Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Save the Devil, Save the World

paulvdb

18 hours ago, bigseach said:

Ray-Ray is the angel of death??!

They showed that in the extra episode and during the fight to be God, she showed because Chloe was going to die. 

I was afraid they were going to do a clip show that they like doing for final seasons, so I'm glad it was reenactment of the stories Linda heard about with added embellishments. 

I was always wondering why they never told Ella. Since she was already a believer. I guess we are going with she's reacting better because she figured it out herself. And she's more upset no one told her. 

I'm glad Lucifer figured out he didn't want to be God. Because he would make a terrible one. He still to focused on his own issues. When God would see Ella's in pain and try to talk to her or at least talk for Dan. Maze is a demon and I feel like she's grown more the Lucifer. She self sabotages herself. She at least tries to help in her own way. She's not good at by any means, but she tries to think of others over her self. Lucifer still puts himself and his drama first. 

• Love 8

Ella’s response was just perfect.  It made me laugh so hard.  I hope that ray-ray visited Ella once in a while after Lucifer left.

also maze’s kawaii outfit cracked me up. The actress said that none of the cast saw her before she walked into the scene.  Their reactions were real.  Ms.Brandt did a great job keeping maze’s deadly force palpable even in pink and kittens.

Edited by bigseach
Maze
  • Love 5

So was Amenadiel sprinting off the building and spinning like a top the most dramatic takeoff we've seen on this show?  Way to show off there!  On the plus side, at least Lucifer had the sense to not leap off the building and hope his wings would pop out.

• Love 5

Once I saw that D.B. Woodside was directing, I figured Amenadiel zipping up to the "City of Light" was at last partially to give him less to do in front of the camera this go around.  Thought he did a good job here.

Enjoying them going through "Linda's story" and seeing embellished version of Lucifer and everyone else's lives.  Dan's version of him and Maze taking out the Russians was hilarious: Kevin Alejandro and Lesley-Ann Brandt were definitely having fun camping it up there.  Glad that it seems like Dan has a general idea about his keeping from passing over and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Not surprised that Ella is still smarting over being kept in the dark for so long, but I have to imagine she'll eventually find a way to move past it.  Until then, at least she seems to have something good with Carol (seriously, show!  Don't make him go bad too!)

Whelp, looks like Rory is finally coming around to Lucifer truly caring for her and Chloe!  And all it took was reading a manuscript of his therapy sessions and shooting him in the leg to do so...

Guess we have to wait and find out what is causing the end of world next episode! 

• Love 2

Whelp. Don’t like Rory which makes sense since I’ve never really liked her mother. I remember why I stopped watching this show for a while with all the Chloe is the bestest most special everything….even Rory sings her praises.  Ok I don’t HATE Chloe this season but I just don’t like it when I’m TOLD all time that a character is the best especially with a weak actor. (See Lana Lang) I love all the other characters so much though!

How did they really think Lucifer could be god when he is still so self centered? 
Also, Why are we spending so much time on this new girl and so little Trixie? 

I do feel really bad for Ella. Ever time she cries I do. 
How is Tom Ellis getting BETTER looking? 

• Love 3

Ummm...did Linda genuinely believe anyone would publish her book as non-fiction? And of course Lucifer would love the idea of a book about him.

For a bottle episode this was really good, it made plot sense and it gave the characters we've loved a chance to revisit big moments and talk with everyone finally in the know.

As much as I was amused by Ella being puzzled at all the dead bodies from season 4 looking like they had been murdered twice, Lucifer would not have been there as he would have been in hell keeping demons in line, unless it took months to close the case and discuss it. Yes, yes, I hand wave the devil working with a cop, but in story logic Lucifer shouldn't have been there.

Finally, what did Chloe tell Rory about Lucifer other than he vanished? She sees him as a total deadbeat dad, until she reads the book and realized he loved her mother and would sacrifice anything to keep her safe. Then realizes he loved her. Chloe clearly told her that her dad was the devil, but it doesn't sound like she told her that he was the guy presented in the Bible, because she didn't throw back at him that he was the personification of evil, just that he was gone. I'm assuming everyone else took their cues for Chloe and didn't tell her anything Luci either.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2021 at 1:51 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Once I saw that D.B. Woodside was directing, I figured Amenadiel zipping up to the "City of Light" was at last partially to give him less to do in front of the camera this go around.  Thought he did a good job here.

Enjoying them going through "Linda's story" and seeing embellished version of Lucifer and everyone else's lives.  Dan's version of him and Maze taking out the Russians was hilarious: Kevin Alejandro and Lesley-Ann Brandt were definitely having fun camping it up there.  Glad that it seems like Dan has a general idea about his keeping from passing over and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Not surprised that Ella is still smarting over being kept in the dark for so long, but I have to imagine she'll eventually find a way to move past it.  Until then, at least she seems to have something good with Carol (seriously, show!  Don't make him go bad too!)

Whelp, looks like Rory is finally coming around to Lucifer truly caring for her and Chloe!  And all it took was reading a manuscript of his therapy sessions and shooting him in the leg to do so...

Guess we have to wait and find out what is causing the end of world next episode! 

For a minute, I was afraid that he was going to be evil. Just for a minute. Until he told her what she needed to hear about knowing with your heart.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, MissL said:

Whelp. Don’t like Rory which makes sense since I’ve never really liked her mother. I remember why I stopped watching this show for a while with all the Chloe is the bestest most special everything….even Rory sings her praises.  Ok I don’t HATE Chloe this season but I just don’t like it when I’m TOLD all time that a character is the best especially with a weak actor. (See Lana Lang) I love all the other characters so much though!

How did they really think Lucifer could be god when he is still so self centered? 
Also, Why are we spending so much time on this new girl and so little Trixie? 

I do feel really bad for Ella. Ever time she cries I do. 
How is Tom Ellis getting BETTER looking? 

I'm glad that someone else mentioned this. She hasn't bugged me in any other season, that I can remember, but this one is full of, well... what an absolute angel she is. She can do nothing wrong. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, bigseach said:

Ella’s response was just perfect.  It made me laugh so hard.  I hope that ray-ray visited Ella once in a while after Lucifer left.

also maze’s kawaii outfit cracked me up. The actress said that none of the cast saw her before she walked into the scene.  Their reactions were real.  Ms.Brandt did a great job keeping maze’s deadly force palpable even in pink and kittens.

"You interrupt my honeymoon, you take what you get."  LOL. I love Maze.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:07 AM, cambridgeguy said:

So was Amenadiel sprinting off the building and spinning like a top the most dramatic takeoff we've seen on this show?  Way to show off there!  On the plus side, at least Lucifer had the sense to not leap off the building and hope his wings would pop out.

I don't like how they jumped to Ella and her investigation board this season without really showing us in the previous season that she was doubting something or finally seeing the light about who Amenadiel and Lucifer and Maze are.... but I will say, I LOVED the look on her face when she got to see Amenadiel fly off. Perfect. It was like her faith was restored and then some. She looked so happy. I was so happy for her to finally see proof.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Can somebody give me the current relationship status between Dr. Linda and Amenadiel?

Where is Amenadiel staying while he is being a cop?

They are not together romantically, they co parent Charlie, amenadiel has his own place.  Although now he is based in lux and heaven.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:23 AM, AnimeMania said:

Can somebody give me the current relationship status between Dr. Linda and Amenadiel?

Where is Amenadiel staying while he is being a cop?

On 9/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, bigseach said:

They are not together romantically, they co parent Charlie, amenadiel has his own place.  Although now he is based in lux and heaven.

Oh, I thought they were still together, I couldn't understand why no one was talking about Linda cheating on him.

I have absolutely no memory of Ray Ray.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Ray ray is the angel of death from s2 ep25. 

linda and amenadiel had a scene in the obgyn office where relationship was discussed.  It is a bit confusing as amenadiel is at her house a lot.  

Edited by bigseach
On 9/19/2021 at 9:31 AM, bigseach said:

Ray ray is the angel of death from s2 ep25. 

linda and amenadiel had a scene in the obgyn office where relationship was discussed.  It is a bit confusing as amenadiel is at her house a lot.  

S3, ep 25.  Not S2.

I don’t care, I still want Linda & Amenadiel together.  They have such good chemistry.  But it seems like this show is going the way of Amenadiel as the new God, unless God himself comes back.

I still want to know how Ella put together that her friends were celestials.  And she was absolutely right to be angry that no one helped her when she had her crisis of Faith aft Charlotte’s death.  Her joy watching Amenadiel put on a show rising to Heaven, was pure delight.

in a way I’m glad Lucifer doesn’t want to be God. Maybe Zarachiel (the angel of righteousness) would be a good replacement. So maybe that means Luci won’t abandon Chloe, Trixie, and Rory.

Maze and her Barbie coz play…LOLOL. And her working to help Dan figure out his guilt, tells that she’s grown too.  She’s so different from the Mazikeen who tortured the boxing promoter with sex and a crystal toilet plunger, when she first arrived on Earth.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3

Poor Ella is getting a LOT of information really quickly. She's actually taking it pretty well (didn't call an exorcist or anything) but finding out that a bunch of her friends are angels/demons who have been hiding this from her, and that her other deceased friend is a ghost, AND that her childhood friend is the angel of death, its certainly a lot, even ignoring the bigger celestial issues. She isn't freaked out by the existence if the supernatural, more that no one ever told her. Is Linda's book going to be sold as fiction? Because if its not people are going to have a lot of follow up questions...

I am glad they decided to go with Linda's book and her over the top versions of everyone else to look back at the show instead of doing a clip show, like i thought they might. I especially loved Ella's "happy tee shirt" and Maze and Dan both retelling the same story with the Russians with them as the badass and the other as the wimp. Or Dan's sadly resigned "yeah, that's about right" reaction to his depiction as a stupid dirty cop. Still really working some stuff out that poor ghost.

If Lucifer isn't going to be God, who is?

• Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, Sakura12 said:

I was afraid they were going to do a clip show that they like doing for final seasons, so I'm glad it was reenactment of the stories Linda heard about with added embellishments. 

Same. I pinged when Ella showed up in 'happy t shirt'. Just having Chole saying "I solved another murder" over and over was just a great punch line, and I totally lost it when they panned over to Maze and the beat cop doing down on her. She's the same cop that's been on a whole bunch of times. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:51 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Until then, at least she seems to have something good with Carol (seriously, show!  Don't make him go bad too!)

Wow the line about 'you don't have to know every single detail about someone if you know their heart' is absolutely brilliant. I had to pause to turn the fan on from all the smoke coming from the tv. 

I did like Ella being pissed going over the past seasons with the emu feather and 'not with the spanish' eyeroll from Lucifer. 

I said before I was hoping they might have gone down the road of rewriting the rules, so to speak, but The Good Place tackled that so I get why it's probably not necessarily fresh. With Lucifer not wanting to be god, I'm wondering if they're going to ask whether there needs to actually be a god. (Side note reference - Anyone see The Second Coming? That's where I'm coming from.) I'm kind of rooting for that type of ending because I think it's really bold. 

I don't think anyone else can really be god anyway. Lucifer has lived among humanity for so long. The other celestials have been shown to be really capricious and petty. It won't work. 

Now I'm thinking Incarnations of Immortality and having Linda be god. I've been pacing myself quite well and enjoying these final episodes, but I think I have to close this out soon. 

• Love 1

The book acting was super fun!

btw I HOPE that writers are better than making Dan’s guilt about Trixie (abandoning her and stuff). I’m so tired of that cliche and stupid/lazy writing. I don’t remember a show I watched recently where a character spent half the season figuring out smth about worry, or guilt, or… I don’t remember now exactly lol but it was too obvious to anyone that it was about their kid. So I just hope Dan worked through that in the first hour of his thousands of years playing ping pong in hell.