talented young lady who would be a great leader. I like that she’s not all showy & it’s all about me like some others… 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

By no means is this meant to be disrespectful trust me but  it is a world down there that I’ll never understand the “World Famous Kilgore College Rangerettes”  I’m sure being a Lieutenant is a HUGE honor and it is well deserved but it makes me chuckle bc we just don’t have anything like that here in the Boston area. Please don’t come at me!

Same! I'm in SoCal and there's nothing like that here but I watched the documentary that someone posted here through youtube about the Kilgore College Rangerettes and it was actually interesting. 

Does anyone know if they've had opportunities to have a show like the DCC MTT?

• Love 4

Can someone kindly explain the Kilgore uniform to me? Why are their some girls wearing "pure white" when I thought their uniform was red white blue etc? Even when the others are not wearing that red white blue uniform there are some still wearing only white etc.

2 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Can someone kindly explain the Kilgore uniform to me? Why are their some girls wearing "pure white" when I thought their uniform was red white blue etc? Even when the others are not wearing that red white blue uniform there are some still wearing only white etc.

Like this picture as an example

862A7162-EFC3-431B-8ED6-6079EEFC42A3.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

If you want to learn more about the Rangerettes, watch Sweethearts of the Gridiron.  Keep an eye out for former DCC Robin.  😊

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Like this picture as an example

862A7162-EFC3-431B-8ED6-6079EEFC42A3.jpeg

The five girls in white uniforms are officers. The one girl with a blue scarf is the captain and the other four with red scarves are lieutenants. 

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Lea always kills it. She deserves show group this year

Agreed. Lea should get show group. I had fun watching all three of them in Jen A’s choreography.  Marissa, Maryelle from Rhythm and Blues and Lea. All so good.
Lea has a way of completing her moves with extra pop. Saw Cailey in another video same choreography. I think Cailey could benefit from working with Lea a little. She needs a little more precision.  And I think a bit more attitude.  
When you watch dancers that have that extra something, they arch their backs a bit more, they exaggerate the movements, and take opportunities to kind of pose and flirt with the camera. Not a dancer, so not describing this well, but I remember an episode when they told them they couldn’t spread their legs too wide and I think that applies to all those movements. Give it something more. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

If you want to learn more about the Rangerettes, watch Sweethearts of the Gridiron.  Keep an eye out for former DCC Robin.  😊

2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

And DCC Amber :)

Also, Olivia goes on to become a Houston Texans Cheerleader.

• Love 1
On 2/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, PomPomPom said:

I understand your point but there have been a lot of TCCs over the years who where captains of their dance teams before coming to DCC. Not all even make it through TC and there are eventually only eight leadership places when they do. I think it was 2013 or 2014 auditions when CMT featured just how many ladies had been captains of their former teams. Not saying she won't achieve it, just that the odds are high.

This! The time you could become a DCC if you were pretty and could dance a little are long gone. You now need years of training, experience and be prepared to face girls that are as good as you or better. A captain of one team is pitched against the captain of another and that might reveal you are good, but maybe not that good when standing amongst people that share your talent and experience. Ex-tcc Paige (Chiefs) now comes to mind. Within her old team she apparently was one of the best but couldn’t keep up with the DCC.

As for current DCC’s and whomever is best or weakest; Both Kirsten and Madeline have often been marked as the weakest and potential cuts. But we shouldn’t forget that they are still amazing dancers but face 34 more that seem stronger. But hey, I wish I could dance like them! ☺️

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Monique said:

Is it safe to say Jenn A’s prep classes are the best? But also does any other former DCC teach prep classes regularly?

Jens classes are good for any audition really rather it’s pro or college !! 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

There’s a video on Jen A’s Instagram of Megan, Ashlinn and Kliene doing this routine and Megan absolutely kills it! She is really growing on me 

I never noticed or thought anything of Megan during the show.  But from the two videos I've seen of her in Jen A's classes, she is a HUGE standout to me.  She really pops and performs - there are moments of Holly in how she dances (moments, I said - before you all come for me!).

I really think this is one of the strongest rookie classes!  Combination of great dancers, big personalities, great looks, charismatic articulate girls, etc.  It's going to be a tough audition next year!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Redhead Rachel?

DCC Rachel L was a Rangerette 4 years before this was filmed.  In this documentary, DCC Robin was a sophomore and DCC Amber M, DCRB Cassidy, HTC Olivia & TLD Brianna were freshmen.

Also, during the end credits, the Rangerettes reenacted the first performance (with the long skirts) and DCC Rachel is portraying Ms. Gussie Nell Davis.

Rachel as Ms. Davis.jpg

SotG pro dancers.jpg

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, Monique said:

Is it safe to say Jenn A’s prep classes are the best? But also does any other former DCC teach prep classes regularly?

I don’t think so. Michelle Keys is teaching a DCC Prep Class on February 20. She’s taught prep classes in the past. But, because her husband is in the military, she no longer (most of the time) lives in Dallas. Before she was married, she used to teach weekly power classes in Dallas. I believe she’s also choreographed some of the dances for DCC. She’s super talented!  She also posted back in 2020 that, if anyone trying out had questions regarding their outfit, or video submission, they could contact her for help. 

• Love 7
On 2/12/2022 at 6:10 AM, MegzClarkie said:

There’s a video on Jen A’s Instagram of Megan, Ashlinn and Kliene doing this routine and Megan absolutely kills it! She is really growing on me 

Wow I love Megan too. Tough for Kliene to be in between Ashlinn and Megan who have so much pop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Isn't Jennifer Colvin's power classes in Jacksonvillem florida the level as Michelle's? I always thought Michelle's classes was a little better than Jennifer Amburns but maybe thats me

I see two different dancers style-wise. Michelle really radiates power and has great showmanship if you ask me. Jenn seems more technical.  From a strategic perspective, I'd opt for JennA's classes. TPTB seem to highly value her opinion so having Jenn on your side will very likely increase your chances to make it through the first few rounds at least. She is also an assistant trainer.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Jennifer's class is more technical and a better “Prep” class to make a College or Pro team but her choreography is SNOOZE.  
Michelle’s classes look fun and her choreo is 🔥🔥🔥

Edited by Stee
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Stee said:

Jennifer's is likely more technical and a better class to make a College or Pro team but her choreography is SNOOZE.  

It's perfect for DCC because it's all the same moves. Was it Rachel W in her rookie year who said all the dances feel the same? It's only when they have guest choreographers in (not ex-DCC) that they do something different. I don't mean styles, I mean actual dance steps. It doesn't always have to be the same steps on repeat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/13/2022 at 9:38 PM, Pksbena1 said:

I don’t think so. Michelle Keys is teaching a DCC Prep Class on February 20. She’s taught prep classes in the past. But, because her husband is in the military, she no longer (most of the time) lives in Dallas. Before she was married, she used to teach weekly power classes in Dallas. I believe she’s also choreographed some of the dances for DCC. She’s super talented!  She also posted back in 2020 that, if anyone trying out had questions regarding their outfit, or video submission, they could contact her for help. 

I LOVE Michelle Keys!!  I may never be a DCC, but she helps keep me fit anyways.  I'm a treadmill runner, and I watch some of her dance and music videos while I'm running - she helps keeps me motivated.  She's always positive and fun, which I desperately need at 4 a.m. 😂

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It's perfect for DCC because it's all the same moves. Was it Rachel W in her rookie year who said all the dances feel the same? It's only when they have guest choreographers in (not ex-DCC) that they do something different. I don't mean styles, I mean actual dance steps. It doesn't always have to be the same steps on repeat. 

This 100%. It’s one thing to constantly reuse the same moves in different order, but sometimes the moves don’t make sense with the music. There’s often no musicality or connection between rhythm and movement. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Stee said:

This 100%. It’s one thing to constantly reuse the same moves in different order, but sometimes the moves don’t make sense with the music. There’s often no musicality or connection between rhythm and movement. 

I'm with you. I hate Jenn's choreography -- it does lack musicality. That's why I really appreciate Michelle Keys and the other choreographers they bring in -- fresh moves combined with musicality. Just because you danced for the DCC as point doesn't mean choreography is your ministry. I didn't like Mia's choreography either.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

I'm with you. I hate Jenn's choreography -- it does lack musicality. That's why I really appreciate Michelle Keys and the other choreographers they bring in -- fresh moves combined with musicality. Just because you danced for the DCC as point doesn't mean choreography is your ministry. I didn't like Mia's choreography either.

On the subject of Mia I rather watch Mia than Jen A (tho does anyone "troll/stalk" that dance school she and her sister founded that one or 2 former dccs also taught at?)

• Love 3

image.thumb.png.5f70c51b40e1d92e557f2cee622e30ad.png

I know we all have different opinions of Alora Rose but I am really glad she chose to audition during the pandemic when there were no other dance jobs.

If it wasn't for her I wouldn't  have known about the Rockets and all the other cool dance jobs she does.

Texas and cheerleading wasn't her thing but her bond with her rookie sisters was real and I believe she's a very beautiful person in the inside just as well as her outside.

For the current girls I'm grateful for Claire and Rebecca because they seem to have other dreams but is here.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

Heimage.thumb.png.5f70c51b40e1d92e557f2cee622e30ad.png

I know we all have different opinions of Alora Rose but I am really glad she chose to audition during the pandemic when there were no other dance jobs.

If it wasn't for her I wouldn't  have known about the Rockets and all the other cool dance jobs she does.

Texas and cheerleading wasn't her thing but her bond with her rookie sisters was real and I believe she's a very beautiful person in the inside just as well as her outside.

This!

I doubt there is anyone out there who would go to their current employer and tell them they were going to interview for a job elsewhere. She was clearly loved by her teammates but her heart was made in New York.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

This!

I doubt there is anyone out there who would go to their current employer and tell them they were going to interview for a job elsewhere. She was clearly loved by her teammates but her heart was made in New York.

Agreed it drives me crazy when people trash the ladies who are one & done. For some making them team just may not be what they expected and Dallas culture may not be for them it surely would not be for me. 
Edited to add I like Alora and am happy she’s back in NYC

Edited by TB12
  • Love 19
On 2/13/2022 at 4:22 AM, ClassicPegg said:

DCC Rachel L was a Rangerette 4 years before this was filmed.  In this documentary, DCC Robin was a sophomore and DCC Amber M, DCRB Cassidy, HTC Olivia & TLD Brianna were freshmen.

Also, during the end credits, the Rangerettes reenacted the first performance (with the long skirts) and DCC Rachel is portraying Ms. Gussie Nell Davis.

Rachel as Ms. Davis.jpg

SotG pro dancers.jpg

And one of my current DCC favourties was a Rangerette

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0_ZlJQneIr/

1407254984_ScreenShot2022-02-18at16_26_58.png.34ca3ef02fd1ab8364f158e9391dc416.png

Edited by Pau84
  • Love 14
On 2/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, PomPomPom said:

I doubt there is anyone out there who would go to their current employer and tell them they were going to interview for a job elsewhere.

It's different with DCC. Only 36 girls can make the team. Imagine if she waited until training camp was over to tell K&J. She'd be stealing a spot from one of the TCCs.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

It's different with DCC. Only 36 girls can make the team. Imagine if she waited until training camp was over to tell K&J. She'd be stealing a spot from one of the TCCs.

What's so special about DCC that makes it different from any other workplace. You don't leave your current employment so that someone else can come and take your job anymore than you would hesitate to apply for a new job because you might deprive someone else of the opportunity to get it. It comes down to seeking better prospects, better rewards and improved happiness....and you don't burn your bridges till you have crossed them.

• Love 19
On 2/18/2022 at 1:41 PM, PomPomPom said:

What's so special about DCC that makes it different from any other workplace. You don't leave your current employment so that someone else can come and take your job anymore than you would hesitate to apply for a new job because you might deprive someone else of the opportunity to get it. It comes down to seeking better prospects, better rewards and improved happiness....and you don't burn your bridges till you have crossed them.

The thing that makes DCC different is that you sign a contract at the first meeting, committing to a season. Many entertainment jobs involve contracts, and many contract entertainers are financially penalized (and sometimes blackballed) if they break contract. 

Watching the Olympics Closing Ceremonies and I’m wondering if they are ever jealous of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, since The Star is the largest stage in the world. 

Edited by Stee
  • LOL 14
8 hours ago, TK4ever said:

The thing that makes DCC different is that you sign a contract at the first meeting, committing to a season. Many entertainment jobs involve contracts, and many contract entertainers are financially penalized (and sometimes blackballed) if they break contract. 

I cannot understand how such a contract could be binding if the potential employee was still in training camp and had not yet been confirmed as a member of the team.

• Love 7