Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Fractures

jewel21
  • Start Topic

As the team investigates the stabbing of a father with two young daughters, they begin to suspect there is more to the story than meets the eye. The FBI investigation into Roy Walton's death intensifies while Voight, Upton and Halstead feel the heat.

Airdate: 11/10/2021

• Love 1

We all know not a damn thing going to happen to Voight right now but at some point he has to face consequences. I wish they would stop playing the go after Voight story for the millionth time when he always gets away with it.

Haley was insufferable again, she was just having panic attacks but not she acting like she's tough. 

And Jay as some kind of moral boy scout doesn't ring true. I think Atwater would fit that role better.  

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, mommalib said:

Haley was insufferable again, she was just having panic attacks but not she acting like she's tough. 

When isn't she?

So Jay's 'moral' code directly relates to whoever he's sticking his dick in. Oh, you're a murderer, a liar, complicit and have dragged me into your mess to the point where the FBI is now after me too but hey can't wait to marry you.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

What the hell has Eid done to this show? These characters are woeful. Barely three weeks ago Felony Barbie couldn't cross a road without having a crisis & had a panic attack, and now big bad Permasmirk is back with her shit eating grin. I guess when you've dumped it all on your Boyfriend, and he's going to probably go down with you it must be a weight of her shoulders & she'll just let Jay take the fall for her & dig her out of her mess....nothing to worry about anymore.

Glad they remembered, however briefly, that all this started when Kim was kidnapped. 

Oh and Atwater, I love you dude, but you didn't want to break down walls to find Kim, you want to knock and ask politely with a warrant. 

I really hate how they re-write scenes/stories to suit the theme of the week.

• Love 3

I'd be fine with this whole thing if it actually resulted in one or more of the major players actually going down.

I love Voight despite (even because of?) his flaws, but he's well beyond his sell-by date. How many times can you rehash the same plot before the audience checks out? Now should be the time to him pay the piper for real, and either he goes out in cuffs or eats his gun as the feds bust down the door. Dramatically it would work, but...then what? Nobody currently on the show, except possibly LaRoyce Hawkins, has the talent and gravitas to pull off being chief of Intelligence, but you just know they'd go with Jay or She Who Must Not Be Named.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I'd be fine with this whole thing if it actually resulted in one or more of the major players actually going down.

I love Voight despite (even because of?) his flaws, but he's well beyond his sell-by date. How many times can you rehash the same plot before the audience checks out? Now should be the time to him pay the piper for real, and either he goes out in cuffs or eats his gun as the feds bust down the door. Dramatically it would work, but...then what? Nobody currently on the show, except possibly LaRoyce Hawkins, has the talent and gravitas to pull off being chief of Intelligence, but you just know they'd go with Jay or She Who Must Not Be Named.

An Atwater spin off would be awesome. 

• Love 4

Someone remind me: what crime has Halstead committed?  Other than knowing what went down with Voight, Felony Barbie and Roy (which I still think was a justified shooting since the perp was going for his gun).  Because knowing isn’t a crime.  He might lose his job for not reporting what he knows, but what does the FBI have on him???  Maybe I’m forgetting something so please correct me if I’m wrong.  Because otherwise, this whole storyline is hurting my head. 🙄

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jalady said:

Someone remind me: what crime has Halstead committed?  Other than knowing what went down with Voight, Felony Barbie and Roy (which I still think was a justified shooting since the perp was going for his gun).  Because knowing isn’t a crime.  He might lose his job for not reporting what he knows, but what does the FBI have on him???  Maybe I’m forgetting something so please correct me if I’m wrong.  Because otherwise, this whole storyline is hurting my head. 🙄

The only thing I can think is that he participated in concealing evidence by not advising investigators that he tracked Voight's GPS to the site where the remains were found.  He was going along with Voight's ruse that they had no idea where the guy was. 

If not concealing evidence, the only other thing I can think is negligence of his duties as a law enforcement officer to bring forth the evidence that he knew about Voight.

I still don't get where this is going, except to get Jay and Hailey to turn in Voight.  I am not interested in watching this show without Jason Beghe.  I like all of the actors, but Voight is the center of the show.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, jalady said:

^^^

Thanks for this, but even if he tracked Voight, he didn’t dig up the remains himself (and they certainly can’t prove he did) so . . .

I’m with you; no Voight, no show.

Perhaps Obstruction of Justice if push came to shove. Jay's biggest 'crime' is his moral hypocrisy at this point. 

• Love 3

Aside from the Roy/FBI stuff, I'm in the dark with the two sisters. Why did the 2nd sister kill the father? I missed something and I'm not going to re-watch a P.O.S. episode.

I also agree that its a stretch to think Jay committed a crime, but the way I see it on the surface there's no way out for the other two. And yes, Sgt. Voight now they do have a body.

As an aside, how did the FBI guy manage to get that body dug up and recruit an army of CSI people to work the scene in such a short time? Also, how does he even know it was Roy?      [Did Voight bury a stand-in corpse?]

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

As far as I’m concerned, there is no Chicago PD without Voight. I like that Trudy is his ride or die.

Al was his ride or die. And he died. I hope for better for Trudy though she is very loyal.

I agree they have nothing on Jay. FBI guy even said he could track everyone's locations that night except Upton. But he's trying to pressure Jay into giving something up. The fact Jay helped him find the body is just grease for that wheel.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

I agree they have nothing on Jay. FBI guy even said he could track everyone's locations that night except Upton. But he's trying to pressure Jay into giving something up. The fact Jay helped him find the body is just grease for that wheel.

The only semi interesting storyline that could be dredged from this slop is Voight VS. Halstead where one of them dies or leaves the PD.  I doubt that they will go there as both have a pretty solid following.  Plus, as others have said, Voight basically IS the show.    And I get whiplash watching Felony Barbie switch back between a crying, sloppy non functioning mess to bad ass cop.  PICK A LANE!

• Love 1

Yeah, it's like Chicago Fire, every year they threaten to close 51.  It gets old.  At first I thought they were going to find something dirty on the FBI guy, but now that the body is dug up that path is closed.  It would be great if it really was some other random body, great fake out. 

26 minutes ago, judyri said:

It would be great if it really was some other random body, great fake out. 

As I posted earlier I wouldn't put it past Voight (the writers) to have buried a random cadaver just for a situation like this. If so, that FBI guy is done. 

IMHO, that is the only way the three of them could walk away from this. Voight was pretty emphatic when he said "they don't have a body."

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

The COTW was so predictable, obviously it’s just a filler and of course it’s solved by the badass Hailey. Kevin, Kim and Adam were busy doing what actually?

This show has some serious continuity issues. Weeks ago Hailey was sobbing while having panic attacks and this week she’s back to being her usual smug, smirking, cocky self? They even dressed her in a leather jacket to glorify her badass-ness!🤦🏻‍♀️

Kim’s PTSD, her need for some answers on Roy’s disappearance and her friendship with Hailey should NOT be forgotten. Kim is also one of the MVP in this Roy Walton’s storyline. Why is she being sidelined? Why make it all about Hailey-Voight-Jay? The underuse of other characters is really frustrating! We got to see more Trudy in this episode but it’s still not enough. And where is Miller?

Hailey is not Al and Jay is not Antonio. Forcing themselves into Voight’s business led them to more troubles and messiness. What a joke! So whipped Jay, what now? Your fiancée or your boss? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, preeya said:

Aside from the Roy/FBI stuff, I'm in the dark with the two sisters. Why did the 2nd sister kill the father? I missed something and I'm not going to re-watch a P.O.S. episode.

someone please explain ↑

It appeared by that smirk (after Hailey said something about “you wanted to know what it (killing) felt like”) that the killer sister was a thrill killer psychopath. I don’t understand why the older sister was covering for her. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 1
22 hours ago, preeya said:

In the interview at the station, I thought that she said that the dad had been sexually abusing the blonde sister.  I could have misunderstood.  I was very confused with the chain of events. After the dad was stabbed, he told the cops that it was a Hispanic male.  I'm not sure why the dad lied - maybe to cover for the girls?

Edited by nittany cougar

Based on the last few comments, it appears that I'm not alone in not understanding the plot of the week.

I also thought it was a sexual abuse case which it wasn't, or was it?

In any event it was a bullshit episode aside from introducing the FBI agent who is out to GET VOIGHT.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, preeya said:

Based on the last few comments, it appears that I'm not alone in not understanding the plot of the week.

I also thought it was a sexual abuse case which it wasn't, or was it?

In any event it was a bullshit episode aside from introducing the FBI agent who is out to GET VOIGHT.

Theme of the show these days.

I rarely understand any of the plots anymore. It goes from a family to a gang to etc within minutes and I am lost already. Just give me a straightforward plot that doesn’t include 25 different angles.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

In the interview at the station, I thought that she said that the dad had been sexually abusing the blonde sister.  I could have misunderstood.  I was very confused with the chain of events. After the dad was stabbed, he told the cops that it was a Hispanic male.  I'm not sure why the dad lied - maybe to cover for the girls?

On 11/12/2021 at 7:12 AM, preeya said:

Candace the psychopath has been saying for a long time that she wanted to kill her dad (reason unknown). Both Darlene and the dad were terrified of her. But their dad loved Candace too much to do anything about it, to ask for help, to get meds, to put her someplace.

When Candace attacked the dad, Darlene fought her off and got some wounds on her arm. Candace was upset about this, told Darlene that she has messed up her plan. She made Darlene to take the knife and the clothes, then to dump it all.

Their 1st cover story (the home invasion) fell apart when there was no sign of forced entry. Their friend, Rodrigo went to their house that morning (21 mins before 911 call) and he confirmed that Darlene was there. The marching band director also confirmed that Darlene never show up for practice that morning.

Then the sisters came up with the 2nd cover story (the abusive dad). Darlene killed their dad to save Candace. While studying their body language around each other, Hailey noticed that Candace is in fact the aggressive one, not Darlene.

This is the best that I can remember.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Candace the psychopath has been saying for a long time that she wanted to kill her dad (reason unknown). Both Darlene and the dad were terrified of her. But their dad loved Candace too much to do anything about it, to ask for help, to get meds, to put her someplace.

When Candace attacked the dad, Darlene fought her off and got some wounds on her arm. Candace was upset about this, told Darlene that she has messed up her plan. She made Darlene to take the knife and the clothes, then to dump it all.

Their 1st cover story (the home invasion) fell apart when there was no sign of forced entry. Their friend, Rodrigo went to their house that morning (21 mins before 911 call) and he confirmed that Darlene was there. The marching band director also confirmed that Darlene never show up for practice that morning.

Then the sisters came up with the 2nd cover story (the abusive dad). Darlene killed their dad to save Candace. While studying their body language around each other, Hailey noticed that Candace is in fact the aggressive one, not Darlene.

This is the best that I can remember.

Thank-you!

• Love 1
On 11/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

Nobody currently on the show, except possibly LaRoyce Hawkins, has the talent and gravitas to pull off being chief of Intelligence, but you just know they'd go with Jay or She Who Must Not Be Named.

I mostly agree, except if you watch old reruns from the first 3 seasons or so, Jesse Lee Soffer used to have the skill to pull it off, IMO.  The writers have ruined his character so badly that he just phones it in now.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I mostly agree, except if you watch old reruns from the first 3 seasons or so, Jesse Lee Soffer used to have the skill to pull it off, IMO.  The writers have ruined his character so badly that he just phones it in now.

I feel sorry for Jesse Lee Soffer, once a good character now reduced to a wimpy feckless bit player who does nothing but prop up his partner. I don't blame him for phoning it in. 

• Love 1

Just caught up on this episode, can’t wait to see what Jay does but I’m pretty sure Hank is already 10 steps ahead. 

They’ve got really strong cast at PD, Tracy spiridakos, Jesse Lee Soffer and as always Jason Beghe are shining right now. 

We definitely need to see more of Kevin, what happened to his girlfriend and is he still lying to her? 

Also we need to Kims side of this Roy storyline, I’m guessing that coming up now that Roy’s body has been discovered. 

All in all I’m really interested to see how the rest of the unit reacts when they find out the truth about Roy’s death - it’s bound to cause a disconnect within the unit. 

Finally we need more Trudy, she’s criminally under used. 

Not sure how they walk this one back and save Voight, but I'm sure they'll find a way.  Haven't heard anything about Jason Beghe wanting off the show, so I'm assuming they'll figure something out.

What I don't understand... Halstead was suspicious of Voight several episodes ago, so he used the CPD database to run a GPS trace on Voight's car the night of the murder.  1) Why wouldn't Voight know that his car could be traced and not taken a rental or some other vehicle?  2) If Halstead ran the trace, why couldn't FBI guy do the same?  He made it sound like Halstead was the one that led him right to Voight.  I'm sure he could have done the same if he suspected Voight.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Not sure how they walk this one back and save Voight, but I'm sure they'll find a way.  Haven't heard anything about Jason Beghe wanting off the show, so I'm assuming they'll figure something out.

What I don't understand... Halstead was suspicious of Voight several episodes ago, so he used the CPD database to run a GPS trace on Voight's car the night of the murder.  1) Why wouldn't Voight know that his car could be traced and not taken a rental or some other vehicle?  2) If Halstead ran the trace, why couldn't FBI guy do the same?  He made it sound like Halstead was the one that led him right to Voight.  I'm sure he could have done the same if he suspected Voight.

Unless the fact that Halstead had traced it recently alerted them to something?..... however, the  writing of this show and particularly this storyline has so many holes in it that you could drive several trucks through it.

As if a man wanted for the murder of a senior police officers son, underaged teenaged sex trafficked girls & the kidnapping, beating & shooting of another officer & whatever else he'd gotten up would be forgotten about after one brief...'oh we've looked we can find him episode.' They wouldn't have already checked the GPS, phone data & movements of everyone involved that day?

So it took them months to talk to Burgess about it? This has been a total clusterfuck from the get go.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Guildford said:

Unless the fact that Halstead had traced it recently alerted them to something?..... however, the  writing of this show and particularly this storyline has so many holes in it that you could drive several trucks through it.

As if a man wanted for the murder of a senior police officers son, underaged teenaged sex trafficked girls & the kidnapping, beating & shooting of another officer & whatever else he'd gotten up would be forgotten about after one brief...'oh we've looked we can find him episode.' They wouldn't have already checked the GPS, phone data & movements of everyone involved that day?

So it took them months to talk to Burgess about it? This has been a total clusterfuck from the get go.

Exactly.  Seemed like FBI guy placed Upton at the scene easily, right?  That's why the whole line of questioning?  He knew she was there, he knew she asked for new blues afterwards, etc.  Yet he couldn't place Voight there?  He couldn't easily track Voight's movements?  

I'm still confused about the whole events that night and the whole story line.  I vaguely recall that there were two guys.  But honestly don't remember who was the bad guy, and why Upton killed this guy.  And I don't really care to go back to watch to figure out.  But why couldn't they have easily staged a self defense motive?  Do one of those "we wrestled, he grabbed for my gun, so Hailey had to shoot him to save me" kind of things?  That would have seemed to be the easy way out of it.

How did Trudy catch on that something was up with Voight, Upton, and Halstead?  Just by their behavior?  Why wouldn't anyone else have noticed?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Exactly.  Seemed like FBI guy placed Upton at the scene easily, right?  That's why the whole line of questioning?  He knew she was there, he knew she asked for new blues afterwards, etc.  Yet he couldn't place Voight there?  He couldn't easily track Voight's movements?  

I'm still confused about the whole events that night and the whole story line.  I vaguely recall that there were two guys.  But honestly don't remember who was the bad guy, and why Upton killed this guy.  And I don't really care to go back to watch to figure out.  But why couldn't they have easily staged a self defense motive?  Do one of those "we wrestled, he grabbed for my gun, so Hailey had to shoot him to save me" kind of things?  That would have seemed to be the easy way out of it.

How did Trudy catch on that something was up with Voight, Upton, and Halstead?  Just by their behavior?  Why wouldn't anyone else have noticed?

There was two guys, the one that kidnapped Burgess & Roy....Roy shot both that guy (no idea what his name was) and Burgess, the guy died.

Self defense was the easy option, yet the writers had to manufactured this moronic, insipid storyline so they could drag it out & we can all enjoy  Mopey & Dopey overemote week in week out. 🙄

It is clear that Burgess getting kidnapped was a plot point to highlight Eid's little Pet project. Because having a cop kill a guy, help cover it up, lie to colleagues, ignore the trauma of the victim, lie to the FBI and get her idiotic boyfriend to propose to her, move into her dream apartment is exactly the way I'd try and get the audience to like a character who already has a fairly divided audience.

38 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Self defense was the easy option, yet the writers had to manufactured this moronic, insipid storyline so they could drag it out & we can all enjoy  Mopey & Dopey overemote week in week out. 🙄

Self defence wouldn’t have worked had Hank had already beaten Roy to a pulp not to mention he hadn’t called in an arrest. 

With they way everyone in the ivory tower seems to always be after Hank there was no way Hank was letting Roy leave that place alive. 

He manipulated that whole situation, that said Hailey shouldn’t have gone, she know who and what Hank is - should have just left him to it. 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

With the way Eid just loves Upton and Barf.. I mean Upstead and its rumored the Showrunner that's taking over for him is the same way I won't be surprised if they have Jay and Hailey run Intelligence after putting Voight in Jail. I dont get the love for Upton shes a very Undeserved 3rd Billed after Jay and Hank(sorry to repeat myself). Seeing the Upton lovers delusional praising how tough she is and how much she "loves" Jay is 🤮. Also saying Tracy is an amazing Actress 🤣 I just can't.  

• Love 2
On 11/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, Chicagopdfan said:

Just caught up on this episode, can’t wait to see what Jay does but I’m pretty sure Hank is already 10 steps ahead. 

They’ve got really strong cast at PD, Tracy spiridakos, Jesse Lee Soffer and as always Jason Beghe are shining right now. 

We definitely need to see more of Kevin, what happened to his girlfriend and is he still lying to her? 

Also we need to Kims side of this Roy storyline, I’m guessing that coming up now that Roy’s body has been discovered. 

All in all I’m really interested to see how the rest of the unit reacts when they find out the truth about Roy’s death - it’s bound to cause a disconnect within the unit. 

Finally we need more Trudy, she’s criminally under used. 

Only thing that shines about Tracy is being not a good actress, being the Showrunner pet and playing a hypocritical, Annoying, Think my shit don't stink Witch. Sick of her getting more screen time than better more interesting actors/Actresses/Characters 

10 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Only thing that shines about Tracy is being not a good actress, being the Showrunner pet and playing a hypocritical, Annoying, Think my shit don't stink Witch. Sick of her getting more screen time than better more interesting actors/Actresses/Characters 

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree because I think Tracy is an incredible actor and certainly one of the strongest on the show. 

Edited by Chicagopdfan
On 12/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Chicagopdfan said:

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree because I think Tracy is an incredible actor and certainly one of the strongest on the show.

But, for whatever reason, the writing and the acting on the show went downhill after she joined the cast.

• Love 1