Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Huckleberry

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Cassie takes on a missing person case brought in by a concerned girlfriend while Jenny continues to search for clues relating to the mysterious truck accident. As they check in with each other, the two eventually realize they are working the same case. However, they are not the only ones looking for answers as a new face comes to town hellbent on taking what she believes is rightfully hers. Meanwhile, Max, Harper, Madison and Bridger are at odds over the stolen money on an all-new episode of “Big Sky,” THURSDAY, OCT. 7 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

160295_7937.jpg
160197_9084.jpg
160197_8872.jpg

Is this season going to revolve around the four dumbest, most clueless teenagers in Montana?  My head hurts already.

Say please, Ronald.  Does that collar have some kind of lock on it?  Because from what I see it's just a standard buckle, which could easily be undone. 

Must be a really laid back sheriff's department when you can show up to work in a band tee shirt.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a titanic battle of the badass babes, now that the new kid is in town, along with Mack the Knife.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is this season going to revolve around the four dumbest, most clueless teenagers in Montana?  My head hurts already.

I really, truly, honestly am TOTALLY cool with giving shows a TREMENDOUS amount of leeway with how stupid teens are, because teens are really stupid...but...yeah...these teens are just way TOO stupid. They go way beyond any suspension of disbelief. I would sooner accept that a flying monkey showed up on the show than I would accept that these teens could be THIS stupid. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I would sooner accept that a flying monkey showed up on the show than I would accept that these teens could be THIS stupid. 

Now THAT would greatly improve this show. I loved last season but this one, geezy pete. It's just so full of stupid that I could barely get through last night's episode. I'm just at a loss to even describe it ...

• Love 4

13 hours ago, mertensia said:

Who is the actress playing the drug kingpin who kidnapped Tonia?

These kids are too stupid to live. 

Yeah, instead of course correcting the idiocy of the teens this episode, they doubled the fuck down.

And her name is Janina Gavankar. She's generally pretty awesome, although I thought she could have done with a little more quiet menace here and a little less cartoony "Instagram influencer meets serial killer" energy.

Edited by auntiemel
  • Love 3

These teens really are stupid, but they are also a little likable. But at least last season one of the sisters was smart and just got sucked into her dumb sisters mistake. Here all the teens are equally dumb. Sure, just sell someone else's heroin. What could possibly go wrong there? 

The main dumb teen has a seemingly crappy mother. 

New lady in town/head of the drug ring is annoying.

Good for Jerri for passing her PI test. 

I'm confused about Ronald and the evil twin. Didn't last season end with him and Scarlett going on the run? How did they get abducted. Am I forgetting something?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, auntiemel said:

Yeah, instead of course correcting the idiocy of the teens this episode, they doubled the fuck down.

And her name is Janina Gavankar. She's generally pretty awesome, although I thought she could have done with a little more quiet menace here and a little less cartoony "Instagram influencer meets serial killer" energy.

All I know is this woman is stunning and it will be easy peasy to remember her character. I loved her hair. It may be a wig but gorgeous just the same. I looked her up and it looks as though her natural hair is long.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

So Jerri has a thing for the guy who has a thing for Cassie? Unless I missed something, that seemed to come out of nowhere. 

I recognize the guy Jenny hooked up with but can’t place him, hmm.

Ronald can die anytime now.

Maybe Jerri has a thing for him, or maybe it just felt nice that he was showing interest, and then it hurt to realize that his interest was just a way to get insight on Cassie.

If I were Jerri, I would have been tempted to do a, "Cassie, Cassie, CASSIE!" rant, a la Jan in the Brady Bunch. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So, of course not only is John Carroll Lynch playing Rick's twin brother, but the character's name is Wolfgang because, of course, it's Wolfgang!  And he's also crazy as hell, but somehow crazy in a way that is both different and the same as good old Rick.  While Rick seemed to lean more on the right side of things, Wolfgang is apparently suppose to be some kind of hippie (complete with an actual ponytail!), but he still seems to have a dated view about women, masculinity, and is all about the "law of nature."  Which, right now means that he's trying to "tame" Ronald and make him a follower of his "pack", because he's the alpha like that.  Per usual, this is all silly, but damn if I'm not going to love watching Lynch camping it up again.

Janina Gavankar now crashes the party as that mysterious Ren from the drug smuggler's caller ID, and certainly knows how to leave an impression.  I love how she seems to be a mixture of a drug kingpin and a vain socialite (cue obvious "Which one is worse?!" line right here.)  Gavankar is always someone I love, but she usually ends up playing serious cop-like characters, so I'm enjoying watching play against type and get to vamp it up here.

Christ, these teenagers are idiots.  And with the exception of Harper (I think: the one that Max/the main teen has a crush on), none of them seem to have any kind of poker face.  It's going to be impressive to see how this show manages to find ways to avoid them getting capture or worse, because realistically, they would be figured out within ten minutes.  Hell, freaking T-Lock (ugh) already knows about the drugs!

So, Lindor not only has his "will they, won't they" thing with Cassie, but Jerrie seems to be crushing on him as well?  That man seems to have a way with women!  To be fair, it's not like there is a lot to choose from here.  I'm pretty sure the only other guys here who aren't scummy in any way are Tubbs and Cassie's dad.

I wish I could care about Jenny's new fling and where that is all heading, but I don't.

• Love 5

These kids got to get even a little bit smarter or I'm going to start rooting for the Chick with the Good Hair  and Mack the Knife. At least the kid who's saddled with the crappy mom and T-Bag (I'm trying to decide between this nickname or The Guy With the Little Dick aka TGWTLD) may have a glimmer of smarts. I mean who steals a bag of money and a bag of drugs from an accident scene, watches the driver get shot, and think the best course of action is to them sell the drugs to some random cause "I know a guy". Sweetie you're 12 you don't know shit. Sit down. 

I feel bad for Jerrie but I get it. Lindor is a nice guy, respects her, has her back and is cute. 

Edited by callie lee 29
  • LOL 9
On 10/8/2021 at 8:58 AM, saber5055 said:

Now THAT would greatly improve this show. I loved last season but this one, geezy pete. It's just so full of stupid that I could barely get through last night's episode. I'm just at a loss to even describe it ...

Yes.  This season is not doing it for me.  Jenny’s new boyfriend not withstanding 

• Love 3

I don't really care about the Ronald Wolf Pack or Dollar Store Stranger Things B-plots, but I have to admit watching the two girls fall in love is very wholesome.

I briefly thought initially that Lindor and Jeri would turn romantic because of how much time they were spending together, but then they introduced his (somewhat forced imo) thing for Cassie and I figured as a trans woman in primetime, Jeri would be relegated to the asexual sidekick role. As such, it was interesting to see the writers go meta and have Lindor get closer to Jeri for the sake of mining her for Cassie info, unintentionally leading Jeri on. As a disabled woman, I've been there many times. I just hope it doesn't turn into a "Lindor friendzones Jeri for being trans" situation.

Do we really need to see Ronald in a heavily pup play/BDSM coded dom/sub scenario with the wilderness dude? Who asked for that? Clearly, the writer with the weird kinks stayed on for S2.

• Love 4

I am so not interested in Ronald and Rick's also evil but in a different way twin. I was pretty into Ronald finding a Bonnie to his Clyde last season, but they really should have let the two of them drive off into the sunset at the end of last season of get caught. The show is falling down that hole where they keep characters around WAY past their narrative expiration date because they like the actor (or give them a twin!) and don't want them gone, but a lot of times it just adds a lot of really boring subplots. 

I know that teens aren't really known for their amazing decision making, but holy shit these are the dumbest teens in all of Montana. At least Max has the excuse of a messed up home life and her teen hormones making her do anything she crush suggests. Her crush definitely wins the award for stupidest of all the teens. Yes, lets ignore the creepy guy who knows that they did something, and lets not just keep the money but sell the drugs with the help of some sketchy guy from work. While still not telling the cops or the PI that Max is on good terms with, or even their friends on the offhand that they grow a brain and tell someone about this mess. I am sure that selling this giant bag of stolen drugs that you now someone is willing to kill for will end super well. 

The drug queenpin/socialite and Mack the Knife seem like they are going to be a lot more fun than the evil rancher family, but will be just as ridiculously over the top. 

• Love 6

Call me crazy, but I'm still enjoying the show. 

The teens...yikes. Main teen girl has possibilities, but her crush is leading her down a bad path. Sure, why not sell stolen drugs? That will end well. I did find the scene with the teen boy at the police station to be pretty creepy - he was at least trying to do the right thing before he got spooked by the whistling accomplice. Are there any cops / troopers in Montana that aren't corrupt?

On 10/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, saber5055 said:

Hoping Jerri gets more screen time. She's my fav of all the characters.

Same. She has such a quietly dignified and smart presence. I'm glad she got her PI license (a bit quickly, but hey) and can stick around the agency. I was bit confused by her and Lindor. They have some serious chemistry, but she also didn't seem that wounded by his fishing around for info on Cassie, so maybe it wasn't supposed to be romantic vibe between them? I really like Lindor also, and hope that they don't kill him or make him a bad guy down the road.

I am not interested in Ronald. I didn't totally mind his scenes last year, but his whole plot is so detached from the rest of the show now. Was Scarlett playing low-key there with whoever that other lady was? She seemed way too settled in, but I couldn't tell if she was secretly signaling to Ronald to do something. But also, who cares, lol.

I'm kind of over Jenny and the new guy. Every sentence between them is flirting and innuendo, and it would be nice to just see a normal conversation. 

I did laugh a few times at the kingpin lady and her sidekick, but I also can't wait for them to bite it. 

On 10/9/2021 at 3:23 PM, callie lee 29 said:

At least the kid who's saddled with the crappy mom and T-Bag (I'm trying to decide between this nickname or The Guy With the Little Dick aka TGWTLD) may have a glimmer of smarts.

If that's a reference to Prison Break, I love it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

If that's a reference to Prison Break, I love it.

I caught that too. PB was my fav show of ALL TIME. I lived in that TWoP thread.

I also am not interested in the Ronald story line, which makes no sense to me but then again, this is Big Sky. I do sort of fancy Lindor if he wants to come hang out at my house. Jerri too.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, saber5055 said:

Hoping Jerri gets more screen time. She's my fav of all the characters.

Denied, Jerri got the lead on another TV show, so she won't be around much.

Yes, the kids are stupid, every night they go and hang out around the spot where the crash happened.

Yes, drugs are missing so now is a good time to show up selling tons of drugs. Luckily T-Bag intercepted the drugs and if he keeps them for himself, he will be fine, but if he tries to sell them, I see a Stabby McStabberton in his future.

What is wrong with the woodland creeper, pulling a knife on those kids in the middle of town. Too bad the kids are too stupid to take his picture, a picture of his van, get his license plate number or warn their other friends that he is hunting them down.

Janina with the Good Hair put knife hole in that saddle, she owes way more that the money Stabby McStabberton left on the counter.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, AnimeMania said:

Janina with the Good Hair put knife hole in that saddle, she owes way more that the money Stabby McStabberton left on the counter.

I think he was just paying  for the knife.  

On 10/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, AnimeMania said:

Luckily T-Bag intercepted the drugs and if he keeps them for himself, he will be fine, but if he tries to sell them, I see a Stabby McStabberton in his future.

Please could that happen soon?  It’s only fictional tv, so I’m not advocating for any actual crime here 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2