Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Arrow: 6 Important Elements That Stuck Around Until The End Of The Series
BY ISAAC WILLIAMS     JANUARY 18, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-elements-stuck-around-until-the-end/ 

Nonetheless, Arrow managed to defy expections. In part, this was due to being built around a very specific set of core elements that allowed for solid stories. Much about Arrow changed. Many of its core elements were lost over time, but there were some that endured all the way through to Arrow's final season.
4/6  Oliver Queen Being Consistently Heroic
A major part of Arrow is that Oliver refused to do that. Instead, he dove back into violence and pain in order to save his city. From then, he never stopped being a hero. Even while Arrow descended into angst and personal struggles, Oliver's steadfast heroism remained one of the defining aspects of his character. It's the foundation Arrow was built on.

6/6  A Darker Tone Than Many Superhero Films
5/6  Its Message About The Impact Of The Past
4/6  Oliver Queen Being Consistently Heroic
3/6  The Consistent Message That People Can Be Better
2/6  Its Focus On Family Both Biological And Found
1/6  Largely Entertaining Villains

Edited by tv echo

David Ramsey guest-starred as John Diggle in last night's episode of Batwoman (3x09 Meet Your Maker) - below is a recap and 3 video clips from that episode featuring Diggle...

MEET YOUR MAKER RECAP
1/19/2022 7:00 pm
https://batwoman.tv/meet-your-maker-recap 

Spoiler

1. Pamala Isley: The original Poison Ivy is back and is already killing again. She kills two fishermen not adhering to the catch and release policy. John Diggle is in town and knows Jada Jet as an old friend. Ryan is ignoring Sophie as she now blames Sophie's one time hook up with Renee as a betrayal. Poison Ivy and Renee are in the forest and they are going to have to hunt her on her home turf!

2. John Diggle: With Diggle in town, he’s got a beat on where the Joker’s buzzer might be. While he didn’t accept Jada’s offer, he was in Gotham on “other business”. Renee tells Pamala of a possible way to reach out to Mary and she meditates on it. Alice and Mary are planning a vacation together when Mary feels the call from Pamela. Alice is generally concerned that she’ll lose Mary to Pamela. Ryan, Sophie and Luke head into the woods and are immediately attacked by vine monsters.
In the final wrap up moments, Luke comforts the kid he saved. Sophie and Ryan share a kiss opening the door to their romance. Luke visits his father's grave to let him know he's ready to be Batwing and wear the suit. John Diggle was there too. He had a trans-matter cube and he asked if Argus or team Batwoman could open it. Does this hold the Green Lantern ring? ....

Video Clips:

Spoiler

Diggle Meets Up With Jada - Batwoman 3x09 | Arrowverse Scenes
Arrowverse Scenes    Jan 19, 2022

Diggle & Jada Break Into Renee's Office - Batwoman 3x09 | Arrowverse Scenes

Diggle & The Green Lantern Ring - Batwoman 3x09 | Arrowverse Scenes

Edited by tv echo

Blake Lee & Ben Lewis To Headline ‘Married With Friends’ Semi-Autobiographical Comedy In Works At CBS
By Nellie Andreeva, Denise Petski   January 27, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/01/married-with-friends-comedy-blake-lee-ben-lewis-cbs-corinne-kingsbury-1234921272/ 

EXCLUSIVE: CBS is developing Married With Friends, a multi-camera comedy inspired by and starring real-life married couple Blake Lee (Cruel Summer, Fam) and Ben Lewis (Arrow).

Written by Julia Meltzer, with Fam and In the Dark creator Corinne Kingsbury supervising, Married With Friends is an ensemble about a millennial friend group navigating life, friendships, and romantic relationships (or lack thereof) with Arthur and Bo – a gay, married couple, played by Lee and Lewis, – as the glue that holds them all together.
Lee and Lewis previously starred together in Lifetime’s first LGBTQ+ holiday movie, The Christmas Setup. The film was nominated for a 2021 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding TV Movie.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

CRYPTOZOIC, WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS, AND DC ANNOUNCE RELEASE OF CZX CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
Shahriar Fouladi     January 14, 2022
https://cryptozoic.com/blogs/articles/press-release-czx-crisis-on-infinite-earths 

Lake Forest, CA – January 14, 2022 – Cryptozoic Entertainment, leading creator of tabletop games, trading cards, and collectibles, and Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC today announced the January 19 release of CZX Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Cryptozoic’s CZX® super premium trading card release features thick, glossy cards with gold Deco Foil and memorable images from DC and Warner Bros. TV’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” television crossover event, spanning episodes of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. The Autograph Card signers are led by stars Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, and Melissa Benoist, who each signed multiple versions of their cards. Moreover, CZX Crisis on Infinite Earths includes a 50-card Base Set, CZX STR PWR Chase Set, and randomly inserted one-of-a-kind, hand-drawn Sketch Cards.
Autograph Signers

Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
Grant Gustin as The Flash/Barry Allen
Melissa Benoist as Supergirl/Kara Danvers
Brandon Routh as Superman/The Atom/Ray Palmer
Caity Lotz as White Canary/Sara Lance
Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Pariah
Tom Welling as Clark Kent
LaMonica Garrett as Monitor/Anti-Monitor
Jes Macallan as Ava Sharpe
Nicole Maines as Dreamer/Nia Nal
Katie Cassidy as Black Canary/Laurel Lance
Jesse Rath as Brainiac 5/Querl Dox
Erica Durance as Alura Zor-El/Lois Lane
Mehcad Brooks as The Guardian/James Olsen
Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost/Caitlin Snow
Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak
Marv Wolfman as Author
Rick Gonzalez as Wild Dog/Rene Ramirez
Stephen Lobo as Spectre/Jim Corrigan
Osric Chau as Ryan Choi
Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox

FJezLEcVkAAY1rZ?format=jpg

Edited by tv echo

Greg Berlanti to Receive PGA’s Norman Lear Achievement Award
BY BEATRICE VERHOEVEN     FEBRUARY 4, 2022 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/greg-berlanti-pga-norman-lear-achievement-award-1235086943/ 

Producer, writer and director Greg Berlanti will receive the Producers Guild of America’s Norman Lear Achievement Award at the 2022 Producers Guild Awards on March 19, the organization announced on Friday.
“I’m incredibly honored to receive this award from everyone at the PGA, especially given it’s named after Norman Lear: the kindest, warmest and wisest legend I’ve ever had the good fortune of calling a friend,” says Berlanti. “I’m so grateful to everyone at the Producers Guild and all of my coworkers who have helped make a moment like this possible.”
Berlanti a WGA, DGA, Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated writer, director and producer, and was named one of TIME‘s 100 Most Influential people of 2020. He began his career as a television staff writer on Dawson’s Creek and then became an executive producer and showrunner of the series after one year. Since then, he has served as creator, writer and producer on shows like Everwood, Riverdale, Brothers & Sisters, Arrow, Blindspot, The Flash, Supergirl, You, Titans, Doom Patrol and The Flight Attendant, among others.

Edited by tv echo

Katie Cassidy and Katherine McNamara were part of the "Heroes Behind The Heroes" panel at the Mammoth Film Festival on Friday (Feb. 4) - strangely, only KM is mentioned in the program description, so maybe KC was a late addition...

Mammoth Film Festival, February 3-6, 2022 (Mammoth Lakes, CA)
Katherine McNamara and Katie Cassidy (also Tom Welling)
https://www.mammothfilmfestival.org/

Heroes Behind The Heroes features mega talent Jackson Spidell (John Wick, Spider Man: No Way Home, Deadpool, Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) who is not only a stuntman, but also a leading stunt coordinator in the movie industry. He is joined by award-winning actress and super star action hero Katherine McNamara (Shadow Hunters, Arrow, Maze Runner, Green Arrow andThe Canaries) who will discuss who’s behind the mask of her famous characters and the amazing stunts she has performed. (11 AM February 4, Mammoth Film Summit Building | 549 Old Mammoth Rd.)

273306631_1636539793345169_7037566463838

273380010_1636585376673944_4187839684285

(pics source)

mammothfilmfest_kmkc_020422.png.53df8777e4992cc3d525b4f1910e0267.png
(pic source)

Edited by tv echo

I was able to watch video of the Feb. 4th "Heroes Behind The Heroes" panel at Mammoth Film Festival (for free) - the panel is 50:22 minutes long, but KM only joins the panel at around the halfway mark...
https://mammothfilmfestival.in.live/show/JoEXtSyHIl 

-- Panelists: Katie Cassidy, Jackson Spidell (fight coordinator/stunt performer in MCU movies and John Wick series) and, virtually, Katherine McNamara.

-- When asked how much of her stunts she does herself and how she prepares for stunts, Katie Cassidy: "So, um, I am all about, uh, doing as much as I can, as much as I'm allowed to... In fact, on Arrow, when my character - she started out as a lawyer, um, and turned into a superhero... So her journey, through Season 1 to - well, mainly in Season 3, um, was - is to transform into a superhero... So training, fight training, jiu-jitsu, martial arts. And for me, as an actor, I like to do as much, uh, research and back story and come up with back story as possible. But also, if I can go through what the character is going through, it's very helpful. So I actually, you know, put myself through training and it was really intense. But also, at the same time, I have an amazing stunt double. Her name is Atlin. Uh, we were in Vancouver shooting and she made me also look like a badass, because I'm not allowed to jump off a building. (Laughs) ... So, yeah, I'm willing to put in as much work as they allow me, uh, but part of it does get a little - you know, insurance and tricky... I love that Atlin - she's amazing, too. She would study the way that I walked... my mannerisms when I was Black Canary. So she would mimic me and my body movement... It's just so cool to create something with other people and - and have it come to life. It's great. ... In terms of the Black Canary, I - I studied her, I watched how she moved, so - you know, I kinda came up with something for myself and, um, my version of that. And Atlin - yeah, she watched very closely and I saw her - I've seen her double for other actresses before and she'll watch and study the way they move... She'll follow what they do. It's pretty awesome to see." 

-- KC said that "even now" she still fight trains, does kick boxing and uses weapons, "just so I'm always ready." She works with a fight trainer.

-- KC described an Arrow episode where her character had to zip line off a building and she wanted to do it herself, but she wasn't allowed to do it.

-- KC said that Arrow was very safe when it came to stunts. She praised James Bamford. She also said that he was her mentor when it came to directing. She later mentioned learning his style of directing action scenes (a lot of handheld shots, one-ers, etc.).

-- KC said that she's been acting "for the last 20 years." She said that she went through Warner Bros. director's program. She said that the action experience of doing stunts as an actor helped her direct stunts as a director. She's also a writer and producer now.

-- When asked for advice to give people who are interested in acting in the heavy action genre, KC said that she feels it's her responsibility to "stay in shape" and keep up with martial arts and weapons training, so that she'll be ready just in case. She added that she's "getting better at it." She also mentioned her upcoming Agent Game movie. She now has on her resume a background in mixed martial arts, weapons training, and gymnastics. So if you want to compete for action roles, then you must be physically prepared at all times.

-- Katherine McNamara (joining the panel virtually): "It all started for me with a show called Shadowhunters. And before that show, I didn't know how to throw a punch, I didn't know how to hold a sword, I didn't know how to do anything. And the stunt coordinators on that show really took me under their wing... Not only did they take such care with crafting the fighting style of each individual creature, but they took me under their wing as a tiny, 19-year-old and said, 'no, no, no, you can do these things.' And they trained me five days a week. And I was able to do the majority of my own stunts and fighting on the show. But that was largely due to the stunt coordinator and my stunt double. 'Cause my stunt double, obviously she's a world champion martial artist, but she is my size. And watching someone who looks like me move like that, we actually created the character's style of fighting and movement together. Because she moved like a fighter and I didn't. So with the way that we learned from each other and sort of combined to create this girl who was going from an artist in Brooklyn to a demon hunter, it really had to be a fully symbiotic relationship between myself, my stunt double, the stunt coordinator and the creators of the series, so we could figure out who this girl would be and how she fights and how she goes about doing that... I was so happy to be able to carry that on to Arrow. I learned so much, you know, over the course of the four years doing Shadowhunters. So, yeah, it taught me so much and gave me so much respect for this whole world... They are my heroes in so many ways."

-- Mod then asked KatM if she found, when she moved on to Arrow, that she was "no longer a young pup anymore" but was like, "I can do this." But KC interjected before KatM could answer. 
KC: "Oh my God, can I just chime in? I want to say... she is such a badass. I remember, I was shadowing her - shadowing the director - or she was shadowing, I don't remember - but... I am blown away by what this girl is capable of doing. You're incredible. I watched her. She does all her own things. It's insane." 
KatM: "Oh, thank you! Back at you. It's funny, when Shadowhunters ended, I was so gutted, because I loved fighting at work every day. And I loved getting to go in there, because it's such a visceral part of yourself. And it becomes such a part of these characters. Getting to live that physicality is so amazing... But then, when I booked Arrow, I knew that I'd be able to carry that on, given that Mia was a cage fighter becoming a vigilante. My first scene, actually, on the show was a cage fight. And it was me and a stunt double, um, doing the entire thing. And we - we were really able to - you know, I felt like I had a solid base to be able to jump in and have a little bit of knowledge in that world. Jumping into a brand new environment, but still being able to bring everything I'd learned from the other show."

-- When asked if the Arrow producers were familiar with her action capabilities (ability to kick ass) when they hired her and whether that helped her get the part of Mia, KatM: "I would like to think so. I hope so... I certainly did everything I could to integrate those skills into the character. And - and I think, whether naturally or whether that was part of their plan in the beginning, it very much became a part of who Mia is and kind of everything her character did on the show, starting with fighting in that cage and then fighting alongside Katie and Stephen and everyone else later on as we continued on the series."

-- When asked for advice to give people who are interested in getting into the action genre as a filmmaker or actor, KatM: "I think the ways in which, um, it has become most beneficial, as with most things in the industry, is when everyone truly collaborates and works together. You know there are some people that come in and have a very specific vision, but these stunt coordinators will choreograph a lot of their fights to how they can be shot. And I've watched directors work hand in hand with stunt coordinators and - and really have that open line of communication, to adapt the fights and to adapt the shots, and to kind of work in tandem in order to achieve the maximum amount of badassery, as it were, out of the limited resources that we often have on film sets, especially now. And, you know, when you can sort of have that open line and that open dialogue of bouncing ideas off of each other and - and it even extends to the actors, because we all, you know, have limited experience in doing these or, as we train, kind of know what we're good at, and we know how we can help and adjust, whether it's helping out, you know, adjust a shot for a camera operator or for a director or stunt coordinator, or, you know, figuring out solutions. When the team can all work together, it really does exponentially increase the things that you can achieve."

-- When asked how often she films fight choreography videos to show the director and if that's common practice for every scene, KatM: "So I've done it both ways... I've had opportunities where I've rehearsed with the stunt team and been able to use - they call it a 'pre vis' - um, so I've been in the pre vis's before that get shown to the director and then approved up the line. But then sometimes, you know, there's limited time on set and we don't have the ability to be there for those rehearsals, so we get sent the pre vis sometimes, even the night before we shoot, um, and I will use those videos to try to learn it myself. But I'm in there as often as I can be."

-- When asked what's the most scared she's ever been on a stunt, KC: "I have to think about this. Uh, um (Sighs)... I've had to be on the ledge of a very tall building in the middle of the night and, uh, I was freezing and we had been working for like 14 hours or something crazy. And I just - I just was freaked out. I'm not scared of heights, but I was just like, f*ck, this is - this is the ledge. I'm looking straight down... But, you know, they put -  they put a harness on you, a line, so you're not gonna - but still, to look over the ledge... And, you know, you've got to have a lot of trust, too, which I do... Yeah, it's a little nerve-wracking. But, I don't know, I'm a bit of an extremist, so I kinda like the adrenaline rush."

-- When asked if she really shoots the bow and arrows and her archery skill level, KatM: "I've done archery since I was a kid through the Girl Scouts and things, in a much more recreational sense. But we had an amazing archery team on Arrow that trained me quite a bit, and they're world class archers... and master archers, as they're known... They trained everyone on the show, from Stephen to Colton to myself, everybody in between... What's wild about it, though, is because a bow is a long-range weapon and you're often, you know, five feet or less from the camera, they're definitely not going to let an actor shoot a live arrow on set. Ever. It just does not happen. Um, so I'm not 100 percent sure how my aim is, accuracy-wise, but my form is impeccable. I can do the somersault into a perfect shot. I can catch a bow in the air and do it. I can jump off things. I can do a lot of things. But I don't know how my aim is."

-- When asked how much she likes weapons in real life and what weapons she loves, KC: "Oh, I love kali sticks. Uh, I - do I love weapons? ... I mean... I'm down to like, you know - in Agent Game, we had rifles and machines, real ones on set, but don't worry, I made sure that Props shine a light down the barrel to show me there were no bullets, which they should always do.  Um, just saying. Um, um, I love weapons, yeah. Kali sticks. I have a tonfa stick, which my character - Paul Blackthorne, who played my father on Arrow, and he started off as a police officer. And, um, so like a hats off to him being my dad, we made my weapon a tonfa... It's like a night stick... It's like what police officers have... So that was cool. But kali sticks, I definitely - I defnitely enjoy. Uh, sword fighting is dope. Uh, uh... all the things. I don't know, I just think it's... they're all fun."
Jackson Spidell: "Would you say sword or gun?"
KC: "Sword. Yeah. I mean, c'mon. It looks way cooler in a fight scene."

-- When asked if she's ever been hurt doing her own stunts, KatM: "Although we fought with swords a lot... I guess the big answer is, touch wood, no." However, she added that she bruises easily, so she got some bruises and split knuckles, but "it's all part of the occupational hazard of it all."

-- When asked about upcoming projects, KC said that during the pandemic she got the rights to a book franchise and wrote a pilot. She also said that she did the first NFT drop last March called 'Me. She. We.' She also did a movie called I Love Us. She also has another movie called Agent Game (with Mel Gibson) that's coming out in the spring. She's also about to do two other NFT drops. 

-- When asked about upcoming projects, KatM: "A lot of things that I can't say." She mentioned that there's a lot of things in the can and a lot of things coming down the line.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Arrow: 5 Important Elements That Were Lost By The End Of The Series (& 5 That Stayed)
BY COLE KENNEDY    FEBRUARY 13, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-important-elements-stayed-didnt/ 

7/10  Stayed: The Core Trio Of Oliver, Diggle, And Felicity
Despite the growing cast of supporting characters, the trio of Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity acted as the foundation of Arrow. Most of the peripheral relationships spawned from this trio. Every new addition to Team Arrow needed approval from each of the original three.

It's interesting to read about what the showrunners intended for these characters. The additions of Diggle and Felicity were meant to be temporary. Thanks to an overwhelmingly positive fan reception, Diggle and Felicity stayed and became integral parts of Arrow. They impacted Oliver's character development and provided physical and emotional support.
1/10  Stayed: The Importance Of Family
Every major event in Oliver's life revolves around his family or the friends he'd consider family. Oliver's father sacrificed himself so that Oliver may live. His mother, when faced with Deathstroke's sword, did the same. Oliver tried to offer a shining example for his sister and eventually helped her become a hero. Tommy inspired Oliver to become a better man before he died.

Even in Arrow's later seasons, family is the main source of heart and drama. Oliver Queen's daughter from the future, Mia, provides Oliver with a glimpse of the legacy he'll leave. Those who are not his family by blood become his family over the course of Arrow.

10/10 Lost: The Lone Vigilante
9/10  Stayed: The Ever-Growing Character Of Oliver Queen
8/10  Lost: The Grounded Approach To Crime Fighting
7/10  Stayed: The Core Trio Of Oliver, Diggle, And Felicity
6/10  Lost: The Island Flashbacks
5/10  Stayed: Flashbacks In General
4/10  Lost: The Secret Identity
3/10  Stayed: A Darker Tone Than Most Superhero Shows
2/10  Lost: A Vigilante Who Kills
1/10  Stayed: The Importance Of Family

Edited by tv echo

The 100 best TV romances of all time
By EW Staff   February 14, 2022
https://ew.com/tv/100-best-tv-romances-of-all-time/ 

55. Oliver and Felicity

Arrow

As most DC Comics fans know, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a.k.a. the Green Arrow, and computer genius Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) shouldn't have been endgame on Arrow. In the comics, Oliver is romantically paired with Black Canary, and the show did explore Oliver's connection with Laurel (Katie Cassidy), who would eventually become the black leather-clad vigilante, in season 1. However, it eventually ignored the canon and Olicity became the main love story because of Amell and Rickards' undeniable chemistry, on display from their first scene in Arrow's third episode, and the two characters eventually got married. "They're such opposites. I think that's what draws everyone in a little bit," showrunner Beth Schwartz told EW in 2018. "You don't see the [love story of a] super intelligent woman and the sort of hunky, athletic man very often. She's obviously a gorgeous woman, but what he really loves is her brain." Meanwhile, Amell attributes the couple's success to the fans of Rickards' performance. "She's supremely talented and awesome and carved out a space that no one anticipated," he told EW ahead of the final season. "I don't know that the show works if we don't randomly find her." —C.A.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Love, Classified’: Hallmark Greenlights Movie Starring Melora Hardin, Arienne Mandi, Katherine McNamara & Max Lloyd-Jones
By Rosy Cordero     February 15, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/02/love-classified-hallmark-movie-greenlit-melora-hardin-1234933525/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Hallmark has greenlit Love, Classified, a romantic comedy starring Melora Hardin (The Office, Transparent), Arienne Mandi (The L Word: Generation Q), Katherine McNamara (Arrow, Shadowhunters), and Max Lloyd-Jones (The Book of Boba Fett, When Calls the Heart). Production began on the project this week in Vancouver and the movie is set to premiere in April.

Hardin portrays romance novelist Emilia, described as a whirlwind who blows back into the lives of her adult children, Taylor (McNamara) and Zach (Lloyd-Jones), under the pretense of a book signing arranged by her hometown’s local book shop. As Emilia tries to reconnect, Taylor and Zach explore new and past relationships through an app that boasts old-fashioned human connection by way of the classified ad. Zach is given a chance to heal old wounds while Taylor matches with a woman that changes the way she’s always thought about love.

“This is such a fun story from writer Lynn Sternberger, that is ultimately a story of love, family, and commitment in all its forms. With a cast that includes Melora Hardin, Arienne Mandi, Katherine McNamara, and Max Lloyd-Jones to help bring this movie to life will no doubt put a smile on the faces of our viewers this spring,” said Lisa Hamilton Daly, EVP Programming Crown Media Family Networks.

Edited by tv echo

Apparently "Green Arrow" was name-dropped in the S1 finale of Peacemaker...
https://www.cbr.com/peacemaker-dceu-green-arrow-reference/ 

Spoiler

Peacemaker Season 1, Episode 8, "It's Cow or Never," included a mention of Green Arrow, leading to a positive reaction from fans as this seemingly confirmed the character is canon in the DC Extended Universe. While Green Arrow has appeared in other live-action DC projects, namely The CW's Arrow series where the hero was portrayed by Stephen Amell, this is the first mention of the Emerald Archer in the DCEU.
"It's Cow or Never" saw Christopher Smith/Peacemaker (John Cena) and the ARGUS agents attempting to launch a sonic-boom helmet into the warehouse where the Butterflies keep their "cow." When it was suggested that they use an arrow to shoot a zipline over the fence, Adrian Chase/Vigilante (Freddie Stroma) asked, "Like Green Arrow?" Peacemaker replied, "No, not like Green Arrow. That dude goes to Brony conventions dressed as the back half of Twilight Sparkle."

Peacemaker has made several off-color claims about various DC superheroes, like Superman, Aquaman and Batman, throughout the HBO Max original series. However, fellow ARGUS agent John Economos (Steve Agee) noted, "I've actually heard that about Green Arrow. That's the first thing he's said that's real."

Edited by tv echo
On 2/17/2022 at 7:54 AM, tv echo said:

‘Love, Classified’: Hallmark Greenlights Movie Starring Melora Hardin, Arienne Mandi, Katherine McNamara & Max Lloyd-Jones
By Rosy Cordero     February 15, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/02/love-classified-hallmark-movie-greenlit-melora-hardin-1234933525/ 

Ah, I wondered why Kat was back in Vancouver. Kind of relieved she's not there to shoot another Flash episode. 

20 SLOW BURN TV SHIPS WE’RE OBSESSED WITH
By Ashley February 18, 2022Posted inTV

https://queenscouch.com/20-slow-burn-tv-ships-were-obsessed-with/

OLIVER & FELICITY – ARROW

Sparks flew on Arrow the moment Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) walked into Felicity Smoak’s (Emily Bett Rickards) life, and the rest is history. She was a tech genius and he was a billionaire playboy by day and vigilante by night, but together they became an unstoppable team. While everyone was looking at the worst he had to offer, she saw through it and brought out the good. There’s a reason the character of Felicity went from being a guest spot to series regular, and that was because of the magic that sizzled between these two. Olicity’s relationship was a bit of a rollercoaster, up one minute then down the next, and they had a lot to wade through, but whatever came their way, they faced it head-on and together.

• Love 1

JH and KR have joined MG's new L.A. Law revival series...

‘L.A. Law’: Juliana Harkavy To Star In ABC Revival Pilot
By Nellie Andreeva, Denise Petski   Feb 22, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/02/l-a-law-juliana-harkavy-abc-revival-pilot-1234958266/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Arrow alumna Juliana Harkavy has been cast as a lead in ABC drama pilot L.A. Law, a revival of the iconic Steven Bochco legal drama. She joins original cast members Blair Underwood and Corbin Bernsen, who are reprising their roles as Jonathan Rollins and Arnie Becker, respectively, as well as fellow new series regulars Hari Nef, Toks Olagundoye, Ian Duff and John Harlan Kim.
Harkavy will play Yvette Cabrera, a savvy attorney and “legal badass” who is pitted against Alana (Nef) in an unexpectedly controversial case that makes headlines. Their courtroom battle is complicated by the fact that they used to be lovers. The unresolved issues of their past relationship cause a lot of friction between these two, but there’s also undeniable sexual chemistry as well. When Yvette is appointed a new partner in Alana’s law firm, their relationship may prove increasingly complicated, to say the least.

‘L.A. Law’: Kacey Rohl To Star In ABC Revival Pilot
By Denise Petski   February 23, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/02/l-a-law-kacey-rohl-abc-revival-pilot-blair-underwood-corbin-bernsen-1234958632/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Kacey Rohl is set as a lead in ABC drama pilot L.A. Law, a revival of the iconic Steven Bochco legal drama. She joins original cast members Blair Underwood and Corbin Bernsen, who are reprising their roles as Jonathan Rollins and Arnie Becker, respectively, as well as fellow new series regulars Hari Nef, Toks Olagundoye, Ian Duff, John Harlan Kim and Juliana Harkavey.
Rohl will play Sonia Layton, a social justice warrior who works as the office administrator at McKenzie Brackman — but probably has as sharp a legal mind as any of the attorneys on staff.

Edited by tv echo

Official video of the Feb. 4, 2022 "Heroes Behind the Heroes" panel at the Mammoth Film Festival...

Mammoth Film Summit | Heroes Behind the Heroes with Jackson Spidell, Katie Cassidy and Kat McNamara
Mammoth Film Festival    Feb 22, 2022

ETA: I previously transcribed this panel in the above post here.

Edited by tv echo

30 facts about Arrow that might surprise you
by Cody Schultz    Feb 24, 2022
https://hiddenremote.com/2022/02/23/30-arrow-facts-you-may-not-know/ 

29. The real reason Caity Lotz wore a wig on Arrow

You’ve probably wondered why the already blonde Sara Lance wore a blonde wig when donning her Canary attire. As it turns out, the decision to add in the clear blonde wig was a move by the production team to ensure that the Black Canary’s hair popped against her black leather suit, thus providing additional contrast to her look.
7. What does 399471 mean on Arrow?

In the Season 1 episode Damaged, Oliver is accused of being the hooded vigilante parading around town sending arrows through various criminals’ limbs. Oliver is placed under house arrest and does what any billionaire playboy would do: throw a huge costume party and use your costume to mock the system.

Oliver shows up to the party dressed as an inmate with the number 399471 patched onto the front of his shirt. Turns out 399471 is the hex code for the shade of green used to create Oliver’s hood.
2. Olicity almost never happened

Can you imagine Team Arrow or Arrow as a series without the lovely Emily Bett Rickards’ Felicity Smoak? For Arrow fans it’s unimaginable to think of a series without Felicity, but if the writers had stuck to their original plan that’s exactly what we would have today.

As it turns out, the character of Felicity Smoak was only set to appear in one episode of the series (the third episode of Season 1 to be specific).

However, Rickards’ chemistry with Stephen Amell was so great that the network quickly took notice. What was once set to be a one-and-done appearance quickly turned into a leading role and it didn’t take long for Felicity to win fans over as well.

30. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood originated the role of Sara Lance
29. The real reason Caity Lotz wore a wig on Arrow
28. What bow did Oliver use on Arrow?
27. Oliver Queen has a Hidden Tic
26. Arrow season 1 box art features a major oversight
25. Justin Hartley was originally envisioned to lead Arrow
24. Stephen Amell inspired Oliver Queen’s workout
23. Where did the name John Diggle originate from?
22. John Diggle didn’t make his comic debut until 2013
21. Arrow kept its casting in the family
20. Love-Hate Relationship
19. How to pronounce Ra’s al Ghul
18. Liam Neeson wanted to reprise his role as Ra’s al Ghul
17. Deadshot’s victims are far from fictional
16. The secret meaning of Arrow’s Verdant club
15. Was Harley Quinn in Arrow?
14. Did Arrow use real arrows?
13. Queen Consolidated actually exists
12. Distancing itself from the Dark Knight
11. Arrow’s hidden tribute to DC Comics
10. Arrow staged a massive Spartacus reunion
9. Oliver Queen’s Bruce Springsteen connection
8. Starling City’s skyline blended several iconic skylines
7. What does 399471 mean on Arrow?
6. Iron Heights staged one of the first Arrow/Flash crossovers
5. Arrow’s Teen Titans Easter egg
4. Roy Harper’s nickname was inspired by Colton Haynes
3. Hatley Castle: Home of the Superhero
2. Olicity almost never happened
1. More to Diggle’s Story

Edited by tv echo

Video link to GalaxyCon's Virtual Meet and Greet with the Arrow cast yesterday (Feb. 26) - Caity Lotz was a recent addition to this panel; Stephen Amell is still a scheduled con guest but I think he's only doing autographs because he didn't participate in this panel...
https://galaxycon.com/pages/arrow-live-stream-0226?ml_subscriber=1873233532214580662&ml_subscriber_hash=z5k2 

Mod: Patty Hawkins (GalaxyCon)
Panelists (in order of introduction): Kelly Hu, Katrina Law, Juliana Harkavy, Katherine McNamara, Colton Haynes and Caity Lotz 

Questions:

• What was your craziest time on the Arrow set?
  • If you could have any of the abilities from the show, what would you choose and what would you use it for?
  • What would be your character's theme song? (The panel digressed into a discussion of CH's book, Miss Memory Lane: A Memoir, out May 31.)
  • Which Arrowverse villain is your favorite?
  • What would be everyone's dream project to work on?
  • Have you found yourself in possession of anything from the Arrow set?
  • What was the funniest moment you all experienced on the Arrow set?
  • Would you like your character to join the Legends team? (KM: "I volunteer as tribute.")
  • Do you prefer playing good or bad characters?
  • What are the most precious things that you've learned from your Arrow characters?
  • If you were a contestant on a game show, past or present, which would you like to be on?

Felicity/EBR and Diggle/DR Mentions:

-- Q: If you could have any of the abilities from the show, what would you choose and what would you use it for?
Katherine McNamara: "Maybe Felicity's hacking abilities, just to be able to make any electronic work for you and do whatever you want. That would be nice... Tech is not my forte."
Kelly Hu: "I agree. I agree. I would love that. I mean, if I could just be my own IT person, (Laughs) I wouldn't need a boyfriend."
Colton Haynes: "This isn't technically like a superpower, but I just want like David Ramsey's like charm and stature, and just like his aura. That's what I want. Yeah."
Katrina Law: "Just kinda like his shoulders."
Caity Lotz: "Every time I saw him, he looked bigger and bigger. And I don't know if he was like actually getting bigger or just like, if you don't see him for a week, you forget and you're like, wow, what a statuesque man!"
Colton Haynes: "They would build a runway for me every time I was in a scene with Stephen and David. So I would have to walk on a runway next to them. And I was like, what, I'm only like a foot shorter than them." (Everyone laughs.)
Caity Lotz: "See. I would be like, give me that runway... I'm normal height, okay, but we have some very tall actors. ... But then as soon as - you look tall on TV until you stand next to a tall person and then all the illusion is out the window. So, I need one of those ramps. You'll have to tell me how you got one of those."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Huh? ...

Batwoman Set Photo Shows Sophie at Laurel Lance's Grave
BY ETHAN FOX   PUBLISHED 4 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/batwoman-sophie-laurel-lance-grave-set-image/ 

In a recent post to her Instagram story in order to promote the latest upcoming episode, [Meagan] Tandy unveiled a plethora of behind-the-scenes photos that featured many of the main cast and a shocking set detail. Specifically, she showcased an image of her standing next to Laurel Lance's grave, a replica of the one seen in the season 4 episode of Arrow showcasing her death and funeral. The rest of the images also revealed a few returning characters to the series, including Sam Littlefield as Mouse, and Nathan Owens as Ocean. View the image below:
Laurel's grave appearing in an episode of Batwoman poses many questions for viewers, such as why Sophie would be in Star City in the first place, and how the appearance of Laurel's grave will tie into the events of the episode. Furthermore, many fans have been noticed questioning if this could be a hint at Earth-1 Laurel's possible return in some capacity, opening the door for Cassidy's return in the future, after crisis. Either way, the answers to these questions are sure to be extremely interesting, and fans can tune in to find out as Batwoman airs its penultimate on February 23.

Sophie-Moore-at-Laurel-Lances-Grave.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Here's Every Series in The CW's Arrowverse, Ranked
BY ARTIE GHOSH    FEBRUARY 27, 2022
https://movieweb.com/the-cw-arrowverse-series/ 

1/7  Arrow
As the first CW superhero show, Arrow laid all the foundation work for what came after it. Though it suffers from the same issue of excessive melodrama at times, its presentation of a crime-ridden city and a dishonored billionaire trying to address wealth disparity was briefly lightning in a bottle. Arrow burned incredibly bright for a short period — its later seasons would repeat previous plotlines and indulge in ideas that distracted from its original vision. Still, during that brief, magical period, Arrow had the most compelling plotlines to offer of all The CW Arrowverse series.

7/7  Batwoman
6/7  Supergirl
5/7  Superman & Lois
4/7  The Flash
3/7  Legends of Tomorrow
2/7  Black Lightning
1/7  Arrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

One of KM's fan video chats from this weekend's GalaxyCon...

Galaxy Con Miles Thaler and Katherine McNamara Video Chat
Miles Productions   Feb 26, 2022

-- When asked whether she knew anything about Arrow before she joined the show, KM: "I knew a bit, because Shadowhunters was kind of in the same world, um, as all of that. But it was different because I didn't know who I was playing. So they didn't tell me that I was going to be Oliver and Felicity's daughter until after I had been [unintelligible words] for the show. And, uh, that was a huge surprise and a huge responsibility, but a joy in the end, because I love a challenge."

-- When asked who was the most fun to work with on Arrow, KM: "I mean, I loved working with, you know, Future Team Arrow, like JoJo and Ben and all the - all those folks. But I loved - I loved working with Katrina Law. She's just so dope. Um, but I really loved working with Stephen and Emily, I think, because so much of who Mia is came from them. And they had developed their characters so well. And, uh, it was just really nice to get to put all that together."

-- In response to fan's comment that she looks like she could actually be the daughter of Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards, KM: "Thank you. The casting directors did very well on that one. We would always look at pictures and go, 'Oh my God, how did they do that?'"

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Kevin Alejandro is a former Arrow star (played Sebastian Blood in Season 2)...

Billy Burke & Kevin Alejandro Join Max Thieriot As Leads In CBS Pilot ‘Cal Fire’
By Nellie Andreeva   March 2, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/03/billy-burke-kevin-alejandro-cast-cal-fire-cbs-pilot-1234969189/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Billy Burke (Maid) and Kevin Alejandro (Lucifer) have been tapped as leads opposite Max Thieriot in CBS’ drama pilot Cal Fire, from Jerry Bruckheimer Television and CBS Studios.
In Cal Fire, Bode Donovan (Thieriot) is seeking redemption and a shortened prison sentence when he joins a firefighting program that returns him to his small Northern California hometown. There, he and other inmates work alongside elite firefighters to extinguish massive blazes across the region.
Alejandro will play Manny, a proud father and fire captain in charge of prison inmates when they are on the fire line. He has the hard-earned wisdom of a man whose life was spiraling out of control before he turned it around. Cap sees potential in Bode — that is, until he catches wind of his big secret.

Edited by tv echo