Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Where are They Now? Brianne and Annjeanette

• Start Topic

There is much to be gained -- and lost -- for Brianne in year two of her journey, in which she both loses weight and gains independence. Getting back with Erica becomes the top priority for Annjeanette, who chooses love over even her own health.

Brianne and her much older husband are back to let us see how much she succeeded.  Annjeanette returns without Erica; their mid show break up was part of her original story.  PPAL assumes these two were paired because they both have "ann" in their name.  That's all I've got. 😞 

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the initial US East Coast showing. 

Original air date 2021.04.07

• Love 1

Brianne did great, lost a lot of weight including a man who she hopefully will learn she deserves better than, and won a sunset-beach dog.

Anjeannette did not-great, but I enjoy the thought of her having to walk up and down three flights of stairs in her poor, overburdened flip-flops, and I want her dog.

• Love 13
(edited)

I hope Brianne does so well going forward.   I also hope she stops double processing her hair before she has all of it fall out.    I understand revenge hair, but she needs to stop.  I'm so glad that her blood clots were stopped in time.       

I was surprised that Cat (Rick's daughter, and Brianne's step daughter) is the first mention about Rick's multiple divorces before he dumped Brianne for the other woman.    

Spoiler

The story that someone posted claiming that military benefits were changed without the ex-slime ball husband's knowledge are garbage.   Most of what they claimed has to be done by fax, with notarized documents, and you don't just change most of that without a lot of effort.     The only thing Rick's parents could be beneficiary for is his insurance, and that can't be changed with just a simple keystroke.    

On Brianne's facebook page, it says she's officially divorced from Rick.   I bet he traded the house in return for her cut of his military retirement.     After his heart attack, and whatever other health issues, he might have qualified for VA pension too, so Brianne was giving up a lot.      

AJ-Erica is out of her mind going back to her.    You know Erica will always be the breadwinner, and expected to do everything for AJ, while AJ sits on the sofa, getting bigger and bigger.    Gaining 60+ pounds in a short time after surgery told me all I need to know about AJ.   Her treatment of everyone around her was awful.    Why do I suspect that the second Erica goes to work ,that AJ is hitting every drive thru in town, and then claiming she's starving when Erica gets home? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Brianne is really sweet, it's good to see she's done so well despite being dumped by her horrible useless husband.  Plus anyone who is described as a "close friend" to the beastly Maja deserves a halo.  

AJ is still awful and Erica is a glutton for punishment.  Like @ams1001 I laugh at her living up so many flights of stairs, but I doubt she will be using those stairs very often.

• Love 7

I haven't watched yet so I need to catch up. I've missed Live Chat on this one and 90D over the past couple weeks. Work and home life have been in the toilet for me -- just really hard stuff to deal with. 

I miss all my Primetimer snark friends, you guys are the best. I will try hard to catch up on all the shows and participate in the next live chat. 

Until then - stay safe and healthy! 

• Love 1

Very impressed/surprised by Brianne. Not only did she beat her addiction, but she also controlled her depression. I hope she can get a second skin surgery, too, she looked really good in clothing except for her upper arms. However, thin white hair will make anyone look old, so maybe rethink that, Bri.

AJ looked to me like one of those balloon animals- a bunch of blobby things sticking out of a big blob. I wonder if she has normal intelligence? She looks (and acts) so childlike, delusional and clueless. I'd love to know what 'good paying' job Erika has?

• Love 13
(edited)

I missed the live chat because my second COVID-19 vaccination knocked me out! I'm feeling better now.

It's amazing how well someone can do with their weight loss once they unload someone in their life who is literally weighing them down. I did not think that Brianne would be able to achieve much success, but she surprised me. Good going, girl!

Annjeanette still has such a flat effect. I'm surprised she could walk at all with all that weight on her. 676 pounds is A LOT for anyone, but especially for someone as short as she is.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

a "close friend" to the beastly Maja deserves a halo

Is she really?  Probably Brianne decided to support Maja, being the sweet kind person that she is, before she knew what a godawful being Maja is, and now she just can't abandon her, thinking that poor Maja needs all the support she can get if she is to have any hope of losing weight...  Brianne is probably one of those people who just have to sacrifice themselves for the sake of someone who doesn't deserve it, and now that Rick removed himself from the picture, she will look after Maja...

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I'd love to know what 'good paying' job Erika has?

Something tells me AJ's perception of 'good paying' is not the same as ours.  Although... if it can support AJ's considerable fast food addiction, it must be fairly good!  Or maybe it's a job *at* a fast food joint and AJ gets to eat whatever food is left unsold at the end of the day.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I also hope she stops double processing her hair before she has all of it fall out.    

Brianne was fantastic...remained optimistic in spite of all her difficulties, fist-bumped Dr. Now, and just kept going.    But yeah, her hair...just a no.

8 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

AJ is still awful 

So she gained weight, but her voice-over said that she hoped Dr. Now would still give her skin removal because she was following the diet...WTAF?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I assume AJ will use the three flights of stairs as an excuse to not be able to do any shopping or other chores.  Then she'll blame Erica for her being stuck at home and eating until she exceeds her starting weight. Because for AJ everything s always someone else's fault. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, jcbrown said:

For some reason I just couldn't get interested in this one at all. I was in the live chat and still ended up fast forwarding the show to the end. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

You know it's a slow ep when I'm not a page or more behind in the chat for most of it.

• Love 5

I was out of town during this episode so watched remotely but didn't have wifi to hang out here. I was also biting my tongue this episode because I have been FB friends with Brianne since her first episode. And I have interacted with her via Messenger. She's an incredibly sweet woman who has been put through a lot by her ex ditching her for that "former friend" he's with now. Her, Alicia, Maja, and at least one other member of the show are all close friends and seem like wonderful support for each other. Interestingly enough, Brianne watched this live with all of us, she didn't have prior knowledge of how the show would end up. I was surprised to hear about her miscarriage and blood clot issues, that she kept private. I always loved her upbeat attitude with Dr. Now and the fist bumps. It's so refreshing seeing someone like that with him, that makes him smile. She seems to be living her best life now, and I am very proud of her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I watched this a few days ago so I'm fuzzy on the details (does anyone else watch these shows and cannot remember what happened?) 

Anyway, AJ is delusional.

Happy for Brianne. Despite her hardships she seems to be doing well and is focused. 

I have to call BS on the last scene where she and Cat are shopping. Brianne weights 200+ pounds and says that she put on a Medium sized garment that fit her. No way in hell. I weigh less than that and cannot wear a Medium. Producer shenanigans maybe? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Brianne weights 200+ pounds and says that she put on a Medium sized garment that fit her

I wonder if that's some kind of special plus-size store where medium is not really medium in the general sense but only applicable to their merchandise?  

Even at my height of 5'10", 'medium' is a tight fit if I get close to or past 160 pounds...  so 200+ cannot be medium in a general sense.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, Hellga said:

I wonder if that's some kind of special plus-size store where medium is not really medium in the general sense but only applicable to their merchandise?  

Even at my height of 5'10", 'medium' is a tight fit if I get close to or past 160 pounds...  so 200+ cannot be medium in a general sense.

I was thinking maybe City Chic- it’s a cute plus size brand for women in their 20s/30s, they have a lot of nice things for parties, weddings etc, a Medium in City Chic is a 18W. They sell it at Nordstrom. I have some things from them. She would certainly be a M In that brand. 

• Useful 7

I am so glad Brianne is doing so well! I distinctly remember her original episode, and how much her step daughter adored her. I had high hopes for her. Usually the participants that do really well have 1. Youth on their side, 2. Mobility, and 3. A purpose- Brianne had all three. 

Fuck Rick really- he was probably staying with her to satisfy his ego and need to be a caregiver, and when it looked like she was going to get better and be an independent adult again, he bounced. I can understand why she would be blindsided- she’s getting better and he leaves? But he probably didn’t want to look like a total jerk leaving a wife that was helpless. 

It’s okay though- she can do WAY better and I’m sure Cat will always love her. The marriage to Rick gave her Cat, no matter what else happens.

• Love 11
On 4/12/2021 at 10:39 AM, hookedontv said:

I have to call BS on the last scene where she and Cat are shopping. Brianne weights 200+ pounds and says that she put on a Medium sized garment that fit her. No way in hell. I weigh less than that and cannot wear a Medium. Producer shenanigans maybe? 

This happens all the time on weight loss shows.  They will show a woman who lost a lot of weight, and now weighs 180 at 5'4", and she will be so pleased to be in the store fitting into a size 6 or 8.  I rant about this to my husband every time this happens!!!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

This happens all the time on weight loss shows.  They will show a woman who lost a lot of weight, and now weighs 180 at 5'4", and she will be so pleased to be in the store fitting into a size 6 or 8.  I rant about this to my husband every time this happens!!!

Celebrities (REAL celebrities) do this, too.  When Kirstie Alley was on Dancing with the Stars, she claimed to go from a size 14 to a size 4.

1.  She was NOT a size 14 to begin with.

2.  She was NOT a size 4 at the end.

Back in the day when hubby and I worked full time and our kids had left home, I did enjoy going to stores like Nordstroms, Dillards, etc., for special occasion clothing.  I found the more expensive clothes to be marked a size or two smaller than they actually were in less expensive clothes.  So, while I was proud to have gone to a size 10 in most clothing, I could fit into an 8, or occasionally a 6, if I spent more money.  Bottom line:  Rich people pay for the privilege to brag about what tiny sizes they wear.

I maintain that the only way Brianne was wearing a size Medium was if it were a maternity dress.

• Love 5