Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Previously On

• Start Topic

Loved the Previously format to show what we'd "missed" (even though it never aired). Pretty ingenious.

English actress Cush Jumbo doing an American trying to sound English was funny.

Hard to get super-involved in a "recap" of stuff that never was, but I liked it well enough as amuse bouche.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Loved the Previously format to show what we'd "missed" (even though it never aired). Pretty ingenious.

Sometimes I feel as if this show is written by Ellsbeth Tascioni.

I liked the concept, even if some of it was just weird for the sake of weird (Jay's Covid storyline), and am glad that was used to wrap up the Memo 618 story because it was not great. 

I'm also glad that they were able to give Lucca a nice send off.  I always thought she was one of the best things about the middling last season of The Good Wife, and really liked the actress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Goodness me I've missed this glorious show.

I loved this episode, I'm looking forward to what this season brings.

I also love how peaceful those end credits were. All those cute animals. I guess that signals the Biden era for this show.

Edited by Quark
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Frederick Douglass was not one to be ragging on somebody's hair. Not with his unruly mess.

A Birkin bag in exchange for a bagel. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Julius got a pardon too. Of course.

Loved the end credits!

So is that really it for Lucca and Boseman? Those will be some big shoes to fill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

S5-E1 did not disappoint in any way ! It dealt with the past 15 months, gave two appropriate good-byes to two cast members who will be very missed, and ended a few storylines which slowed down last season (Memo 618 , and Adrian Boseman's affair with the the Judge). I'm hoping this is a sign that the series is back on track again for season 5.

And yes, the credits were adorable...a nice nod to the new Biden presidency. 

• Love 4
On 6/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, tunajune said:

Oh, that lovely Birkin bag made it to the next season.  I saw it for $21,695.00, used. . . excuse me, "pre-owned."

lol Did you buy it? 😉

• LOL 1
On 6/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So is that really it for Lucca and Boseman? Those will be some big shoes to fill

Too true. But don’t take Kurt away! I love the scenes with Diane and Kurt. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Why are those actors leaving?!

I loved the episode!!  I couldn't deal with the trauma of watching "This is Us" deal with 2020 but this was exactly up my alley!  I really like the tone of this show and I find it so intelligent! 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, tableau vivant said:

And yes, the credits were adorable...a nice nod to the new Biden presidency. 

I thought the credits were delightfully random, but I see your point.

I usually don't care for legal dramas, TGF is an exception. I found the treatment of 2020 so compelling. Until now, TGF has been a reaction to the Trump Presidency, I am fascinated by the direction the show is taking now.

Call me naive, but it's sad that this Law Firm can't take pride in being a firm where black, white, and other lawyers can work together,

Great acting by CB, particularly the scene where she reacted to RGB's death.😥

I watched this episode with my Mom, who loved that the show’s protagonist is an older woman.

I hope Diane goes back to practicing Aikido at some point.

I don't trust BIanca, she seems too much of a Fairy Godmother to Lucca, and I fear Lucca will be compelled to do something shady (or worse) as the CFO. 

On a shallow note, Diane has the best wardrobe this side of Chrisjen Avasarala on The Expanse.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2

So happy that the show is back, and on good form too, based on this first episode. I really liked the flashback to events we all lived through and were affected by and seeing how they affected our protagonists. Also, how happy I was to hear the theme song, I absolutely love it and enjoy the various visual iterations we had with it. On to the second episode!

• Love 3
On 7/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, TV Anonymous said:

I do not know about Delroy Lindo, but Cush Jumbo has a U.K.-produced series lining up on AMC - The Beast Must Die.

That was a one-off though, it’s done now, already aired in the UK (to air in the U.S. this month). She’s done UK series before in between filming for The Good Fight. Maybe she just wants to stay in the UK now?

• Useful 2
On 7/1/2021 at 10:29 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why are those actors leaving?!

Actress Cush Jumbo said she was leaving in early 2020, claiming she wanted to 'explore' other acting projects. She's done two crime thrillers so far: 'The Beast Must Die' and 'Stay Close'. 

Actor Delroy Lindo said he was leaving the show around the same time, after being offered the lead role of 'Harlem's Kitchen', a pilot sold to ABC. Unfortunately for Lindo, the pilot was not ordered to a full series from ABC for the upcoming season. So far, he's starred in the period film 'The Harder They Fall' which will be released this year.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’ve been watching this show for a few weeks. Never watched TGW but I’ve been loving this. I adore the three main leads. How great to have 3 mature actors shown as smart, vibrant, and sexy. I’m really going to miss Adrian and Lucca.  I guess Julius will be back to fill Adrian’s shoes?

I laughed at Diane being so superstitious about the election. I was right there with her. And I laughed at all the cute baby animals during the credits. Jay’s covid hallucination “poker table” gang was funny too.

On a shallow note, Diane has the best wardrobe this side of Chrisjen Avasarala on The Expanse

But Diane doesn’t swear as much.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2