Type keyword(s) to search

Invasion - General Discussion

xaxat
  • Start Topic

The writer's appear to have a real talent for writing characters that you either absolutely HATE, or you couldn't give a single damn about.  I wonder if that was actually their intention?

I hate to doom the entire planet because of a whole bushel of bad apples, but I'm rooting for the aliens at this point.

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

How did this get renewed? HOW???!!!

How I imagine season two’s first episode: pitch black screen for an hour with audio of Trevante swearing, Aneesha telling her kids to shush, Mitsuke crying “Hinata” over and over again. End. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘Invasion’ Renewed for Season 2 at Apple

This show had already devolved enough to have become hate watch fodder before the end of the first season, I can only imagine what kind of nonsense a second season will foist upon us.  The last episode was pretty much a total WTF viewing experience.  Was I the only one hoping that Aneesha had decided to ditch those two whiney kids when they first showed her alone in the woods?  I'm still not entirely clear regarding whatever disfunction is going on in Trevante's marriage but what I do know is that I don't want more of it.  At this point the only characters I think I'd like to see more are Jamila and Monty from the British kids segments  They each had more interesting and developed characters than most of the others featured in this mess of a show.  Still mourning the Mitsuki of the earlier episodes because her story has become nearly unwatchable now.  Same holds true for Aneesha.  Actually, it would probably be a step in the right direction to give all the featured players in this series the Sam Neill treatment and just drop their storylines if favor of pursuing new ones in the second season.  

Considering we did not see a body, please let the cowardly cheater really be dead and not reappear in season 2.

Edited by ichbin
Add last paragraph
  • Love 3

My gaaaaaawwwwwwwdddddd thaaaaattt draaaaaaaagggggggggeeeddd.

I liked Aneesha at first but her kids are sooooo whiny I kept wanting her to duck tape their mouths closed. Her son really annoys me. Trevante was the only one displaying the rage and fear this situation calls for - though he needs some more cuss words. Aneesha going on the adventure and then suddenly remembering she has a family made me hate her for an entire episode until she killed that thing. The old wife in the house panicking and acting all nuts? I wanted to push her right into the alien and I felt nothing when she died.

Jamila and the seizure kid are the most interesting to me but if he wakes up will he be alien controlled then?

Mitsuki started off so well but she became a bit of a Mary Sue in the end, knowing more than EVERYONE - which was annoying. And her complete selfishness over Hinata when she knew it was one person vs billions? I get it but god she was annoying. How did she think they were gonna get Hinata back (I still don’t believe it was actually her) with no infrastructure?

Unless the show moves away from this boring small individual character study format I won’t be back. I don’t care about their tiny problems when the world is literally ending and none of them seem to care about stopping the aliens - except the seizure kid and his friend. This whole lord of the flies, panic and fall apart and be MORE selfish is so annoying. The only ones who seemed to care about anything other than themselves were jamila and seizure kid (what’s his name)?

Did I mention I can’t stand Luke? 

Oh and no way is Ahmed dead. That would be too much like right. 

Cool space ship at the end. It feels like this was a remote control invasion with infantry sacrificed to prepare for the real aliens? I will say the infantry aliens were terrifying.

But this moves too slowly to watch on a weekly basis. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

New Installments Of ‘For All Mankind’, ‘Invasion’, ‘Mythic Quest’, ‘See’ & ‘Foundation’ Teased By Apple Creatives

Repping alien takeover series Invasion was co-creator, writer and EP Simon Kinberg, who equated the show’s upcoming season to “Act 2 of a movie where shit goes crazy.” Whereas Season 1 served as “the build” to the invasion,” he continued, “the second is the full-on action of the battle for Earth that I had always wanted for the show.”

Kinberg added that Season 2 of Invasion picks up months after the events of Season 1, at which point humanity is well aware of what’s happening in their midst, with whole countries having been wiped out. It will explore the impact of the invasion not only from a big-picture, societal perspective, but also on the level of character, as our heroes come together to confront “a new type of enemy” and at the same time try to hold onto “things like hope and love and family in the face of that.”

Also unveiled today by Kinberg were several very early conceptual images boasting the new kinds of aliens that will present in Season 2, ranging from the “aggressive” to the “mysterious and beautiful.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I truly don't understand how this can be called Sci-fi. This was like watching "This is Us" but with some creepy crawlies. I pretty much hated everyone execpt Jamila(the British girl) & Mitsuki. In NO way would Aneesha have ever made it through medical school. The woman couldn't handle a damn thing without either zoning out or open mouth breathing. She was horrible under pressure. She should have put the affair shit to the side & just worried about the family staying alive. When she went off to play doctor I was like "what in the shit??!" The father was such a spineless asshole. I KNEW that Luke(aka puke) was going to blame the mom for his death. I wish the aliens had taken that family & we never saw them again.

The Japanese plot was good up until the final couple of episodes. I really liked Mitsuki & Hinata. Was sad Hinata died. 

The British school kids plot was LAAAAME. It's like the writers thought let's inject a little Lord of the Flies into our plot but with our shitty writing. The bully kid looked like a mix of Rick Astley & John Mulaney so it was hard to take him seriously. Of COURSE the British kid with the seizures is special. Ugh. I am SO sick of sci-fi movies & shows going the route of the child savior. For once I would like to see the humans actually have to do science to figure out what is going on. Also STOP PUTTING KIDS IN SCI-FI!!! They always make it worse. They spend their time either being "super special & magical" or they whine, scream & cry the whole time. 

Didn't care about Trevante and his situation whatsoever. She should have divorced his lame ass. 

As for Sam Neil and his plot, well, I think he was there to pull viewers in. I think the writers/producers didn't have any big leads to rope people in & the story wasn't strong enough so they used Sam Neil to sell it. They of course killed him off but left it kind of ambivilant as to wether he was TRULY dead.  That way people would tune in to see if he came back at all. Which would mean watching all the episodes hoping for a payoff to his plot. 

The ending with the ship thingy or whatever was crap! I had a feeling they were gonna pull that shit because in no way would the aliens have been defeated that easily & also the title of the episode "First Day" kind of gave it away. So basically the end was the beginning of the invasion. 

Part of me(my curiousity killed the cat side) wants to see season 2 to see if it gets better. The other part of me(rational me) thinks I'm just gonna read the spoilers or these pages to see what goes down. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Invasion Season 2      Wednesday, August 23, 2023     Apple TV+    10 episodes

Season 2 picks up just months later with the aliens escalating their attacks in an all out war against the humans.

New series regulars joining season two include Enver Gjokaj, Nedra Marie Taylor and Naian González Norvind.

Invasion-5-S2.jpg
Invasion-Season-2.jpg
Invasion-2-Season-2.jpg
Invasion-3-S2.jpg
Invasion-4-S2.jpg
Invasion-6-S2.jpg
Invasion-7-S2.jpg

• Like 2

072623debutstrailerseasontwoinvasionbigi

S02.E01: Something’s Changed
Invasion-S2-x-Trailer-Thumbnail-Still-16
Mitsuki is taken to an alien ship in the Amazon jungle. Aneesha and her children take refuge with a group called the Movement.

Release Date: August 23, 2023      Apple TV+
invasion-season-2-Azhy-Robertson-Tara-Mo

invasion-season-2-shioli-kutsuna-2.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

I have never wished for a kid to fall victim on any show until this one. Wasn't it enough for Aneesha to have been saddled with her waste of a husband? Now Aneesha says something like "they took your father" to Luke. Don't tell me Ahmed is due back this season...please! 

I truly enjoy sci-fi, but somehow this and War of the Worlds (also due back for yet another season) have somehow landed at the top of my hate watch pile...yet somehow I can't stop watching.

• Like 2

Uggh, I was hoping the Trevante storyline would be dropped from S1. He’s played by a very weak, unengaging actor. At least Jamila and a few of the more interesting kids are in this episode.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2023 at 6:55 PM, ichbin said:

I have never wished for a kid to fall victim on any show until this one.

I’d be fine if there was an agreement that in the post-apocalyptic world building there are no children or teenagers.  They just don’t exist, were captured or turned (zombies) early on, or seen but not heard and not the second coming or “special” in any way…

Edited by For Cereals

I didn't think this show could get any worse. I. Was. Wrong. There are probably only 2 or 3 characters I want to survie. I just skip over the Aneesha & her kids parts because I hate them so much. It's sickening that so much money is being spent on this show(around 200 mil.). 

• Like 1

I think I’m done.  This show is too all over the place and I can’t get invested in any the characters. Also, huge budget but why is everything shot in the dark? I’m sure there are plans to bring it all together but ain’t nobody got time for this.  

• Like 1

I have no idea why I am still watching as well. I am a sucker for end of the world shows and aliens as well, but this is a slog. I mean, I have no idea how they managed to make this topic so mind numbingly boring, but they did it.

I will stick with it, mostly because I am a glutton for punishment and I am hoping that mom is killed soon, she is just awful. Is it bad to watch just for that? She is a doctor for goodness sakes, get out there and help, she is so selfish.

• Like 3

The entire episode was about those British kids? I don’t like to criticize child actors but they were NOT GOOD in this episode, particularly the girl playing Jamila and the boy playing the older brother. They delivered their lines stiffly with low energy. The little girl was stiff, too. but also sweet and managed alright with a few of the “comic” lines. Otherwise this was downright dire.

• Like 1

I was so excited when this show was advertised but sadly, it's going by way of most scifi TV shows. It's a good, interesting premise but then I find 2/3s of the show is basically one person trying to convince another person to do or not do something. Ugh...so tedious! 

On 9/3/2023 at 2:34 PM, For Cereals said:

I’d be fine if there was an agreement that in the post-apocalyptic world building there are no children or teenagers.  They just don’t exist, were captured or turned (zombies) early on, or seen but not heard and not the second coming or “special” in any way…

I really don't mind the British kids.  At least their part of the story makes some progress.  It's Aneesha's whiney brats I can't stand.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

I just skip over the Aneesha & her kids parts because I hate them so much.

I can take Aneesha and wish the character was't saddled with first the husband and kids and now only the kids, all of whom are like an anchor pulling down a drowning person.

On 9/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, Arynm said:

She is a doctor for goodness sakes, get out there and help, she is so selfish.

I don't think so. From what I can remember she was at most a beginning med student and had to give it up to raise the family maybe? She pretended to be a doctor at one point in the story during season one.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

There are probably only 2 or 3 characters I want to survie.

The writers seem to enjoy destroying characters.  Mitsuki started off like a star and quickly fell into a puddle of pining after lost love (one would think the alien thing might have had more of a pull on her psyche) driving her from one of my favorite characters to least favorites.  Even in the beginning of this season, instead of being with the scientists trying to figure things out, obviously her greater value, she's out in the city engaged in street fighting.  

On 9/20/2023 at 3:08 PM, ichbin said:

From what I can remember she was at most a beginning med student and had to give it up to raise the family maybe? She pretended to be a doctor at one point in the story during season one.

That makes a difference. I thought she was a Dr. She still sucks, and she's still so selfish. Now the girl child is missing and she is still lying. The entire family is terrible, maybe they can go missing.

• Like 1

S02.E07: Down the Rabbit Hole
207_invasion_photo02.jpg
Trevante and Rose investigate a clue that leads them to Ben Shelton’s farm. Monty has suspicions about the mission and confides in Jamila.

Release Date: October 4, 2023    Apple TV+
207_invasion_photo03.jpg

Coming late to the party -- finally binge-watched Season 1 and 2, and you guys were not kidding about the glacial pace of this series.

Instead of calling this series 'Invasion' they could have just called it the 'Aneesha and family traipsing through the woods hour'.  Seriously, how many times are her kids going to wander off/get lost/get kidnapped ?  Every time Aneesha shouted "Luke" I was just waiting for someone to shout back 'I'll be right there Aunt Beru".

I can't believe everyone on the planet was acting so nonchalant what with the giant alien spaceship hovering in the sky all through Season 2.  Maybe I missed it but did they ever explain why they didn't nuke the giant alien spaceship ?
Because they still had enough nukes to blow up those carrier ships that were exposed when they turned off the cloaking.

And we can certainly do without the love triangles -- adult or school-age varieties -- what with the world on the verge of being conquered/terraformed.

A lot of this series makes no sense at all -- you really do get the feeling that the writers were making it up as they went along.

I find it hard to believe that this got renewed for Season 3.

• Like 1