Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

On 2/27/2022 at 7:02 AM, tv echo said:

Batwoman Set Photo Shows Sophie at Laurel Lance's Grave
BY ETHAN FOX   PUBLISHED 4 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/batwoman-sophie-laurel-lance-grave-set-image/ 

In a recent post to her Instagram story in order to promote the latest upcoming episode, [Meagan] Tandy unveiled a plethora of behind-the-scenes photos that featured many of the main cast and a shocking set detail. Specifically, she showcased an image of her standing next to Laurel Lance's grave, a replica of the one seen in the season 4 episode of Arrow showcasing her death and funeral. The rest of the images also revealed a few returning characters to the series, including Sam Littlefield as Mouse, and Nathan Owens as Ocean. View the image below:
Laurel's grave appearing in an episode of Batwoman poses many questions for viewers, such as why Sophie would be in Star City in the first place, and how the appearance of Laurel's grave will tie into the events of the episode. Furthermore, many fans have been noticed questioning if this could be a hint at Earth-1 Laurel's possible return in some capacity, opening the door for Cassidy's return in the future, after crisis. Either way, the answers to these questions are sure to be extremely interesting, and fans can tune in to find out as Batwoman airs its penultimate on February 23.

Expand  

The BW writers explained the picture the night the penultimate episode aired. 

• Useful 1

Two new podcast interviews with Katrina Law (mostly about her current role on NCIS, but a few Arrow mentions)...

-- Katrina Law: "I've had the privilege of playing some really amazing characters over the years. One of my favorite characters has always been Nyssa al Ghul from Arrow. I loved playing her... because she's so serious and so stark and everything is black and white, and she's just hardcore."

-- -On the importance of Nyssa and Sara being the first LBGTQ couple in the Arrowverse, Katrina Law: "I think it was such a huge moment for the LGBTQ community. Representation is everything. And I think there's - I think it's been hard enough for women to get representation in the superhero world... outside of the woman who needs to be rescued by the superhero or the woman who gets killed so the superhero has his revenge story. To suddenly see all of these female characters come to life and kick ass and be great at it, and be good and bad characters, I think, was a huge moment. That being said, representation is everything and I know, uh, there are a lot of LGBTQ community members who struggle with self-worth and self-acceptance and suicide. And a lot of that has to do - I'm not going to pretend to be a psychiatrist, but I think, a huge help with that is knowing that they can turn on the television now and go, oh my gosh, here is a hero who looks like me, who loves the same way that I do, and they are accepted, and they are mainstream, and they are viewed as heroes and uplifted and celebrated. And to know that there are now these characters out there in the world that exist, that gives them hope. It gives them something to hold onto and gives them a feeling of community, I think, is so important."

-- On which of her iconic characters she would want to play again (like, for a revival), Katrina Law: "Nyssa al Ghul, all day long."

CherryPicks: You star as Special Agent Jessica Knight in season 19 of NCIS—how did it feel to land a lead role in the series after having previously appeared as a guest star?
Katrina Law:
Let me supercharge your question by answering how it felt to land a leading role on NCIS after auditioning for the show for 18 years: it felt glorious! I have been a fan of NCIS for a long time. During my down time, while filming Arrow in Vancouver, I would binge watch back to back episodes of NCIS. But now, to know that I am a part of the number one show in the world, the legacy that is NCIS, is daunting, humbling, and exciting beyond belief.

• Love 1
(edited)

Official trailer for KC's new movie (available in theaters, digital, and on demand on April 8)...

Agent Game - Official Trailer (2022) Dermot Mulroney, Katie Cassidy, Mel Gibson
IGN Movie Trailers    Mar 7, 2022

Check out the trailer for Agent Game, the upcoming spy thriller movie that stars Dermot Mulroney.

Harris (Dermot Mulroney), a CIA interrogator at an Agency black site, finds himself the target of a rendition operation after being scapegoated for an interrogation gone horribly wrong. As the team tasked to bring Harris in begins to question their orders — and each other —Olsen (Mel Gibson), a senior intelligence officer, and his subordinate, Visser (Annie Ilonzeh), raise the stakes. Now, it's up to Harris and some newfound allies to uncover the truth and turn the tables. The movie also stars Adan Canto, Katie Cassidy, Rhys Coiro, Barkhad Abdi, Jason Isaacs, and Mel Gibson. It is written by Mike Langer and Tyler W. Konney.

Agent Game, directed by Grant S. Johnson, will be available in theaters, digital, and on demand on April 8, 2022.

Edited by tv echo

Former Arrow guest star Caity Lotz has signed up for three more upcoming comic cons...

Megacon Orlando, May 19-22, 2022 (FL)
Caity Lotz (also Jes Macallan)
https://fanexpohq.com/megaconorlando/celebrities/

Fan Expo Dallas, June 17-19, 2022 (TX)
Caity Lotz (also Jes Macallan, Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch)
https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpodallas/celebrities/

Fan Expo Denver, July 1-3, 2022 (CO)
Caity Lotz (also Jes Macallan)
https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpodenver/celebrities/

KC has signed up for this upcoming comic con - she and SA now have a joint panel on March 19...

Fandemic Tour, March 18-20, 2022 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell (SAT only), Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman 
https://www.fandemictour.com/

Programming Schedule

SATURDAY MARCH 19, 2022:
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM - Floor 5, Thomas Murphy Ballroom
ARROW PANEL W/ STEPHEN AMELL & KATIE CASSIDY    
Moderated by Ben Beck (IG @IAmBenBeck)

Edited by tv echo

‘Shadowhunters’ Star Katherine McNamara Joins Mickey Rourke In James Bamford’s Action Film ‘Jade’
By Matt Grobar   March 14, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/03/shadowhunters-star-katherine-mcnamara-joins-mickey-rourke-in-action-pic-jade-1234978140/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Katherine McNamara (Shadowhunters) has signed on to star alongside Mickey Rourke, Mark Dacascos, Shaina West and Marcus Vincios Maciel in the action pic Jade, which marks the debut feature from director, producer and stuntman James Bamford.

The film centers on Jade (West), who swore she’d never pick up another gun after her brother’s untimely and accidental death at her own hands. But when she unknowingly comes between powerful businessman “Tork” (Rourke) and her former gang leader (Maciel) in their urgent search for a valuable hard drive that could single-handedly take down Interpol, she may not have a choice.

Jade’s incredible skills are tested as she must run, climb, hide, fight and do whatever it takes to protect not only herself, and the precious cargo she carries, but also her brother’s ex-girlfriend, Layla (McNamara) who is carrying something precious of her own: Jade’s unborn nephew. With the guidance of Reese (Dacascos), an old friend at Interpol, Jade must come to terms with all she’s faced in the past and present to defeat insurmountable odds and clear a path to her growing family’s future.

Glenn Ennis and Lynn Colliar penned the script for the feature shooting in Albuquerque. Tetrad Studios’ Roy Scott MacFarland and Sam Levine are producing, with Bamford, Kimberly Hines and Alex Toumayan exec producing, and Sophie Barry serving as associate producer. 13 Films is handling international sales. The film is slated for release in the fourth quarter of this year.

Edited by tv echo

10 Best Action Set Pieces In The Arrowverse
BY DAVID NG'ETHE    MARCH 15, 2022
https://whatculture.com/tv/10-best-action-set-pieces-in-the-arrowverse

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-best-action-set-pieces-in-the-arrowverse?page=9

2. Oliver And Slade's Reckoning - Arrow Season 2, Episode 23
Their fight in the season finale was emotionally charged as it was also juxtaposed with their initial fallout nearly seven years earlier. Watching the combatants exchange blows is impressive due to the performances and fight choreography but was also emotionally heart-wrenching as audiences get to see the further breakdown of the pair's relationship.

Even though Oliver came out on top, it is at great personal cost due to the earlier losses he incurred at the hands of Slade. Fortunately, Slade is redeemed and once again becomes an ally in later seasons, proving that Oliver's choice to spare him was not in vain.

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-best-action-set-pieces-in-the-arrowverse?page=10

1. Green Arrow's Final Bow - Arrow Season 8, Episode 10
The finale features John Byrne, a criminal from Oliver's earlier days who kidnaps Oliver's son William. He is noteworthy for being the first person on Oliver's list that was spared by the vigilante.

In a flashback to the first season, we are once again treated to the more brutal version of Oliver going up against Byrne’s henchmen.

Despite being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of his opponents, Oliver is able to come out on top and capture Byrne. The sequence benefitted from eight years of finely honed stunt work and choreography, as well as solid character development for the series’ titular hero.

10. Kara Goes Up Against A Worldkiller - Supergirl Season 3, Episode 9
9. A Less Than Honourable Fight - Arrow Season 6, Episode 20
8. The Heroes Meet Their Match - Elseworlds, Part 1
7. A Strange Encounter For Superman - Superman And Lois Season 1, Episode 1
6. The Hood Meets His Match - Arrow Season 1, Episode 22
5. Prometheus' Gambit - Arrow Season 5, Episode 16

4. Barry Finally Meets The Man In The Yellow Suit - The Flash Season 1, Episode 9
3. Superman's Bizarre Brawl - Superman and Lois Season 2, Episode 5
2. Oliver And Slade's Reckoning - Arrow Season 2, Episode 23
1. Green Arrow's Final Bow - Arrow Season 8, Episode 10

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara To Star In ‘Walker: Independence’ CW Pilot As Abby Walker
By Nellie Andreeva      March 16, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/03/katherine-mcnamara-walker-independence-cw-pilot-abby-walker-1234980719/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Arrow alumna Katherine McNamara is set as the female lead opposite Matt Barr in the CW’s pilot Walker: Independence, executive produced by Walker‘s Jared Padalecki.

Walker: Independence, a Walker origin story, is set in the late 1800s and follows Abby Walker (McNamara), an affluent Bostonian whose husband is murdered before her eyes while on their journey out West. On her quest for revenge, Abby crosses paths with Hoyt Rawlins (Barr), a lovable rogue in search of purpose. Abby and Hoyt’s journey takes them to Independence, Texas, where they encounter diverse, eclectic residents running from their own troubled pasts and chasing their dreams. Our newfound family will struggle with the changing world around them, while becoming agents of change themselves in a town where nothing is what it seems.

Originally from Boston’s high society, Abby is a tough-minded woman, moving across the country with her husband to a new life in Independence. After her husband is killed by a horse thief in the night, Abby wanders grief-stricken through the brush and finally into the town of Independence. She takes on the name of “Walker” and sets about building her strength (personal and financial), because she’s going to be the first Walker to go to war against overwhelming odds. The first but not the last…

It is unclear how the 1800s Abby Walker and Hoyt Rawlins are related to the present day’s Abeline Walker (Molly Hagan) and her sons, Cordell Walker (Padalecki) and Liam Walker (Keegan Allen), as well as Cordell’s best friend Hoyt Rawlins, who was played on the mothership series by Barr in a recurring arc.

In addition to Barr, McNamara joins previously announced series regulars Philemon Chambers, Lawrence Kao, Greg Hovanessian and Justin Johnson Cortez.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Out of Order appears to be an independent film (IMDb page link)...

Brooke Shields, Brandon Routh, Sam Huntington Board ‘Out of Order’ Comedy (Exclusive)
BY ETAN VLESSING    MARCH 17, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/brooke-shields-brandon-routh-out-of-order-comedy-1235112612/ 

Superman Returns co-stars Brandon Routh and Sam Huntington are joining Brooke Shields in the Out of Order comedy from director Guy Jacobson.

Routh will star as John Slater, an unsuccessful lawyer on a mission to win back his model girlfriend, played by Tao Okamoto. Huntington will play a best friend and co-worker while Shields’ character is a high-powered attorney in the feature.

In Out of Order, Slater accepts an offer from an elite law firm to turn his life around just as he takes on one last case at his old firm. Soon he realizes there’s double jeopardy as both legal firms are working opposite sides of the same case. With no options, Slater in disguise attempts to take down a massive pharmaceutical company, while also defending it.

The ensemble cast for Out of Order, now shooting in New York City, includes Krysta Rodriguez, Luis Guzmán, Sandra Bernhard and Asher Grodman.

Edited by tv echo

Greg Berlanti on Incoming Warner Boss and the Ubiquity of Superheroes
BY PAMELA MCCLINTOCK    MARCH 18, 2022 9:45AM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/greg-berlanti-interview-arrowverse-green-lantern-1235111714/ 

.... On March 19, Berlanti himself — Hollywood’s most prolific TV producer — will receive the prestigious Norman Lear Achievement Award at the Producers Guild of America Awards ceremony. The honor recognizes the impact a person has made on the art and craft of television. In the case of Berlanti, his dizzying array of credits includes Dawson’s Creek — which featured network TV’s first same-sex kiss between men — Riverdale, Brothers & Sisters, Arrow, The Flash, You, Doom Patrol and The Flight Attendant. Berlanti, who lives in Los Angeles with his husband and two children, recently caught up with THR.
Your deal has long been at Warner Bros. How do you feel about the new regime coming in led by Discovery’s David Zaslav?
I’ve met him before, and I’m a big fan. Everyone is excited about the fact that he has such a respect for the legacy of talent at Warner Bros. That’s a cornerstone of his strength. Everywhere you go, everyone seems to be jazzed, and it’s nice to see people rooting for a person and for the place to succeed.
Why are superhero shows and movies striking such a chord right now?
People want heroes again — sort of like the old Westerns — where you know who the good guys are and you know who the bad guys are. They are very aspirational. And technology has really caught up on both television and film in giving us the capacity to render these characters.
You produced and wrote the original screenplay for the Green Lantern movie, which was a big disappointment.
We’re actually working on a Green Lantern series for HBO Max, so it’s come full circle. The movie did introduce me more to the folks at DC, which led to Arrow. So while it was heartbreaking on the film side, it ultimately led to wonderful things on the television side.

Edited by tv echo
On 3/14/2022 at 9:49 AM, tv echo said:

Fandemic Tour, March 18-20, 2022 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell (SAT only), Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman 
https://www.fandemictour.com/

Programming Schedule

The Arrow panel with SA and KC, which was originally scheduled for 10:30am (ET) this morning, has been postponed to 1:30pm (ET) this afternoon.

SA signing autographs at Fandemic Tour....

Edited by tv echo

From the Arrow panel with SA and KC at Fandemic Tour in Atlanta, GA, yesterday (March 19)...

-- On leaving Arrow, SA: "It was not an easy decision, because it didn't just affect me. It affected everyone - everyone on the show. I mean, Katie once threatened to kill me if we didn't go 10 years."
KC: "Oh yeah, the pilot."
SA: "Every time she's around me now, we have to [unintelligible word] it out with weapons."
KC: "No, but seriously, I did say this to him - I was like, if you eff this up for us, I will kill you. But I think, ever since that day, I think there was a - like a level of like, okay, respect."
SA: "Just throw it all on the table and go for it. That's fine."

-- On an Arrow movie, SA: "I mean, it almost happened multiple times. I think there was actually a day on the schedule once where it was about to happen. And then for whatever reason, it didn't work out. But, you know, alas."

-- On the Arrow pilot, SA: "I think that everyone has a best-laid plans. Like, everyone has their best-laid plans. But so much goes into the pilot of a television show. I don't want to yank the curtain back too far, because the creative process is - it's something that should be protected. (Aside to KC) Pardon me? (KC whispered something) Sacred... But, concurrently, the best-laid plans are there for the pilot. And then... hey, awesome, you get to do a series now! So, way less time, make 22 more of those episodes, and find the stuff that works."

-- SA: "Time by myself to make coffee. I've been writing a lot. More recently, just sort of like a checklist for every day. Like, I write down basic stuff, like, eat well. Just basic stuff. And, I swear to God it's true, I set aside 5 to 10 minutes to scroll for TikTok... I'm serious. Because when you can get like one video that's like a philosophical life lesson about the importance of parenting, and then you back that up with someone getting smashed in the face with something, that is right in the pocket for [unintelligible word]."

-- On saying goodbye to Arrow, SA: "... I think, last time working with Willa, who played Thea. And so, every episode, every day, on that entire last season, there would be some sort of tearful goodbye with somebody. It sucked... It was rewarding, but it was very emotionally draining. So, by the time we got to the end of it, and we shot the last scene last, ... I walked into my trailer and a bunch of my friends were there - I was like, 'oh, guys, go awaaay.' So, it was a lot - it was a lot."

-- SA: "Watching Arrow or you're watching Heels, you - you're so excited for that first episode. But, as the actor, you're coming back - and I know that Katie can probably speak to this, too - you haven't played the character in like - I don't know, for me, I hadn't - we were almost like 10 months between seasons...ish. So, like, I hadn't - haven't been Jack Spade, I haven't used the accent, and like I haven't done any of this...."

-- In response to fan asking to see him shirtless, SA: "No!"

Edited by tv echo

At last night's Producers Guild Awards, Greg Berlanti was presented with the Norman Lear Lifetime Achievement Award...

Greg Berlanti Calls Out “Don’t Say Gay” Bill’s “Vitriol”; Compares Homophobia Level To The 1970s – PGA Awards
By Antonia Blyth   March 19, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/03/greg-berlanti-dont-say-gay-pga-awards-norman-lear-1234982573/

Ryan Murphy Recalls Early Years With PGA Honoree Greg Berlanti: Making Rent, Diner Therapy and a Check From Spielberg
By Matt Donnelly     March 19, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ryan-murphy-greg-berlanti-pga-awards-1235209898/

Hallmark Star KATHERINE MCNAMARA Reveals Details on New CW Series WALKER: INDEPENDENCE
Hallmark Happenings Podcast   Mar 19, 2022

Kat McNamara stars in Hallmark Channel's upcoming movie LOVE CLASSIFIED. She also just booked a huge role in the upcoming CW series WALKER: INDEPENDENCE. How incredible! 

-- When asked if Walker: Independence is going to be filmed in Texas, KM: "I don't know exactly where we're filming yet. I have literally just found out that all of this is coming together. Um, but I'm so excited. You know, I've had friends that have worked in the Walker Universe, if that's what we call it, and been a part of the Walker legacy, and say nothing but wonderful things. And everyone that I've met so far has been nothing but warm and welcoming and just lovely. Um, you know, since the pandemic, I've been craving having that sort of show home and being able to build a story from day one and from the ground up. And that's - that's ultimately what we'll be doing here. Um, and also to be back on The CW is going to be fantastic. You know, I had a great time with Arrow and, you know, The Flash and the little pop-arounds that I've done. Uh, but it'll be nice to be back and - and to build something - a new old chapter, as it were, of this kind of Walker legacy and to - to find out how the Walkers became the Walkers, and - and to be playing the first Walker, um, is - is a huge honor, and I'm very, very excited. You know, I'm from Kansas City. Can't take me too far out of the prairie... I'm still a prairie girl at heart. So I'm excited to dive in."

-- When asked about her new outfits for Walker: Independence, KM: "I'm very excited. You know, they seem to be very dedicated to keeping the authenticity of the period. And, um, the nerd in me is so excited for all of that, be it the sets and the costumes and the props and learning even just about all of the history. I've already started doing, uh, some research about, you know, women on the frontier and what life was like."

-- KM: "You know, Abby is an incredibly special character and, um, someone that I've very honored to be having the opportunity to bring to life and - and so thrilled with even the bits of her that I've learned about so far. I think folks are really going to dig this story. And, you know, having Matt Barr along, who's been a part of the Walker legacy, to come reprise his own ancestor, it's, uh - it's gonna be a lot of fun to see how all of that plays out."

-- When asked what her character, Abby, is going to be up to in Walker: Independence, KM: "I really can't say and I don't know a whole lot yet... I know she's got a bit of, um - a bit of a journey to go through. And, you know, the Walkers are - are a tough - a tough family, and they've been through good times and bad times. And Abby is  no different, being the first of the Walkers. So, it'll be a real pleasure to bring a character to life that represents the origins of the legacy of a family that is so beloved."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: Why Oliver Ended Up With Felicity (Not Laurel)
BY NICHOLAS RAYMOND    UPDATED 3 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/arrow-oliver-felicity-relationship-not-laurel-reason/ 

Naturally, Arrow’s Oliver Queen love interest problem is one of the show’s biggest points of discussion. A big part of why Oliver and Felicity got together in Arrow comes down to the strength of Emily Bett Rickards’ performance as Felicity and her strong chemistry with Stephen Amell’s Oliver. Their dynamic worked so well for Arrow that it felt like a natural direction for the show to take, even if it wasn’t what was originally planned. Felicity was a minor character from the beginning, but as Arrow's story progressed, it became apparent to the writers that Felicity was the character Oliver should end up with. Likewise, Felicity’s popularity among Arrow’s audience could have been a contributing factor to her ending up with Oliver.

Edited by tv echo

Longer videos from Saturday's Arrow panel with SA and KC at Fandemic Tour (posted on YouTube by Lptraveler)...

-- Fan commented that SA previously said that he was nervous before starting every new season of Arrow and was also nervous before starting Heels. She asked SA what makes him nervous and how he remedies or fixes it.
SA: "What makes me nervous? ... When you're watching a television show, like, when you're watching Arrow or you're watching Heels, you're so excited for that first episode. But, as the actor, you're coming back - and I know that Katie can probably speak to this, too - you haven't played the character in like - I don't know, for me, I hadn't - we were like almost 10 months in between seasons...ish. So, like, I hadn't - haven't been Jack Spade, I haven't used the accent, like, I haven't done any of this stuff. And it's not like you can sort of half-ass it from the first day. Right? You'll never know, because we're not shooting sequentially, the first scene that you shot, but you certainly aren't as comfortable as you were, uh, you know - think about it like - sorry, I'm meandering here. Think about it like breaking in a pair of shoes."
KC: "Yeah. You're living and breathing the character once you’re in it. But once you get –“
SA: "But you break in a brand new pair of shoes, what do your feet feel like at the end of the first day?"
KC: "Oh my God, they’re dying.”
SA: "They're terrible, they’re bleeding and they're hurting and all that stuff. And that's what it's like on that first take coming back in there. You're nervous. It's like the first day of school. You're seeing members of the crew again for the first time, actors again for the first time. And, you know, again, there are like no scenes where you can just kind of give 50 percent, right? But you kind of want to on the first day and pretend that no one notices you."
KC: “That is very nerve-wracking.”

-- Mod asked about the Arrow pilot and what their fears were in shooting that pilot.
KC: "I think that one scene - I guess the first scene, there was this - you know, this adrenaline rush. But once - for me, anyway – I got that out of the way, you know, sort of, I don't know, I just - I ended up just sort of getting into the character, and so you stop thinking about the camera and, you know, I just remind myself of - I try to be the character as much as I possible could - can. But it also helps with the nerves, I think, to do that."
SA: "Yeah, I mean, the pilot, we had - we were in Vancouver for like a month before we started shooting. I get nervous more like in Season 3, where I would show up – I’d fly back to Vancouver on Sunday night and be on set Monday morning. That’s when you get a little nervous, yeah."

-- Fan asked if there was any talk of bringing anyone from Smallville onto Arrow while they were shooting Arrow.
SA: "No. No. I mean, the whole like it becoming the Arrowverse and all of these shows? None of that was thought about when they were making Arrow. The fact that the first season of Arrow was a success gave them - 'them' being the creative team behind it - the opportunity to do other stuff. And then as we got into later years and all of the craziness that was, you know, stuff like Crisis On Infinite Earths and things like that, that's when, you know, stuff like Smallville was coming back. But, if anything, even though, uh, the pilot of Arrow and the pilot of Smallville had the same director, Arrow was literally - they wanted to take Smallville and whatever it did and just turn 180 degrees and go the other way."
Mod: “And quite successfully at that, if we’re being honest.”
SA: “Well, I mean, yeah… maybe if we had done a couple more seasons. But no, they beat us.”
KC: “Yeah. They did, Stephen.”
SA: “It’s my bad.”
KC: “Yeah. They did, Stephen. I’m just saying.”
Mod: “But, to be fair, what you guys created with Arrow was truly monumental and what we’ve seen as superhero fare, you guys brought a realism to these characters that made it very accessible even to non-comic book fans.”

-- Mod asked if they were comic book fans before they started working on Arrow.
KC said that she wasn't necessarily a comic book fan, although she did her research for Arrow, but she was "definitely a gamer." She's still a gamer, and Call of Duty is her game of choice
SA said that he had a comic book collection growing up. He was a big fan of Superman, Spawn and Lobo as a child. He added that he never purchased a Marvel comic in his life. He is a big comic book fan now. He mentioned that he was sitting in his trailer and saw that Spider-Man: No Way Home is now available, purchased it immediately, and plans to watch it that night.

-- Fan asked about Nocking Point wines and which wine SA was most proud of.
SA mentioned that they did a wine with Jason Momoa. He also said that his daughter “art directs a label every year.”
KC: "Why haven't we done a wine?"
SA: "I don't know."
KC: "I'm just saying."
SA: "Ah, we can talk about that. We can talk about that."
KC: “I need a meeting with you later.”

-- Fan commented that SA was the Iron Man of the Arrowverse and asked what it was like to film his final scenes on Arrow and say goodbye to the Arrowverse.
SA: "Oh, it was really hard, man. It was really hard, because we decided in Season 6 - I decided in Season 6 that we were going to start to wrap it up, and I thought that the last season would be Season 7. But then our - the original creator of the show, Greg Berlanti, had an idea for a truncated 8th season. And that just made - the whole thing was like one long goodbye. Because I'd be working with a director for the last time or I'd be doing a scene with a certain actor for the last time. Or, like in the episode that Katie directed in the last season, which was episode... 3, it  was like... that was my last time working with Katie as a director on the show. It was my first time in a long time but, I think, my last time working with Willa, who played Thea. And so, every episode, every day, on that entire last season, there would be some sort of tearful goodbye with somebody. And it sucked... It was rewarding, but very emotionally draining. So by the time we got to the end of it, and we shot the last scene last, there were a bunch of my - I walked into my trailer and a bunch of my friends were there – and I was like, 'oh, guys, go awaaay.' So, it was a lot - it was a lot. But, you know, it is what it is.”

-- Mod asked KC what it was like to direct.
KC said that when she "discovered directing," she found her “flow”: "I love it." She mentioned going through the Warner Bros. directors program. She added that she's been hired to direct her first feature film, but she's not allowed to say the title yet (there will be an announcement "soon"). She also said that she's trying to convince SA to “convince Heels” let her direct an episode of Heels at some point.
KC: "Arrow was hard for me to say goodbye Season 4, you know. And then to say goodbye again Season 5, because they think they repeated that scene and had us reshoot my death scene."
SA said that he's very interested in directing, but being a lead on a show and directing "is incredibly challenging thing from a logistical standpoint, as Katie will tell you."

-- Fan asked to see SA shirtless.
SA: "No!"

-- Fan expressed her appreciation to them as actors and individuals, and she asked SA and KC what they took away from comic cons.KC said that she had a lot of "gratitude and appreciation." She thanked the fans at the con for their support.
SA said that he hears a lot of "uplifting stories" from fans at these cons.

-- Fan asked how doing meditation helps them.KC said that she's a "huge believer" in meditating every day at least 20 minutes. She also said that she also writes and needs meditation to get in the “right flow state” to write.
SA said that he needs at least 30 minutes in the morning by himself. He’ll make coffee. SA: “I've been writing a lot. More recently, just sort of like a checklist for every day. Like, I write down basic stuff, like, eat well. Just basic stuff. And, I swear to God it's true, I set aside 5 to 10 minutes to scroll through TikTok... I'm serious. Because when you can get like one video that's like a philosophical life lesson about the importance of parenting, and then you back that up with someone getting smashed in the face with something, that is right in the pocket for me."

-- Fan asked about the transition of Arrow from The CW into the DCEU and how close that came to happening.SA: "Incredibly close. I had multiple meetings. We had a movie green-lit, ready to go, that we would've shot in between Season 2 and Season 3. And it got shut down at WB. And it's an absolutely, preposterously stupid mistake that they made. You see the difference between once we’re done shooting and now? Yeah, you know, we had a whole movie set up, where Oliver would be taking all of the - hang on, wait, wait, wait. We were going to shoot it between Season 2 and Season 3. And it was going to be Oliver transporting a bunch of prisoners to a Super Max. And they were going to crash and we would have to fend for themselves. Obviously, there would be like - there'd be people wherever they crashed... and harrowing life and death stuff. We were going to shoot that during the hiatus. And then that was going to build into the storyline after our midseason finale in Season 3. So that the entire Season 3 we'd be building towards it. And then it would come out in theaters in like January before we then came back. And they were like, 'No. No, we’re going to make Batman and Superman.'"

-- Fan asked about shooting the Arrowverse crossover episodes.
KC said it was "exhausting." She added that it was great to work with everyone. Her favorite crossover was when Laurel was on The Flash.
SA said that it was "always fun when the cameras were rolling," but there was always a "logistical quagmire." He said that, outside of Arrow, Grant Gustin was always his favorite person to work with. His favorite crossover is Elseworlds, where he and Grant swapped bodies.

-- Fan asked if there was going to be an Arrowverse follow-up on Diggle finding the Green Lantern ring.
SA said that they don't tell him anything anymore (mentioning HBO Max). He knows that DR is doing another Arrowverse series.
KC: "And I have a, uh, something up my sleeve, but not yet been announced. But something's happened, you know."

-- Fan asked KC if she preferred Black Canary or Black Siren.
KC said that she enjoyed playing both characters. She said that Laurel is the "original gangster to me," but that Black Siren was more fun to play.

-- Fan asked if there was ever any talk of Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki from Supernatural appearing on Arrow, or SA appearing on Supernatural.
SA: "Yeah, yeah, there was… The number of times that we tried to get me to be like someone serving them coffee in a diner, or something like that, it almost happened multiple times. I think there was actually like a day on the schedule once where it was about to happen. And then for whatever reason, it never worked out. But, you know, alas."

-- Fan asked about Code 8 on Netflix.
SA talked about the Code 8 sequel. He said that it should come out later this year.

-- Fan asked about the "wonders of working with John Barrowman."
SA described shooting a scene in the 16th episode in Season 1 where Tommy needed a blood transfusion and JB suddenly burst out in a Scottish accent. 
KC described shooting some kind of "emotional scene" with SA, where she had to stay "super focused," but JB did something that made her laugh out loud. She needed that, because her scene was "dark and depressing."

-- Fan asked SA if he regretted leaving Arrow or if he’d like to be resurrected for a new season.
SA: "Do I regret leaving? Yeah. I think I made the right decision. But I do regret leaving. Um, you know my - my kid was born during the second season up in Vancouver. Made lifelong friends up there. It's certainly - after going on eight years, it becomes very comfortable and familiar. It makes me happy. Um. I just was seeking something else creatively. And, again, I think, for the long term, for my career, both personally, professionally, emotionally, I think that I made the right decision. Um, did I think I made the right decision in like May of 2020? No. But, with every passing day, I think so.”
KC: “I guess you still could get resurrected. Right, dude?”
SA: “Of course. Michael Keaton’s about to play Batman again! … Okay? People ask about this all the time. Are you gonna go back? And it’s like, yeah, well, give me a minute… Like, is Daniel Radcliffe eventually going to be in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Of course he is. But it’s just like, you know, it hasn’t been that long. ... I'm happy with the decision, but I do have regret. I really do. It was not an easy decision, because it didn't just affect me. It affected everyone - everyone on the show. I mean, Katie once threatened to kill me if we didn't go 10 years, actually."
KC: "Oh yeah, in the pilot."
SA: "Every time she's around me now, we have to pat her down for weapons."
KC: "No, but seriously, I did say this to him - I was like, if you eff this up for us, I will kill you. Okay? But I think, ever since that day, I think there was a - like a level of like, okay, respect. Just like -"
SA: "Just throw it all on the table and go for it. That's fine."

Edited by tv echo

I haven't watched the video I can't comment on tone of voice by I never think that story of KC saying "I will kill you if you screw this up!" is as funny as she thinks it is. Especially given that it's *Laurel* that they had a lot of issues with. 

Good for Kat for getting another lead role, I guess I will check it out now, although I previously had no intention as I don't think Walker really needs a semi spin off/prequel. Although the time period does make it mildly intriguing. 

Katherine McNamara presenting at ASC Awards, March 20, 2022
JW_KSLL    Mar 21, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwUzp3SsQU 

Actress Katherine McNamara presented the award for Motion Picture, Limited Series, or Pilot Made for Television, with the category sponsored by ARRI. “Even now looking back it’s hard to believe we lived through a time with only one streaming service,” she joked. “It was like the Dark Ages. And remember when the only thing you could binge watch was Law & Order on TNT? How did we survive?”

FYI: The 36th Annual ASC (American Society of Cinematographers) Awards ceremony took place on Sunday, March 20. The event was streamed live from the ASC Clubhouse in Hollywood.

Edited by tv echo

Full video of Arrow panel with SA and KC at Pandemic Tour con on March 19 - this video has so much better video and audio quality than previously posted videos that, after watching this video, I went back and corrected/expanded my previous transcriptions (see above post). Also, this new video includes two additional questions and answers that weren't in any of the previous videos - see new transcriptions below...

ARROW Panel w/Stephen Amell & Katie Cassidy – Fandemic Dead 2022
Fandom Spotlite    Mar 23, 2022

(NEW)-- Fan asked SA how many times he “failed the city” and also asked SA and KC when they found out that they would be Spectre and Black Canary, respectively.
KC: “Well, I was supposed to be Black Canary. Uh, it’s kind of a long story. I knew my character before I got the pilot. Uh, I knew my character was going to be the Black Canary. They were like, yeah, probably like the end of Season 1. And I was like, okay, cool, okay, great, this is gonna be awesome, can’t wait. But then, obviously, it was a little bit longer. Uh, they brought Caity Lotz, who I freakin’ adore and she’s awesome. Um, and so, but I loved the way that they – the journey my character had to go through and the way the writers wrote for me. It was really – it was a great arc. Um, but I found out officially end of Season 2, I think, is when I put on the jacket? (SA: “Yes.”)  End of Season 2. So that’s when I officially found out and it was – I cried when I put the jacket on. It was pretty awesome.”
SA: “I didn’t know what the Spectre was…. at all. I thought I was like the Word Police or something like that. Like, I didn’t know. I really had no idea. How many times did I fail the city?”
KC: “I don’t know. How many episodes did we shoot?”
SA: “I failed the city 170 times.”
KC: “There you go.”

(NEW)-- Fan said that, “as a DC fan,” SA and KC were “supposed to end up together” but that didn’t happen, so she asked if that change from the comics was a “big shock” to them.
KC: “This is an interesting question, actually, because, you know, the thing – did I tell you this? What I say – what Laurel says to Oliver in the hospital? … ‘You’re the love of my life, but I’m not the love of yours.’”
SA: “Yeah.”
KC: “Do you know I said that to Marc the season before, because I was like, I don’t think Oliver’s in love with Laurel. I think Laurel’s in love with the idea of Oliver from who he was.”
SA: “I didn’t know that. That’s cool.”
KC: “Um, but yeah, what do you think about that? I’m actually curious.”
SA: “I mean, I think that – I think that everyone has the best laid plans. Like, everyone has the best-laid plans. But so much stuff goes into the pilot of a television show. Like, I don't want to yank the curtain back too far, because the creative process is - is something that should be protected. (Aside to KC) Pardon me? (KC whispered something) Sacred. But, concurrently, the best-laid plans are there for the pilot. And then... hey, awesome, you get to do a series now! So, um, you have way less time and make 22 more of those episodes and find the stuff that works. And people have an idea of what’s going to work, of what people are going to gravitate towards. But no one knows what’s going to pop, what people are going to - what people are going to resonate with. And so like – you – you talk with people like midway through the first season and through the second season, and they’d be like, no, no, no, Oliver and Laurel end up together. And then those same people would be like, eh, no, no, no, Oliver and Felicity are going to get married. And it’s like, alright, well, who knows?”
Mod: “It does create a unique experience for everyone, too, because you’re not beholden to a blueprint that someone else created. You guys get to create your own.”
SA: “Yeah, yeah. I mean… there’s a whole – there’s a number of things that we did that have nothing to do with the canon of the whole thing.”
Mod: “As a super geek, I totally understand that.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Lopsided Love Triangles: The Weakest Attempts to Sink 'Ships on Castle, Glee, Friends, Arrow and 16 Other Shows
By Rebecca Iannucci, Matt Webb Mitovich, Dave Nemetz, Andy Swift, Kimberly Roots, Nick Caruso, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / March 23 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/worst-tv-love-triangles/ 

ARROW: Susan Williams vs. 'Olicity'
Felicity’s own Season 5 distraction, police detective Billy Malone, was a close runner-up here — but at least their nascent romance was only hampered by little white lies, and his tragic demise served to steer Felicity to a dark path. Conversely, nothing about Mayor Queen’s dalliance with Susan smelled right, given that 1) the Channel 52 reporter was covering/critiquing his run as mayor, and as such 2) was snooping into his past/Russia ties. Oliver eventually broke things off, because of her lies and also to remove her from Prometheus’ crosshairs.

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

(NEW)-- Fan said that, “as a DC fan,” SA and KC were “supposed to end up together” but that didn’t happen, so she asked if that change from the comics was a “big shock” to them.
KC: “This is an interesting question, actually, because, you know, the thing – did I tell you this? What I say – what Laurel says to Oliver in the hospital? … ‘You’re the love of my life, but I’m not the love of yours.’”
SA: “Yeah.”
KC: “Do you know I said that to Marc the season before, because I was like, I don’t think Oliver’s in love with Laurel. I think Laurel’s in love with the idea of Oliver from who he was.”
SA: “I didn’t know that. That’s cool.”
KC: “Um, but yeah, what do you think about that? I’m actually curious.”
SA: “I mean, I think that – I think that everyone has the best laid plans. Like, everyone has the best-laid plans. But so much stuff goes into the pilot of a television show. Like, I don't want to yank the curtain back too far, because the creative process is - is something that should be protected. (Aside to KC) Pardon me? (KC whispered something) Sacred. But, concurrently, the best-laid plans are there for the pilot. And then... hey, awesome, you get to do a series now! So, um, you have way less time and make 22 more of those episodes and find the stuff that works. And people have an idea of what’s going to work, of what people are going to gravitate towards. But no one knows what’s going to pop, what people are going to - what people are going to resonate with. And so like – you – you talk with people like midway through the first season and through the second season, and they’d be like, no, no, no, Oliver and Laurel end up together. And then those same people would be like, eh, no, no, no, Oliver and Felicity are going to get married. And it’s like, alright, well, who knows?”
Mod: “It does create a unique experience for everyone, too, because you’re not beholden to a blueprint that someone else created. You guys get to create your own.”
SA: “Yeah, yeah. I mean… there’s a whole – there’s a number of things that we did that have nothing to do with the canon of the whole thing.”
Mod: “As a super geek, I totally understand that.”

Thanks for the transcriptions, tv echo!

It's good to have video confirmation of KC claiming responsibility for LL's last lines after MG had to bear the brunt of all the abuse for them over the years. 

And I laughed at SA saying the show switched from GA/BC to Olicity because GA/BC wasn't working and Olicity was what resonated with the audience while KC sits right next to him. We all knew that was why, but it's always nice to hear it confirmed.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Thanks for the transcriptions, tv echo!

It's good to have video confirmation of KC claiming responsibility for LL's last lines after MG had to bear the brunt of all the abuse for them over the years. 

And I laughed at SA saying the show switched from GA/BC to Olicity because GA/BC wasn't working and Olicity was what resonated with the audience while KC sits right next to him. We all knew that was why, but it's always nice to hear it confirmed.

She might've told him that before she knew she was being killed off but he was still the one to have her utter those words on her deathbed so....she wasnt responsible for LLs last lines lol.

Congrats to KC...

Eric Roberts Joins ‘Alone Today’; Gravitas Takes Theresa Rebeck’s ‘Glimpse’, Thriller ‘#Unknown’; The Boylan Sisters Wrap ‘Identity Crisis’; Jenny Slate Gets SFFILM Tribute; More – Film Briefs
By Matt Grobar  March 25, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/03/eric-roberts-boards-alone-today-jenny-slate-sffilm-tribute-1234986306/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Actress and director Katie Cassidy (Arrow) is gearing up to helm the comedy Daddy ISSUES from her original script.

Her feature directorial debut backed by Boston’s Marina Studios is a coming-of-age story set in Los Angeles about three adult women who should have already grown the f**k up, but can’t seem to escape the relationship dysfunction they learned from their fathers.

Cassidy will also produce and star in Daddy ISSUES. Maria Betrand and Meg McCaig co-wrote the script, with Marina Cappi’s Marina Studios boarding the project following a presentation from Cassidy at the 2022 Mammoth Film Festival. Production will take place in Boston and Los Angeles this fall.

Edited by tv echo

Two former Arrow guest stars, Katrina Law and Jimmy Akingbola, got honorable mentions for recent work in the latest TVLine Performer of the Week article...

Performer of the Week: Yuh-Jung Youn
By Team TVLine / March 26 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/03/26/yuh-jung-youn-pachinko-performance-episode-3-sunja/ 

HONORABLE MENTION | Katrina Law just recently spoke of how NCIS‘ Jessica Knight is inclined to talk things out, and what rolls around this week but a prime showcase for the negotiator’s skills. When Jess found a suspected “wife killer” cowered in his bedroom, gun to head, the man (A-plus guest star Mike Erwin) invited the fed to simply “walk away” and let him end things — but “that’s actually the worst part about it, the sound,” Jess remarked. Throughout the eight-minute standoff, Law toggled between Knight’s well-trained handling of such a crisis and her more compassionate side, as she urged the suspect to seek his fair trial. “You’re not even going to try to fight? You’re just gonna die a wife killer?” she asked. “If you’re ready to talk, I am ready to listen.” Jess, alas, couldn’t stop the trigger from being pulled, but she did save the widower’s life, after which Law showed us how shaken her otherwise-unflappable character was.

HONORABLE MENTION | It’s hard to single out just one person in Bel-Air’s super talented ensemble, but we have to acknowledge Jimmy Akingbola’s stellar performance in this week’s episode of the Peacock series. There’s no doubt that Akingbola has been a steady force throughout the season as the Banks’ house manager, Geoffrey. He’s managed to imbue the fan-favorite character with modern sophistication and an unexpected swagger that makes him a thrill to watch in every scene. Thursday’s episode offered a closer look at the Jamaican Brit as Geoffrey grappled with giving Will sensitive information about his father and stood up to Phil throughout the hour. Whether he was hitting back at his employer with restrained rage, imparting words of wisdom or just strutting around in designer suits like James Bond, Akingbola gave a standout performance worthy of the character’s iconic legacy, and easily stands as one of the best parts of this reimagining.

Edited by tv echo

A short clip (talking about Walker: Independence) from this podcast was previously posted above, but here is the entire interview with KM (mostly talking about Love, Classified, but also mentioning her other new movie, Jade, which is James Bamford's feature film directorial debut)...

INTERVIEW: Actress KATHERINE MCNAMARA from Love, Classified (Hallmark Channel)
Hallmark Happenings Podcast    Mar 26, 2022

This interview was recorded during the Mammoth Film Festival on February 4th, but only published now - the comment that struck me the most was KC saying that she was breaking down and building up computers when she was 8 years old (sound familiar?)*...

The Loop Studio | Katie Cassidy sits down with THE LOOP
Mammoth Film Festival    Mar 27, 2022

-- KC talked about doing stunts and her Arrow stunt double (Atlin). Similar discussion to what was talked about during the "Heroes Behind the Heroes" panel that she did during this festival with Katherine McNamara and Jackson Spidell (you can watch that panel video here).

-- KC mentioned doing the NFT drop last year and that she was the first celebrity to do an NFT drop. She also said that she has two more NFT drops coming out in the near future: one that she's doing with Ron Ortiz and Meta World Peace that should come out "in the next couple of months," and another one that she just finished the shoot for "last week" and that should come out "in the next couple of weeks."

-- When asked how she got involved in NFTs, KC: "So I'm super into crypto. Okay? Super into technology. I grew up a gamer. Uh, I - my dad used to have me like break down computer - he's the doctor, so when he's doing charts and stuff, he would have me - I think I was annoying or something when I was 8, probably, and he needed to get work done. He'd be like, why don't you build - break that computer down and then build it back up and let me know when you're done? And I'd be like, okay, uh, and I did, and - I don't know, I just - I love technology. I love gaming. Uh, when I first heard about bitcoin cryptocurrency in 2016, I was like, this is genius. And this is the future... The second everybody can educate themselves on what this is and like, I really do think digital currency is the future if you look at our, you know, generations, uh, below us, like, that's - everything is digital, electronic, streaming, online. ... That's where everything is going. So it's like, I want to get in early. And then when I learned about NFTs and - and other artists coming together and collaborating and - and - and supporting other artists, I was like - I love collaboration and I love support - again, like, I love connecting people, working with other artists, and just - when you can have something that comes together, uh, in this digital space and there's no middle man, and it's just artists to artists who are reaping the benefits, and it's just - I don't know, it's just a really cool space and I - I enjoy art and all of it." 

(* In episode 1x14 of Arrow, Felicity said that she has been building computers since she was 7 years old.)

Edited by tv echo

The Arrow Character You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
BY RICK STEVENSON   MARCH 29, 2022
https://www.looper.com/814205/the-arrow-character-you-are-based-on-your-zodiac-sign/ 

Virgo: Felicity Smoak
When Emily Bett Rickards was cast as Felicity Smoak in Season 1 of "Arrow," it was only meant to be for one episode. It's a testament to her talent and pitch-perfect portrayal of the character that she was not only promoted to series regular, but became one of the most popular and pivotal parts of the entire show. At different times throughout the series, Felicity is both the funniest comic relief character and the most qualified hero — the heart of Team Arrow, as well the heart of the show.

Who is she really? She's a brilliant quick-thinker with exceptional wit, a tendency to get lost in her work, and a selfless personality. Felicity knows her worth, but she never chooses the spotlight herself. It's all of these traits combined that make Felicity such an ideal match for the Earth sign Virgo, worn by those born between August 23 and September 22. Known for being hardworking and a bit shy, Virgos are the people to talk to if you need a bunch of ideas really fast. Felicity certainly fits that description, as she's always the one either figuring out the mystery at hand or coming up with some unorthodox strategy. Capable, trustworthy, and wholly unique, Felicity is a worthy standard-bearer for the Virgos of the world.

Aries: Slade Wilson
Taurus: Rene Ramirez
Gemini: Curtis Holt
Cancer: Quentin Lance
Leo: Tommy Merlyn
Virgo: Felicity Smoak
Libra: Laurel Lance
Scorpio: Malcolm Merlyn
Sagittarius: Roy Harper
Capricorn: Oliver Queen
Aquarius: John Diggle
Pisces: Thea Queen

Edited by tv echo

KATRINA LAW
MARCH 28, 2022
https://www.thebaremagazine.com/home/katrina-law

Bare:  What have been a few career game changing highlights?
KL:
My initial career game changer was Spartacus.  It was my first series regular gig. We shot in gorgeous New Zealand, it was swords and sandals.  I was surrounded by a talented cast, crew, and writing staff. I couldn’t have asked for a more epic project to be a part of. 

Arrow was probably the next game changer for me. Getting thrown into the DC world and being given the opportunity to bring someone like Nyssa to life was a dream come true.  

And then all roads lead to NCIS. NCIS has turned out to be the dream job that I never even knew I wanted. Great cast. Great crew. Great writers. Great producers. Amazing fans.  I’m praying for Season 20 and beyond. 

Edited by tv echo

TV Pet Peeves and Tropes: 25+ Things TV Needs to Stop Doing... Immediately!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 3 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-pet-peeves-tropes/ 

TALK NERDY TO ME
Asking the jargon-spewing tech whiz to “put it in English” — because he/she simply hasn’t learned to speak more plainly, even after years of working with you/fielding your inevitable, glazed-eye follow-up question. (As noted here, Arrow once did it three times in a single episode.)

(edited)

‘Arrow’ & ‘The Hobbit’ Star Manu Bennett Joins Constantin Movie ‘Perfect Addiction’; Filming Begins Monday In Poland
By Andreas Wiseman   April 1, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/04/arrow-hobbit-manu-bennett-perfect-addiction-ross-butler-1234992345/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Arrow and The Hobbit actor Manu Bennett is joining Kiana Madeira (Trinkets), Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why) and Matthew Noszka (Star) in YA movie Perfect Addiction.

Filming is due to get underway in Poland on Monday.

Written by Stephanie Sanditz (The High Life) and to be directed by Castille Landon (Fear of Rain), the story centers on successful boxing trainer Sienna Lane, who discovers that her boyfriend Jax, the reigning champion, has been cheating on her with her own sister. She sets out to get revenge by training the one man capable of dethroning him: his arch-nemesis Kayden. Bennett will play Julian, the MMA coach to Kiana Madeira’s Sienna.
The film is based on Claudia Tan’s bestselling novel that garnered 81 million reads on social storytelling platform Wattpad. It won the People’s Choice Award at the 2015 Wattys.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

KC's new movie, Agent Game, will be released in theaters (select locations) and online (digital and on demand) this Friday - I only found one critic's review so far and this critic gave the movie a score of 2/5 ("Rotten" on RottenTomatoes.com)...

Movie Review – Agent Game (2022)
APRIL 4, 2022 BY ROBERT KOJDER
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2022/04/movie-review-agent-game-2022/ 

Spoiler

The first thing director Grant S. Johnson (using a script from writers Tyler W. Konney and Mike Langer) does with Agent Game is disorienting any sense of time by starting at the end of the story, flashing back five weeks earlier, then three weeks earlier, juggling those stories to confusion. Each of those portions contains different teams working together to accomplish an objective.

Harris and Bill (Dermot Mulroney and Jason Isaacs) are CIA operators working alongside Visser (Annie Ilonzeh), who answers to Mel Gibson’s Olsen at the top of the chain of command. The operatives are tasked with putting on a good cop/bad cop routine (the men are rough, whereas Visser attempts to earn trust) at a black site interrogating Omar (Barkhad Abdi), coming into a sizable amount of money working with an organization that he claims is for charity. It turns out that the group is connected to terrorist operations unbeknownst to Omar, although he may still have helpful information. These three CIA operatives also might have ulterior motives, making for a series of mind games among manipulating the prisoner.
Elsewhere, a ragtag group of private contractors is tasked with kidnapping Harris, which doesn’t bring forth as many questions as one would think. The games are pretty easy to see for as tricky and unpredictable Agent Game tries to be. Nevertheless, some military personalities are mildly amusing with vastly different behavior as they try to function as a cohesive unit. Kavinski (Adan Canto) is the closest one to a leader and also happens to be receiving secret messages regarding what to do next, Miller (Katie Cassidy) is the calm and collected token female capable of diffusing whatever verbal arguments the men start, and Reese (Rhys Coiro) is the jokester of the bunch.

Soon, they find themselves on a plane ready to deliver an unconscious Harris somewhere, but just as quickly, they realize something is off about the whole ordeal.

As Agent Game rotates timelines, it is somehow both messy and predictable. There’s no question where any of this is going based on the opening scene alone, but the motivations of these characters and optics of this mission are muddled and frankly not worth bothering to break down.
... The actors are trying to give these characters a sense of distinction, and some of them are intermittently entertaining to watch, but it’s mostly a shoulder-shrug of forgettable chaos. There are more incompetent works in crafting bombastic set pieces, but Agent Game is equally frustrating for another reason entirely: it sequel-baits, assuming people will want more of this generic sludge. It’s tolerable, and the interrogation segments are acceptable enough, coasting off decent work from Dermot Mulroney and Jason Isaacs, but the material here is stretched thin for a non-ending and promises of more to come. What a cruel game to play on an audience.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Agent Game now has 6 reviews posted at Rotten Tomatoes (all "Rotten" scores)...

Film Review: ‘Agent Game’: Director Grant S. Johnson’s Convoluted Spy Thriller
BY MICHAEL CLARK   APRIL 5, 2022
https://www.theepochtimes.com/film-review-agent-game-director-grant-s-johnsons-convoluted-spy-thriller_4383866.html

If Agent Game fails to recoup or exceed its (as of yet unknown) budget (likely 20-40 million), there wont be a sequel and well be left with the memory of a pretty good movie which failed to deliver on its promising build up and left us hanging.

Agent Game Review  
Review by Brian Orndorf, April 6, 2022    
https://www.blu-ray.com/Agent-Game/1495941/#Review

... However, a grand plan for thriller cinema isn’t executed with any noticeable gusto by director Grant S. Johnson, who’s dealing with a limited budget and dull writing. “Agent Game” isn’t motivated to be anything more than an acting exercise, and those expecting something more aggressive are left with little to enjoy with what’s basically a filmed play.

AGENT GAME
ONE GUYS OPINION   APRIL 7, 2022
https://www.oneguysopinion.com/agent-game/

... “Agent Game” proves to be the equivalent of a long, tedious game of chess that could have been resolved with a single move at the beginning.

Agent Game
Review by Mark Dujsik | April 7, 2022
http://www.markreviewsmovies.com/reviews/A/agentgame.htm

To be slightly fair to Agent Game, it does intrinsically have a steadily cynical perspective on matters such as rendition, harsh interrogation, and the lengths to which the people who oversee these practices will go to maintain that immoral status quo. This, of course, feels like the bare minimum of reactions to such things, so in that regard, the movie is consistent in its dedication to the bare minimum.

FREEZE FRAME: “All the Old Knives” (R), “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” (PG), “Agent Game” (R)
Hosted by Russ Simmons • April 8, 2022
https://kkfi.org/program-episodes/freeze-frame-all-the-old-knives-r-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-pg-agent-game-r/

... The double-crossing plot gets more and more ridiculous as the movie progresses and the action scenes rely way too much on disorienting, herky-jerky camerawork. And, hey, cinematographer, would it kill you to turn on a light once in a while? “Agent Game” isn’t worth playing.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

In this interview with ComicBookMovie.com's Josh Wilding, KC talked mostly about her new movie, Agent Game (including her hopes for a sequel with her character), but she also talked about The CW's decision not to move forward with Green Arrow & the Canaries, why she's happy to leave Black Canary behind, getting the rights to and writing a pilot for a book franchise called Beauty Is the Beast, her upcoming directing gig on Daddy Issues, shooting a political short film, and her hopes to star in a Call of Duty movie down the line (she really, really wants to star in a video game movie)...

Katie Cassidy talks moving on from the Arrowverse, video game hopes, and standout role in Agent Game
Josh Wilding    Apr 8, 2022

-- When asked if The CW "missed the trick" in not moving forward with Green Arrow & the Canaries and if she was "bothered" by that decision, KC (shaking her head): "No... I say this in the most respectful, kind, realistic way... We really, really milked that cow. Like, come on, let's just - you evolve, you grow, you - hopefully, I love learning, so I - you know, I love acting, but also I want to do more, you know, stepping back into - I started in features, stepping back into features. Now I'm directing. I'm directing this movie with Marina Studios, uh, producing, uh, called Daddy Issues... And I'm writing... And just this creative side of me, I'm really tapping into. I never really had time to, because I've just been acting. And I love acting, my whole life. I just want to grow. And not that I wouldn't have loved for the show to go, because I loved working with everyone. But, let's do something different. Let's shake some sh*t up! Like, we know about the superheroes. We've been there! What's next? It's almost like how there was vampires, then there was like the Twilight thing. Now it's like, superheroes have been cool, and they are cool for... like a decade, and they will forever be cool, but now let's go to like aliens again or - I don't know, monsters. Things evolve. And then maybe we'll go to space with aliens and monsters. (Laughs) I don't know."

-- When asked if it was almost a "happy separation" to move on from playing Black Canary, KC: "Yeah... It's not to say she's gone. I'd happily go on any of those shows. I love those people. They're my family. I have so much gratitude. But, I think, at some point you gotta let - that's why they say, good things don't last forever. Like, you grow and you evolve and you move on. But it's so amazing when I run into contact with these - they're my family. When I see them at conventions or see them at other places, and it's like, oh my gosh... It feels like - it's almost like the cast of Friends probably felt - that's how tight we were. I miss them. I love them. But they're all killin' it, too. So I'm glad for them... and this is life. We're just figuring it out." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Three additional critics' reviews for Agent Game have been posted at Rotten Tomatoes (also "Rotten")...

Agent Game
Glenn Kenny April 08, 2022
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/agent-game-movie-review-2022

Looking as if it was often shot in complete darkness or something like it, “Agent Game” is murky nonsense that aspires to get by on what it considers to be a trenchant cynicism about geopolitical chess. 

Capsule reviews for April 8
Todd Jorgenson  8 April 2022
http://cinemalogue.com/2022/04/08/capsule-reviews-for-april-8/

With considerably more talk than action, this low-budget espionage thriller strands a talented ensemble in a maze of shifting loyalties and government corruption that never musters any meaningful intrigue or suspense. .... The film, apparently shot mostly in dark warehouses, is so formulaic that even the implied scope of its vast international conspiracies fails to heighten the stakes, or make us care about the outcome. The cast includes Dermot Mulroney, Adan Canto, and Mel Gibson. (Rated R, 89 minutes).

Agent Game: Review
Joel Fisher    April 8, 2022
https://battleroyalewithcheese.com/2022/04/agent-game-review/

Agent Game is quite dull, generic and feels like it’s from a time gone by. There are a couple of twists, but they too seem predictable and a film that was made because it had been a while since the last one.

AGENT GAME - "Unsecure Messages" Scene (2022) Mel Gibson, Katie Cassidy, Annie Ilonzeh, Barkhad Abdi
V Media    Apr 8, 2022

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

To listen to Den of Geek's full interview with SA, go to article link...

Stephen Amell Reflects on the Legacy of Arrow
By Mike Cecchini    April 7, 2022
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/stephen-amell-reflects-on-legacy-of-arrow/ 

Amell is now the star of Starz’s Heels, a drama about the ups and downs of an independent professional wrestling company. I spoke to the actor back in September 2021 as that show was preparing to wrap its first season, and the subject of Arrow inevitably came up. And while we’ve yet to officially celebrate ten years of Arrow on TV, we’ve just hit the decade mark since Amell was cast as Oliver Queen. And when this interview was conducted in 2021, DC was celebrating the 80th anniversary of Green Arrow. When I mentioned all this to Amell he brought up a fun fact from the pilot episode of the series…

“In the pilot episode when I threaten Adam Hunt and I tell him to transfer something to Starling City Bank…it was bank account 1141,” Amell says. “That is November 1941, in honor of [the first comic book appearance of] Green Arrow…10 years, that’s 1/8 of the time that this character has been around. So I think of myself as a I’m an ambassador for the character. I got to wear the hat with the feather, so to speak, but not done the goatee for a short period of time, and that makes me very proud.” 
Not only did Amell play Oliver Queen through eight seasons of Arrow, plus assorted guest appearances, he was able to do what only an elite handful of superhero actors have ever been given the opportunity for: he got to finish his character’s story. And in appropriately heroic fashion, no less. It was fitting that the Green Arrow’s story ended with Crisis on Infinite Earths, and that the character who started it all ended up being the key to saving the multiverse.

“What means a great deal to me is we did get to control the ending,” he says. “That happens so rarely. To have that conversation with Greg Berlanti during the sixth season, and to decide that seven and then a truncated version of the eighth season would wrap up the story, it’s just such a blessing, because we got to do it the right way. We got to say goodbye to people in the right way. In my opinion, the way it should end for any superhero without superpowers is in the ground. Although I think Oliver just turned into energy. So you know, never say never.”

Of course, after that “never say never” quote, I had to ask if he could ever see himself picking up Oliver’s bow again.

“Oh, sure. I owe so much to the people of DC, The CW, and Warner Bros. Television. I love the character so much and only love it more now that it’s coming up on two years since we wrapped the show….But having a little space now, I saw that I miss it. I do look back very, very, very fondly on it….Listen, I’m the namesake. So if I can ever be of any any help, if I can be of service to the Arrowverse in any way, shape or form, or better still take it to a new place, which I think would be the more interesting route to go, be that in a limited capacity or on a different platform, maybe one where we could show blood, that’d be really cool.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

How Arrow Changed Comic Book Shows And No One Noticed
BY NICHOLAS YANES       APRIL 8, 2022
https://www.looper.com/826238/how-arrow-changed-comic-book-shows-and-no-one-noticed/ 

But none of this proved to be a hindrance. In fact, "Arrow" ended up creating a new standard for comic book shows. Though it's far from the first superhero series, it transformed the way these stories are brought to the small screen, the way they're marketed, and the storytelling scope they can aim for. It's no wonder, really, that "Arrow" launched multiple spin-offs and brought the DC multiverse to live-action life before the DCEU films did. We're here to explore how "Arrow" changed comic book shows forever, right under everyone's noses.
In proving that overlooked characters could still be made relevant and cool, "Arrow" found major success. This triumph allowed it to bring bigger names into its orbit, which ended up making the show even more exciting, rather than tarnishing the roped-in A-listers. This directly led to shows like "Supergirl" bringing in heavy-hitters like Superman, and an overall richer and more complex fictional universe.
Then "Arrow" arrived. Not only does "Arrow" make Oliver Queen's classically superheroic outfit look awesome, the series successfully adapts comic book stories without ever becoming hokey. Characters wear domino masks, storylines tip into melodrama, and alternate universes like Earth-2 make major appearances. "Arrow" proved that comic book shows could triumph without having to pretend to be something they aren't. Masks, over-the-top bad guys, and colorful superpowers aren't a death knell — they can even be a show's biggest asset.
Crucially, the Arrowverse has gone on to celebrate female friendships, rather than define its fictional women by the men in their lives. These aren't shallow butt-kickers or wilting flowers — they're fully fleshed-out characters in their own right, with their own complicated links to the world around them. "Arrow" acted as a signal flare, indicating that the success of comic book shows was not dependent on highlighting men and excluding women. Shows like "Supergirl" and "Batwoman" followed up on this in spectacular fashion.
The transmedia nature of "Arrow" is so distinct that academic Charles Joseph of the University of Rennes has written about how this element of the show contributed to its success. Before "Arrow" came along, "Smallville" produced comic books as a sequel to the show. In contrast, the comics that tie in to "Arrow" were published as part of the show's ongoing narrative. This creates a unique link between the show and the comic book medium from which it springs. "Arrow" thus became a truly transmedia experience, with consumption of its storytelling taking place across multiple mediums at the same time. This set a new foundation for transmedia work that other live-action superhero shows could follow.
The "Arrowverse" that emerged from these interconnected shows is groundbreaking and incredibly unique, as one of the most complex superhero narratives to ever hit TV. In pulling this off, "Arrow" proved that a comic book show could successfully juggle a variety of standalone and interwoven story arcs, just as its ink-and-paper source material can.
Simply put, the Arrowverse beat the DC Extended Universe to building a coherent live-action universe based on DC Comics. While many DC movies have definitely enjoyed success in the intervening years, the fact remains that "Arrow" did it first, faster, and in some fans' minds, better.
Arrow" shows that a comic book show doesn't need to rely on an identical story formula for every episode, or constantly reset things back to the status quo. Characters can make mistakes, experience life-changing events, and become different people, while still being popular. In fact, this kind of growth might even make a character more popular.

Edited by tv echo