Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

OK peeps, Snark Bus is idling outside, all aboard! No pushing, there's a seat for everyone! Bar cart's in the back, snacks up front. 

How's everyone's week been? 

It’s been shite, but onwards and upwards with my fave snarkers and gin. I binged Hoarder, I love Matt  and Cory

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

What a way to go. I thought she died in her sleep.

At my advanced age I live in terror of falling down stairs. I've seen too many hospital shows, with lots of stories of elderly ladies who fall at home and just lie there for hours before someone finds them. The poor thing.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 6
Just now, Gobi said:

They shouldn't show this.

Agreed. But you know Matt Sharp. No bar too low. 

Just now, Angry Moldovan2 said:

Give the family some dignity mr sharpe you exploitive flucker 

A black screen stating what happened, Matt! Back the fuck off. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

At my advanced age I live in terror of falling down stairs. I've seen too many hospital shows, with lots of stories of elderly ladies who fall at home and just lie there for hours before someone finds them. The poor thing.

I knew 2 people that happened to.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 6
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

What a segue. Genuine human tragedy to…these two.

Sheila and David were so dignified even in grief.
How soon til Jasmine starts screaming about sex and butt plugs ?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan2 said:

You can see Sheila’s heart breaking

Just getting here....why is David not staying with Sheila for the funeral? is it a family-only ceremony? Not snarking, I don't know the rules.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My dad's cousin lived alone on their former dairy farm.   Her many relatives told her to move in town, so they could check on her regularly.   She moved to a lovely, huge home in town.  Then, one day she broke her hip and fell (we think in that order), and was flat out on her bedroom floor for two days. The relatives who were checking on her kept knocking on the door, but she couldn't get to the door or the phone.  The relative thought cousin went shopping out of town.   It wasn't until day two that someone looked in the garage window, saw her car was there, and came in the house. 

So, being in town, and close to people guarantees nothing.   She was fine after a hospital stay, but never relied on anyone to check on her again.   She and a couple of close friends would call at previously agreed on times during the day, and if one of them didn't answer (this was before cell phones), they took action. 

I'm so sad for Sheila and her family.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Just getting here....why is David not staying with Sheila for the funeral? is it a family-only ceremony? Not snarking, I don't know the rules.

It wasn’t the funeral, it was sitting with the casket, Sheila said it’s traditional to stay with the casket for 24 hours.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait, advanced age? We're in the same range...oh, that is very scary. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

It wasn’t the funeral, it was sitting with the casket, Sheila said it’s traditional to stay with the casket for 24 hours.

That gives me deep goosebumps. I'd be traumatized for life. 

• Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Wait, advanced age? We're in the same range...oh, that is very scary. 

No, I think you're younger than me! I'm 69! Officially a senior citizen. Elderly. A little old lady. (Getting littler, I've lost almost 90 pounds in the last two years, woot!)

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

No, I think you're younger than me! I'm 69! Officially a senior citizen. Elderly. A little old lady. (Getting littler, I've lost almost 90 pounds in the last two years, woot!)

You must be tiny! 

No, I think you're younger than me! I'm 69! Officially a senior citizen. Elderly. A little old lady. 

Me too. I am geriatric. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 3

I'm a little older, but don't think about age very often.   Until I had my gall bladder out (Da Vinci was used, just like My 600 lb Life)., and ended up in the geezer ward.   That was the humiliating part. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 8