Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E15: What Happens in Vegas...

• Start Topic

The chefs are treated to a visit from their families and a tour of Las Vegas. However, their trip to the Jubilee Theatre at Caesars Palace soon turns into their final challenge.

Airdate: 04/15/2021

Bum-MER.  I was really rooting for Declan and his stoic dad.  Guess I’ll be rooting for Kori by default then.

When they showed scenes from earlier in the season, a season I have watched from ep 1, I would swear I have never seen some of these people in my life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought for sure Declan would get a 10 on his steak and then Gordon would have to make the decision. The end result would have been the same for sure, though.

Of course Marc got picked last; still no self-awareness. And Amber is still delusional.

I'm hoping for Kori, even though her constant mama stuff is really annoying.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I do like that Gordon brings on actual chefs to make decisions about the food/cheftestants rather than actors (other shows).  Whether or not there are prescribed winners it feels more authentic.

I do, too, but I think it would be more fair if #1 the dishes were judged without the judge knowing whose dish it was and #2 the scores weren't revealed to the judges as they went along. I suppose the latter is to keep the scores close. The former is because I think they already are informed as to who is to win each round.

• Love 3

Yup, no way Gordon wanted Declan in the final, so I believe it was rigged.  Ugggh... one more episode, is it just me or are they dragging this out? Haven't watched in a few seasons.

1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

I do, too, but I think it would be more fair if #1 the dishes were judged without the judge knowing whose dish it was and #2 the scores weren't revealed to the judges as they went along. I suppose the latter is to keep the scores close. The former is because I think they already are informed as to who is to win each round.

Yep. That one chef couldn't stop eating Declan's fish but only gave him a 7 or 8.

• Love 9

I was pleasantly surprised to see old Top Chef Masters contestants (Susan Feniger, Neil Fraser). I have to find those episodes and rewatch. She's always a hoot (she was the one who wouldn't stop eating). I was bummed for Declan and I keep saying I can't imagine Gordon picking a purple-haired chef to run a restaurant. But what do I know? Her talking heads have been entertaining and I don't think she's said "momma" once. My money's still on Cori.

Gut feeling prediction: Mary Lou doomed herself picking Cody when Declan was right there. Declan was three points from the finale and she picks the guy she's likely attracted to, who she knows is attracted to her? Instant distraction. She either won't direct him enough to be meaningful, or she'll go overboard, trying to prove she's being fair, and cause havoc for the team. Lose/lose.

To be fair, Mary Lou would still be the underdog compared to Kori, experience-wise, but her justification for picking Cody was weak ("he's never had anything sent back") and pretty transparent.

I've made no secret of how much this storyline bugged me in the latter part of the season, but now I have to see it in the finale, too? Meh.

22 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

I would have picked Cody first too. I don't buy this so-called romance.

I agree.  I would want the people who had the best services over all.  I would have picked Cody before Declan and also probably Adam before Amber.  

Edited by JenMcSnark
typo

A few observations:

Chef Susan raves about Declans plate, stuffing her piehole like she is going to the chair, and acts like it is the best thing she has ever seen. She then gives him the worst rating of the 3 chefs. What was the point of that? Also, is she as short as she appears, or were the others on a platform?

For those who claim Mary Lou won’t get the nod because of her hairdo, look no further than blue haired sous chef. Even though he is not a HK winner, he seems to have done alright by Gordon.

I can see Declan coming back as one of the Sous Chefs in upcoming seasons, he has a great personality for it. 

I think Mary Lou picked a terrible team. We’ll see how that plays out.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MajorWoody said:

For those who claim Mary Lou won’t get the nod because of her hairdo, look no further than blue haired sous chef. Even though he is not a HK winner, he seems to have done alright by Gordon.

My thinking she will lose has nothing to do with her bad hair. She's immature and not ready. She HAS potential and might be one of the contestants Gordan keeps around for the future (thats something I like about Gordan Ramsey - on this show at least, its not entirely 'never speak to me again' - he does maintain an interest) but right now? The staff would laugh at her - they probably aren't thrilled with a figure head contestant as the chef in charge anyway. Kori at least is presentable and reasonably talented. I hate to say it but that's but killed Declan's chances as well. I do think if Declan was head and shoulders above the other, he'd win but I also think he made plenty of errors to where he wasn't the biggest shining star in the group. 

That said, it was kind of a blah group all around. 

• Love 1

Wow, they didn't even attempt to hide how rigged this is.  Susan (who is quite short, BTW) giving his dish such a low score after she couldn't stop scarfing it up was obvious.  Of course I knew he wouldn't win because he's obese.  I doubt it's his age, though.  He's only a few years older than Kori and she's in the finale.  No way did Mary Lou deserve to be there over him.  I'm hoping we don't see the last of him.  He deserves something.  Maybe Gordon will give him a job.

• Love 2