Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

S02•E20 - A Tradition of Secrets

I have been wondering since last episode why are they bringing in Damian Powell into the mix. Their current team dynamic is too smooth? Need some disruptions? Well, now we got the answer.

We know Vo as someone who is strong-willed and takes her job very seriously. She even declared to Andre in the first episode that she won’t date a co-worker. And now she easily falls into Damian’s bad boy charm, just like that??! Because Andre is dating someone else? Nahh…

Interesting COTW centered around Smitty. But I have to admit, having 2 douchebags in 1 case (Christopher Garretson & Phillipe Morand), it’s A LOT. 😣  

• Like 1
(edited)

S02•E20 - A Tradition of Secrets

A few episodes back, Special Agent Jamie Kellett was adamant that she could be objective despite the fact that the case involved her police officer boyfriend.
In this episode, Agent "Smitty" is adamant that she can remain objective despite the fact that the case involved her brother. 
Things are so much easier when you can cut and paste... writers on strike? , no problem... 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
grammar
  • Like 1

FBI: International | 2x21 - "Fed to the Sharks"

The Fly Team jets off to Portugal when the daughter of a prominent American hotelier becomes the primary suspect in the murder of an employee. Also, Raines becomes concerned about Vo.

Airdate: May 16, 2023

This was a good episode, I liked the case and it was a good mystery, I liked how it took good twists and turns and it was interesting how they figured out who did it. The woman was so pathetic, constantly calling out for her daddy. Good role for each team member and while I don’t care for the romance storyline between the new agent and Vo, I do like the new agent. 

• Like 5

Next week, listings are clearly marked "Season Finale" for FBI and FBI: Most Wanted. Strangely, FBI: International is just tagged as "New Episode".

Would be a bit odd if it is not the finale on May 23rd as it is for the other two. So I'm unsure if this is a simple error, or if this has an extra episode.

I guess we'll find out.

S02•E21 - Fed to the Sharks

Hey, it's nice to see Zoey McKenna again.

The COTW is pretty basic. It could be solved in 5 mins if not for all the twists & turns and Fatima's hesitance to provide the relevant CCTV footage. Alexis Prescott is such a whiny b!tch. She and her fiancé are two peas in a pod.

Francis Crane happily takes the hush money. I hope he's smart enough to have some kind of written agreement with the Prescott empire to save himself from any future incrimination. There's a lot of nasty secrets buried during that 30yrs tenure.

A clean-shaven Damian Powell may look more attractive now but I still don't trust him. He has been brought in for a reason. Good or bad, we don't know yet. And Vo is going to be caught up in the middle of it.

• Like 2
On 4/19/2023 at 6:14 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I had to stop watching last night.  I just hate these plots where the (usually) lead has a mortal enemy who will stop at nothing to get him/her. They always include crazy ass locations and situations and death defying stunts and almost killed but not quite scenes. It is so predictable and boring and although I like the show I am watching and the characters in it I simply could not care less about their nemesis or the convoluted plots the writers come up with to put our heroes in peril.  Enough already. All these kinds of shows have this crap.

I'm catching up, so a little late to the party but what bothered me the most about this particular plot was the fact that he went after Reines' girlfriend. Uh? So, someone kills your brother and you think, yeah, I'm going to revenge him by kidnapping some more or less random agent's girlfriend who I'm going to kill when said agent shows up instead of going after the agent who the guy I want to get back at had a relationship with? In what universe does that make sense?

I did like the episode in terms of team dynamic, though. I also liked that it wasn't the traditional "lone wolf" episode. Yes, Scott went at it alone but when agents normally do that, they go rogue whereas Scott was trusted to do this by Jamie and Smitty. So, that was a nice change.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Last night’s episode was just dull to me - too much personal stuff and I didn’t have a great memory of the previous episode from last season where the bad guy’s brother was killed, so it was kind of confusing. 

I had forgotten about that, too, and assumed it happened off-screen at some point. Oops. 😄

FBI: International | 2x22 - "Fencing the Mona Lisa" (Season Finale)

When a Russian missile is stolen and put on the black market in Budapest, the Fly Team must secure the weapon before a mysterious American arms broker delivers it into the wrong hands.

Airdate: May 23, 2023

Not a bad season finale - a lot of players to keep track of - but an interesting enough case. I didn’t see the cliffhanger ending coming - I wonder if everyone is okay?   
Powell was getting on my nerves, he went from normal to psycho in this episode, I really hope he turns it down a notch if he sticks around. 
Nice to see Tank again. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Nice to see Tank again. 

Great. Now I get to spend the whole summer worrying about Tank. And yes, I know it's not real.

A good season finale. Still don't like new guy. I don't buy that a sociopathic narcissist is going to make a selfless sacrifice for her son so she can miss me with the tender good bye to her kid scene. She may be very fond of the kid, but if it's between him and her, she will put herself first.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Great. Now I get to spend the whole summer worrying about Tank. And yes, I know it's not real.

A good season finale. Still don't like new guy. I don't buy that a sociopathic narcissist is going to make a selfless sacrifice for her son so she can miss me with the tender good bye to her kid scene. She may be very fond of the kid, but if it's between him and her, she will put herself first  

I think Tank is ok. Raines told him to stay put before running to the building and it seemed he went across the street and down, away from where Tank was. I will hope he’s ok!

The foreshadowing was really obvious at the end that something bad was going to happen but I really kept expecting Thornton to do something crazy to try to get away. I was not expecting the whole building to explode and for everyone to be in jeopardy.

I also don’t care for the new guy, or his relationship with Voo, so hopefully he’ll be the only casualty or he’ll survive but decide this isn’t the job for him. 

I guess it will be at least 2024 before we find out what happens. 

• Like 4

I really kind of want Raines and Vo to get together. Like a Rvo or whatever you want to call them.

But really Raines and Vo I like the most. Smitty is growing on me but can never replace Jaeger.

Yeah really Scott can be an ass at times. But he does care. And he was very smart to find out that the suspect the female one really was hiding something that you couldn't fool him. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm just sorry he and Vo hooked up

I think this was really out of character for her, she is very careful about relationships.  Not only is she unlikely to hook up with a team member, but why one she only knew a day, and had no idea if he could be discreet, not a stalker, etc  Did not ring true for me at all.

• Like 6

I'm thinking maybe everyone except new guy survives. They just welcomed him to the team before the explosion after some trust issues and not being sure he fit in with their group - and now he's gone. And then they could have some tragic storyline with Vo next season.

• Like 4

S02•E22 - Fencing the Mona Lisa

Luke Kleintank isn’t leaving the show, is he? I read some speculations online about Jamie taking over the Fly Team if Scott doesn’t survive the blast. This worries me.

Do I miss something or Damian suddenly becomes temperamental in this episode, only know one approach to solve problems? And Jamie is the only one who sees this as a red flag? 🙄

TANK!!! Fluffy and handsome as always! 💕   

• Like 1

I don't see the point of this new guy I liked the team dynamic as it was. Raines is my guy though and I liked how bad ass he was in the finale. He better survive that blast. 

• Like 3

The way Raines was running into that building and the blast stopped him cold, lifted him up and threw him backwards a long way and then consider the shrapnel flying about....no way a mere mortal would survive that. Let alone the people that were still in that building.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

On 5/26/2023 at 9:20 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

TANK!!! Fluffy and handsome as always! 💕

I was really glad to see Tank stay like the good boy he is — presumably outside of the blast radius. 

• Like 3

At times need to find a way to tone down Forrester. He can really be way too overzealous. He has trust issues. He wants his team to give him trust as he is the boss true.

But really he doesn't give them trust in return. Maybe due to his very estranged mom traitor. Maybe that is what Forrester has in the need for control. 

I miss Jaeger at times. Smitty I like but she is like an equal to them and younger. Jaeger really called Scott out on his arrogance and wasn't shy when she knew he was wrong and grudgingly, Scott admits when he is wrong with her.

But it seems nobody is pointing out his arrogance or maybe they are afraid to due to being the boss..

On 5/29/2023 at 8:34 AM, b4pjoe said:

The way Raines was running into that building and the blast stopped him cold, lifted him up and threw him backwards a long way and then consider the shrapnel flying about....no way a mere mortal would survive that. Let alone the people that were still in that building.

On shows like these, they usually find some mysterious stairwell (that was never there before) that can withstand the blast or, at least, shield them enough so that they can survive 😉

21 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

On shows like these, they usually find some mysterious stairwell (that was never there before) that can withstand the blast or, at least, shield them enough so that they can survive 😉

Oh I know there is no way any of the main cast will die. Miracles do happen in TV.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/20/2023 at 9:40 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

S02•E18 - Blood Feud

It’s Otis from Chicago Fire‼️

And a glimpse of Tank! 😍

They finally concluded the Vlad’s revenge plot and not dragging it into S3. Thank god! I never expect to see Novikoff again after the S1 finale.

If I were Maya, I will leave Andre, pronto. It’s just not worth it.

I was glad, Vlad didn't break into the safe house, like baddies do in almost all the different series. 

I felt bad for Lena when Scott Forrester found Gregor Lebegor dead in the park. But I figured when he said he went straight, that he would die. 

I liked that Maya fought back against Vladislov Padlovic, when he grabbed her and again with her gagged at the old rail yard. I am glad she didn't break it off with Andre Raines. It happens to often in these shows. Cops can only date cops, no please. Sorry Cameron Vo. 

I liked how Scott took Vlad down. The spike and the shot. I worried he would be only wounded, and taken away again. 

FBI: International Names New Showrunner Amid Dick Wolf Series Leadership Changes

FBI: International has promoted executive producer Matt Olmstead to the position of showrunner for the series’ upcoming Season 3, TVLine has learned.

The staffing change comes as Dick Wolf’s multiple primetime dramas on CBS and NBC shore up leadership for the TV season ahead and re-open their writers rooms following the Writers Guild of America strike.

Olmstead is a known entity at Wolf Entertainment; he previously served as showrunner on NBC’s Chicago Fire and co-created Chicago P.D.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Cast is getting younger and younger. As really nothing wrong but having Heida leave as really was getting to warm up to her. But that though I will be sad to see her go, wish her nothing but the best. But I really miss Christiane Paul as Jaeger was my favorite. Wished they could had found a way to keep her.

• Like 1

Pretty good season premiere, I liked how they wrapped up things from last season’s cliffhanger, and I liked the intro to the new female agent. Also it was awesome to see Jubal crossover and assist them from NYC - I really like the Jubal/Forrester friendship. 

It did seem a bit odd that Kellett would be leaving right after a catastrophic bombing like that, but I guess her transfer was already in place beforehand. Kellett was never my favorite anyway, I didn’t care for her soapy relationship with Forrester and I didn’t like how she let the murderer teen get away in that season 1 episode. I look forward to seeing more of the new agent. Still not sure about Powell.

• Like 2

I won’t miss Kellett — she wasn’t a favorite of mine either @Xeliou66.  But I tell you what — I was going to be pissed if Raines didn’t make it.  After watching FBI and losing Hobbs, I was really mad at the FBI: Intl writers for a bit there when things looked so dire for Raines.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I thought for a second they was killing off Raines and if they did they would have lost me because he's my favorite character. Irony for me that Raines risked himself to save Powell a character that I don't think is needed. 

Kellett is ok but I don't think she's a great loss. Interested to get to know this new character. I hope they don't pair her with Forrester, if they go that route I would prefer Raines. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Checked in to see if the cliffhanger bomb 'shook up' the cast of this show.   Kind of ..? but not really..? 
So many odd story choices. It seems this show is still trying to settle on some type of direction.

Hot takes:

• Do NOT rush to exit the crumbling building until someone gets hurt. 
  • Raines is Vo's BFF, but for some reason Jamie is sidelined to fret over him.
  • Smitty gives no f**ks about Raines and wants to get back to work.
  • New York FBI's Jubal works 24/7, so the time difference is no problem.
  • Jamie: "Later, losers!  All my belongings fit in one carry-on and I'm leaving. Right. Now." 
  • Jamie, think about getting a tattoo of your sister's name instead of having to write it on your palm to keep the memories fresh. 
  • Forrester: I think we might replace one ponytailed analyst with another, younger, ponytailed analyst. 
Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

S03•E01 - June

Heida Reed gets a proper send-off that is true to Jamie’s character. So, that’s good.

Despite some shady things she’s done before, Jamie has complimented Scott perfectly as his number two. Who’ll be taking over that role now?

No more office romance/hookup please. 😣

• Like 2
12 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

Is the new guy (Powell?) staying?

I was also confused by Kellett's exit. At the train station. With one small suitcase. Is she not moving back to DC?

I would imagine that she has some stuff left in the US. So, she would probably have taken the small suitcase with things she wanted to have immediately and the rest would have been in a container, waiting to be shipped back to the US.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:17 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Despite some shady things she’s done before, Jamie has complimented Scott perfectly as his number two. Who’ll be taking over that role now?

No more office romance/hookup please. 😣

I agree with both. I think she provided a perfect balance to Scott and she actually was my favorite character, so I'm kind of bummed she left. At the same time, I can't say I'm surprised. While she did provide a good balance to Scott, they also seemed to not know what to do with her after she and Scott decided to call it quits. Almost as if they had defined the character through her relationship to Scott only which is a pity.

And yes, no more office romance, please. Although, I don't mind it per se, it simply seems that so many shows feel like they have to have characters hook up and they don't. There are a lot of good stories to tell without involving romance.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if Heida Reed had an option in her contract for a short stint on the show? Or maybe she signed on for only two seasons? Because Kellett’s backstory now feels kind of like a ripcord that was always waiting to be pulled. I’ll miss Jamie, I think. Reed had nice chemistry with the rest of the cast. 

This episode was more of an action thriller than a mystery - those type of episodes I usually can’t get into as much so this episode wasn’t as interesting to me. I did like seeing Vo running things at the office, and I liked Jubal popping in on video from NYC. Other than that not a lot to say about this one, it was kind of dull to me.

• Like 1

As a taxpayer, I am outraged that we should now have to pay for a high security office, high-tech equipment, multiple monitors and an entire staff of employees!! The FBI:International operation was doing just fine with five agents using laptops in a dilapidated building. (joking)
And what is the deal with European buildings always having chipped plaster and peeling paint?   

This episode was just okay, but required a good deal of suspension of disbelief. It's fortunate that the team rarely has to deal with a language barrier - everyone speaks English pretty fluently. 
And Jubal makes another appearance -- maybe to help boost the show? I don't think they even care about the time difference.

• Like 1

I don't like the Europe office having a mini-bullpen.   No one is going to bark orders to those analysts like Jubal does in NY.   Also, Jaime's replacement is supposed to be some super awesome analyst with kick ass research and multitasking skills so it's kinda of lessen the need for her character by adding 3 new analysts.

• Like 1

S03•E02 - The Last Stop

Wow! A newly upgraded office with additional staffs. Fancy. I hope they remember to make a room for Tank too.

The prison’s scenes are depressing and suffocating. Both Scott and Damian stick out like a sore thumb in that ghastly place. They’re too neat.

Vo is now promoted to being number two. I don’t understand why she keeps making weird faces every time she needs to make hard decisions. New RBF maybe?

Smitty is the badass in this episode. 🔥

That newbie Amanda, she keeps bossing Kyle around. It seems like “delegation” is her strength. She’s an analyst, isn’t she supposed to analyze?

11 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I hope they remember to make a room for Tank too.

Tank? Does Tank still exist? I remember him being with Raines outside of the building (as a cover), then Raines rushing to the building just as it exploded. I have no idea where Tank currently is!

1 hour ago, illdoc said:
13 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I hope they remember to make a room for Tank too.

Tank? Does Tank still exist? I remember him being with Raines outside of the building (as a cover), then Raines rushing to the building just as it exploded. I have no idea where Tank currently is!

I'd be happy if they said he went to live someplace far away where he's safe and happy. Every time I see him, I spend the entire episode worried something's going to happen to him.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2024 at 8:24 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

This episode was just okay, but required a good deal of suspension of disbelief.

You mean how they got Forrester and Powell into the prison almost immediately after finding out Bill was there and already had a guard bribed?

I liked the case last night, interesting mystery and I liked how they diffused the hostage situation by talking to the girl in French. I don’t like the romantic subplot, Powell came off as a douche, and I don’t want a Raines/Vo romance next. I like the new female agent who worked with Forrester at headquarters last night. I would also like an update on Tank the dog, maybe he’ll make a cameo soon. 

• Like 1