Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Among other things, KM talked about how she felt when she found out that Mia would be retuning to the Arrowverse and how Flash showrunner Eric Wallace got her character right in "Armageddon" (I believe she's in the 5th and final episode of this crossover). She also said some nice things about Grant Gustin...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - November 30th
Golden Warrior   Nov 30, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Echo Kellum's new show...

Executive produced by Brooklyn Nine-Nine veterans Phil Augusta Jackson and Dan Goor, this East Los Angeles-set series follows a group of wine-loving friends (yes, it's sort of giving Cougar Town) as they navigate life and love, from hilariously and painfully failed proposals to potentially encountering a Black republican in the wild. As actor Garret Morris explains in the trailer below, the show aims to reveal that Black men have layers: "Our multitude got multitudes!" he proudly declares.
Here's who make up the show's titular crew: Arrow's Echo Kellum as the hopeless romantic Noah; comedian Nicole Byer as his bold sister Nicky, who's having fun playing the field; Nine-Nine story editor Carl Tart as "low-key genius" Sherm; Aaron Jennings (Pure Genius) as career-loving Anthony; Grasie Mercedes (Perfect Harmony) as the recently divorced Faye; and Justin Cunningham (When They See Us) as Wyatt, who's happily married and grateful that he's out of the dating game.

Edited by tv echo

Legend of the White Dragon: David Ramsey, Cerina Vincent & Jenna Frank Join The Cast
By MATTHEW AGUILAR - December 2, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/news/legend-of-the-white-dragon-david-ramsey-cerina-vincent-jenna-frank-join-the-cast/ 

Legend of the White Dragon isn't too far off now, and we've got some exciting casting news for the anticipated project. Joining the cast are David Ramsey (Arrow, The Flash), Cerina Vincent (Stuck in the Middle/Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy), and Jenna Frank (aka J-Rae, My Morphin Life), and they will be playing the roles of Mayor Trevon Sterns, Rebecca Reed, and Ashley Reed respectively. In the project, Jason David Frank plays Erik Reed, who is attempting to regain the power of the White Dragon to save the world from Dragon Prime, and Vincent will play his wife in the film while Jenna will play the role of his daughter.

"Everyone knows that JDF has been holding down the superhero, martial arts, and all-around bad-assery space for years so when he hit me to be part of what he and Bat In The Sun were doing I couldn't resist," Ramsey said. "We've talked about working together for some time and this was 100 percent the right time and the right project! It's the perfect bended universe and I can't wait for every fan of this genre and even the newcomers to watch and enjoy. We've got some surprises! It's something special!"
DAVID/MAYOR TREVON STERNS – After the White Dragon's devastating battle against Ashtagor, Mayor Trevon Sterns has taken office with a promise to protect Virtuo City, making sure such a tragedy never happens again and vowing to make the White Dragon (Erik Reed) pay for his crimes. The Mayor plays an important role, not just in this film, but in the larger story we hope to explore in future films as well.
You can find the official synopsis for Legend of the White Dragon below.

"The White Dragon, Erik Reed, has returned home to Virtuo City 3 years later after being defeated in a colossal battle against the ancient overlord, Ashtagor. The crystal he used to become the White Dragon was broken in two as a result of the epic battle, both pieces were subsequently lost. Being blamed for the destruction and collateral lives lost, his identity was outed after the battle thus making him a fugitive from the law. We now follow Erik on his journey as he teams up with treasure hunters from the past who help him reclaim his power as the White Dragon. Once reunited with his powers, he and his team are now ready to battle a new threat, Dragon Prime, who seeks revenge against the White Dragon. Erik must now try and defeat Dragon Prime in order to get one step closer to clearing his name and being able to protect his family from an ancient evil that still lurks in the darkness... Ashtagor."

ETA: The Legend of the White Dragon is a Power Rangers-inspired film, which began in 2019 as a Kickstarter campaign. By May 2020, the campaign reached its ultimate goal of $500,000, "solidifying Legend of the White Dragon for a feature film release." (source) The teaser trailer is supposed to be released today in connection with Jason David Frank's guest appearance at  L.A. Comic Con.

Edited by tv echo

Celebrities Who Found Best Friends in Their Costars
By Erin Crabtree December 1, 2021
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/celebrities-who-found-best-friends-in-their-costars-photos/stephen-amell-and-emily-bett-rickards/ 

Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards

Amell and Rickards played love interests on Arrow, but their relationship is purely platonic off screen. In fact, their friend group includes his wife, Cassandra Jean Amell.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of Saturday's Arrow panel at L.A. Comic Con...

"ARROW" Q&A with Candice Patton, Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz, Katrina Law & Neal McDonough
Rama's Screen    Dec 4, 2021

-- Mod: "How did the comics or the media influence your roles into getting ready for the series? Were you familiar with the comics? Were you familiar with the kind of mythology behind the characters and the storylines in the show? And if you weren't, did you kind of jump into it all? Did you use it as a reference to kind of mold how you would act on the show?
Katie Cassidy:
"For me personally, I did, um, when the time came, when it was appropriate to - uh, because when I first [unintelligible word] the show, my character had not obviously grown and transformed into the Black Canary. So I didn't want to get ahead of myself. But, yes, as soon as, you know, I felt like the timing was right and my character's journey began down that road, I - I read up a lot about it. I mean, I definitely knew the comic - comic book growing up, but I was more of a gamer, uh, growing up. But, uh, I definitely obviously educated myself and wanted to give, you know, as much of the hats off and kudos to the - to the comic and to the fans and do it as much justice as possible to make everybody happy. So, yeah, I definitely considered it when I was - when I was, um, you know, doing character back work and development."
Caity Lotz: "In terms of research, reading comic books is a pretty fun research thing. You were like, I guess I'll just have to read these comics. It's my job."
Katrina Law: "I think the same thing. By the time I came onto the show, Arrow was already kicking butt on TV. And, uh, nobody had heard of Nyssa. So we basically changed her a lot from the comic book version, and Greg Rucka and everybody, they were on board with that. So kind of being able to do what we wanted with here was a lot of fun. So I felt not as much pressure as somebody, say, the Canaries would, because their characters are a little more, um, according to bible. So, yeah, just having fun with freedom to do that and the fans allowing us to do that was pretty cool."
Neal McDonough: "As far as Damien Darhk, he was, you know, kind of an obscure character, uh, in comic books, so, uh, it really allowed us to delve in and make a - our own type of character with it. And Damien on Arrow was far different than Damien on Legends and on Flash. He was so much more serious and evil. But when I got to Legends and with Caity, uh, we lightened him up so much he became like, you know, Bad Dad Joke Super Villain, which was so much fun to play, uh, and I had a wonderful time doing it."

-- Mod: "With each of your particular characters and the personas that you took up throughout the series, um, how did you try to bring the character to life, whether you worked on it by yourself, like if it was just made for the series, or if it was for - or if it was an original comic character, how did you work towards - with the other cast as well - to bring to life the character to fit within the major storyline? Like, what did you like about the character that you did or what did you want to bring to it to invoke the type of persona?"
NM:
"Well, coming in - you know, playing opposite Stephen Amell, who is so driven to succeed and wants everything to be as great as possible, uh, I loved that atmosphere. I loved going into - you know, me being an athlete, you know, for as long as I was - it was like Game Day, walking in with Stephen. He was always so prepared. I was always so prepared. So the two of us had really kind of like heavyweight fights every time we - we came to set. But then when I went off to - to work with Caity and the rest of the crew on - on Legends and John Barrowman, how can you not smile and laugh and, you know, when you're around Barrowman? It's not possible. So it was a much lighter atmosphere. Both of them I enjoyed so much, uh, but both were so completely different in their approach to the character. And I loved it. I was so blessed to be able to play Damien, uh, for as long as I have. And now I'm back on Flash again, which has been a ton of fun -"
CL: "Yeah, I thought you were dead."
NM: "It's been great... How many times have I died? Does anyone know? I think it's four. I'm not sure."
KC: "I don't know. But you killed me."
NM: "I killed you once."
KC: "And they brought me back. I'm just saying." 
[tv echo: I had trouble hearing KC's words because Candice Patton walked onto the stage at this point, behind the seated panelists, and the audience was cheering very loudly.]
NM: "I'll say to Katie Cassidy one last time, I'm sorry!"
Candice Patton: "I'm not an Arrow cast mate, but - thanks for having me. Sorry to interrupt. Continue!"
KL: "Can I just take a moment to say, hi! It is so good to see your faces in person again after all of these years. (Cheers and applause) That's all I got."
Mod: "We were just talking about how each person up here brought to life their character and whether they were influenced by comics or influenced by the storyline in the actual series and how they were able to connect with that persona, with working with other people in the cast or just focusing on the character itself... I can ask you that same thing for your role as Iris on The Flash."
CP: "When I booked the role, I got really excited. I went to my local comic book store in Burbank and tried to do my research. Um, but very shortly after Geoff Johns was like, you know, we hired you for a reason. We feel like you bring the character to life. Um, so make it your own. And that's what I tried to do. So, yeah. And I think, just working with the other actors, we all created a chemistry and a bond and we all made it our own thing. So, yeah."
KC: "I was going to say, Lotz and I actually - which I do think was really interesting and helpful - we were roommates, uh, in Vancouver. So it was cool having - you know, playing sisters and then living together. Um, and being as tight as we were, I definitely feel like that played in - helped the, uh, chemistry, but, you know, just like the layers and the depth there. And same with Paul Blackthorne. No, I did not live with Paul Blackthorne... But he - working on back story and developing just, you know, what was the history like. And just together we sat down and we, you know, came up with this past - our whole life past. (To CL) You weren't there yet, but we did talk about you before you got there."
CP: "I lived with you, Caity. Who have you not lived with?"
(CL pointed to KL, who made a sad face.)
CL: "Yeah, that actually. (To KC) We were like - I guess we did go super Method. Because then it was like - you were like, that's my sweater, why don't you give my sweater back?... [Unintelligible exchange of words with KC)... I did. I gave it back. ... We did go Method. And then, yeah, Candice and Keiynan and I lived together."
KC: "Oh, and I lived with Danielle. Oh my gosh."
(Some joking about who NM lived with. He said, his wife.)
KL: "Um, I basically got my job because of Caity. So when we had our audition, neither one of us knew what they were setting us up for, and we both kind of walked into the audition, looked at each other, and went, let's give it a try. And I guess we had good chemistry and - thanks, Caity."
(CL hugged KL.)

-- Mod: "So, as I mentioned in the beginning, Arrow began and kick-started the Arrowverse for The CW, and kick-started shows such as The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. And it really has become the kick-starting thing of the DC multiverse in a way. It was the first live-action anything, really, for DC that introduced the concept of the multiverse outside of comics and in a way that, I think, made sense. ... How does it feel to be a part of such a large important piece of pop culture for DC, especially when you see the multiverse coming into movies, such as The Flash coming next year?"
KC:
"It's pretty frickin' awesome. Um, but also, I mean, I think everybody - so much gratitude. I have so much gratitude and I'm so blessed to have been, you know, even a tiny slice of this - of this giant high. Um, but also being able to like, you know, be here, making wonderful friends and being around amazing  other talent and individuals and people, and then coming out and being able to pay it back. And because it's - because of the fans, because of you guys, um, that we're here. So thank you. ... It's just an amazing feeling. Um, yeah, it's incredible."
NM: "Well, put it this way. Look at all of you people who are here today, uh, because you wanted to see us talk up on a panel... No, but, you know, we love you guys more than you could possibly imagine, because without you, there's no way we'd be here. You guys all came out today on a Saturday afternoon to show your love to us. So thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are amazing. We missed you guys more than you could imagine."
CP: "I think it's easy to forget. That's such a good point. When we're shooting in Vancouver nine months out of the year, we don't see you guys. We don't see your faces. And I haven't done a convention in so long and I miss being able to see the people who are watching these shows and to see how much you guys love these characters. I forget sometimes until I come and see this. (Gestures to audience) It's incredible. I mean, for me to play Iris West-Allen and to reimagine her as a Black woman and bring her into this century as, you know, someone that a lot of minorities can see and look up to. That's huge for me. I think it's really an awesome thing. I don't think I'll realize it until maybe 10 years after the show, like, the impact."
KC: "Right. You're still in shock."
CP: "I'm still in shock."
CL: "Yeah, I remember when Candice and I went out to lunch, like a month ago or something, and there's two young girls that like came up and wanted a picture. And they were crying and they were so happy and so excited. And like both Candice and I were kind of like - they left and we were like getting misty-eyed."
CP: "We like cried at the table."
CL: "Yeah, we were like, why are we crying? Because we hadn't been able to have any kind of fan interactions for so long because of COVID. And getting that like feedback because - if you're an actor on stage, like you get clapping and there's that connection and it's live. But on TV, it's like we - we -"
KC: "Crickets."
CL: "Yeah. Crew's not clapping."
KC: "Crickets. Cut. Let's go again."
CL: "So it's so nice and so important to be able to have that exchange and it's - it's quite fulfilling for us as well. So, yeah, thanks, guys."
KC: "Yeah, thank you, guys."

-- Mod: "With all of the seasons and episodes, is there - for each of you, is there a moment, whether it's a single moment or an episode, that you feel would define your particular character or, better yet, do you feel that there is an episode or a moment that really defines the spirit of the show Arrow as a whole?"
KC:
"Oh my gosh. There's so many."
KL: "When we were filming the finale for Arrow, um, I know it was the finale and it was super sad. Um, but it was so lovely having pretty much eight seasons worth of characters all come back and stand in one spot. And I just remember looking around and just thinking, I'm - I've been a part of something magical and it is like -"
KC: "You're going to make me emotional."
KL: "Like, Arrow and all of our shows, the spinoffs, The Flash and everything, it's just been - uh, Legends - it's lightning in a bottle. And it doesn't happen often. And having this experience in this entire world and community that we built together. I mean, like missing the fans, I know so many of these faces out there, it's ridiculous. I have seen you before, We have all seen you. We've held your children. We've watched our children grow."
KC: "A lot of proposals."
KL: "Yes. ... When I standing there during the funeral scene and just looking around at everybody, I just thought, this is a magical moment. Hold onto this, because this doesn't come around very often in life or in your career."
KC: "Gratitude."
NM: "For me, there were two moments. On Arrow, there was this really cool moment when I was fighting Stephen and I turned around and there's a sea of people about this size and I just move by hand and everyone falls down. It was one of the most surreal, coolest things I'd ever been a part of. But my favorite - and - and it choked me up so much when I did it, when I went back to do the wedding scene, uh, for Nora. But it was when I said good-bye to Caity that - you know, when we're shooting in Vancouver, the hours are really long. It's raining, it's cold. So you spend so much time with each other, getting to know each other. And I thought at that point, it was the last time I was going to be on these shows. I was wrong. At that moment, when I looked at Caity Lotz and I literally said, good-bye, it was a moment of all these years just wrapped up into this moment. And I remember being so choked up when I did that moment that I will never ever forget that."
CP: "I'm getting sad. I'm getting sad for the potential end of The Flash at some point. You guys are making me sad."
KC: "Oh, it's sad. I'm just saying, get ready for it."
CL: "It'll never end. It's going to go for 20 seasons."

-- Mod: "Well, what are your thoughts on the eventual ending of The Flash? Can you even envision - it's been on for eight years - do you feel like the ending, it can wrap up in a way that you can see fit - that it would be a fitting end to the series?"
CP:
"I mean, I hope so. My biggest hope is, we've all put so much time and effort into this thing and we love these characters and we know how much you love them... It would hurt me to walk away knowing that we didn't give it justice. I really think we have to - whenever that day comes, we have to give these characters and this story justice. For me, it would just make me a nice send-off, like, we did that, we wrapped it up, and we did it right. Yeah. I don't know when that day is coming. I have no idea. I think everybody kind of differs on, you know, their life and what they want. So - yeah, it's hard to say."

-- Mod: "Well, when Arrow ended the series and it was a very, I'm sure, an emotional time for the series to end, all, of course, the positive from the series, what were - just looking back on the seasons - what was probably the most challenging for you, um, on the show, whether it's dealing with your character or just - yeah, what were the challenges, I suppose, in bringing to life the series?"
KC:
"Well, I think - I think - well, challenges, you know, when you're starting a TV show, obviously the first season you're trying to find your legs and what exactly - what you are. Um, I feel like Season 2 we certainly had a hold on our show and what kind of show we were and that's when - (To CL) was it Season 2 or 3 when you died?"
CL: "Oh, when I died?"
KC: "Yeah."
CL: "Three."
KC: "So season when her character died, obviously it was very difficult for myself and my character, but also I feel really bad for the rest of the cast that was around me because I was a nightmare for the rest of the season. I was crying all while my character was dealing with her sister's death. Um, so that was just difficult on many levels. And then obviously when they killed my character - well, when Damien Darhk killed my character off... That was obviously pretty difficult."
CL: "I think, for me, a big challenge was going - bringing Sara Lance from Arrow to Legends of Tomorrow, because on Arrow, it was a dark show. My character was very dark, very tough and guarded. And then Legends, I'm like reading the scripts and I'm like, I would never say this on Arrow. Like, this is not - I don't - what character is this? And it was definitely a challenge to try to figure out how to bring - shed some of the darkness, but still hold on to the essence of who Sara Lance was and what we loved about her. And, yeah, because now it's - I mean, the Sara Lance - it's so weird because it's really like - it's been so long now... I don't know how many years - 10 years or something like that? ... The character has grown and changed a lot. And now it's a challenge to like continue to grow and change. I think, you know, with, uh, her relationship with Ava... Avalance. (To KL) Sorry, darling. That's provided a lot of growth and change for her in new ways."
KL: "I'm happy for them."
NM: "I did forget about one moment. Uh, like Caity was saying, our characters on Arrow were so different from our characters on Legends. Uh, but I had the distinct honor of having a line that I will never forget. You know, it was probably my favorite moment, you know, other than Band of Brothers, than anything that I've ever done. And it's when I tell myself, I'm gonna kick my ass. When I go back and fight myself and I beat my old Damien Darhk in a fight, there was something so much - it was so freeing to be the new, fun, goofy dad Damien Darhk and go after and have to fight the old, mean, cruel, Black Canary-killing Damien Darhk. And, you know, it felt great to kick his butt, I have to admit that. ... It was such an enjoyable moment for me on television."

-- Mod: "Well, the Arrow series and the Arrowverse is so epic and it's still going, even if the show is ending, like the legacy of Arrow will still remain. And I know that you can see it in all of these fans that are here because we love the series. We love what multiverse and what universe that grew from this show. And I know we're all just very thankful that this show existed and still does. And, unfortunately, we're out of time. But I am so thankful that all you guys are here to chat a little about your experience on Arrow. And thank you for sitting and chatting with us, because we are all huge fans."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Other panels with Arrowverse guest stars at L.A. Comic Con yesterday (Dec. 4)...

"SMALLVILLE" Q&A with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover & Laura Vandervoort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQMHe_SO2A

"BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES" & "BATMAN BEYOND" Q&A with Kevin Conroy, Will Friedle & John Glover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yz4eUYM7qs

Edited by tv echo

It grosses me out that KC is all buddy buddy with all those women when she apparently recently worked with Andrew Kreisberg on a project. I wonder if they don't know, or just don't care. 

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/6610/andrew-kreisberg-radio-4-pilot/

Kreisberg, credited as Saucer's creator, writer, co-producer and co-director, also voices a radio DJ on the Radio 4 comedy, and has previously written for the BBC One sitcom My Family and The Simpsons. He was sacked by Warner Bros following an investigation that lasted less than three weeks.

A 30-minute pilot, Saucer co-stars The Flash and Arrow's Katie Cassidy, alongside comedians Justin Edwards, Desiree Burch and Helen Cripps, as well as Dreaming Whilst Black creator Adjani Salmon, Fraser James, Rebecca Webb and Absolutely's Gordon Kennedy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well that's certainly a choice, and not a good one IMHO. She was part of the short lived "Shethority" wasn't she? 

OTOH she has connections with Kreisberg and his wife so I suppose if any of the female cast were going to work with him again it would be her or DP. 

I don't know if the others know and don't care or don't know. It was kept pretty quiet. I listen to comedy radio on the BBC and I didn't even know about it. Then again I guess many relationships between actors are fake or exaggerated anyway, although she and CL do appear to have been genuinely close. 

So I've just listened to it: It had already been announced it wasn't being picked up so I'm not contributing to AK's career. It was also definitely recorded recently because it's set in 2021 talks about Covid and the main character having "his second jab". 

It was pretty bad. Full of cliches, stilted writing (even taking into account radio) and erection jokes in the first 5 minutes. But it's okay because the guy mentions that there's no place for misogyny in space and that he could be Janeway! 

Katie plays a character that gets abducted on the way to her wedding. It's pretty much her standard bitchy character and she's the one that gets the second biggest role apart from the main guy so it wasn't just a favour for Kreisberg. 

I wonder why she did it, it can't pay that much and being associated again with AK isn't going to help much. And that's before you get into his disgusting behaviour on the set and BTS of the Arrowverse with so many women. The BBC definitely shouldn't have commissioned it considering this isn't the first time they've got into at best questionable territory over something like this. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Useful 1

Echo Kellum was at the People's Choice Awards last night (promoting his new show, Grand Crew)...

Echo Kellum & Grasie Mercedes BOND Over Wine IRL | E! People's Choice Awards
E! Red Carpet & Award Shows    Dec 7, 2021

Katherine McNamara appears as Mia/Green Arrow in this promo for Part 5 of The Flash's "Armageddon" crossover (airing on Dec. 14 on The CW)...

Spoiler

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 5 | Armageddon Pt. 5 Promo | The CW
The CW Network    Dec 8, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's another recording of the Dec. 4th Arrowverse panel (this video has better audio than the video previously posted above)...

ARROWVERSE Actor Panel – LA Comic Con 2021
Fandom Spotlite   Dec 6, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Amazon.com's Book Description for Miss Memory Lane: A Memoir:

A brutally honest and moving memoir of lust, abuse, addiction, stardom, and redemption from Arrow and Teen Wolf actor Colton Haynes.

Four years ago, Colton Haynes woke up in a hospital. He’d had two seizures, lost the sight in one eye, almost ruptured a kidney, and been put on an involuntary psychiatry hold. Not yet thirty, he knew he had to take stock of his life and make some serious changes if he wanted to see his next birthday.

As he worked towards sobriety, Haynes allowed himself to become vulnerable for the first time in years and with that, discovered profound self-awareness. He had millions of social media followers who constantly told him they loved him. But what would they think if they knew his true story? If they knew where he came from and the things he had done?  

Now, Colton bravely pulls back the curtain on his life and career, revealing the incredible highs and devastating lows. From his unorthodox childhood in a small Kansas town, to coming to terms with his sexuality, he keeps nothing back. 

By sixteen, he had been signed by the world’s top modeling agency and his face appeared on billboards. But he was still a broke, lonely, confused teenager, surrounded by people telling him he could be a star as long as he never let anyone see his true self. As his career in television took off, the stress of wearing so many masks and trying to please so many different people turned his use of drugs and alcohol into full-blown addiction.

A lyrical and intimate confession, apology, and cautionary tale, Miss Memory Lane is an unforgettable story of dreams deferred and dreams fulfilled; of a family torn apart and rebuilt; and of a man stepping into the light as no one but himself.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Promo pics featuring Katherine McNamara as Mia/Green Arrow for The Flash's "Armageddon" Part 5 (airing Dec. 14) have been released...
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-flash-armageddon-part-5-photos-preview-mia-queen-return/ 

Spoiler

fla805b-0357r.jpg

fla805b-0143r.jpg

fla805b-0350r.jpg

fla805b-0159r.jpg

fla805b-0435r.jpg

Also, KM talked about the "Armageddon" crossover in this recent interview:
Katherine McNamara Instagram Live with AbnormallyAdam - December 10th
Golden Warrior    Dec 10, 2021

Transcription of KM's comments about "Armageddon":

Spoiler

-- When asked about Mia's appearance in "Armageddon," KM: "She's coming back with a vengeance, I have to tell you. She is ready and going full Queen force, uh, jumping into this Armageddon. ... It's just so wonderful to be back in this world, you know, after the two years of pandemic and everything else, it was the first time I felt normal, being back on that set and being back in the suit... I'm so excited for people to see it. I think folks - the writers did an amazing job of creating Mia's story again and kind of picking up where we left off, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun."

Spoiler

-- When asked if Mia has interactions with characters she's previously never interacted with, KM: "Yes, yes... There are quite a few new, uh - new relationships forming in this. And it's interesting in this post-Crisis world of going, well, have these people met? Have they not? What's new? ... But what's so nice about Mia is, she is the blend of the two. She has her memories from pre-Crisis and her memories from post-Crisis. And, you know, it's been two years,, so she's navigated it somehow and here she is, back, uh - back in a flash." (Laughs)

Also FYI:
The Flash Showrunner Says Fans Should Rewatch the Green Arrow & The Canaries Backdoor Pilot Before "Armageddon"
By NICOLE DRUM - November 13, 2021
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-flash-showrunner-says-fans-should-rewatch-the-green-arrow-the-canaries-backdoor-pilot-before-armageddon/ 

Speaking with The Flash Podcast, Wallace was asked if there was a specific character that he had been dying to write for who didn't normally appear on The Flash and while he said he was eager to write for everyone who is a part of "Armageddon", he did note that he "especially loved writing for Mia Queen" and then suggested fans rewatch the penultimate episode of Arrow which had been set up as a backdoor pilot for a Green Arrow and The Canaries spinoff.

"You might need to. I'm not saying the Black Canaries are in the show alongside Mia, but those events mattered, right? They mattered," Wallace said. "So be prepared to continue Mia's journey in a very unexpected way, but yet in a way that makes sense and honors her past. That was very important to us."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

AM(A)A
LegalDispatch 0.12
Marc Guggenheim     December 10, 2021
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/amaa?r=210wu 

One thought I had this week is that it might be fun to add a new feature to this newsletter: Me answering questions from subscribers. I’d call it an “Ask Me Anything” (AMA), but the truth is that there are projects and things, both past and present, that I’m not allowed to talk about, so some qualification is required. But I’ll try to be as open a book as possible. Swearsies.
Anyway, all of which is a long way of saying two things. First, reply to this newsletter (there’s a comments feature) and ask me anything and I’ll provide whatever information I can. Second, please consider formally subscribing ‘cause my days on Twitter are numbered.
Amy   11 hr ago
Hi Marc. Great newsletter as always. I was wondering if you could redo any storyline on Arrow what would it be and why?

Edited by tv echo

New interview with KM about her guest appearance in Part 5 of the "Armageddon" crossover (airing Dec. 14)...

The Flash: Katherine McNamara Teases the Return of Arrow's Mia for End of 'Armageddon,' Felicity Mentions Ahead
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 13 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/12/13/the-flash-katherine-mcnamara-preview-mia-smoak-armageddon-finale/ 

Spoiler

Now that you have your refresher (whew!), here is Arrow alum Katherine McNamara previewing her encore as Mia, and how it was “really moving” to suit back up.

TVLINE | What were you up to when you got the news that you would get a chance to play Mia again, and what was your first reaction?
I got a note from my team saying, “Hey, they reached out and asked if you would be open to coming back as Mia Smoak/Green Arrow on The Flash,” and I said, “Absolutely! Do I need to pack a bag now? Let’s go!” You know as well as anyone how special Mia is to me and how much that whole world means to me, and I always have such a lovely time. I jump at the chance to go shoot some arrows on television.
TVLINE | What is Mia up to when we see her?
Well, you pick up with Mia two years after we last saw her, and you get little glimpses of what her life has been. We see that she’s in a very dark place — she’s gone rogue, in a way, and become very obsessed with solving this one problem and this one missing piece in her life. As we know, when Mia gets focused on something and you give her a bone, she’s going to run with it until she wins, and that is what she’s doing. She will let nothing get in her way. But this does happen to take her through Central City where they’re having their own issues. Mia plays well with others when she needs to, and there’s nobody like Uncle Barry and Aunt Iris to come in and tell her what she needs to hear.
TVLINE | What specific dynamics do we get to see between Mia and other characters she visits with?
There’s a lot, actually, and that’s something I was so grateful for. [Showrunner] Eric [Wallace] and the rest of the team of writers really thought about what Mia would be doing two years from now. Mia was not worthy, in her mind, to take over the mantle of Green Arrow. [During Arrow‘s final season] she had just gotten her father back and just gotten a chance to understand why he made the decisions that he did, and then she lost him again. And so in that sense, she understood, finally, what her responsibility to that mantle and legacy is. and she did not feel ready.

Moving through that and having lived with that for a couple of years… it’s a lot, and she’s really going through a lot of the same struggles that Oliver did, about the line that’s drawn to get justice — “What are you willing to sacrifice in order to accomplish your goals as a hero, and does that still make you a hero?” Mia has never been afraid to do what she has to do to get the answers she needs or to accomplish a mission, but Barry and Iris and the rest of the team know when to take a bit of pause, and have so much heart and care for the people around them, and that it’s exactly what Mia needs at the moment.

TVLINE | Did you get to do anything new as Mia with this episode?
Actually not new, but I spent a good portion of the episode in heels and a cocktail dress, which is quite uncommon for Mia. [Laughs]

TVLINE | I had to remind myself that it was the Felicity of 2040 who went off to be with Oliver, and that Felicity in 2021 is still alive somewhere in the countryside. Will we get any update on or mention of Mia’s mom?
There are a few mentions of Felicity. She definitely comes up. Given the fact that Mia ends up in a place where the two people that know her parents probably better than most are right there to guide her, it’s a huge gift, and there’s definitely much talk of the lineage.

TVLINE | And you may have alluded to this with the party dress, but…. What sort of note will the 5-part “Armageddon” event end on?
With all of these Arrowverse worlds, it always ends with a bit of a question — and maybe a cocktail party, and definitely a lot of grey area. What I think is so clever about “Armageddon” is that every person who you think you know where they stand and what they stand for comes into question, and there really are no heroes and villains. They’re just people trying to get through the day and trying to deal with what this universe that is increasingly complicated as the years go on presents to them. That says a lot about where many of us are in the world right now, where we don’t really know which end is up and we’re trying to navigate it and figure it out as best we can with the people around us.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

EW's Chancellor Agard talked to KM about Part 5 of the "Armageddon" crossover (airing tonight) - no major spoilers, but spoilerish bits here and there (so watch at your own risk)...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live with Entertainment Weekly - December 14th
Golden Warrior    Dec 14, 2021

-- On how it felt returning to play Mia in the Arrowverse, KM: "It was really moving, actually. And I think it's because, you know, the pandemic sort of demarcated - aside from doing things like The Stand and a couple of other jobs - Green Arrow finished up right before the pandemic happened. It was right at the end of 2019 that we wrapped the series. And then coming back to it after we've been through all of these crazy ups and downs and, you know, putting the suit back on, I think all of us have been searching for something in our lives that makes us feel normal... and makes us feel like we have a little bit of life back in a way that we used to. And when I got to set and put on the suit again for the first time and got back in the sort of structured chaos that is filming a superhero television show, it felt like I was back home. And it felt like I was where I was supposed to be. And - and, you know, that suit fits like a second skin. ... It was very, very, very moving."

-- On what she missed specifically about playing Mia in those two years, KM: "There's so much to Mia and, you know, from the very beginning, when I was talking to Beth Schwartz, when they were still kind of creating the character on Arrow, I was so excited, from day one, because there are so many layers to Mia - with the way her past is and how she was raised and sort of the strained relationship she has with both of her parents, in very different ways, and - and even with the idea of being a superhero and being a good guy. ... She's always questioned what people have told her is right and what people have told her is good. And I think that's a very different character than a lot of the other superheroes we see. But it's also a very Green Arrow trait. And that's, you know, that's something about Mia as - as I've - as her story has progressed, it's only become more complex. ...

Spoiler

And, you know, we set up so many things at the end of Arrow that it was nice to be able to see a few of those come to fruition or at least take the next step in this episode of The Flash."

-- On her fondest memory from her two seasons on Arrow, KM: "You know, because I watched all six seasons - at the time, it was six seasons of Arrow - uh, in doing research to play Mia, ... my favorite bits were working with Stephen and Emily, because you really got to see how they were similar and how they were different, and sort of what each character saw in Mia and, uh, of - of their partner. And, um, you know, coming from - coming from Shadowhunters and doing a lot of fighting, I think when I finally go in the ring with Stephen in the Russia episode, and doing the crossover with Stephen and all that stuff when we were fighting side by side, it sort of felt as though Mia had arrived in a lot of ways."

Spoiler

-- On where we find Mia when she appears in Central City 2021 (in Part 5 of "Armageddon"), KM: "Something I love so much about Eric Wallace and the rest of the writers did on The Flash is that they found a way to push Mia to the edge and to push me into a place that she's never really been before, um, in a way where she has been obsessed with solving this problem... And, you know, she feels in a lot of ways as though she's failed some of the promises that she made to her parents. And she has kind of gone rogue in a sense. And maybe, we don't know, but maybe shirked her duties as the Green Arrow to move forward and - and rectify this failure of hers, in her mind. Um, and as we know with Mia, she - when she gets something in her head, she won't let it go - and will win, because that's, you know, what - what she has her heart set on. But, you know, nobody better than Uncle Barry and Aunt Iris to come in and kind of tell her what she needs to hear and hopefully bring her back from that precipice a little bit."

-- On how she felt coming into The Flash, which is tonally different from Arrow, and adjusting how she played Mia to fit this show's tone, KM: "That was actually one of my first questions to Eric, because Flash is a much more tonally different show than Arrow. And Mia, by nature of her character, is very much the dark, brooding world of Arrow. It was interesting because I feel as though we got to see a lot of different sides of Mia, especially this sort of Mia 3.0 that was established in the Green Arrow and Canaries pilot... She has her post-Crisis life as a socialite with a happy family and her pre-Crisis life being raised in a cabin and trained by Nyssa al Ghul, that are both meshing together. And we get to see,

Spoiler

not only a lot of Mia's hard outer shell, as she's on mission, but we see a lot of her vulnerabilities and what she's really struggling with in this moment of, how do I take on this mantle, and how do I do and be everything for everyone, and still, you know, protect my heart in a way? And - and it's a struggle that, I think, a lot of these heroes go through. But Mia really has had no one to guide her for quite a while. Just as soon as she was starting to understand Oliver and why he made the decision that he did, Oliver was ripped away from her again. And it's a kind of rift in many ways, which we get to see."

-- On whether she went back and re-watched any episodes to prepare, KM: "I re-watched a couple of things. ... I have a very strange relationship with watching my own work... I learn from it, but it's not always my favorite thing to do... I went back and re-watched a couple of things, just to remember. But I was so impressed with the script that - that the Flash writers sent me, because it was so dead on Mia... They completely understood her and they completely dove right in. And, you know, Mia has such a particular kind of tone when it comes to her blend of sarcasm and grumpiness and, you know, all of the - all of the things that make her the Olicity baby. Uh, they touched on each one of those notes so beautifully. And I felt as though I was reading a script written by the Arrow writers' room... It felt very natural to jump back in and at a place where, you know - Eric couldn't send me the scripts at the time, but he and I spent an hour or so on Zoom, with him, you know, dictating and explaining very passionately the entire [unintelligible word] where 'Armageddon' was up until this point. I think my jaw had been on the floor for 45 minutes of that hour. ... But it really did feel as though Mia fit into that world. And I was really honored that they thought to bring me back."

-- On what was the first thing she shot when she got to set, KM: "I actually am not allowed to say. Um, I can tell you,

Spoiler

the first - the first scene I had, I didn't - I had no lines. ...

I will say, this was a very different experience for me, shooting Arrow - er, shooting Mia on The Flash, because

Spoiler

for about a good half of my shooting time, I was in a cocktail dress and heels,

which is not necessarily Mia's world at all, um, at least the Mia that most of us know for the majority of the time we've seen her."

Spoiler

-- On what kind of answers we can expect to some of the "dangling threads" from the Green Arrow & the Canaries backdoor pilot, KM: "I wouldn't say there's any definitive answers as of yet [unintelligible word] a lot of things. There - there are hints and clues and nuggets that will hopefully be, you know, continued in the future or at least have set Mia on the path to figuring it out. Um, I tried to add in as many of those little things as I could, whether it was visual or verbal. Um, careful watchers will pick up on a few more than were scripted, which, you know, the - Eric and the writers were so wonderful. They're like, if there's anything that you think we could drop in or anything you want to add or talk about, let's do it. And I threw a couple of ideas at them we were able to integrate that just fit exactly in with what their story was and where Mia would be and, I think, just kind of added those little Easter eggs that - that the fans love to look at. But I - you know, I think - I think we get a few indications that will move the mystery forward in a way."

-- On whether there were any ideas that she had or the Flash writers had that were cut, KM: "I don't know, because I haven't seen the episode... But I don't think so. You know, I threw a few 'fracks' in here and there, because we have to - we have to give that nod, especially because it came from, you know, that world - the world of The Flash in the first place. Um, but there's - I know there are a few things in there and - thank goodness they keep track of the mythology, because there were some things, even with rules of the world, that I had to go, okay, how does this work? Because the world of The Flash is so different. The world of Arrow is very grounded in reality and weapons and fighting, whereas The Flash, they have the metas and the time warps and the - the Flash and all of the crazy powers that we don't have on Arrow... It was neat to really learn about that world as well and - and see how Mia fits in a place where she's - it's not her element whatsoever."

-- On KM getting to work with a lot of new actors in this episode and which actor surprised her the most, KM: "I'm not sure I can say because I'm not sure - there's one person who - let me put it this way, bad guys are often played by the most lovely of people. And I got to encounter a lot of characters, both on set and in scenes and passing through, and people that I'm huge fans of as well, having watched a lot of these shows. And it's always wonderful to meet someone you really look up to on screen and find that they're just an absolutely lovely human being and just really kind and generous and amazing to work with. ... I always find that with Grant as well, because he's been doing it for so long and he works so hard and cares so much about this character. I have the utmost respect for him because he got to work every day with a sense of play and a smile on his face and - and just makes everyone feel at home."

-- On whether she views this as the last time playing Mia or whether she's hoping to come back either on The Flash or another show in the future, KM: "I always hope to come back and play Mia, You know, she's a character that means so much to me and has brought so many wonderful things and so many wonderful people into my life. And I don't think her story's done. I'm not done with her story. Now it obviously remains to be seen whether or not The Powers That Be need Mia back in the story. But, suffice it to say, if anyone needs a blonde with wavy hair to come shoot arrows at bad [unintelligible word], just, you know, put - put a green arrow in the sky and I will come running, in a heartbeat."

-- On any closing remarks, KM: "I just wanted to say a huge 'thank you,' not only to you and to so many other folks in - in the press, but also to the fans. You know, it's - it's been a very interesting road with Mia and the fact that people are so excited to see her come back into this world after so long, it's incredible. And, you know, the stories that I hear from people about their experience watching Mia and how they've kind of opened their hearts to her, given that she's not canon in the comics, and given that she's a character created for the show as offspring of arguably two of the most beloved characters in Arrow. It means a lot of me that folks really embrace her in that way and I just wanted to say 'thank you' for all the love."

Edited by tv echo

KM returned as Mia Queen/Green Arrow in last night's Part 5 of The Flash's "Armageddon" crossover - there were several mentions of Felicity, Oliver and William (even one mention of Laurel) - I've transcribed the Mia scenes below (but added spoiler tags, in case you don't want to be spoiled for that crossover episode)...

Spoiler

The Flash 805 (Armageddon, Part 5) – Mia Queen, as the new Green Arrow, time travels to Central City in 2021, to search for her kidnapped brother William, who’s still missing after two years:
(Mia, dressed as the Green Arrow, appears at the Central City Police Station and knocks down Eobard Thawne AKA Reverse Flash.)
Mia: "You want a hero?"
Thawne: "You? You know, normally I'd be intrigued to meet the great Green Arrow. But unfortunately, today, I don't have the time."
Mia: "Where's William?"
Thawne: "Who's William?"
Mia: "Wrong answer. (Draws arrow to shoot, Thawne starts to blip in and out) Whoopsie. That's a temporal fade pattern. Looks like you're not so much longer for this timeline. Too bad. Now. Where the hell's my brother?"
Thawne: "Enough with the questions! (Knocks Mia back with his electrical speed force and prepares to kill her) Sorry, kid. But I don't have time for family drama."
(Barry Allen AKA The Flash speeds in to knock Thawne off Mia and saves her.)
Barry: "Stay down, Thawne."
Thawne: "Flash. I didn't come here to fight. I came here to make a scene, publicly, so that there would be witnesses for what I have to ask you."
Barry: "What is it?"
Thawne: "I need you to save me."
(Mia meets with Team Flash at STAR Labs.)
Mia: "So Thawne messed with the timeline. No wonder I picked up on his temporal energy. He must be loaded with it."
Barry: "Is that why you're here, in 2021?"
Mia: "No. I tracked Thawne's scent by mistake. I was, uh, looking for something else."
Chester: "Maybe we could help? I'm Chester P, by the way. And it is so cool to meet the future Green Arrow. Mia Queen. Progeny of Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen. I know all the stories."
Mia: "Yeah. Not all the stories. Look, what did Thawne mean when he said 'save me'? Save him from what?"
Barry: "You see how he's fading in and out? Same thing happened to me in his Reverse Flashpoint. He's being erased. Once the process is complete, he'll die."
Mia: "Wait a minute. You're not actually considering saving him, are you?"
Iris: "Mia. We know that Thawne is bad, but we still need to talk this through before we make any decisions."
Mia: "Fine. If that's how you guys do things. But you're making a big mistake."
(Mia is punching a punching bag when Iris comes to talk to her.)
Mia: "You want something?"
Iris: "Mia. You never said why you came to 2021, but I'm guessing it's important. So, what is going on?"
Mia: "I'm here to find my brother. William's missing. I just hit another dead end."
Iris: "What happened?"
Mia: "It was the night I decided to put on the suit. (Flashback to scenes from Arrow's back door pilot episode for Green Arrow & the Canaries, showing Mia with Dinah and Earth-2 Laurel, and then William's kidnapping from the site of Oliver's Green Arrow memorial statue) William and I went to see Dad's statue, but we were attacked. I haven't seen my brother since. I've been looking for him for two years."
Iris: "I'm so sorry."
Mia: "I followed the temporal energy signature at the crime scene, which led me here. But every trail goes cold. Now this is all I have left of him. (Shows Iris the hōzen stone) William gave it to me the night he was taken. Sometimes I wonder if it's connected to why he's still gone."
Iris: "Have you asked Felicity for help?"
Mia: "She wouldn't understand what I've had to do to get this far."
Iris: "What is that supposed to mean? Mia, have you -?"
Mia; "Killed anyone? I will if I have to. For William's sake. Sometimes blood for blood is the answer."
Iris: "You know your dad thought the same thing, once. That in order to protect his city, he had to take lives. But all he ended up doing was ruining his own. I think you know that. Or else you wouldn't be so afraid to go see your mom."
Mia: "You're the one who's afraid. Thawne killed your dad. And then tricked you into almost marrying him, all the while making you believe you had a choice in it all. You. Iris West-frackin'-Allen. And now you're too afraid to give him what he deserves. You think my life will be ruined if I kill? What about yours if you don't? Cause it sounds like you'd be a lot better off if he was gone."
(Despero possesses Mia in order to kill Thawne.)
Despero (voice only): "Mia Queen... Mia Queen. Mia Queen. You're going to help me."
(Mia's eyes glow red.)
(Possessed by Despero, Mia attacks Team Flash at STAR Labs with arrows).
Chester: "Mia! What the hell, girl?"
Mia (Despero's voice): "Iris West-Allen. You and Flash made this decision. And now you'll die for making the wrong one."
Iris: "Mia, listen to me. This isn't you."
Cecile: "Mia. Mia, she's right. Take my power. Take my strength. Fight him."
Mia (Despero's voice): "Empath. You think I'd release this perfect vessel?"
Iris: "Mia, stop. I know you can fight this."
Mia (Despero's voice): "The child is gone, human."
Iris: "No, she's not. Mia, I know you can fight this, because you already have. Look around. You could've killed us all, but you didn't."
Cecile: "Mia. She's right. Fight him!"
Iris: "Mia. Think about William. Is this the path that he would want you to choose?"
(Mia drops her bow, clutches her head and groans with pain, and collapses to the floor. The red disappears from her eyes.)
Mia: "Iris. Allegra, Frost, in the hallway."
Cecile: "I'll go check on them."
Mia: "I'm so sorry."
(All dressed up in a dress and heels, Mia joins Team Flash for celebratory drinks at a swanky club. Damien Darhk joins them.)
Chester: "Now this epic."
Cecile: "I don't know what's more impressive, this place or us."
Iris: "Us, definitely."
Mia: "I haven't been in a place this swank since my debutante days."
Barry: "Well, we have the place to ourselves tonight. Since Thawne's at ARGUS and Despero's finally gone -"
Iris: "For good, it seems like."
Barry: "I figure we deserve the night off."
Mia: "Look. About me going evil and trying to kill you all -"
Cecile: "Already forgiven. We're just glad to have the real Mia back. And that, beautiful people, is it for shop talk."
Caitlin: "Yes, absolutely. I think we've had enough of aliens and evil speedsters."
Damien (entering): "Does that go for evil magicians, too?"
Mia (pulling a knife): "I know what you did to Laurel Lance, Damien Darhk. (Puts knife to his throat) How about I return the favor?"
Damien: "By all means. Go for it. I thought I'd be a dead man by now anyway."
(Mia hesitates, looks back at Team Flash, and pulls back her knife.)
Mia: "Need a drink. A real one." (Walks away)
(Mia is pouring herself a drink at the bar when Iris comes to talk to her.)
Iris: "That aroma seems familiar. Sebastian James?"
Mia: "My favorite Scotch. Do you guys always party this hard after a successful mission?"
Iris: "I wish. By the way, I came across something that might help you find William. The symbol on the hōzen? It matches a symbol from some heavily redacted documents from Berlin. Only my source couldn't find out more, thanks to some very intense firewalls."
Mia (smiling): "You know, I think I know a hacker who might be able to help me."
Iris: "You're going to see Felicity?"
Mia (nodding): "You were right, Iris. I can be the person she always wanted me to be. Thank you for helping me find myself again."
Iris: "You made the choice to be a hero. Your dad would be proud. And hey, you know, don't be a stranger while you're here in our time. Bart and Nora, they - they drop  in on us a lot. I think you guys would get along really well. Anyways, cheers."
Mia: "Cheers."
(They clink glasses.)

And here's video clips of Mia's scenes in Part 5 of "Armaggedon" - posted by Arrowverse Voice (I kept the Youtube links as links in order to avoid spoiling)...

Includes Mia's Entrance Scene 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRbFyTyHys

Mia and Team Flash, Mia and Iris - 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8GhUqPM58s

Mia Versus Team Flash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TADSLjB1Igo

Mia and Team Flash, Mia and Iris - 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQkQ4fnUsS4

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Includes new KM comments about Felicity, Oliver and William...

The Flash: Grade the 'Armageddon' Finale — Plus, Did Katherine McNamara Get Some Arrow Spinoff Closure?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 14 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/12/14/the-flash-recap-season-8-episode-5-armageddon-finale/ 

Spoiler

“I mean, ‘Poor William!’ is all I’ve got to say,” sighs Arrowverse vet Katherine McNamara, who reprised her role as Mia this week. “He’s been a hostage for two years, so maybe he’s the next super villain — we don’t know! — or maybe he’s thriving on a tropical island somewhere with a cocktail in his hand….”
“Mia has lost William and hasn’t necessarily lived up to the Green Arrow mantle in a way that she had hoped — and in a way that she would assume her mother would’ve wanted,” says McNamara. “It’s difficult for her to face that, knowing how much the [Green Arrow] legacy meant to both of her parents.”
Having earlier drawn a blade on Damien (who after all once killed her friend Laurel’s… doppelganger, whom Mia never knew?), Mia shared with Iris that she had decided to reach out to her hacker extraordinaire mother, before putting 2021 in her rear view mirror.

“I think that Felicity and Mia have always had a bit of a contentious relationship, given her upbringing and all the other parental angsts that exist in the Queen family,” McNamara notes. “But [what Iris said] is exactly what Mia needed to hear. She has to realize that Felicity will understand a lot more than Mia thinks she will, and there’s a real opportunity there for that resolution.”
As for Mia’s next steps after dropping in on Felicity, McNamara posits, “If there’s anything we know for sure it’s that Mia will not rest until she finds her brother, because he’s the last piece of her family [in 2040]. She made a promise to Oliver that she would take care of William and take care of Felicity, and she feels as though she’s broken that promise by losing William, and she can’t rest until she fixes that.”

But short of ever seeing that mystery get solved on any remaining Arrowverse show, did McNamara get a bit of closure from her visit to The Flash, given that The CW back in January opted not to move forward with Green Arrow and the Canaries, which would have her, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy?

“I got a little bit of closure,” she told TVLine. “I mean, look, there’s still a lot of Mia’s storyline that is yet to be resolved, and I’m very glad for that. I think that by the end of this episode, Mia feels very welcomed in this world, and I hope it’s not the last time we see her.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

KM did a lot of media interviews in connection with her guest appearance in Part 5 of the "Armageddon" crossover (warning: articles contain spoilers for that episode)...

Katherine McNamara warns that 'darker forces' will tempt Mia Queen on The Flash
By Chancellor Agard   December 13, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/katherine-mcnamara-mia-queen-the-flash-interview/

Kat McNamara Brings the Green Arrow (and Family Drama) to ‘The Flash’
Damian Holbrook     December 14, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1025588/the-flash-season-8-armageddon-mia-smoak-kat-mcnamara/

'The Flash’ Postmortem: Katherine McNamara on Mia Queens’s Visit to Central City and if She’s Planning a Return
Jolie Lash | December 14, 2021
https://www.thewrap.com/katherine-mcnamara-the-flash-armageddon-post-mortem-interview/

The Flash: Kat McNamara Breaks Down Mia's Return to the Arrowverse
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    DECEMBER 14, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/flash-armageddon-kat-mcnamara-interview/

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

MG's response to fan questioning MG's previous tweet that the pandemic was a "deciding factor" in The CW's decision not to move forward with Green Arrow & the Canaries spinoff...

Apparently trended...

KM, as Mia, appeared in one of a series of Flash-Matrix Resurrections promos...

The Flash | Mia’s Choice | The CW
The CW Network    Dec 15, 2021

Edited by tv echo

I think MG means Season 4 (iirc, he said this before about Olicity in S4)...

ANSWERING (ALMOST) ANYTHING
LegalDispatch 0.13
Marc Guggenheim   12.16.21
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/answering-almost-anything 

Amy asks: “I was wondering if you could redo any storyline on Arrow what would it be and why?”

Oh boy. Twitter will have a field day with this one. And I also look forward to the clickbait articles with the headline: “Guggenheim Admits Arrow Mistakes.”

But to answer your question…

First off, I should say that there isn’t a single thing I’ve ever written or produced that I wouldn’t like to get another at-bat on in some way, shape, or form. After something gets released into the world, you begin to notice a million things — large and small — you wish you’d changed or had time to change. Arrow is, for me, like that on steroids.

That being said, it will probably come as no surprise that I’d love to redo the Oliver/Felicity storyline in Season 6. I’ve said this before in public, but that storyline suffered, ironically, from us adhering too closely to the plan we’d arced out at the beginning of the season. Rather than let the story unfold naturally, we were too rigorous in hitting specific beats at specific pre-set times. Moreover, it was an extremely challenging year. The show had always been difficult to produce from a budgetary standpoint, but it became — for a variety of reasons — exponentially harder to stretch a dollar and make sure that dollar got on the screen. As a result, I don’t feel that Season 6 always had the same scope and production value that other seasons of Arrow had. That said, I was still very pleased with our Season Premiere and Season Finale — both directed by the immensely talented James Bamford — and the episode where we repurposed actual Billy Joel concert footage from Long Island checked many, many bucket list boxes for me.

Edited by tv echo

Brandon Routh played Captain America co-creator Joe Simon in the first episode of Slugfest (this docuseries was originally set to launch on Quibi in 2020, but Quibi shut down before it could)...

Edited by tv echo
On 12/17/2021 at 5:04 AM, tv echo said:

I think MG means Season 4 (iirc, he said this before about Olicity in S4)...

I think he meant season 4 also, but for some reason, the other things he mentioned (Bam directing, the concert footage) were from season 6. If he meant season 6, I'm glad he didn't have a chance to change anything about Olicity; it was the only thing that worked well that season. 

• Love 1
On 12/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, lemotomato said:

I think he meant season 4 also, but for some reason, the other things he mentioned (Bam directing, the concert footage) were from season 6. If he meant season 6, I'm glad he didn't have a chance to change anything about Olicity; it was the only thing that worked well that season. 

Olicity got quite a bit of praise that season IIRC, with a lot of people liking them getting back together in a fairly low key way and being the only characters not to have a horrible break up in the stupid Civil Bore. Felicity and William also got quite a bit of love after her 6x11 speech, despite the rushed and sparse nature of William's storyline in general. 

Maybe he means how the double wedding went down? 

I'd have thought he meant S4 because he has admitted (slightly) that he'd do things differently before now. 

David Ramsey Returns to Batwoman — Is Diggle Friends With [_______]?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 30 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/12/30/david-ramsey-batwoman-season-3-episode-9-diggle/

Spoiler

Ramsey’s Batwoman encore is set for Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022, when in the episode “Meet Your Maker,” Jada (played Robin Givens) — having not given up on rehabilitating son Marquis (Nick Creegan) — “seeks the help of an old friend.” Will Dig serve as a sage role model?

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse: Why a Mia Smoak Spinoff Is Better Off Without the Canaries
BY SAM STONE     JANUARY 9, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-spinoff-mia-smoak-without-canaries/ 

The Flash Season 8 began with the Arrowverse crossover event "Armageddon," featuring plenty of familiar faces from the shared television universe as Barry Allen was menaced by the extraterrestrial supervillain Despero and the dastardly return of the Reverse-Flash. Among the characters to resurface is Mia Smoak, the time-traveling daughter of the late Oliver Queen and his wife Felicity Smoak, with the emerald archer arriving in Central City for the final battle against Despero. And while Despero and the Reverse-Flash may both be defeated, there is the sense that Mia's story is still only getting started, setting her up for a spinoff without the Black Canaries she was previously teamed with.
Ultimately, both The CW and HBO Max opted to pass on Green Arrow & the Canaries, effectively shelving the idea of an ensemble spinoff set in 2040 for good. However, with Mia still an active superhero now in the present-day Arrowverse as she continues the search for her brother, a solo spinoff starring the character may be the better route to proceed with if discussions for a new spinoff plan begin.

By setting a spinoff during the current Arrowverse, a Mia-centered series could actually take advantage of the other shows and characters set in the Arrowverse as opposed to Green Arrow & the Canaries premise being set in 2040. While the pilot's change in chronological setting matched Mia's home time period, this puts creative restraints on the story. Any surviving Arrowverse characters would be twenty years older -- with the convenient exceptions of the Black Canaries -- and necessitate showing technological advances throughout Star City to reflect the futuristic setting.
There are also behind-the-scenes developments that make having a Mia-centric spinoff ditch the Canaries playing a prominent role make more business sense. In addition to reducing the amount of established series regulars, HBO Max is rumored to be developing a DC Extended Universe original movie starring Jurnee Smollett's iteration of Black Canary introduced in 2020's Birds of Prey. Rather than having competing versions of Black Canary on television and film, narrowing the focus to Mia Smoak for an Arrow spinoff keeps any potential audience confusion to a minimum.

Mia and the Canaries are all still alive and well in the Arrowverse, though Mia still has unfinished business as she scours the world for the kidnapped William. Given how personal the mission is, Mia was always better suited to go about this particular search for her brother alone while finding her own way as the Arrowverse's new Green Arrow. The Arrowverse programming lineup has decreased considerably since the Crisis, and with Arrow, Black Lightning and Supergirl having come to an end, a Mia-centric spinoff could bring this shared television universe back to its roots.

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse casting director David Rapaport: "This is just me... I don't foresee any in-person sessions any time soon for TV... I don't see them for pilot season, which network pilot season generally... is actually starting now, um, through February, March. ... I don't imagine this season there will be... If COVID takes a turn, and we can figure out testing, I do imagine there will be like in-person sessions probably next season, um, mostly for major producer callbacks or chemistry reads, things like that. But I do see the trend leaning towards more self-tapes for pre-reads." He added that he can see more people through self-tapes than through in-person sessions (for first pass-throughs), although he misses in-person meetings.

Pep Chat with CD David Rapaport
Put Me On Self-Tape    Jan 11, 2022

Edited by tv echo

I'm not surprised that DR/Dig is getting a pilot for another Arrowverse show and I'm not surprised that they're trying out a "Legacies" type of show again on the CW. It's just that I'm a tiny bit surprised to see them being the *same* show with Diggle in the Alaric role. Although perhaps I shouldn't be. He is Yoda after all.