Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I’ve been watching Astrid on PBS, which is very good. And now I know where Cleo got her affectations (you know, the ones she exhibited in the first couple of episodes and then seemed to drop by the wayside). Except for the sunflower ID tag.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Me too! I’ll do Diaries but not Single Life. I don’t buy Jamal and Veronica as a couple, they are both fake hungry. I don’t understand Veronica, she has a really good job.

I’ve lost it! I watch then ALL right now!  It’s obvious how desperate I am  for mindless entertainment.  Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve lost it! I watch then ALL right now!  It’s obvious how desperate I am  for mindless entertainment.  Lol

I watched the first two seasons of Housewives on Netflix in 3 days …I understand lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’ve been watching Astrid on PBS, which is very good. And now I know where Cleo got her affectations (you know, the ones she exhibited in the first couple of episodes and then seemed to drop by the wayside). Except for the sunflower ID tag.

Ooh, is it good? I foolishly got PBS passport but there are NO GOOD SHOWS. I tried watching the Buccaneers and it was so bad I quit one episode in. What is this trend for writing dialog for period pieces so the characters talk like Tik Tokkers? Its so annoying and takes me right out of the story. I do love Annika and Unforgotten though, is there anything on PBS as good as those? 

• Like 2

Was reading on FB about marriage where Citra is from by someone from the area.  Your religion must match that of your spouse by law and it must be one of the 3?  It has to be on your identification documents, so a little more serious than just dad’s wishes.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ooh, is it good? I foolishly got PBS passport but there are NO GOOD SHOWS. I tried watching the Buccaneers and it was so bad I quit one episode in. What is this trend for writing dialog for period pieces so the characters talk like Tik Tokkers? Its so annoying and takes me right out of the story. I do love Annika and Unforgotten though, is there anything on PBS as good as those? 

If you can ever find the original Buccaneers miniseries with Mira Sorvino I highly recommend it.  Not interested in this new trend of modernizing classics.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Was it one of you wonderful people who recommended the Baked collection makeup by Laura Gellar? I bought myself some as a Christmas prezzie and tried it for the first time today. A definite winner, thanks! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I heard an expression for the first time today and I get to use it right away for Sam’s mom. “She looks like a waitress in a bowling alley.” 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 10
Just now, kacesq said:

If you can ever find the original Buccaneers miniseries with Mira Sorvino I highly recommend it.  Not interested in this new trend of modernizing classics.

I started that one too, but I fell asleep, even though it had the incomparable Cherie Lunghi and Connie Booth. Maybe I'll give it another try. I think I got turned off because I know it all turns out bleak and tragic for everyone and I wanted something a little more fun. Maybe I'll just watch Vanity Fair again. The 1987 production. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My theory about Sophie’s mother is that she got knocked up by a rich guy and his family has been paying her off and supporting Sophie for years to get both of them to stay out of their lives

Or she got knocked up by a random Joe, and has been swinging from vine to vine ever since.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ooh, is it good? I foolishly got PBS passport but there are NO GOOD SHOWS. I tried watching the Buccaneers and it was so bad I quit one episode in. What is this trend for writing dialog for period pieces so the characters talk like Tik Tokkers? It’s so annoying and takes me right out of the story. I do love Annika and Unforgotten though, is there anything on PBS as good as those? 

Did you watch “Endeavour”? 

• Love 1

Oh, stupid Mama Sam, Citra and her family do serve the same god you do. Different name. Same god. Dumbass. 

Just now, Gobi said:

Has mom been tweaking?

She gets her meth at church, from that nice pastor who's down with all the kids. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I started that one too, but I fell asleep, even though it had the incomparable Cherie Lunghi and Connie Booth. Maybe I'll give it another try. I think I got turned off because I know it all turns out bleak and tragic for everyone and I wanted something a little more fun. Maybe I'll just watch Vanity Fair again. The 1987 production. 

They played around a bit with the ending so it’s not as bleak as you might think…

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, kacesq said:

I already irrationally dislike Mother Sophie. She’s as posh as I am.

Oh I'm sure you are much more posh!!!! 

• Love 4

Oh, stupid Mama Sam, Citra and her family do serve the same god you do. Different name. Same god. Dumbass. 

Does she not know that Islam had its roots in Judaism, same as Christianity?  All three therefore worship the same God.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Veronica. You thought Jamal was sexy the first time you laid eyes on him? None of us trust your judgment since the day you told us you picked Tim up at a club because he was the hottest guy there. Please. 

1 minute ago, AR Traveler said:

Does she not know that Islam had its roots in Judaism, same as Christianity?  All three therefore worship the same God.

Exactly. People of the Book. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I did not! Is that about Scott? or Shackleton? 

It’s the prequel to Inspector Morse whose first name is Endeavour although no one ever uses it. Great characters and stories taking place in the 60s 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You'd be appalled at how many people never thought of that. These folks look, as the Italians say, "none too bright".

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

I'm watching Season 8 of Seaside Hotel on PBS.  It's a favorite for me.

I LOVE Seaside Hotel. Its so beautiful to look at and I love everyone. I think I'm caught up though, from another source. Sad face. I've even found another couple of shows from the same production company on Prime or someplace. Who knew I had a thing for Danish TV? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

All Creatures Great & Small is on PBS tonight 9 pm.   It's on another PBS local station tomorrow, so I'll start that.

I like the original but I did not like the new incarnation, they made Siegfried such a dick and to me the story was so dumbed down. Every watch "The Yorkshire Vet"? Think its on Prime or Britbox or Acorn. Follows the real vets who work in Herriot's old practice in Yorkshire. I absolutely loved it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Are we going to live post during 90 Day Diaries? I am not sure I want to watch, but it triggers my FOMO if you're all here and I am not. But I just remembered I am out of town so I will miss out either way 🤔.

I may if I'm bored... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

Muslims believe Jesus existed FFS. Can she not Google?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Clayton reminds me of Pole…same crazy eyes.

I've been thinking that for a while. Aren't they both from Kentucky? Something in the water???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2