Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

All the New Christmas Movies Coming to Hallmark, Lifetime, Netflix, OWN, UPtv, and More
By Breanne L. Heldman   October 23, 2021
https://people.com/tv/tv-christmas-movie-list-netflix-lifetime-hallmark-holiday-2021/ 

Saturday, Nov. 13
A Snowy Christmas, starring Elysia Rotaru and Damon Runyan, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on UPtv.
Sunday, Nov. 21
Who Is Christmas Eve?, starring Paige Hurd, Romeo Miller, and Juliana Harkavy, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Bounce.
Thursday, Nov. 25
The Nine Kittens of Christmas, starring Brandon Routh, Kimberley Sustad, and Gregory Harrison, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.

Edited by tv echo
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

Because actually they do listen to the fans. It's true. So you guys make enough noise - and by the way, thank you. You guys are so awesome because, you know, played a big part in bringing me back after they killed me off."

Oh, this is when they killed me off, though. I was like, fine, you suck, but, I'm keeping my jacket that you kill me in and I'm keeping - like, the original jacket - and I'm keeping my tonfa and my mask. And Marc Guggenheim was like, 'Okay, okay, that's fine. Okay.' And then he was like, 'Will you also maybe come back and play with us?' And I was like, 'Hell, yeah!'"

So which story is the truth, KC? That fans were why you got brought back, or that MG had already made the offer when you finished shooting before any fans knew?

Kind of funny that she used to say stuff like "I was professional about it" and "I knew it was just part of show business" when asked questions about LL getting killed off, and now that she doesn't have to stay in the good graces of the Arrow EPs to return to the Arrowverse, she's saying:

Ahh, and then these assholes killed me off. (Laughs) But don't worry, I came back. (Laughs) Vengeance."

• Love 1

Stephen Amell Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya     Oct 26, 2021

-- When asked what was  the best part of playing a superhero, SA: "The best part about playing a superhero is wearing a superhero suit."

-- When asked if he could relate to Oliver in any way, SA: "Sure. Um, Oliver has a younger sister. I had a younger sister. Um, Oliver, when we first meet him, is terrible at surviving in the wilderness and I am terrible at surviving in the wilderness right now. Um, Oliver sometimes takes on too much responsibility and doesn't let other people help him, and that's something that sometimes I'm guilty of in my life, just in terms of not - oh, delegating is the wrong word, but just not - maybe not trusting other people the way that I should. But - oh, and I do like the color green. I do like the color green. And I like a nice - I like a nice suit and a suit and tie. I like - I like wearing that sometimes when I want to get dressed up. But, um, you know, the rage and the - the vengeful side of Oliver? I - I don't think that I particularly relate to that. But - so all the good parts. Give me the good parts, take away the bad."

-- When asked what it was like for Arrow to create such an iconic world as the Arrowverse, SA: "Well, thank you for that. But we can really only take credit for what we did on - on Arrow, what our crew and our cast and our writers and producers and directors did. Um, all of the other shows, uh, you know, they each have their own identify and personality... They have their own style of shooting and storytelling. They have their own, you know, temperature and color palettes. So we don't really take credit for that. I think that we were just lucky enough to be the first one. And I think also that - that Arrow gave everyone the confidence that they could do something like The Flash or Legends or Supergirl, because Arrow was really - when it was at its best, something that existed within Star City, and it was really about fighting crime on the streets and cleaning up the streets of Star City. And so, once we proved that we could do that, maybe they felt a little bit more confident in introducing a character like Barry Allen or like the Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl - or Superman. Um, yeah, so we just - we just happened to be lucky enough to be the first one... It is nice, though, that it's called the Arrowverse. I will say that. That's for sure."

-- When asked if he needed to do anything special to prepare for his new show Heels, SA: "Well, any role that you do is like learning a new subject in school. ... When you start, you don't know anything, right? When I started as Oliver Queen, I mean, I hadn't picked up a bow and arrow since I was like 12 years old. Right? Like, I had no idea. What's my superhero voice like? How do I walk in a superhero suit? What's Oliver like? What's the history of this character like? I didn't know any of that. So it's the same thing taking on Jack Spade in my new show, which you are not old enough to watch yet, Maya. Do you understand? ... Not yet, not yet... Soon, though. Soon. Give it a couple of years... (Maya interjected that she was 18.) Oh, okay, then never mind. I'm sorry. My bad, my bad. ... But when it comes to any new role, you know, you just have to start with basically the equivalent of, you know, a blank page. Um, you need to figure out where the character's from, what his interest are, what his motivations are, what he holds dear. And then you need to look at any of the ancillary things that - that are going to come with playing the character. In this case, getting in a pro wrestling ring and looking believable as a pro wrestler in an independent professional wrestling circuit. So you just have to learn the basics. How to throw a punch. How to hit the ropes. How to fall on your back without smacking your head.  You have to learn all of those things. And the first rule of thumb, I think, is to begin at the beginning, don't skip any steps, master the basics first before you worry about anything else, and listen to the advice of people that are experts in that field. I need to learn a Southern accent. So you talk with an accent coach, a dialect coach is what they call them. I need to be doing pro wrestling. So you talk with someone who's a pro wrestler. ... Yeah, you just find people that are better at it than you are and learn from them. And don't be afraid to steal from them a little bit, too. It's the good kind of stealing. It's not the bad kind of stealing."

-- When asked if there was any show that he was currently obsessed with, SA said that he always liked Survivor. He also said that he's been watching The Simpsons with his daughter. He also mentioned H2O (Netflix), Succession (HBO), Breaking Bad (re-watching) and Saturday Night Live. He has also heard "good things" about Ted Lasso. He also continues to watch pro wrestling every week on TV.

-- When asked what he does to cheer himself up when he's having a bad day, SA said that "it starts with his family" (his wife and daughter). Having daddy-daughter time always cheers him up. He also said that being active always cheers him up. He said that he likes to set goals each day and, at the end of the day, see if he accomplished them.

-- SA: "I went to a doctor's appointment today. And had a good chat - I had a good chat later with some people about the second season of Heels potentially happening."

-- When asked if he has a ritual or routine that he does before he starts filming a scene, SA: "Well, before I start filming a scene, I always like to figure out what my scene partner wants to get out of the scene., because I'm a pretty easygoing person to work with. Um, you know, I - I make choices and I make decisions and I'm very prepared. But, when I played Oliver Queen and when I'm playing Jack Spade, I am working more than anyone else. So, as a result, I - you know, I always want to figure out how they want to go about doing their work So, you know, right before a scene, I try to stay as relaxed as possible. That's my ritual. Because, if things have gone correctly, that means that I've done all of my preparation. Right? Like, there's no - there's nothing new to - there's nothing new to discover. There's no last minute cramming like you would last minute cram for an exam. No. You study. You let everything settle in your brain... I like saying, you let it marinate. And then, by the time you're actually doing your work, you're all relaxed."

-- When asked why it is so important for him to give back by getting involved with cancer and other charities, SA said that selfishly it makes him feel good, but he then said that anything you do "can generate some momentum." Some more talk about how he got involved in F**K Cancer, seeing good results, and how that led to involvement in other charitable work. 

-- When asked what song he would want to announce his entrance into a room, SA: "The Arrow theme music. It's really good. Blake Neely, who - who composed it, who created it, finally won an Emmy, I believe, for The Flight Attendant, for his score on that, um, overdue and well-deserved. ... It's such an iconic piece of music that, you know, clearly - or, you know, if Warner Brothers had a problem with that - we're like, no, no, no, no, no, that's copyrighted - um, then, uh, boy... I would just have Blake make me something else."

-- When asked who he considers to be a real-life superhero and why, SA listed the "women in his life" (his daughter, his mother, his wife). He also said that young people like Maya are inspiring to him and are also superheroes.

Edited by tv echo

KM teased the upcoming "Armageddon" crossover in these two interviews (transcribed comments are hidden under Spoiler tags below)...

Kat McNamara Tells Flash Fans to ‘Expect the Unexpected’ During ‘Armageddon’ Crossover Event
J-14 Magazine   Oct 27, 2021

Spoiler

-- On what fans can expect from the upcoming 'Armageddon' crossover on The Flash, KM: "Expect the unexpected. I mean, truly, as we love to do in these sort of big CW events, we break all the rules. And we bring as many people in as we can and try and throw as many twists and turns at you... And tie up a lot of loose ends. I know, especially with Mia's story, people have a lot of questions about where things were left off and where things are going and what she's been up to. And, uh, you at least - you learn some things, which I really appreciated. I was just so thrilled that they asked me to come back."

-- On what it was like to reprise her role as Mia Smoak, KM: "I mean, it's been a dream come true, you know... I mean, especially now that I have contact lenses and can see a little better shooting arrows. (Laughs) But, um, no, it's - it's been really great. And it's a character that I love and, you know, she was so well taken care of on Arrow. And the amazing writers on Flash have just picked right up and, you know, put her into the story in a way that, uh, it was - it was really lovely. And, you know, getting to go back for my suit again and feel right at home, it's been great."

Shadowhunters star Kat McNamara talks the pressures of women in Hollywood and more!
Women on Top   Oct 27, 2021

Spoiler

-- On what's coming up next for her, KM: "I have a lot of things that I can't talk about yet. They're right on the precipice. But, uh, I just got back from Vancouver - and it's actually funny that you say that, about coming into a show for one episode and - or for a shorter period of time - and feeling so welcome. I just went back and played my, um, Green Arrow character on The Flash for an episode. And it was so lovely to go on a set that I had only been on tangentially and just instantly feel at home and feel welcome. And the whole crew and everybody was just - there were a few familiar faces, but just being welcomed, especially in the time of COVID when everyone's still masked, and - and you still can kind of feel like you belong for a short period of time, it was really lovely. Um, but The Flash is doing an amazing five-episode 'Armageddon' event. There's bad guys coming and they need to assemble people to save the world. And, you know, you can't on CW Arrowverse - you can't save the world without a Green Arrow. So, yeah, they came a-callin' and I was happy to oblige. Um, but no, it's - I mean, that's a character that's been so special to me for a long time. And that should be coming out, I think, in a month or two, which will be really lovely to see. They just dropped a trailer the other day and there's so much I didn't see. I was like [unintelligible word] the whole time. Um, because there's - it's just such an amazing community there, too, of all those superhero shows. You know, everybody takes such ownership of their character and it's really beautiful to see all of these people who are so busy and - and are trying to build their careers, but then they also are trying to protect Batwoman or - or, you know, um, Superman or - all - The Flash and Supergirl, and all these - all these folks are - they really care and they really make an effort and take the time to - to build that. And - and you can see it on screen."

-- On what fans will be surprised to see about her character in the 'Armageddon' crossover, KM: "You saw a glimpse of it in the... in the trailer, but Mia spends a good portion - Mia is daughter of Oliver Queen, who was the original Green Arrow. She has a lot of her father's, um, masculinity and a lot of her father's, um, brood - broodiness and roughness and sort of lone wolf kind of nature to her. Um, she spends a good part of it in a cocktail dress and heels, which is very different for her. So it was a bit like, I haven't played this character in almost three years. Now I'm in an entirely different [unintelligible word]. What am I doing? Um, but that's the fun of it, 'cause, again, these writers are amazing... Her character is ever evolving and they're - they're doing so much and really making the most of it. So I'm just - again, I'm grateful. I think that's the name of the game. It's almost Thanksgiving, right?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Both KC and CL talked about the Black Canary suit recently - what's interesting is that they each seem to think that they wore the first Black Canary suit...

Katie Cassidy (Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Supernatural) Fan Expo Canada 2021 Q&A Panel
Convention Junkies   Oct 24, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXn0tLfAHs
-- When asked how many versions of the Canary jacket did she wear over the course of the show, KC: "Mine was pretty straightforward. It's like, here's your superhero costume. I cried the first time I put on the jacket in my trailer because I was so happy. Um, and then, like I said, they killed me off. But I came back. So I had two suits. I had the bad, you know, Black Siren, uh, the doppelgänger, Earth-2, uh, suit and then I had Black Canary OG."

Legends' Caity Lotz Talks White Canary Costume's Return in 100th Episode (and the Supersuit She Really Misses)
Vlada Gelman   October 27, 2021 
https://tvline.com/2021/10/27/legends-of-tomorrow-recap-episode-100-season-7-episode-3-white-canary-costume/ 

But does Lotz miss the White Canary supersuit, which Sara has very possibly not donned since the Season 5 finale, as much as fans seem to? “Ummm… no,” the actress admits with a laugh. “You know which one I miss? I miss the Black Canary costume, and I think I miss it because that one I haven’t worn in so long.”

Edited by tv echo

JDJ made some comments about Arrow and Green Arrow & the Canaries in this recent interview - it sounds like JDJ would've been a part of the spinoff if it had gone forward...

A Man of Many Parts: In Conversation with Joseph David-Jones on his new show 4400, his new EP, and working with Denzel Washington.
Interview by Marc Griffin  Oct 25, 2021
https://1883magazine.com/joseph-david-jones/ 

While we’re on this conversation of superheroes… Green Arrow. Can you speak to what it was like working on that show? A legendary run, we mentioned the MCU earlier, and the Arrowverse was something…is something…that can hold its own with the tv side of Marvel. Well, it could before Marvel doubled down on their Marvel TV shows on Disney+, but Arrowverse is goated for sure in its own right. With big storyline after big storyline, diversity, inclusivity, and the events are great. Tell me about your time being a part of the Arrowverse and how that came to be.
It’s crazy because they really changed the game for superheroes on TV, and that’s why it spawned so many shows within this universe. And right now, Superman and Lois Lane are killing it too. But I freaking loved Arrow, man. I had initially come on as a recurring character, and I was supposed to be this character on Legends, and the flashbacks had caught up with the current day period of the show’s timeline. The flashback had taken place a year up to how many years [Arrow] had been gone for. They were trying to figure out what they were going to do, so they said they would do flash-forwards and bring in the future Team Arrow and meld those two together. 

So, because of that and because I had done such a great job on Legends being the future Green Arrow, they had wanted to bring me back in one way or another. So they brought me back, had this future Team Arrow and was initially trying to develop a spin-off series based on that. And Stephen, I guess he had recently stated that he might not be done with the Arrow mantle as a whole (notices Marc’s shocked expression). Yeah! But at the time, he said, “I think this time of my life is over, and I want to step away from the show,” and the network is like, “oh, we want to keep going in this universe, we think there should always be a Green Arrow,” and we were going to go ahead with the spin-off for the show, we shot the pilot and everything—

And it was starring you?
I wasn’t going to be the Green Arrow, I would’ve been like the future version of Diggle, and Oliver Queen’s daughter would’ve been the new Green Arrow. 

Oh, shit, that would’ve been fire!
Yeah, it would’ve been fire, but…COVID hit. 

(throws hands up in the air in disgust) of course it did. 
Right! (Laughs) but yeah, man, COVID hit. We were waiting to see if the show was going to be picked up, COVID hit, and it stopped pilot season as a whole, nothing was filming, and the network really just chopped off all the things that weren’t going to be there, and our show ended up getting scrapped, and COVID took us out. 

Man, that’s crazy that that could’ve happened because everything they did with Arrow was amazing; the number of storylines they managed to get out every season was fire. 
I felt like Crisis on Infinite Earths was a really good ending to Oliver Queen’s story, and having some other spin-offs in the future would have….not been like a bastard stepchild but could’ve tarnished a little bit of where Queen’s story ended and how beautiful Crisis was. 

Yeah, I get that… But I want to see my guy shine! I just want my people to win, so if something gotta get tarnished to make that happen, then hey!
[Laughs] I really appreciate that; look, you gotta do it for the team! 

You feel what I’m saying? I mean, the comic books went on after Crisis, so they’ll find a way; there’s mad source material. 
That’s true; we’ll see; I mean, if Stephen is actually interested in stepping back in some way or another, I might be able to crossover there for a few episodes while I’m shooting [4400].

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
On 10/28/2021 at 8:20 AM, tv echo said:

Both KC and CL talked about the Black Canary suit recently - what's interesting is that they each seem to think that they wore the first Black Canary suit...

Technically, the jacket LL1 put on was the one Sara gave her at the end of 2.23, so they're both kind of right. At least about part of the suit.

Sophie Von Haselberg, Colton Haynes & Others Set To Star In ‘Love…Reconsidered’; Adam Beach & Camille Sullivan Board ‘Exile’
By Matt Grobar    October 29, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/10/sophie-von-haselberg-more-to-star-in-love-reconsidered-exile-castings-1234865125/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Sophie von Haselberg (Halston), Colton Haynes (Arrow), Javier Muñoz (Broadway’s Hamilton), Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) and Marisa Ryan (Wet Hot American Summer) have signed on to star in Love…Reconsidered, an indie comedy, which is currently in production in New York.

The film directed by Full Frontal with Samantha Bee‘s managing digital producer Carol Hartsell centers on Ruby (Von Haselberg), a 30-year-old New Yorker whose life is suddenly transplanted to the Hamptons after a chance meeting with a wealthy consignment store owner.

Edited by tv echo

Some Arrow, Canaries spinoff and Arrowverse comments in this recent JDJ interview...

Joseph David-Jones Dishes About His 4400 Role, Representation, And His Time In The Arrowverse - Exclusive Interview
BY XANDRA HARBET    NOV. 1, 2021 
https://www.looper.com/648586/joseph-david-jones-dishes-about-his-4400-role-representation-and-his-time-in-the-arrowverse-exclusive-interview/ 

So switching gears, in "Arrow," you played Connor Hawke, a future version of Arrow, opposite Katherine McNamara as Mia. What was it like working with Kat and acting alongside Stephen Amell as Arrow?
Kat, I don't even understand how she has the level of energy and focus that she does. I am still to this day awe-inspired by it because even coming on now where I'm leading this series and everything, the amount of work that I'm doing on this is so much more than the amount of work that I was doing on "Arrow."

And she's been the lead of a series for about five or six years now, from "Shadowhunters" to "Arrow" and beyond. But the work ethic that she has that was like, "Dude, I need to get into that mind state," and I'm doing it now, but it is unbelievably exhausting. 

And it makes me appreciate both her and Stephen Amell so much more because they were able to do it and not let, or not make it seem like — they must've been exhausted. Like they were ever too tired or too, I don't know, drained to do something to be out somewhere to make an appearance for kids or whatever the case was. So I feel like I've learned a lot from both Stephen Amell and working with Kat on how to navigate the workload in this industry.
Do you have any fond memories with any of the "Arrow" cast or any fun moments from set that come to mind?
Man, I don't know. It's funny. Because there's so much, I wasn't even expecting to be asked this. [Laughs] We were ballet dancing on set or whatever with me and Kat or like Stephen teaching me how to do the salmon ladder. 

There were so many, I don't know, there are so many good memories from that set, and it helps it. It was pre-pandemic. So it's like sets are just different now. We're dressed to the nines in PPE, and interactions are a little bit different. Like we find a way to make it fun as a cast. This is a fun cast on this show, but it really makes you appreciate the different set dynamics that I had before.

And "Arrow" was one of them. Unfortunately, we were going to have the spinoff, but right when they were developing it, it was when COVID hit — and 2020 happened. So it just ended up being one of the series that went by the wayside because the network and the studio didn't know when or how they were going to proceed with it. So she was like, ha, but it all worked out because here I am on this beautifully amazing series.
You originally made your debut as Green Arrow in "Legends of Tomorrow." What was it like working with that cast? And do you think there's a space for Connor to show up on another Arrowverse show?
I don't know. I know that I would be open to it, and I'm still connected with Mark Guggenheim and everything. So I feel like we could find something to do and a right place for me to pop back in there. But I think Kat just like popped back in on "Flash" or something.

Yeah, it's upcoming. It's a crossover event.
Ah, that's got to be so cool. So I don't know, maybe there is still room or a world where I could pop in and do something. And I feel like that would be really, really cool. And I love the fans in the Arrowverse. I love DC fandom just as a whole, so I would want to do something cool just for them just so they could, like, I don't know, have something, a little piece of Connor to go to or something, you know?

Is there a specific show you're dying to go on in that universe?
No, it's funny because I've been watching "Superman & Lois," or is it Clark and Lois?

It's "Superman & Lois." Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Yeah, it's so good. It is so good. I don't know how I would fit into that universe, but it would be really cool to pop up in that. They really did a good job on that, on that franchise, or on that series. Plus, I love Tyler [Hoechlin], man. Tyler's the coolest dude ever.

Edited by tv echo

Another MG project...

‘Overlord’s Julius Avery To Direct Sony Pictures’ ‘Gantz’, Based On Popular Manga Comic Series
By Justin Krol  November 1, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/11/overlords-julius-avery-sony-pictures-gantz-1234865947/ 

EXCLUSIVE: After recently wrapping production on Bullet Train, Sony Pictures is eyeing another popular Japanese IP adaptation. Sources tell Deadline that Julius Avery has been set to direct Gantz for the studio.

Based on the manga series written and illustrated by Hiroya Oku, the script will be adapted by Marc Guggenheim, with Temple Hill producing. Insiders add that the project is still in early development with no production start date set.

The series tells the story of Kei Kurono and Masaru Kato, both of whom died in a train accident and become part of a semi-posthumous “game” in which they and several other recently deceased people are forced to hunt down and kill aliens armed to the teeth with all sorts of futuristic weapons and gadgets.

Edited by tv echo

BR has a new indie Western film..

Roberto Urbina, McCaul Lombardi & More To Star In ‘Deadland’ Thriller; Brandon Routh Among Cast Joining Western ‘The Redeemer’
By Matt Grobar      November 2, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/11/roberto-urbina-to-star-in-deadland-brandon-routh-joins-the-redeemer-1234866584/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Golden Globe nominee Irene Bedard (Pocahontas), Timothy V. Murphy (Sons of Anarchy) and newcomer Baylee Toney (The Bog) have signed on to The Redeemer, an indie Western from writer-director Myles Clohessy, which is heading into production in Montana this month.
The Redeemer tells the story of a washed up war hero in 1880s Montana who embark on a life-or-death rescue mission into the frontier, alongside his estranged son Garrett (Routh), to save his Indigenous wife Aponi (Bedard) and daughter-in-law (Toney), after they’re kidnapped by a gang of violent outlaws, led by the formidable former Calvary Captain Randall Ferguson (Murphy). But a harsh winter, the horrors and dangers of the frontier, and the father’s troubled past keeps catching up to them, proving redemption is hard to come by in the Wild, Wild West.

Myles Clohessy, Antony Ware, and Ramsey Heitmann are producing via their Barefoot Kid Productions banner, alongside Mike Walsh of Philly Born Films, Rob Simmons of Jars Media and Jared Safier of Safier Entertainment. Steven Schrager and Thomas Grant of Ident Films are exec producing and financing. Safier, a four-time Emmy-winning producer and sales agent, is handling worldwide sales.

Edited by tv echo

KM as Mia Smoak/Green Arrow and BR as Ray Palmer/The Atom appear on this new poster for the "Armageddon" crossover...

Spoiler

FDSsZ3SVEAAB1jY?format=jpg

Other crossover stars also appear on this poster.

Edited by tv echo

KC is not in Finch (which will be released on Nov. 5 on Apple TV+) but just attended the premiere...

Ian Harding Rocks a Mustache at 'Finch' Premiere With Katie Cassidy & More
November 3, 2021
https://www.justjaredjr.com/2021/11/03/ian-harding-rocks-a-mustache-at-finch-premiere-with-katie-cassidy-more/ 

The 35-year-old actors was in attendance at the event held at Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood, Calif., on Tuesday (November 2), alongside Katie Cassidy, Matt Bennett and The Walking Dead‘s Cassady McClincy and Gustavo Gomez.

ian-harding-rocks-a-mustache-at-finch-pr

Edited by tv echo

I just got my new TV Guide for the next two weeks and there is an article on the upcoming "Armageddon" crossover event...

Spoiler

The article teases "some unexpected romance" among the costumed superheroes. But I don't know who that could involve. It wasn't clear if the article is talking about the guest superheroes or regular Flash cast. Most of the crossover superheroes are married or in relationships with significant others. Mia is one of the only still single superheroes and she's from the future. Unless they mean the new Batwoman?

Edited by tv echo

Go to article link to listen to podcast interview with KM...

Kat McNamara Excited To ‘Revamp’ Mia Smoak’s Story In ‘The Flash’s Epic Crossover
Avery Thompson    November 5, 2021
https://hollywoodlife.com/2021/11/05/the-flash-armageddon-mia-smoak-katherine-mcnamara-interview/ 

Mia Smoak is back in the game! Kat McNamara is returning to the role she originated on Arrow for Armageddon crossover event, the 5-episode special event that is kicking off The Flash’s eighth season starting November 16. For Katherine, getting the chance to play a character she thought she’d said goodbye to was dream come true.
“I was ecstatic. I really didn’t know much about it for a long time,” Kat admitted on the HollywoodLife Podcast while discussing her partnership with Alcon on their See What Happens campaign. “When they first reached out and said, ‘Hey, would you ever be interested in coming back as Mia Smoak?’ I said, ‘Yes. When do you need me? I’ll be there in two hours.’ She’s a character that means so much to me, and they took such good care of her. I really, really never thought I’d get to go back, and I’m so glad that I have the opportunity to revamp her story a little bit and bring her back to life, and hopefully lend some information to some of the questions that people have.”
Has Mia changed much since the last time we saw her? Kat weighed in: “I can’t say much, but in true Mia and Green Arrow fashion, she’s definitely driven by her own impulses and by her own sense of justice, and by her need to fulfill the promises she made to Oliver and to try and fulfill her father’s legacy and carry it on in a way that would make him proud. But also hold on to those bits of family that she has left. It really can be a struggle for someone who has a difficult time with vulnerability and who has a difficult time with letting others in to help. That’s not necessarily Mia’s fort. It’s definitely interesting, but getting to come back and wear the suit again… The crew is amazing, and it’s so much fun to just be back in that family again.”

Spoiler

The actress admitted that she wanted to “plant as many Easter Eggs as I could” during her appearance in the crossover. “Different elements that we planted, particularly in the pilot and the final episode of Arrow, I wanted to tie in as much of that as possible,” she added. “We found ways to do that were scripted and some that are just visual and otherwise. My mind was blown just for my first conversation with Eric Wallace, who’s the showrunner over there at The Flash. His enthusiasm at Mia’s character and bringing her back and continuing her story in a really fun and interesting way I was immediately inspired by. I worked with the writers, and they already had such a great essence of who Mia was. Together, we answered a few questions and found some little things to throw in there.”

Getting to put on Mia’s suit again proved to be an emotional moment for Katherine. “I remember putting the suit on again in my first fitting back, and I teared up a little bit because it just felt right,” she told HollywoodLife. “You feel like you’re home, and you just suddenly feel as though you’re in the right place for the first time in two years.”

The Arrow spinoff,  Green Arrow and the Canaries, did not move forward at The CW. Similar to the Armageddon event, Kat is “always open” to bringing back the character of Mia Smoak. “Again, Mia and her story and her world and the Green Arrow itself, it’s something that I cared deeply about,” she said. “I would love and be honored to continue to be able to play her and bring her story to life. I always say this about The CW and about Warner Bros. and DC and all of that, if you’re not dead, and sometimes even if you are, there’s a way to come back. So if they will have me, I am open to shooting arrows with them anytime.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Video of Instagram Q&A with Marc Guggenheim on Nov. 10 (hosted by Samantha Stiglitz, casting director turned acting & audition coach)...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHGv4ZJp9V/ 

-- MG answered questions for writers and actors (staffing season, showrunning duties, audition distractions, audition process, casting instincts, casting factors, audition mistakes and flexibility, casting process, being asked for favors, hiring actors without resumes, audition "rules", fighting the network for actors, advice for young actors, difference between TV casting and big screen casting, collaborative process, difference between network TV and streaming TV, need for actors to have agents, actors not right for the role who are then cast in a different role).

-- When asked if messing up or changing one dialogue line in the audition will take an actor out of contention for the role, MG said, no, and that sometimes the mistake makes the dialogue work better. He then mentioned that there was one audition for Arrow where the actor changed the line for the better, so MG went back and changed the script based on that. 

-- MG: "On Arrow, for example, we would create dummy sides on a lot of things, because the sides always come out and we're trying... to either protect the character or protect the plot twist." MG also said that, for a pilot that he worked on with Sam Stiglitz, the audition sides they used to cast the female lead weren't attracting the right actors to fit the role, so he changed the sides.

-- MG: "One of the advantages of network television versus streaming is, with network television you're writing as you're filming, which is a special, personal hell, but, um, what's great is, you get in dailies and you can write to or from - away from or towards certain qualities, um, and that's great. ... It's wonderful to have that sort of creative, collaboration with an actor."

-- MG said that he "hit a wall" in 2019, but the global pandemic forced him to slow down and recharge.

-- MG talked about how an actor will come in to audition who is not right for the role, but it's clear that that actor has "game," so he'll create a different role for that actor or cast that actor later. Per MG, "the goal is to get as many good actors on your show as possible." 

-- MG: "Currie Graham once came in to audition for a pilot I was doing. We ended up talking for 45 minutes before his audition. And, like, I absolutely loved him. He wasn't at all right for the role. Um, but like my first opportunity I cast him the next - like two years later on Arrow*... Sometimes it's - you're not just casting one show. You're sort of collecting all the actors who you just really respond to and, um, know you want to work with them sometime down the road."

(* Currie Graham played Derek "King" Reston on Episode 1x06-Legacies of Arrow.)

Edited by tv echo

The synopsis for Episode 1 of the five-part "Armageddon" crossover was previously posted in this thread. Now the synopses for Episodes 2 and 3 have been released - KM is not listed as a guest star in either of these synopses, so I'm guessing that Mia appears in Episode 4 and/or Episode 5...

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/the-flash-crossover-armageddon-part-2-3-synopsis/ 

Spoiler

Titled “Armageddon – Part 2” this episode is scheduled to air on The CW in the USA on Tuesday, November 23 at 8.00pm ET/PT.

THE FLASH SEEKS HELP FROM BLACK LIGHTNING

Despero (guest star Tony Curran) warns The Flash (Grant Gustin) that great tragedies will befall the speedster and cause him to lose his mind. Once that happens, Armageddon will begin. Determined to prove Despero wrong, Barry doubles down on proving his innocence but a devastating revelation from Iris (Candice Patton) pushes him to the edge and sends him to seek counsel from Black Lightning (Cress Williams).
Titled “Armageddon – Part 3” this episode is scheduled to air on The CW in the USA on Tuesday, November 30 at 8.00pm ET/PT.

BLACK LIGHTNING, RYAN WILDER, ALEX DANVERS AND RYAN CHOI APPEAR

Barry (Grant Gustin) meets Black Lightning (guest star Cress Williams) at the Hall of Justice after things take a dire turn with Despero (guest star Tony Curran). Iris (Candice Patton) suspects something is off with Despero’s vision of the future so she seeks help from a powerful ally. Javicia Leslie, Chyler Leigh and Osric Chau guest star.

Edited by tv echo

Only quoted KM/Mia comments...

The Flash boss explains how the first Arrowverse crossover inspired season 8's 'Armageddon' event
By Chancellor Agard     November 15, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-8-premiere-preview-armageddon/ 

"As we started to break it, it became obvious that Mia Queen had to be in the ending chapters of this," says Wallace, who recommends fans rewatch Arrow's penultimate episode "Green Arrow and the Canaries" before the premiere. "She has to be in this story because of what is being told. It's all intertwined.

Spoiler

There's some really great Iris stuff with Mia Queen that I'm very excited about people to see that really was integral to the overall story." 

Spoiler

According to Wallace, the visiting actors appreciated this approach. "When [McNamara] first read the script, she said [to me], 'Oh my gosh, Eric, thank you so much. You're not just honoring what came before with my character's journey. You've expanded on it and done all the things that I hoped we would be able to do and hint at.' I said, 'That's because we're not just trying to open the door to our guest-star and characters and say, here you are. We're trying to kick the door down permanently and say, 'You're a part of this world now and you can come and go at any time,'" says Wallace. "That's one of the endgames of 'Armageddon' that I don't think people will really get at first. But when you see how everybody fits into this, yeah Mia can show up in the very next episode. She doesn't, obviously, because we only have her for 'Armageddon.' But now it's much more of an interconnected universe because the character relationships, we made sure they're much more intimate." 

How ‘The Flash’ Boss Chose Which Arrowverse Characters Would Appear in ‘Armageddon’
Damian Holbrook    November 15, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1019888/the-flash-armageddon-season-8-premiere-characters/ 

... previews The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace, who has lined up a who’s who of The CW’s superhero shows past and present to lend a hand (below). “These characters were specifically chosen for a reason that actually applies to the story,” he adds, noting that guests won’t just be thrown together for fight sequences. “[They] have really meaty scenes.”
Green Arrow (Katherine McNamara), Arrow
The Atom (Brandon Routh), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough), Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

The Flash, Season 8 Premiere, Tuesday, November 16, 8/7c, The CW

Edited by tv echo

‘Shadowhunters’ & ‘Arrow’ Star Katherine McNamara Set For Canada-Mexico Co-Pro ‘Sugar’
By Andreas Wiseman     November 15, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/11/katherine-mcnamara-shadowhunters-arrow-new-movie-sugar-1234874255/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Shadowhunters and Arrow star Katherine McNamara has been set to lead feature thriller Sugar, a Canadian-Mexican co-production which begins filming this month in Cancun, Mexico, and Montreal, Quebec.

BC-based Sepia Films and Montreal-based Connect3 Media are behind the film, which is being directed by filmmaker and cinematographer Vic Sarin (Partition).

The feature follows two young influencers who find themselves on a glamorous once-in-a-lifetime trip through the Caribbean and South Pacific, relaxing by day, partying by night, finding new love and becoming best friends. But as the mirage of their online personas starts to clash with their real-life ambitions, a battle of wills threatens to tear them apart.

Starring alongside McNamara are Jasmine Sky Sarin (Perfect High), Eric Bruneau (Laurence Anyways) and Spencer List (The Fosters).

Edited by tv echo

The synopsis for Part 4 of the "Armageddon" crossover has been released - KM is not listed as a guest star, so I guess Mia will only appear in the 5th and final episode of this crossover...

https://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-armageddon-part-4-description-released/45488 

Spoiler

Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) is back in the star-studded Part 4 of “Armageddon!” Here’s how the episode is described; keep an eye on FlashTVNews for updates as soon as we have some photos! The episode airs on December 7.

BARRY FACES OFF WITH EOBARD THAWNE – Barry (Grant Gustin) is shocked when Eobard Thawne (guest star Tom Cavanagh) returns in the most unexpected way, and with a tie to a loved one. Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) offers advice to Barry but there is a catch. An epic battle begins with Reverse Flash pitted against The Flash, Team Flash, Batwoman (guest star Javicia Leslie), Sentinel (guest star Chyler Leigh) and Ryan Choi (guest star Osric Chau). Chad Lowe directed the episode written by Lauren Barnett (#804). Original airdate 12/7/2021. Every episode of THE FLASH will be available to stream on The CW App and CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without a subscription, log-in or authentication required.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Katherine McNamara on Mia’s Return in ‘The Flash: Armageddon’ and How ‘Shadowhunters’ Taught Her to Do Her Own Stunts
BY CHRISTINA RADISH    NOVEMBER 16, 2021
https://collider.com/katherine-mcnamara-the-flash-season-8-armageddon-interview/ 

It’s so exciting to see you return to Mia. When and how did you get notified about returning to play the character, as a part of this huge event for The Flash?
McNAMARA:
As is usually the case with these things, they keep everything under wraps. All I knew was that they wondered if I was interested in coming back to play Mia for an episode of The Flash. I said, “Absolutely! I will be there. You let me know. I’m yours.” Mia, just like Clary, is such a special character to me. I learned so much from and had such an incredible experience on Arrow. They did so much for me and took such good care of her. I never thought I’d get to play her again, and now that I do, it’s such a dream come through. Grant [Gustin] and everybody over there, and the whole crew on The Flash, was just amazing and welcomed me with open arms. I’m just so grateful.

Is she a character that immediately comes right back to you, or does it take a minute to find your groove with the costume and the bow and arrow?
McNAMARA
: I was a little curious. I was wondering about that. I was like, “Okay, well, what is this gonna be? It’s a different writers’ room and a different everything.” I was immediately put at ease, as soon as I read the script and I had an amazing conversation with Eric Wallace, who’s the showrunner on The Flash. His enthusiasm over bringing Mia back, and the way that he spoke about her character and her story, I was immediately excited. And then, I read the script and somehow they found Mia’s penchant for humor and sarcasm and the little elements of curmudgeoness that come from her past were all beautifully blended into a story that was really moving. I was thrilled to be able to come back and do it. And then, you get on set and you put on the suit. I had a moment where I was putting on her suit for the first time in the fitting and I welled up a little bit because it felt like home. It felt like putting on an old comfy pair of speakers. You just go, “Oh, right, this feels right. This feels like where I belong.” It was really a dream come true.
It’s such a rare experience to be able to return to a character and the character is familiar, but you’re on a different set with a different showrunner, and everything else around her is different. Is that weird? Did you need an adjustment period to figure out how she fit in with everybody else?
McNAMARA:
Sort of. The beauty of Mia is that she’s always been a little bit of a fish out of water. She’s always been a lone wolf and someone who is constantly thrown into situations where she is on her own, but forced to cooperate, whether or not she wants to, with the people around her. She’s very driven by her own impulses and her own goals and her own sense of justice. That feeds into not only the character of the Green Arrow, but also Mia and the way she operates in this world. Ultimately, whether or not she wants to be, she’s driven by justice.

Spoiler

What can you say to tease fans for what they’ll get to see of Mia and how she’ll fit into “Armageddon”?
McNAMARA:
It makes me so excited. It’s definitely very true to who Mia is, and to her drive and her motivation of really trying to pick up where her father left off. She had such a limited amount of time with him. Mia and Oliver were finally getting to a place where they understood each other. They were overcoming their hangups and issues with each other. And then, of course, he died and she was left scrambling and going, “Wait, I’m not ready to take this on. I’m just learning how to be a hero. I’m just learning how to do all of this.” Mia is someone who is so desperately trying to live up to the legacy of her father and to live up to all of these promises that she made without really knowing how to do it. Given that she is a bit of a lone wolf, it can be a bit of a struggle sometimes. Barry Allen is really good at finding people when they’re a little lost and steering them in the right direction.
Did you have to do anything new or different with her, this time around?
McNAMARA:
I spent a good portion of it in a cocktail dress and heels, which is very odd for Mia. It’s not her usual habitat, so that was interesting but fun.

When you first started playing Mia and you were discovering her as a character, did you have a moment where it all clicked and you felt like you really got who Mia was?
McNAMARA:
Because she’s not a character that’s canon in the comics, there was a lot of finding Mia as she was being written. I give huge credit to Beth Schwartz, Marc Guggenheim, Jill Blankenship, Oscar Balderrama, and all of the writers on Arrow that were so integral in bringing Mia to life and creating who she is. From the first episode that I read, I got a lot of her backstory. A few episodes in, they did a full flashback episode, where you saw Mia’s story, how she developed, and when she finally found Felicity again. But a lot of my character development, aside from that, came from watching Arrow. I knew that she was meant to be this amalgamation of Olicity. Stephen [Amell] and Emily [Bett Rickards] had done so much work. At that time, I had six seasons wort to watch, of their work and their relationship and how their characters had developed and what their pasts were. From what I knew about Mia’s upbringing bringing, as well as how their characters had developed and what Mia’s genetic makeup would be, I loved both of the characters and decided to try to pull little elements of each of them. I was like, “What would their child be? How does she move? What’s her sense of humor? What does she glean from each of them, having spent more time with Felicity, but still being very much of the Queen family genetics? How does that personify?” Between that and the writers, I was able to really come up with something that I was very happy with, in the end.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

JRB talked about Teen Wolf and Arrow (among other things)...

JR Bourne Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya    Nov 20, 2021

-- JRB said that Colton Haynes (who he knew from Teen Wolf) had been doing Arrow "for a while" before he joined that show. JRB said that he was a "nerd" for all this "superhero stuff."

-- On his Arrow experience, JRB: "I loved it. It was a lot of fun. ... I enjoyed Double Down." However, he would like to play someone who can fly.

Edited by tv echo

Recent interview with Arrowverse casting director David Rapaport (lots of behind-the-scenes insights into the casting process now in the COVID era, but I only transcribed some of his comments)...

Wesam's World #179 - David Rapaport
Wesam's World    Nov 19, 2021

-- David Rapaport: "I get on average, I would say, anywhere from 25 to 35 hundred submissions per role. And I could be working... let's say 2 to 20 roles at a time. It really depends on how many shows I'm doing. Um, I can go through that in about an hour, only because I've been doing this for almost 20 years. ... It's similar, I think, to like a Tinder profile where you get a picture, a resume and demo reel on a person. ... For a lot of the stuff that I'm doing, it is kind of - the CW stuff, for example, alright, is very kind of like, look-based. I'm looking for a very specific kind of look or a type of person. And so I'm going through the pictures very quickly first. I'll narrow those down. I'll look at the resumes and say, this person has experience, this person doesn't, this is a bigger role, I need someone with experience. I'll get rid of those people. Then I'll start watching the demo reels of the people that I haven't - that I haven't seen before. Um, and I will look very quickly and get my - and trust my gut reaction. Is this someone that is - that seems right or exciting or is gonna come in and make a fool of me or something? And it's really just making those kind of split second decisions, um, in that - within that hour for about, like I said, 2500 submissions. I will say, at this point, because I've done it for so long, I know so many of the faces and the names that I'm able to say, I know this person, they're not right, or I know this person, they'd be great for it. And I - you know, I separate those people. I narrow it down usually from the 2500 to about, let's say, 50 or so - maybe more since COVID because of self-tapes. So let's say I have 50 to 100 people self-tape based on my choices. Um, they send in their tapes within three days, give or take. I watch every single tape myself, I guarantee you that, I promise. I don't watch the entire tape, but I watch every single tape. And I narrow it down to about 15 to 20 people that I then send to the producers for their response or feedback. And based on their feedback, I either go back and do that process all over again, or go back and look at the tapes and say, okay, let me see who I missed and let me see sort of - let me try to match what they're looking for with what I have, and go from there."

-- DRapaport talked about how he can see the same actors audition over and over again for years and never cast them for anything because they just aren't right for the roles, but then something will come up and he'll remember them as being good, on time and prepared, and he'll finally cast them because they finally match the role.

-- DRapaport said that, because of the network he usually casts for (The CW, obviously), he's more willing than other casting directors to consider new, young actors who don't have demo reels or much acting experience on their resumes.

-- Wesam Keesh: "Now when you're doing the world of superheroes, that's an interesting tone to juggle, because there's actually - there's still groundedness in acting, but there's a stylized sensation to it as well. So do you feel like you help the actors get there or do the actors come in with it or does the writing kind of facilitate all that?"
DRapaport: "I think the writing helps, but I would - I would strongly encourage actors to, if they can, watch an episode of the show - or even a couple clips of the show - because something like DC's Legends of Tomorrow is so different from Doom Patrol, which is so different from The Flash, which is so different from, you know, on and on and on. ... Tonally, they're all kind of different. They're on different networks. And if you kind of go into it thinking, oh, this is a superhero thing, I'm going to play it this way, you may get it wrong, and it's - it could be just a very easy adjustment of just watching even the trailer for the show to kind of get a sense of the tone. If it's a pilot and there is obviously isn't a trailer out for it yet, I would ask, um, either ask your agent or ask the casting director or casting assistant and say like, 'What is the tone of this? What would you describe it as?', if it's not clear to you in the sides. Um, because it can be a little bit confusing and, I think, nine times out of ten, what our producers are looking for is for the actor to ground the material. I mean, there can be some ridiculous stuff, where there's like laser beams shooting out of your eye and you're flying and - I don't even know how I would play that. But I would say, you know, less is more. Don't do any of the stunts. Don't do any of the action. Um, and play - find out what's actually going on in the scene... Is it a scene between, um, a guy who was wronged by another guy and he's angry at him? Focus on what's actually happening, as opposed to like the physicalness of like, I'm shooting laser beams out of my eye and I'm gonna kill you. That can be done in post. We're looking for like real performances. We're looking for - as much as possible - we're looking, you know, in general for, um, a connection to a real human emotion."

-- DRapaport said that casting is an "evolving process." You think you're casting for one thing, but then you may end up casting for another thing.

-- DRapaport: "I want to do a class on like auditioning for co-stars, because I think those are the hardest things ever. I don't know, as an actor, how you do - walk into a room, say the line twice, and leave. Like, I would lose my mind. If you go to school for four years to study acting and you're learning monologues, you're learning all these scenes, and you're given one line and you walk in and you walk out, like, I would lose my mind, too. I totally get that. That's just not fair. But that is a - that is a skill, that is a muscle, that is what is expected. And we expect you to show up on time, when we're in person, have a picture and resume stapled - not ask for the stapler from the casting director when you get into the room - like, have your bag, have all your things collected. I have people come in, they put their bag down, they take their, you know, iPods out, their - this, they turn it off. I'm like, you're waiting in the waiting room for 20 minutes, prepare yourself to come into the room by having everything off, the same way that I would if I were going into any sort of meeting. Um, this should - this should be a very quick thing. Um, unfortunately, it's difficult to kind of swallow that, but it should just be like a two to three minute thing where you come in, you say 'hello,' you slate, you do this - the scene, and you walk out. ... I understand, but it's difficult to watch actors really struggle with that. They want to take up as much time and as much space as possible. But we're also not looking for that when we're looking for co-stars. We're looking for people who aren't going to get in the way, who aren't going to take up time, who aren't going to pull attention from the other actors. They're there to support the scene. They're more supporting actors. When you come in for a guest star or a series regular, it is more about you and that's why you have more material and more time to - to spend in front of the camera. Not more time to unpack your bags, but more time to be in front of the camera. But, um, but you have to work your way up to that. And you have to kind of master that process of co-star auditions as well."

Edited by tv echo

KM is listed as a guest star in Part 5 of the "Armageddon" crossover (airing December 14)...

Flash “Armageddon, Part 5” Description: Mia Queen Returns!
Craig Byrne   November 24, 2021
https://flashtvnews.com/flash-armageddon-part-5-description-mia-queen-returns/45513 

Spoiler

THE EXCITING CONCLUSION TO THE FIVE PART ARMAGEDDON EVENT BRINGS THE RETURN OF MIA QUEEN – The conclusion to Armageddon presents an opportunity for The Flash (Grant Gustin) to end his lifelong battle with Reverse Flash (guest star Tom Cavanagh) for good, but the payoff could be too much for Barry and team to handle. Meanwhile, Mia Queen (guest star Katherine McNamara) drops in from the future looking to save a lost loved one, and she won’t let anything stand in her way. Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Kristen Kim (#805). Original airdate 12/14/2021. Every episode of THE FLASH will be available to stream on The CW App and CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without a subscription, log-in or authentication required. 

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago P.D., Yellowstone, Gossip Girl, Wonder Years, L&O: OC, Manifest, La Brea and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 23 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/23/chicago-pd-spoilers-atwater-yellowstone-beth-jamie/ 

Do The Flash‘s Mia, Bart and Nora know each other in the future? Is that referenced in any way during the “Armageddon” event? –SSH

Spoiler

From what I am hearing thus far, no, it will not be suggested that Barry and Iris’ kids (who have been visiting from the year 2049) know Oliver and Felicity’s daughter (who as a young adult was seen in 2040). Scoop update!: Though Inside Line last week quoted Grant Gustin as saying that it will not be established why Supergirl and/or Superman aren’t recruited to help with “Armageddon,” Kara’s whereabout’s, at least, are in fact revealed in Part 2 (during a scene that Gustin himself was not in).

Edited by tv echo

Coming up in two weeks...

L.A. Comic Con, December 3-5, 2021 (CA)
https://www.comicconla.com/event/arrow-caity-lotz-katie-cassidy-katrina-law-neal-mcdonough/  

Arrow: Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Katrina Law & Neal McDonough
DECEMBER 4 @ 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM

The show may be over, but the Arrowverse lives on! The cast of CW’s Arrow joins us to talk about the show that started it all

Also:
GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream Cast Q&A, December 5, 2021 (at 2:00pm ET)
Matt Ryan (also Tala Ashe, Shayan Sobhian, Adam Tsekhman, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Amy Louise Pemberton)
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/events/legends-of-tomorrow 

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara was in Sondheim's A Little Night Music on Broadway (playing Fredrika Armfeldt from 2010-2011)....

John Barrowman was in Sondheim's Company at The Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., in 2002 and Putting It Together (musical revue of Sondheim songs) in Los Angeles and New York in 1998-2000...

ETA: Stephen Sondheim wrote some of the most beautiful songs ever. What a loss. :(

Edited by tv echo

Joe Dinicol was apparently in a new Nash Bridges movie on USA Network last night...

Nash Bridges: Was Reunion Movie Worthy of a Full-On Series Revival?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 27 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/27/nash-bridges-reunion-movie-recap/ 

Jump to a year later, and Nash is still riding the pine when he is invited by Captain Lena Harris (who rose through the ranks with Nash’s daughter Cassidy, now in the military) to rejoin SIU to help finally crack a serial killer case. Technically reporting to a young named Steven Colton (Arrow‘s Joe Dinicol), Nash convinces Joe to step away from his weed dispensary business and serve as a sometimes-high consultant. Rounding out the existing SIU are Ellie (Bigger’s Angela Ko), her sorta-boyfriend Keith (The Last Ship’s Paul James), and Chloe (Pose‘s Alexia Garcia), the force’s first transgender cop and the niece of Nash’s old colleague “No-Neck” Nick.

Edited by tv echo