Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Fun fact! No one had ever heard of yoga before Gwyneth Paltrow started doing it. #theworldaccordingtogoop

That is hilarious! What WAS that I was doing in 1971??  Goopy hadn't even been BORN yet!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

I want to smack her every time she says "like" and that Fry.

Guys, there may be something wrong with me. Brace yourselves before you read the following…

I kinda get aroused in a pleasant sort of way when Jen says “yeah”.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
53 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Oh, good Lord, FUCK NO. I know it’s cultural but NO to living with a whole ass family. Nope.

Yeah my middle eastern family (not egyptian, but similar culture) was like that. That's why I had to run far away. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Fun fact! No one had ever heard of yoga before Gwyneth Paltrow started doing it. #theworldaccordingtogoop

Gwyneth Paltrow is obnoxious. Uggg.

4 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He might be moving to Montana soon.

Oklerhomer

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Yoga can be a touchy subject. Practitioners of Yoga were banned from doing so during the early days of British colonialism. Now North Americans made superficial changes and claim it as their own when people inIndia were being arrested for it due to the spiritual aspects of practice. Good times.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

Jen is so embarrassing and pathetic with her yoga nonsense and insecure questioning of Rishi. It’s like she thinks she’s still in the States, with all the dumb ass drama that comes with living in the States. He’s an Indian man living at home with his parents who want to set him up with an arranged marriage; he isn’t a personal trainer banging bored rich housewives in Beverly Hills. Like, calm TF down.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Shouldn’t it be called “Prime Minister’s Choice”? 

Galen Weston is President of Loblaw grocery company here. His little project. In March, he, along with other grocery heads, are being asked to testify in Parliament about high grocery prices. Canadians are outraged.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm gasping for some anecdotes here. I'm passing out from boredom. Not of you, my snarky pals, but these people are boring me into a coma. At least bring back Daffy Debbie. 

I was putting a settlement through once. The petitioner didn't speak English and his attorney didn't have an interpreter, so he prepped the client to answer "Yes" to all the questions. Everything went fine until the Judge asked the petitioner if he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
Just now, Frozendiva said:

Galen Weston is President of Loblaw grocery company here. His little project. In March, he, along with other grocery heads, are being asked to testify in Parliament about high grocery prices. Canadians are outraged.

That turd is the Mr. Burns of the grocery chains. Evil money hungry ....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Fun fact, folks...opium poppies are a member of the mint family, and those who use opiates often develop an aversion to the taste or smell of mint. "Allergy" is code for "can't stand the stuff". 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 12
2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I was putting a settlement through once. The petitioner didn't speak English and his attorney didn't have an interpreter, so he prepped the client to answer "Yes" to all the questions. Everything went fine until the Judge asked the petitioner if he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Fun fact, folks...opium poppies are a member of the mint family, and those who use opiates often develop an aversion to the taste or smell of mint. "Allergy" is code for "can't stand the stuff". 

Wow, that IS a fun fact! Thank you! 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm gasping for some anecdotes here. I'm passing out from boredom. Not of you, my snarky pals, but these people are boring me into a coma. At least bring back Daffy Debbie. 

I just did a little research, and have to take back some of the offensive comments I made regarding Kris and the whole “addiction” thing. You all need to stop. It’s infuriating. As someone who has experienced severe back and neck pain, you all don’t understand chronic pain at all. You can’t just assume that because someone needs pain meds to deal with pain and function that it’s because of an addiction. Many people die from suicide every year including people I know because they are in so much pain but the stigma has caused pain treatments to be inaccessible. For people that live with pain, pain meds allow you to actually live! They can truly be a lifesaver. You are lucky to never experience what it is like. Don’t judge when you don’t actually know her situation. #themoreyouknow

• Like 3
  • Hugs 6
  • Applause 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Intestines. 
Why is it never a delicious lamb stew with rice or a pastry of gastronomical delight? Why is it always an eye, a foot or some horrible internal organ? 

"Weird food" is a Bingo square. And of course it can't be delicious or delightful! Foreign countries are full of weird food and people who babble in foreign languages and don't have shopping malls or reality TV or Entenmann's coffee cakes or even Pizza Hut! Plus did you know that many of them are not even Christian?? My stars!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I just did a little research, and have to take back some of the offensive comments I made regarding Kris and the whole “addiction” thing. You all need to stop. It’s infuriating. As someone who has experienced severe back and neck pain, you all don’t understand chronic pain at all. You can’t just assume that because someone needs pain meds to deal with pain and function that it’s because of an addiction. Many people die from suicide every year including people I know because they are in so much pain but the stigma has caused pain treatments to be inaccessible. For people that live with pain, pain meds allow you to actually live! They can truly be a lifesaver. You are lucky to never experience what it is like. Don’t judge when you don’t actually know her situation. #themoreyouknow

I too suffer from severe back pain even after 2 surgeries. Spinal fusion is the next step if the pain gets too much. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

It was the refusal to take any of the treatments offered that made us question. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1