Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

James Bamford just finished directing episode 107 of NCIS: Hawaii (see Instagram pic)...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTq8PiXL2UW/ 

james2bambamford That’s a wrap folks! Thanks so very much to all who helped make this such a wonderful experience! 🙏🏼♥️ All of you…..you know who you are!

Also, Charlie Barnett's new TV network series, Ordinary Joe (starring James Wolk), premieres Sep. 20 on NBC...

Also, here's a review of Rick Gonzalez's new streaming series, The Lost Symbol (starring Ashley Zukerman as Robert Langdon), which premieres Sep. 16 on NBC's Peacock streaming service...
Peacock pumps new life into The Da Vinci Code franchise with The Lost Symbol
By Frederick Blichert   September 9, 2021
https://www.androidauthority.com/amp/dan-brown-lost-symbol-review-peacock-3017786/ 

The main cast works well together, with Rick Gonzalez and Valorie Curry, in particular, holding Langdon’s aforementioned smugness at bay. At least enough to add some much-needed tension.

Edited by tv echo

SA and CH reunited at Lexington Comic & Toy Convention yesterday...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTsCwDdACMv/

stephenamell  Reunited… and it feels so good.
E_CfzWJWQAMJJOW?format=jpg&name=360x360

Also, JB and BR were at Calgary Expo yesterday...

Also, here's video of a portion of the TC/DN panel at Creation Entertainment's Sci-Fi Summit (in Edison, NJ) yesterday...
Maria asks Tom Cavanaugh & Danielle Nicolet of "The Flash" a question at Sci-Fi Summit, Edison NJ
DougalDubh1   Sep 11, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PuDoViqM0

Edited by tv echo

Arrow survived to the Elite 8 round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: It's Arrow vs. Gossip Girl as Elite 8 Round Continues— Cast Your Vote!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 12 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/12/cw-best-series-ever-arrow-gossip-girl-poll-tournament/ 

Does Gossip Girl (2007) or Arrow get your vote this time? Weigh in via our poll below (results are hidden; poll closes after 24 hours) to determine who advances to this week’s Final Four, then hit the comments to back up your choice!

the-best-cw-show-tournament-r15.jpeg 

KM was part of GalaxyCon's Shadowhunters virtual panel on Sep. 11 - she also did this virtual interview with FandomWire on Sep. 12...

-- No spoilers (KM knows nothing about the crossover other than what was previously published in the press release).

Katherine McNamara Talks DC's Armageddon Crossover & More | FandomWire Interview
FandomWire Interviews  Premiered Sep 12, 2021

Edited by tv echo

You can now vote in the Final Four round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Final Four Pits Arrow vs. Supernatural, Smallville vs. Vampire Diaries — Vote!
By Matt Webb Mitovich, Andy Swift and Vlada Gelman / September 14 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/14/cw-best-series-ever-supernatural-arrow-vampire-diaries-smallville/ 

Which of the above should advance to the finals — Arrow, or Supernatural? The Vampire Diaries, or Smallville? Weigh in via our polls below (results are hidden; poll closes after 24 hours), and then hit the comments to talk up your choice!

best-cw-show-ever-tournament-r17.jpeg

Edited by tv echo

Promos for RG's new series, The Lost Symbol (premiering on NBCUniversal's Peacock streaming service on Sep. 16)...

Also, starting at around the 2:05 mark, you can watch this NBCUniversal panel (including Rick Gonzalez) about the evolution of representation of Latino men in entertainment...

NBCUniversal Presents : Our Culture, Our Time Latino Men in Entertainment
New York Latino Film Festival NYLFF  Sep 14, 2021

Edited by tv echo

KC on the red carpet at the premiere and screening of I Love Us at The Harmony Gold in Los Angeles, CA on Sep. 13...

Katie Cassidy “I Love Us” Los Angeles Premiere Red Carpet
MaximoTV   Sep 14, 2021

Harlow Jane, Katie Cassidy, Jasper Polish “I Love Us” Los Angeles Premiere Red Carpet
MaximoTV   Sep 14, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Videos from two comic cons on Sep. 11 - I only transcribed Arrow-related questions...

Stephen Amell Panel Lexington Comic and Toy Convention 2021 Panel
Chris’s Top Level Media   Sep 15, 2021

-- When asked how it felt to shoot the Flash in the back with an arrow, SA smiled and made an "O.K." hand gesture.

-- When asked for the saddest moment ever that he had to film, SA: "The saddest thing to film? Ever? Well, if you haven't seen Arrow, you're gonna get spoiled...You know what, I've met a lot of people today that are couples where one person has got the other person to watch it. So I'm going to say this in [unintelligible words]. ... Oliver has to say goodbye to a character in the seventh season of the show, and I wasn't just saying goodbye to that character, but I was saying goodbye to - professionally for the time being - to a very, very good friend of mine, who wasn't going to be on the show anymore. And that was - that was a genuinely, genuinely sad moment. A lot of the - a lot of the emotions that you see in that performance are - are just [unintelligible word] [something was happening off stage, I don't know what, but the audience was laughing] ... Get out of there."

-- When asked for his funniest Arrow story, SA: "Uh, funniest story on the set. Just David and I being stupid... I mean, we're talking, for eight years, we would just - I'd walk up to him and I'd go, (Makes raspberry sound) 'Oh, Gary.' And he'd go, (Makes raspberry sound) ''Cheese curds.' ... That went on for eight years. And it was as funny on the last day as it was on the first."

-- When asked if "Thea" is his friend in real life, SA:  "Of course, she is." But then the child fan who asked this question clarified that she meant "Diaz," to which SA responded: "No!"

-- When asked what character he would like to see the Arrow go up against that he hasn't yet, SA: "Uh. Santa... The easy one would be that - would be Hawkeye. But wouldn't that be like that photo where all the Spider-Mans are pointing at each other?" When SA turned the question around on the fan, fan suggested Red Hood, to which SA responded: "Can it be Jensen Ackles as Red Hood?"

-- In response to a question about anxiety, SA: "I used to suffer from panic attacks. And - and they manifested themselves because when we got to the end of Arrow, I was stressed about it ending, stressed that I had made the wrong decision to end it. And - and I didn't take the proper time to mourn it after it was done. And so my body rejected that idea. So the simple thing about panic and anxiety is two things from my perspective. Number one, you're not dying, even if you feel like you are. You're not. So breathe. And the second thing is that, when it comes to the mind, shame and depression and all of those things, they exist in the past. Anxiety exists in the future. So be in the moment. Be present. And that will really help."

-- When asked when he knew it was time to end Arrow, SA: "Uh, I'd say, two-thirds of the way through Season 6. Um, I'd had various moments of the show, I became - I was - I was frustrated somewhat with our direction in Season 4 and in Season 6, because I didn't - I felt like we were - ... In Season 4 we tried something and - and tried to be kind of everything to everyone in terms of, we're helping introduce a new show, and it didn't feel like our show. And Season 6 felt like we - I - look, I love all the people that I worked with, the directors, etc., etc. But it didn't seem like we were moving the ball forward. Now, the good thing about Season 4 and Season 6 is that they led to Season 5 and Season 7, respectively... But, two-thirds of the way through Season 6, my contract ended at the end of Season 7, I said, you know, I think it's time... I think it's time. We could still be doing the show. That's - that's - that's not it. But there it - you know, I mentioned earlier that the arts - you know, you have to treat it like a career in the industry. But, at the same time, the goal can't 100 per cent be financially motivated... I think that any show - I know Smallville went like 220 episodes or 210, Supernatural went 960... (Laughter)... We went 170 episodes and... the show was probably perfectly designed for like 75, you know. We always worked really hard, but you can't deny in any process that there are episodes that are filler, you know. I know that every year we would get to the stretch of like episode 11 through 14, and it's - it's like in baseball, you've got the dog days of - the dog days of summer. Right? It's kind of what the season was like before you amp up for the - for the pennant race. Or like in a horse race, like in the back stretch... So I called Greg Berlanti, said it was probably time. He said, 'This is a terrible, terrible phone call. Please don't do this. But if you really want to, call me back in a week.' And I called him back in a week and he had the idea for the truncated 8th season. And that was that."

-- When asked if it was ever actually close for Batman to appear in the Arrowverse, SA: "No, I don't think so... I don't know how all the politics work, but, you know, there was a stretch of time where I was actively trying to be part of the DCEU. And I don't think that they wanted me to be, because I was the most popular character in DC. Sorry."

-- SA said that he really wanted to work with Tom Welling when he was on Crisis on Infinite Earths, but he understood why it was Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch who got to work with Tom instead.

Katherine McNamara, Emeraude Toubia, Maxim Roy and Anna Hopkins Live | Galaxy Con | 11 Sept 2021
SH Celebs     Sep 11, 2021

-- This was primarily a Shadowhunters panel.

-- KM: "I would love to do an Arrow-Shadowhunters crossover, just to have sweet Ben Lewis, who plays my brother and Anna's son - he'd be like, 'Mom?! ... Wait, what's happening?'"
AH: "Yeah. When I found out he was playing your brother, I mean, that was - it was so hilarious."
KM: "I love him so much. So, so much. So Anna's technically my long-lost stepmom in everything."
AH: "My Arrow character wasn't bad. I would give good advice."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Next weekend (Sep. 18-19) will be another busy comic con weekend...

• Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes will be live guests at Fan Expo Dallas (in Dallas, TX).
  • Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman, Tom Cavanagh and Sam Witwer will be live guests at Cincinnati Comic Expo (in Cincinnati, OH).
  • Juliana Harkavy will be a live guest at Heroes Assemble: The Con with a Cause (in Richmond, VA).
  • Manu Bennett, Nick Tarabay and Liam McIntyre will be live guests at Rebels Spartacus VI (in Paris, France).
  • Shantel VanSanten and Tom Ellis will be virtual guests at Dream It At Home 15 (a virtual event).
Edited by tv echo

I didn't watch Lucifer, but when I read a recap of its series finale, I was struck by how much it resembled what happened on Arrow (warning: spoilers for Lucifer's series finale)...

Lucifer Repeats Arrow's Ending With Its Own Series Finale
BY MATT MORRISON   PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/lucifer-series-finale-chloe-arrow-ending-felicity/ 

Spoiler

The series finale of Lucifer seems to have taken its ending from Arrow, with both Chloe Decker and Felicity Smoak having to wait for decades before joining the love of their life in the afterlife. Ironically, the reasons for this had much higher stakes in the Arrowverse, where Oliver Queen left his wife and infant daughter behind to join the cosmic being known as the Monitor in saving the Multiverse. Lucifer Morningstar was similarly forced to abandon a pregnant Chloe in order to keep his word and close a time-loop to prevent a paradox.
The plot of Lucifer season 6 also centered around family matters and the sudden arrival of an angry young archangel named Rory, who was out to kill Lucifer and ultimately revealed to be Lucifer and Chloe's daughter from the future. This set up a new mystery for the final episodes of Lucifer season 6, as Lucifer tried to get to know the daughter he had reportedly never known, while puzzling out what would ever cause him to abandon the love of his life and his unborn child. The answer came in Lucifer's finale, "Partners 'Til the End," as Lucifer, thinking on recent events and his father saying that "Hell no longer needs a keeper," realized that he was meant to be a healer and help the damned work through their guilt to become worthy of Heaven, rather than becoming God following his father's retirement.
Like Mia and Felicity on Arrow, mother and daughter reconciled before Chloe Decker finally passed away. She found herself standing in an infinite white void where she was met by Amenadiel, who had taken over the duties of God instead of Lucifer. As the Monitor guided Felicity into the afterlife, Amenadiel took Chloe to Hell, where Lucifer had set himself up with an office that was identical to the one used by his own therapist, Dr. Linda Martin. The final scene showed Chloe interrupting one of Lucifer's group therapy sessions with a knock on the door, smiling as she saw him for the first time in years, as she told the dumbstruck devil that "I thought you could use a partner."

This is not the only way in which Lucifer season 6 seemed to borrow from the Arrowverse. With a time-traveling daughter seeking to confront the father she never knew, the central story of Lucifer season 6 also resembled the plotline of The Flash season 5. While it seems unlikely that the writers of Lucifer intentionally mimicked the finale of Arrow, it's still amusing to note how many parallels there are between the two shows.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

No surprise - Supernatural beat Arrow in the Final Four round - if you still want to vote, here's the Final Round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: It's Smallville vs. Supernatural in the Final Round! — Cast Your Vote NOW
By Keisha Hatchett / September 15 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/15/cw-best-series-ever-supernatural-smallville-tournament-final-round/ 

Does Smallville or Supernatural get your vote to win? Weigh in via our poll below (results are hidden; poll closes after 48 hours, on Sept. 17 at noon ET) to determine which show will take it all home, then hit the comments to back up your choice! 

best-cw-show-ever-tournament-finals.jpeg 

ETA:  It's still pretty impressive that Arrow made it to the Final Four, considering all the competition.

Edited by tv echo

I previously missed that there was an Arrow panel, with Paul Blackthorne and Manu Bennett, at German Comic Con: Limited Edition (in Dortmund, Germany) last weekend - here's video of that Sep. 12th panel...

Arrow Panel with Manu Bennett & Paul Blackthorne @German Comic Con Limited Edition 2021
Event and Concert Channel    Sep 12, 2021

-- There was some Arrow talk, but nothing that tempted me to transcribe it.

Edited by tv echo

NY Comic Con has released its programming schedule for October 7-10, 2021...

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/explore/panels/panels-and-screenings.html

The only panels that will or might have Arrowverse stars are the following:

• Oct. 7 - Melissa Benoist and Thomas Lennon panel
  • Oct. 8 - The Expanse panel with cast and crew members (may or may not include Anna Hopkins)
  • Oct. 8 - Evil panel with cast and crew members (may or may not include Michael Emerson)
  • Oct. 9 - 4400 screening (may or may not include cast members like Joseph David Jones)
Edited by tv echo

I only transcribed a few of KC's comments below (warning: if you watch this video, she spoils a major plot point for I Love Us - I didn't transcribe it)...

"Arrow" Star Katie Cassidy Talks New Look and Chapter in Her Life
Reel Talker   Sep 17, 2021

Actress and "Arrow" star Katie Cassidy joins Jim Alexander on Reel Talker. Katie talks about her latest film 'I Love Us'. How she's changed her look and opened a new chapter in her life since during quarantine. Growing up as a Cassidy. Life after "Arrow". Plus, what's her relationship like with her "Arrow" castmates since filming ended. 

-- Jim Alexander (JA) commented on how different KC looks and asked her whether she dyed her hair brown for a new role because he remembered her as a blonde. KC: "That's funny, because this is actually my natural hair color. Um, and what happened is, during the pandemic, my hair stylist-slash-friend, he accidentally fried off my hair. And, uh, so it was like either I shaved my head or I cut it super short and let it grow out. So it's kind of at this awkward stage, if you will, at the moment... A tiny little ponytail... So I was like, I'm just gonna rock my natural hair color... Like, go all natural, let it all grow out, and then figure it out then."

-- KC again talked about how she's been working constantly since she was 17 and how the COVID pandemic caused everything to stop. Arrow ended after 8 years and she got a divorce. Since then she's shot two movies (I Love Us and Agent Game with Mel Gibson) and she wrote a pilot.

-- JA commented on how KC's new role (as a mother) in I Love Us was a different, more mature role for her, in contrast to her previous, usual roles as "the hot girl... the young, party kind of girl." KC responded that it's her first time playing a mother, that she loves children and that she has "that natural maternal instinct," adding: "Characters, they have to have substance. They have to have for me - like, there's got to be more going on than just, she's the girl, the love interest... There's got to be more. ... I liked her back story."

-- When JA asked whether she still keeps in touch with any of her Arrow cast mates, KC: "I do. I do. And I miss them so much. I do. Uh. Yeah, it's actually great - you know, I've been going - this past two weekends I've done - I've gone and done conventions and it's just great to be around - you know, we're safe, we're wearing masks, there's plexiglass between us - but, you know, it's just great. Like, the energy's still really good and everyone seems to be really in good spirits and - and it's so great to be able to see, you know, like, John Barrowman and Stephen Amell. These are my people. So, yeah, it - they bring a huge smile to my face all the time. So I miss them so much."

-- KC also said that she was shooting Agent Game in Georgia at the same time SA was shooting Heels in Atlanta, adding: "We ended up getting to hang out and see each other one night while I was there shooting, because he was going to, um, the PGA Golf Tour [unintelligible word] in the area and he was like, 'I'm coming in hot!' And I haven't seen him since November 2019 when he wrapped the show. So it was just so fun to, like, when you cross paths, like, you know, shooting other productions, but, like, you're like, 'ahhhh, my person!' It's fun. It's cute."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

All of which means that we’ve placed the items from my Arrow office (I don’t know why I call it that considering the fact I also worked on Legends of Tomorrow from there as well) on eBay has pure sales (as opposed to auctions). As before, all proceeds go to benefit the American Cancer Society. Those items are:

All for charity! C’mon, folks, show me a little love (and fight cancer in the process)!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by tv echo

What a nonsurprise, the longest-running CW show won - some interesting stats (it sounds like Arrow put up a good fight in the previous rounds, though)...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: And the Winner Is....
By Team TVLine / September 18 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/18/cw-best-series-ever-supernatural-tournament-winner-revealed-results/ 

... The big winner is… Supernatural!
* The Round 1 poll amassing the most votes was Supernatural vs. Batwoman (with 16,100 votes), while iZombie vs. Everybody Hates Chris drew the fewest (7,200). The Sweet 16 matchup drawing the most votes was Arrow vs. The 100 (16,100), while The Flash vs. iZombie tallied the fewest (9,200). In the Elite 8 round, Smallville vs. One Tree Hill racked up the most votes (21,500), and in the Final Four, Supernatural vs. Arrow amassed nearly 50 percent more votes (44,000) than Smallville vs. The Vampire Diaries (32,000). (We suspect this might be the reason for that disparity.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

STEPHEN AMELL SET TO APPEAR AT AEW DYNAMITE: GRAND SLAM
SEPTEMBER 18, 2021 | SUBHOJEET MUKHERJEE
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/09/18/stephen-amell-set-to-appear-at-aew-dynamite-grand-slam/ 

Now it seems the star is set to make his appearance at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam at Arhur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York. Amell took to his Instagram and uploaded a video where he revealed his upcoming appearance.

“You going to be seeing me — in some capacity — on your television, I believe, on Wednesday the 22nd,” Amell said. “I am going to be at the AEW show at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Edited by tv echo

SA had a panel at Fan Expo Dallas yesterday (Sep. 18) - his wife moderated...

-- SA: "I browbeat the stunt team and the producers into letting me do a stunt in the first episode of the second season of Arrow, where I swing in - uh, I shoot an arrow up into a tree, but in reality I'm harnessed. And I swing in and then I sweep Felicity off of a land mine that she stepped on on Lian Yu. (Sighs) Yeah. And it was a good idea until I was up in that tree. (Laughs) And then it was a really bad idea...."

(Sorry, I could not make out his words in the above video clip.)

Edited by tv echo

I did not bother watching this video, because his con panels are all quite similar to each other (at least the ones I've watched)...

John Barrowman panel Cincinnati Comic Expo 2021
Emma Peelout   Sep 19, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Video of highlights from SA's panel at Fan Expo Dallas on Sep.18 (I only transcribed some of his comments)...

Stephen Amell Q&A Panel Highlights - Fan Expo Dallas 2021 - Arrow, Heels, AEW + More!
APlus Hero Report    Sep 20, 2021

-- When asked for his favorite Arrowverse crossover, SA: "The Elseworlds crossover when I was Barry Allen. You know, I've mentioned this few times. The crossovers can get pretty big and clunky, from a production standpoint. The - the finished product is always great. But the production can get clunky because they get so big. And, while Elseworlds was big - it featured, you know, the introduction of Superman into the Arrowverse and Lois Lane into the Arrowverse - uh, I'm gonna forget people... Batwoman, yeah. Um. (Sighs) That really was like a character piece. It was me and Barry and Kara, and, you know, the trials and tribulations of Barry trying to figure out how to be a curmudgeon and me trying to figure out how to be happy with super speed. Um. (Laughs) And I really like those scenes. Outside of my core cast on Arrow, working with Grant Gustin was always my favorite, um, you know, followed very closely by Melissa Benoist... And Tom Cavanagh... And Victor Garber... And, and, and, and, and... But I loved my stuff with Grant... You know, someone was asking me today in line, based on that scene where we're caught in the cell, like, are you actually double-jointed? No... I love scenes like that. So Elseworlds was my favorite. ... The first time that Oliver sees Clark Kent, um, puffs his chest out, and Barry says to Oliver, 'Are you puffing out your chest?' And in the script, it said, Oliver's supposed to go, (Shakes head) 'No.' Right? But I just went, 'Yes.'... I thought that they would ask me, like, 'Hey, can we get one that's on the script?' They did not."

-- When asked if he had a favorite season of Arrow, SA: "So, out of the five seasons, Season 1 will always be the most special. Same thing with Heels. Completing anything for the first time, when you've never done it, right, like a wrestling show like that, like Heels - it's never been done. ... The first season of Arrow, 23 episodes, what we were trying to pull off from an action standpoint, within the framework of how we had to shoot it, the budget that we had to shoot it - like, just for an example, the budget of Arrow had a 10 - excuse me, the pilot of Arrow had a 10 million dollar budget... and 17 days. The subsequent episodes had a budget of two to two-and-a-half million dollars and they had eight days, and yet they've got to look like the pilot. Ironically, not to go too far down the wormhole here, everyone thought that Season 2 the budget increased and that we had more scope. Nope. We had less money per episode. Because on broadcast television, when you prove that you can do something, they take a little bit of money away, because they're trying to - trying to prop up all the different projects that they had the previous year that failed. It's just the business model. It's not a criticism. ... I thought Season 5 was a real accomplishment. And I was very proud of elements of Season 7 and Season 8. Uh, I thought that the prison arc in Season 7 was really, really cool, for me personally. And then Season 8 just says, it's kind of like a love letter to the show."

-- When asked for his favorite moments with Grant Gustin, SA: "As for Grant... I'm gonna lean back on that - on the arc that he had in episode 8, 9 of - or 7 and 8 maybe - no, 8, 9 of our second season. And then my appearance in the pilot of The Flash."

-- When asked what he thought about "his daughter" (KM as Mia) being included in The Flash's "Armageddon" crossover, SA: "That true? ... Oh, cool... Kat's coming back? I think that's awesome. I think that she - I think that Kat did a wonderful job. She looks good in green. Her archery form is impeccable. And, uh, she - she does a very, very nice job of carrying on the Smoak-Queen name."

Video of just SA's comment about KM’s return in The Flash's “Armageddon” crossover...

(APlus Hero Report)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

DR directed and guest starred in last night's episode of Supergirl (6x12-"Blind Spots") - if you missed it, here's video of his scenes (go to YouTube links)...

Supergirl 6x12 "John Diggle Green Lantern Tease" Scene (HD) Worlds Await
TV Promos  Sep 21, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24PoIjdlbKk

John Diggle All Scene | Supergirl 6x12 John Diggle All Scene | John Diggle Entry Scene
Mr. Buggs   Sep 22, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKTgEaNBEs

Also, here's an article on Diggle's story on Supergirl...

Supergirl Just Revealed More On John Diggle's Green Lantern Mystery, But What Does It Mean?
MICK JOEST    SEP. 21. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2573912/supergirl-just-revealed-more-john-diggle-green-lantern-mystery

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: Each Main Character's Most Iconic Scene
BY GEORGE CHRYSOSTOMOU    SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrow-main-characters-iconic-memorable-scene/ 

10/10 Oliver Queen: The Duel
The duel was perhaps one of the most intense and well shot in the show's history, with Oliver coming to represent heroism in a new light, preparing to sacrifice himself for the good of his family, friends, and city. It's an emotional moment that is beautifully acted, with Oliver's fall over the cliff edge still boasting its shock factor today. It was really a turning point for the show, demonstrating no punches would be pulled.
8/10  Felicity Smoak: Entering Team Arrow
In a pivotal scene that would shape the whole of Arrow, Felicity would find The Hood bleeding out in her car. The reveal that it was Oliver Queen beneath the facepaint didn't phase Felicity as she leaped into action, accepting the businessman's alter ego and proving herself to be a hero. She was willing to do anything needed, showing her great intelligence and capacity for kindness. It's the scene that ultimately led to the creation of Overwatch.

10/10 Oliver Queen: The Duel
9/10  Thea Queen: Creating A League
8/10  Felicity Smoak: Entering Team Arrow
7/10  John Diggle: Receiving The Ring
6/10  Roy Harper: Faking His Death
5/10  Laurel Lance: A Siren Becomes A Canary
4/10  Sara Lance: Back From The Dead
3/10  Dinah Drake: A Bird Is Born
2/10  Curtis Holt: Helping Felicity Walk Again
1/10  Rene Ramirez: Calling His Daughter

Edited by tv echo

Another KC interview about her new movie...

Katie Cassidy - I Love Us
The Screen Chatter Interview Page     Sep 23, 2021

-- KC talked about being an EP (as well as star) of I Love Us, the problems associated with having the famous last name "Cassidy," how music affects her, what a role must have in order for her to say 'yes' to it (answer: "substance"), how every role she does is an education, what the audience should take away from I Love Us, writing and directing a short during the pandemic, going through the Warner Bros. directors program, and what role she would like to play (any role with "substance and layers," "something different").

KM is one of the two stars of The Burned Photo...

Coming September 30th 2021. Based on a popular Reddit thread, The Burned Photo is a new suspense-filled thriller that tells the story of Felicia and Kira, two women, whose lives become intertwined when they discover they are being terrorized by the same multi-generational curse that is determined to end their family lineages. QCODE+ subscribers will get early access before anyone else. Subscribe now to QCODE+ on Apple Podcasts.

Produced by QCODE and Vertigo Entertainment (IT, THE DEPARTED). Starring Charmaine Bingwa and Katherine McNamara. Written by Nicole Exposito & Kwynn Perry. Directed by Jeremy Novick.

Edited by tv echo

Colin Donnell To Star In Peacock Crime Drama ‘Irreverent’
By Alexandra Del Rosario     September 22, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/09/colin-donnell-to-star-in-peacock-crime-drama-irreverent-1234842349/ 

Chicago Med and Arrow star Colin Donnell is to lead Peacock’s Australia-set crime drama Irreverent.

The series, which Deadline revealed last month had scored a straight-to-series order, will also feature PJ Byrne, Kylie Bracknell, Briallen Clarke, Tegan Stimson, Ed Oxenbould, Wayne Blair, Russell Dykstra, Calen Tassone and Jason Wilder as series regulars.

Irreverent follows a criminal from Chicago who bungles a heist and is forced to hide out in a small Australian reef town in Far North Queensland posing as the new church Reverend.

Donnell will play Mack/Paulo, a skilled and articulate mediator who keeps the peace between organized crime families in Chicago. After a mediation goes badly wrong, Mack flees to a remote beach town in tropical Australia where he is forced to assume the identity of a Reverend in order to stay ahead of the people who want him dead.

Edited by tv echo

In this Sep. 20, 2021 EW interview, DR teased Diggle's future after his recent Supergirl appearance...

Spoiler

"Blind Spots" also marks the end of Ramsey's Arrowverse appearances this season, though the actor — who is currently directing Superman & Lois — assures this isn't the last time we've seen Diggle. And there's more to come regarding the mystery of the green box he found in the Arrow series finale.

"We just have a moment at the end where we touch on it one more time. This isn't over," Ramsey said. "I think what was important about this and smart from the writers was to tell this story of someone like Diggle, who is such a mentor and such homegrown hero, if you will, that whatever the invitation [in the glowing green box] was — if we remember the story behind Diggle, he had just gotten his wife back, just got Sara back, who disappeared from Flashpoint — that it made sense for him not to accept it immediately, and we wanted to tell that story. This is the last piece of that story. You will see Diggle again after Supergirl, and when you do, we will continue that storytelling."

Edited by tv echo

Go to below Instagram link if you want to see a pic of KC with co-star Adan Canto in their new indie spy film Agent Game (if you recall, KM was originally announced as being cast in this movie; then, for some reason, she dropped off the cast list and KC was announced as joining the cast to play what sounds like KM's role)...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUOXLqeJOaV/ 

agentgamemovie #agentgame #adancanto #katiecassidy

ETA:
Exclusive Interview – Cinematographer David Kruta on Black Friday, The Last Thing Mary Saw, and Agent Game
SEPTEMBER 24, 2021 BY ADMIN
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/09/exclusive-interview-cinematographer-david-kruta-on-black-friday-the-last-thing-mary-saw-and-agent-game/ 

According to your IMDB you just wrapped on a Mel Gibson thriller called Agent Game, is there anything you can tell us about this movie?
I’ve watched the cut and I can say it’s going to be a wild ride – like an anxiety inducing, pulse pounding, secret agent version of Mad Max: Fury Road. It starts out with tons of energy and never lets up. Director Grant S. Johnson had a clear vision and methodical approach that allowed action designer Lee Whitaker and I to capture an insane amount of stunts, explosions and firefights. It was an absolute “blast” to shoot and I can’t wait for it to be released.

Edited by tv echo

Considering that this new documentary series will include DC TV shows and is being co-produced by Greg Berlanti, it is pretty much a sure thing that Arrow will be covered...

HBO Max Sets Documentary Series About DC’s History & Legacy From Leslie Iwerks
By Alexandra Del Rosario   September 23, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/09/hbo-max-sets-documentary-series-dcs-history-leslie-iwerks-1234843173/ 

HBO Max will highlight the influential legacy of comics powerhouse DC in a three-part documentary series from Oscar and Emmy-nominated director, producer and showrunner Leslie Iwerks and Greg Berlanti.

Produced by Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Warner Horizon, DC, Berlanti Productions and Iwerks & Co., the documentary series takes an unprecedented look at the enduring and influential legacy of DC, allowing fans to rediscover the universe of characters, as well as the iconic comic book company’s origins, its evolution and its nearly nine-decade cultural impact across every artistic medium.

“DC has a rich legacy of over 80 years of iconic storytelling: from the introduction of the genre defining Super Hero Superman in 1938 to the amazing movies, TV shows, cartoons, games and comics which have been synonymous with superheroism for generations thereafter. We are so excited to dive into this history and bring fans along this amazing journey,” said Jim Lee, Publisher and Chief Creative Officer, DC.

Edited by tv echo

INTERVIEW: KATIE CASSIDY TALKS ‘ARROW’, ‘I LOVE US’
By Jeff Fountain -September 28, 2021
https://www.horrorgeeklife.com/2021/09/28/interview-katie-cassidy-talks-arrow-i-love-us/ 

HGL: Tell me a little bit about being cast as Laurel Lance on Arrow. What was that process like for you?
KC:
I read the script, I was actually in a really dark place in my life at the time, a breakup, I was just not in a good headspace, so I say in a way that Arrow kind of saved my life because I was just not in a good place. I read the script, the pilot, and knowing Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and David Nutter, who was directing, and these were all people I wanted to work with, and I’m very fond of. I read the script and was like okay, this is great, this is going to go. I called my manager/agents and I was like, I’m not going to read any more pilots and they were like what, and I said yeah, I’ve decided I’m not going to go out for anything else because this is what I want to do. I think my manager almost had a heart attack, but I said this is what I want to do. Then I saw who they cast as Green Arrow, and it was just who I pictured in the role and I thought, yeah, this is great. I had a meeting with Greg and the producers, with everybody, then I had to audition, which I’m glad I did because if they just offered it to me, it would have put way more pressure on me, and also my audition was strong. I got the role, moved to Vancouver, and had the time of my life.

HGL: I think what separated Arrow from a lot of other superhero shows was that the characters had some really interesting arcs, including yours. What was it like playing Laurel Lance, Black Canary, and Black Siren?
KC
: It was a lot, to be honest with you. When I first met with Greg, this was before I had auditioned, they had said you will be starting as Laurel Lance and transforming into Black Canary, and I said, okay, cool. Cut to the pilot shooting, all of a sudden I have a sister, then she becomes the Canary, so I’m like, what? I mean, I was grateful to be there and it’s business, I don’t take it personally. It was disappointing, but I eventually got there! (Laughs) Season two was hard, my character hits rock bottom, I’d really dedicated myself to this character and I appreciate how much they wrote for me, the arc they wrote for me. I go into this deep dive into drugs and alcohol and hit rock bottom, and I was emotional and crying in almost every episode. I often try to stay in character on set, so many times I was crying by myself, I just got in this zone, and it really took a toll on me in general. Not for any other reason other than I wanted to do the best I could do for this character. I think you could even see if physically, I lost a ton of weight, because I was always stressed as my character.

Season three, she’s at rock bottom, picks herself up, and starts training, and I started training in real-life because I wanted it to be as authentic as possible, so I got better physically, and I really love working out, especially kickboxing…and then they killed me off, which sucked. I was obviously really disappointed but again, tried to take it in such a way that I knew killing off a main character would create a bigger story to tell, but while it was disappointing I smiled, I nodded, tried to be professional about it. Then Andrew Kreisberg called me, it was about two months later and he was the showrunner on The Flash at the time, and he said hey, I was wondering if you’d like to be on The Flash as Black Siren, the doppelganger from Earth 2, and I said oh my god, yes! It was just supposed to be for one episode or something, but the fans were so supportive, lit up social media when I was killed up, again when I came back…then I got to direct and it opened up this whole world of creativity for me and honestly, I’m just grateful for all of it.
HGL: When Arrow finally came to end, was it sad for you, or was it exciting to be moving on to new projects…or maybe a bit of both?
KC
: No, it was definitely sad, it still is talking about it, because I miss them so much. They all became my family, I saw them 8-10 months of a year for years, not consecutively because I died, came back, all that. Those last couple of seasons, we were so tight, but what’s cool now is going to conventions, because I’ve been able to see John Barrowman, who’s hilarious, I haven’t seen in so long, Stephen, David Ramsay…it’s like reunited with your family, I really miss them.
HGL: So what other projects do you have coming up?
KC:
I have a movie coming out with Mel Gibson in the first quarter of 2022 called Agent Game, a kind of suspense/action film. I wrote a pilot during the pandemic, I got the rights to a book, it’s a 6-book franchise and I’m going to co-write the back three with the author, but I wrote a pilot based on the first book. Also during the pandemic, I shot a short film, during the height of COVID, basically did everything with three people, and it’s called America’s Next Best President, I’m in the middle of editing right now. It’s tough doing so much, but I’m learning how to do it.

Edited by tv echo

KM has started working on

The Flash's "Armageddon" crossover...

The Flash: Katherine McNamara Teases Mia Smoak's 'Armageddon' Return
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 29 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/29/the-flash-photo-katherine-mcnamara-returns-green-arrow-mia-smoak/ 

Arrow‘s Mia also figures into the action… even though in The Flash‘s timeline, she won’t be her grown-up self for another 19 years or so, right?

“Well, technically yes, but who knows!” showrunner Eric Wallace told TVLine when we asked about Mia’s presence. “We are dealing with speedsters” who can travel through time, he allowed.

Edited by tv echo