Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: What A Tangled Web We Weave

• Start Topic

Airing on May 5, 2021:

An auto accident sends Sharon into a spiral as she tries to help a young boy and his mother. Natalie's secretive behavior begins to draw the attention of Crocket and Will.

(edited)

Long time coming, but even Goodwin drank the ChiMed unethical kool-aid. 

Natalie should be fired and jailed. She is some piece of work.

And Maggie's long lost daughter, who still doesn't know her mother, will be working at Med. What could possibly go wrong???

For the first time ever, I have to side with April. She should cut all ties with "Dr. I'll make a call for you" because that isn't going to end well.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 15

Episode 6.13, I shall know you from now on as pure deliciousness.

Watching Natalie squirm multiple times about potentially getting caught was magical.  I feel very sorry for her mother having to deal with the consequences of a medication that Natalie is not qualified to oversee.  I just don't see how Natalie can keep her job if what she's done is generally exposed.  So that means either Will or Crockett, or both, will find out what she did, but not bust her.  Of course it will ruin her relationships with both of them, but that's just a sign from the universe that it's time for psycho Philip, who has been living in the air ducts of Natalie's apartment to spy on her, to swoop in and take her away somewhere - anywhere - else.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Dean is going off the rails. I see the 'stalking/gaslighting April' storyline coming.  I predict somehow Will is going to try to cover for Natalie when this all comes out.  She is just a horrible human being.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So Sharon succeeds in not following that pesky HIPAA stuff, not admirable even if she finds a solution for the mother to better care for her kids. She's only doing it to soothe her conscience for the accident, nothing noble. She wouldn't do the same for other mothers in the same situation that come into the hospital with latchkey kids.

Natalie needs to be found out and fired and her license removed. But, yeah, Will will cover for her because, since the doc heading the drug test doesn't want him, he'll pine for Nat.  Ugh.

Dean forcing April into doing that procedure and then not wanting to step in when she panicked.  She should report this but she won't because he can help her career.

There are no ethics in this hospital at all.

Everybody should be gone except Crockett and maybe Dr Charles.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

So Sharon succeeds in not following that pesky HIPAA stuff, not admirable even if she finds a solution for the mother to better care for her kids. She's only doing it to soothe her conscience for the accident, nothing noble. She wouldn't do the same for other mothers in the same situation that come into the hospital with latchkey kids.

Natalie needs to be found out and fired and her license removed. But, yeah, Will will cover for her because, since the doc heading the drug test doesn't want him, he'll pine for Nat.  Ugh.

Dean forcing April into doing that procedure and then not wanting to step in when she panicked.  She should report this but she won't because he can help her career.

There are no ethics in this hospital at all.

Everybody should be gone except Crockett and maybe Dr Charles.

I’d keep those two and Dr. Abrams.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Natalie.....there are no words. Why oh why won’t this show get rid of her?   They won’t though.  She skates every time.   

Like April and Will, Saint Gabby when she was on Fire, Saint Upton over on PD 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Like April and Will, Saint Gabby when she was on Fire, Saint Upton over on PD 

It's hard to believe I used to look forward to all three Chicago show each week.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Have I lost my mind?  I have watched Chicago Fire and Chicago Med since day one.  I thought the actual name of the hospital was....Chicago Med.  It’s always referred to as “Med” or “Chicago Med” in both of these Chicago shows.  Suddenly, in this episode, the hospital was twice referred to as something like Gracin Hospital or Garland Hospital or something like that.  (Neither if those names is correct.  I just don’t remember exactly what was said.). What’s up with this?  Have I lost it?

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

Have I lost my mind?  I have watched Chicago Fire and Chicago Med since day one.  I thought the actual name of the hospital was....Chicago Med.  It’s always referred to as “Med” or “Chicago Med” in both of these Chicago shows.  Suddenly, in this episode, the hospital was twice referred to as something like Gracin Hospital or Garland Hospital or something like that.  (Neither if those names is correct.  I just don’t remember exactly what was said.). What’s up with this?  Have I lost it?

The hospital is officially “Gaffney Chicago Medical Center.” You can see the name on Dr. Charles’s white coat and on the scrubs.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The hospital is officially “Gaffney Chicago Medical Center.” You can see the name on Dr. Charles’s white coat and on the scrubs.

Thank you.  You do learn something new each day.   My husband always tells me I’m unobservant.  He’s right.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I’d keep those two and Dr. Abrams.

really? i dislike this character, not because he's unethical, but he just seems so cold or something

(edited)

This episode was a hoot and a half!

HIPAA? Who are they?

Mum, how are those illegal meds you're taking? You have a cough? Oh, I will just check with my ex-fiance who ran the trial for the medication to see if there are any side-effects. No biggie!

I'm not authorised to do this procedure! You know what, I will do it anyway!

Hey biological daughter, I just needed to see you once. Wait, come work at the same hospital as me!

At this point, Chicago Med should be renamed How to Work at a Hospital in the Most Illegal Way Possible and Get Away With It.

Edited by Quark
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Quark said:

HIPPA? Who are they?

At least the show is in line with daytime soaps, which also ignore it. By the by, it is actually HIPAA, a la Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

At least the show is in line with daytime soaps, which also ignore it. By the by, it is actually HIPAA, a la Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

Thanks!

• Love 1

Sharon is now proven to be a walking contradiction. Didn't consider Will for the Chief Resident position because of his decision making, but goes on to persuade Charles and Choi to violate HIPAA to give her information on the boy she hit. Can't make this stuff up. And then has the gall to see the mother of the boy she hit, and try to influence her to change her choice of medical treatment for her son. Where's that good decision-making Sharon? That should be a fireable offense.

Natalie is just plain despicable, at this point. She really needs to be knocked down a peg, and the only way to do that is to have her mother die from complications with the trial drug that she was never to have. She is a doctor, and she is having her own mother take a trial drug without proper supervision, that could monitor any adverse effects, and pull the plug if drug poses a potential danger.

Maggie being manipulative again. Chose to have the seminar at the same school where she found her daughter to be attending. And of course, the writers have to delve further into her daughter storyline, so why not have her biological daughter have a two-month rotation at Med. What could possibly go wrong?

• Love 4

I thought this was one of the better episodes--still the normal unethical behavior but the episode moved along and was engaging.

On the positive side--I thought the acting for Sharon was really well done. Really looked injured, distraught, etc.

Oh, Maggie.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2021 at 8:25 AM, cinsays said:

Not to mention, wouldn't other custodians at Med wonder how the mom suddenly got a job there? Like, was there conveniently an opening, or did Sharon just stick the woman into a non-existent job? Either way, people have a way of finding these things out in a workplace, and then they will only resent the new employee.

• Love 1