Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Jesse Jackson Jr. got 30 months in prison for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds and his wife got one year too.  They have school age children. I don't know if campaign finance abuse is considered more or less egregious than mortgage/ bankruptcy fraud.

• Love 3

I don't know the answer, but I'll chime in and say I very much doubt they'll deport him. This is where family considerations come into play. His entire family lives here, his wife and daughters are US citizens, his mother is now a widow, he served his time (presumably), and lastly - he will still owe the Govt. a shitload of money. (Not to mention the millions he will owe his creditors who will likely sue). I don't know how easy it is to collect from another country!

I don't think he will be deported either but IF he is, there may be a problem with Teresa being getting into Italy!

• Love 1

Lotus-the US Attorneys office won't make a pre-sentencing statement.  I agree it is a good PR move by Teresa's attorney's office.  As they say wishing doesn't always make it so.  

Except they did - the U.S. Atty himself, Paul Fishman, gave a statement in front of mics and cameras outside the courthouse after Joe and Teresa pled guilty back in March. But nobody's talking about that. Only the PR bullshit spin that is coming out of the defense team on a constant basis. And apparently it's working, cuz so many people (incl. all the dumb gossip web sites "reporting" on this story) are buying it.

• Love 1

Although Mr. Lablover, Esq. hates this reality shit, we had a chat on what he thinks would happen tomorrow.  "It's great advertisement" for the government.  "Go soft on a reality star is not the statement they will want to make."  For what's that worth.  Not much, I know, but even he is now wondering what happens tomorrow.  But he's a pissed off tax paying man.  "Lots of felons have kids." 

I never ever thought there would be other family attending the hearing tomorrow.  I am really wondering what their statements will be in court.

Enjoy the insomnia tonight Tre.  If freaking sucks, we know. 

• Love 3

I think this goes to why so many think Teresa is going to get off without prison time. She, her lawyers, her PR team, and Bravo, have all put out the "probation-only/think about the girls/this was Joe's scheme" message, and like properly executed propaganda, it's worked.

Note that none of this line of thinking has come from the U.S. Attys Office, or any credible legal or news source.

As the old saying goes, consider the source.

That's cool and I agree. While i don't think it serves justice, that's just my bet in the pool/poll.

Except they did - the U.S. Atty himself, Paul Fishman, gave a statement in front of mics and cameras outside the courthouse after Joe and Teresa pled guilty back in March. But nobody's talking about that. Only the PR bullshit spin that is coming out of the defense team on a constant basis. And apparently it's working, cuz so many people (incl. all the dumb gossip web sites "reporting" on this story) are buying it.

Here is his statement. . . nothing about sentencing. . .drat  http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Giudice,%20Giuseppe%20and%20Teresa%20Pleas%20PR.html

Does it make for a better story if they report probation and she gets prison time or does it make for a better story if the report prison time and she gets probation?  I don't know. . . .

Although Mr. Lablover, Esq. hates this reality shit, we had a chat on what he thinks would happen tomorrow.  "It's great advertisement" for the government.  "Go soft on a reality star is not the statement they will want to make."  For what's that worth.  Not much, I know, but even he is now wondering what happens tomorrow.  But he's a pissed off tax paying man.  "Lots of felons have kids." 

I never ever thought there would be other family attending the hearing tomorrow.  I am really wondering what their statements will be in court.

Enjoy the insomnia tonight Tre.  If freaking sucks, we know. 

About 10 years ago we had some neighbors husband and wife with two children,(not friends) who were indicted and convicted of BK fraud and he got 18 months and she got 12 months.  The judge staggered the sentences with him going first, he did about 9 months at Club Fed, then some time in a halfway house-so he could work and then home confinement for 2 months or something.  The wife spent about every last cent she could lay her hands on trying to get her sentence modified.  IIRC she may have gotten two months shaved off.  It forever put me off the idea of staggered sentences.  I figure with Joe going away for four years Teresa will get whatever time she gets erased to nothing.  My exception would be if she went first.  

I agree with Mr. Lablover, Esq., it is the government's PSA and they need to use it wisely.  If the government gave away the store on the plea deal they have no one to blame but themselves.  When the defense attorneys are crowing about what a great deal they got for their clients -it is a gift. 

• Love 2

Here is his statement. . . nothing about sentencing. . .drat  http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Giudice,%20Giuseppe%20and%20Teresa%20Pleas%20PR.html

I cited his presser outside of the courthouse, where he fielded questions, incl. whether or not they would go to prison. He answered by stating the sentencing guidelines listed in the plea agreement - up to 27 months for Teresa, and up to 48 for Joe.

But I'm glad you posted that link. It's a good read for anyone that doesn't get the severity of what they did, and a good counterpoint to all of this "house arrest" defense spin.

• Love 3

. What reputable bank would accept that Teresa made the inflated amounts of money that they claimed? How do you even make a phony tax return?

My daughter and I recently went through a re-finance of the house I live in and she owns. We owned the house for ten years, made considerable improvements and had a record of perfect on-time payments for ten years! The hoops we had to jump through were unbelievable!

The financial institutions that made those loans and the appraisers and underwriters were washing money or otherwise compensated. The laws are made for the banks alone and they escape even though they were negligent or criminal. There is way more to this story.

I wish the mortgage brokers involved in the Guidice scams were also being charged. I too think they were involved as far as knowing Tre and Joe were making up documents but didn't care as long as they were getting a commission on closing the deal. What really pisses me off is I read the banks get paid back first! IMO, the contractors and small businesses who got shafted should be first in line for repayment, not the banks who can 1) more easily absorb the loss than a small business can and 2) were involved in the fraud in the first place.

• Love 4

About 10 years ago we had some neighbors husband and wife with two children,(not friends) who were indicted and convicted of BK fraud and he got 18 months and she got 12 months.  The judge staggered the sentences with him going first, he did about 9 months at Club Fed, then some time in a halfway house-so he could work and then home confinement for 2 months or something.  The wife spent about every last cent she could lay her hands on trying to get her sentence modified.  IIRC she may have gotten two months shaved off.  It forever put me off the idea of staggered sentences.  I figure with Joe going away for four years Teresa will get whatever time she gets erased to nothing.  My exception would be if she went first.  

I'm hoping (and nearly ready to pray) that Teresa serves first.

• Love 1

I think this goes to why so many think Teresa is going to get off without prison time. She, her lawyers, her PR team, and Bravo, have all put out the "probation-only/think about the girls/this was Joe's scheme" message, and like properly executed propaganda, it's worked.

Note that none of this line of thinking has come from the U.S. Attys Office, or any credible legal or news source.

As the old saying goes, consider the source.

My reason for thinking Teresa will get house arrest has nothing to do with PR messages or statement from anyone. It's based on my jaded view that justice is not always served. It seems to me that shitty people often times get away with things while those who really do make an honest mistake  - or those who don't have millions to spend on a defense team - get the shaft. I think posters here are basing their guesses on sentencing on gut feelings not because they are buying into the PR or Bravo propaganda or waht a blogger may say.

• Love 3

With the possible exception of their parents, no one will be there. The Bravo clan - Melissa, Joe, Kathy, Rosie, etc... only show support for the cameras. In real life, they don't want to be associated with what's going down tomorrow. And for Teresa and Joe (Teresa esp.) - they don't want anyone there, either. It's humiliating. Remember - this is THE moment where they have to cop to everything they did. It's Teresa's worst nightmare.

i would want the decks stacked with friendly faces rather than my unpaid creditors and people like Kim G.

I cited his presser outside of the courthouse, where he fielded questions, incl. whether or not they would go to prison. He answered by stating the sentencing guidelines listed in the plea agreement - up to 27 months for Teresa, and up to 48 for Joe.

But I'm glad you posted that link. It's a good read for anyone that doesn't get the severity of what they did, and a good counterpoint to all of this "house arrest" defense spin.

I was kind of thinking in terms of something more recent. . . akin to the defense's.

My reason for thinking Teresa will get house arrest has nothing to do with PR messages or statement from anyone. It's based on my jaded view that justice is not always served. It seems to me that shitty people often times get away with things while those who really do make an honest mistake - or those who don't have millions to spend on a defense team - get the shaft. I think posters here are basing their guesses on sentencing on gut feelings not because they are buying into the PR or Bravo propaganda or waht a blogger may say.

But isn't that how propaganda works? It seeps into our subconscience. So anyone watching the show this season or posting here is subjected to it. And that's why I agree that people are basing their guesses on gut feelings, as opposed to legal facts and precedents. Also, I understand (and share) your jaded view about shitty people getting away with things. What I don't understand is people thinking Joe will serve time, but Teresa won't. If you read the plea agreements, they're virtually identical, save one count. And they both have a high-cost defense team. So how will justice be served for one defendant, but not the other? Is it old fashioned sexism? Teresa is the not-so-bright wife who didn't know what she was doing? And needs to take care of her "four beautiful daughters?" Hmm....where'd I get that from?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 1

I was kind of thinking in terms of something more recent. . . akin to the defense's.

The prosecutors don't need to work the blogs or worry about public perception. They have the guilty pleas and the law on their side. Their big day is tomorrow.

• Love 3

My concern that Teresa will get away without actually serving any time has to do with the fact that she just seems to get away with shit. Things seem to just work out for Teresa. This is a gal who was proven as a fraud almost from the beginning when they filed for BR. Yet she was able to spend lavishly right in the public eye and her popularity flourished despite the flaws in her character. She got book deal after book deal. People bought these books that contained fairly rudimentary recipes just because they liked her. She is able to make deals to sell wine, food, hair care products. Folks line up to see her at events. Even when she gets charged with crimes, even when she pleads guilty to them, she is still able to maintain partnerships with these folks. This is unusual in most circumstances. She gets to live in the house, have the vacation home, carry nice purses. Even when Bravo was filming this season, and no doubt wanted to stir up some drama with all their legal issues, they can find no one to come on and tell the truth about Teresa. This is a medium where people will sell out their own families for a bit of fame, yet these people won't work with Bravo to throw shit at Teresa. They have to resort to bringing on people they fired just to get some basic honesty about their plight, and it comes in the form of Kathy's mother. Who the fuck would have thought it would be an 80 year old woman speaking the truth about this issue?

I use to be certain she would "go away". I was quite passionate about it and thought many of the fans Teresa use to have were nuts at best, and as delusional as Teresa at worst, for thinking she could avoid prison. I get that this will be a judge determining her fate. Someone who is dealing with logic, the law, and using rational thinking. I completely understand the rule of law and that there is every reason to believe she will be sentenced to prison. I still just get a bad feeling.

• Love 9

MCM - I get what you're saying, but my take on it is this - people are dumb, Lady Justice is not.

And ditto to SFoster's sentiments.

OK. Y'all have made me feel better. I am going to go start getting the snacks ready for tomorrow. Regardless of the time of day the sentence is handed down, I will celebrate with a good bottle of wine. This is something the cast of this show will no doubt look forward to doing once Teresa is gone and they don't have to pretend to like Fabellini anymore.

• Love 4

OK. Y'all have made me feel better. I am going to go start getting the snacks ready for tomorrow. Regardless of the time of day the sentence is handed down, I will celebrate with a good bottle of wine. This is something the cast of this show will no doubt look forward to doing once Teresa is gone and they don't have to pretend to like Fabellini anymore.

I don't know what time zone you live in but the sentencing is at 10-am EDT-a little early for us here-even in wine country.  Reminds me of the commercial for the new show "Bad Judge", where she says she has wine and cake for breakfast.

• Love 1

But isn't that how propaganda works? It seeps into our subconscience.

My opinion on Tre's sentencing is NOT based on propaganda it's based on things I've seen in my life. For you to make the assumption that those who disagree with your point of view are brainwashed or tools of propaganda is insulting. We are all entitled to an opinion - even if it's not yours. People have gut feelings are based on past experiences, things they've seen happen, which makes them believe it may happen again.

• Love 4

Round and round they go, where they land, nobody knows....

Pool Predictions: 

Teresa:

probation

house arrest

house arrest and probation

> 4 months 

4-5 months, then house arrest 

6 months 

6 to 9 months 

8 months 

8 months house arrest

9 months

9 months, 12 nonths probation

12 months

12 months, 6 months supervised release at home

18 months 

22 months 

2 years 

21 to 27 months

Joe 

<18 months

24 months 18 months served at home

27 months

30 months 

35 months

36 months 

36 months with no deportation

37 to 46 months

39 months

42 months 

42 months, then probation 

46 months     

5 years state time merged

5 years time off for good behavior, home in 18 months.  

They will get a movie of the week, spinoff, and/or book deal and all debts will be forgiven.

The winner will be determined by the person whose predictions are closest to both sentences without going over. 

The following gifts may be award for the winner:            

* Phaedra Parks' Donkey Booty      workout DVD.

* Sonja Morgan's Toaster Oven.

* A Kim Zolciak Signature Wig.

* A year supply of Milania Hair Care.

* A pair of Jill Zarin's Skweez    Couture Shapewear.

* A pair of Adrienne Maloof’s Hoofs.

• Love 6

My opinion on Tre's sentencing is NOT based on propaganda it's based on things I've seen in my life. For you to make the assumption that those who disagree with your point of view are brainwashed or tools of propaganda is insulting. We are all entitled to an opinion - even if it's not yours. People have gut feelings are based on past experiences, things they've seen happen, which makes them believe it may happen again.

I was talking about people who think Joe will get time, but not Teresa - based on defense team spin vs. facts. I have no idea if that's you - I'm not keeping tabs on everyone's predictions. Like I said earlier, if people get away with crimes because they have high-priced lawyers, why will Joe get prison, and Teresa get a slap on the wrist? I don't understand the reasoning. And if anyone's answer to that is: well that's just what my gut tells me, then alrighty then. Viva la difference.

• Love 1

My concern that Teresa will get away without actually serving any time has to do with the fact that she just seems to get away with shit. Things seem to just work out for Teresa. This is a gal who was proven as a fraud almost from the beginning when they filed for BR. Yet she was able to spend lavishly right in the public eye and her popularity flourished despite the flaws in her character. She got book deal after book deal. People bought these books that contained fairly rudimentary recipes just because they liked her. She is able to make deals to sell wine, food, hair care products. Folks line up to see her at events. Even when she gets charged with crimes, even when she pleads guilty to them, she is still able to maintain partnerships with these folks. This is unusual in most circumstances. She gets to live in the house, have the vacation home, carry nice purses. Even when Bravo was filming this season, and no doubt wanted to stir up some drama with all their legal issues, they can find no one to come on and tell the truth about Teresa. This is a medium where people will sell out their own families for a bit of fame, yet these people won't work with Bravo to throw shit at Teresa. They have to resort to bringing on people they fired just to get some basic honesty about their plight, and it comes in the form of Kathy's mother. Who the fuck would have thought it would be an 80 year old woman speaking the truth about this issue?

Mob ties (vis-a-vis the  Gotti connection)? I really can't fathom why everyone aside from Teresa's aunt is so afraid to call a spade a spade. Reality TV is a medium notorious for bashing. Odd indeed. It's not like Teresa is "America's sweetheart" or anything.

• Love 2

Mob ties (vis-a-vis the  Gotti connection)? I really can't fathom why everyone aside from Teresa's aunt is so afraid to call a spade a spade. Reality TV is a medium notorious for bashing. Odd indeed. It's not like Teresa is "America's sweetheart" or anything.

It really is odd, isn't it? But I think the answer is pretty obvious when you think about reality TV. Scripted story lines and money. Bravo gave everyone the script, and they're all reading their lines and doing what they're told. All for their pay checks and everything else that their stint on reality TV gives them.

• Love 1

Teresa's fans are starting to have literal meltdowns over on All About TRH. It's pretty funny.

Zoeysmom - maybe you shouldn't try to argue with crazy (nice effort though). I didn't know that you really were Kim G or one of Melissa's sisters. All your multiple posts under different user names is pretty sneaky too. Apparently if you weren't such a hater you wouldn't be single, miserable and on welfare.

• Love 2

It really is odd, isn't it? But I think the answer is pretty obvious when you think about reality TV. Scripted story lines and money. Bravo gave everyone the script, and they're all reading their lines and doing what they're told. All for their pay checks and everything else that their stint on reality TV gives them.

If I were Siren's media and the ratings had dropped as much as they had-I would have the WWHL time slot devoted to past and present RHONJ reaction to the sentencing.  Quality people like Kim G, Kim D, Johnny the Greek, Penny, Bald guy and then move on to Danielle (who would be phony as hell), Jac, the Manzo family,  Greg Bennett, the woman who was friends with Lil Kim, Jan, the husbands, Danielle's ex-con friend.  It would be interesting to hear their comments.

• Love 3

Teresa's fans are starting to have literal meltdowns over on All About TRH. It's pretty funny.

WTF? Do they think she's not guilty even though she pleaded guilty? Or do they think Tre is so special she shouldn't have to pay taxes? Unbelievable she still has fans.

• Love 4

Zoeysmom - maybe you shouldn't try to argue with crazy (nice effort though). I didn't know that you really were Kim G or one of Melissa's sisters. All your multiple posts under different user names is pretty sneaky too. Apparently if you weren't such a hater you wouldn't be single, miserable and on welfare.

You forgot all my friends have mug shots. That kind of came out of nowhere.  The chick going after everyone over there.  Apparently, if you call Teresa a felon or feel she should do time, you hate children or something ridiculous.  I think there is a core group of about 10 that will not take it well if Teresa gets time.

• Love 3

Those same posters are doing the same thing to people not supporting Teresa on FB as well, they just use different names. I think they even copied/pasted their comments between the 2 sites! LOL The personal attacks are on the rise for the next few hours at both sites if you think/voice that Teresa should serve time behind bars!

• Love 1

Think of the children happy kitteh, the poor innocent children. Of course these are the same people who've said horrible things about everybody else's children (ie, Melissa's children have dead, soulless eyes because of their whore Mother). Who really knows? It's fucking hysterical though.

• Love 3

Those same posters are doing the same thing to people not supporting Teresa on FB as well, they just use different names. I think they even copied/pasted their comments between the 2 sites! LOL The personal attacks are on the rise for the next few hours at both sites if you think/voice that Teresa should serve time behind bars!

Here is the thing the time to support Teresa may very well be after her sentencing.  Prayers are great but between now and the time she may have to go away she needs lots of appearances and appearance fees.  If Teresa is going away I doubt she will be up to much more than the mandatory  Reunion appearance.  I think Bravo probably has withheld a substantial amount of pay to guarantee her appearance.

I am going to be so glad when this home repair project is done.  I have been a prisoner for six weeks.

WTF? Do they think she's not guilty even though she pleaded guilty? Or do they think Tre is so special she shouldn't have to pay taxes? Unbelievable she still has fans.

Think of the children happy kitteh, the poor innocent children. Of course these are the same people who've said horrible things about everybody else's children (ie, Melissa's children have dead, soulless eyes because of their whore Mother). Who really knows? It's fucking hysterical though.

Like I said, people are stupid.

• Love 3

I don't get the head loon in charge's point-there was one comment out of close to 400 hundred about Milania being a brat.  So if someone said something she didn't like they hated children or didn't pity the children.  I kept reading the children are victims.  What are they victims of child abuse?  Who is the abuser Tre and Joe?

The girls are simply minor children of the defendants-they really aren't a protected class.  It is weird science over there.

• Love 1

What is TRH??

I don't think Teresa will do much time as compared to Joe and I have since the very beginning, way before the attorneys said anything and it has nothing to do with their predictions. She is only up against a little over half as much time as Joe so it stand to reason she will get considerably less sentence.

• Love 2

Think of the children happy kitteh, the poor innocent children.

I too feel bad for the kids too, my heart breaks for them, but that doesn't mean Tre shouldn't have to pay for what she did. How do they not get that? Do they feel this way about the mom who was selling drugs, stealing food, or prostituting to feed her kids? Or is there a pass for moms who steal to buy designer clothes and marble mansions? I wish Tre and Joe had thought for  one second, just one second, "What if? What if we do get caught what happens to the kids?"

Maybe Tre's rabid fans can take up a collection to help pay her lawyers fees and pay down her debts, they love her so much.

• Love 4

I too feel bad for the kids too, my heart breaks for them, but that doesn't mean Tre shouldn't have to pay for what she did. How do they not get that? Do they feel this way about the mom who was selling drugs, stealing food, or prostituting to feed her kids? Or is there a pass for moms who steal to buy designer clothes and marble mansions? I wish Tre and Joe had thought for  one second, just one second, "What if? What if we do get caught what happens to the kids?"

Maybe Tre's rabid fans can take up a collection to help pay her lawyers fees and pay down her debts, they love her so much.

LOL, I have actually made that suggestion to several of them on FB but strangely there have been 0 takers! LOL

• Love 3

What is TRH??

I don't think Teresa will do much time as compared to Joe and I have since the very beginning, way before the attorneys said anything and it has nothing to do with their predictions. She is only up against a little over half as much time as Joe so it stand to reason she will get considerably less sentence.

All About the Real Housewives-it is a website that publishes about 5 or 6 stories every day.

LOL, I have actually made that suggestion to several of them on FB but strangely there have been 0 takers! LOL

All I can think of is the grocery chain that is launching Teresa's Gelato Bars next week.   Strange time to go into business with someone. 

• Love 2

I kept reading the children are victims.  What are they victims of child abuse?  Who is the abuser Tre and Joe?

If you think about it Tre and Joe kind of are child abusers. Not from a law enforcement point of view - they weren't beaten, they're clothed, well fed, taken care of. But from a moral point of view Tre and Joe put their needs above those of their children. They risked having their kids lose everything - their parents, their home, school, friends so they could live the high life. When you have kids THEIR needs, THEIR welfare must come first. They were willing to chance their children's security for material gain. Not to mention the way Gia has been paraded about this season on the show to gain sympathy for Tre. IMO, that was emotional abuse.

• Love 6

All I can think of is the grocery chain that is launching Teresa's Gelato Bars next week.   Strange time to go into business with someone. 

Maybe those gelato bars will be available in Club Fed through the  commissary.  

Okay, bad joke...I'm wondering if there's any sleeping going on tonight at Casa Guidice or if they're pacing the floors and counting down the hours.  

• Love 2

LOL, they are not even HER Gelato Bars, NOT her recipe! She is just the face on the package. Isn't the company located in Italy? Maybe they have no idea just how disliked she has become and/or how serious/deep trouble she is in. Most likely, she/and Joe were still saying she was innocent and going to fight the charges all the while knowing they were going to plead guilty. I am sure she cashed the check she received to be the "spokesperson" as soon as the check arrived and demanded to be paid in full in advanced!

• Love 1

LOL, they are not even HER Gelato Bars, NOT her recipe! She is just the face on the package. Isn't the company located in Italy? Maybe they have no idea just how disliked she has become and/or how serious/deep trouble she is in. Most likely, she/and Joe were still saying she was innocent and going to fight the charges all the while knowing they were going to plead guilty. I am sure she cashed the check she received to be the "spokesperson" as soon as the check arrived and demanded to be paid in full in advanced!

How about when her creditors start filing liens on all her product lines?

• Love 2