Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Episode 1

Aulty
  • Start Topic

Moordale's friskiest come together again — in more ways than one. Otis sports a 'stache but hides a secret. Jean comes clean. A head teacher arrives.

Released on Netflix on September 17th 2021

Edited by Aulty

I hope they weren't trying in being subtle, when they coreographed that the new head master is worse than the old one. I felt like I got hit with a fence pole when they showed that she was not-so-low-key racist, when she assumed that Adam was the head boy. She reminds me a lot of Storm Front (the boys) and not just because of her hairstyle.

I predict she will do nothing actually productive for the sex education of the students and just try to mash every discussion of sex with an iron fist.

Shitty for the new trans person that they now don't have a place to change.

I like that Adam accepted that he is a bit of a puffter now. (I'm allowed to say that) I'm ready for him and Eric to just be together for a while without massive drama.

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Zonk said:

I hope they weren't trying in being subtle, when they coreographed that the new head master is worse than the old one. I felt like I got hit with a fence pole when they showed that she was not-so-low-key racist, when she assumed that Adam was the head boy. She reminds me a lot of Storm Front (the boys) and not just because of her hairstyle.

The Storm Front comparison is perfection. 

While the implicit bias of assuming Adam was head boy over Jackson was pretty obvious to me and hopefully most people, I appreciate that this was a "show, don't tell" storytelling even if some of the audience might not see it immediately. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Anyone else watching this in the Netfix app on iPad? So far the first 3 episodes all go to black about 3 1/2 minutes from the end. Sound continues, but no picture.

Yep, same experience.

I've noticed a similar thing watching on my PC (Firefox browser). It doesn't go to black, but a few miniutes before the end of the episode the picture freezes for a few seconds while the sound continues. I also noticed it last week when I watched Lucifer.

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I watch in Chrome on the Netflix website and the last few mins are just credits in multiple languages. I wonder if people who watch on a mobile device are having that part cut off.

There’s dialog after the screen goes black on the mobile app, before the music accompany the credits kicks in. It’s just a minute or so. 

• Useful 1
On 9/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, arachne said:

So far, this is the only ep I've watched. But I'm betting Otis loses the alleged mustache before the season ends.

Dear Universe,

Please make sure Arachne wins her bet.  Please.

Pretty please.  

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.

Sincerely,

HV

• LOL 1

I was watching another show on Sunday, on my ipad, and I had the same thing happen at the end of the episodes. The screen went dark, 

I've had that happen on my TV, a couple of times, but it wasn't netflix-specific. I thought my TV had died (after a decade). On the computer, my monitor will go dark for a minute, if I open anything on prime, netflis, or hulu, in my browser. 

It took me until now to be ready to dive into season three, as I wasn't excited by anyone's storyline other than Aimee, and I came away from this first episode rather unenthused. 

I'm glad they're addressing Adam's rage issues to at least some extent, but I'm still having such a hard time with this victim falls in love with his bully storyline.

I'm also going to need some explanation beyond I got really busy writing my book and forgot to have an abortion for why Jean has chosen to have another child.  I'm also annoyed this means more Jakob, whom I don't like, but fundamentally this storyline is just stupid.  I don't know how old Jean is, but Gillian Anderson is 53.  Even lopping several years off, the odds of Jean being able to conceive naturally if she were trying are quite low, and the odds of her unintentionally falling pregnant are about the same as her tripping across a unicorn.  I'm so tired of these damn storylines; let menopausal and post-menopausal women be who they are instead of aging them down and giving them pregnancies, as if their real lives aren't worth telling.

Lastly, I utterly loathe Isaac; the mere sight of him makes me angry.

So, yeah, this didn't really do much for me; I enjoyed Otis and Eric's friendship, and how Eric having a boyfriend is changing things and how it's not, and loved the brutal honesty of the scene where the new Head Teacher assumed the white dude was the Head Boy.  And I appreciate it seems they'll explore how tearing down that spare bathroom means any transgender students no longer have a safe place to change.  I intend to keep watching, I just continue to find my enjoyment level decreasing with each season.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Wow. Talking about ruining an interesting character in Jean. Keeping baby at her age? So unrealistic, stupid and irresponsible at her age. No way would the Jean written in season 1 and 2 do that.

I don't think I  can keep watching. 

10 hours ago, supposebly said:

Wow. Talking about ruining an interesting character in Jean. Keeping baby at her age? So unrealistic, stupid and irresponsible at her age. No way would the Jean written in season 1 and 2 do that.

I don't think I  can keep watching. 

How old is she supposed to be? Early to mid 40s? I know multiple people who had a surprise baby at that age and everything turned out just fine. Not sure why you think it's unrealistic, stupid, and irresponsible. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't choose to, but Jean seems like someone who would just roll with it. And I think she's happy to have another child to fuss over now that Otis is on the verge of leaving the nest.