Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: We're in This Together

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Max and Sharpe go public with their relationship at the hospital. The team struggles to keep a handle on an overcrowded and understaffed ICU and everyone must pitch in. Iggy's overly critical feedback alienates his residents.

Original airdate 9/28/21

I’m so annoyed with this show for putting Sharpwin together and pushing the joy theme, only to have Helen seemingly regretting getting together with him five minutes after they were in the same bed or frolicking around the city. Which is it, show? 

I feel like the Leyren relationship is on shaky ground now. I can’t see how Lauren telling Leyla to buy the residents new iPads and equipment is going to make anything better with the way the other three are ganging up on her and know she’s in a better spot than them. Talk about throwaway characters, BTW. I barely know the names of the other three residents.

Awww Karen was so sweet about Max and Helen’s relationship. I heart Karen. For all the conflicts she has with Max, she seemed sad when he announced he and Helen were leaving. I can’t wait to see this new lady who comes in. 

Oh, Iggy. At least you’re trying to be a good teacher. Loved that the red-haired lady who was talking to him (I don’t remember her name?) was sitting under a poster that said How Can I Help? when Iggy was mucking things up.

Floyd and Lyn continue to bore me. They sound like they’re reading their lines right off cue cards so they can go home already and be done with this. This relationship makes the Peter/Cleo romance from ER (for those of you who remember it) look passionate and sexy. And for those of you who never saw that relationship, it was also as dull as a box of rocks. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 8

WTH are the writers trying to do to this Sharpwin fan?  It just seems like they are being cruel now.  For me, this was another bittersweet/melancholy Sharpwin episode.  I understand there may be challenges and obstacles but this is ridiculous!  While I appreciated, loved and enjoyed seeing the brief fun & happy moments (although I saw most of that online already), I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed with Helen.  Her statement about "I can't trust you to be my partner" ended dup being as devastating--maybe worse--than I imagined (and this, after many other viewers stated that it was probably taken out of context.  So much for out of context!)   Furthermore, the trailer for E3 and Helen's talk with Brantley doesn't make me feel any better.  Sadly this season continues to have me on a Sharpwin seesaw, and for me, that's definitely not a good thing.  I don't want to have to endure week after week of angst with a few tidbits of "joy" thrown in; I truly don't think it's fair to the viewers/fans.  Oh yeah, btw, Max seems as if he didn't get his "dim sum" either! 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Floyd and Lyn continue to bore me. They sound like they’re reading their lines right off cue cards so they can go home already and be done with this. This relationship makes the Peter/Cleo romance from ER (for those of you who remember it) look passionate and sexy. And for those of you who never saw that relationship, it was also as full as a box of rocks. 

There's a blast from the past. And yeah, there was a reason they called her the Cleo-bot :p

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I’m so annoyed with this show for putting Sharpwin together and pushing the joy theme, only to have Helen seemingly regretting getting together with him five minutes after they were in the same bed or frolicking around the city. Which is it, show? 

I feel like the Leyren relationship is on shaky ground now. I can’t see how Lauren telling Leyla to buy the residents new iPads and equipment is going to make anything better with the way the other three are ganging up on her and know she’s in a better spot than them. Talk about throwaway characters, BTW. I barely know the names of the other three residents.

Awww Karen was so sweet about Max and Helen’s relationship. I heart Karen. For all the conflicts she has with Max, she seemed sad when he announced he and Helen were leaving. I can’t wait to see this new lady who comes in. 

Oh, Iggy. At least you’re trying to be a good teacher. Loved that the red-haired lady who was talking to him (I don’t remember her name?) was sitting under a poster that said How Can I Help? when Iggy was mucking things up.

Floyd and Lyn continue to bore me. They sound like they’re reading their lines right off cue cards so they can go home already and be done with this. This relationship makes the Peter/Cleo romance from ER (for those of you who remember it) look passionate and sexy. And for those of you who never saw that relationship, it was also as full as a box of rocks. 

Agree with much of what you stated.  I truly don't know where the writers are taking this Sharpwin relationship.  It seems so out of character for Helen to have doubts about Max especially now since he's actually verbalized his love/feelings.  It makes no sense why such a radical change by her.

Brantley did seem sad but I have to wonder about that E3 clip they showed for next week.  I remember Max talking to Brantley saying he wanted to move on (when he'd lost his ring) and she seemed to encourage that.  But Brantley's remarks/conversation seemed to run counter to that or at least with Helen it seemed like she doesn't approve (of them??)

Already expressed my feeling of Reynolds.  I guess Iggy is trying but he just seems incompetent to me.   Not really looking forward to this new woman (for the Board); she just looks like a hard ass--and I don't mean in a good way.  But we'll see.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, cathmed said:

Agree with much of what you stated.  I truly don't know where the writers are taking this Sharpwin relationship.  It seems so out of character for Helen to have doubts about Max especially now since he's actually verbalized his love/feelings.  It makes no sense why such a radical change by her.

Brantley did seem sad but I have to wonder about that E3 clip they showed for next week.  I remember Max talking to Brantley saying he wanted to move on (when he'd lost his ring) and she seemed to encourage that.  But Brantley's remarks/conversation seemed to run counter to that or at least with Helen it seemed like she doesn't approve (of them??)

Already expressed my feeling of Reynolds.  I guess Iggy is trying but he just seems incompetent to me.   Not really looking forward to this new woman (for the Board); she just looks like a hard ass--and I don't mean in a good way.  But we'll see.

Yeah the promos keep pushing “more joy,” but where? I just rewatched the Episode 3 promo (like could they make the music any louder and drown out the dialogue?) and it seems they’re going to keep going with Helen thinking she’s making a mistake and shouldn’t be with Max. I mean, Floyd and Lyn have gotten more positive press in the promos so far (although thank God they’re not in the 4x3 promo) and almost nobody cares about them. 

I could understand typical relationship adjustments like Helen getting together with a widower who has a child, Georgia’s parents maybe doing a guest spot or two to express their opinions and make sure they still get some custody and meeting Helen. Even the hospital gossip was cute, like with Casey watching them behind an ambulance and telling Iggy all about what he saw. That would be realistic while still creating some tension. This whole London plot with Helen believing she’s making all these mistakes by being with the man who has loved her for two years is what I’m having a hard time buying. 

It seems like Iggy and Martin are the only happy couple left on this show who are reasonably written. Like they’ve had their differences but at the end of the day they love each other and Martin supports him without them constantly worrying that their marriage and family are screw-ups. Even Leyren, I’m not sure what they’re doing anymore. Lauren really blew it by outing the relationship so publicly. They seem happy now but as long as Leyla is still being bullied by the other three residents, I’m not sure how much longer it can last. 

• Love 5

Anybody wonder where in the hell those guys were rapelling in the middle of New York City?  I'm sure there are closer hospitals to wherever it was they had their accident!  

See also the episode of Gray's Anatomy where the climbers are brought by ambulance from Mount Rainier...which is 2+ hours away.  And they are still hypothermic even after that long ride. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Iggy and his newly found vocation  - boring

Lauren and Leyla - I am not sure if the "solution" was a good one but the fact that residents do fight for a job at the end of their training makes this relationship unethical, and I am 100% with the other residents. And Layla playing victim is ridiculous. She had a very hard time before Lauren but making choices is hard. She wants the residency, she wants the relationship, she needs to deal with the perception of others and Lauren has proven to be partial - but obviously, if we ever get to the end of the residency, she will not choose Leyla because the writers will also go there, make New Amsterdam the first choice of every single one of them.

Remind me: does the husband of Floyd's friend (can't remember her name) knows about her relationship with Floyd? I am not sold on the poly story. To me, it is plain adultery. I apologize if I am talking shit because I don't know much about it but I find hard to believe that it is possible to have a relationship that is honest if one person is poly, and the other rejects it. And why can't the husband know about Floyd? 

The show "ended" Covid before the Delta variant reset the whole thing and it feels weird seeing everyone so freely celebrating with parties and hugs. They could have done more on the healthcare worker burn out. So many of them just gave up their jobs, so many are having serious mental health issues because of what it is being called "compassion syndrome" (I think that's the term). But I guess Covid ended in that universe, so they have to be in a more optimistic mode.

Don't you love how a top hospital has all the best doctors in one room with one patient at the same time? Only on TV.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Yeah the promos keep pushing “more joy,” but where? I just rewatched the Episode 3 promo (like could they make the music any louder and drown out the dialogue?) and it seems they’re going to keep going with Helen thinking she’s making a mistake and shouldn’t be with Max. I mean, Floyd and Lyn have gotten more positive press in the promos so far (although thank God they’re not in the 4x3 promo) and almost nobody cares about them. 

I could understand typical relationship adjustments like Helen getting together with a widower who has a child, Georgia’s parents maybe doing a guest spot or two to express their opinions and make sure they still get some custody and meeting Helen. Even the hospital gossip was cute, like with Casey watching them behind an ambulance and telling Iggy all about what he saw. That would be realistic while still creating some tension. This whole London plot with Helen believing she’s making all these mistakes by being with the man who has loved her for two years is what I’m having a hard time buying. 

It seems like Iggy and Martin are the only happy couple left on this show who are reasonably written. Like they’ve had their differences but at the end of the day they love each other and Martin supports him without them constantly worrying that their marriage and family are screw-ups. Even Leyren, I’m not sure what they’re doing anymore. Lauren really blew it by outing the relationship so publicly. They seem happy now but as long as Leyla is still being bullied by the other three residents, I’m not sure how much longer it can last. 

I know, right?   Where is all this reluctance, from Helen, coming from? That's what  is most upsetting, concerning, frustrating and disappointing to me.   I think the biggest disconnect is just with this "More Joy", all we've been given is more angst--which seems to continue--so the perception of more joy was just an illusion.  Fan expectation and the reality is not in sync.  Yeah, they're finally together but at what cost?  The E3 promo has Helen looking annoyed when Max had to tend to Luna.   What happened to all the lovey-dovey "munchkin" banter she did with Luna.   The Brantley/Helen convo in E3 may be out of context but from what I've seen these last 2 episodes, I'm not so sure of anything anymore.  Especially after Helen said that she really didn't "trust Max as a partner"  WTH???   I'm just so frustrated with these two, my head is spinning.  The first 3 seasons were excellent, but I don't know if the writers have had a change of heart or what is going on but something just seems off.

^^THIS^^ - your 2nd paragraph is perfect!

Agree with your last paragraph but I think most watch for Sharpwin--not so much the secondary characters.  If the writers don't turn this around with Sharpwin, quickly, they're going to see falling ratings and viewership declining.   Lastly, I don't want to even waste words on Floyd and Lyn - I'm disgusted with that storyline.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I forgot to watch. After reading all your comments...do I really want to? 🤔

The near crickets in this post say everything. The show is guaranteed an S5 but S3 was off the rails and S4 seems to be fairly incoherent and completely uncharacteristic of Sharpwin. I hate to see what S5 will be. I don’t even know why they’re doing this London plot when neither Ryan or Freema have plans to leave the show. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Remind me: does the husband of Floyd's friend (can't remember her name) knows about her relationship with Floyd? I am not sold on the poly story. To me, it is plain adultery. I apologize if I am talking shit because I don't know much about it but I find hard to believe that it is possible to have a relationship that is honest if one person is poly, and the other rejects it. And why can't the husband know about Floyd? 

I agree with you - pure ADULTERY, plain and simple.  I had posted on a social media thread that I believe Malvo's husband is aware of this relationship.  He's not stupid and if Lynn and her husband truly  have this "open relationship", then yeah, I think he knows it's Floyd just by the questions he was asking Floyd in the OR in E1.  I've lost so much respect for the Floyd character.  I was Team Evie all the way,  Just sorry with the actual pandemic, they scrapped the S2 finale which showed them getting married.

I've never been invested in this relationship.  Why does Floyd feel he has to settle for this?.  They've turned him into a feckless man, in a pernicious relationship that is going to crash and burn.  He's now a Class A idiot!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

S4 seems to be fairly incoherent and completely uncharacteristic of Sharpwin. I hate to see what S5 will be. I don’t even know why they’re doing this London plot when neither Ryan or Freema have plans to leave the show. 

Exactly!   What was the showrunner and writers thinking about this summer???  Did they really think this was a great idea? (rhetorical)  

• Love 1

Okay, I just saw a trailer before a youtube video and Max is saying something about wanting to get his replacement (I assume the deaf doc from last week) lined up before telling Brantley he's leaving. In what world does the medical director of a hospital unilaterally choose his own replacement without the board having any input? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

In what world does the medical director of a hospital unilaterally choose his own replacement without the board having any input? 

In TV world where writers without imagination and competence live.

If it is the deaf doctor, then why the whole back and forth with her being so certain she could not accept the job, saying no no no to everything, just to say yes in the end? Not a criticism on your post but on the writers who come up with useless drama just to fill the time

• Love 2
3 hours ago, circumvent said:

If it is the deaf doctor, then why the whole back and forth with her being so certain she could not accept the job, saying no no no to everything, just to say yes in the end? Not a criticism on your post but on the writers who come up with useless drama just to fill the time

Originally he was interviewing her to replace Sharpe, which she said no to. At the end of last week's ep he made a comment about knowing the perfect replacement for himself, implying it was her. (Which still leaves the question of who's replacing Sharpe...though granted I still haven't watched this week's ep so maybe they answered that already.)

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, cathmed said:

I happened to see this TV Fanatic commentary on line this evening, and I believe it sums up exactly what some of us are feeling regarding this specific episode (stated here by some of us as well).

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2021/09/new-amsterdam-season-4-episode-2-review-were-in-this-together/

"Ironically, despite Iggy's intentions, it was far from what he should've been doing as a professional and teacher."

Since when has Iggy ever been professional?

• LOL 4

I'm sorry, the ICU is so understaffed it had no doctors until Max and the Super Friends stepped up?  How is that even possible?  Isn't New Amsterdam supposed to be a pretty large hospital?   

I did kind of laugh at all the other residents glaring at Leyla and whining how they all had to share one IPad, take the bus and live a gazillion miles from the hospital while she got a car service.  The whole idea that her girlfriend is also her supervisor is ridiculous, but spare me the whiney residents complaining about privilege.  That might make them feel better, but it won't save one patient.  Bloom was right.  Take what advantages you can get if they make you a better doctor. 

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Are those iPads special? Why can the residents get their own? Are we really supposed to believe none of those residents have an iPad? They made it through college and med school without a tablet?

And wouldn’t the hospital provide the iPads anyway? I also didn’t get the one resident’s complaining about how she can barely hear with her stethoscope. Maybe she can’t afford the 3M but there’s no mid-range model she can get that might work better than whatever she’s using? Not that I know anything about this stuff; this isn’t my field, so I could be off base. But it seemed like the other three nameless residents are going after Leyla on the iPad thing just to be bullies. 

The recap linked above was brilliant. I don’t agree that Floyd and Lyn have “electric” chemistry though. 🤣 That relationship is DOA. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

The recap linked above was brilliant. I don’t agree that Floyd and Lyn have “electric” chemistry though. 🤣 That relationship is DOA. 

After this episode especially I'm sure Lyn's husband is in an open relationship without knowing it's an open relationship, if you know what I mean.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

And wouldn’t the hospital provide the iPads anyway? I also didn’t get the one resident’s complaining about how she can barely hear with her stethoscope. Maybe she can’t afford the 3M but there’s no mid-range model she can get that might work better than whatever she’s using? Not that I know anything about this stuff; this isn’t my field, so I could be off base. But it seemed like the other three nameless residents are going after Leyla on the iPad thing just to be bullies. 

Also, do residents really have to buy their own stethoscopes? The largest hospital in NYC does not provide stethoscopes? 

I can sort of get the iPads, if that is just a way to study outside of work. But does it really have to be an iPad? It isn't an app they can also put on their phone or actual computers? I mean, I'd be pissed if one of my colleagues was dating our boss. But I don't think Leyla not dating her wouldn't get them iPads or a better apartment. 

• Love 2

Okay, it's time for WORST DOCTOR OF THE WEEK!

oh god it's starting out with a lovey-dovey max-shapre montage please end the episode now i hate it already

max, making out in front of the coffee cart to delay other customers is what an ass does. stop being an ass outside of your duties as medical director

uh oh, they're walking through the park, are they gonna find a medical issue? nope, just mystery ear whispering/failed ear biting

ok so I just noticed that they are acting like sims with how expressive they are being with their fondness for each other, now we just need them to jump under some covers and hearts to appear in the air to make them fully sims

all of that before the title? oh god this is gonna be a long one

max, I bet it is in your contract that you have to give quite a bit of notice since you are a high level position, I would not be shocked if it were more than 6 weeks.

um sharpe, do you expect him to just gather all of the staff and say he is dating you? I mean that wouldn't be out of the ordinary with Max, but should you really be indulging his... crazier habits?

um, reynolds, your behavior towards her in public spaces should be reported to HR

yay, deaf doctor is back!

um if they only had two doctors for the ICU I imagine that would be against NY state law (https://www.healthcaredive.com/news/new-york-passes-safe-staffing-law-for-hospitals-nursing-homes/602171/ - looks like NY just passed a law in June mandating hospitals to form staffing committees to set staffing standards for every unit in a hospital, and they can be penalized if the hospital does not follow the standards)

um no, you should not be having *any* transfers to an ICU with no doctors

"some of them won't even survive transport" - then send out the ones who will

hey look, max is taking over the ICU and doing doctor stuff

oh god those poor residents, Iggy is micromanaging the crap out of them

maybe he should teach by demonstrating it to them

um sharpe should you really be carrying a bag of platelets with a tube hooked up to them randomly through the ICU

Sharpe assisting in the ICU makes sense, especially if they have an "acute leukemic" (I'm guessing someone with ALL or AML)

wtf reynolds why did you just grab Bloom's bottle of water and start drinking it

bloom, if you see everyone in the ICU is busy, you can handle it until a nurse comes over to you, 

oh good, she's volunteering to help in the ICU... wait is Walsh the senior resident? I'm pretty sure even a senior resident needs a supervising doctor

it looks like the regulations at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is " A member of the Medical Staff or qualified attending physician faculty must supervise all residents in activities involving patient care. Each patient must have an identifiable faculty member who is ultimately responsible for his or her care." and that indirect supervision can be given sometimes, defined as " [there must be] direct supervision immediately available – the supervising physician is physically within the hospital or other site of patient care, and is immediately available to provide Direct Supervision."

so yeah that'll make the hospital's insurance go through the roof

so the other residents say they live in Morris Heights and have to wake up at 4 AM to get there on time - let's say they start at 7 AM. It's 50 minutes via two subway trains. why don't the three of them buy some old ipads on craigslist? or just ask Max, who is willing to give all kinds of stuff away, for iPads? or a shuttle service to bring residents in the bronx to New Amsterdam?

how did they get through medical school without those materials???

of course the residents walked out, Iggy - you are micromanaging

hey look Reynolds apologizing by saying "I'm sorry" leads to that classic sitcom foible of "why are you sorry?"

reynolds you are clearly not okay with being in an open relationship, just end it already

yay, the nurse talked some sense into Iggy

sharpe if you are worried about that patients spleen popping why did you press on his left side near the spleen to help him get back into bed

why was the guy who needed his collar bone set back into place brought into the ICU????

um max shouldn't you have the surgeon - the doctor with the steadiest hands - put the balloon or w/e in the patient

oh hey, Bloom is gonna handle the residents needing iPads and better stethescopes? hopefully she doesn't charge Dr. Girlfriend market rate for rent on her palace

max you do not tender your resignation on a rooftop

board lady is sad, so she called someone she wants to offer max's job to

Okay, so who is the worst doctor of the week? honestly, I did not care about a single one of the patients, and we did not really see much of the patients - so we're going off of behavior, which leaves it between Iggy and Reynolds. 

I think it has to go to Dr. Reynolds! They just got through a pandemic and what does he do? Drink from someone else's bottle of water! He's not thinking about anyone other than himself!

Edited by bros402
  • Love 1

I don't care about Max and Sharpe, but creating all this stupid drama just to have tension is stupid.

I don't like Iggy and I don't care for Bloom's girlfriend, but fuck all the residents.  Fuck the bullies down in the ER and fuck the babies up in psych.  

I actually like Floyd, but I don't give a shit about his relationship drama and whether his boss knows he's banging his wife, and I'm probably just going to be annoyed when it blows up in his face.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Originally he was interviewing her to replace Sharpe, which she said no to. At the end of last week's ep he made a comment about knowing the perfect replacement for himself, implying it was her. (Which still leaves the question of who's replacing Sharpe...though granted I still haven't watched this week's ep so maybe they answered that already.)

He did offer his position to her and she came back to say no again.

7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Are those iPads special? Why can the residents get their own? Are we really supposed to believe none of those residents have an iPad? They made it through college and med school without a tablet?

The iPads are for work only so that would be provided by the hospital. And they also stay in the hospital with the patient's notes and access to private medical information. No way they could take the iPads home and use them for their own entertainment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I’d say Worst Doctor of the Week should go to Iggy. His treatment of his residents was reprehensible and obviously reflected his own issues - Physician, heal thyself! (Also, if he’s supposed to be such a great psychiatrist and so attuned to people’s feelings, how was he so freaking clueless about Sharpwin? Yeah, I know, he really ISN’T so great, but the show seems to want us to think he is.)

Who’s the woman who set him straight? I don’t remember seeing her before.

WTF, Helen?! She’s giving us whiplash.

What was up with the look on Brantley’s face when Max said they were leaving? Her expression looked more like a teenager whose crush had just announced he “like-liked” someone else than a boss who needed to handle a major upheaval.

More Casey, please!!!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:
17 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

After this episode especially I'm sure Lyn's husband is in an open relationship without knowing it's an open relationship, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I though the recap was spot on (mainly speaking about Helen) but Floyd was on point as well.   I've never seen this "chemistry/electricity" (she exudes) or why the writers continue to push this relationship.  She doesn't seems appealing, sexy or sensuous to me.  For some reason, she just seems old or acts too old.  Floyd is supposed to be 38, maybe 39 and she doesn't seems like his type AT ALL.  Again, I wish they would end this arc; it's disgusting and I've lost all respect for Floyd.

BTW, I think the husband knows it's Floyd sleeping with his wife.  Now whether that is discovered and they come to blows, only time will tell.  I didn't think Floyd was stupid but he's clearing thinking with the little head instead of the big one, LOL!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, circumvent said:

The iPads are for work only so that would be provided by the hospital. And they also stay in the hospital with the patient's notes and access to private medical information. No way they could take the iPads home and use them for their own entertainment. 

The iPads were what the residents were using to review medical texts at night to "study"

11 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I’d say Worst Doctor of the Week should go to Iggy. His treatment of his residents was reprehensible and obviously reflected his own issues - Physician, heal thyself! (Also, if he’s supposed to be such a great psychiatrist and so attuned to people’s feelings, how was he so freaking clueless about Sharpwin? Yeah, I know, he really ISN’T so great, but the show seems to want us to think he is.)

Who’s the woman who set him straight? I don’t remember seeing her before.

WTF, Helen?! She’s giving us whiplash.

What was up with the look on Brantley’s face when Max said they were leaving? Her expression looked more like a teenager whose crush had just announced he “like-liked” someone else than a boss who needed to handle a major upheaval.

More Casey, please!!!

I kept waffling between Reynolds and Iggy for worst doctor - Iggy was who I had originally, then I edited it a minute later to change it to Reynolds. Perhaps it should be a joint worst doctor!

The woman who set him straight - are you talking about the ICU nurse we were just introduced to?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bros402 said:

The iPads were what the residents were using to review medical texts at night to "study"

So I missed that, and which makes the little conflict even more pathetic. If this situation is realistic - residents having to share iPads to make sure they know what they need to know - we are in a worse medical care crisis than real life proves us to be. We are screwed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I must have missed the high rock faces suitable for climbing in the lower east side of Manhattan. Assuming the guy did his climbing somewhere more exciting, how many hospitals and ER’s did he have to pass to get to NA?

I didn’t get the ICU story. Isn’t that just a ward where seriously ill patients recover for a bit after getting treatment somewhere else in the hospital?  Why wouldn’t doctors from various depts just walk to the ICU to treat patients as needed?  Are there really separate “ICU doctors”?  And that extra complicated procedure that needed an entire team of highly trained medical personnel took less time than it takes to get an ekg. And don’t get me started on why Max was performing the procedure and not Floyd.

I am already bored by all three of the Love Connections this season. All six of these people need to cool it already. Who acts like this at work?  They’re not horny teenagers at the junior prom.

Iggy’s brand of psych treatment hasn’t exactly been winning awards recently, so who thought it was a good idea for him to be passing on his questionable methods to the next generation of doctors?  And where did all of these doctors come from anyway?

I will assume that Lola was with Agnes while Max was doing his young lovers routine with Helen.  Please let’s not give Ryan Eggold any kids in future projects.

Karen seemed to have Max’s replacement first on her contacts list.  It’s like she can’t wait to replace him.

I miss Vijay. He was the heart and soul of the show and I’m surprised they haven’t tried to replace him with a similarly “veteran” character.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, bros402 said:

The iPads were what the residents were using to review medical texts at night to "study".

The woman who set him straight - are you talking about the ICU nurse we were just introduced to?

No, the woman who was sitting in watching and told Iggy all the residents walked out. After checking IMDB, her name is Gladys and she’s been in a lot of episodes, but I had no recollection of her or what her role in the hospital is supposed to be.

With the iPads - I was wondering if the problem was not just having an iPad itself, but also affording whatever medical software they needed.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, ams1001 said:

In what world does the medical director of a hospital unilaterally choose his own replacement without the board having any input? 

In the same world where the medical director of a hospital decides in a day to get nearby neighborhoods broadband access, opens blood pressure centers in barbershops, and uses bike delivery people to deliver controlled substances.  

Basically it's Max's world and we're all just living in it.

30 minutes ago, deaja said:

In the same world where the medical director of a hospital decides in a day to get nearby neighborhoods broadband access, opens blood pressure centers in barbershops, and uses bike delivery people to deliver controlled substances.  

Basically it's Max's world and we're all just living in it.

Also where a resident (or whatever she is) hires a department head with no other input, I guess.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

I must have missed the high rock faces suitable for climbing in the lower east side of Manhattan. Assuming the guy did his climbing somewhere more exciting, how many hospitals and ER’s did he have to pass to get to NA?

I didn’t get the ICU story. Isn’t that just a ward where seriously ill patients recover for a bit after getting treatment somewhere else in the hospital?  Why wouldn’t doctors from various depts just walk to the ICU to treat patients as needed?  Are there really separate “ICU doctors”?  And that extra complicated procedure that needed an entire team of highly trained medical personnel took less time than it takes to get an ekg. And don’t get me started on why Max was performing the procedure and not Floyd.

I am already bored by all three of the Love Connections this season. All six of these people need to cool it already. Who acts like this at work?  They’re not horny teenagers at the junior prom.

Iggy’s brand of psych treatment hasn’t exactly been winning awards recently, so who thought it was a good idea for him to be passing on his questionable methods to the next generation of doctors?  And where did all of these doctors come from anyway?

I will assume that Lola was with Agnes while Max was doing his young lovers routine with Helen.  Please let’s not give Ryan Eggold any kids in future projects.

Karen seemed to have Max’s replacement first on her contacts list.  It’s like she can’t wait to replace him.

I miss Vijay. He was the heart and soul of the show and I’m surprised they haven’t tried to replace him with a similarly “veteran” character.

I miss Vijay too.

I think NYC has some of the only Level I Trauma Centers in NY - so maybe that is why he got brought there - I assume he was life flighted there.

ICU is for critically ill patients who need 24/7 care and supervision - they tend to have a higher staff-to-patient amount and they have fancy equipment that isn't elsewhere in the hospital. They handle cases like septicemia and other life threatening issues - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intensive_care_unit

There are doctors who specialize in intensive care - https://freida.ama-assn.org/specialty/critical-care-medicine-im

10 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

No, the woman who was sitting in watching and told Iggy all the residents walked out. After checking IMDB, her name is Gladys and she’s been in a lot of episodes, but I had no recollection of her or what her role in the hospital is supposed to be.

With the iPads - I was wondering if the problem was not just having an iPad itself, but also affording whatever medical software they needed.

Oh yeah Gladys has been in a bunch of episodes!

From what I gathered from what they said, it was just that they needed to read medical texts - since charting would be done at the hospital, since you can't just bring that stuff home with you, those are patient records.

So he's going to move to London (work visa anyone?) with no job, no place to live, no connections, with his toddler daughter? Because his girlfriend wants to work in a free clinic?  ummm, ok.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, judyri said:

So he's going to move to London (work visa anyone?) with no job, no place to live, no connections, with his toddler daughter? Because his girlfriend wants to work in a free clinic?  ummm, ok.

Max is not known for his logic and rational thinking.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, judyri said:

Maybe he can go fix the NHS, make it really public again, return England to the good old days of free and reliable healthcare.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Maybe he can go fix the NHS, make it really public again, return England to the good old days of free and reliable healthcare.

All in one episode too!