Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Sink or Swim

• Start Topic

The chefs compete in the inaugural Spell's Kitchen challenge, with a private pool party the reward. Dinner service caters for important charities, but who will be going home?

Airdate:  03/18/2021

Amber is getting more irritating but with Marc gone I expected it. Cody is looking quite strong, I found it a bit hypocritical of Amber to talk about Cody's arrogance when she was not being particularly humble either. Cody and Mary Lou as a couple does not bother me at all.

• Love 11

It is sad how predictably scripted this is. Of course the red team would have someone go. My only questions was would it be Mary L. because of the flirting with Cody scenes. I am glad it was the awful Jordan.

The horrid Amber needs to go next. She is completely delusional.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mertensia said:

I'm happy Cody was able to make the pineapple work.

It worked out for the blue team but I wish Cody and Dec told Amber that since she unilaterally chose to keep pineapple halibut she gets to cook it. Why does it seem she always gets her choice of protein? And yet she constantly whines how the blue team hates her while telling the red team that she hates being on the blue team. I think she’s trying to sabotage the blue team. I’m not sure why she’d gun for Cody over Declan, who’s more arrogant with less talent to back it up. Gordon’s always onto that kind of gameplay shit.

I never thought I’d be rooting for Cody after the season premiere yet here I kind of am. I suspect Gordon’s already selected Kori in his mind though (which I’d be fine with), with a job offer to Nicole as well.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 10

With the red team being two plates short, shouldn’t there have been a waiter standing there empty handed?

It did appear that Nikki put down the steaks for Jordan’s course.  So was Nikki the supposed culprit this episode?   

Jordan looks like a smelly druggie. Take a bath girl. She just looks unwell and rough.

Cody has grown on me.

Declan is still standing! I figured he’d collapse from exhaustion or a heart attack.

Mary Lou might be pretty under all that makeup and wigs. I can’t tell. Right now she looks like a clown.

• Love 2

I can’t stand Mary Lou’s purple wig. It sits too low on her head and looks messy. She is a talented cook so why does she want to look clownish? I’m also tired of Amber complaining. She has talent but also a chip on her shoulder. I like Kori and Cody at this point.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I can’t stand Mary Lou’s purple wig.

I hate it too. It looks really cheap and ratty.  Hopefully she sees how bad it looks on tv and looses it. 

It was Jordan's time to go, I felt kind of bad for her when she was talking about her mom going to jail that has to be really hard.

• Love 2

Amber really eats up the conspiracy theories and sympathy that the red team members give to her.  I so laughed when Kori was telling her that the blue team was gunning for her as I remember the first couple of episodes when various members of the red team stated how much they didn't like her.  She certainly complains about perceived slights that she is actually doing towards the other blue team members which she then complains that they are doing to her.  Hopefully she is next...

I was glad that Jordan was eliminated as she has never taken responsibility for anything that she has done.  However, I did think it was a no-brainer that the red team lost the dinner service as they were missing appetizer plates AND had 6 steaks they needed to re-fire while it looked like the blue team only had 1 steak overall to re-fire.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, xcrayon2215x said:

Amber is getting more irritating but with Marc gone I expected it. Cody is looking quite strong, I found it a bit hypocritical of Amber to talk about Cody's arrogance when she was not being particularly humble either. Cody and Mary Lou as a couple does not bother me at all.

I wrote this a few episodes back and it is still holding true:

Amber has the attitude that she's "God's gift to the culinary world." She's not; not even close.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 7

Cody is so funny, thinking Amber will ever admit when she has made a mistake.

I was always rooting for Declan, but 11 eps in and I am still shocked at the turn I took on rooting for Cody.

Based on the service we were shown, the red team should have had to send up two people rather than both teams sending one as the red team errors seemed to far outnumber Declan’s one rare steak.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, iwantcookies said:

Jordan looks like a smelly druggie. Take a bath girl. She just looks unwell and rough.

Cody has grown on me.

Declan is still standing! I figured he’d collapse from exhaustion or a heart attack.

Mary Lou might be pretty under all that makeup and wigs. I can’t tell. Right now she looks like a clown.

Oh my g-d! I said all of the above to my husband when we were watching this episode!

I think Mary Lou has a wonderful sense of humor and self deprecation. I really wish she would ditch those horrendous wigs & unflattering cosmetics. She really is pretty.  

I’m hoping it comes down to Cody, Declan, Nikki & Mary Lou (for entertainment value) but I’m thinking Cody & Kori are the most viable candidates to lead a team. 

• Love 2