Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Video of SA panel at Planet Comicon on Saturday, Aug. 21 - I only transcribed Arrowverse-related comments...

Stephen Amell Panel part 1of 2 at Planet Comicon KC part 5 of 7
T.J Trinity Studios   Aug 23, 2021

-- When asked what he missed the most from his Arrow experience (scene or on set), SA: "I think there's going to be a lot of people in the crowd that agree with me. Putting on a superhero suit is pretty awesome. It really is..., And I miss it. I miss leather on a hot summer day.... A nice way to keep slim... But, no, honestly, I miss putting on a superhero suit. Putting on the Arrow suit legitimately would - it would change my posture, it would change the way that I speak, the way that I walk - and not just because I was trying to do the Arrow voice. It would literally, like fundamentally change how I felt. So I miss that. I do."

-- When asked for his favorite Arrow villain, SA: "My favorite arc was Slade, in terms of story. It's being able to tell a story about a big villain that you - that you arc out over two seasons and then get to revisit it the way that we did in Season 5 and 6. I can't remember if we did it after that. But, um, that was really - that was really special... My favorite villain though, for me was, uh - was Josh Segarra as Prometheus."

-- When asked how long it took him to finally watch the last episode of Arrow, SA: "I don't know that I've watched the last episode, actually... I was there."

-- When asked for his favorite Arrowverse crossover, SA: "My favorite crossover was the Elseworlds crossover where I played - where I got to be Barry Allen, got to be the Flash. ... Um, I liked that crossover because the crossovers had the tendency - and it's not a criticism, it's just a reality - they would get very, very big and grandiose. And we get away from those - those character moments and interactions. And the Elseworlds crossover, despite the fact that it was really big and, you know, introduced Lois Lane, and all of a sudden had, uh, Barry and Oliver interact with Clark Kent and - and all of those things and - and was, you know, body swapping and all that stuff - um, it really was more of a character piece. It was about, you know, Barry and Oliver and Kara and their journeys and trying to figure out where they were. And, you know, we got to shoot a lot of stuff where it was just the three of us. Uh, yeah, that was my favorite."

-- When asked if he preferred Arrow stunts or Heels wrestling, SA: "Superhero suit, super fun. Superhero moves, superhero poses, walking away from explosions without looking back, that's all very cool. But it does tend to be a little bit more monotonous in terms of doing it, because it's piece by piece by piece by piece. Whereas in the wrestling ring, we actually get to - to run these things along and I need to rely more on my - on myself. Frankly, because you can - you can hide stuff with lighting and a hood and a mask on Arrow, whereas there's not a lot to hide in a speedo."

-- When asked if he ever pictured that Arrow would spin off into so many other shows and get so big, SA: "Nope. I mean, aspirationally - the only thing from an aspirational standpoint, the only thing that you're trying to do during the first season of the show is get a second season. That's what I'm trying to do right now with Heels, frankly. ... In between Season 1 and Season 2, the guy that started the show, Greg Berlanti, called me into his office and said, we're going to be introducing Barry Allen during the second season. And they said, what we would like to do over the next three to four to five years is basically build the Justice League on TV. They said that to me in the summer of 2013. And I said, whatever you say. So, I never could have pictured it. Um, you know, hindsight's 20-20. I could go back and say, well, you know, I always saw what happened. But nobody knows. You really don't. If everyone knew, then there are certain movies that never would have been made."

-- When asked if there were any bucket list items for Oliver Queen or moments from the comics that he wished they could have worked into the show, SA: "Well, it would have been nice for Oliver to come face to face with Bruce Wayne in some way. Um, be nice if we could have an episode where he could fly. ... And it would have been nice if - if, uh - if Oliver woke up one morning, uh, looks in the mirror and goes, I have an idea, fashions in the classic goatee, and then comes out. Felicity looks at him and goes, (Shakes his head and silently mouths, 'no')...."

-- When asked how they kept Arrow grounded and centered as the show evolved from being realistic in Season 1 and then introducing superhero elements, magic and metahumans, SA: "Well, we didn't always keep it grounded and centered. We sometimes - sometimes became ungrounded. It's the ebb and flow of the creative process. There are seasons that people liked and there's seasons that people didn't like as much. Seasons that I'm sure people hated. But you only hate something if you - if you like are deep down rooting for it to be good. Um, I think, after - I want to say, after Season 4, and after Season 6, um, I always had to - I always had a dinner after the season with - with, uh - with our - with our big boss, Greg Berlanti, and there were a couple of times where I felt as though the show was being of service to another show, as in trying to help another show along the way. And all I would say in that scenario would be, if we're gonna do Arrow, can we please - can we do Arrow? Right? Like, can we - can we take it back down to the streets? Can - can we make it, uh - can we make it a right hook to the face and not a sword fight on top of a mountain? Which I loved, by the way, but it's like, let's - let's - let's keep - let's keep the show the show. Let the other shows do their - do their other things. Because we are - what we do, we do best. Right? Like, you saw me in the Flash suit. I looked like an idiot. .. That's the inevitability. Is any - is any show really supposed to go 170 episodes? Probably not. Right? It's - it's really not. There's going to be – you’re going to have to make sacrifices in order to create content. So it's just like, okay, well, we can do that every once in a while, but then let's get back to what we do. And what we did, it produced some of our best seasons. In my opinion."

-- When asked what plot line would he create if, in a parallel universe, he returned to Arrow and had an hour-and-a-half special/throwback to Arrow, SA: "Okay... It's a good one... It was pitched as a movie. You want the elevator pitch for it? ... Um, Arrow rounds up all of his, uh, all - all the - all the baddies over the years and a couple of new ones. And they have to put all of the on a plane and fly them to Super Max. And the plane crashes and they all have to work together to fight their way out of a horrible wintery mountain position against some guerilla warfare army that just happens to be there. (Cassandra interjected, "Did you just describe Con Air?") It's not like ideas aren't regurgitated over the years... It's been a quarter century since Con Air came out. (Cassandra interjected, "it was a great film.") I know. David Ramsey's in it... He's one of the prisoners on the plane. Check it out."

-- When asked for his workout routine to get his Arrow body, SA: "It was a variety of different things. It was weights, it was cardio, it was diet, and it was fear. (Audience laughs)... I swear, that's it."

(Part 2 video of this SA panel is posted below.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Video of Supernatural panel (with Katie Cassidy) at Planet Comicon on Aug. 21...

Supernatural Panel at Planet Comicon KC part 3 of 7
T.J Trinity Studios   Aug 22, 2021

We are watching the Supernatural panel at Comicon. @Kim Rhodes @ Felicia Day @ Rob Benedict @ Samantha Smith @ Emily Swallow @ Katie Cassidy.

Supernatural Panel Part 2 at Planet Comicon KC part 4 of 7

20210821_153125.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

(pics source)

Edited by tv echo

Part  2 of SA panel at Planet Comicon on Aug. 21 - again, I only transcribed Arrowverse-related comments...

Stephen Amell Panel part 2 of 2 at Planet Comicon KC part 6

-- When asked who he missed the most working with on Arrow, SA: "I most miss working, uh, onscreen with Emily. And I most miss, uh, just hanging out with on set with David."

-- When asked who he missed the most working with behind the scenes on Arrow, SA (after mentioning AK, MG and BS as showrunners): "I think probably overall - James Bamford was our fight choreographer, fight coordinator, not even stunt coordinator, in the first season and he graduated all the way up in - I believe it was Season 5, possibly Season 6, to becoming just, uh, our full-time producing director. So I miss him. I haven't seen him since - since we wrapped the show."

-- When asked what was the hardest part about being a superhero outside of being a superhero, SA: "Well, the hardest part, um, of let - not being a superhero - I mean, you know, my daughter thought I was a superhero until about age 6. ... I was doing a podcast with Michael Rosenbaum and it was right after Arrow had finished and I hadn't really come to grips with it finishing... I felt a little lost just in terms of my overall purpose and what was happening, and I was having - I was having real bad bouts of anxiety. And, uh, in the middle of the podcast that I was doing with him, I started sweating uncontrollably and I thought I was dying. And I was having a - I was having a panic attack. Full panic attack. And that was in December, I believe. Maybe November, December. And I went - I went back after the Christmas break in January after listening to it and I went up - I went and finished it just to talk about what happened and I haven't been having much trouble with anxiety since that time. But the thing that - the thing that is sometimes - the thing that is sometimes difficult going out and meeting people is - is - is the stories the people want to tell you, because a lot of them are happy, a lot of them are sad... I was in Orlando last weekend and I had eight or nine people come up to me because we had gone and done a show there to benefit a foundation that was set up for survivors, victims, families of the Pulse nightclub shooting. And so I probably had eight or nine people come up to me that, uh, maybe there was a couple were survivors, a couple of people had - had lost people there. But all of them were there to say 'thank you' and express gratitude for a very small part that I played to aid in that recovery. And I got to tell you, at the end of the day, that's sometimes a lot. You know, Cass will tell you that - that after days like today, I usually take five, ten minutes by myself just to think about the people that I meet or to think about questions like the one that you're asking me right now. And - and sometimes the weight of that is heavier than others.... Sometimes that's a little difficult to deal with because, you know, when people have watched you on a show and you become an important part of their life, but you've never met them, they come to you and you want to think to yourself, how can I be as present and available as possible for them? Right? Because I can't imagine what it would be like to - to look up to someone that you've seen on your television for the better part of a decade and if you go up to that person and they're a dick. Right? ... That's a real tough thing. I'm sure I've done it. Right? Not on purpose. I'm sure that I've been walking or I've been with my family or I've been out at dinner, and someone has come up and I've asked for privacy, and that person thinks that I'm an asshole. And I can't do anything about that. I can't do anything about things that are out of my control. But I can put forth the best effort possible, and sometimes that takes a bit of a toll on me. But would I trade it? Not a chance."

-- When asked how hard and how many hours it took to get that one-shot fight scene in the very last episode of Arrow, SA: "I mean, it was - it was really hard, but the person it was least hard on was this guy (Points to himself). Well, because they prep on this stuff for days. They do dry runs of it for days. I mean, we had two of them. We had one where in my last episode with - with Paul Blackthorne, who played Quentin Lance, we had a big long shot. And then on the last - in the last episode, we wanted to have this one, blowout fight. We literally brought the entire stunt team, like, stunt guys came out of retirement to be in this thing. And they set this whole thing up and they work at it, they work at it, they work at it, they work at it. And then like 15 minutes beforehand, I show up and go, all right, the important guy's here, let's shoot this thing. (Audience laughs) No. So, I mean, honestly, if they prepped it, they probably prepped that thing for the better part of a week... And then it's 'go' time. ... I don't mean just a week. I mean like a week of concentrated work that takes place maybe over two, three weeks once they have the script."

-- When asked, out of all the actors and actresses in the Arrowverse, who he had the most fun with, on and off set, SA: "David Ramsey, just because of the amount of time that we had to spend together. Right? On screen. Off screen. We don't get that first couple of seasons done if he and I can't plow through like 12, 13 pages of dialogue a day."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

Mia (and Ray and Damien) are returning for the Flash "5 episode event". Hopefully this might mean we at least hear she rescued William from his forever kidnapping. 

This also makes me wonder if they might try another LOT type show for a legacies team up with Mia, Nora, Bart and Ryan Choi, although it would be expensive and been there, done that for this point in the Arrowverse. 

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-flash-lineup-of-superheroes-villains-revealed-for-5-part-season-8-launch-event-1234821825/

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Mia (and Ray and Damien) are returning for the Flash "5 episode event". Hopefully this might mean we at least hear she rescued William from his forever kidnapping. 

This also makes me wonder if they might try another LOT type show for a legacies team up with Mia, Nora, Bart and Ryan Choi, although it would be expensive and been there, done that for this point in the Arrowverse. 

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-flash-lineup-of-superheroes-villains-revealed-for-5-part-season-8-launch-event-1234821825/

I'll probably watch this crossover for Mia and Ray.

However, if the Flash writers are writing the scripts, I don't trust them not to throw in another diss of Oliver (even though he's gone), so I really hope that doesn't happen. This crossover, if nothing else, should bump up that show's ratings.

I wonder if there will be any cameos by any of the Black Canaries (E2 Laurel, Dinah, Adult Zoe) or by Adult William, if they do resolve William's kidnapping.

KM's certainly excited:

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

New roles for LaMonica Garrett and Brandon Routh...

Yellowstone's 1883 Prequel Just Cast John Dutton's Grandmother And Added An Arrowverse Vet
Laura Hurley   August 24, 2021 
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2572495/yellowstone-1883-prequel-cast-john-dutton-grandmother-isabel-may-arrowverse-lamonica-garrett 

Legends Of Tomorrow And The Rookie Vet Brandon Routh Heading To Netflix For Next TV Role
LAURA HURLEY    AUG. 25. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2572489/legends-of-tomorrow-the-rookie-vet-brandon-routh-netflix-magic-the-gathering 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Recent podcast interview with MG...

-- Podcaster (Chris Mancini): "When we hung out and talked about, not only the Arrowverse, but when we did panels together, I remember, like, when it was kinda first starting out, we talked about, well, you know, Arrow's a very grounded show, there is no magic, we wouldn't be doing anything like that, ... and we try to avoid having superpowers in there. And then, you know, you got the memo, we want to add The Flash... And then, you know, the entire thing literally opened up like a flower, where it just - the entire universe opened up from there... What was that like to make that pivot?"
MG: "Um, it was challenging. I would argue that actually Arrow Season 2 pretty much existed, you know, almost entirely in order to make that pivot. Um, you know, the mirakuru super soldier formula was our way of starting to introduce, you know, basically sci-fi elements to Arrow... I would say the - you know, the way to make that pivot is take your time... It's kind of like pivoting an oil tanker... To my way of thinking, we basically, you know, spent, you know, 23 episodes, you know, getting the show, if not the fans, used to the idea of things that are supernatural... that are meta-natural. Um, and we obviously continued that further in Season 3 with the League of Assassins and the Lazarus Pit and everything. But, uh, you know, for us, it was, you know, how do we - how do we dip our toe into superhero waters, dip our toe into the more, you know, pushed reality kind of stories, without diving all the way straight in? I'm also a very big believer that, um, what will ground anything is a grounded, real reaction. Um, so in this case, like, John Diggle was incredibly helpful in Season 3 when we did the first Arrow-Flash crossover, because he represents essentially the audience. Um, and the more realistic a character's reaction is to something, in my view, the more realistic the unrealistic becomes. ... Certainly, I look back on those interviews where we swore up and down on a stack of Bibles that there never would be any super heroics on the show and, you know, no flying and no magic, well, none of those interviews have aged particularly well."

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse: The Most Heartwarming Moments In Arrow
BY ETHAN CROSS    AUGUST 25, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-touching-moving-moments-arrowverse/ 

1/10  Oliver & Felicity Get Their Happily Ever After
While the Arrow series finale featured many emotional moments, including a funeral and a proposal, perhaps the most heartwarming instance came in the closing minutes of the episode. The scene sees Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak reuniting in the afterlife in a building that resembles Queen Consolidated.

After 8 seasons of wondering where their relationship would end up, the viewers got an answer. With the two characters finally together, fans are left with a sense of finality as the couple ultimately got something of a happy conclusion.

10/10 Diggle Eulogizes Oliver At His Funeral
9/10  Oliver Gets To Meet His Children From The Future
8/10  Barry Encourages Oliver Rather Than The Green Arrow
7/10  Moira Knows That Oliver Is The Arrow
6/10  Oliver Tells Thea His Secret
5/10  John Diggle & Lyla Michaels Get Married
4/10  Oliver Calls His Mom From The Boat
3/10  Oliver & Felicity Have Their Baby
2/10  Roy Proposes To Thea In The Series Finale
1/10  Oliver & Felicity Get Their Happily Ever After

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

DR has cancelled his appearance at Dragon Con, but JH is still scheduled to appear...

Dragon Con, September 2-6, 2021 (Atlanta, GA), 
Juliana Harkavy and James Callis (also Tyler Hoechlin, Rachel Skarston, Nicole Kang, Meagan Tandy, Sam Littlefield, Camrus Johnson, Wallis Day, Tom Welling, Laura Vandervoort and Sam Witwer)
https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see-2/guests/

ETA: Hope that means DR is busy filming something that weekend.

ETA2: In unrelated news, just fyi - Wizard World has joined the Fan Expo family (see this tweet).

Edited by tv echo

Superman & Lois Season 2 starts filming mid-September in Vancouver.

Filming dates: September 14th, 2021 to April 13th, 2022.

And it looks like Ramsey is slated to direct the second episode 2×02.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

KC has joined the guest lists for three more cons and is now currently scheduled for the following upcoming cons in 2021...

Fan Expo Boston, September 3-5, 2021 (MA)
Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman and Kevin Alejandro (also Tom Cavanagh, Danielle Panabaker, Katee Sackhoff and Kevin Conroy)
https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpoboston/celebrities/

Calgary Expo: Limited Edition, September 10-12, 2021 (Canada)
Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman, Brandon Routh, Matt Ryan and Kevin Alejandro (also Javicia Leslie and Rachel Skarsten)
https://fanexpohq.com/calgaryexpo/celebrities/

Cincinnati Comic Expo, September 17-19, 2021 (OH)
Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman (also Tom Cavanagh and Sam Witwer)
http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/celebrities/

Wizard World Chicago, October 15-17, 2021 (IL)
Katie Cassidy (also Dean Cain)
https://wizardworld.com/chicago-celebrities

Edited by tv echo

From MG's third newsletter...

A QUICK ONE
Legal Dispatch 0.3

Marc Guggenheim   Aug. 27, 2021
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/a-quick-one?r=210wu 

Okay, I know I said that everything from “the vault” wouldn’t be Arrow-related, but — say it with me now — I’m pressed for time, so here is an employment ad for Queen Consolidated. (Please don’t send me résumés.)

f7cf938f-8b0d-4193-991e-80e36d2cdfcb_104

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Arrow comment in this recent SA interview...

Stephen Amell Relished the Chance to Play a Wrestling Villain in ‘Heels’
By Max Gao • 08/27/21 
https://observer.com/2021/08/stephen-amell-heels-starz/ 

Before I let you go, I’m going to ask you a two-part question: How would you say Arrow changed your life and your own perception of fame? And have you noticed a fundamental difference transitioning from broadcast television (The CW) to cable (Starz)?
For Arrow, it changed my definition of fame as far as if I go out and walk around now, I’m gonna sometimes get recognized. But more than that, it was the first thing in my life that really taught me the value of an honest day’s work — straight up. It gave me a work ethic, and I think that I can put that same work ethic towards a new show.

But transitioning from 23 episodes to eight, it’s just… I’m in the same industry, yeah. I’m on TV, yeah. And I’m not saying that being on cable is better, but it is just so fundamentally different that it’s like comparing apples to oranges. I’ve been very, very fortunate to be involved with The CW and Starz, respectively, with two really great networks—that are run by two really great gentlemen in Mark Pedowitz and Jeff Hirsch — that really stand behind the products that they make, and that just gives me a lot of freedom and comfort as an artist. I can’t speak highly enough about those guys.

Edited by tv echo

Were they deliberately trying to make it sound like an ad for Oliver's new IT Girl with benefits? 

"work closely with Oliver Queen" "occasionally break the rules" "schedule must be flexible" "seeking an individual to follow directions without question and handle sensitive requests, discretion is key to this position." attn Felicity Smoak. 

I know it's mostly haha, he's the Arrow but it's also a creepy "extra special role" ad. 

• Love 2

Looks like James Bamford is directing an episode of NCIS: Hawaii...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTAjxHUBL2G/ 

james2bambamford A.D. team supreme holding it down with solid director support! Sherm & Alicia……and everyone have made me feel extremely welcome, and prepared all along the way. Let’s do this! 🏄🏽‍♂️ #ncisfamily

(Posted from Hawaii Film Studio 3 days ago)

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Papp/fan twitter exchange about KM returning for the 5-part Armageddon crossover...

For once I agree with Ken Pursuit. She has always said how much she loved playing Mia and how she'd love to come back, she was talking about it at least as recently as June. And whilst that could have been just talk, it clearly wasn't. Turning up at SA's Heels premiere should have been another clue. 

Re the canaries, I think if they were going to be in it they'd have been announced with the rest. Even though neither Dinah or Laurel are the Arrowverse's best version BC is still a big comics name. 

DR was apparently present at a game night (with other Arrowverse actors) in Candice Patton's apartment in Vancouver on Aug. 28...

ARROWVERSE GAME NIGHT - featuring Candice Patton, David Ramsey, etc.
ReRe   Aug 29, 2021

August 28
At Candice Patton's apartment in Vancouver,  Canada.

Attendees:

#theflash 
Candice Patton - Iris West-Allen 
Brandon McKnight - Chester P. Runk
Christian Magby - Deon/Still Force

#batwoman
Camrus Johnson - Luke Fox/Batwing
Meagan Tandy - Sophie Moore
Nick Creegan - Marquis Jet

#supergirl
Azie Tesfai - Kelly Olsen/Guardian

#arrow
David Ramsey - John Diggle/Spartan

One of flash's director was there - Eric Dean Seaton

There were two other ladies present but they weren't from the arrowverse, I think they are from Riverdale. Not sure.

Edited by tv echo

Reminder: DR directed and will be guest starring as John Diggle on Supergirl in episode 6x12 ("Blind Spots"), airing Sep. 21...

Supergirl star Melissa Benoist promises Kara-Lena relationship is 'stronger than ever this season'
By Chancellor Agard  August 24, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-melissa-benoist-season-6-kara-lena-nyxly/ 

Episode 12 explores racial inequality. What was it like working on that episode, which was directed by David Ramsey and co-written by Azie Tesfai?
[MELISSA BENOIST:] I'm so proud of everyone that was involved in putting this episode up and running. I'm so proud of Azie for breaking the boundaries that she did. The story that she is telling in this episode is important and timely, and I know was very personal to her. I'm really grateful I got to be a part of it. Also with David Ramsey coming to direct, he's fantastic. I know he's been kind of making the rounds on all of the Arrowverse shows, and he's a master at it. I'm so happy for him too. I also think it's really interesting and powerful and moving to approach issues like Black Lives Matter within the superhero genre, and I hope that resonates with people.

Edited by tv echo
On 8/30/2021 at 8:38 AM, tv echo said:

DR was apparently present at a game night (with other Arrowverse actors) in Candice Patton's apartment in Vancouver on Aug. 28...

I so badly want to be at this game night. Arrowverse actors (and AV gossip!), board games, and a cute dog!

SA did another Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum podcast interview...

Heels’ STEPHEN AMELL Setting the Record Straight (2021) Inside of You Michael Rosenbaum #insideofyou
Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum    Aug 31, 2021

-- SA talked about being "asked to get off a plane" in Austin, TX. He said that he had "too many drinks... in a public place" and was "pissed off about something else that had nothing to do with Cass [his wife]," so he "picked a fight." Cass warned him that he might be asked to leave the plane. He now doesn't remember what he was pissed off about. He was "just upset." A flight attendant came up because he was too loud and asked him to get off the plane. He was "inebriated." He said that he asked not to be asked to leave, but he did not resist getting off the plane. He knew that, if he resisted or told the flight attendant to "f*ck off" and was put in handcuffs, that that would destroy his career. SA got off the plane and booked another flight. He then found out the incident was going to come out on TMZ. SA said that it was not an argument between him and his wife. He admitted that he was just being an "asshole." He said that it was "shameful" and that he had to make phones calls "apologizing" to people. He's "ashamed" of his behavior and has to "make amends." He emphasized that it was "totally my fault" and that it was "not a fight."

-- SA went to an all-boys school, St. Andrews College in Aurora, Ontario, and boarded there. "That school is the reason I'm an actor." The drama teacher there went to the football field and grabbed guys who played sports and told them that they needed to be involved in the school theater productions. The school required students to have a well-rounded experience, so athletes also had to take part in theater. SA played Tony in the school production of West Side Story (yes, he sang). His first play was Inherit the Wind, which he did in order to go to a drama festival in Ottawa so that he could meet girls. He also played Malcolm in the school production of Macbeth. Even though he went to an all-boys school, he met a lot of girls because he was "very handsome as a teenager."

-- SA said that he gets nervous before the start of anything. Like, he got nervous before the start of shooting Season 8 of Arrow. He'll go to people he trusts and "get affirmation." He'll also make sure that he's prepared and has "done the work".

-- When asked if he gets tired of being asked about Arrow now that he's on another series (Heels), SA compared it to Alec Martinez being asked about scoring the overtime winning goal for the Los Angeles Kings in the 2014 NHL game to win the Stanley Cup, even though Martinez is on a different NHL team now. He said that every time Martinez gets asked about that, he gets to "relive" scoring the winning goal. SA said that he's "ready to move on from Arrow," but any time someone brings it up to him, "it's to talk about what a f**kin', raging success it was." SA said that when he did his first podcast with Rosenbaum, he had a panic attack because he was trying to get away from something, without thinking about "how important, impactful, and just immense a role it played in my entire life."

-- SA then talked a little about Heels. He said that he was "much more a partner on Heels than he ever was on Arrow." When he was first hired for Arrow, he remembered what he got paid for that first year. He said that if Warner Bros. had asked him to pay them to star on Arrow the first year, before paying him starting the second year, he still would've accepted the role. In contrast, when he was offered the role on Heels, he was more of a partner because the show was greenlit because he said, "yes." He was not criticizing Arrow, but just saying that it was a different relationship starting out. SA said that he is not an EP on Heels, although he would like to be one. They have not had that conversation. Some more Heels talk (including doing stunts, James Harrison, CM Punk, and the fact that Alexander Ludwig, who's younger, taller and bigger than him, was cast as his character's brother). When he was asked what he loved most about Heels, SA said that he loves "the words" (mentioning Michael Waldron) and "the music." He also likes the "old school opening credits."

-- When asked if he has any plans to return to the superhero genre or if he's been approached to do so or if he would consider returning for an Arrow reunion, SA: "If I had been approached, I wouldn't say. But I have not. ... I was thinking about this question as I drove here... If the opportunity ever came up to, like, do six to eight episodes of Arrow as like a limited series on Netflix or HBO Max or something like that where - or on The CW, as the case may be - I think that would be amazing." When asked, he added that he wouldn't put a limit on the number of episodes. SA: "I think the idea of coming back and playing Oliver Queen at any point in my life is a really fun idea." As an example, he cited Michael Keaton returning to play Batman again after 29 years. SA: "I love playing Oliver Queen... And just, in general, the idea of going back to that character as I'm getting all these new reps as an actor and feel like I'm getting - I feel like I'm getting better - I mean, that's - it's intoxicating. ... Hand to God, I have not been approached, at all."

-- Some more talk about Heels and pro wrestling.

ETA: 
Related article:
Stephen Amell is 'deeply ashamed' about being removed from that Delta flight: 'I was an a--hole'
By Jolie Lash  August 31, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/stephen-amell-deeply-ashamed-removed-delta-flight/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

I think it's likely we will learn more about the "Armageddon" crossover (which will include KM's Mia Smoak and BR's Ray Palmer) during DC Fandome...

DC FanDome: Superman & Lois, Naomi, Batwoman, Supergirl and Peacemaker Among This Year's Streaming Panels
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 31 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/31/dc-fandome-tv-panels-superman-lois-flash-stargirl-titans/ 

Launching Saturday, Oct. 16 at 10 am PT, DC FanDome will deliver content reveals, announcements and the opportunity to hear from the casts and creators of TV series such as Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow (which will be celebrating 100 episodes), Titans, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn and Supergirl (which will offer a farewell tribute). There will also be the first-ever panels for The CW’s Naomi (premiering midseason) and both HBO Max’s Peacemaker (which is spun off of The Suicide Squad) and DMZ, among others.
DCFanDome this year can be accessed at DCFanDome.com or via Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. All programming will be captioned in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.

Btw, Brandon Routh

Spoiler

has started shooting the "Armageddon" crossover...

• Love 1

Posted yesterday...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPhXTKFvVn/ 

emilybett At the risk of being so excited your bag of chips will explode IM PSYCHED to launch @kissxclub tomorrow!! Looking forward to finally opening the club and having you join me on this new ventured adventure! ☀️ Big thanks to the fam and partners. Couldn’t and wouldn’t want to do it without you xx 🤘

("Kiss X Club" appears to be a Vancouver-based fashion label.)

Edited by tv echo

Two former Arrow guest stars are now on Manifest...

I knew that JR Ramirez (who's now starring in Manifest) played Ted "Wildcat" Grant on Arrow. However, I didn't realize that his Manifest co-star Melissa Roxburgh was also on Arrow. She played Blake in two S1 episodes: 1x05 (Damaged) and 1x11 (Trust But Verify):
https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Blake 

In late 2012, Blake attended a prison-themed party held at the Queen Mansion by Oliver Queen.[1] Early into the following year, Blake also attended Thea Queen's 18th birthday party, giving her some Vertigo as a gift.[2]

Edited by tv echo

How The Flash Armageddon Event Can Finally Do Right By Mia Queen
BY JOHN ORQUIOLA    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/flash-season-8-armageddon-event-mia-queen-do-right-fix/ 

Mia Queen was originally earmarked for her own spinoff, Green Arrow and the Canaries, along with Black Canary (Juliana Harkavy) and Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). The penultimate episode of Arrow served as the backdoor pilot for Green Arrow and the Canaries but The CW didn't pick up the series, leaving Mia in limbo. Mia Queen's long-awaited return to the Arrowverse in The Flash is very good news for the character and for her fans because the female Green Arrow epitomized wasted potential. Arrow season 7's flashforwards were committed to establishing Mia's character and her dangerous 2040 future in Star City, and she was a pivotal player in Crisis On Infinite Earths and in Arrow season 8 as well. Mia in The Flash season 8 means she will save the world alongside the Arrowverse's flagship heroes again, and this will hopefully be the harbinger of bigger plans for Mia Queen.
Green Arrow and the Canaries being passed on was a heartbreaking hard stop for Mia Queen when there was much more story about her waiting to be told. After all, the dark future fans saw in Arrow season 7 was erased so the rebooted Star City of the future and Mia's role protecting it as Green Arrow is an unwritten book. Mia is also one of the Arrowverse's most interesting heroes since she's only 21 and living up to the heroic legacies of both Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak. Except for Stargirl's teenage Justice Society of America, Mia Queen is the youngest superhero in the Arrowverse, and there's a great deal about the new Green Arrow that has yet to be explored.

In addition, the Arrowverse scored a coup by casting Katherine McNamara as Mia. The actress was already popular from starring in the young adult-focused supernatural adventure series, Shadowhunters, and McNamara ideally merged Stephen Amell's determination and athleticism as Oliver Queen with Emily Bett Rickards' brains and appealing vulnerability as Felicity Smoak. Despite the loss of the female-led Green Arrow and the Canaries, Katherine McNamara's talents as Mia Queen would be a boon to any of the Arrowverse series, including The Flash, Batwoman, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and even Superman & Lois.

It's not clear what role Mia Queen will play in The Flash's "Armageddon" event but simply recruiting her will require time travel by Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), so it will be fun for fans to see Star City in 2021 and get an update on how Mia has fared defending her hometown as Green Arrow. Hopefully, Katherine McNamara's guest spot on The Flash season 8 isn't merely a one-off and it will open the door for Mia Queen to make a full-fledged return to the Arrowverse as Green Arrow. At the very least, The Flash's "Armageddon" crossover will hopefully give Mia Queen the spotlight to shine once again because the female Green Arrow is too great a character to remain in the Arrowerse's limbo.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Review of KC's new indie film, I Love Us, which had a limited theatrical and VOD release in September (warning: major spoilers)...

I LOVE US
By Alan Ng | September 1, 2021
https://filmthreat.com/reviews/i-love-us/ 

Spoiler

Even criminals are allowed to fall in love, though crime has a way of mucking all that up. In Danny A. Abeckaser’s I Love Us, a mid-level criminal must pull off that one last job for his new love and her family. Sammy Silver (Danny A. Abeckaser) is a thief who works small-time jobs for his father (Robert Davi) in the hope of finally paying off his gambling debts to mobster Ira Prince (Elya Baskin). After pulling off a successful heist with cohort Richie (James Madio), Sammy makes a quick getaway on a city bus where he meets the love of his life, Laura (Katie Cassidy).

Immediately smitten and not wanting to lose a good thing, Sammy lies about his career to Laura. He soon starts making nice with her teen daughters Audrey (Harlow Jane) and Rachel (Jasper Polish), and before you know it, Sammy and Laura get married. Sammy is, of course, conflicted about hiding his real job and decides he needs to do one big job to free himself from Prince’s debt.

In a quick twist of fate, Laura is killed in a car crash. Sammy is now saddled with the orphaned Audrey and Rachel. Sammy decides to be their father and needs their pot-smoking uncle Rob (Greg Finley) to live with them until the adoption process is complete.
First, let’s talk about weaknesses. The crime thriller and family aspects are very distinct. You could literally cut a knife through them and have two separate movies. On the thriller side, Sammy has to steal a painting from a wealthy but shady, gentleman and his team starts to question how much money they’ll make. Also, add the “last job” angle, going-over-the-plan segment, and complications, and you’ve got a heist movie. But, on its own, it’s an OK, though rushed story.

Then there’s the family plot. Sammy meets the love of his life, but when Laura passes away, he is the only parent to the kids, who are not his. Mind you, he barely knows them. So now Sammy has to be an instant parent to teens and deal with all the grief and you’re-not-my-real-dad issues. This is the best part of I Love Us, and Sammy’s arc plays out well. Much of the story works because of the strong cast of emerging and veteran talent. Robert Davi is so good, he even makes his bad wig shine.
I Love Us gets my recommendation despite all my criticisms, as it’s ultimately a sweet story of love and family. It finds compassion and understanding in all of its characters, even in the mob boss Prince. It has heart and director/star Danny A. Abeckaser keeps his tale grounded and out of the realm of melodrama and silly comedy.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow is on the list of voting nominees...

'CW's Best Show Ever' Tournament: Vote in Your Favorite Shows Now!
By Team TVLine / September 2 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/09/02/the-cw-best-tv-series-ever-tournament-elimination-round-poll/ 

Review the list below and vote for any and all shows YOU think belong in our imminent “The CW’s Best Show Ever” bracket tournament, which will roll out over the coming weeks and eventually crown a winner on Sept. 18, when The CW celebrates its 15th birthday. If we may offer some advice: Sure, shows have their “off” seasons, but try to consider the totality of their quality and impact on The CW..
This poll will close Friday, Sept. 3 at noon ET; its results are purposely hidden.

Edited by tv echo

KC and JB had a duo photo op at Fan Expo Boston yesterday (sep. 4)...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTarxH_AroW/ 

katiecassidy Only 💗 for my vaccinated friend! Thank you for always making me smile! I 💗 your soul. @johnscotbarrowman #fanexpoboston #getvaccinated

E-h7DU-X0AsqdVq?format=jpg 
Portion of JB panel at Fan Expo Boston yesterday (Sep. 4)...

JOHN BARROWMAN ( DR WHO ) FAN EXPO BOSTON COMIC CON 2K21
drew blaze20      Sep 4, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ppjaDH3SQ

These former Arrowverse guest stars also had con panels on Friday or Saturday - here are recaps and/or videos...

Superheroes, Sports, and the Supernatural: Story Time with Tyler Hoechlin
Shae Connor  September 4, 2021
https://www.dragoncon.org/dailydragon/2021/superheroes-sports-and-the-supernatural-story-time-with-tyler-hoechlin/

Smallville The Super Reunion Friday Edition Dragon Con September 3, 2021 [incl. Tom Welling and Laura Vandervoort]
Peter Lashway   Sep 4, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRT26ttWFqs
https://www.dragoncon.org/dailydragon/2021/smallville-the-twentieth-reunion/

KATEE SaCKhOFF STAR WARS Q&A FAN EXPO BOSTON COMIC CON 2K21
drew blaze20      Sep 4, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KrdKt_3X_g 

TOM CAVANAGH ( THE FLASH ) FAN EXPO BOSTON COMIC CON 2K21
drew blaze20    Sep 5, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZpmZypc9o

Edited by tv echo

Video of major portion of KC panel at Fan Expo Boston on Sunday (Sep. 5) - the audio is really bad, so I'm not sure my transcriptions below are completely accurate...

KATIE CASSIDY ( BLACK SIREN ) (arrow tv show )LAUREL LANCE FAN EXPO BOSTON COMIC CON 2K21
drew blaze20    Sep 5, 2021

-- Some pandemic talk. KC said that she finished Arrow in November 2019 (after eight years) and moved back to Los Angeles. She then filed for divorce and was on her own for a year. She "went from complete chaos for 10 years to nothing." She talked about going into depression, but she forced herself to sit down and start writing. She wrote something that she hopes to star in.

-- KC talked about being a director on Arrow. She mentioned doing the Warner Bros. TV Directors Program (incidentally, we know that she did the program at the same time as Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan, but KC is still not listed among the 2019 alumni).

-- KC talked a little about doing voice work for video games, which she loves.

-- When asked why the Green Arrow & the Canaries spinoff didn't go forward, KC: "You are asking me why? (Fan replied, "Yeah") Huh! That is such a good question. I have no idea." She speculated that it might have something to do with the pandemic. However, she also said that she wasn't sure that "that would have turned out, because you don't want to continue [unintelligible words] Arrow likely went out at the right time, because you don't want to keep going and going and going, and then it just goes stale. ... It's good to end up on a good note." She noted that they created a whole universe and added that not everything has to last forever. Then, KC: "Who knows? Maybe - I recently heard somewhere that Stephen was like, 'I want to do Arrow, special series, on Netflix. Limited series.' And so, who knows? Anything could happen. We'll see."

-- When asked what it was like behind the scenes of Arrow, KC: "Um, it depends - well, what season, really, you ask. You talk to me Season 3, it was great. I mean, I was constant - uh, I was working out and training a lot. You talk to me Season 2, well, you probably wouldn't want to talk to me Season 2 (Laughs), 'cause I was a crying mess all the time. (Laughs) [Some unintelligible words] ... But for the most part, uh, you know, our family, we all get along really well. We all really love each other and [unintelligible words] one another. It was a great [unintelligible words]. Thank you."

-- When asked for her favorite Arrow guest star what she worked with, KC said Annie Ilonzeh. KC: "I love her so much... I actually just did a movie with her. Um, it's coming out in January, called Agent Game. Make sure you watch it. Mel Gibson's in it."

-- When asked for her favorite memory as Black Canary on Arrow, KC: "Putting on the jacket for the first time. I remember when I tried it on in the trailer, [unintelligible words] I cried. (Laughs) I was so happy." KC also mentioned an episode in Season 3 when Laurel's training in a boxing ring. She said that she used to be a gymnast and was in "really good shape." However, she said that when you're filming, it could be six or seven takes, and for each take she was going on adrenaline and giving it "150%" and "wheezing," so she was really proud of herself. 

-- When asked if the Arrow cast worked out together, KC: "Emily and I and Paul [unintelligible words] we would train... That was really fun."

-- When asked for her favorite Arrow episode (by a fan who started off with, "Hello there, Pretty Bird"), KC: "I want to say episode 112 or 113. It's when Laurel has this freak-out with her dad [unintelligible words] Green Arrow [unintelligible words]. We're at the police station...." KC said that she "totally" respected Paul Blackthorne, who trained in the theater. KC: "This is like the first episode my character had a really big arc." She said that she was really "nervous" and "blacked out during the scene." She and Paul had a "standoff" with their characters. She remembered getting in his face, screaming, and then slamming something down on the table; she was "so pissed." KC said that she also "really enjoyed 313, I think... with the Canaries."

-- KC said that when Black Siren came back from Earth-2, she wasn't sure if she was good or bad. She remembered a scene with Paul, where they were both so "confused," because they didn't know if their characters had met or not. She also said that she was "really excited" to come back to Arrow. In crafting Black Siren, a new character, she considered her the opposite of (Earth-1) Laurel, because Black Siren was "evil." She was just "going to screw with everyone."

-- When asked if she would want to play another superhero, KC said that she would "really love to play Catwoman."

-- KC talked a little about shooting Black Christmas many years ago, when it started raining during an outside scene, how bad the fake snow smelled, and that fake snow turned blue.

-- When asked, KC said that she did get to see her father (David Cassidy) live in concert. She also saw her uncle, Shaun Cassidy, in concert.

Edited by tv echo

You can now vote for Arrow in this round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Arrow vs. Ringer! The 100 vs. Crazy Ex!
By Rebecca Iannucci / September 6 2021,
https://tvline.com/2021/09/06/cw-best-series-ever-arrow-ringer-poll-tournament-vote/ 

But which shows win this round for you? Cast your votes in our polls below (results are hidden; polls close after 24 hours) to determine who advances to the Sweet 16, then hit the comments to back up your choices!

cw-best-show-ever-tournament-r4.jpeg

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Next weekend will be a busy comic con weekend (Sep. 11-12)...

• Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes will be live guests at Lexington Comic & Toy Convention (in KY).
  • Katherine McNamara and Anna Hopkins will be part of GalaxyCon's Shadowhunters virtual panel.
  • Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman, Brandon Routh and Matt Ryan will be live guests at Calgary Expo: Limited Edition.
  • David Nykl will be a live guest at Cal-Mah Reunited (in Telford, England).
Edited by tv echo

Eh...

In the below interview, SA said that he did not ask for permission first before doing his pro wrestling guest gig while he was still shooting Arrow. So when he got injured during his wrestling gig, he asked the Arrow crew not to treat him any differently when doing his big stunt for an upcoming episode...

Stephen Amell Heels on the Green Arrow
Chris Jericho    Sep 8, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Vegas Film Critic (Jeffrey K. Howard) interviewed KC about her new drama, I Love Us (she was both leading actress and an executive producer on this indie film)...

Katie Cassidy Interview - I Love Us
Vegas Film Critic   Sep 8, 2021

Edited by tv echo

Arrow made it to the Sweet 16 round...

The CW's Best Show Ever Tournament: Arrow vs. The 100, Hart of Dixie vs. Gossip Girl in Sweet 16 Round
By Rebecca Iannucci / September 9 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/09/09/cw-best-series-ever-arrow-the-100-poll-tournament-vote/ 

Which of the above shows win this round for you? Cast your votes in our polls below (results are hidden; polls close after 24 hours) to determine who advances to the Elite Eight, then hit the comments to back up your choices!

cw-best-show-ever-tournament-r10.jpeg 

JH will be doing a panel titled "The Canary Cry: Q&A with Juliana Harkavy" at this upcoming con in Richmond, VA...

Heroes Assemble: The Con with a Cause
https://www.henricocitizen.com/events/hobbies/heroes-assemble-the-con-with-a-cause/ 

Geek Wellness Education will present “Heroes Assemble: The Con with a Cause” Sept. 18-19 at Regency Mall. Geek Wellness Education brings mental health and social community information to the superhero, sci-fi and horror communities at conventions across the country.

The event will feature geeky vendors, panels, cosplay contests and attractions, celebrity visits and more. Single-day tickets are $20 and a weekend pass is $30. Kids 10 and under are free with a paying adult.

For details, visit eventbrite.com/e/heroes-assemble-the-con-with-a-cause-tickets-140452221375.

IAUGCMMUYZGNHNXEDALTL4MK3U.png

Edited by tv echo

9 CWverse Actors Who Also Appeared in Marvel Properties
BY MONITA MOHAN    SEP. 8, 2021
https://collider.com/arrowverse-actors-in-the-mcu/ 

Kirk Acevedo
On Arrow Season 7, Kirk Acevedo played criminal mastermind Ricardo Diaz, who was a nightmare for Star City and Team Arrow. Ten steps ahead at all times, Diaz got John Diggle/ Spartan (David Ramsey) addicted to steroids, had Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) by his side, and even lured old Team Arrow friends into his villainous schemes. On the other hand, Acevedo’s role on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was much smaller and lasted two episodes. Acevedo played Agent Tomas Calderon, an emerging leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. once the Hydra conspiracy had been revealed. Calderon went up against Phil Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) faction of S.H.I.E.L.D. and we all know how that ended.
Neal McDonough
While Dum Dum Dugan was a burly, friendly good guy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Damien Darhk was an (almost) irredeemable and unstoppable villain in the CWverse. And Neal McDonough managed to pull off both performances perfectly. McDonough was almost unrecognizable in his supporting role as Dum Dum in Captain America: The First Avenger, a character he returned to in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and What If…? His take on Darhk was the exact opposite. Darhk was a snide, smarmy and deceptively vicious villain who became the arch-nemesis of Sara Lance/White Canary (Caity Lotz). The character appeared on multiple shows in the franchise, including Arrow, The Flash and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Wil Traval
Wil Traval was one of the main characters on Jessica Jones. He played Will Simpson, a former member of the military who was inducted into a medical program that messed with his mental and physical health. He became involved with Trish Walker (Rachael Taylor) which led to a disastrous end for him. Traval’s role in Arrow was felt more than seen. Christopher Chance/Human Target was a master of disguise who helped Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) out of a few sticky situations. Traval had limited screen time in the two episodes he starred in, but his character was an invaluable asset to Team Arrow.

Kirk Acevedo
Chrristine Adams
Dichen Lachman
Floriana Lima
Carl Lumbly
Neal McDonough
Adrian Pasdar
Wil Traval
Briana Venskus

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Juliana Harkavy was part of this TWD panel at Dragon Con on Sep. 3...

THE WALKING DEAD Panel Highlights – Dragon Con 2021 (Friday)
Fandom Spotlite   Sep 9, 2021

Walking Dead actors Seth Gilliam, Nadia Hilker, Ross Marquand and Juliana Harkavy gave a panel at Dragon Con 2021 on Friday to talk about the final season of this amazing show, their careers and to answer fan questions. And for Seth and Ross to make fun of one another.
Juliana Harkavy portrayed Alisha in Season 4 of The Walking Dead, but is well known for roles on Arrow as The Black Canary and has appeared on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash. She has also appeared on Graceland, Constantine, The Glades and many more.

ETA: JH was also part of an Arrowverse panel at Dragon Con, but I haven't found any video of it yet.

Edited by tv echo