Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Inside Line: Scoop on #OneChicago, Abbott Elementary, Ghosts, Andor, CSI, Blue Bloods, Rookie, Walker and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 26 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-pd-season-10-spoilers-detective-promotions/ 

Is there any chance we’ll see Dr. Rhodes, played by Colin Donnell, on Chicago Med again? –Cindy
“I don’t think you can ever rule that out,” says executive producer Diane Frolov, adding that the idea has been discussed in the writers’ room. Adds EP Andrew Schneider: “Colin was a guy we loved working with, and he was a very strong member of the cast for a long time. We would welcome to see him again.”

From Saturday (Sep. 24) - I only transcribed his Arrow-related comments...

Stephen Amell - Full Panel/Q&A - Salt Lake FanX 2022
Ammaross Danan    Sep 29, 2022

-- When asked if he wanted to do more comedy (after having done a Christmas episode of New Girl), SA: "I do. ... I think, in 120 - 170 episodes, I think Oliver told like half a joke? It started and then - and then some sort of emergency happened, and he left... Yeah, I would love to do more comedy... Comedy is a lot of fun. ... I like being silly. I like having fun. I don't want to be serious all the time, I promise."

-- SA: "One of the most fun times I ever had on - on Arrow was when, uh, was when Oliver and Barry did the body swap thing. ... That was fun. Or even just in general when I would go over to The Flash and it just - the - the mood would be different. ... Because when I was over there, and when you're doing the crossovers, the crossovers are like this standalone thing that - sure, they have to make sense in terms of the storyline, but you are given a little more creative license. Like, on episode - on episode 99 of Arrow, we're fighting a jewel thief. And on episode 100 of Arrow, we're fighting aliens. And on episode 101 of Arrow, we're fighting, uh, an armored car robbing crew or something like that. Not actually. But on the crossovers, you just could be a little bit more tongue-in-cheek. I guess. And then some of the humor comes out. Just a little bit."

-- On Oliver Queen's favorite food, SA: "Vanilla milkshakes. And, mmm, macaroni and cheese. And, uh, sushi."

-- On his favorite crossover, SA: "Definitely, Elseworlds crossover when we first - um, well, two - I'll give you two, just because I mentioned that crossover before. Doing the body swaps and all that stuff and getting to wear the Flash suit was great, but I think my actual favorite day ever shooting the crossovers wasn't actually technically a crossover. It was the first episode of The Flash. Because I appear in this really quick scene. The cool thing about that was we were in the - we were towards the end of the second season of Arrow and we lost a bunch of our crew, because the same director for the Arrow pilot came for The Flash pilot, David Nutter, and he took a bunch of the camera operators and a bunch of the crew, and they went over there for that shoot. So I hadn't seen a lot of those guys, including the director, since we shot the Arrow pilot. And just to go back there for like a quick day and shoot this one scene and, you know, give Barry Allen a superhero name and stuff like that, that was really fun. That was amazing."

-- On whether he's ever worn the Oliver Queen/Arrow costume outside of set, SA: "No. No. I almost went in one morning and got coffee after like we were shooting on location and I almost walked in there and got coffee. No. Not only have I not worn it [not] on set, but amazingly I never took one with me. Like, I gave a couple away to charity - like, I gave a girl a suit at San Diego Comic Con. And, I mean, as nice as it was, I kind of regret it now. No. ... And I asked. They've got like 10 versions of each suit at some warehouse in Burbank, California, and I politely asked for one of them. I would have even taken the Season 4 one, okay? And I thought - I don't know - I thought that maybe there would be like a quid pro quo or something like that. They just said, no."

-- On his favorite cast member of another Arrowverse show to work with, SA: "Oh, man, well, there's something really always very, very special about, uh, Grant... For sure, on the other shows, Grant. It was just an amazing thing and just a - just a cool chemistry that existed between Oliver and Barry, and between me and Grant, that I don't think, um, that I don't think Oliver really had with anyone else. Um, uh, so, that. I mean, Melissa was always great. I was really happy to see Tom Cavanagh yesterday... I always dug working with him... When we were the - me, Melissa and Tom were the three evil figureheads. I thought that was really fun. ... And then otherwise I tend to gravitate towards the villains of it all, like Josh Segarra as Prometheus and stuff like that."

-- On whether he would change the way Oliver Queen died, if he could, SA: "No. No. I don't think so. Aside from like maybe living... No, I think that we - I think we did a relatively good job of sticking the landing for - for the show. I thought him coming back as the Spectre was - was a cool thing because, I mean, the Spectre is just - you know, he's just pure cosmic energy, which means that like in some way, shape or form, like somewhere out there, in the multiverse, uh, you know, Oliver Queen exists, which is cool."

-- On the hardest Arrow episode to do, SA: "So the hardest episode to do - oh, man, I mean, well, there's a - it's a layered question. Right? The hardest episode is the pilot, period. Okay? Because the first time you put on the superhero suit, you're just trying to like - everyone is secretly sitting around going, I hope this works. Because no one knows. It might not. Right? Like, there are many, many more pilots made every year than become TV series, certainly that become TV series that get to last for almost 200 episodes. So the pilot was really hard and challenging just from a nerves standpoint. Um, and then there were some really, really physically demanding episodes, like, say, the episode where Oliver breaks out of prison, because that was just action, the whole time. Or, like we would always shoot for the first couple of years there would be - we would take the show - we would flip it on its head and there would be - there would be an episode that was almost exclusively flashbacks. We would always shoot that in the winter. It would always be miserable. It would be in December. We had been shooting since July. We're about to go on break. And we would shoot this episode right before. I'm dog tired. And that was challenging. And then, just one episode that, just from an emotional standpoint, uh, there was, um, Oliver gets caught and taken prisoner by Prometheus and he's just - he's just tortured the entire episode. And I was just cuffed to the floor for like a day. And I kept lunging against the cuffs and the chains. And they kept breaking and I kept falling on my face. I was just like, you know, guys, I mean, I'm on the floor. Can we get real cuffs? Please? Like, you know, I mean, it's like, I'm a - I'm a - like a decent actor, but I'm not Charlie Chaplin. Okay? ... I don't want to fake (Makes noise) like that. Just let me actually do it. Make it a little easier for me. ... So along those three, like overall, the pilot, and then there were some episodes where you're just really, really tired amongst the shooting schedule, and then that one episode, which is Season 5, like later in Season 5."

-- On whether any of the bows that he used on Arrow were real, and if he still does archery, SA: "I do... So a couple of good stories here. Yeah, so Oliver used two bows primarily. He used a recurve, um, in the first season. He used a compound all the way through until the last season. And then for reasons that no one ever explained, other than I just wanted to use it again, he used the recurve again in the final - in the final season. ... My daughter and I just joined, uh, the Austin Archery Club for when we're out there, because she wants to learn how to - she wants to learn how to shoot, and I would like to get back into it and get a couple of my own bows. I did take one thing from the set. I did. I took the original bow from the pilot. ... It was in our garage in Los Angeles, um, kind of like mounted up nicely, because I want to frame it one day, stuff like that. And then one day - we leave our garage open on a fairly regular basis. And one day I walked in and it was just gone. And I was like, oh, my God. Like, first of all, I have no interest in selling it, but let's not pretend like it's not worth something. And I just remember being like, how - I was in the shame spiral for a while. I'm like, how could I have allowed this to happen? Like, how can I lose the bow from the pilot? And now I'm starting to get mad and suspicious of people that were at the house. Yeah. Yeah. My daughter took it off the wall and took it out to shoot in the back yard. And then left it in the bottom of the outdoor toy bin for a year. We decided to clean up the back yard. And I did not want to clean up the back yard. And look what I found."

-- On what his workout was like being Oliver Queen, SA: "So before Oliver Queen, I would just go on hikes and do push-ups and I had a chin-up bar in my house, which came in handy. Uh, and then once I got it, I just started to - I did most of my own like weight training by myself at the beginning. I started working with a trainer in like the fourth season, I think. But learned a lot - really it was about um, a certain type of martial art, that martial art being, uh, fighting on camera, which is - which is a really unique thing. I mean, the way that you approach whomever you're interacting with is kind of dependent on where the camera is. That - that calls for different techniques, different styles of punches and, you know, all that stuff. So, I don't know, that was, man - ironically, now that I'm - now that I'm done with Arrow and I'm a little bit more in charge of my physical fitness, I'm actually in a little bit better shape. That's just a weird thing... Yeah, if I ever went back and - and did something like Arrow again, I would focus more on building in time for like some sort of fitness regimen. Make sure that it's part of it, like in the same way that if I was gonna - um, you know, if Oliver, especially in the flashbacks or something like that, had like a really bad bruise or a cut or something like that, like you put that makeup on beforehand and they build that time into your day. And I think that it's - it's really important that I do this now on Heels where if, you know, the expectation is that we wrestle and all that stuff, well, then fine. Then the expectation is that you guys make time for me to be in the gym four times a week. And Saturdays and Sundays don't count. And neither do Mondays. So do the math."

-- On whether he had any idea how big it would grow when he first got the role of Oliver Queen, and when he knew they had made it, SA: "No. ... The one thing that I was sort of prepared for is, my - my manager called me up before I went in for the final audition and he said - because before you go in for the final audition, you sign the contract. So it's not like they can go, you're the guy, and you can go, alright, let's start negotiating. That's not how it works. ... So I've already signed my deal. ... The one thing my manager said before I went in for the final audition is, he said, listen, because it's my obligation to tell you that, if you get this and it goes well, you're not gonna have a lot of free time for a long time, and it's just, you know, I think that you should do it, you should definitely do it, but, I mean, at the very least, consider - consider that. And, you know, when - when does it feel like we've - we've made it? I want to say that it was, going back to - well, I mean, part of it was actually like going to New York City Comic Con, um, for me in, I think, 2014? Or like maybe one of the first times I came here, inside this room, and saw this many people. ... I don't know. Going back to San Diego Comic-Con, because we debuted the pilot there in 2012. And then we did a panel the next day and it was filled with a bunch of people that said, I really like Oliver Queen, don't mess this up. Right? Those same people came back the following year and went, yeah."

-- On whether he related more to Green Arrow or Oliver Queen on Arrow, SA: "I'm like Green Arrow to my kids, but maybe that's it... I don't know. Oliver. Oliver. You know, everyone has - everyone has traumas in their life. Mine certainly aren't as, uh, as spectacular as his, um, but, you know, also I didn't have - I didn't have a ton of friends growing up. I was a little bit of a loner and I kind of came out of my shell a little bit later in my 20's. And now I'm, you know, clearly very comfortable in my own skin. Okay? But, um, yeah, Oliver. And then, of course, we introduced, you know, Oliver and - and being in a relationship, and Oliver and being a dad and all that stuff. So probably Oliver."

-- On how Oliver felt when he was training to become the new Ra's al Ghul and the episode showed a quick glance of John Diggle being killed, SA: "Well, I mean, he was - he was a rogue agent, so probably not great, right? ... I mean, if he's being made to visualize this stuff, he probably realized that like he was not in a great position in terms of like he may have bitten off a little bit more than he can chew. No one wants to see Diggle - anything bad happen to Diggle. Ever.  Yeah. We like Diggle."

-- On his favorite thing about working with EBR, SA: "Oh! That's a - thanks for asking. By the way, on her behalf, Emily booked a movie and - which is why she couldn't be here this weekend, but she sends her regards and, oh, she promises that eventually one of these days, it'll be the two of us up here. We promise. (Loud audience cheers and applause) That's the Salt Lake City thing that I promised, in the nick of time... Sorry, what was the question? My favorite thing about working with Emily? Just - just... um, her ability to just very, very effortlessly, um, because I know how much effort she put into it, but it comes off like, it's just easy and second nature, the amount of words that she can get out of her mouth in a way where it doesn't seem like she's an auctioneer. Do you know what I mean? Those lines that she had, where she's having to explain everything - tuh, tuh, tuh, tuh... tuh, tuh, tuh, tuh... tuh, tuh, tuh, tuh - they're the glue that holds the show together. They're probably the most difficult thing that someone did on the show, and that includes like all the stunts. It was really, really impressive to watch. And [unintelligible words] helped me learn."

-- On his most difficult emotional thing throughout the entire Arrow series, SA: "I think the most difficult emotional thing was probably, um, like the events leading up to and surrounding Oliver's mother's death in Season 2. Right? Because that also had a long tail of just deeply, deeply, deeply affecting him. And it basically led - like their relationship splinches at the end of Season 1 and then starts to come back in Season 2, just in time for her to no longer be around. So that - that was really deeply effective, for sure. For sure."

-- On what he would like to happen and who he would like to be the villain, if they were to do one more season of Arrow, SA: "So if we're going to do one more season of Arrow, um, man... It's not what would happen. It would be like, where would we do it in terms of - there have to be something like... It has to rated 'R.' That's it, that's it. The whole thing, it just has to be rated - it just has to rated 'R.' I mean, in our last episode in 8 - in, uh, in the 170th episode, you know, like, we have this one epic, flashback battle scene where Oliver takes out like 70 dudes and you never see one drop of blood. Never sat well with me. Uh, so who would be the villain? I don't know. What would they do? I don't know. But, man, I mean, you see what - you see what they were able to do for, you know, for like Logan, as an example. Or what they did with Deadpool or what was the Cena series? I haven't seen it, but the - was it The Peacemaker? Right? Something like that. I just want to have a big canvas, to not be - not be necessarily in a 'you have to take five commercial breaks' and 'you're allowed to show a little bit of the back of the shoulder but not too much of the shoulder' ...."

Edited by tv echo

Apparently MG will be at New York Comic Con (Oct. 6-9)...

LegalDispatch 0.33 - LOCKED UP
Marc Guggenheim    Sep 28, 2022
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/locked-up 

In other updates, last week I finished the first draft of the screenplay for Too Dead To Die. Whenever possible, I like to set scripts aside for a few days before embarking on my next pass. I’ll return to that script later this week, but for now my focus is on finishing the script for the aforementioned Han & Chewie 10, revising an outline for PROJECT MARBLE, and finishing a proposal for PROJECT UNDERWORLD. Then, it’s off to New York for New York ComicCon next week.

Josh Segarra on joining ‘She-Hulk,’ MCU, and his All In debut | The Sessions w/ Renee Paquette
Renee Paquette   Oct 1, 2022

Veteran New York actor Josh Segarra joins The Sessions to chat all things wrestling, movies and Canadian excellence, from his MCU debut in “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law” to accompanying Stephen Amell to the ring at All In (and the mistake he made during the match). Plus, he and Renee chat pro wrestling from in front of and behind the curtain, and he gives his pick for the wrestler he’d most love to play given the chance.

Mark Pedowitz Exits As Chairman & CEO Of The CW As Nexstar Acquisition Closes
By Nellie Andreeva    October 3, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/10/mark-pedowitz-exits-cw-chairman-ceo-nexstar-1235130707/ 

Soon after he started, Pedowitz launched a string of DC series, including Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends Of Tomorrow, complete with ambitious annual crossover events, and continued to add hits like Riverdale and All American. All of them come from Berlanti Productions, which hit its stride and became a top CW supplier during Pedowitz’s tenure.  
“I think his track record speaks for itself,” Berlanti said. “Everybody predicted the death of that network from the time we started, when we were working on Arrow, everybody was saying it was going to be gone a few years. And look at all the things that survived. There’s a whole generation of young people who have been shaped by the stories that he supported telling and the storytellers he supported. Whoever comes in next, they could learn a lot from his methodologies and the kind of leader that he’s been there.”
”I’m definitely a little shocked, and I’m definitely sad,” Berlanti said. “But Mark and I have worked together for 20 years at ABC and here, and I’m sure we will continue to find other ways to work together.”

Edited by tv echo

A few Arrow mentions during this Sep. 25th BR panel...

"Messages of Inclusion... is What the World Needs" - Brandon Routh Panel at Cincinnati Comic Expo
Organized Chaos    Oct 2, 2022

-- On starting out as Superman in DC and then being the Atom in DC, Brandon Routh: "I think my first meeting that I had with the producers, I was a little wary, uh, because having played the - the ultimate superhero, uh, I thought, well, what else - what else is there for me to do, you know, how can I go play somebody else? But when they, um, spoke to me about Ray Palmer, they mentioned that they really wanted him to bring levity and - and - and a comedic element to - to Arrow. So that's what really drew me to the opportunity. And, uh, the fact that the Atom was so different, in the look anyway of Superman... And also the opportunity to mold the character myself, because we hadn't really seen a live action Ray Palmer or the Atom. So, um, I got to - I had both experiences, one of following in somebody else's footsteps and then one of creating it on my own, with the writers and producers."

-- On molding the character of Ray Palmer, Brandon Routh: "I think, originally envisioned, that character was much more, uh, a Tony Stark prototype. If you've seen the first few episodes of Arrow, you'll see Ray is - he's - he's - he's more that, you know, business man, a little bit - a little bit - maybe a little bit conceited. But I never really liked that angle for me. And I don't - I don't do that as well as other people. So I kind of shifted him gently into, uh, just being very excited about the technology he was creating to help benefit the world. Um, and so, yes, he had a lot of caffeine, but also he was just like super excited to share like this cool stuff that he was doing. And that stayed with him going onto Legends, as that show kind of became what it became in Season - end of Season 2 and into Season 3. Uh, Ray - I kind of kept pushing an envelope a little bit with the comedy that they gave me, and Ray became a little bit more quirky. The writers started to make him a little bit more of a Boy Scout... and even more quirky. But it was fun. I leaned into it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on 9-1-1, Vampire Academy, Justice U, Leverage, Stargirl, The Rookie, L Word and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 4 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/911-season-6-spoilers-buck-married-couple-proposal/the-flash-justice-u-good-trouble/ 

Any newer updates on Justice U, given all the changes going on at The CW and Warner Bros. [Discovery]? –Greg
David Ramsey told us just this past Saturday night (at a gala honoring Greg Berlanti’s mom and benefitting F–k Cancer) that “we’re on the second draft of a script, and we just closed the deal on a writer. I’m not sure I can say her name, so I won’t, but we’re very close to submitting our second draft. It’s still in development, and we’re moving forward.”

• Useful 1

KC is joining SA at Dallas Fan Festival, but they are scheduled for separate solo panels (this is the con that EBR cancelled)...

Dallas Fan Festival, October 14-16, 2022 (TX)
Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy
https://fanexpohq.com/dallasfanfestival/celebrities/

Schedule:
-- Sat. (10/15) at 11:00 am - FLY AWAY WITH BLACK CANARY - A Q AND A WITH KATIE CASSIDY
-- Sat. (10/15) at 4:00pm - EXPLORING THE PATHS TO JUSTICE WITH STEPHEN AMELL 

Edited by tv echo

From yesterday's Arrow10 Twitter Q&A with Matt Mitovich of TVLine in celebration of Arrow's 10-year anniversary...

Also, in a recent TV Guide interview, KM compared her role of Abby on Walker: Independence to her roles of Clary on Shadowhunters and Mia on Arrow...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Arrow Premiered Ten Years Ago Today, Launching a Multiverse of DC Shows
By RUSS BURLINGAME - October 10, 2022 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/arrow-premiered-ten-years-ago-today-arrowverse/ 

... The series launched on October 10, 2012, led by actors Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen; John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn; David Ramsey as John Diggle; and Willa Holland as Thea Queen. A few weeks later, an actor hired for a quick walk-on role would steal all of her scenes, and Emily Bett Rickards's Felicity Smoak would become a fixture on the series for the rest of its eight-season run.
Arrow was more than just a breeding ground for crossovers; the series gave fans what many argue is the best live-action interpretation of Deathstroke, a fan-favorite villain who has shown up in the movies and on Titans. It made Ra's al Ghul (played in the series by Matt Nable) a villain who had ties to the whole DC universe, rather than just Batman. It gave Vigilante (later seen on Peacemaker) his live-action debut, and successfully pulled off one of the best surprise twists in the history of live-action superheroes with the Prometheus (Josh Segarra) reveal, which led to arguably the best cliffhanger in the genre at the end of Arrow season five. With Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow's eighth season, the show set the stage for a future generation of DC heroes, and throughout the Arrowverse, marginalized groups who didn't usually see themselves represented in superhero media, found a voice.

And, honestly, after Arrow ended, the "Arrowverse" was never quite the same again. Crisis on Infinite Earths was kind of the series finale, or at least the big climax.
Arrow had its ups and downs, but remained popular throughout, and sparked a shared universe of superhero storytelling that will be difficult to match. With about 450 hours of TV created so far (not including Superman & Lois, or the final season of The Flash), what started as a show about a guy with a bow and arrow, eventually spiraled out to become a massive world filled with dozens of superheroes and villains, many of whom had never been seen in live-action before. Arrow changed the way superheroes are viewed on TV, and popularized characters like Felicity Smoak and Wild Dog, who had been essentially afterthoughts in the comics for years. And it set the stage for the largest-scale superhero crossover DC is ever likely to produce in live action.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

10 Years Ago, Arrow (Unintentionally) Launched the Arrowverse — 'Our Mantra Was: Don't Screw It Up'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 10 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/arrow-10-year-anniversary-arrowverse-launch-oral-history/ 

Nearly as soon as that series’ pilot was announced and a script synopsis leaked out, scrutinizing comic book fans had their concerns. After all,  the synopsis referred to Starling City versus Star City; Oliver’s onetime flame went by Laurel Lance versus Dinah; and Ollie’s younger sister carried the nickname of “Speedy,” though Green Arrow’s eventual sidekick, in any incarnation, never was kin.

Prospective viewers were also invited to wonder if Arrow would deliver Nikita-style grittiness or adopt a lighter, comic book-style feel a la Smallville? Addressing that question, then -Warner Bros. TV chief Peter Roth told TVLine in March 2012, “Tonally, the show probably lives most closely – in terms of analogy – to the world of Jason Bourne.”
“Honestly, the whole object of Arrow was, ‘Don’t screw it up,'” said Guggenheim, an original executive producer on Arrow who’d go on to help oversee the larger Arrowverse. “Remember, we had just come off the Green Lantern experience” — as in the tepidly received 2011 feature film for which Guggenheim and Berlanti co-wrote the screenplay — “so our mantra was, ‘Don’t screw this up.’ And that’s all we really cared about.”

They did not screw it up. Rather, Arrow was met with critical raves and its debut delivered 4 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating — marking at the time The CW’s most watched episode of anything in three years and its highest-rated drama bow since Nikita in 2010.
“We were a hit,” Arrow lead Stephen Amell recalled during an August 2019 TVLine sitdown. “To put it simply — though it probably didn’t exactly happen this way — DC came to Greg Berlanti and said, ‘Take Barry Allen for a spin,’ and they said, ‘OK!'”

After all, “Green Arrow is not the biggest property,” Amell himself had to acknowledge. “I mean, I get super pissed off when I see Justice League shirts and he’s not featured. Like, 'Really? Come on, guys!” But their original plan was to do a superhero show, no superpowers, grounded. But then you get to use The Flash and it’s like, ‘Well! Plans have changed.'”
In July 2013, nine months after Arrow‘s highly successful debut, it was announced that a standalone series about The Flash would be launched out of Amell’s series, with Glee grad Grant Gustin originating the speedster role in a Season 2 Arrow episode.

As Amell recalled, “They sat me down in Greg’s office between Season 1 and Season 2 and were like, ‘We want to build the Justice League on TV. Please help us do that.’ I said, ‘Yeah, man, whatever. Let’s do it!'”

Not that Amell was in any place to question the deviation from the grounded, powerless superhero plan.

“You have to remember my place in the pecking order in 2013…,” Amell told us with a chuckle. “Like, sure, I’m the guy that plays Oliver Queen, but I also would have paid Warner Bros. to give me this job. They could have told me that they’re changing the name of the show to Beige Arrow and I would have worn a garbage bag as a suit and I would have gone, ‘Whatever you say, Mr. Berlanti!'”
“The CW wanted another show,” Guggenheim recalled, “and everyone was looking around and going, ‘Wow, we’ve introduced enough superheroes and supervillains that we could really field a superhero team.’

“We’re always very excited about the idea of doing things that have never been done before, or at least that we’ve never done before,” the EP explained. “No one had done a [live-action] superhero ensemble on television, and that’s what made Legends exciting.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

CH is joining SA and KC at Dallas Fan Festival this weekend...

Dallas Fan Festival, October 14-16, 2022 (TX)
Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy
https://fanexpohq.com/dallasfanfestival/celebrities/ 

Schedule (updated):
-- Sat. (10/15) at 11:00am - FLY AWAY WITH BLACK CANARY - A Q AND A WITH KATIE CASSIDY
-- Sat. (10/15) at 3:00pm - A HOWLING GOOD TIME WITH COLTON HAYNES
-- Sat. (10/15) at 4:00pm - EXPLORING THE PATHS TO JUSTICE WITH STEPHEN AMELL 

-- Antonio Negret: "320, baby. I mean, c'mon. For sure, it's the most memorable one to me. Um, first of all, it was my first, you know, Arrow episode as a director. It was my third episode as a director in TV in general. So I was definitely very new to it all. Um, I had come from movies, so I thought, you know what? I'm just going to treat this like a movie, 'cause that's all I know. And, yeah, I started reading it. I'm going through it. I'm like, cool, cool. Cool emotion. Cool character. And then I got to the moment in Nanda Parbat, and I couldn't believe it. I was like, is this a prank? Do I get to direct the moment Oliver and Felicity first hook up? And this kind of wave of panic took over. But slowly the panic started to turn into this kind of mischievous joy. And I said, alright, I get to direct this moment. Okay. Hold my beer. Here we go. And, uh, it was amazing. It was such a game-changing moment. Not only for me, but for the show. And, um, I think, I'll never forget it. It was, for sure, the most memorable moment for me."

-- Antonio Negret: "You know, it was always a collaboration, I think, when we saw how the fans reacted to Olicity, it became important, at least to me, to try to keep the magic going. You know? I felt a certain responsibility for that. And I think Stephen and Emily did as well. You know, they were always super professional, but always with an eye to, you know, keep the magic going. And so, together, we came up with a lot of things. You know? It really would start, obviously, with the script. So there would be a moment, you know, in the episode or the script that I would kinda latch onto. And then I would try to raise it up a notch. And I would take it to Stephen and Emily. And they would kinda look at it, approve it, and then they would take it up a notch. And so, yeah, together, we had some really amazing collaborations and, um, moments that really weren't scripted. You know, for example, the yin-yang kiss. Or the way Emily says that line that's now engraved here in Vancouver on a park bench. Or, um, how Stephen suggested he remove the glasses in 320. Or hold the wedding ring in 802. Those were moments that were all kinda born out of working together and wanting to keep Olicity shining and going."

-- Antonio Negret: ""Well, yeah, I guess the yin-yang kiss is an example of that. You know, that moment was one I came up with while we were in prep. And I had told Stephen and Emily about it, and they thought it was cool and interesting. And so we built this rig in the ceiling, so we could hang the camera to look straight down on them. And we had this whole thing all set up. And we show up on the day, and we film one side of the kiss and then the other side of the kiss, as you would. And suddenly, you know, I looked at the time and realized, we were out of time and that, if we wanted to make the day, we had to move on to the next scene. So I kinda in a heartbroken way told the crew, guys, I guess we should move on. And Stephen was like, well, what about the shot? And Emily was like, yeah, we talked about it. And I was like, yeah, I know, but to get the camera on the rig on the ceiling, like, we're gonna lose our day. And, you know, everyone kinda looked around. And I remember John Davidson, great camera operator, instrumental part of the show, kinda speaks up and goes, you know what, we don't need that rig. I can do this right now. We'll just kinda boom up and point straight down, and we can just do it. And suddenly everyone on the crew was like, yeah, let's do it, let's do it. We can do it. And it was a great moment. 'Cause we all kinda came together and got that shot off. And, little did we know, it would become such a special shot that the fans really reacted to."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

-- Colton Haynes: "Favorite character, obviously, is Felicity. She's also one of my closest friends.... Also, David - David Ramsey, he and I are inseparable... Yeah, just all of us got so close, and we, you know, still have that family."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

MG (in response to second question below): "... I don't know if this counts as a character moment or cast memory or really both, but I still vividly remember watching the video of Emily's audition for 103 ("Lone Gunmen") and running into the co-showrunner's office telling them he had to watch it right now. Moments when you glimpse a future star are few and far between, but Emily's audition reminded me of Stephen's. The actor is the part."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A BIG ONE
LegalDispatch 0.34

Marc Guggenheim    Oct 14, 2022
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/a-big-one 

I was so busy this past Monday flying back from New York, working, digging out from under emails, etc. that apart from a lovely text exchange with Stephen Amell and a phone call with Greg Berlanti, I didn’t have the time to adequately mark the occasion of the ten-year anniversary since the premiere of Arrow. It’s heady stuff. TVLine had a good piece on it here.

On a related point, a group of amazing fans have launched a Gofund me to celebrate Arrow’s tenth anniversary and — more importantly — raise money for FuckCancer. This is a terrific initiative and I’m supporting it by donating a framed script cover signed by the Arrow cast. Please consider making a donation here.

That same group of fans — I told you they’re amazing — put together an equally-amazing package of interviews with cast and crew to mark the occasion. You can check them all out here.

Edited by tv echo

SA, KC and CH were all at Dallas Fan Festival this past weekend (they all had solo panels on Oct. 15)...

Stephen Amell is asked the strangest fan question, probably ever
FAN EXPO HQ    Oct 16, 2022

Happy Arrowversary!
Craig Byrne  October 10, 2022 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/happy-arrowversary/ 

... Quickly, people latched on to their favorite characters and actors: David Ramsey as John Diggle. Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance. Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen. Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance. Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn. Willa Holland as Thea Queen. Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, whose “one-day” appearance may have changed the course of the series forever and added a much-needed humor to the proceedings. Other iconic characters such as John Barrowman’s Malcolm Merlyn, Manu Bennett’s Slade and Colton Haynes’ Roy Harper also extended the show into the DC Universe in those early years, and later, new characters populated the world and became fan favorites in themselves.

There are so many memories that I personally have of the time Arrow was on that I will never forget. Those first Comic-Con press rooms, where I totally asked Marc Guggenheim if Sara Lance might still be alive since we never saw a body. Going to the DC Comics the day the show premiered and having a CW photographer tell me “no” when I dared him to take a picture of Stephen Amell in front of Justin Hartley’s Green Arrow costume. The coming of the first Canary as played by Caity Lotz. Seeing episodes written by people whose comics I loved, including Guggenheim and Geoff Johns. Driving to Beverly Hills for press tour and getting a text that Barry Allen – The Flash! – was coming to Arrow in Season 2. Being at a screening and seeing “Seeing Red” with a group of journalists and we were all in shock and tears after seeing what happened to… well, you know who if you watched the show. Visiting the set multiple times. Tweeting about the “Olicity fern” while tipsy from a shot Emily Bett Rickards herself sent over. Getting photobombed by Willa Holland at a party. The Arrow 100th episode party and carpet. Fun interviews. Meeting John Barrowman, whose work I had loved since the first time I saw Captain Jack Harkness (and honestly earlier, too, when I watched a short-lived show called Titans that was not about DC Comics). Getting spoiled about the true identity of Prometheus in Season 5 by accident and having to keep that secret for about five months before it was revealed on the show, and then later, making constant jokes about Tommy Merlyn being the Prometheus of Earth-X, not knowing that was actually what was going to happen. WB Comic-Con parties. PaleyFest press lines. Interacting with James Bamford, who became one of the show’s best directors, where you knew that if he did it, it would be an exciting one. The kindness and appreciation from Stephen Amell, who was always in my corner, and who always probably got amusement when he’d ask what I thought would happen and I’d be completely wrong. There are so many things I’m appreciative of, and so many people I’d like to thank, so imagine those thanks here in this paragraph.

From SA's October 15th panel (I only transcribed Arrow-related comments)...

Stephen Amell Dallas Fan Festival 2022
Nathaniel Hernandez    Oct 17, 2022

-- SA said that it was time to leave Arrow. He originally signed on for six years, but added a seventh year. Greg Berlanti asked him to continue for a "truncated" eighth season. SA didn't want to "overstay" his welcome.

-- When asked by mod about watching what was happening on the DC film side of things while he was in DC TV, SA: "I thought and still think I should be in the movies... I don't understand why they didn't want to combine the two of them.... There is still a little bit of an arrogance, I actually found, um, with people in the film side of things, just thinking that they're somehow above television. ... At the end of the day, aren't you just supposed to do things that the fans will like."

-- SA mentioned that they had an idea to do an Arrow movie, to be shot between Season 2 and Season 3. SA said that this movie would be "tied in with my fight with Ra's al Ghul" on episode 9 of Season 3. SA: "They just said, 'no.' So, I don't know."

-- When fan asked for his favorite scene to shoot on Arrow, SA: "Probably... I think, just the first time you put the suit on. Right? Like, that was just so cool... It was terrifying, 'cuz I could've sucked... That was really fun. ... Anything to do with the pilot is always a really fond memory for me. ... Did you have a favorite scene?"
Fan: "Yes... When you kissed Felicity for the first time."
SA: "I didn't mind that scene either."

-- When fan asked how SA thought he grew as an actor on a long-running show like Arrow, from Season 1 to Season 8, SA: "I can't go back and watch Season 1. It's difficult to watch yourself at any point in time. They really, really wanted me to be very stoic and kinda dis - you know, non - just very, very stoic. And, um, I found that I was able to bring more of my personality to the character over time. But that's also one of the reasons why I wanted to be done.... It's difficult to take lessons that you learn and apply them to something when you're always at the same spot.... I was always going to be the young kid who would've done the job for free on Arrow. So my level of maturity and my demeanor on set and, uh - I took myself so seriously when we started. I would yell and scream - at myself, not at other people. And it was actually when I went and shot Turtles in New York City, where, before going to shooting Turtles in New York City, um, if I heard the phone buzz on set - not even ring, buzz - I would be taken right out of the character and right out of the scene and I would get upset and frustrated. And then I realized, wow... this whole experience on Arrow, this whole thing is curated towards me, okay, everyone is here to make my life as easy as possible. I realized that when I went to New York and nobody cares. I mean, people are yelling, you know? The first scene that I shot as Casey Jones, one of those big tour buses went by... 'Hey, there's Stephen Amell shooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!'  In the middle of a scene. Right? ... There's paparazzi everywhere. ... It was important for me to - moving on to Heels, I felt like I could establish myself and my personality and how I like to work with a new group of people, who wouldn't see me as that young kid, but see me as the, you know, slightly older lead of this show."

-- When fan asked what SA thought about his last scene as Green Arrow, SA: "I always thought Oliver should die... I always thought that a superhero with no super powers, like, there's really only one way for it to end for him. Now, thankfully, he didn't die. He just - you know, went out into the ether somewhere. So, he could still be around."

-- When fan asked for his favorite crossover, SA: "The Elseworlds crossover, where Barry and I swap bodies. That was so fun. That was so fun, because those crossovers, they get - man, they're - just like drinking from a fire hose for about a month, while we're shooting those things... Whereas this crossover, the Elseworlds crossover, it felt like a buddy cop thing, you know, with me and Grant. That was so much fun. That was really, really fun."

-- When fan asked for his "funniest or hardest random memory" on the Arrow set, SA: "The last scene that I shot with Emily, I think at the end of Season 7, where I'm saying good-bye to her, um, I was actually saying good-bye to her... She was leaving the show. We'd become, you know, good friends and quite close... So there was that scene. And there was also a scene - our very last scene in the show, where I'm supposed to be happy, but I was sad. Right? And you want to make sure that - that real emotion is going to creep in... And you got to make sure that you're staying true to the character. Right? I mean, you can get upset... I can't let Stephen hop in front of Oliver, if that makes sense."

-- When fan asked which Arrow suit was the most uncomfortable to wear, SA: "The Season 4 suit." He said that he was freezing in cold Vancouver weather that entire year while wearing the sleeveless suit.

-- When fan asked for his most heartwarming scene on the Arrow set, SA: "I really loved the scenes where I interacted with William... As a dad, with two kids myself, I just - I don't know, I liked seeing that side of Oliver. And there was also that great scene where - I'm trying to remember - when he - oh, when he - when William came out to Oliver and Felicity. I thought that that was a really special scene. I liked that."

-- When fan asked who he missed the most out of the Arrow cast or the Arrowverse, SA: "Oh, you know. David... I missed him... He's like the OG, you know, that was with me from the beginning. So, David."

-- SA: "My favorite villain to go against on the show was Prometheus, Josh Segarra's character. I thought that was really cool that we - that this was a villain that Oliver created. Right? So, it's not very common for a show to be able to go five seasons, eight seasons. Um, so to be able to call back to his actions creating his nemesis, um, I thought was a really cool touch."

-- While talking about getting injured ("compartment syndrome") while doing American Ninja Warrior, SA: "But the first thing I had to do, after the Ninja Warrior course, was go and shoot an episode with Emily, where there's an EMP that goes off. So she's - um, she can't walk, because the chip in her back, neck, what have you. So I had to carry her for the entire episode. And it was just like, you have to start the day and it wasn't - Emily's like - Emily's strong. But I don't care if - you know, she's strong. And - just picking a human being up off the ground, I could feel my muscles tearing in my arms. It was awful."

-- When fan asked at what point in filming Arrow did SA realize that he was this character, SA: "The first day... The very first day we shot this great action sequence where Oliver's being interrogated and then he - um, you know, his hands - he's zip-tied to the chair, then not anymore, and he fights and murders three people... The scene just cut together so beautifully. And Glen Winter, who was the director of - excuse me, the director of photography on the pilot, and directed a bunch of our biggest, our best episodes, came up to me and was like, you're doing good, you're doing good, this is really good... And he was around for all of Smallville and stuff like that. And I go, thank you. And he goes, yeah. I felt differently on the first day of the pilot. Like, where, on the first of a pilot, I'd look and I'd go, this isn't ever going to see the light of day. And I feel the exact opposite right now. So I took him at his word."

-- SA: "My favorite flashback sequence was, um, at the end of Season 5, when we basically catch up to where the pilot began. Right? So it's where Oliver is being rescued. And then I had to - I had this really, really... really, really wonderful scene where I call my mom, you know, on the back of the boat. And, um, I mean, Susanna Thompson came back as Moira for that scene and, um, did the off-camera line for me... Personally, I've - that's sort of the proudest I've ever been of work that I've done - did on the show. That was really special."

-- When asked about his experience working with Manu Bennett as Deathstroke, SA: "It was an experience... He's super, super intense. Um, probably the most intense actor that I've ever worked with, like, to the point where occasionally in fight scenes, I would get a little scared. Straight up. Because he'd get into it and, um, would become slightly unpredictable. ... Gosh, when we were training, like back on Lian Yu, when we were filming an episode, I think this episode was called 'The Odyssey,' um, and it was in the first season, and it was the first big - it was an all flashbacks episode, and we were out training with the sticks, out in the freezing cold and the rain. And his character was supposed to hit my knuckles. Right? He kept doing it. Actually. And my hands were freezing. It hurt so bad. No, he was amazing. He was amazing to work with. Super intense guy, but, um, obviously his character really resonated with everyone... I think the majority of people say that Deathstroke is their favorite villain."

-- SA: "What I want them to remember most? I just want people to think of me as a good caretaker for the part of Oliver Queen. You know, he's been around as a character since 1941. You know, we were joking around earlier, there will be someone else playing Oliver Queen someday. Right? And you'll feel the same way as the people who were super mad that it wasn't Justin Hartley in the series. Right? Um, so I would just like people to think of me as a good caretaker for the part. I cared a lot about it. I tried my best. And I think we were really successful."

-- When fan asked whether he had heard Katie Cassidy say that she wanted to direct an episode of Heels, SA: "No, I didn't hear that. Katie's a great dir - I love that. Katie's a wonderful director. I really liked working with her."
Fan: "So you would let her direct one?"
SA: "I don't think that's totally my call. Um, but no, she'd do excellent."

-- When fan asked him to compare Oliver to any sort of food, SA: "First of all, what a weird question... But it's a good question. Um, Oliver would be, he would be, uh, tough, like two-dollar steak. You know. When you eat it, then like, it's a lot of work."

-- When fan asked if he knew that Arrow would expand to include Barry Allen/The Flash and become the Arrowverse at the beginning, SA: "No. No.... We were very specifically going to be the no super power show. But then, because we did so well with Arrow, um, they went to Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, and were like, okay, um, you get Barry Allen. Right? So I believe it was in between the first and the second season, um, Greg sat me down and they're like, we're going to build out the Justice League on TV, and we're going to start with The Flash. But then - then again, I think Legends of Tomorrow came about. Supergirl was originally on CBS, I think it was? ... Retrospectively, you go back and you look at how things developed, and it would be easy to say, like, this was the plan all along. It was not. It was not. The plan was, to make a pilot that was good enough to get a show on the air. And then, you know - and even then, you know, you get picked up a series, but we didn't get picked up for a full season. So you're just trying to get that done. And then, you know, they found [unintelligible words] we got to bring in Barry Allen, and that made the world change, a little bit."

-- When asked if he would do David Ramsey's new CW series, Justice U, or if that show doesn't move forward, if he would want to go on Superman & Lois (if there was a way to bring Oliver back), SA: "I mean, I think if there's a way to bring Oliver back - this is a good last question - if there's a way to bring Oliver back, I owe - I owe so much to the character, and beyond that, I owe so much to Greg Berlanti and everyone at The CW and WB and, um - you know, I thought it was time to be done, but if there's a scenario or like a limited series or a guest appearance or something like that, I would be totally open to that idea... I always think, too, that like, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Right? Like, when Dexter ended, everyone was ready for Dexter to be done. Sorry. But then everyone was ready for him to come back, you know, six, seven, eight, nine, however many years later. And, um, you know, never say never."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

ARROW’s David Ramsey on Deck to Direct SUPERMAN & LOIS Season 3 Episode in Vancouver
by Susan Gittins  October 21, 2022
http://hollywoodnorthbuzz.com/2022/10/david-ramsey-on-deck-to-direct-superman-lois-season-3-episode-in-vancouver.html 

David Ramsey returns to Vancouver to direct a season 3 episode of Superman & Lois.

This will be the fourth Superman & Lois episode helmed by the Arrow star.

And could reunite David Ramsey with Arrow guest star Chad Coleman who’s playing Superman & Lois’ss Big Bad Bruno Manheim, the head of Intergang on season 3.
It was David Ramsey’s John Diggle who teed up this season’s Big Bad in the season 2 finale, when he told Wolé Parks’s John Henry Irons in the Smallville Diner that crime boss Bruno Manheim and the Intergang killed this Earth’s John Henry Irons.
And it was David Ramsey who revealed Chad Coleman’s casting at this year’s Dragon Con.

Edited by tv echo

The One Mia Queen Plotline Arrow's Katherine McNamara Needs Resolved In The CW's Remaining DC Shows - Exclusive
BY XANDRA HARBET      OCT. 27, 2022 
https://www.looper.com/1074508/the-one-mia-queen-plotline-arrows-katherine-mcnamara-needs-resolved-in-the-cws-remaining-dc-shows-exclusive/ 

McNamara isn't shy about how grateful she is to have been a part of the "Arrow" legacy. "It means a lot and it's been an honor and a privilege. I take it very seriously, that responsibility," she added. "Put me in all of them. I would love to dive back in and participate in any iteration. There's a part of me that cannot rest until I find William. I can't leave a Queen child out there floating in the Arrowverse without resolving that story."

She doesn't just want the story to continue for herself. McNamara noted, "The fandom deserves it, and ... I love Ben Lewis so much and I can't stand that he's missing, and we haven't resolved this storyline, but I keep campaigning for it as much as I possibly can. I have zero control over the matter, but if I have any say in the matter, I will find William."
Yet there's one aspect of Mia that deserves more exploration. McNamara noted, "I would like to see Mia find some love. She's very lonely. She needs a hug, somebody to love her. She's caught between the two Diggle brothers, and who knows, maybe there's someone else out there in the Arrowverse."

• Useful 1

The 20 best Arrowverse characters ranked
By Sam Barsanti, Scott Huver, Jen Lennon, and Cindy White      Nov. 2, 2022
https://www.avclub.com/best-arrowverse-characters-ranked-1849725357 

12. John Diggle/Spartan, Arrow 
Played by: David Ramsey

John Diggle made his debut in the pilot of Arrow and has appeared in nearly every other Arrowverse show and crossover since. Introduced as Oliver’s bodyguard, John quickly became a standout on the show, proving himself to be far more than a sidekick. Though Diggle is a character created specifically for the show, the frequent teases of him actually being a Green Lantern led some fans to theorize that he was actually John Stewart. Sadly, the Green Lantern storyline was never fully explored, but Diggle remains one of the Arrowverse’s most stalwart heroes. [Jen Lennon]
10. Felicity Smoak/Overwatch, Arrow
Played by: Emily Bett Rickards

Introduced as an IT specialist early in Arrow’s first season, Felicity quickly became indispensable to the team. Her sense of humor often brought some much-needed levity to the show, and her quick thinking frequently saved the team. What makes Felicity truly special, though, is her confidence in her abilities; she’s great at what she does and she knows it, and Emily Bett Rickards plays her with the perfect mix of confidence and vulnerability. [Jen Lennon]
3. Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Arrow
Played by: Stephen Amell

The Arrowverse only worked at all because of Oliver Queen (a.k.a. The Hood, The Arrow, The Green Arrow, etc.), with Stephen Amell putting in a performance that was better than it had any right to be—juggling the air-headed playboy, the vicious vigilante, and a ruthless survivor from scene to scene. Oliver’s typically cold demeanor also made the introduction of new characters and the expansion of the universe easy: Everyone seemed fun when they played off of him, making him fun to watch, and his casual competence in every situation helped ground the more fantastical evolutions of the Arrowverse. [Sam Barsanti]

20. Ryan Wilder/Batwoman, Batwoman
19. Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl, Stargirl
18. Winn Schott, Supergirl
17. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, Arrow
16. Ray Palmer/Atom, Arrow/The Flash/DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow

15. Alex Danvers, Supergirl
14. Prometheus, Arrow
13. Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, The Flash/DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow
12. John Diggle/Spartan, Arrow 
11. Iris West-Allen, The Flash
10. Felicity Smoak/Overwatch, Arrow
9. Eobard Thawne, The Flash
8. Cisco Ramon/The Vibe, The Flash
7. Killer Frost, The Flash
6. Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning, Black Lightning
5. Clark Kent/Superman, Supergirl
4. Kara Danvers/Supergirl, Supergirl
3. Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Arrow
2. Grant Gustin/The Flash, The Flash
1. Sara Lance/White Canary, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Colin Donnell's new streaming series, Irreverent, will premiere on Peacock on November 30...

‘Irreverent’ Trailer: Colin Donnell Flees the Chicago Mob & Hides Out in Australia (VIDEO)
Meredith Jacobs   NOVEMBER 1, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/1067898/irreverent-colin-donnell-trailer-peacock/ 

“Stop looking for God to give you something and go take it for yourself,” criminal mediator Paulo Keegan (Colin Donnell) tells Reverend Mackenzie Boyd (PJ Byrne) in the Irreverent trailer above — and that’s part of what leads him to his new life in Australia.

Paulo starts out in Chicago working for the mob and to say things don’t go as planned one night would be an understatement. That leads to him fleeing to “the other side of the planet,” and eventually how he ends up posing as a reverend in Clump, Australia, while people from his old life hunt him for what happened.
“It’s definitely riding a fine line between a dramatic thriller of a piece and all that stuff that he brings with him from Chicago, but then the other side of that coin is the hilarity of being a total fish out of water in this really strange, wild place that is Clump,” Donnell told TV Insider. “It’s bright. The people are weird. The setting is bizarre — beautiful, but totally bizarre and dangerous, obviously, when preachers are getting eaten by crocodiles just moments before.”

The drama also stars Kylie Bracknell, Briallen Clarke, Tegan Stimson, Ed Oxenbould, Wayne Blair, Russell Dykstra, Calen Tassone, and Jason Wilder. All 10 episodes drop on Peacock on November 30.
In Irreverent, Paulo must adjust to doing good work after a lifetime of crime when he’s forced to pose as the reverend in Clump, a small beach town with no phone or internet and a community filled with people desperate for a connection and crying out for a leader. What at first seems like a perfect hiding place from the Chicago mob quickly becomes Mack’s home. And to truly maintain that illusion that he’s a reverend, he has to appear to care — which might just become true.

Charlie Barnett will be part of Disney+'s The Acolyte cast...

‘The Acolyte’: ‘Star Wars’ Series Adds Carrie-Anne Moss, Charlie Barnett, Rebecca Henderson, Dafne Keen & Dean-Charles Chapman
By Anthony D'Alessandro   November 7, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/11/the-acolyte-star-wars-series-carrie-anne-moss-charlie-barnett-1235165406/ 

New today are Dafne Keen (His Dark Materials), Rebecca Henderson (Inventing Anna), Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll), Dean-Charles Chapman (1917) and Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix).

Edited by tv echo

So sad...

Kevin Conroy, Iconic Voice of Animated Batman, Dead at 66
By Andy Swift / November 11 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/11/11/kevin-conroy-dead-batman-voice-dies-obituary/ 

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Bruce Wayne (and his masked alter ego) in decades of Batman projects, has died. He was 66.
The actor made his first and only appearance as live-action Bruce Wayne in 2019 during the Batwoman portion of The Arrowverse’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover.

Kevin Conroy, of course, was the voice of Batman and Bruce Wayne in the iconic Batman: The Animated Series. For an entire generation, Kevin was Batman. While we were developing the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover event for the CW, we discussed the possibility of bringing back an older actor to play “Old Batman.” Keto Shimizu suggested Kevin. The idea was too exciting to let the concern that voice acting is a different exercise than live-action acting, but we needn’t have worried. Kevin was a classically trained actor — an actor’s actor — and was pitch perfect from the second the cameras rolled until wrap. And it didn’t hurt that he’d aged into the part in the intervening years since Batman.

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1

Katherine McNamara on filming Sugar in Mexico / Montreal, and riding horses in Walker: Independence.
Hey Alexandra! (Let's chat with the stars)     Nov 14, 2022

MEDIA RELEASE: Social Media Influencer Thriller Sugar Sets Sail on Prime Video November 18
October 26, 2022
https://cineflix.com/news/media-release-social-media-influencer-thriller-sugar-sets-sail-on-prime-video-november-18/ 

TORONTO – Today, Prime Video announced the premiere date for the crime thriller feature Sugar. Set to debut on November 18 in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand exclusively on Prime Video, the fictional drama navigates events inspired by the dramatic real-life story of two Quebec influencers, known as the Cocaine Cowgirls. The two influencers are seduced into joining a luxury vacation aboard a cruise ship bound for Australia. The dream trip quickly becomes a nightmare when the women find themselves ensnared in a deadly drug-smuggling operation and only have each other to trust as they try to plot a way out.

Filmed in Montreal and Mexico, the film stars Katherine McNamara (Walker Independence, Maze Runner,Shawdowhunters ), Vancouver-born Jasmine Sky Sarin (Drink Slay Love, Perfect High), Montreal’s Éric Bruneau (Coroner, Laurence Anyways), and Anthony Timpano (Imperfect High, Riverdale).

Mr. Terrific Played A Big Role In The CW's Arrow
BY CALVIN CARTER    NOV. 16, 2022
https://www.looper.com/1104146/mr-terrific-played-a-big-role-in-the-cws-arrow/ 

... Gunn recently had DC fans buzzing, thanks to a tweet that teased the hero Mr. Terrific.
Mostly, the "Arrow" series' depiction of Mr. Terrific pulls heavily from his comic book counterpart. The suit featured in the series for the hero is very similar to its original comic designs, all the way to the t-shaped mask. And like his comic origins, the character of Mr. Terrific is brilliant within the fields of detective work and engineering, as well as being able to fight. The Arrowverse's Mr. Terrific even uses his signature T-sphere drone devices. And like his comic book counterpart, Curtis Holt also got his nickname from a man named Terry Sloane.

However, the show also decided to throw in a few differences. For one, the names of their civilian identities are different, as instead of Curtis Holt, in the comics, Mr. Terrific is known as Michael Holt (via DC.Com). In "Arrow," Curtis also identifies as a gay man, while Michael in the comics is straight. Curtis actually makes a subtle reference to this difference between him and the comic version of Mr. Terrific in the Season 5 Episode "Who Are You?" when he wonders about his possible Earth-2 doppelganger. But another notable difference between Curtis and Michael is their chosen teams. In the comics, Mr. Terrific is known more for his allegiance with the Justice Society of America instead of Green Arrow's Star City-based team. A new movie version of the character looks to align him more with the JSA this time. But just remember, Green Arrow teamed up with him onscreen first.

Stephen Amell and Paul Blackthorne had a joint panel at German Comic Con Limited & Family Edition back on July 16 - in this fan video, SA mentioned DR and EBR in answering a question about funniest moments on Arrow....

-- SA: "Funniest moment? I can't speak for Paul, um, but just - uh, David, Emily and I, in the early part of the show, would just laugh. And we would just scream, 'What's in the box?' That was the joke that we had, forever. That was the funniest thing for me. And also, whenever John Barrowman was on set."
PB: "Usually, with his trousers down."

SA and PB also had a joint panel at Heroes Dutch Comic Con: Winter Edition more recently on November 20 - in this fan video, SA mentioned Felicity... 

(ÐÖИNΛ KS)

-- When asked who he would play, if he could play any other character on Arrow, SA: "Felicity."
PB: "I was gonna say that. I was gonna say, 'Felicity.' ... We'll have to have an arm wrestle."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow Creator Marc Guggenheim Launching New Image Title With Artist Justin Greenwood
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 18, 2022
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/arrow-marc-guggenheim-new-superhero-image-comics-justin-greenwood/ 

Arrow was the story of Oliver Queen's transition from brutal, bloodthirsty vigilante into idealistic superhero -- and now Marc Guggenheim is taking one of his characters in the other direction. Guggenheim, who co-created Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, is launching a new series at Image Comics with his Resurrection collaborator Justin Greenwood -- and it centers on a superhero who snaps and becomes a violent (and seemingly blood-soaked, based on the cover art) vigilante willing to cross the line to get what she views as justice.

The title is called Torrent, and it will launch as a new ongoing series in February 2023 from Image Comics. It centers on Michelle Metcalf, who "is the world's most happy-go-lucky hero—Crackerjack—until tragedy forces her to cross the line from hero…to vigilante."

Full video of SA and PB panel at Heroes Dutch Comic Con: Winter Edition on Nov. 20 (I only transcribed a few selected portions)...

Arrow panel at Dutch Comic Con Winter Edition 2022
Conmose    Nov. 23, 2022

-- SA: "I remember [unintelligible word] into the production office and, uh, looking up at the board of head shots that they had, as they were starting to slowly cast people. First person that I remember being cast was Katie Cassidy. And then a couple of people that I didn't know. And then I was in there looking up at the board one day and saw Paul [Blackthorne] under 'Quentin Lance.' And I was a fan of Paul's. So it was one of those kind of surreal moments. Like, 'Holy shit! Paul Blackthorne's going to be in the show.'"

-- While talking about his favorite scenes with SA:
PB: "The other one - do you remember - ugh, God - when Laurel died? The hospital corridor?"
SA: "Yeah."
PB: "That whole day, shooting that stuff. That was hardcore, wasn't it?"
SA: "Yeah. Because I had my scene with Katie in the room. And then I walk out of the room, knowing that she's died. And you need to - you need to learn that she's died, based on the expression on my face. No words, no nothing. So I felt a lot of pressure to try to give something great to you. And then I just let you do your thing. And - that was a lot."
PB: "Yeah. That was a good one."
SA: "I wouldn't call that fun."
PB: "No... It was dreadful. No, but fun in that sort of shared - we're doing that real acting thing here now, you know? It was great. And it literally sent me to the floor. Because I didn't know it was going to happen. As I walked around, he gives me this look. And I just looked at him - and my legs went... Crumpled onto the floor. Banana legs... Ugh. And then going in to see Laurel. 'Wake up, love! Wake up!' Oh, she's dead. Bugger."

-- When asked who was the best villain on Arrow, SA picked Adrian Chase as Prometheus and PB picked Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk.

-- When asked for his favorite season of Arrow, SA picked Season 1 ("just from a feeling of accomplishment") and PB also picked Season 1 (because it was "the birth of the show").

-- When asked which other character would he want to be on Arrow:
SA: "Felicity."
PB: "I was gonna say that. I was gonna say, 'Felicity.' ... We'll have to have an arm wrestle."
Mod: "So your answer was going to be Felicity as well, Paul?"
PB: "100 per cent."
SA: "Let's have an arm wrestle in the sauna later."

-- SA: "We were very, very fortunate as a cast that, uh - you know, there wasn't a malcontent in the bunch. Everyone got along pretty well. And we got to do a lot of really fun, exciting things, from San Diego Comic Con to Upfronts to comic cons like Paul and I were at in Germany and the one that we're at right now. And those were just really fun, bonding experiences... As a cast, we weren't always together all the time, but when we got together, it was always really fun. You form a bond over the years."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1