Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think these shows just get stale. I don't know that there's a way out of that. I don't know if it is a result of the women changing because of the fame/notoriety or what. Just most of these shows to me are not watchable, anymore. I don't watch them all but I've watched RHOC (not last 2 seasons - got no interest in Gina, Emily, et al), RHONY (still has my interest), RHOA (nope, not anymore - watch these as an escape from politics/the news), RHOP (still enjoy it), RHONJ (barely hanging on). I find Jennifer the most interesting on this Jersey show

I agree. I think they are really stale and also more scripted and too much focus on pointless fights instead of ridiculous women Woth ridiculous women.

I think COVID revealed how bad these shows have gotten. 
I used to watch this shows to detract from my life.

This year, tho, I have just gotten pissed at how irresponsible these women are during a pandemic. People like them are why I have barely been outside in over a year.

Actual friendships and organic drama were already gone, and the shows aren’t escapism TV any,ore.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree. I think they are really stale and also more scripted and too much focus on pointless fights instead of ridiculous women Woth ridiculous women.

I think COVID revealed how bad these shows have gotten. 
I used to watch this shows to detract from my life.

This year, tho, I have just gotten pissed at how irresponsible these women are during a pandemic. People like them are why I have barely been outside in over a year.

Actual friendships and organic drama were already gone, and the shows aren’t escapism TV any,ore.

I'm so sorry, but this made me laugh so hard, and over and over again every time I thought of it.

While watching these shows to distract from our lives, they certainly do, detract from our lives, especially lately with the stupid arguments that last all season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Hope this is allowed:  Am I the only RHoNJ super fan and lover of tiktok that DIDN"T know that this sound of a girl whining/singing is Gia Guidice?  

Waking up in the Morning Thinking About so Many Things.....  I hate myself 

I saw an article or something and they were talking about "fails" on TikTok, or something, and apparently the way to show a "life fail" on TikTok is to use "Wakin' up in the mornin' thinkin' bout so many things..."  I was like, how do I know that song???

On 3/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, now it’s in my head!  I’m trying to think where to redirect my thoughts:  “first you were one, then you were two...” or “I just want to grow up”.  The only thing I’m shocked about is that Antonia hasn’t had a song yet, she just walked in fashion week...right?  😧

Antonia was in fashion week?  I assume it was set up through her mom, or the show..  I am not trying to be a jerk, but she is not a good looking girl.  At all.  She's ugly.  

On 3/19/2021 at 11:45 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

It is a different house all together, they "upgraded."  It was in the press a while back.  Melissq has also said she prefers a bay house to a beach house.  Truth be told, a waterfront house in Tom's River is going to be much more affordable than beachfron LBI.  They got that one for under $1M.  Put 3000sf beachfront with a pool and you are looking at a much different price point.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/16/exclusive-rhonjs-melissa-gorga-and-husband-joe-buy-975k-new-jersey-shore-house-see-photos-of-inside-and-the-beautiful-views/

They are also building a new, smaller house in Franklin Lakes.  Melissa said she doesn't want the huge house again.  Honestly, it sounds to me like they are trying to lower their overhead somewhat.  

Okaaayyy Melissa HAHAHA, right!  She wants people to think they are rich.  But they are broke, except for her salary.  I am sure that is how they bought the beach house.  They don't have the money to buy a big house.  Joe was able to make money years ago when every Tom, Dick and Harry was making it big in construction.  Now he is trying to make it big again, and FAILING.

Remember when they thought that other house (older house) they lived in was "gross?"  

If Joe doesn't figure out a way to get them into a big house again, $10 says she leaves him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I saw an article or something and they were talking about "fails" on TikTok, or something, and apparently the way to show a "life fail" on TikTok is to use "Wakin' up in the mornin' thinkin' bout so many things..."  I was like, how do I know that song???

that's EXACTLY what that sound is used for....some funny sh*t comes out that that sound too.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Antonia was in fashion week?  I assume it was set up through her mom, or the show.

OMG, it was the most off-brand thing ever.  I should have put “fashion week” with an asterisk next to it.  It was a kid’s show and Antonia and Joey walked while Teresa and Milania watched and they all went out to dinner afterward and Joey said “I love everybody at this table.”  But it was about as model-ly as the Posche Fashion Shows or the Envy Fashion Shows.  It made S2 Gia walking hand-in-hand with an adult model look like the Alexander McQueen VOSS collection.  

Come to think of it, this show has been plagued with some janky-ass runways.  I can’t forget Ashley (I am refusing to type her name any other way) walking in the Posche “fashion show” in season two, completely insecure, hunched forward (to hide the arms that Danielle said she should tone, perhaps?) with her crooked nervous smile and crowded teeth.  Just...no.  I’d rather see Melissa walk at the Brownstone in a feather dress that was two sizes too big for her than see some of the other “models” that Kim D put forth on her “runways” aka floors of restaurants across the seasons.  That was an affront.  To whom?  The audience, aesthetics, real fashion shows, real models...I could go on.  

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

OMG, it was the most off-brand thing ever.  I should have put “fashion week” with an asterisk next to it.  It was a kid’s show and Antonia and Joey walked while Teresa and Milania watched and they all went out to dinner afterward and Joey said “I love everybody at this table.”  But it was about as model-ly as the Posche Fashion Shows or the Envy Fashion Shows.  It made S2 Gia walking hand-in-hand with an adult model look like the Alexander McQueen VOSS collection.  

Come to think of it, this show has been plagued with some janky-ass runways.  I can’t forget Ashley (I am refusing to type her name any other way) walking in the Posche “fashion show” in season two, completely insecure, hunched forward (to hide the arms that Danielle said she should tone, perhaps?) with her crooked nervous smile and crowded teeth.  Just...no.  I’d rather see Melissa walk at the Brownstone in a feather dress that was two sizes too big for her than see some of the other “models” that Kim D put forth on her “runways” aka floors of restaurants across the seasons.  That was an affront.  To whom?  The audience, aesthetics, real fashion shows, real models...I could go on.  

HAHA!

OMG I remember this, I can picture it in my head!

I also remember the feather dress - Melissa had her old face then, right?  

Antonia has Melissa's old face, which must be sad for Melissa.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Jennifer's girls, oy, let's just say it is a good thing their father is a plastic surgeon and will be able to afford to fix it. 

I keep thinking about that scene from A League of Their Own when the charm school lady got to Marla Hooch and the assistant asked what she reccomended, she said, "a lot of night games." 

• Love 4

I love the way David just takes in what Delores says so passively, nods, barely responds.  I love watching it make her crazy. She's such a useless, egomaniacal, trivial person. She deserves to be f'ed around with. Frank's right, David is a shitty boyfriend & I love him for it.

• Love 1
(edited)

When Jen said she was concerned about her father traveling to Turkey, I assumed she meant because international travel is not advisable for a high-risk, elderly person in the middle of a pandemic, but no.  She meant because it could cause drama in the family.  Lord.  I'm trying so hard to suspend reality and just ignore that this was filmed during COVID so I don't get outraged but, man, it is hard.

Have Michelle the realtor and actress Rebecca Gayheart ever been seen in the same room together?  That is some strong resemblance.  

Why would anyone ever pay to attend "Grow with Gorga"?  Not all of the ticket purchases can be gag gifts for White Elephant swaps, can they?

Edited by ladle