Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

(edited)

All upcoming cons for SA...

Superhero Car Show & Comic Con, August 4-7, 2022 (San Antonio, TX)
Stephen Amell and Brandon Routh
https://pmxevents.com/superhero-car-show-guests/

FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, September 22-24, 2022 (Salt Lake City, UT)
Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards (also Tom Cavanagh and Rachel Skarsten)
https://fanxsaltlake.com/guestlist/fanx22/ 

Rhode Island Comic Con, November 4-6, 2022 (Providence, RI)
Stephen Amell (also Javicia Leslie)
https://www.ricomiccon.com/celebrities

Edited by tv echo

From SDCC programming schedule...

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule 

Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed
Friday, July 22, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and showrunners Keto Shimizu (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Mickey Fisher (Reverie), Kira Snyder (The Handmaid's Tale), Deric Hughes (Quantum Leap), and executive David Sigurani (EVP, AfterShock Media) discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner’s mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a Q&A component, so bring your questions.

(edited)

The Untold Truth Of Arrow
Sergio Pereira    Jun. 23, 2022
https://www.looper.com/905736/the-untold-truth-of-arrow/ 

Stephen Amell wanted to quit much earlier
Arrow never wanted Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen
Brandon Routh was hesitant to play Ray Palmer
Oliver Queen was meant to inspire Batman
Amy Gumenick auditioned for the show several times
Manu Bennett pushed to protect the integrity of Deathstroke
Felicity Smoak was meant to be a one-episode deal
Greg Berlanti made one request for Arrow after the Green Lantern debacle
Why Arrow couldn't use Harley Quinn
Katie Cassidy said Arrow saved her life
Stephen Amell wasn't a fan of shooting the crossovers
Colton Haynes said a co-star made him quit Arrow

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

David Nykl (who played Anatoly Knyasev on Arrowtweeted that he will be guest starring on Kung Fu...

FYtAvBlUcAAIkSj?format=jpg

Also, Cynthia Addai-Robinson (who played Amanda Waller on Arrow) is starring in the new Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series on Amazon Prime...

Edited by tv echo

‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’: Rick Gonzalez And Brent Antonello Join Season 3 Cast
By Rosy Cordero   July 29, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/07/law-and-order-organized-crime-rick-gonzalez-brent-antonello-season-3-cast-1235081473/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Rick Gonzalez (Arrow, Coach Carter) and Brent Antonello (Pam & Tommy, A Jazzman’s Blues) have joined the cast of NBC’s Law & Order: Organized Crime for Season 3. The duo will portray NYPD detectives assigned to the Organized Crime unit.
Gonzalez most recently starred in the Peacock series The Lost Symbol, based on the Dan Brown novel of the same name. Prior to that, he portrayed Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog in the CW’s Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.

On the film side, credits include Coach Carter, Old School, The Guilt Trip, and War of the Worlds.

Echo Kellum has joined the ensemble cast of an as-yet-untitled comedy film from writer-director Noah Pritzker...

Griffin Dunne, Rosanna Arquette & More Set For Noah Pritzker Comedy From Play Book Productions And Pimienta Films
By Matt Grobar    July 26, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/07/griffin-dunne-rosanna-arquette-more-set-for-noah-pritkzer-film-1235078025/ 

Others joining the ensemble include Eisa Davis (Mare of Easttown), Marcia Jean Kurtz (If Beale Street Could Talk), John Ventimiglia (The Sopranos), Lou Taylor Pucci (You), Echo Kellum (Grand Crew), Ian Owens (Shrill), Pedro Fontaine (Spider), Simon Van Buyten (Chaussée d’Amour), Nate Mann (Licorice Pizza), Zora Casebere (On the Rocks) and Rachel Zeiger-Haag (Monsterland).

Edited by tv echo

Video of SA panel at the Superhero Car Show & Comic Con (San Antonio, TX) on Saturday - I only transcribed Arrow-related comments...

Arrow Actor Stephen Amell Live Q&A at San Antonio Comic Con
Tales From The Collection: Autographs & Fan Mail    Aug 6, 2022

-- When asked which was his favorite season and his least favorite season of Arrow, SA: "My favorite season is Season 1, um, just because it's like, you know, we have - we have two kids now - which one's your favorite? (Whispers) The first one. (Laughs) No. The second one's great, but, you know, the first one. ... The first season was my favorite, for sure. Just the basics of accomplishing it in the first place. ... My least favorite season was Season 4. I loved all the people that I worked with in Season 4. It just had slowly, in my mind, shifted away from the core of our show. The core of Arrow is about fighting crime and working on my relationships in Star City. By Season 4, we had worked so hard to help fold in shows like The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow that it didn't feel like our show that much anymore. But I had a conversation at the end of Season 4 with our Big Boss and I said, you know, can we get back to fighting crime in Star City? And, as a result, we got Season 5, which is what, I think, one of our strongest seasons."

-- When asked how he thought Oliver's life would have changed if Moira had kept from Oliver that he was a father, SA: "So if Oliver figured out that he was a father way back when? I don't know. He probably doesn't get on the Gambit. I'm probably not here right now because there's no - there's no Arrow show. I don't know. That's - you know how much I love hypotheticals. I don't like them at all."

-- When asked, since there is a DC multiverse, if there is a universe where Oliver Queen exists and if we would see SA portray him, SA: "Well, I mean, it was just announced that he exists on the Superman and Lois universe, right? ... I was talking with David Ramsey the other day. No. It was announced that he does. Um, yeah, I mean, portraying Oliver again, I would love it. Uh, I think it was time to go after eight years... You and I talk about this all the time, that sometimes you miss the security of it. But I feel like - I feel like we left at the right time... I feel like I danced all night but left just before the lights came on in the bar. Do you guys know what I mean? ... But if it came time to do it again, if the story's right - I owe so much to portraying that character that I can't imagine that I would just draw a hard line of 'no.' But, that being said, we get back into hypotheticals again, no one has approached me about anything. So it's tough to say."

-- If SA was approached with a 10-episode proposal where SA got to pick the storyline, what happens with Oliver, and the circumstances, SA: "Well, yeah. I mean, yes.... What would the pitch be? That's nobody's business. ... Well, you know how like Hugh Jackman got to play Wolverine for years and then he got to play Logan? Yeah, that. (Mod Cass asked, "So you'd like to die again?") No. I'd like to - I'd like to drive off into the sunset."

-- When asked what life-long lessons he took from filming Arrow, SA: "Patience. Patience is really important... It's not about what you're asking for as much as - it's often about when you ask for it... I didn't notice the amount of patience that I gained over eight years on Arrow until I started on Heels. And you start a new project and you have a new perspective. ... And I also couple patience with persistence... Just because you don't accomplish something doesn't mean that trying didn't move you somewhat closer to the goal."

-- When asked to compare filming The CW's Arrow and filming Starz's Heels, SA: "On Arrow, I always wanted more time to things... I wanted the scene to have more breathing room. I wanted to be able to take more pauses. I wanted to be able to just have a conversation like it was more real life like you have conversations in real life and not have a conversation where you're rushing towards the commercial break. So I would always want more time on Arrow. And now that I'm on Heels, I'm getting a lot more time, but I'm also sitting there going, 'why aren't we moving faster?' So I'm trying to have my cake and eat it, too.... But I like this process. The only thing that's weird on Heels is that, for eight years on Arrow we didn't ever change a day because of weather. Like, we might have shot somewhere one night and the next night there's a bunch of snow on the ground. It's like, well, whatever, and we would just press on. And on Heels, we will constantly change the schedule around because of the threat of rain. And I always tell them, I'm like, we're not shooting in Arizona, we're shooting in Georgia in the springtime, what do you guys expect? So - that's okay, though."

-- When asked if he still practices archery, SA: "I haven't practiced archery in a little bit... Mavi and I are going to join the Austin Archery Club, which is right by, um, our spot that we have in Texas. So I'll be shooting a little bit there. But, um, I have to get a proper bow. I have the actual bow that I shot in the pilot of the show, because I stole it... I thought that I had lost it for the past year. I thought it had been stolen from our garage or misplaced or whatever. Uh uh. Someone grabbed it from the garage and took it out back and shot into our practice net and then left it behind a thing so -.... It might've been me. No, it might've been me. 100 percent."

-- When asked who he would pick to play Green Arrow on the big screen, SA: "I don't know. But whoever does - and I'm sure that the character will exist again, because it has some - you know, there is some currency to the Green Arrow character now on screen that was, you know, started by Justin Hartley in Smallville and helped along, uh, by me... You know, it'll be somebody that - that they'll be announced as being cast as Green Arrow and the entire internet will take a giant crap on it. And that typically means that they've done the right job. ... I remember when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker and everyone's like, no! The guy from 10 Things I Hate About You? No! No, no, no, no, no, no. Except yes. He was awesome."

-- When asked for his favorite Arrowverse crossover, SA: "My favorite crossover was when Barry and I switched bodies... That was fun because that was like - that was like, in the midst of - you know, the crossovers had gotten so giant. I think the - the previous one was... Crisis On Earth-X, right? But, I mean, we'd gotten to the point where everyone's just fighting aliens all the time. And that's all funny and stuff like that, but I just like the Elseworlds crossover because we - we got to just - it's almost like a little bit of a buddy comedy. And also, like, I remember as a fan watching a cut for the first time... And when we announced that we were going to, I think, was Earth-38, to Smallville, and they actually played the Smallville theme song, I was watching a cut and I just assumed that they just put that in there for fun. But it was actually, you know, it was actually the Smallville music. And I just remember, like, geeking out as a fan, thinking it was really cool."

-- When asked how he would like to see The Flash series end, SA: "Listen, things were supposed to end a certain way for Oliver. It was kind of predetermined. Barry has such a good disposition about him that, if the show didn't end with, you know, a wink and a smile or something of the like or a happily ever after - I would just like to see a happily ever after for him."

-- When asked for a new tagline for the Green Arrow, SA: "When he comes back to the Arrowcave after like a night out, 'Let's get some breakfast... Texas Toast.'"

-- When asked which was his favorite Arrow suit and his least favorite Arrow suit, SA: "My favorite Arrow suit was probably in the second season. It was basically the first season suit but we just made a couple of little adjustments that were less, um, clunky and a little bit more streamlined and a little bit less apt to catch on things when I was out doing stuff and in the suit for hours and hours and hours. Um, and my least favorite suit just from a practical standpoint was when we took the sleeves off in Season 4, just because, you know, I'm trying to get into Green Arrow vengeance mode on a rooftop at 4 am in Vancouver and it's tough to do that when I'm wearing my puppy warm-up jacket. I didn't like it as much. So the Season 5 suit is the Season 4 suit if we just put the sleeves on."

-- When asked what he misses the most about Arrow, SA: "What do I miss the most about Arrow? The camaraderie that I would have. I mean, we saw David Ramsey the other day and I hadn't seen him in a long time. Um, I made a lot of really good friends with the crew. I mean, you spend more time with them for the first, you know, six or seven years of the kiddo's life than I - you know, I spent more time with them than I did with you guys (Looking at mod Cass, who said, "That is true."). ... So I miss that. I miss - I miss Vancouver. I miss Vancouver when the sun would shine from August through the beginning of October... I also miss Vancouver when it was January and it was just gross, because it lent itself to - it lent itself to the - sort of the - the canvas that we used for the show. ... It was really difficult to shoot Arrow when it was beautiful and sunny outside."

-- When asked how he felt about the new direction of Warner Brothers and, in general, the current state of DC on TV and film, SA: "The new direction of Warner Brothers? I gotta be honest. I have no idea. I'm not - I'm not following it." He explained that he was in production on Heels and then on vacation, so he wasn't paying attention. He then added: "I just read that they scrapped a movie. That's weird... Yeah. They scrapped Batgirl. That's weird. That's weird."

-- When asked if he would ever jump ship and join the Marvel universe, SA: "Why would that be jumping ship? I'm not under contract." Mod Cass: "Then let's say, board a new ship." SA: "Yeah, sure.... I was lucky enough to grab dinner last night with Giancarlo Esposito... He was chatting with me. He's like, you know, what do you think is next? And I said, well, I don't know. I would be very disappointed if there wasn't a Season 3 of Heels. And I just watched a very early cut of Code 8: Part II... But he was like, what do you think is next? And I said, well, I don't know. The right thing? And he went, yeah, that's what's next. But... when the right thing pops up - I knew nothing about Heels the day before I was talking with you about signing up for it. And I knew nothing about Arrow the day before I auditioned and then five days later I had the part."

Came across an EBR mention in this EW article about Season 4 of Love Island USA (currently airing on Peacock)....

Meet the bombshells coming to Love Island USA for Casa Amor
By Alamin Yohannes    August 08, 2022
https://ew.com/tv/love-island-usa-season-four-casa-amor-new-cast/?slide=b34e08fa-d004-41ed-96bc-dace9cbbb748#b34e08fa-d004-41ed-96bc-dace9cbbb748 

Kyle Fraser, 29

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Celebrity Crush:: Emily Bett Rickards

Fun Facts: Kyle is great with accents and impressions, and he sleeps with his stuffed dinosaur, Dane.

Edited by tv echo

Why ‘Shadowhunters’ cast member Katherine McNamara wants to meet you
by: Rianna de Bono-Smith    August 12, 2022
https://filmdaily.co/obsessions/shadowhunters/katherine-mcnamara/ 

The Heroes of the Shadow World convention will be held Friday, August 19 – Sunday, August 21, 2022. Make sure you grab your passes before the date arrives! Here’s what Shadowhunters cast member Katherine McNamara had to say about the upcoming event.
You were also cast as the iconic Mia Smoak in the DC Universe. Will you ever return to the role? 
I would love to! Mia has been bouncing around the DC Universe looking for William so I sure hope to have the opportunity to play out that storyline. I can’t leave William held hostage somewhere in the multiverse! Truly, it was such an honor to take on the mantle of the Green Arrow and pursue that legacy.  That responsibility means the world to me and I would love nothing more than to pick up the bow again.  
What are you working on next? 
I’m absolutely thrilled to share that next I’m off to the world of the Wild West in Walker:  Independence for The CW premiering October 6th. From Shadowhunters Legacy, to the Legacy of the Green Arrow, I’m moving into the Walker Legacy playing the first Walker in Texas in the Walker: Texas Ranger universe. 

This is another story full of rich characters and a world with rules all its own – but instead of magic and monsters, we have dirt, blood, and revenge.

Edited by tv echo

FYI...

The CW Poised To Get New Corporate Home As Nexstar Confirms Plan For 75% Ownership Stake; Mark Pedowitz To Remain CEO
By Dade Hayes   August 15, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/the-cw-nexstar-new-owner-closes-deal-broadcast-tv-1235092108/ 

Created in 2006 as a way of consolidating at UPN and the WB, the CW has been a 50-50 venture between the various owners of CBS and Warner Bros since then, generating a string of shows with youth appeal like Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Gossip Girl, Riverdale and All American. Viewership on the linear network, consistent with that on across broadcast TV, tends to be 50 and older, but the network’s free, ad-supported streaming app and social channels draw younger, avid audiences concentrated in the desirable 18- to 34-year-old demographic.

Arrowverse Alum Marc Guggenheim Signs With CAA (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson    Aug 15, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/arrowverse-marc-guggenheim-caa-1235341700/ 

Marc Guggenheim has signed with CAA for representation, Variety has learned exclusively.
Guggenheim is perhaps best known for his work in The CW’s so-called Arrowverse — its collection of shows based on DC Comics characters. He co-created the first of those shows, “Arrow,” along with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. The show ultimately aired for eight seasons and 170 episodes. Guggenheim, Berlanti, and Kreisberg, along with Phil Klemmer, then went on to create the DC show “Legends of Tomorrow,” which ran for seven seasons and 110 episodes. He also developed the animated DC series “Vixen” and served as a writer and executive producer on “Supergirl.”
He has also written for major comic book publishers on titles including “The Flash,” “X-Men,” and “Amazing Spider-Man” as well as video games like “Call of Duty 3.” He is currently writing “Star Wars: Han Solo and Chewbacca” and “Star Wars: Yoda” for Marvel Comics. His feature adaptation of “Prophet” is in development starring Jake Gyllenhaal, with Sam Hargrave attached to direct.

Edited by tv echo

Neal McDonough & ‘Riverdale’s Casey Cott Set For Ben Cory Jones’ Football Drama ‘Black Spartans’
By Matt Grobar  August 15, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/neal-mcdonough-riverdales-casey-cott-set-for-football-drama-black-spartans-1235092464/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Neal McDonough (The Flash) and Casey Cott (Riverdale) will headline the sports drama Black Spartans, written and to be directed by Ben Cory Jones (Insecure), which is heading into production in Atlanta this fall.

Exploring the explosive era of the mid-1960s where social upheaval paved the way for a new order in college football, Jones’ first feature tells the story of the first fully integrated college football team. The film is inspired by the Michigan State Spartans team, coached by Duffy Daugherty, which forever changed the face of the sport.

From KM's July 9th panel - I only transcribed some of her comments...

Montreal Comiccon 2022 | Katherine McNamara Panel (Part 1)
leavingubehind   Aug 21, 2022

-- In response to fan question about how she felt to be part of the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover, KM: "Grateful. Truly. You know, I - when I first auditioned, I didn't know I was auditioning for Stephen - er, Stephen and Felicity - Oliver and Felicity's daughter. Um, the character breakdown was for a rookie cop with a dark past, which is not Mia at all. But I got a call from the showrunner who - after - after I signed my contract, after I was cast. And she said to me, 'Hey, um, we're so happy to have you. Everything you know is a lie. You're Oliver and Felicity's kid, by the way. We don't know anything else, but we'll tell you later.' I'm going, (Reacts with deep breaths) because I knew how important Olicity is to the fandom. And I knew how much work Stephen and Emily had put in, and these great characters that they built over what was then six years. And I'm going, I have to somehow come in here and be the personification of Olicity. How? How? And - and - I mean, I was lucky because the writers gave me such - so much to do, and they created such an amazing character in Mia. And then I had fun. I went back and I watched all six seasons and started pulling mannerisms from Oliver and mannerisms from Felicity. I went, what are my favorite qualities and what are the most messed up qualities of both of these individuals and how can I mush them together into one person? And then was born Mia Smoak."

Montreal Comiccon 2022 | Katherine McNamara Panel (Part 2)

-- In response to fan question about The Devouring Gray (the novel that is being developed into a movie by KM, Gregg Sulkin and Cameron Fuller), KM said that they're still working on it and that "it's still very much alive."

-- In response to fan question about if and when KM, KC, CL and JH will get together and write music as The Canaries, KM: "Omigosh. That's a great idea. First of all, I miss those ladies. And second of all, we should just make a band. That'd be so fun. Or at least, you know, have a karaoke night at the very least."

-- In response to fan question about the Canaries spinoff from Arrow, KM: "Unfortunately, that was squashed a bit by the pandemic... There was a plan for a potential opportunity for that and the - the second to last episode of Arrow is technically the first episode of what the spinoff would've been, with, you know, Mia taking on the mantle of her father and the Canaries being there to support and, uh, be that new kind of team moving forward. And to, you know, find William because he's kidnapped somewhere in the Arrowverse. We still don't know. Um, so I don't know if that series will ever come to fruition. And I don't think it will. But Mia is still very much part of the world. You know, I was so fortunate to be a part of The Flash Armageddon last season, which was so fun. And from that, the writers did such a great job of, you know, reassuring me at least and, hopefully, the audience that Mia is still very much a part of this world. And I will not rest until we find William... At this point, it's like - it's either - he's either gonna be another Oliver Queen or a super villain at this point. I want to find out. Plus, I miss Ben."

Montreal Comiccon 2022 | Katherine McNamara Panel (Part 3)

-- In response to fan question about which character was her favorite to play, KM: "I can never directly answer this question because it's like picking a favorite child... When you play characters, especially having done a lot of television, you live with that person and you live in their - literally in their skin for so long, they become a part of you. And you always leave a little bit of yourself in that character as well. ... Each character provides a different challenge and each character is - becomes a part of a different phase of your life."

-- In response to fan question about future projects or what she'd like to do in the future, KM: "Yeah. I'll answer that in two parts... I guess, the thing at the forefront that I can talk about is Walker: Independence... which is the new, uh, prequel spinoff of Walker and Walker: Texas Ranger. For the Supernatural fans out there... I am now playing Jared Padalecki's great great great great grandmother? Not something I thought I'd say for another couple of decades, but hey, why not? It's 2022... It's gonna be really fun. We start shooting in a couple of weeks. And, uh, the trailer's online if you want to check it out. We start airing October 6th on The CW. And, um, it's not your mama's Western. You know, we're taking the... idea of a Western and infusing color and music and vibrancy into the world, diversity, and it's - we're taking all the Western tropes that you've seen from time to time again and subverting every single one of them, and presenting the West in, hopefully, what is a much more historically accurate way than it sometimes is. And in a way that has so many characters and artists playing them that are phenomenal, from top to bottom. And I can't wait for people to see this show. Also, I'm developing some producing and directing things that hopefully will head out in the world at some point. But that's, you know, further down the line."

-- In response to fan question of which character in which franchise would she want to be if she had a choice of any franchise and character, KM: "Just something in Star Wars for like 2.5 seconds. Just please."

-- In response to fan question about whether she wants to return as Mia in The Flash's final season and maybe finally solve William's kidnapping, KM: "I mean, we better find William before this is all over. That wouldn't be fair. You know, it's the whole Queen family thing. We've all fought so hard for so many generations to find each other. We just want to be happy. We just want one Queen family holiday where somebody's not missing or on an island or, you know, dead or something. Goodness. Um, but yes, I'd really be happy to go back if - you know, just throw the Green Arrow sigil in the sky and I'll come running."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Aug. 21 panel with Paul Blackthorne and Matt Ryan at Wales Comic Con...

Arrowverse Panel (Matt Ryan & Paul Blackthorne) - Wales Comic Con: Homecoming - Aug 2022
Geektown    Aug 22, 2022

Edited by tv echo

KM talked about Arrow and a lot about her new CW series Walker: Independence in this podcast interview with Michael Rosenbaum...

Katherine McNamara on Walker Prequel, Arrow Spinoff, Shadowhunters, Changes at Hallmark & More
Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum    Aug 23, 2022

-- On her willingness to return to the Arrowverse even as a guest star, KM: "Oh, yeah. Just put that Green Arrow signal in the sky and I'll come running."

-- On whether the Arrowverse producers will bring her back as Mia, KM: "I would hope so. I mean, I'm not dead. You know, I'm not dead on a slab yet. So I'm hoping. And plus, my brother's still missing. It's a whole thing... I gotta find the other Olicity baby, you know what I mean? ... You can't have wanton Queen children running around the Arrowverse."

-- On the Green Arrow & The Canaries spinoff not going forward, KM: "That was hard, you know. Again, because it's Mia and it's a character that I love so much, and we all worked so hard on that pilot. ... It was such a journey. We all say that. But it was in between Crisis On Infinite Earths and the series finale of Arrow. We shot a backdoor pilot for this spinoff, and somehow our crew was so incredible and they pulled it together, and the writers and everyone was stretched so thin, and made a pilot that was great and people really seemed to love it. And we loved it. And it was very well received. But it's just one of those things that - you have to trust in the universe that if it's meant to be yours, it will be, and if it's not, there's something else out there for you. ... As much as I would have loved to do that show, and I still would love to continue Mia's journey moving forward, the fact that I - that Mia still exists in the world, and I have a new story to tell with a new character that is equally as challenging and interesting and complex, it's really exciting. I can't complain."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Lifetime Sets Two Ripped-From-Headlines Movies Featuring Kellie Martin, Colton Haynes & More
By Lynette Rice    August 18, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/lifetime-new-movies-kellie-martin-colton-haynes-october-1235095271/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Two new ripped-from-the-headlines movies are planned for Lifetime in October that star Kellie Martin (Army Wives), Colton Haynes (Arrow) and more.

Airing Oct. 22, Swindler Seduction features Haynes in a dual role playing crooked twin brothers. The inspired-by-true events thriller exposes the world of the romantic con artists, i.e. men who earn their living off women who they fool and steal from. It also stars Gabrielle Graham (Twenties).
Beyond The Headlines: Swindler Seduction and Beyond The Headlines: An Amish Sin will debut directly after each respective premiere, and will include interviews and deeper insights among the current events highlighted.

SS_07112022_AC_0029_TD.jpg

Caity Lotz will be in Toronto today (Saturday) and in Anaheim tomorrow (Sunday) - ClexaCon will have a big Arrow presence with Caity, Katie, Katrina, Janina and Bex...

Edited by tv echo

From Katrina Law & Bridget Regan panel at ClexaCon on Aug. 28...

Both KL and BR were in Legend of the Seeker - Katrina was a guest star in 2 episodes, while Bridget had the female lead role of Kahlan Amnell in all 3 seasons of that series:

Edited by tv echo

Dallas Fan Festival, October 14-16, 2022 (TX)
Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards
https://fanexpohq.com/dallasfanfestival/celebrities/ 

ETA:
This will be their second upcoming joint con appearance - as previously posted, SA and EBR are both scheduled for another con in September...

FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, September 22-24, 2022 (Salt Lake City, UT)
Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards
https://fanxsaltlake.com/guestlist/fanx22/ 

Edited by tv echo

Also, Emily, David and Colton will be at Dragon Con this weekend (that makes 3 upcoming con appearances for Emily)...

Dragon Con, September 1-5, 2022 (Atlanta, GA)
Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Lexa Doig, Rachell Luttrell and Alexander Calvert (also Arthur Darvill, Olivia Swann, Danielle Panabaker and Danielle Nicolet)
https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see-2/guests/ 

I believe the Arrow panel is scheduled for Saturday (Sep. 3) at 1:00pm ET:
Dragon Con Quick Start Guide 2022 

Edited by tv echo

In this interview, Rick Cosnett talked a little about Arrow and mentioned Emily...

-- RC: "The studios are right next door to each other as well, um, in Vancouver... And so it was pretty cool... If we wanted, we could just go over, um, literally, like two minute walk in the same building, really, and see what they were doing that day on Arrow. Sometimes I went to visit... Yeah, it was pretty cool... Their trailers are all like really close as well, so you just see people walking around, like, 'Hi. Hey, Emily.' ... Yeah, it was really fun."

Rick Cosnett Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Aug 23, 2022

EBR has cancelled her guest appearance at Dragon Con this weekend, but David Ramsey and Colton Haynes are still scheduled to appear...

Dragon Con, September 1-5, 2022 (Atlanta, GA)
David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Lexa Doig, Rachell Luttrell and Alexander Calvert (also Arthur Darvill, Olivia Swann, Danielle Panabaker and Danielle Nicolet)
https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see-2/guests/ 

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse's David Ramsey Teases His Green Lantern Future
By Jennifer McDonough   September 3, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/arrowverse-green-lantern-david-ramsey-future

While The Direct was in attendance at Atlanta's DragonCon this weekend, Arrow vet David Ramsey explained how the end to his character’s Green Lantern story arc came about in a Season 8 episode of The CW’s The Flash. He also added the storyline could be picked up on Superman & Lois, remarking “Maybe the ring is still there?”:

“It’s not resolved. Eric [Wallace] called me, showrunner of The Flash, and he had a pitch for me to end the saga, the Green Lantern Saga within the Arrowverse. And the reason why he did is because the Arrowverse was ending, right? It’s gonna end with Flash and um- all the other shows would go. And we knew, not at the time, I knew but you didn’t know yet, that Todd [Helbing] was going to reveal in Superman & Lois that the Superman & Lois-verse, if you will, exists on another planet, on a different Earth, and these characters are still alive. And the idea is perhaps there’s a world where we can explore the Flash, or maybe just Barry Allen. Maybe he is Flash, maybe he isn’t. Is Oliver Queen alive? Maybe he is. Maybe the ring is still there?“
“Y’know, these questions where you can kind of- It’s almost a reboot. Superman & Lois allows us to reboot the Arrowverse in a way that we didn’t really think before. And when he revealed that, when Todd initially revealed that, there were a lot of moans and groans about “Oh, we’re no longer in the Arrowverse.” But I think it was smart. It was [Greg] Berlanti’s brainchild and I think it was smart because it allows us to grow outside of the Arrowverse, which we weren’t allowed to do. So, to answer your question is that the ring is still around. It exists in Superman & Lois, it’s been denied the same way it was in the Arrowverse, but [John Diggle] didn’t go through the same thing”
“Hopefully, we get to explore some of that, but it just depends. CW was just bought, Warner Bros. was just bought. We aren’t quite sure what’s happening politically in that whole landscape, and we’ll hopefully have some of those answers soon.”
“I wanna be Green Lantern with a really good budget. Because the stories are gonna be great because Greg is gonna make sure they are. Now, there is a Green Lantern story coming to HBO Max, just so you know. And I think, I think, don’t quote me on this… It is, but I think that’s exploring Guy Gardner and Jessica Cruz and some others. The big properties of Hal Jordan and John Stewart are still kind of preserved. So yes, if we had an HBO Max budget or even a bigger budget, Superman & Lois has a beautiful budget, you can see it in the show in the production value. So if we had something like that.”

• Useful 1

Video of last portion of Arrow panel with David Ramsey and Colton Haynes at Dragon Con (Atlanta, GA) on Sep. 3 -- I transcribed most of the comments...

Scorpion core universe ( arrow with David Ramsey )
scorpion core universe    Sep 8, 2022

Got there late arrow with David Ramsey so have fun watching. Might be short but it's awesome.

-- David Ramsey: "There's a little bit of course correction, I think, that kind of has to be done, because, um, the sacrifice supposedly brought all these universes together. Right? But now we're seeing that there's another [universe] in Superman and Lois. So how that happens, I don't know yet. So, um, which Earth? I like the one Superman and Lois is on. Um, I think Todd - Todd also said that the heroes are there, um, but Superman is - is the greatest of them. But also I've heard that Melissa might be doing something in the show, too. There's been rumors about that. She wants to, right? I read the same thing. So there's just a lot floating around... The answer is, I don't know which Earth I would prefer, probably the one Superman and Lois is on. But I'm - I'm just kind of interested in what's going to happen with this whole brainchild of Berlanti and how they're going to kind of put it together with Superman and Lois. Um, like what's - what's next? Will we see Oliver Queen? Will we see Roy? Are Oliver and Felicity married? Do they know each other? I mean, just stuff like that could be fun. You know. So I'm curious to see where this goes."

-- On what it was like working with the whole Arrow cast for 8 seasons, Colton Haynes: "It really was this feeling right from the beginning, like Emily and I met in a van because we - it was the first season and we heard that DJ, uh, Steve Aoki was going to be the DJ at, um, Club Ard - Arden? Verdant? Verdant. Um, I was thinking of Arjun.... Verdant. And so he was actually our DJ. So we met in a transpo van and then we've been in several ever since. And David, we have - I just have so many - every birthday I make David a collage of like just ridiculous videos that we have together. The Tina Turner one is just absolutely insane. I won't get into that. But, uh, no, it really - it was said when it was ending. And, um, it felt, you know, it felt like I blinked and it was over. ... Every time we get to come together, it's - it's like no time had left. So it really is something really special that you don't - you don't get on a lot of - a lot of other shows."
DR: "It really is true when we say this, like, I would work with, um, Colton and John and Emily and Stephen on, you know, a half hour comedy or Grey's Anatomy or any hour medical drama because it was - it was lovely just coming to work with them. You know, it was - it was great coming to work every day. ... Look... when we say 10, 12, 14 hour days, literally in a box in that boundary we will work for hours and hours and hours. And - and, you know, we would just - we would come there when it was light and then, you know, leave in the dark. And it was these relationships that really made us - made it worth coming to work... As much fun as the show is, and you're watching, oh, it's great, look at these stunts, look at that effect, it was really about coming to work every day and working with these guys... It was the highlight of my career."

-- On Arrow having so many amazing actresses and female characters, DR: "Well, it's Greg Berlanti. I mean, he's - so much diversity that he brought. These characters were there because of him... You know, there are a lot of showrunners in this business. The Shondas and the David Wolfs and they're all fantastic and brilliant... just brilliant.... Greg was able to, uh, to do what he said... And not that other showrunners don't, because they do. There are a lot of great people in our business. ... The other question about Warner Brothers and CW, so many politics, so much politics. And Greg was able to navigate that and look us as talent in the eye and say, you know, 'yes' or 'no' and give us a reason. And it was just so genuine. So these characters were there. These great characters were there that wouldn't have been maybe otherwise because of him."
CH: "I worked with Katie Cassidy on Melrose Place, the reboot, before Arrow. I played like the young, drug-addicted, uh, Hollywood star. Ha, ha. Funny. ... And she played my publicist. And then right after that, I went on to work with her on the show and something about Katie is like, you can give Katie 10 pages of dialogue and she will learn it in 10 minutes. She will spout it off quick... It's just this thing. It's locked into her. I don't know what it is. It's just really incredible to watch. And, um, you know, even with the addition of like Jules, like Juliana Harkavy, like, just the most - like, one of the most special human beings that I've ever met. And also with Emily, it really is just - I don't know, really, Greg and that whole team... They see something special that's not just an audition tape, that's not just the ordinary kind of cookie cutter thing that a lot of, um, networks just slot into place. And then they really - they believe in their talent... I think that's really happened a lot with, um, you know, a lot of the female characters on their shows."

-- On what unfinished mission would they want to undertake if they only had one more opportunity to play their Arrow characters, CH: "I would've loved for them to, like, focus on or tell more of the story of Roy post, um, arm, you know, that situation... That would have been really fun. But, um, going back... I don't know. It would have been fun - I didn't work with Stephen as much as I did in the beginning of the show and, um, there was always some really great scenes with that, and we had a lot of that mentor relationship. So maybe - yeah, maybe do more of that."
DR: "Yeah. A couple of things that I would - I would want to go back for Diggle. I want him to go back and stop Barry from, um, from dismantling my daughter Sara. He made her disappear. That. And, um ... I would like to explore Diggle eventually taking his father's name, John Stewart. We find out that his father was General Stewart... So I would have liked to have seen him iron out their relationship and then officially kind of take the name."
CH: "And there was like - there was gonna be a - there's gonna be a couple different storylines. Originally, there was going to be a Katana storyline, but - which, I think, they actually cast the actress, but she had just, um, she was going to have a baby... Then there was going to be - which, this would have pissed you all off, oh my God... I'm so glad I didn't get involved, like embroiled in this - but there was going to be a love triangle between me and Felicity and, um, and the Arrow.... We were gonna like be fighting over and - I just think that - that would have been such a weird - because obviously their relationship - I'm the one who would have gotten the brunt of all the [unintelligible word]."
DR: "Who would have lost in that one?"
CH: "Me. Because, yeah - but, um, that would have been weird. But, I think, that they had talked about that for a bit and then, thank God, they didn't. Yeah. ... I like their relationship. So."

-- On which character in the Arrowvverse would he like to direct in Superman and Lois in the future, DR: "Honestly, I would love to direct Oliver... I want to know where Oliver is in this universe. ... Is he, you know, the New 52 Oliver? Is he, um, Injustice Oliver? ... What version of him are we dealing with? ... I would love to see that. ... Yeah. It would be Oliver Queen."

-- On any scenes that changed the perception or trajectory of their characters, DR: "For me, there was a time when I wasn't sure... There was real fighting between Oliver and Diggle. Like real, uh, philosophical, Bruce Wayne-Dick Grayson fighting. Right? They both want the same thing, but they - they, uh, had two different ways of getting it. And I - I wasn't quite sure - at first, I was sure that I, um - what the purpose was, it was, they wanted it to be like, um, Steve - Steve Rogers and Tony Stark in that they were both right. Right? Um, but there were a few times where I thought, ah, John's wrong. John's wrong. And we had to go back and rewrite some stuff and I asked some questions. I didn't write it, obviously, but I had some real problems with kind of keeping John, um - because sometimes - because sometimes things are written in service of a bigger story... And you can get lost in all this work you've done for the past six seasons, because they're trying to service this moment. And it's like, well, that doesn't make sense because in Season 3 we did this. You know. So sometimes it has to be reminded. So I would say, there wasn't anything that changed my trajectory, but there were times we had to do some course correction to make sure we stay on track."
CH: "I had a scene with Cisco from The Flash, um, with Carlos. And, um, I say something like, 'I'm really starting to like this guy' or something, when he was kind of talking trash about the Arrow... I said something funny and then they kept - they started writing my character to be a little more - like less brooding and a little more funny in a way. Not - he wasn't like, you know, getting laughs, but it was definitely written - started to write - written a little differently after that scene. And it also had to do a lot with Felicity as well, when she came in. Um, yeah, they had - I don't know, there's a lot of more light-hearted moments. And I kind of liked that, because I felt like he let his walls down for a lot of other, you know, characters, so that was great."

-- On whether they would do the salmon ladder for charity if drinks are involved, CH: "I haven't like walked up a steep hill in three years."
DR: "I am a director."

-- On their favorite scene to film and favorite scene to watch across the entire Arrowverse, CH: "There was a scene where - I think, whenever Roy finds out, um, Oliver's identity and we like run away from this like big building or something and it explodes... It actually exploded like so hard that it - it blew us past the mat... I landed past the - Stephen was fine... I felt like someone had - like, I don't know, something came up under me and tossed me across the place... That was funny, um, to watch, not to film... To film? It really was just any scenes with - when it was Felicity, Diggle and Oliver together, because it was just this dynamic. It was so funny. It pissed all the directors off... because they were like, are we ever gonna get a take? But it was... fun. It was fun."
DR: "Yeah. To watch, I enjoyed the crossover when, um, Stephen and Grant switch places. I thought that was hilarious... I really enjoyed watching them. And to be on set, and it was the funniest thing... Actually, Grant held his own in that suit. ... Stephen was a fish out of water in that suit. And he was bearded. And he just looked ridiculous. And it was so funny. So watching that was probably the funniest thing."

ETA: I think it's safe to say that the Arrow cast member that CH didn't get along with is not EBR, DR, KC, JH or SA.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

The panel schedule has been posted for FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, September 22-24, 2022...

https://register.growtix.com/schedule/FanX_Fall_2022?tag=32003 

Arrow Spotlight: Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards :: Grand Ballroom
Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards
Saturday September 24, 2022 :: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm

There will also be single and duo photo ops on both Friday, Sep. 23, and Sat., Sep. 24.

Edited by tv echo

Matt and Dave talk to gay Hollywood power couple Blake Lee and Ben Lewis about the Emmys, high-end grocery stores, What We Do In The Shadows, what Ben did in the shadows of a Toronto gay club when he was 16, the pressures of the closet on a relationship, the Kermit-Miss Piggy power dynamic, the lies we tell our parents, and the gifts Blake’s parents gave school administrators to keep him from getting thrown out. Also: Dave has a Catholic college queer homecoming to get to.

Edited by tv echo