Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Jesus Mary, this kid lives in a camper van behind his grandparents house! He's a scrawny kid with a bad haircut! He's not Mr. Moneybags. 

And there are plenty of people right here in the good old US of A who struggle just as much. Cram it, Mary. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus Mary, this kid lives in a camper van behind his grandparents house! He's a scrawny kid with a bad haircut! He's not Mr. Moneybags. 

And there are plenty of people right here in the good old US of A who struggle just as much. Cram it, Mary. 

But why oh why didn't he think about money before going to Phillipines! 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
Just now, For Cereals said:

Can Mary not work?

It would interfere with her hangout time with her guy friends, Bingbong, Biscuit and Peapod. Plus if she was at work, who'd watch Brandan and hit him on the snout with a rolled up newspaper if he dared lift his eyes from the ground? 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, tvrox said:

But why oh why didn't he think about money before going to Phillipines! 

im thinking that he might have assumed that they will all live in the new place and pool whatever money with grandpa and mary contributing till he found work.

Not that he would supporting 2 places.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
Just now, Doublemint said:

Honestly, once Mary started up, I would have decked her.  Of course I realize I'm not in the greatest mood right now, my daughter is in pain and having seizures, my back is out, and I'm worried. (More than usually).

i am really sorry about your troubles Doublemint.  I would have decked her as well.

I hope your daughter's pain gets better and her seizures diminish.  

Did you try an Ostopath for your back? I had lower back pain and it worked wonders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, greekmom said:

we should add that to the bingo card!

(scribbling notes furiously)

Anyone here remember "WKRP in Cincinnati"? Sarper and Shekina remind me of the episode when Jennifer fell in love with a guy named "Steel", and they'd pose and look in the mirror together. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

(scribbling notes furiously)

Anyone here remember "WKRP in Cincinnati"? Sarper and Shekina remind me of the episode when Jennifer fell in love with a guy named "Steel", and they'd pose and look in the mirror together. 

ME!!!!!! and YES!!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Just fell in the door. What a night...rode my bike to work, got a flat on the way home, 3 miles from the office. Had to walk back to the office after dark and borrow a company car, which has to be back by 6am. Crammed my bike into the car, sweating bullets. The office is in a sketch area...some guy from the nearby wet shelter staggered into the parking lot to pee against the dumpsters...I drove away with the car trunk open...screw that much social service!

• Mind Blown 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1