Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

PAGE ONE TIMES THREE
LegalDispatch 0.39

Marc Guggenheim    Nov 18, 2022
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/page-one-times-three 

Yeah, it’s a short one, but I’ll still be working away. I’m doing some think time on two potential TV projects. Both of which are at such an early stage I haven’t bothered to give them codenames as yet.
Finally, I’m starting work on a new, non-Star Wars Marvel project which I’m calling PROJECT HOURGLASS. It’s very exciting and I wish I could talk about it further, but my work on it begins with a fairly big continuity deep-dive. More details to come in the ensuing months, I’m sure.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Would Love to Return for Flash's Final Season
BY LEE FREITAG   DECEMBER 1, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/stephen-amell-would-return-flash-final-season/ 

The actor confirmed that he would be down to return as Oliver Queen in The CW show's final season during a recent Instagram Live. "People ask me if I'm going to come back for The Flash final season. I guess you're just going to have to watch," teased Amell before quickly adding, "Haven't been asked, but, you know, that'd be fun." Amell's last appearance on The Flash was in the Season 6 episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three."

• Useful 1

From Fan Expo San Francisco on Nov. 26...

-- When asked the difference between Arrow and Legends, Caity Lotz: "I mean, the biggest difference was... Arrow was a drama, um, and I actually - I like drama better than comedy. Right? I feel like I'm better at drama than I am at comedy. So I loved that in Arrow - that I really got to kind of dive into that. Um. But Legends was fun. Legends was just fun. And Arrow could - Arrow was hard. Arrow was hard. Um, and hours would be hard. And you're in your superhero suit and it's freezing and you're outside and you're always wearing that same suit. And Legends was like, when you're on set, you're just playing. Everyone's playing all the time. So, I think, really, I enjoyed Arrow, the challenge - and also it's the beginning of the character. You're building a whole new character and that's kind of exciting. ... But, yeah, I mean, they're so different. But Legends was just family."

And from CCXP22 (São Paulo, Brazil) on Dec. 3...

KATHERINE MCNAMARA NA #CCXP22: SUA PRIMEIRA COMIC CON FOI... AQUI | CORTES Omelete | #OmeleteNaCCXP
Hyper Omelete   posted 1 day ago

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

From Nov. 19th SA panel at Heroes Dutch Comic Con (I only transcribed a few comments)...

Panel Stephen Amell (Arrow, Heels) at Dutch Comic Con Winter 2022
Conmose    posted Dec 3, 2022

-- SA: "You know, the director of the pilot, David Nutter, who's probably the most prolific director of pilots in the history of television. Um, I think he's had like 20 pilots that have made it to air. ... He's a master, he's a genius. And, you know, when it came to it, I didn't have a huge knowledge of the Green Arrow mythos. I really just put myself in his hands. And our executive producers, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, um, at the time, um, you know, they just - I put myself in their hands... As we moved through the years, and through the seasons, I think you start to see a little bit more of my personality in the character. But, um, in the beginning, they very much wanted him to be, you know, sort of a standoffish, um, you know, guy who was dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder."

-- SA: "We were kind of flying by the seat of our pants at the beginning. We legitimately - for the first several episodes, we couldn't figure out how Oliver, as the Green Arrow, would interact with people. Like, what would his voice sound like? ... We went through many, many, many iterations of it. Like, in one of them, whisper. And finally, they were like, oh, we can just modulate his voice... which seems like the thing you should've have done from the jump. But it took us a second to figure it out."

-- Q: "If you could play any other role on Arrow, what would it be?"
SA:
"Felicity. She's smart."

-- Q: "I was wondering, specifically, during the second season of Arrow, you have two Katies on the set of Arrow. Was that confusing in any way?"
SA:
"Nope. One spoke with a 'K' and one spoke with a 'C'." 

-- Q: "What was the scariest scene you ever had to shoot?"
SA:
"The scariest scene that I ever had to shoot was when Oliver - in the premiere of Season 2, when we find him, and Diggle and Felicity come to the island, and she steps on a land mine. And then all of a sudden, we look up in a tree and Oliver's up there. And then he has to swing down... They didn't want to let me do that. And I made them. And then I was like 50 feet in the air and I realized that I had made a mistake. But I couldn't say anything because I was such a dick and I basically made them let me do it... That was terrifying."

-- Q: "Do you have a favorite blooper or behind-the-scene moment when you were filming Arrow?"
SA:
"Yeah. During the first season, it's either the finale or close to, Oliver and Laurel start smooching, and then he picks her up, carries her to the bedroom... And he's supposed to lay her down on the bed. And I missed... Poor Katie."

-- Q: "You fought a lot of enemies on Arrow. Which was the toughest to beat?"
SA:
"Felicity. (Laughs) I mean, uh, Prometheus. I didn't beat him. He won."

-- Q: "What is your favorite character in Arrow?"
SA:
"Diggle."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Colton Haynes at CCXP22 (São Paulo, Brazil) as part of Teen Wolf panel on Dec. 4...

TEEN WOLF AFTER#CCXP22: REPRESENTATION AND TRAILER FOR THE NEW FILM | Omelet cuts |#OmeleteNaCCXP
Hyper Omelete    posted 4 days ago

Here Are 19 Actors Who Made A Pretty Decisive Exit From A TV Show, Only To Come Screaming Back
by Benjamin Dzialdowski      Dec. 7, 2022
https://www.buzzfeed.com/bendzialdowski/actors-who-left-tv-shows-and-came-back 

1. Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow
Felicity, played by Emily, had become a core member of Team Arrow and was married to Stephen Amell's character, Oliver Queen. When Felicity (and Emily) left at the end of season seven, it wasn't just fans who were sad to see her go. Stephen said it was "not great" doing the last season without Emily, adding that it was "a different show in season 8."

The last thing fans saw of Felicity was when she was pregnant and about to go into hiding with her and Oliver's newborn, Mia. Thankfully, they brought her back for the finale, even if it was in sombre circumstances regarding Oliver!

FROM 'BATMAN' TO 'PEACEMAKER': THE 10 BEST DC COMICS TV SHOWS
By Matthew Jackson    December 8, 2022
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/dc-comics-best-tv-shows-batman-tas-doom-patrol-harley-quinn 

ARROW (2012)
When Arrow first launched on The CW, it felt a bit like a Batman show without Batman, the story of a brooding rich guy who went out into the world, learned some stuff, and came back home to be a vigilante. But over the course of its first few seasons, Arrow built itself into something much bigger, and eventually became the launching pad for a vibrant, diverse comic book universe that's still paying off on the network a decade later. For a show that could have played it safe and done just fine, it certainly took quite a few big swings, and in the process became a vital piece of superhero media.

2022 Children’s & Family Creative Arts Emmy Winners (FULL LIST, NIGHT 1)
By Selome Hailu   December 10, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/childrens-and-family-emmys-2022-winners-list-creative-arts-1235453412/ 

OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING AND SOUND EDITING FOR A LIVE ACTION PROGRAM
WINNER: “Sweet Tooth” (Netflix)

“The Astronauts” (Nickelodeon)
“Raising Dion” (Netflix)
“Scaredy Cats” (Netflix)
“The Mysterious Benedict Society” (Disney+)

‘Heartstopper’ Leads All Winners at 1st Annual Children’s & Family Emmys (FULL LIST)
By Michael Schneider     December 11, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/childrens-family-emmys-winners-list-2023-1235456208/ 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A PRESCHOOL, CHILDREN’S OR YOUNG TEEN PROGRAM
WINNER: Nonso Anozie as Tommy Jepperd, “Sweet Tooth” (Netflix)

Adeel Akhtar as Aditya Singh, “Sweet Tooth”  (Netflix)
Yasmin Finney as Elle Argent, “Heartstopper” (Netflix)
William Gao as Tao Xu, “Heartstopper” (Netflix)
Lisa Kudrow as Aunt Heidi, “Better Nate Than Ever”   (Disney+)

Apparently Justice U is not dead yet...

Justice U: David Ramsey Teases "Good Stuff" in the Works for Arrowverse Spinoff
By NICOLE DRUM - December 4, 2022
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/justice-u-david-ramsey-teases-good-stuff-in-the-works-for-arrowverse-spinoff/ 

While there are a lot of questions about the future of programming on The CW in the wake of Nexstar's ownership of the network, it seems like fans might not want to give up on Justice U just yet. David Ramsey, who is set to direct and star in the potential Arrowverse spinoff series that "good stuff is in the works" for the project, but that he can't be too specific on details just yet. The actor made the comments on a recent Instagram post, replying to fan questions both about Justice U and about why his Arrow character John Diggle/Spartan rejected the glowing green ring.

"I know.. and thank you and everyone else for sticking with us," Ramsey wrote in response to a fan noting that it's been a rough few months with various DC cancellations. "The smoke is clearing. Can't be specific just yet but good stuff is in the works…"

In another comment, Ramsey said that the reason Diggle didn't accept the ring was "A LONG story. But.. Stay tuned.."

• Like 1

13 Holiday Episodes to Watch for Every Mood
Meredith Jacobs  DECEMBER 10, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/tv-best-holiday-christmas-episodes/

If You're Feeling Angsty: Arrow & Buffy the Vampire Slayer

You may never hear “Little Drummer Boy” the same way after Arrow‘s “Dark Waters.” The Season 4 winter finale is full of highs and lows, with Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) crashing Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) holiday party and kidnapping Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Diggle (David Ramsey), and Thea (Willa Holland) — and putting them in a gas chamber. After they’re rescued, Oliver proposes to Felicity (she says yes), only for Darhk’s ghosts to ambush their limo. The episode ends with Darhk with his family and Oliver holding a bleeding Felicity in his arms.

• Like 1

Stephen Amell Would Love To Return For An Arrow Movie
BY BRENNAN KLEIN  DECEMBER 18, 2022
https://screenrant.com/arrow-movie-stephen-amell-response-excited/ 

This weekend, Geek House Show released a new video where they sat down for an interview with Amell. They asked under what circumstances he would like to join the DCU, which is currently being retooled under the auspices of new co-CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran. He said that if he were to join the franchise, he would prefer to continue playing Green Arrow, preferably in "my own movie" so they could get away with things they weren't allowed to show on The CW. Read his full quote below:

If I'm gonna be a part of the DCEU, I'd probably just want to play the Green Arrow in there. I don't know. I mean, are they still separate? Didn't we have two Flashes in the Arrowverse at one point? So, I don't know. We'll see. Whatever they want. If I had to pick one, I'd pick my own movie, only because there's so many things that selfishly I would like to do with Arrow that we couldn't necessarily do on TV.

More content in the full SA interview video...

مقابلتنا مع الفنان Stephen Amell في معرض بوبكون
Geek House Show     posted 1 day ago

Edited by tv echo

WITHER 2022
LegalDispatch 0.42

Marc Guggenheim   Dec 16
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/wither-2022

At any rate, here’s the rundown of what I’ve written in 2022:
NOVEMBER

Star Wars: Jabba’s Palace (script)

PROJECT ARTERY (stuff I can’t talk about yet)

PROJECT TWISTER (pitch for TV series)

PROJECT RAMBLE #1

PROJECT HOURGLASS (pitch for comic book series)

DECEMBER

PROJECT HOURGLASS (outline for comic book series)

Edited by tv echo

Willa Holland, Shane West, Dermot Mulroney To Star In Matthew Yerby Film ‘The Dirty South’
By Valerie Complex     December 16, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/12/willa-holland-shane-west-and-dermot-mulroney-to-star-in-matthew-yerby-1235200823/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Willa Holland (Arrow, Legion), Shane West (A Walk to Remember) and Dermot Mulroney (My Best Friend’s Wedding) have been attached to star in the action-crime feature The Dirty South from writer-director Matthew Yerby.
The Dirty South follows a bartender (Holland) who partners with a mysterious out-of-towner (West) to protect her family’s bar from the small-town big shot (Mulroney). Production is set to wrap in Yerby’s hometown of Natchitoches, LA this month.

Lessons James Gunn's DC Studios Can Learn From the Arrowverse
By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 27, 2022
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/lessons-james-gunns-dc-studios-can-learn-from-the-arrowverse/ 

Reinvention Is Not Toxic
The Arrowverse did this too. Green Arrow in Arrow was often nothing like the Green Arrow of the comics. He ended up with Felicity Smoak instead of Dinah Lance because the actors had better chemistry. The Flash had a complicated family dynamic that also contributed to a season 1 obstacle to his relationship with Iris. The Reverse-Flash turned out to secretly be Barry's hero. And Legends is full of characters who are either radical reinventions of existing characters, or entirely new things.

And virtually all of these choices paid off creatively. There's no need to clone the comics 1:1. In fact, often when you just fill your movie with a bunch of seemingly random fan service, it doesn't really pay off and feels like none of it mattered. Just ask all the familiar Marvel names that popped up as generic Extremis soldiers in Iron Man 3.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

EBR is featured in the Winter 2022/2023 issue (Issue 33) of Wingman Magazine - go to Instagram link to see gallery of EBR pics...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmhoAAZPdHQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D  

wingmanmagazine New winter issue out NOW! Link in bio!
The ARROWVERSE has been one of the most watched collective of shows for the past decade and at the center of it and from the very beginning is the talented and stunning EMILY BETT RICKARDS! As FELICITY SMOAK on the tentpole show ARROW, EMILY BETT RICKARDS has become one of the most beloved and memorable actresses from a franchise that was filled with incredibly strong and badass women! A talented actress that steals the hearts of all of her viewers, BETT RICKARDS has only just gotten started and has already shown just how incredible she truly is! Check out the interview and pictorial in the newest issue, available in the link above!
@emilybett #emilybettrickards #arrow #arrowverse #felicitysmoak
#wingmanmagazine #socialmediamarketing #socialmediastrategy #photoshoot

Photo taken at @thehuntleyhotel
Photos by @michaelblankphotography
Glam by @monikasanchez_
Story and Styling by @andrewcristipeterpandrew
Assisted by Carlos Leon

Edited by tv echo

David Ramsey's Diggle is returning to the Arrowverse next season...

‘The Flash’: David Ramsey, Keiynan Lonsdale and Sendhil Ramamurthy Return To Reprise Roles In 9th & Final Season
By Denise Petski   January 3, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/01/the-flash-david-ramsey-keiynan-lonsdale-sendhil-ramamurthy-return-reprise-roles-9th-final-season-1235210454/ 

“As one of the legacy Arrowverse characters who helped start it all, John Diggle holds a special place in our hearts, as well as the fans.” said executive producer Eric Wallace. “Plus, the commanding presence and commitment to excellence actor/director David Ramsey brings to the screen each-and every time is truly inspiring. So, of course, it was a no-brainer to have Diggle join Team Flash in our final season! So, get ready for a very emotional reunion as John Diggle aka Spartan helps protect Central City alongside Team Flash one, last time.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

SA's Oliver Queen is also returning to the Arrowverse next season...

‘The Flash’: Stephen Amell Returns To Reprise Oliver Queen Role In 9th & Final Season
By Denise Petski    January 4, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/01/the-flash-stephen-amell-reprise-oliver-queen-9th-final-season-1235211182/ 

Oliver Queen will team up with Barry Allen one last time in the ninth and final season of The Flash. The CW announced today that Stephen Amell, who starred as the title character in Arrow and also appeared in spinoff The Flash, will return to guest star in episode 909, joining previously announced David Ramsey (John Diggle aka Spartan), Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West/Kid Flash) and Sendhil Ramamurthy (Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork).
“As soon as our final season was announced, we knew we wanted Stephen to come back and reprise his iconic role as Oliver Queen,” said executive producer Eric Wallace. “After all, it was Oliver who originally launched Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin) on his heroic path. That’s why everyone on Team Flash felt so strongly that it was important to create a full-circle moment with Oliver’s return in the final season of The Flash. The result is an epic-yet-emotional episode we hope Arrowverse fans will enjoy. It’s all to say “thank you” to everyone for watching and supporting our show throughout nine wonderful years. We absolutely cannot wait for everyone to see Grant and Stephen saving the world together again. And yes, there will be thrills, chills and tears.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Still being featured in recent articles...

Despite How Believable Their Onscreen Romances Are, These Costars Are Surprisingly Just Friends
BY JARRETT NEWMAN   PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://www.thethings.com/despite-how-believable-their-onscreen-romances-are-these-costars-are-surprisingly-just-friends/ 

6/8  Stephen Amell And Emily Bett Rickards
When Arrow premiered a noticeable onscreen chemistry was observed between Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards, who played Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak. Fans became even more invested in the characters onscreen connection as writers teased a potential romance between the broody archer and the nerdy tech-girl. When Oliver and Felicity finally got together, fans wondered if the actors had too.

But Amell and Rickards are nothing more than great friends off-screen. Amell even referenced her as his best friend in a heartfelt Instagram post when the actress left the show in 2019.

Edited by tv echo

SA's Instagram video (posted  2 days ago)...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnF4r-wIS0i/

-- SA: “I’m coming back for the ninth and final season of The Flash. ... Why? Doesn’t matter. How? Doesn’t matter. Greg Berlanti called me up, and he said, ‘The Flash is ending. Would you like to --’ and I said, ‘Yes! You don’t even have to finish your sentence.’ I have always, always loved coming over - as Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, Spectre, a Nazi, the Flash, you name it - to The Flash. I love the cast. I love the crew. So, for Greg Berlanti, thank you. For Eric Wallace, thank you. For Grant and Candice and Danielle, who’s directing, and the rest of the cast, thank you for having me. Don’t ask me any more f**kin' questions about it. Just tune in when it airs later this year.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Huh...

Studiocanal Boasts Star-Studded French Slate, Including New Films With Gilles Lellouche, Camille Cottin, Karin Viard (EXCLUSIVE)
By Elsa Keslassy   January 9, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/film/global/studiocanal-gilles-lellouche-camille-cottin-karin-viard-1235482307/ 

Studiocanal’s lineup also includes Gilles De Maistre’s “Autumn and the Black Jaguar,” with Lumi Pollack and Emily Bett Rickards; Ludovic Bernard’s “How to Survive Without Mum”; Quentin Reynaud’s disaster movie “Blaze,” with Lutz and André Dussollier; and the anticipated animated film “Ernest & Celestine, a Trip to Gibberitia,” with Jean-Christophe Roger and Julien Chheng. Other Studiocanal titles include “Farang,” directed by Xavier Gens.

Edited by tv echo

More on Gilles De Maistre’s Autumn and the Black Jaguar, which reportedly stars EBR...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmixieELbSj/?hl=en 
English translation:

gillesdemaistre Happy holidays to all. And for those who do not yet have gifts, here is this beautiful box that brings together our two films: Mia and the White Lion and the Wolf and the Lion. While waiting to discover the next one, the Last Jaguar, released in cinemas on February 7, 2024. #Miaetlelionblanc #miaandthewhitelion #thewolfandthelion #leloupetlelion #maijuinproductions #mediawan #studiocanal #galatée #m6films

And from his twitter...

English translation:

There you go. The shooting of our next film is almost finished! Adventure, emotion, the Amazon rainforest and comedy. "The Last Jaguar" soon in cinemas... Stay tuned.  #autumnandtheblacktjaguar #ledernierjaguar #maijuinproductions #mediawan #studiocanal

Edited by tv echo

TODD WOLFE on making WE NEED TO TALK MOVIE | EMILY BETT RICKARDS | FRO KNOWS PHOTO | FILMMAKING
Lyons Den Media     Jan 16, 2023

-- Todd Wolfe: "Again, it really came down to casting. You know, these folks nailed it on their auditions. ... I really enjoyed the mix of everybody on set, especially Johnathan. Johnathan was a highlight. I loved Emily Bett Rickards playing Amber...."

-- Podcaster (Bill Lyons): "You mentioned Emily Bett Rickards, and I was super jazzed that she's in the [unintelligible word]. I'm a huge Arrowverse fan and so, huge fan of Felicity. And I was really -"
Wolfe: "Shout-out to all the Arrowverse fans, because I didn't realize how big that fanbase was, until we cast her. So shout-out to them."
Podcaster: "You know, the trailer - I checked her IMDb just for sh*ts and giggles when I was researching, and the We Need to Talk trailer is on her IMDb page. It's the first thing that pops up."
Wolfe: "Excellent. It's her best work. It's her best work... No, I'm joking. ... When I saw Emily - I saw her tape - it was just like, 'holy shit, she's perfect.' And then, with every person, you know, when I would see somebody I liked, you know, the actor - the casting director would set up like a Zoom meeting, so we would kinda talk with each other. She was just like, 'I love how much of a trainwreck she is.' She's like, 'I absolutely love how insane she is... I love Amber.' ... And it showed when she came, like, when she came, she came with the red hair... Emily had an exact way that she thought Amber was, and I just - I got out of the way, at that point. ... You know, we had some - a bunch of different wardrobe choices for her, so she kind of - we - it was very collaborative with Emily. And it was - it was a pleasure. She was wonderful. And, again, she came in for like two days. She was probably our tightest schedule. She came in one day, did her scene with James at the apartment, and then did her thing at the axe-throwing place, and she was out. She was like a ghost in the night... She was in and out...."
Podcaster: "Doesn't that s*ck, when like it only takes a couple days to shoot? ... You're like, f**k, should've wrote more for that character. Just want to keep working with - keep playing with this actress."
Wolfe: "To be honest, you know, she was just that one scene, when she comes in to Scott's apartment and gives him the business, that was it. And then, you know - I don't want to spoil it too much, I guess, but she does come back. But it was because, I was like, oh my God, I love her dynamic. I mean, basically, it's the character of Amber and the character of Kyle, the young kid, who are basically the grenade throwers. Like, they go in, and at any moment, they can explode and throw a grenade in the room and walk out and just blow up his life. And that's what this character needed. Like, he needed the tables flipped on him, so he would have to like, kind of have to rebuild himself. And I loved the two of them. And that's why I brought her back, because I was like, I can't let her go, I love that so much."

-- Podcaster: "It's really cool to learn that Emily was just another audition. I figured that was someone maybe you went after because you were a fan. And I was like, man, it's incredible that you got her."
Wolfe: "It wasn't. It really wasn't. Our casting director just kind of went with her gut and just kind of went after people she she felt were a good fit, that we could attract on our budget. It was not a big budget. It was less than a million dollars. Way less than a million dollars. ... I felt really lucky that the script spoke to them. It was two things. They loved the script, which I felt very lucky for. And I had enough to show on my reel and other things that I had done, for them to be like, okay, he knows how to take a lens cap off, he knows how to hit 'record.' So we'll give him a shot. ... I was very fortunate. But again, like I said before, it was kind of being prepared when the time comes. ... But, no, this was the casting director. Shout- out to Michelle. She brought all these folks to me. ... Everybody came through casting. I saw reels - video reels of everybody. They auditioned. And the folks that got it just nailed it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Marc Guggenheim Arrow / Arrowverse Creator Talks Current, Future Projects, James Gunn Remaking DC
Zennie62 Live Oakland News Now NFL CES 2023 Vegas     Jan 17, 2023

-- When asked why the Arrowverse has to end, MG: "It doesn't have to end, but it clearly is obviously ending... It ran into sort of a perfect storm. On the one hand, you've got Discovery buying Warner Bros. and vastly downsizing everything. Uh, you know, Legends and Batwoman were not cancelled by The CW. It was Warner Bros' decision not to move forward with those shows. Um, and at the same time - one would be bad enough, right? One corporate merger. But, in addition, obviously you have Nexstar buying The CW and changing the way they're going about programming their slate... Like I said, I think one of those was survivable. Uh, two of those, uh, much less so... So it is a shame... Look, all good things come to an end and everything sort of ends... I'm personally, just as a writer and a creator, I'm disappointed that it's not going out in sort of high style. It would be nice to go out with like a miniseries or some story that - that, you know, resolved any dangling plot threads and - and sort of just, you know, go out on - go out on a high note. Um, and to a certain extent, television doesn't really work like that. Um, you know, you don't have like an actual [unintelligible word] to end an entire [static-unintelligible words] shows so unique. So, it's, uh, it's a shame, it's a bummer, um, but, you know, that is such is life."

-- When asked if he was surprised by how long Arrow ran and how successful it was, especially for a superhero TV series, MG: "Beyond surprised. Um, beyond surprised. I mean, the truth is, you know, we - we never - we never really anticipated basically [unintelligible words] the way it ended up at this point... We just thought, like, all we can do - you know, Greg and I were coming off the twin disappointments of the Green Lantern movie and Eli Stone. And, you know, all - all really we were, um, hoping is to get a show on the air that will allow us to stay on the air. And we thought, perfect world, our wildest imaginings, it would run five years. You know, that's why Oliver was on the island for five years. Um, you know, the idea that it would run eight, um, you know, it never entered our minds. Uh, we -we didn't - we never thought it was possible. Uh, because you're right, you know, not too many shows run that long, and not too many, uh, superhero shows in particular run that long. ... If you have a time machine, go back in time and ask me and Greg to bet money on a variety of different things related to Arrow, and you could - you could make some good money that way, because we were wrong about everything."

-- When asked about how alive the Arrow fandom still is and how Stephen Amell is helping to keep that fandom alive, MG: "I think we would all be very interested in returning to the Arrowverse or returning to Arrow in some way, shape or form... I personally would like to wait a little bit longer. You know, we haven't been off the air that long... I also - you know, I would love for us to whatever [unintelligible words] to be able to, you know, sort of really, [unintelligible words] you know, see what happens, like, that there's new [unintelligible words] with the DC Universe. I think, um, you know, it's all kind of up for grabs at the moment. Uh, but it's terrific that, you know, it's terrific that Stephen's reprising his role and David's reprising his role on Flash. That's wonderful... And absolutely right. You know, God bless Stephen for - you know, he does keep the fans engaged. He's always been amazing at that. I think - I think Stephen was - you know, Arrow came on just as Twitter was becoming a thing... I consider Stephen a pioneer in the modern way of, you know, actors engaging with fans... I can't personally think of any other actor who's done it to the extent he has. I'm absolutely not capable of thinking of another actor who's done it as well as he has."

-- MG answered a question about his personal history, including how he got interested in comics and the superhero genre.

-- When asked if there was a list of lesser characters that he wanted to bring into Legends of Tomorrow at some point, MG: "Not an actual physical list. I always kept sort of a mental list of, oh, these are characters who A) I would like to see, but also B) I think would work well in this universe. You know, in other words, like, you know, work well with the, you know, the tone of any one of the shows or work well in terms of like, okay we can produce that, you know. Like, there are certain characters and powers that just are - are a heavier lift, uh, in terms of visual effects. Um, but like, you know, for the - I mean, this is not a Legends character, but for Arrow, um, I really, really always wanted to get the Question... To me, the Question was like, you know, so obvious and kind of perfect for Arrow. Uh, and again, talking about a mix of like, we can achieve that with our budget and - and tone and everything else, that character would kind of fit in. ... With respect to Legends, I was really excited, um, that, you know, DC finally gave the approval to use Booster Gold, and it would have been - you know, that - because Booster Gold is sort of a perfect character for Legends because he's both a time traveler and he's a little on the, you know, the more comedic side and, um, you know, you can just do so much, you know, with Booser... Booster and Legends to me was like a perfect fit."

-- When asked if he's had a chance to talk to James Gunn about his vision for the DC Universe, MG: "No. Believe it or not, I haven't been able to get a meeting. Yeah, no, there's just, uh - I don't know, no interest there. Um, your guess is as good as mine. Um, but... I'm really excited that he, you know, was the one who got the job. I think, you know, for too long, you know, Warner Bros. - and this sort of, you know, infected, I think, the entire studio. Warner Bros. for the longest time just didn't like superheroes, didn't understand why they, you know, had to make movies and TV shows off these superheroes. And they finally have someone at the helm who actually is not - is not - I would have settled for someone who just wasn't embarrassed by them. But, uh, with James, you're getting someone who actually knows them and loves them. And I think that - that is, you know, job one for anyone, you know, in that position. And I really just love the ambition that - that James is coming at this with, which is, like, okay, we're gonna tell an eight-to-ten year long story, it's all going to be connected. And that's just, you know, give it to me. Take my money. I'm ready."

-- When asked if there's a chance they might bring back Legends of Tomorrow or is it finished like Arrow, MG: "Well, you know, there's no more Waverider sets. Uh, those stages are now empty. Um, you know, look, I've learned, never say never. Um, I suspect that if you were to see Arrow again or Legends again, it would be part of like some new revival kind of series, you know, um, where we're playing characters, you know, from various shows and putting them in a story together... if that works... I'd love to see it, you know, live on in comic books. That would, I think, be pretty cool. Um, you know, the Crisis On Infinite Earths comic tie-in that we did was ridiculously successful. ... And like I said, you just - you never know, especially in this business. But I so appreciate the fact that there are fans, you know, still out there, who still care about the shows. ... When James Gunn is not calling you after, you know, nine years of working in this universe, um, what makes it really worthwhile is the fans."

-- When asked about how the DC fandom is really splintered right now, the online toxicity, and social media threats against anyone who likes something they don't like (like the online threats made by the "Snyder bros"), MG: "Well, you know, I think the Venn diagram of the - the Snyder bros and people, uh, a certain, uh, end of the political spectrum have sort of proven, they have no problems whatsoever with hypocrisy. Hypocrisy for them is a feature, not the dog. Um, so, you know, unfortunately, they're never gonna see that inconsistency at all... As a creator, as a writer, my bigger concern honestly is for the people from marginalized communities who they disproportionately beat up on. And sometimes those are people who are involved with the shows, either behind the scenes or, you know, in front of the camera... They love to go after the actors, which is horrible, um, because these are people who are - you know, they - they live a public life by virtue of their job and - and they sort of, you know, are out there, uh, and it's very easy to abuse them. You know, the people like yourself, Jessica. All you do is go online and post something about liking something and you're getting this, you know, this swarm of activity and hatred and small mindedness. Um, and I worry about that, you know, and, yes, I mean, the possibility that, uh, you know, a mean tweet today could turn into physical violence tomorrow... By the way, just to be clear, I - I don't - it's not that I think a mean tweet is not harmful... I subscribe to the [unintelligible words] sticks and stone may break your bones, but words do the real damage... You see that playing out constantly online. But it's - it's a huge problem that unfortunately I don't know what the solution is, except to - we, just collectively, as, you know, representing sane people, we just have to not give these people any oxygen. ... I will say, as someone who used to engage all the time, with every manner of, you know, human being online, um, I've learned there's just no point. It's kind of like - oh, God, I'm blanking out - you know, who said, but it's like - it's like mud wrestling a pig. You know, you get dirty and the pig enjoys it. ... It is a real problem. It's such a real shame, too... I've even like encountered the differences in the fandoms, like Legends fans versus the Arrow fans. Like, you know, my wife would be like, I see what all the Arrow fans are saying to you online, but why don't the same people say bad things to you about Legends online? I’m like, I don't know. I'd like to think I'm an equal opportunity offender... This is a strange dichotomy." 
Jessica clarified that there some very good Zack Snyder fans. She also said that she felt bad for Zack Snyder that some of his fans are "doing this by using him as the scapegoat for their reasoning."
MG: "I think this is the pitfall of any artist, which is, they will use your - they will misinterpret your work and they will use your work, you know, to further their own ends that are not in line with your beliefs... I feel for any writer, director, actor, any creative person, uh, who has had their work co-opted that way... It's a terrible thing. And again, it's - it's part of what makes what's going on online so insidious."
Jessica thought the pandemic had "ramped it up" because everyone was sitting at home, stewing about stuff.
MG: "It's not limited to comics or television or genre... You see it everywhere... We all went collectively nuts... I don't know sort of how we find our way back to normalcy, but I know that we have to, because this, you know, this heightenedness can't sustain itself."

-- When asked if he saw fan-produced work as something that built off of copyrighted material and took away an opportunity from the creator, MG: "I don't see it that way... I don't see it like they're taking food out of my mouth or taking opportunities away from me. Um, for one thing, I, you know, I so appreciate that there's fandom work out there. Um, I make a very determined effort not to see any of it... I don't want to be in a position where I'm accidentally, even subconsciously, stealing someone else's idea. Um, so, I talk a little bit from a place of, I don't know... I don't know what the content out there that's being produced, but I don't, you know, feel threatened by it. I kind of - I kind of like it. You know, when we were working on Arrow, we always said, the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy. Um, so even when they're hating you, they're engaged, they're engaged with the product, they're engaged with the show, and that also goes for fan fiction and fan videos and - and, you know, that's - that's fans expressing their fandom... I think any creative artist, um, sort of turns their nose up at that at their peril... That's like not taking a compliment... It's the highest form of compliment... I don't have a problem with it. Um, and I'll be honest, I don't know too many who do."

-- When asked which character he would choose, if James Gunn hired him to write a DC film, MG: "It would have to be Superman."

-- When asked if he thought TV series or films was the better way for the DC Universe to develop, MG said that it wasn't an "either or" situation and that he would just recommend a "slow and steady approach." He said that the Arrowverse was built "brick by brick." He also said that he didn't have to answer to stockholders.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

From KM's Jan. 15th panel at Creation Las Vegas - she talked about various roles that she's played and other stuff...

SPNVEGAS 2023 Katherine McNamara Panel (Partial) - Walker Independence
Gayle    Jan 16, 2023

'Arrow' stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, and Emily Bett Rickards will be guests at Motor City Comic Con
By: Adam Luchies    January 19, 2023
https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/michigan/arrow-stars-stephen-amell-david-ramsey-and-emily-bett-rickards-will-be-guests-at-motor-city-comic-con 

NOVI, Mich. — Green Arrow and his original team are coming to Michigan. Motor City Comic Con has announced that Arrow stars Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow), David Ramsey (John Diggle/Spartan), and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) will be guests at the upcoming event on Saturday, May 20 at the Suburban Collection Showplace.

Amell, Ramsey, and Rickards will each be available for autographs, professional photo ops, and selfies. Amell will also be available for duo photo ops with either Ramsey or Rickards for $150. A photo op with the whole trio will also be available for $200.

Ramsey will also be at the Motor City Comic Con on Sunday, May 21.
Arrow was developed by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg. The series aired on The CW from 2012-2020. Arrow follows billionaire Oliver Queen, who returns home after being shipwrecked and surviving on an island for five years. After learning that his father was not the man he thought he was, Oliver decides to right his family’s wrongs and fight crime using a bow and arrow. Over the course of the first season, Diggle and Felicity joined Oliver in his quest to save Starling City (which later became Star City). Oliver and Felicity would later get married during the show’s sixth season.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell's Return as Green Arrow Risks His Entire Character Arc
BY MATHEW SCHEER     Jan 6, 2023
https://www.cbr.com/stephen-amell-green-arrow-return-risk/ 

Oliver Queen is returning to the Arrowverse on The Flash for the show's final season. But should he return as The Green Arrow after he already ended his story with a heroic sacrifice?

Recently, news broke that Stephen Amell will return as The Green Arrow in Season 9, Episode 9 of The Flash. Amell played the character on Arrow for eight seasons on The CW in a story of tragedy, triumph and redemption. His return could endanger that story.
In his years under the hood, Oliver was never able to save his city and he also suffered devastating losses. As he saved the universe, he changed the timeline so that he could save lost loved ones. He also saved Star City by eliminating crime. In 2040, The Monitor returned to escort Felicity Smoak, by then Oliver's widow, to another dimension, a sort of heaven where she and Oliver could spend eternity together.

If Oliver returns from the beyond as The Green Arrow after so many transformative experiences, it would mean ignoring everything he's been through over the years. Considering that this is happening on The Flash, however, could mean a time-travel story. If Barry goes back in time to team up with Oliver or enlist his help in the present, his arc will remain intact.

Edited by tv echo

A TWO-PARTER (Part 1)
LegalDispatch 0.45A

Marc Guggenheim   Jan 20, 2023
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/a-two-parter-part-1 

Yesterday, I actually had two in-person meetings which I had to fight through LA traffic to get to. It felt like I’d time traveled back to 2019. So strange.

Both meetings had to do with separate potential television projects. I’ve been meeting, Zooming, cogitating, and writing on a variety of different potential new series. As I told my wife, I’ve never worked harder for no money. But that’s the gig.

Edited by tv echo

An Interview With Marc Guggenheim 
Cryptid Creator Corner from Comic Book Yeti    January 27, 2023
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cryptid-creator-corner-from-comic-book-yeti/id1609703832?i=1000596869352

-- MG: "Two things happened simultaneously, as they often do. One was, like, after Eli Stone, which was like soft genre, I would say - I had been writing comic books for a chunk of time by that point. And I was like, okay, the next thing I do, I really want to merge, you know, the two sides of my life, really. I had the TV drama side and I had the comic book side, and I really wanted to merge the two. Um, in hindsight, I overcorrected. (Laughs) ... That was one of the reasons why I wanted to work on Flashforward. And, what happened with Arrow was, you know, Greg and I - and actually, this was because of Eli, so - I'll be honest, and it was so many years ago, so the statute of limitations has passed. Like, um, ABC didn't really treat us very well with Eli... We were considered a magical realism show. And Pushing Daisies was also - it was developed the same year, we were in competition with each other, Bryon Fuller... Great show. But ABC basically made it very clear that they loved Pushing Daisies and couldn't really care less about us. And, you know, Greg and I, you know, we have a lot of things in common. And one of the, you know, things we have in common is, when someone says, you know, treats you badly, you just want to show them. Uh, you want to show them better. And Greg had, you know - we were flying back - this was during the pilot development process of Eli, um, which - we were already feeling this, you know, this, you know, sort of apathy from ABC. Um, we were casting in New York. We were flying back. And on that flight back, he says to me, he's like, I have an idea to do a Green Lantern movie. And, um, we started working on the Green Lantern movie while we were doing Eli. In fact, uh, ... Greg was originally attached as a director, as the director. And, during the second season of Eli, he was in hard prep... We were in pretty advanced prep. He was doing pre-vis and everything, um, during the second season of Eli. ... What happened was, Greg was removed as director, you know, not because of anything - honestly, not because of any shortcomings of Greg's part. It's because - you know, Green Lantern was written by myself, Greg and Michael Green, another Jack and Bobby-slash-Everwood writer - brilliant writer, who's since gone on to write huge movies. But at the time, like, as I like to say, Warner Bros. woke up one day and realized their 250 billion dollar movie was written by three TV writers. (Laughs) They were like, this can't happen... And I actually understand. I respect that... For a long time, I felt like we were pulling off a bank heist. Um, so they woke up to that fact and they brought in Martin Campbell to direct and brought in Michael Goldenberg, a feature writer off the Harry Potter movies to rewrite it. And, uh, we ended up with Green Lantern. ... Before Green Lantern came out, Greg had had a conversation with Peter Roth, the head of Warner Bros. Television Studios, um, and said, oh, I have an idea of how to do Green Arrow for television. Um, and Peter was like, that's great. And Greg had moved his deal over from ABC to Warner Bros. And Green Lantern comes out, and it is not met with, uh, huge acclaim. Uh, but Peter goes to Greg, like, hey, how about that Green Arrow idea? And, you know, Greg goes to me, is like, do we really want to do - do we want to do this again? ... And we were both like, no... we can't do this again. ... Green Lantern... was such a trying experience... We were still feeling very scarred from it. This was literally like the summer it came out... And we're like, no - no, no, no... Certainly not another DC character. Certainly not another one with 'Green' in the title. No, no, no. And Peter just wouldn't... - The great thing about Peter is, when he believes in something, he's a - he's like a dog with a bone. And he would not - you know, he was calling Greg. But not only that, he was even calling me... What are you calling me for? Like, I'm nothing. Like, he wanted it - he wanted it, wanted it. And Greg and I were like, okay, well... What will it take? What does doing it have to look like? And what it had to look like was that we would basically get complete creative control. Like, that we wouldn't go through the normal network television development process... We said, what we will do is, we will take two meetings. We will meet with the studio. We will meet with the network. In both meetings, we will pitch you the show. Then we will go and we will write it. There will be no Deadline Hollywood article. There will be no Variety article. No one will know we are doing it. Um, and we're not going to give you - now normally, what it would be is, you pitch it, and then you do a story area and an outline and a script, and you're getting notes at every step. And we're like, you're going to get a script. That's all that you're getting. Just one document that you get. And off of that, you will decide whether or not you want to make the thing. Um, and to our shock, they - they kinda called our bluff, really. Like, they're like, sure, great, let's do that... And that script is really what became, you know, Arrow. ... The pitch of the pilot is very identical to what you saw on screen." 

---MG: "Arrow was coming off of, you know, The Dark Knight trilogy, and we're heavily influenced by that. ... Online, you know, we get a lot of shit for, um, you know, for basically just being a Batman ripoff. ... The thing I always find funny about that, and I actually wrote a piece about it in the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary hardcover, um, the thing that's funny about it is, to me, Green Arrow's always been a Batman ripoff. ... One of my favorite comic book moments is when Kevin Smith was doing his run, um, Batman visits, uh, Green Arrow in his - I'm not making this up - his Arrowcave. And he's like, you know, you see the Arrowcave and the Arrowcar and the Arrowjet, and great Kevin Smith line - Kevin Smith goes - sorry, Batman goes to Green Arrow, 'Good God, man, have you ever had an original thought in your life?' ... Yes, we went very dark - obviously, much darker than the comic book. Um, but that was also - you know... it felt true, not just to the character - this idea that this guy has been on this island for five years - but also true to the timing and spirit of, you know - we were coming off The Dark Knight trilogy being very successful. And I think Greg and I were also sort of reacting to - our version of Green Lantern was not dark by any means, but it was certainly darker than the movie that everyone saw... You know, Hal was very much driven by the death of his dad... That was a big sort of piece of it. ... Also again, we were coming off, like, you know, Iron Man and, you know, Thor... The idea of like sort of doing live action superheroes in this era, it was all started off in a fairly darker place... And Homeland was a big influence. You know, we always sort of talked about Oliver being like Brody, you know, this prisoner of war essentially, who comes, you know, back from this experience, who is, you know, emotionally and physically scarred. Um, we wanted to lean into that."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Marc Guggenheim Talks About the Spark That Flipped the Pages from TV Back to Comics
Fandom Sessions By Geek Network   February 1, 2023
https://geek-network.com/marc-guggenheim-interview/

Podcast Link:
https://anchor.fm/geeknetwork/episodes/Marc-Guggenheim-Flipping-the-Pages-from-TV-Back-to-Comics-e1u81v8

-- MG: "A lot of people were sort of angry on our behalf because of the Suicide Squad... DC had first asked us to use them and then later, like a year later, DC told us we couldn't use them. And I think a lot of people kinda got offended on our behalf... I will say, just to set the record the straight, it never really bothered me... I'm very conscious of the fact that, when you're doing a show like Arrow or you're writing a comic book like Han Solo and Chewbacca, like, you are - you don't own these characters. You are, you know, the temporary custodian of, uh, of the people who really do own the characters... I was trying to be very respectful of that... I'm going into someone's house. I'm going to try very hard not to trash the place. And if they want to, you know, change the, you know, wallpaper from, you know, uh, pin stripes to polka dots, well, that's - it's their house... They have every right. ... It didn't bother me, um, you know, that we... could use Suicide Squad until we couldn't. ... Same thing [unintelligible word] true for Deathstroke... There were, you know, periods of Arrow, uh, where we couldn't do Deathstroke. Uh, and then there were other periods of Arrow where we could... And my attitude was, okay, we're just gonna to respond to the given moment and we're gonna follow our marching orders and know that those marching orders can and will and often do change."

-- In discussing his desire to be given more money to produce an improved film version of Crisis On Infinite Earths, MG: "You never know. Gosh, if there could be a Snyder Cut, you know, I see no reason why they couldn't let us play around with Crisis On Infinite Earths."

-- MG: "When you try to go from 2D to 3D in live action, there are challenges. Some of them are budgetary and some of them are creative that make it hard to do a one-for-one swap. ... It's a lot easier in animation."

Edited by tv echo

‘Fallout’: Katie Cassidy, Devon Sawa, Chris Backus, Kate Bosworth & Tyrese Gibson Set For Survival Thriller — EFM
By Andreas Wiseman    February 1, 2023 
https://deadline.com/2023/02/katie-cassidy-arrow-tyrese-gibson-fast-furious-thriller-fallout-efm-1235245233/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Katie Cassidy (Arrow), Devon Sawa (Gasoline Alley), Chris Backus (Mindhunter), Kate Bosworth (The Enforcer), and Tyrese Gibson (Fast & The Furious) have joined survival thriller Fallout, which recently wrapped filming in New Jersey.

The film charts the fallout when a nuclear threat forces six people into a malfunctioning underground bunker. Tensions soon rise as they fight to stay alive. With oxygen and the trust in each other quickly running out, they learn that a more sinister plan is afoot.

Michael Benaroya’s International Film Trust is launching world sales on the project at the upcoming EFM.

Edited by tv echo

In case you forgot, GG debuted as Barry Allen in Season 2 of Arrow, so his audition was technically for a guest star role on Arrow...

Grant Gustin Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya    Feb 1, 2023

-- GG: "The Flash audition I remember like - I didn't want to go because I - I thought I was just wrong for the role. I was, uh, a little young, like he - I was younger than the character was described when I was auditioning for it. And I, you know, you knew it was a superhero and I'm a skinny guy. And I was like, I'm not built like a superhero. And he's got blonde hair in the comics and I don't have blonde hair. I look nothing like this guy. I'm too young. That's why I didn't want to go. And, um, 'cause I was just, you know, insecure and didn't think I'd get it. But I went, obviously. And it ended up being, um, a long - a pretty long - longest audition process I've been a part of. I think it was five or six different auditions over the course of like five weeks or so. Um, so it was - yeah, it was my first audition, then a call back, and then a little bit of time in between, and then a couple more auditions, and then - and then waiting for another week or so before you - I found out I got it... which was obviously very exciting, life-changing news. But it was a long process."

Edited by tv echo

MG is miffed that, after everything he did to create the Arrowverse and produce Crisis On Infinite Earths, he was not invited by James Gunn to join his "writers room" (to help chart out the new DCU) or even at least to have a meeting with him...

So, I almost killed the newsletter this week.
Well, I’ll start with a truncated version of what I’d originally written:

.... Why am I saying this now?

Well, this week, James Gunn announced that he assembled a “writers room” to help chart out what the new “DC Universe” under his and James Safran’s leadership is going to be.

Suffice it to say, I am not among that group.

I’m not particularly surprised. In fact, I assumed that they would assemble some kind of brain trust to help facilitate what I assumed — hoped — would be a vision as ambitious as the DC Universe deserves.

But I’ll be honest: I would have liked to have gotten at least a meeting.

Not a job, mind you. A meeting. A conversation. A small recognition of what I’d tried to contribute to the grand tapestry that is the DC Universe. I’d only spent nine years toiling in that vineyard, after all. (Not including many more years co-writing the Green Lantern movie, a Green Lantern streaming series, and comic books like The Flash, Batman Confidential, Adventures of Superman, and Justice Society of America.)

And then there was some other stuff which basically boiled down to me lamenting that although working for DC had been creatively fulfilling, it involved a lot of adversity, challenges, and personal sacrifices — none of which seem to have accrued to any professional benefit. Simply put, the Arrowverse hasn’t led to any other gigs, so it feels — at least on a career level — that I really wasted my time.
Well, I’ve backed away from my initial impulse to cancel the newsletter. Enough people have told me that they like it that I should resist the impulse to throw out babies with bathwater. But I am going to retrench and probably refrain from putting out weekly editions. But what further editions look like… I’m not sure just yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

No story details were revealed...

“It’s a two-pronged answer,” Wallace shared with TVLine on Friday. “I called up Greg and said, ‘I have a crazy idea. What if Oliver Queen came back….,’ and I pitched the story. He was like, ‘I love it, let me call Stephen.’ So he called Stephen, then called me back: ‘Stephen loves it! Talk to him, pitch him the idea.’

“So I got on the phone with Stephen — and this is all happening within a span of 18 hours, mind you — and I walked him through it,” Wallace continued. “He said, ‘I love it. But can we do this extra thing…?'”

Amell proceeded to pitch a storyline add-on, to which Wallace said, “‘Let’s do that! That’s fantastic.’ And the call ended with [Amell saying], ‘I’m in. Let’s make this happen.’ It happened that fast.”

As for how the very dead Oliver Queen manages to come back for the episode, Wallace was mum on specifics, though he did maintain, “We don’t change what has happened in the eight seasons of Arrow.” Rather, “we honor all of that.”

Edited by tv echo

Another interview where Eric Wallace promised that Stephen Amell's guest appearance in the final season of The Flash will not affect the series finale of Arrow...

The Flash Season 9: Stephen Amell Return "Not Throwing Out" Arrow End
Published Sun, 05 Feb 2023
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flash-season-9-stephen-amell-return-not-throwing-out-arrow-end/ 

... This time around, Wallace is discussing the news that came damn close to breaking social media for Arrowverse fans with The Flash Podcast's Andy Behbakht and Tatiana Hullender. In the wide-ranging first of a two-part exclusive interview (with the second part hitting after the season opener premieres), Wallace drops some interesting rhetorical questions to tease the importance of Amell's return before throwing us a clue or two.
"That's [reason for Amell's return] one spoiler I can't go near because that's the event of all events, other than the series finale," Wallace explained. "That's going to be crazy. This is probably the biggest thing that can happen in the Arrowverse; the return of Stephen Amell. The question is, who is he? Is he the Green Arrow? Is he the Spectre? Is he Oliver Queen? Is he none of the above? Where did he come from? I really don't want to spoil anything there of his return. First of all, it's funny; it's just laugh-out-loud funny. But at the end of it, I cried watching the cut. I've seen the cut of the episode. It reduced me to tears at the end; that's the only kind of spoiler I can give. Get ready for a very emotional ride…"

While Wallace was careful not to drop specific details about what brings Amell back to the Arrowverse (in whichever persona he will be appearing in), he did make it clear that whatever goes down will honor what went down at the end of Amell's foundational series. "OK, here's your spoiler [laughs] – [it's] one that honors what happened at the end of 'Arrow.' We're not throwing out the series finale of Arrow; let me assure you of that. Don't worry about that. This is moving forward with us still honoring the past," Wallace explained. "It's funny; there's a great scene between Grant and Stephen together; they have that chemistry. When you see him, and you write the joke in the script that they're supposed to say – when I just watched it yesterday, I laughed out loud! Because Stephen's delivery was so spot on. It was like a day hadn't passed. It was like, 'Oh, wow, is this a crossover? Is this Arrow 8×11 mixed with Flash 9×09?' It felt like no time has passed, which is exactly what you want."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

EBR has canceled her appearance at Emerald City Comic Con in March (due to her production schedule) and been replaced by Juliana Harkavy...

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2023 (Seattle, WA)
Stephen Amell, Colton Haynes and Juliana Harkavy
https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/en-us/guest-list/entertainment.html

However, EBR has joined the guest list for Fan Expo Philadelphia in June...

Fan Expo Philadelphia, June 2-4, 2023 (PA)
Emily Bett Rickards 
https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpophiladelphia/celebrities/
Edited by tv echo

'Harley Quinn: A Very Problematic Valentine's Day Special' on HBO Max: DCU's Top 5 on-screen couples who will melt hearts, figuratively
By Mahima Sathgurunandhan   Feb 6, 2023
https://meaww.com/harley-quinn-a-very-problematic-valentines-day-special-on-hbo-max-dc-us-top-5-on-screen-couples 

... Until the special comes out, let's look at the Top 5 on-screen DCU couples from series, movies and animated shows based on popular characters, that have left fans asking for more.
4. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak

The love between Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak stands the test of time and had one hell of a run. The star couple on 'Arrow', Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) share a wonderful relationship arc. Felicity has supported Oliver both on and off field. Even when she hit a rough patch with Oliver for dating another person, her love for the superhero was the constant that she wanted. The couple tried to start a family during their lowest point and their love for each other is the anchor that supports them. After all the hardships they had to overcome during their time together, they find time for each other at last in the paradise dimension.

5. Beast Boy and Raven
4. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak
3. Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen
2. Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor
1. Superman and Lois Lane

Edited by tv echo

In his latest interview, MG compares Torrent (his new superhero comic book series) to Arrow in terms of "tone," "the ethics of violence" and starting another "universe" (because he needed other superheroes and a wider superhero "landscape")...

Marc Guggenheim Interview! #imagecomics #arrow #legendsoftomorrow
Traversing the Stars   Feb 8, 2023