Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Silence Of The Sonograms

• Start Topic

Love seeing Zari in problem solving mode. Grabbing Astra and Spoons to figure out Con. Fun times.

There’s nothing special about Ava, Bishop. Get with the program.

Vegan cakes are perfectly good if they’re baked properly so shut it Bishop.

Astra’s come a long way with her magic.

Sara got the ring and told David Bowie about it. She was going to propose, Ava. Just because she didn’t do it before her abduction doesn’t mean anything. Ava can be so stupid.

So Ava doesn’t see the Legends as family. Of course she doesn’t. At least the rest of them have each other.

Con dropped the Big L on Zari and she picks his pocket. Atta girl.

And now Mick’s in labor. Can’t say there’s not much going on in this episode.

Ava had no parents which admittedly sucks. Sara does have parents who regularly forget her existence which also sucks. This is why the found family can be so important so please gain some perspective please Ava.

The show really should have dealt with Ava’s issues in a previous season.

So part of Bishop is Sara and has allowed him to take over the ship.

Ok the man’s only six percent of Sara and her fighting skills take up more than that.

Mick giving birth via his sinuses is really weird.

This is a nice scene for Zari and Con. Of course Con’s junkie side has powers and starts fucking with him. From now on anyone who needs to detox does it in the medbay on the Waverider.

• Love 5

You'd think an AI as sophisticated as Gideon would have duo factor authentication rather than one simple master password that grants anyone complete control. 

Of course, I'd also expect Sara to not be stupid enough to leave Bishop unattended even after his supposed good deed, but being on the Waverider must have dulled her instincts.

• Love 3

Bishop still needs to go. He's just unappealing. The whole episode was him screwing with most of the Legends, and the endgame was swiping Mick's com so he could tempt John. I mean . . . that was a good plan overall, but he still has that layer of skeevy that's off-putting. Also, having six percent of Sara's DNA meant he could order Gideon around and fight like Sara. Of course. Oy.

Once again, I get the criticisms regarding Ava, but I could see where she was coming from, as well as emphasizing with the anxiety attack. Of course, I'm thinking Bishop has some sort of Winter Solider-type effect on her than would probably much things up. For now, dealing with the dark side of the tormented magician is probably the best move.

Nate can play chess. This amuses me.

Sara: You can play?

Nate: Yeah. Sooooo . . . how do I move the horse piece?

Sara: (death glare)

Nate: Kidding! That's a knight! I know that! I used to play with Dad when I was recovering from hepatitis.

Sara: Did you mean hemophilia?

Nate: (rolls eyes) Like anyone remembers that.

Where was Behrad? If something happened in the previous episode, I honestly forgot about that.

Mich. Nasal birth. Ew.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I think that this was a very solid episode overall, probably my favourite for this season, but it also still left me with questions.

Bishop has 6% of Sara in him. Ok, but how can that 6% have enough where he can fight like Sara, mirror her movements, know her tastes in wedding stuff, AND also be able to remember passwords and commands? 6% is not THAT much of Sara. At least, Bishop shouldn't retain that much of Sara's fighting skills. He'd need at LEAST 50% just for her fighting skills alone.

Also, the fact that it was quite obvious that Bishop was playing them from the start and would con Ava/Sara by being helpful. He may have 6% of Sara, but he has 94% of Bishop and that 94% was never going to just play nice with Ava/Sara. Sara knew that it was a long game and they fell right into his trap, especially when he was so willing to help Mick and then so willing to go back in his cell. 

But, I will say, the Ava/Sara stuff was not horrible. Probably one of the better uses of Ava's cloneism and it made perfect sense.

I will say, after several seasons of feeling like this show has not been able to fit John in as well as other characters....this season, he's REALLY gotten me invested, and that has a lot to do with Matt Ryan's performance. I've really enjoyed his addiction arc, as common of a storyline that it is, and this episode was top notch for him. I really loved the Zari/John scenes, seeing John struggle, and especially the end scene with his fight between good and evil within him. 

Really, really strong episode, even with some questionable moments...and the Mick birthing scene was really weird and I had to look away at points.

• Love 3

Good episode Gotta say Bishop even manipulated me into thinking that maybe he wasn't that bad 😩. I was thinking Bishop was one of the weakest villains of the Arrowverse but this episode proved me wrong. He's stronger than I thought. He manipulated Ava,Sara, Mick and the rest of the Legends pretty well. He caught on thru their weaknesses and used that against them:

Ava: thru emotions & her sense of wanting to belong. He pretended to be a father figure to her while helping her with her wedding: check it worked.

Sara: thru her team: the legends are her family & she'll do anything to protect them. So what does Bishop do? pretend to care about Mick and his babies. He even makes sure to "deliver the eggs safely." Check it worked again.

Mick: sense of father hood and fear for his own health. Makes him feel that he'll keep the alien babies and him safe. Check it works.(Mick allows him to help him with the labor.) but man were those scenes gross. I couldn't even watch. Got a weakness for head or neck scenes.

So because those 3 decide to trust Bishop the rest of them lower their guard. But what is Bishop really doing? Studying them all. Manipulating and finding the one weakest Legend so he can use that person against the rest of the Legends. And that's Constantine or rather Beast Constantine- oh boy.

Speaking of Constantine.... Kudos to Matt Ryan! He was amazing this episode. Zari being angy but then telling John she loved him & would stay with him got me teary eyed. I knew whatever was coming was bad. And it was, John and Zari's "goodbye" scenes were heartbreaking their "I love you's." got to me. Watching John get beat up hurt a lot but I guess that John disappearing means there's only evil Constantine left now :(. Will Zari's love be able to bring him back? I don't know..... 2 more episodes left and it's all picking up steam. 

P.s where was Zari when the good vs. bad John fight was going on? Don't tell me she didn't hear all that racket? XD

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tvwatchergordis said:

P.s where was Zari when the good vs. bad John fight was going on? Don't tell me she didn't hear all that racket? XD

She went to the Waverider to grab some tea.  Sadly, boiling water is not one her skills.

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bishop has 6% of Sara in him. Ok, but how can that 6% have enough where he can fight like Sara, mirror her movements, know her tastes in wedding stuff, AND also be able to remember passwords and commands? 6% is not THAT much of Sara. At least, Bishop shouldn't retain that much of Sara's fighting skills. He'd need at LEAST 50% just for her fighting skills alone.

Simple, the writers googled it and saw that the brain weighs about 3 pounds.  If less than 3% of your body's mass contains all of that then 6% of DNA is more than enough.  Science!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I found this episode to be stupid, dark and depressing - but mostly stupid...

Bishop's having 6% of Sara's DNA would not suddenly give him all of Sara's memories, thereby allowing him to access and control Gideon. Nor would it suddenly give Bishop equal fighting skills to Sara. Even if he somehow got her memories of how to fight, his physical body would still need to be conditioned and trained to fight. Even if we assume that DNA can hold a person's memories, would 6% be enough to give Bishop all of her memories? Then what about the Ava clones, who were all created from the same DNA? The whole premise of this twist is ridiculous. Also, I hate it when the villain repeatedly fools the heroes, who act dumber than usual.

In addition to being an incompetent captain, Ava is apparently an incompetent interrogator. I think her breakdown scene is supposed to show vulnerability and make Ava more likeable, but I just found it annoying how gullible she was to believe Bishop. 

Love is blind - as proved by Sara's description of Ava as "the most intelligent and funny and loving person that I have ever met," which is not the Ava that I've watched on Legends.

Bishop is even more annoying than Ava and Gary. And this Sara clone seems less intelligent and street savvy than the original Sara.

The scene of Mick Rory giving birth through his nostrils was not fun or funny to me. It was just gross. I couldn't even watch it.

Constantine's self-destructive descent into darkness reached its nadir. I'm not looking forward to watching Zari's upcoming heartbreak and the end of their relationship. The only upside of this story arc is that it provides a showcase for their acting. Once again, Matt Ryan and Tala Ashe showed why they're the best - or two of the best - actors on Legends (imo).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Where's Kayla? She just left the babies? I'm not sure there's enough space on the ship for 48 aliens. And where's Behrad?

As expected, this whole Bishop story is to bring up Ava's clone insecurity again. And Sara once again have to play cheerleader and tell her how wonderful she is. It doesn't matter that Sara is dead and replaced with a clone/alien, and the person who killed and violated her is on the ship. All that matters is Ava feel better about herself. And why is Sara always apologizing to Ava, even for things that are not her fault?

I don't like this blind faith Sara has in Ava's capability. Assuming Ava's strong enough to play mind games with Bishop when she's not. Bishop played Ava like a fiddle the whole time. Someone neutral like Nate should have interrogated Bishop. Not Ava who's too close to Bishop, and not even Sara because she would have just killed him again.

If Bishop made Ava and Sara and is their "father", does that make Sara and Ava "sisters"? Lol.

They better not make Sara pregnant or something with her liking the pregnancy juice.

Is this the 73648274726th time Gideon's security has been overridden?

Bishop filled 6% of his DNA with Sara's and now knows what she knows. So he has all her memories now (e.g. the security code)? He apparently fights like her. Does that make him part Sara, if a person's memories make them who they are?

• Love 1

I found the episode mostly very entertaining. Rory giving "birth" was especially funny to watch.

But I have to say that scene with John getting beaten to a bloody pulp near the end was taking the violence a bit too far - it was uncharacteristically brutal for this show. Don't get me wrong: I like that there are some darker storylines around as well, but this scene, in its severity, just felt out of place in "Legends of Tomorrow".

Looking forward to what's coming next.

Edited by Lambsilencer
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

From now on anyone who needs to detox does it in the medbay on the Waverider.

Thank you! I would think that Rip Hunter would have some great rehab programs in the medbay.

13 hours ago, tvwatchergordis said:

I though that was just happening inside of John's head.

So, last week they were jonesing to get to the earth and this week they just wander around on the  ship. Seems like they could have done that in space.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Where was Behrad? If something happened in the previous episode, I honestly forgot about that.

3 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Where's Kayla? She just left the babies? I'm not sure there's enough space on the ship for 48 aliens. And where's Behrad?

Last week at the end of the ep he told Zari 2.0 that he was travelling to the future to visit with their parents for a while. No idea why he couldn't just travel back to the moment he left, but apparently the writers felt there are too many cast members on the ship with the addition of Bishop?

No idea why Kayla knocked Mick out and then fled. Does she know what Bishop has planned?

Between the birthing scene and Constantine being knocked around to near-death, the last third of the episode was difficult to watch.

• Love 1

Yeah, I had trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Bishop now having 6% of Sara's DNA in him somehow made him not only knowledgable about the Waverider's security system (granted, knowing the Legends, the password for their laptops are probably password123), but be able to match Sara in a fight.  And I know we've seen so much weird shit on this show that this might seem trivial, but it just bugged me.  But most of it is probably just because I find Bishop dull as a likely big baddie.  Nothing against the actor who is doing what he can (of course, I'm bias since he's apparently dating/married to Tala Ashe in real life, so he's clearly got a lot going for him!), but I'm just over the whole "eccentric tech bro" archetype, and the show hasn't really added anything new here, despite the, well, unique setting.

And while I realistically understand why Ava's insecurities about being a clone would flare up here, it was annoying watching Sara once again have to be the one to apologize (for reasons I didn't quite figure out) and be stuck in the supportive role because of it.  Granted, it's always ironic when Sara has to be the cheerleader for someone, when you consider all of the shit she's been through.  I guess that comes with the territory when one is the captain!

At least Mick's delivery was a success, even if it wasn't pretty!

Looks like "The Beast" or whatever it is has taken over Constantine for good, so I have to imagine that will play a huge part in these final episodes.  Matt Ryan is doing great work here at least and he (and Tala Ashe/Zari) are easily making this the most compelling part of these last episodes.

Missed Behrad and also felt that there was a lack of Nate here, which sucks because he really has grown on me this season.  Of course, you know who really probably would have been great here?  Ray.  Definitely finding absence to be noticeable right now. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Missed Behrad and also felt that there was a lack of Nate here, which sucks because he really has grown on me this season.  Of course, you know who really probably would have been great here?  Ray.  Definitely finding absence to be noticeable right now. 

Oh man, Ray would have been so great here, this show really needs someone to look after everyone with that special Ray kind of charm. 

I can sympathize with Ava's issues around being a clone and feeling like she doesent have a traditional family, but falling hook line and sinker for Bishops transparent manipulation was just embarrassing, especially after she was really feeling herself with her serial killer knowledge. It also made Sara look stupid for sending Ava in there with someone with someone she has such a personal connection with instead of someone like Nate or Astra, who have no connection with him beyond him being the most recent bad guy. Then of course we get more of Ava's clone angst, and while I thought her panic attack after Bishop was messing with her was well done, it just continues the theme of Sara having to constantly reassure and gush all over Ava all of the time and everything being about Ava and how Ava's feeling, while no one ever asks how Sara feels about having to face the guy who killed and cloned her without her consent, no one even thinks about how that might make her feel. At least this allowed them to use Ava's cloneness and Bishop being her creator in an interesting way, while Bishop creating the Ava clones felt really gratuitous when we went to the Ava Planet. 

Bishop is just really not an interesting character so I am not thrilled having him back. He's just off the assembly line of the "douchy eccentric tech bro" characters, without anything really interesting to him to make him stand out. Then him playing everyone like a fiddle, and Gideon apparently having no way to override a voice activations code (despite the fact that the Legends have been possessed or such multiple times so that would be a good idea) didnt really make him look like a mastermind, it just made everyone look dumb. Now he has his hooks in John because no one thought to not bring up John's crippling addiction front of the supervillain and Ava and Sara actually bought into him wanting to make nice. Also, Bishop has 6% of Sara's DNA? Even by comic book science that's pretty ridiculous, especially because that apparently lets him match Sara in a martial arts battle which is...really not how DNA works. 

I cant decide what I cringed at more, Mick giving birth to a bunch of slugs through his nose, or John being beaten half to death by his darker self. I guess it was more of a gross cringe with the birth and wince cringe with John, he was looking seriously rough. I do really like that John's story is being playing really seriously and that Zari/Astra/Spooner all figured out what was going on with him and tried to help, even if it didnt go well. Poor John, its hard to watch him suffering so much and trying so hard to get better, only for his dark side and Bishop to manipulate him at his most vulnerable, but Matt Ryan is knocking this out of the park. 

Liked Sara and Nate playing chess, even if it was a part of some pretty bad choices by Sara and Ava, I wish we could have had a bit more of Nate this week, and I missed Behrad. For all my complaints I did think that this was a good episode and I am glad that they did a bottle episode to focus on character stuff before things get crazier. 

Where did Kayla go? 

• Love 3

I don't find anything about Bishop entertaining in the least, and most of all, I hate his singing and his singsonging speaking.  I do wonder if that's a character thing, an acting choice, or if it's written into the script.  It's irritating.

It looks like there are only two episodes left?  At the beginning of the season, it looked like each case of the week was going to be about tracking down a different alien and getting rid of it.  Seems like we started out that way, but have now just devolved into an impending battle against a boring bad guy.  Kind of disappointing.

I miss the days when the team would actually travel to different points in history to save the timeline.  I want them to fight historical villains again.  Still waiting for Mary Tudor to appear on this show. 

• Love 4

I just can't seem to connect with this season. I dislike Mick's story. I dislike the fact we don't have original Zari most of the time and new Zari is just there to be a love interest for Con. I dislike the fact we have to deal with Ava's clone insecurities for the millionth of time. I hope next season is better. 

• Love 2