Type keyword(s) to search

Run, It's Coming! Season Two of Loki

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

Speculation on season two of Loki is allowed here, including discussion of what's happened in the comics - none of this is written in stone, so it's all speculation at this point! Thank you.

• Start Topic

Since many Loki variants physically look like Tom Hiddleston, it stands to reason we will see other Classic / Old variants that look like Richard E. Grant in season 2 ... So to quote the Greyjoys - What is dead may never die

• Love 2

Since season two is going to link with Thor: Love and Thunder, maybe Loki or any of the show’s characters will get a post-credits secret cameo? Or at the very least, maybe we’ll get a Thor appearance in season two?

Either way, I’m hoping Gator Loki or Kid Loki will come back!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Since season two is going to link with Thor: Love and Thunder, maybe Loki or any of the show’s characters will get a post-credits secret cameo? Or at the very least, maybe we’ll get a Thor appearance in season two?

But will it be Loki meeting different Thor & Jane variants? Maybe Thor that lost the D.B. Cooper bet...

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Either way, I’m hoping Gator Loki or Kid Loki will come back!

Is it supposed to link with Love and Thunder?  The only movie I heard that it might link with was Multiverse of Madness.

(edited)

We know from the Deadline article that Loki director Kate Herron will not be returning to direct Season 2. Now a recent tweet by head writer Michael Waldron has people wondering if he's returning for Season 2...

If they get both a new head writer/showrunner and a new director for Season 2, then the next season could be completely different, although they'd still have to resolve the loose ends from the first season (as well as deal with any feature film ramifications).

ETA: According to this June 8, 2021 media report, Tom Hiddleston said in an Empire magazine interview that he will not be appearing in Thor: Love and Thunder.  However, that does not necessarily rule out the possibility of an end credits cameo or there being some connection between the two projects.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I don't trust any of the Marvel actors anymore. They lie. Except for Ruffalo and Tom Holland who can't stop accidentally giving everything away.

Well, Loki kind of left off in a place where it'd be a little difficult to see Loki making appearances in other Marvel stuff for the moment.  He'd just outed himself as an outside in the new TVA and Mobius was calling guards to grab him.  Figure that situation needs to be dealt with before Loki can show up in other stuff.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, johntfs said:

Well, Loki kind of left off in a place where it'd be a little difficult to see Loki making appearances in other Marvel stuff for the moment.  He'd just outed himself as an outside in the new TVA and Mobius was calling guards to grab him.  Figure that situation needs to be dealt with before Loki can show up in other stuff.

THR has an article that Loki is “expected” to appear in Dr. Strange 2 (which will apparently be released before season 2 of this show is), although the article notes that Marvel has not confirmed it yet.  I guess it could be a variant or could be “our” Loki, so who knows.  I saw some post where someone mentioned that Tom Hiddleston said earlier this year that he was playing Loki on his 40th birthday, and that lined up with DS2 filming.

With so much movie stuff left to happen between now and any Season 2, and the creative team involved not necessarily being locked down either, I have no predictions for Season 2, but this is what I personally would like to see and probably won’t get:

- I would love for S2 to pick up immediately after that S1 cliffhanger.  Most shows that I’ve seen drop a bombshell like we saw at the TVA (and for the record, I do think that was just a classic, wonderful season-ending cliffhanger—“Who are you? What’s you’re name?”—just a stomach-twisting turn) have the next season pick up months or even often years later, and it’s always such a deflating copout (to me) because as a fan, I get interested in the emotional fallout of the bombshell (what are the characters going to do next in response???).  But when we see the characters again, they’ve moved onto something totally different.  If our Loki is in DS2, the odds of me getting my wish here are 0%.

- I think I want this new TVA to be an altered version of “our” TVA (as in, the workers have been brainwashed yet again).  That may be just because I am still hoping to see Loki enchant Mobius in the manner that Sylvie enchanted either B-15 or C-20.  Either way it is depicted, I think that would be a moving scene, and I was a tad disappointed we didn’t get it in S1 or one last reference to “Chekov’s jet ski.”  (I don’t think Mobius ever had a jet ski in his real life:  I think he was on the verge of getting it before he was taken, and that’s why it eats at him now.)

- I guess I’m in the minority, but I don’t need to see Gator Loki again, or even Kid Loki.  I found their episode absolutely delightful, but I don’t need to revisit it.  I think that there are new delightful things they could do that would be in the same spirit, without a retread.

- I really liked in the finale when Loki said he didn’t want power; he just wanted Sylvie to be okay, and I’m more than okay with S2 involving Loki trying to save her (their) soul on this front, but please no more romance between them.  It’s too weird, and was one of the most off-putting parts of the show for me.  I know some people (including, apparently, the showrunner) adore it, but I just can’t with them as a romance.  

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 7

Well if Tom is gonna be in Doctor Strange 2, it should be interesting to see how that affects Loki S2. For example, if the shoe starts from where it left off in S1 or we see Loki coming back from his adventures with DS then deaks with a Kang variant is left to be seen I guess. As for Loki and Sylvie, I’m not shipping them. I like them more as frenemies. We’ll see if they full out go for romance in S2 or the writers stick to the relationship, Sylvie and Loki have now.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, tvwatchergordis said:

Well if Tom is gonna be in Doctor Strange 2, it should be interesting to see how that affects Loki S2. For example, if the shoe starts from where it left off in S1 or we see Loki coming back from his adventures with DS then deaks with a Kang variant is left to be seen I guess. As for Loki and Sylvie, I’m not shipping them. I like them more as frenemies. We’ll see if they full out go for romance in S2 or the writers stick to the relationship, Sylvie and Loki have now.

Doctor Strange comes out March 25, 2022.  Assuming Tom Hiddlestone was filming scenes for Loki S2, then Loki S2 could come out in January/Feb 2022 to set up Dr. Strange.  I think it's actually much more likely that that Hiddleston was doing voice work for What If? as Loki or something else.  Everything I've read says that Loki Season 2 doesn't have a director right now and is just doing writing at best.  I wouldn't expect Loki Season 2 until maybe summer/fall of next year.

• Love 1

I think thematically Loki is linked to several other movies, but in actual execution it won't be at all. 

Jonathan Majors will appear multiple times.  One or more of him may be referred to onscreen by a common name.  But he doesn't HAVE to be the same person.  Loki could be dealing with a Kang, even one named such, while Ant-Man deals with a totally different Kang, even still named that.  Dr. Strange may not need more than a second of Loki, and the movie certainly doesn't need Kang to move its action along, because Wanda Maximoff may be the threat in front of him.  Or Mephisto. Or whoever. 

I think the direct story of Loki Season 2 will unfold in such a way that the rest of the MCU is never aware of it.  Just like Season 1 did.  The rest of the MCU will deal with timelines, but won't even be aware that this wasn't even a possibility until recently. Or Wanda will take the blame as a Nexus, without onscreen acknowledgement of if she could have done this earlier in the MCU timeline. 

• Love 5

If they are need to get (maybe they already have some folks in mind but aren't releasing, yet?) new director and possibly head writer, then I imagine this project gets pushed out (late 2022 or even 2023).  Tom said they are in "deep discussions about the next season", whatever that means.  Certainly, I think they'll place the series around the movies, and with it's success, can tease and anchor as a draw (like Mando is for the Star Wars universe) to D+.  I also think it will heavily depend on if and how much Loki is in Dr Strange 2 (is it a full billed role fighting along with Strange and Wanda, or more of a cameo or mid scene?), and what/how much the s2 story needs to feed the rest of the MCU? This s1 was HUGE for that, but I wonder if that is going to be true moving forward.  The balance is challenging. I loved season 1, but some fan criticisms that Loki's internal story was accelerated to detriment and somewhat sacrificed at the altar of the MCU big machine isn't totally unfair. The piece of fan criticism I totally disagree with is that Loki was mischaracterized or went "soft".  Avengers Loki isn't, IMO, Loki's long term personality...end of Thor/Avengers Loki was pained and digging a deep well of anger at the revelations of his origins and feeling like he was alone, and he made some AWFUL shitty decisions.  We've seen that Loki and Thor grew up together, Loki fought beside Thor, so that amplification of their issues, isn't, IMO, the core of the character.  I'm glad with the direction they went in the series; Loki is always mercurial, but emotionally grounded (even if that emotion is broken).  

I'm interested too in the dichotomy of Thor and Loki.  There seems to be some clear push (some of Tom's interviews for example) that the story of the brothers is important contextual history, but the story is done. We've been told Loki is not in Love and Thunder (per Tom, but we know not to trust much of what these guys say...and Tom has been clever about how he answers questions). I think their connection in the movies was always magic, and I wonder how some of that can be pulled into the series. 

I too am here for more of the TVA stuff (Mobius and B15 in particular), and I would love more of Sylvie less as a love interest, more as a foil for Loki (friendship and care with tenuous trust because of their own shit). If I had to pick something that didn't work for me, that romance piece was it.  Tom and Sophia sold the hell out of it, but it didn't move me or felt earned.  I would also like to see more about Loki himself (how does he feel about his Jotun roots, does he know what Thor is up to, etc etc) contained independently without a huge connector to the larger mythology and world building. I love Loki b/c I love Loki (and b/c I love Tom), not just because he is an integral player in the larger MCU.  The tonality is going to change for sure b/c Heron's visuals and female gaze were so strong and affecting. I am okay with different, so long as it is just as strong, beautiful, and emotional grounding.  Gimme some more of that Loki sass too...it is part of what makes him fun. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think I have a lot of confidence in the showrunners to have a lot of excitement for a second season.
(It appears some higher ups didn't either, since some showrunners will not be returning.)

My problems with show were with some of the basic premises. The acting, sets, etc, were good.  The foundation, not so much: 

1. Loki is a thousand-year-old 'god' of mischief , but he does a heel turn in a few days time because he watched a video clip of the 'supposed' remainder of his life? He did not experience any of those life-altering moments.  The Loki snatched from the 2012's Avenger's movie would have acted completely different. 
  2. Loki altered the timeline, which alerted the TVA, just by escaping in 2012? Not any time-travel hijinks like the Avengers were doing? So a person could get snatched by the TVA for any normal change in action, like ordering a muffin instead of your regular bagel?
  3. If Sylvie is a Loki, she should be called 'Loki'. All the others were.  I know they are trying to get around the name confusion and the twin-cest , but really: she is the Loki from her timeline or she is not. 
  4. Loki and Sylvie somehow won and defeated the TVA by reaching the Castle At The End Of Time?  Like in a video game? The Big Bad was defenseless after that? If they were a such a threat, they could have been killed (or discorporated) when they were captured earlier. 
  5. The Big Bad wasn't much more than a monomaniacal monologue-r.  He was dispatched with a sharp object..  If Sylvie wanted to know if he was telling the truth, she could have used her enchantment powers. (As she had done so many times before.)  
  6. There were way too many 'office meetings' throughout the entire show for a supposed action-adventure series. 
Edited by shrewd.buddha
fixed typo
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

I don't think I have a lot of confidence in the showrunners to have a lot of excitement for a second season.
(It appears some higher ups didn't either, since some showrunners will not be returning.)

My problems with show were with some of the basic premises. The acting, sets, etc, were good.  The foundation, not so much: 

1. Loki is a thousand-year-old 'god' of mischief , but he does a heel turn in a few days time because he watched a video clip of the 'supposed' remainder of his life? He did not experience any of those life-altering moments.  The Loki snatched from 2012's Avenger's movie would have acted completely different. 
  2. Loki altered the timeline and altered the TVA just by escaping in 2012? Not any time-travel hijinks like the Avengers were doing? So a person could get snatched by the TVA for any normal change in action, like ordering a muffin instead of your regular bagel?
  3. If Sylvie is a Loki, she should be called 'Loki'. All the others were.  I know they are trying to get around the name confusion and the twin-cest , but really: she is the Loki from her timeline or she is not. 
  4. Loki and Sylvie somehow won and defeated the TVA by reaching the Castle At The End Of Time?  Like in a video game? The Big Bad was defenseless after that? If they were a such a threat, they could have been killed (or discorporated) when they were captured earlier. 
  5. The Big Bad wasn't much more than a monomaniacal monologue-r.  He was dispatched with a sharp object..  If Sylvie wanted to know if he was telling the truth, she could have used her enchantment powers. (As she had done so many times before.)  
  6. There were way too many 'office meetings' throughout the entire show for a supposed action-adventure series. 

1.  Loki of 2012 saw himself as the "master manipulator."  The video (and the powerless Infinity Stones casually tossed into somebody's desk drawer) slapped that mindset out of him.  He recognized that instead of being the "grand chess master" he was just a tool the TVA used to get the Avengers that they wanted.  Then he got his neck snapped by Thanos.  End of "glorious purpose."

2. Got it in one.  If Gavrilo Princip decided not to go to a deli, WWI doesn't happen, or at least it doesn't happen the way it did in "the Sacred Timeline" AKA actual history.

3.  People can be who they choose to be.  Should we still call Eliot Page "Ellen?"

4-5.  You've missed the point of what the "Big Bad" wanted.  "He-Who-Remains" was tired of "remaining."  Loki and Sylvie weren't overthrowing a tyrant or rebelling against an emperor.  That whole business was a job interview as far as He-Who-Remains was concerned.  He wanted to be replaced.  He wanted his rule to end, even if that end meant death by sharp object.

6.  I was fine with a few more talky scenes and office meetings.  We really didn't need yet another "big thingie falling down giant sky beam."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4
(edited)

#7.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Point-versus-counterpoint can be interesting ... but also annoying when someone is reacting to each and every post made by a user. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

1.  Loki of 2012 saw himself as the "master manipulator."  The video (and the powerless Infinity Stones casually tossed into somebody's desk drawer) slapped that mindset out of him.  He recognized that instead of being the "grand chess master" he was just a tool the TVA used to get the Avengers that they wanted.  Then he got his neck snapped by Thanos.  End of "glorious purpose."

2. Got it in one.  If Gavrilo Princip decided not to go to a deli, WWI doesn't happen, or at least it doesn't happen the way it did in "the Sacred Timeline" AKA actual history.

3.  People can be who they choose to be.  Should we still call Eliot Page "Ellen?"

4-5.  You've missed the point of what the "Big Bad" wanted.  "He-Who-Remains" was tired of "remaining."  Loki and Sylvie weren't overthrowing a tyrant or rebelling against an emperor.  That whole business was a job interview as far as He-Who-Remains was concerned.  He wanted to be replaced.  He wanted his rule to end, even if that end meant death by sharp object.

6.  I was fine with a few more talky scenes and office meetings.  We really didn't need yet another "big thingie falling down giant sky beam."

Some good points here. 

I've noticed a lot of people turned on this show who expected an Avengers film on TV rather than a detailed character study.  The same happened with WandaVision.  

I DO agree with some of the objections out there that 2012 Loki wasn't the ideal version of him to change so much.  But it is was it is, because a preexisting choice in the movies stuck them with that version.  

I DO agree that seeing how small and irrelevant his actions were definitely made sense to break down his ego.  Even just Thanos managed to do that with the main MCU Loki, so it makes even more sense with an infinitely more powerful antagonist (at least in theory that much more powerful, even if in actuality it consisted of very long lived humans). 

There seem to be a distinct set of people who love the talky talky finale, but we may be a minority. It being that actually sent a pretty specific message, that all of the bashing and shooting are sometimes just the distractions from the real things going on.  But I'm not sure that message reverberates with people who love the MCU specifically for bashy and shooty things. 

• Love 1

It being that actually sent a pretty specific message, that all of the bashing and shooting are sometimes just the distractions from the real things going on.

Based on reading around, the problem wasn't the talking vs. bashing/shooting for most of us who didn't like the finale. The problem was the large amount of screentime given to a brand new character who we didn't care about at the expense of showing us what was happening to the characters we do care about. Also, the writer's failure to set up a compelling dilemma that would justify the Sylvie/Loki fight and the choice to sideline our Loki from the climactic, universe-altering action. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

Also, the writer's failure to set up a compelling dilemma that would justify the Sylvie/Loki fight and the choice to sideline our Loki from the climactic, universe-altering action. 

Agreed. When Sylvie entered the Castle At The End OF Time, she was fulfilling a destiny she had been working on since she had been snatched by the TVA as a child.  At that point, our MCU Loki sort of became her tag-along companion (in my opinion).
Sylvie had a mission and was making things happen. Loki seemed to spend most of his time just reacting to events, trying to survive, and being told how things work. 
Side question: How long would it take a Norse god to age from looking like a adolescent to a thirty-ish looking person? 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

Based on reading around, the problem wasn't the talking vs. bashing/shooting for most of us who didn't like the finale. The problem was the large amount of screentime given to a brand new character who we didn't care about at the expense of showing us what was happening to the characters we do care about. 

Do you mean Sylvie, or He Who Remains? 

If it's the later, that's a curious objection, since the "Final Boss" narrative structure is a pretty established one in our culture. 

If you mean Sylvie, and mean that you think she took too much focus from Loki, then I get it, although since she was put back into the antagonist slot she'd had earlier in the season, I wasn't really surprised at her screentime.

I did wish we'd gotten a bit more Mobius, but since we were never going to get that Jetski ending, I understand why they pulled back a lot on following him. 

I meant He Who Remains for the character with too much screentime, but the "at the expense of" is also key. I think the lengthy monologue is very different from a traditional Final Boss set up, but I don't think I would have minded it had it been revealing interesting things about Loki/Sylvie/TVA/Mobius to me. I also don't think I would have minded it had Loki been involved in the universe-altering action that it led to.

But taken altogether, the choices sidelined the characters we'd been watching. Loki is the most problematic, but even seeing so little of the resolution at the TVA was problematic to me for a series finale. It's so bizarre to me that I don't genuinely believe the creative team really didn't know there was a second season. The choices make perfect sense for a cliffhanger ending to lead to another season. They make no sense for an end to a complete story.

• Love 6
(edited)

Ooh, I’ve got one more thing for my own personal S2 wishlist:  I wish that Loki would have a chance to shower and change.  He looked good in that TVA-issued suit-and-tie this season (good, consistent uniform for a protagonist that we are meant to relate to), but yikes, that uniform and the guy in it were looking rough by season end.  There was a lot of blood and dirt on it.  Just time window into a 5-star hotel room and get that situation cleaned up.

Edited by Peace 47
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Tom Hiddleston Teases Loki's Quest For Sylvie In Season 2
By Savannah Sanders   August 05, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/loki-tom-hiddleston-sylvie-season-2-quest

According to Empire Magazine, Hiddleston claimed that Season 2 Loki won't just be searching for Sylvie, but also bearing the weight of what happened in the finale and "invested in setting it right:"

"I don't think he will stop searching [for Sylvie] now. He feels that this is something he has done, a mistake that he has made, and he's invested in setting it right."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I don't have any predictions for season two. Just wishes. I wish season two would be more like what the first two episodes of season one promised us. A "buddy" type show with Loki and Mobius.  And sorry show. While I don't "ship" them, the relationship between Loki and Mobius is the only real thing it's got going for it. And if Father/son was what they were going for, they never should have cast Owen Wilson. Even with a grey wig, OW looks at best, five years older than TH. Plus, he has a very "youthful" onscreen presence. I see Loki and Mobius as friends and peers. Even though Loki is at least a thousand years older.

I'd be totally good with never seeing Sylvie again. Not sorry. 

But bring back Old Loki and Kid Loki to pop in.

And that's all I got.

• Love 7

I'm not sure how the TVA would work in s2, especially since MoM will have been out by that point.  But it was by far the best setting and I would love to see more of Casey, Hunter 15, etc.  Even Ravonna.  As much as I loved the Loki/Mobius dynamic, this is an entirely different Mobius, so the relationship would be different.

Would love to see Jotun Loki in action at least once.  I don't know why they didn't show anything from the first film when the events in it were so important.  

Sylvie has potential as a character, but they need to let that forced romance go.  It doesn't help that Loki and Sylvie's origins only lead to more questions that don't get answered and that just leads to more weirdness.  Not to mention how forced it was and seeing Loki wallow after Sylvie got old.  The actors did the best they could, but keeping these two as friends would be a task in itself, let alone them being romantic.  And if Sylvie is staying around, they need to flesh her out.  "Badass girl version" of Loki isn't enough for me.

Unpopular opinion: alligator Loki was overrated, so I'm cool with not seeing him again.  I'd be fine seeing the other Loki variants though.  Pretty sure Kid Loki will be back.

• Love 4

Kevin Feige Gives Update on ‘Loki’ Season 2, Says Director Search Will Begin Shortly
BY ADAM CHITWOOD    AUGUST 19, 2021
https://collider.com/loki-season-2-update-filming-when-kevin-feige-interview/ 

We don’t know much about Loki Season 2 thus far, aside from the fact that Hiddleston will obviously be returning, and director Kate Herron has confirmed that she will not be back to helm the second season. But fans are eagerly anticipating when we’ll get to return to the world of Loki, so when Collider’s Steve Weintraub spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige during the press day for Marvel’s new film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, he asked Feige for an update on Loki Season 2. The Marvel executive was characteristically tight-lipped, but did confirm development is underway and the hope is to retain much of the same team that made Season 1 of the series:

“It is underway. We’re developing it as we speak. The hope is that much of the same team will return. Kate is going on to bigger and better things, so the director search will begin shortly.”

As for when Loki Season 2 might start filming, Feige promised he’s “not being evasive” but said he’s “not sure exactly where it falls between next year and the year after.” So production could begin as soon as 2022, or it might not go before cameras until 2023, which means an even longer wait until it’s on Disney+.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I don't think it's even been confirmed that Owen Wilson will be back. I think many people are just assuming he will be. He's got a pretty busy schedule though, so he could be one of the reasons for a delay ? Hey, they could always use a different actor as a Mobius variant, but that would not go over well. 

I'm not gonna lie about it- I think Marvel knows they need Owen almost as much as they need Tom.

Hopefully, they'll get it filmed and back onscreen within two years.

• Love 2

I can understand them not locking in the director because directors can be replaced. I don't understand Feige et al not locking in actors for the key characters who have unfinished stories... which is basically all of the main characters.

All I want from s2 is for a satisfying resolution: Sylvie's nexus event, Mobius on a jet ski, canon-explanation of why Loki variants can look so different/Sylvie seems to be the only female variant, and Loki to make any significant actions or choices that resolve the plotline in the finale.

• Love 3

'He doesn't recognise him!' Tom Hiddleston leaves fans speculating that Loki's second season will see the anti-hero reuniting with Mobius after THAT nail-biting cliffhanger
By GABRIELLA FERLITA     23 October 2021
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10123815/Tom-Hiddleston-confirms-Comic-season-2-Loki-begin.html 

Season one of Loki finished on a nail-biting cliffhanger, with Loki discovering at the end of the episode that his world's timeline had been rewritten. 

And Tom Hiddleston has hinted that season two will begin with that famous finale scene, where Loki approaches Mobius - who fails to recognise him.

The Loki actor, 40, recounted the season one finale scene in full on stage at Comic Con, London on Saturday, where the star said: 'I guess we'll start from there!'
Unable to give anymore away about the upcoming new series, the Golden Globe Award winner said: 'Okay so look, we can't say anything unfortunately, but at the end of episode six, season one, Loki comes back to TVA.

'He's quite traumatised, he's quite emotional, and he tries to explain what happens to Mobius, and Mobius doesn't recognise him.

'And then he turns to look at the statue of the timekeepers, but it's not a statue of the timekeepers, it's a statue of someone else... And I guess we'll start from there,' he revealed.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Season 2 of Loki was part of the Disney Plus Day special announcements on Nov. 12.

If you have Disney+, you can watch the Marvel Studios' 2021 Disney Plus Day Special here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2021 at 8:38 AM, tv echo said:

'He doesn't recognise him!' Tom Hiddleston leaves fans speculating that Loki's second season will see the anti-hero reuniting with Mobius after THAT nail-biting cliffhanger
By GABRIELLA FERLITA     23 October 2021
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10123815/Tom-Hiddleston-confirms-Comic-season-2-Loki-begin.html 

Well, whether you see Loki's writers as "good" or "bad", since season two was green lit at the start, they must already have at least a rough outline of where they are going. But that could change.

All that to say, I don't think Tom knows anything definite about season 2.

• Love 1

UK Greenlit: Tom Hiddleston Returns in ‘Loki’ + Clooney’s ‘Boys in the Boat’
BY LAURENCE COOK | LAST UPDATED: JAN. 31, 2022
https://www.backstage.com/uk/magazine/article/tom-hiddleston-returns-in-loki-clooney-boys-in-the-boat-74632/

Loki
Marvel’s series starring Tom Hiddleston returns for a second instalment. Following the mercurial villain as he continues his work as god of mischief, the action is set across the Marvel multiverse. The casting department is likely to be led again by Sarah Finn and Krista Husar, with Jacqueline Gallagher, Gregory Korn, and Lory Shaye. Shooting begins this summer at Pinewood. 

• Love 1