Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: One More Time

• Start Topic

Twenty-four Challenge All-Stars are reunited in Cancun to face their past and pursue a $500,000 grand prize. An old rivalry flares up between two power players. TJ shocks everyone with an unexpected twist.

Airs 11/11/2021 on Paramount+

1) Ayanna’s description of Teck’s “kingly scepter” 😂😂😂

2) Ayanna: “…my left booty cheek, my right booty cheek…” 😂😂😂

3) Derek (from RW: Cancun): “I’ve aged but I haven’t grown up…”

Me: 0B1C872A-D938-42DB-8BF3-3E3E06F23614.gif.9cd70774118a9969a0ba0dc5ef8996cb.gif

He hasn’t aged at all.

4) Janelle and Jodi look amazing! They have also not aged.

5) I have lots of other thoughts that I don’t feel like typing at the moment lol

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2

TJ can shove it with his shaming after the mission. I have been waiting for years for someone to say “let’s see you try this mission yourself,” so Tina went up in my estimation for that!

Ryan, Casey, Jasmine, Melinda, Jodi, and Tina still look the same! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I sort of expected TJ to go out and run across the balance beam after that, but post-TBI he's probably still limited in some physical activities. 

I don't like when the ep isn't a complete "cycle" of events, but I can overlook this time because I needed refreshers on some people and was glad to work them in. 

Not sure I'll ever get used to Cohutta's long hair. Just seems so different. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, AntFTW said:

4) Janelle and Jodi look amazing! They have also not aged.

Like wizard magic going on. You could have told me those were old clips from them and I would have believed it.  Tina also really looked a lot the same, and sure as hell acted the same!  Her intro clip bragging about her pool and her husband that works?  Blugh.  Still got that same bluster!  But I also laughed when she called out TJ.  As much as I also love Disappointed Dad TJ, I also had to roll my eyes.  If someone successfully plays not to lose all the way to the end?  They won.  He wanted them to take the extra risk (walking, possibly falling and coming in last, going into the battle, losing, going home) when there was no reward to be had.  Don't get mad at people for playing safe/smart when the occasion allows for it.

Enjoyable first episode, but the end did seem abrupt.

• Love 2

While I did agree production making TJ come down on them for their performance just to introduce the "twist" was lame, it has been reported that TJ often tests/tries out the missions with production too and a lot of times will run the final as well.  They dont publicize this nor want it even known, but I did think Tina's response was funny considering he has probably done more missions and finals just off camera than most of the cast there.

• Love 1

I'm back. After the shitshow that was this week's Spies, Lies & Allies, it was good to get back to the classics.

I'm a bit horrified poking through Facebook and seeing how people missed Tina. I figure she'll be "Mean Girls"-ing through the game in a matter of weeks.

Hey, Brad looked alive this episode! Usually, when I see him, I think, "Big Beard, Dead Eyes, Can't Lose."

Great to see Sophia back. Steve? Oy. I mean, I liked the guy back in the day and he seems cool now .  . but the long hair and beard. Why?!? I choose to believe he looks like that to get camera time. Seriously, he was fun. Sadly, he was overshadowed on  RR: The Quest mostly by Adam and Ellen's toxic showmance. His best bits were him and Blair doing commentary on MTV.com.

*sigh* I'm thinking maybe the house is a downgrade from the last one. I really dug the Challenge-based art, the helmets on the wall, and quotes pulled from the show's history put on walls . . . and that included Ayanna's classic "Slept In My Uniform Last Night." I'm glad she can laugh about that. I'm worried for her though . . . none of her previous Challengers ended well.

TJ can eat a dick. Nehemiah would've been within his right to drop his shorts to show off the bruise he probably got when he dropped on that beam. "Look, I'm not into guys kissing, but I need you, Teege. Maybe if you blow into my mouth real hard, it'll force my boys back to their home."

Derrick/Jodi was cute. I can't remember their season mostly because it was the death knell for Road Rules*. Kinda hoping BMP shows the mission with the attack dogs tackling the kids.

*Viewers' Revenge does not count for me in this context.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

As much as I rooted for Jonna in S1, I wish they would've went with a completely new cast. I love seeing people we haven't seen years, so I'm happy with much of the cast.  Then there are those I could absolutely live without:  Derrick (completely overrated, an arrogant little shit too. He'd better not mess up Jodi's game), Darrell (still competing on Challenge), Laterrian (dude is nuts). 

I was actually happy about TJ's announcement.  Last season's pacing suffered and they took way too many people to the final, so I like the double elimination. I also hope they adjusted the layout to allow for both male/female winners.

Am I the only one who didn't remember Leah? 

I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice seeing Leah, Steve, Sophia and even Ayanna since I thought none of them would be on anything BMP related ever again. Also, I've been rewatching Real World Paris and Leah's son looks just like her brother Pasqual. Also, nice to see Ayanna and Leah have matured since both were a lot back in the day. Kind of funny to see no interaction between Darrell and Leah since that might have been one of the most WTF hook ups in Challenge history.

I enjoyed Tina and I wasn't expecting too. I did chuckle when TJ called her loud mouth. Also I've never liked Nehemiah so it was funny he probably wouldn't be in the elimination if he had chosen her. 

Derrick and Jodi were already getting on my nerves with the Road Rules Xtreme stuff it was nice the first and second time, but by the fourth it got annoying. 

• LOL 1
On 11/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, snarts said:

As much as I rooted for Jonna in S1, I wish they would've went with a completely new cast. I love seeing people we haven't seen years, so I'm happy with much of the cast.  Then there are those I could absolutely live without:  Derrick (completely overrated, an arrogant little shit too. He'd better not mess up Jodi's game), Darrell (still competing on Challenge), Laterrian (dude is nuts)

I was actually happy about TJ's announcement.  Last season's pacing suffered and they took way too many people to the final, so I like the double elimination. I also hope they adjusted the layout to allow for both male/female winners.

Am I the only one who didn't remember Leah? 

I don't know why the bolded made me LOL, but I totally agree. And I guess it is difficult to  secure people for this because they've got families and commitments, but I was disappointed to see some repeats already. I don't mind Teck only because he was only on the last one for a minute or so and I always find Darrell entertaining and he's a hell of a competitor. But Katie, Kendall, Laterrian, Nehemiah, Jonna, meh. Too soon.

I definitely remembered Leah but I would never have expected the tattoo sleeve. For some reason, it doesn't surprise me that she's a single mom, she seems like a difficult personality in a lot of ways. Like she probably has a lot of good qualities, but there's something hard about her. Also, on a purely shallow note, she's always had an unfortunate neck, you can tell that no matter how thin she is, her neck is always creased and it makes her look bigger than she is.

Like wizard magic going on. You could have told me those were old clips from them and I would have believed it.  Tina also really looked a lot the same, and sure as hell acted the same!  Her intro clip bragging about her pool and her husband that works?  Blugh.  Still got that same bluster! 

To continue the shallow train, Tina benefits from having had chipmunk cheeks. Keeps the wrinkles at bay and she looks basically the same too. I sensed a little defensiveness behind her pool life bragging and drama queens like her are never actually happy. I didn't miss her and am not happy to have her back. 

Steve? Oy. I mean, I liked the guy back in the day and he seems cool now .  . but the long hair and beard. Why?!? I choose to believe he looks like that to get camera time. Seriously, he was fun. Sadly, he was overshadowed on  RR: The Quest mostly by Adam and Ellen's toxic showmance. His best bits were him and Blair doing commentary on MTV.com.

They did a black and white montage of people coming in and I was seriously like, why is Jerry from the Walking Dead there??? Would never have recognized Steve, his spiky haired coiffure was one of his trademarks. I did laugh enormously at his career of being a hand model, somehow that fits. And he DOES have nice hands. 

MJ and Tyler have both put on quite a few and Tyler's hair is making a run for the hills. Also didn't recognize Cohutta with the long hair but that voice is unmistakeable, lol. 

• LOL 1
On 11/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, snarts said:

Then there are those I could absolutely live without:  Derrick (completely overrated, an arrogant little shit too.

How is he overrated(wondering not arguing). He is probably the smallest guy ever on the challenge and he has beaten alot of people. I kinda agree with the arrogant part.

My problem is with Darrell and anyone that still does the regular challenge. I think if you are on one that you shouldn't be able to do the other.   

2 hours ago, xfuse said:

How is he overrated(wondering not arguing).

IMHO, he talks like he's a top dog, yet his challenge wins were all part of teams. His boastful introduction this episode was just another example. Admittedly, much of my dislike stems from his commentary during the S1 Aftershows. 

I like Jodi and am happy to see her back, yet saddened that she's so quickly aligned with him. Was Leah on RW Paris with CT? Her name is familiar but her face is not.  The clips of her on a previous Challenge were a complete blank for me.

Really just so happy that Jisella is not back.

Any word on a S2 Aftershow. P+ didn't have anything yet posted when I watched on Saturday.

2 hours ago, snarts said:

IMHO, he talks like he's a top dog, yet his challenge wins were all part of teams. His boastful introduction this episode was just another example. Admittedly, much of my dislike stems from his commentary during the S1 Aftershows. 

I like Jodi and am happy to see her back, yet saddened that she's so quickly aligned with him. Was Leah on RW Paris with CT? Her name is familiar but her face is not.  The clips of her on a previous Challenge were a complete blank for me.

Any word on a S2 Aftershow. P+ didn't have anything yet posted when I watched on Saturday.

I use to dislike Derrick back in the day so much. He is just super annoying with his cockiness. The only redeeming part is his sweet relationship with his son and that he always had Tonya's back because they slept together. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, snarts said:

Yes, Leah and CT were on RW Paris together and clashed a lot.

I'm interested to see how Jodi holds up, she was an amazing competitor but she always had that hunched over insecurity, so I'm curious if being back in this environment will bring her back to that person or if her newfound confidence will hold.

I'm glad to see no Jisela and no Aneesa.

• Love 1

Late to the party, but here are some shallow observations:

Whoa, Jonna lost a ton of weight since last season!

Whoa, Jasmine gained a ton of weight since we last saw her!

Tyler looks rough. I wonder if he can still do those high-kicks?

Leah has certainly had a lot of plastic surgery. 

Casey put on a lot of weight, but she kind of needed it.

I like Cohutta's long hair.

Jodie, Janelle, and Katie look great!

Brad needs to shave his head completely, and stop trying to compensate for the lack of hair on his head with that 70's bush on his face.  Yikes. 

Tina looks pretty much the same. I hated her back in the day, but I love that she's child-free and livin' her best life. 

I get very tired of hearing about every one's kids.  We get it; they had unprotected sex. Most people do. It's not special. Move on. 🤣

Edited by Zima
  • LOL 1

TJ mimicking Tina was the best part of the ep.   I bet he's been wanting to do something like that for years.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, Unclejosh said:

While I did agree production making TJ come down on them for their performance just to introduce the "twist" was lame, it has been reported that TJ often tests/tries out the missions with production too and a lot of times will run the final as well.  They dont publicize this nor want it even known, but I did think Tina's response was funny considering he has probably done more missions and finals just off camera than most of the cast there.

I have also read about TJ personally trying the missions and running the finals.

• Love 1
On 11/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, snarts said:

I don't know about top dog, but Derrick's a pitbull in eliminations.  I don't begrudge him his boasts at all.   No matter who he goes against or how big they are, his strength, endurance and tenacity always means there's a good chance he will win.