Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Six Months Later

• Start Topic

Regarding Delilah, to give her just a tiny bit of credit, she didn't want to leave Sophie. She wanted to take Sophie with her and thought a new place and time together would be good for her. Sophie refused to leave. 

Now Delilah certainly could have chosen to delay her trip in response to that.

9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

They said when Gina got the offer that it was three months. Did they say anything about it being extended or did they just hope we wouldn't remember or notice that we've jumped three more months beyond that?

I would almost think they changed the length of the time jump after the wrote the episode, but Darcy's pregnancy kind of needs to be 6 months.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Or half sister. I wasn't sure.

You’re right. (smacking my forehead) Half sister was what I was actually thinking of. He acted like the stereotype of the divorced dad who pays no attention to his first family and lavishes all his attention on the second.

• Love 3

I kinda have to presume that the fan from the street IS the stalker because, you know, it’s the obvious plot choice for the writers to make, BUT, on the other hand, the writers are so enraptured of Maggie getting all of the praise and attention, all of the time, that *of course* she’s so popular that she has random fans on the street, a crapton of fan mail AND a stalker.  

Kevin and Bean on KROQ were nationally and, hell, globally famous during my stint in LA and yet I would literally not be able to pick them out of a line-up.

Should I be concerned that Grace Park wasn’t in this episode after the Delilah situation?  Is the cast due for another round of contract negotiations?  (Which, by the way, I have NEVER fully bought as the reason that Szotak left - the cynical side of me thinks they realized they had a weak link in the cast and, well, things went down like that.). I’d actually miss Katherine, though.

I one thousand percent did not miss Theo at all.  Like, even a little bit.

I hate to bring up the timeline once again, but, in general, corporations generally aren’t cool with people infringing on their intellectual property rights and illegally showing the movie that they own for SIX MONTHS.  A YouTube video with copyrighted music can get taken off within a DAY.  I downloaded SPECTRE to write a James Bond paper and fully got a notice from my internet provider was told by Sony to stop stealing films.  Rome genuinely needs to call that woman with the lawyer connections.  As far as I can tell, Rome hasn’t recut or reworked the film at all or substantially enough that he could claim that it is no longer the film Paragon Plus bought.  (Which, that might be an interesting plot choice.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Lethallyfab said:

Should I be concerned that Grace Park wasn’t in this episode after the Delilah situation?  Is the cast due for another round of contract negotiations?  (Which, by the way, I have NEVER fully bought as the reason that Szotak left - the cynical side of me thinks they realized they had a weak link in the cast and, well, things went down like that.). I’d actually miss Katherine, though.

She was in the preview for the next episode.

• Useful 1

How does Eddie get out of the car and into his wheelchair? Most people who can’t walk or stand would have a vehicle with a lift that allows them to roll their wheelchair onto a lift that allows them to roll their chair to behind the steering wheel.  

• Useful 2
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How does Eddie get out of the car and into his wheelchair? Most people who can’t walk or stand would have a vehicle with a lift that allows them to roll their wheelchair onto a lift that allows them to roll their chair to behind the steering wheel.  

I've seen this in parking lots several times with paraplegics. Essentially, his upper body strength does everything. He will pull the chair from the back and either push it out that battery operated door, or pull it onto his lap. Then he will open his door, unfold the chair, depending a lot on the drivers seat and car door to hang onto until he sits. If it's from the back seat, he will likely grab and pull it towards while leaning out of the drivers side. Then lower himself onto it as before. 

It shows you just how physically demanding simple tasks can be. 

• Useful 3
25 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I've seen this in parking lots several times with paraplegics. Essentially, his upper body strength does everything. He will pull the chair from the back and either push it out that battery operated door, or pull it onto his lap. Then he will open his door, unfold the chair, depending a lot on the drivers seat and car door to hang onto until he sits. If it's from the back seat, he will likely grab and pull it towards while leaning out of the drivers side. Then lower himself onto it as before. 

But with passengers in the back seat, his wheelchair was in the front seat. How would he be able to maneuver that?  Maybe, nit picky, but the way they play so loose with his condition annoys me.  

What a terrible episode.  This show is just so bad.  None of these people are even friends anymore except for maybe Gary & Eddie.  

Why does this show constantly bring in random characters and plot lines that go absolutely nowhere?  Eddie sets up his hit & run driver in his apartment and then just nothing, we hear nothing else about her. Gina becomes best friends with a woman at work and then she quits.  Katherine gets slightly involved with an actress and then she leaves.  Rome and Gina become guardians for that teenager and then he leaves.  Maggie goes to England and meets a guy but comes back. The list goes on and on of random characters that get introduced and storylines that just go nowhere.  

I really just find none of these people likeable at all.  

• Love 15
On 11/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, ams1001 said:

1) Hmm...maybe leaving the traumatized 18-year-old alone at home (to deal with realtors and showings of her childhood home, no less) while you went off to France was a bad idea...t.

2) Why would they use real money in a prop wallet?

3) Does Gary just carry around a wad of cash in his pocket?

On 11/4/2021 at 8:14 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

So the only reason Delilah called Eddie was not because she was worried that Sophie was not answering her phone; it was because she needed to make sure the house was presentable for a showing.

1) Hi, have you met Delilah?  In a group that makes really bad self-centered decisions, she is the worst.

2) No way, Even if the actor had to show cash, it would be obviously fake money (unless they got their prop-master from the crew of "Rust")

3) $1000 in cash in his back pocket.  Just spare change in case he sees his old car on the street.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, KaveDweller said:

Are they going to have Rome cheat with that woman?

I hope not. If I was writing this, I'd have Rome ask Regina to call her. 

On 11/5/2021 at 5:50 AM, ams1001 said:

They said when Gina got the offer that it was three months. Did they say anything about it being extended or did they just hope we wouldn't remember or notice that we've jumped three more months beyond that?

On Regina's co-worker's criminal past, a place like Crocodize is far more likely to do a professional background check than whoever hired Gina as caterer.  Also, this could be their second or third gig, which is why Sharice was not there. 

• Love 3

So is Gina's big career opportunity to be just catering on location and never be home with Rome?  How is that better than working at Crocodiles (no idea how to spell it)?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Suzn said:

So is Gina's big career opportunity to be just catering on location and never be home with Rome?  How is that better than working at Crocodiles (no idea how to spell it)?

At Crocodilz, Regina was close to home and Rome, not straining her marriage with an extended absence.  She was lucky she was given a job with a steady paycheck and one where she could have climbed the corporate ladder.  She just didn't like having to follow the rules of the kitchen.  The movie will be over and there's no guarantee of another catering gig.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CrystalBlue said:

At Crocodilz, Regina was close to home and Rome, not straining her marriage with an extended absence.  She was lucky she was given a job with a steady paycheck and one where she could have climbed the corporate ladder.  She just didn't like having to follow the rules of the kitchen.  The movie will be over and there's no guarantee of another catering gig.

She was childish about following rules and threw that job away.  And yes, it could have led to opportunities. Unless she wants to always be away on location, the catering job will be over and then what?

• Love 3

'm pretty sure Paragon+ would have filed a lawsuit immediately, rather than wait 6 months. From my knowledge of lawsuits, which ain't much, lawsuits are easy to file. It would be the discovery that would take a while. And I'm still confused why Rome thought that Paragon+ wouldn't find out about this. Even if I still say that there are more loopholes in this so-called contract than the show is letting on. Did Rome even sign anything, or did his agent forge his signature? I don't get it!

Paragon Plus would've gotten their house legal staff to simply issue a cease and desist letter to Rome the minute they found out he was showing the film publicly without their consent.  And, presuming he wasn't a character on this ridiculously implausible show, Rome would've immediately ceased and desisted realizing that Paragon Plus had more than enough money to bankrupt him completely with a lawsuit.  Not to mention realizing that, as a free-lance film maker, he was never getting hired by anyone again after his actions became public knowledge.  There are a gazillion struggling film makers out there; no one is going to take a chance on someone who violates a contract after selliing his film to a third party.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, BoogieBurns said:

If you watched the show "Push Girls", they do this all the time. The problem is how it was done. If Eddie will have the wheelchair pn the seat, front or back, he does't really need a van. A van is useful because it has a ramp, where the person can wheel themselves in and out, then transfer to the car seat. It would actually be better for Eddie to have a smaller car where he can just remove the wheels and put on the passenger seat, if he is going to be a *not-uber* drive. Besides, it would require less amount of physical strength to transfer in and out of a car that has a seat that is more or less the same height as the wheelchair. Again, the writers don't have a clue about anything they write and want to throw everything they have ever heard about disabilities in one character. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2