Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

This drives me nuts when people can go on a damned SHOW with a CAMERA CREW, but pull the spectrum card when it's time to say hello to someone. 

Before anyone jumps in my tea, I'm on the spectrum and have dyslexia and some other differences. I also know that in order to LIVE, I have to find ways to manage my symptoms. I haven't managed everything, but if I refused to try...I'd live under the bed.

Seems that the current style is to embrace limitations. 

My nephew is on the spectrum. He is also dyslexic. His teen years are now becoming harder because he is old enough to become more self conscious. I appreciate your struggles. I also question folks who have the same condition agreeing to be on national TV and going to nightclubs….my nephew would have a meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Tuneful said:

BTW, who names their kid (or themselves) after Statler Hilton hotels? 

I’d bet the farm that she gave herself that name. Parents probably named her something like Ann or Laurie but it wasn’t quirky enough for such a fun loving eccentric.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, Eldemarge said:

I read that that isn't her actual name.

I wonder how she came up with Statler? I also wonder if this is her new show name or if she changed it earlier as an f-u to her parents 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

My nephew is on the spectrum. He is also dyslexic. His teen years are now becoming harder because he is old enough to become more self conscious. I appreciate your struggles. I also question folks who have the same condition agreeing to be on national TV and going to nightclubs….my nephew would have a meltdown.

My point exactly. The cameras would have sent me into a seizure. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’d bet the farm that she gave herself that name. Parents probably named her something like Ann or Laurie but it wasn’t quirky enough for such a fun loving eccentric.

Her name 

Spoiler

Grace

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4

Oh, good, Jasmine and Gino. So, anyone have any anecdotes? Cooked all day Friday for my mom and brother. (North African meatballs, Indian lemon pepper chicken, barley and white bean salad, coucous with carrots and raisins, and lemon blueberry blondies cause we got fresh blueberries in our CSA). Houseguest and I went yard saling Saturday and found two nice outdoor chairs for FREE. They were too big for her car so we plaintively called my husband and he heroically came down and somehow got them into his SUV. Then we went to Ocean State Job Lot and bought some stuff, THEN we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, just to "peek in" and "see if there's anything left". An hour and almost $200 later we staggered out. They are at 60-80% markdown and we found treasure. Sheets, dishes, hair products, socks, bath products, vitamins.....

And today we did a food drop at my brother's and he gave us some of my late SIL's stuff, to either keep for ourselves or donate. 

What have you all been up to? 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought the exact same thing. 

"It sounds sort of like SADDLE, and you know how I love to RIDE..." or some such off-color association. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
Just now, Angry Moldovan2 said:

Hey Gino

no one  cares.

but your voice makes me laugh, you remind me of Kermit so you’re not all  bad. You loveable hat wearing frog muppet 

loves always

AM xox

Oh, don't defile Kermit like that! 

• LOL 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, good, Jasmine and Gino. So, anyone have any anecdotes? Cooked all day Friday for my mom and brother. (North African meatballs, Indian lemon pepper chicken, barley and white bean salad, coucous with carrots and raisins, and lemon blueberry blondies cause we got fresh blueberries in our CSA). Houseguest and I went yard saling Saturday and found two nice outdoor chairs for FREE. They were too big for her car so we plaintively called my husband and he heroically came down and somehow got them into his SUV. Then we went to Ocean State Job Lot and bought some stuff, THEN we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, just to "peek in" and "see if there's anything left". An hour and almost $200 later we staggered out. They are at 60-80% markdown and we found treasure. Sheets, dishes, hair products, socks, bath products, vitamins.....

And today we did a food drop at my brother's and he gave us some of my late SIL's stuff, to either keep for ourselves or donate. 

Yesterday it rained all day so we made duck confit and drank too much red wine. Today we took a long walk in the heat then went for a quick swim in the outdoor pool. It was freezing but refreshing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dang, you cleaned up!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Purchasing butt plugs online

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I shamefully admit I watched the 30-minute preview Fri. night and decided to pass tonight because they just showed more Gino/Jasmine fighting and Statler's stomach issues and going to urgent care. That's some compelling teevee right there. 

BTW, who names their kid (or themselves) after the Statler  hotels? (e.g., Statler Hilton) 

I am willing to bet next month's social security check that Statler is not her given name. She's nice normal Rachel or Alexis or Hayley. Ditto Dempsey. She's really Jane or Sarah or Charlotte. Guaranteed. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I also question folks who have the same condition agreeing to be on national TV and going to nightclubs….my nephew would have a meltdown.

I can't help feeling icky about people with various disabilities (such as David's deafness...and the people with autism...and I dunno about Tyray) who struggle so much on this show. I know that they consent to take the opportunity, but still...the situations and stress would challenge anyone with a disability or without. It feels to me like being set up to be a kind of exhibit or to fail.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I hate that Riley is handsome. It gives him more opportunity to fuck with women's heads. 

I give him a 5/6 on looks but he does have 6'4" height. 

• Like 3

“You texted my dad bad things”

” Riley let’s not talk about it tonight “

”No of course not, but let’s talk about it right now and call my sister too”

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, Tuneful said:

I can't help feeling icky about people with various disabilities (such as David's deafness...and the people with autism...and I dunno about Tyray) who struggle so much on this show. I know that they consent to take the opportunity, but still...the situations and stress would challenge anyone with a disability or without. It feels to me like being set up to be a kind of exhibit or to fail.  

I genuinely question how many of these disabilities are made up or self-diagnosed. 

It's the ones that don't announce a disibility that seem to actually have one. Also, the ones that are evil and have a disability get zero sympathy from me. You can have a difference without being a self-absorbed douche. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2