Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Has Teresa’s voice always been this screechy? Like it’s got this pitch 

Came here to say the exact same thing. I was afraid that my ears were going to start bleeding.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

...a “sober, sober, sober, oh shit everything just hit me at once I’m too drunk and it’s too late to do anything about it.” effect. 

Oy vey, there is nothing truer than these words. 

• Love 16

I think Jen isn’t good at pacing herself, especially with hard liquor. I can relate. When I drink something like tequila it can have a “sober, sober, sober, oh shit everything just hit me at once I’m too drunk and it’s too late to do anything about it.” effect. I think Jen had a stressful time at home and cut loose and it all hit her at once instead of gradually like if she had been drinking beer or wine. Embarrassing, sure. But no worse than the guys weekend before. Marge can sit down with her concern. She’s the type of woman who weaponizes concern, especially against other women. I bet she has all types of “concerns” about women she doesn’t like.

On WWHL, Jen said she had rum, vodka, and tequila on an empty stomach. Why?  The fruit alone looked amazing. 

• Love 5

I think Jen isn’t good at pacing herself, especially with hard liquor. I can relate. When I drink something like tequila it can have a “sober, sober, sober, oh shit everything just hit me at once I’m too drunk and it’s too late to do anything about it.” effect. I think Jen had a stressful time at home and cut loose and it all hit her at once instead of gradually like if she had been drinking beer or wine. Embarrassing, sure. But no worse than the guys weekend before. Marge can sit down with her concern. She’s the type of woman who weaponizes concern, especially against other women. I bet she has all types of “concerns” about women she doesn’t like.

It’s not too late to stick your finger down your throat and rid yourself of the tequila still sitting in your stomach. I’ve rarely if ever gotten drunk enough to be carried, but I do know once the room starts spinning, evacuate what liquor remains undigested. It only gets worse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Melissa seemed intimidated by Michelle when they were talking at the party. I was surprised I thought Melissa was tougher. I'm actually a fan of Joe Gorga but it was weird to me when he mentioned what Teresa said about the pineapples to Frank....ew. I'm also a Teresa fan and she has always been my favorite. But it was also weird to me she said she wanted "her peach kissed" in front of her brother. Awkward and weird and gross. Melissa was so drunk at Joe's birthday dinner. That's why I think she started talking about sex haha. Delores should break up with David. She can do so much better. Her ex Frank looks better than David to me. I think Marge looks really pretty in her TH where she has a high ponytail. I like Jennifer but she should of worn a different bathing suit or different bathing suit bottoms. Teresa's guy Tony seemed like he was taking everything as a joke. Maybe he was already drunk?? Lol. I think Jennifer is drinking because she might have marriage problems. When she was talking to her husband on facetime he seemed very distracted and not amused. Then he showed up to Joe's party late....in his red sports car. Hmmmm. But I also understand her just wanting to have fun after taking care of her family all day and drinking to have a good time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

It’s not too late to stick your finger down your throat and rid yourself of the tequila still sitting in your stomach. I’ve rarely if ever gotten drunk enough to be carried, but I do know once the room starts spinning, evacuate what liquor remains undigested. It only gets worse. 

Considering that she thought she was getting water into her mouth when, in actuality, was pouring it into her lap, I fear for what would happen if she attempted to insert a finger into her throat, hahahahaa! Seriously, though, sometimes that trick doesn’t work. Believe me, I know! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

The show is boring AF. I think part of it is it really seems very scripted this season. The other part is that these women are boring...they need to clean house and get some fresh faces on this show. Teresa is wearing thin after all these years and Melissa too. Instead of building the franchise around these two, cut them loose along with Jackie and put some new people in...shake it up. Delores is not all that interesting anymore, she leads a pretty mundane life...her love life is a snooze fest and really that's all we see is her brow beating David into making a commitment he clearly doesn't want or showing up to parties and events with Frank as her date. And honestly, they have all fallen into the typical Real Housewives cosmetic surgery overload now that they have extra cash to spend. It's all so predictable...I think that the whole Joe Gorga supposedly owing money thing to that guy was fake...it didn't seem authentic at all. These Real Housewives shows seem to be depending more on scripted storylines the longer they keep old timers on the show. I find myself reading my Ipad more while this show is on.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, stcroix said:

Have Joe and Melissa always had that Jersey Shore house with the pool? Or was that a rental?  Seems like if they'd owned it, it would have been featured before now and with other housewives partying around that pool! 

I think they always had some kind of place down the shore because that's where Melissa's family lives. During s3 I know there was rumors they were living closer down the shore but moved up and into that ridiculous house for the show. But that house is new.

15 hours ago, jkitty said:

I just want to know how New Jersey cured COVID... why didn’t they share this info with the rest of us? I mean these parties.  JFC. 

Right? Here I was in NY being a loser apparently by staying away from people and my friends forgone baby showers and birthday parties for their small kids. All we had to do was be on a reality show to party without COVID worries. 

Re: Teresa's voice. In season one she spoke very differently but the most part. Sure she yelled but that squeak wasn't there the way it is now.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know, it was a parade of schmatas.

Margaret looking like a bag lady in her get up, so much going on there.

Melissa did not even bother to wear anything other than a an open robe over a high cut maillot althought if I had her body I would be doing that too.

Tre looking like a trussed up ham, per usual.

The real estate chick looking like she was itchy from standing in the hot sun in a gold lame dress.

Jennifer looking a bit chunky in a monokini. She was lucky that she did not chip a tooth when she face planted.

Remind me what Delores did to her body, it looks no different than previous seasons.

I guess we missed out on whatever acid washed denim outfit Jackie would have worn to the pool party.

The clothes! Someone should compile all these trashy @styles@ into a book.  It would be hilarious 

Margaret actually looked very pretty without all the make up on.
Teresa was standing out at the pool like a baby whale that that caught in a fishing net

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

How to "grow with Gorga":

Enter business dealings with people who have ACTUAL careers & only do so verbally so you collect $ and never actually pay them. 

...got it! 

What scum bags.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

The clothes! Someone should compile all these trashy @styles@ into a book.  It would be hilarious 

This and the Atlanta franchise have the worst dressed women. And makeup. And extensions/wigs. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, AryasMum said:

She and her husband seem to be very influenced by this 'friend group' when it comes to alcohol. I don't think they can recognize the alcohol sitting in their stomachs because they're egged on to continue with the shots throughout the night. In this case, because Jennifer was stressed about her parents and those ridiculous wildebeest children, she was promoting the shots.

Speaking of Bill, are elective plastic surgeons in the hospital THAT much - even in the evening? Bill couldn't make the last evening event with Jennifer because he 'had to go to the hospital.' This is a common theme from previous seasons as well.

I was always wondering why NJ was so high in COVID cases last year. This show makes me wonder how anyone in that state is actually still alive. Holy hell, it's like they all think a mask will burn off their goddamn FACES if one touches their nose!

The more I see of David, the more I think her looks like a Marvel supervillian. He's nothing to look at and his personality is awful. When he said, "But I built this dream house for YOU" to Dolores, I wanted to snap "DUDE, you were too lazy to design or decorate it so you used Dolores and her ex to get it finished for you." He showed the contractors more affection than he ever has to Dolores. If he basically has that much disdain for her (ignoring her to be on his computer when she stays over), then why is he so hospitable to Frank and Frankie? Because it's gotten so weird at this point, I think he only keeps her around so that he can hang out with Frank and Frankie.

Michelle looked like she was wearing Dorinda's fake boobs. I really hope she's not going to become a regular as her little weasel of a husband grates on me as much as she does.

I did not think that hearing Fireplug Joe talk about his sister's pineapple consumption or he & Melissa droning on about sex talks with their daughter could get any more gross, but then my DVR ran into that Chrisley show where they were all talking about their OWN pubes in front of their children - including what I think was Grandma. I had to follow Jennifer's spirit at that point into my kitchen and pour myself a G&T. 
/shudders

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

How to "grow with Gorga":

Enter business dealings with people who have ACTUAL careers & only do so verbally so you collect $ and never actually pay them. 

...got it! 

What scum bags.

How many careers have they had? The contracting where we saw all the corners he cut on the house. The garbage truck thing. The failed restaurant. Envy (doesn't an expartner have grievances) and they both wrote books somehow and they weren't hits. Now Grow With Gorga.

But hey, they're on RHNJ, a show that won't film a season without Joe's sister, who is the reason they're on. Does Grow With Gorga have a seminar on making sure you have a sibling with coattails to ride? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

She and her husband seem to be very influenced by this 'friend group' when it comes to alcohol. I don't think they can recognize the alcohol sitting in their stomachs because they're egged on to continue with the shots throughout the night. In this case, because Jennifer was stressed about her parents and those ridiculous wildebeest children, she was promoting the shots.

Speaking of Bill, are elective plastic surgeons in the hospital THAT much - even in the evening? Bill couldn't make the last evening event with Jennifer because he 'had to go to the hospital.' This is a common theme from previous seasons as well.

I was always wondering why NJ was so high in COVID cases last year. This show makes me wonder how anyone in that state is actually still alive. Holy hell, it's like they all think a mask will burn off their goddamn FACES if one touches their nose!

The more I see of David, the more I think her looks like a Marvel supervillian. He's nothing to look at and his personality is awful. When he said, "But I built this dream house for YOU" to Dolores, I wanted to snap "DUDE, you were too lazy to design or decorate it so you used Dolores and her ex to get it finished for you." He showed the contractors more affection than he ever has to Dolores. If he basically has that much disdain for her (ignoring her to be on his computer when she stays over), then why is he so hospitable to Frank and Frankie? Because it's gotten so weird at this point, I think he only keeps her around so that he can hang out with Frank and Frankie.

Michelle looked like she was wearing Dorinda's fake boobs. I really hope she's not going to become a regular as her little weasel of a husband grates on me as much as she does.

I did not think that hearing Fireplug Joe talk about his sister's pineapple consumption or he & Melissa droning on about sex talks with their daughter could get any more gross, but then my DVR ran into that Chrisley show where they were all talking about their OWN pubes in front of their children - including what I think was Grandma. I had to follow Jennifer's spirit at that point into my kitchen and pour myself a G&T. 
/shudders

maybe he did reconstructive surgery car crash victim and he was following up.  He seems like a doc w a good bed side manner, maybe he does his follow up rounds himself instead of passing it off to an underling.  🙂

• Love 10

Hope this is allowed:  Am I the only RHoNJ super fan and lover of tiktok that DIDN"T know that this sound of a girl whining/singing is Gia Guidice?  

Waking up in the Morning Thinking About so Many Things.....  I hate myself 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

maybe he did reconstructive surgery car crash victim and he was following up.  He seems like a doc w a good bed side manner, maybe he does his follow up rounds himself instead of passing it off to an underling.  🙂

Yes, this is what I'm unclear on. We've seen his office and we've seen his work on his wife, but I don't think he's an ER plastics guy who rolls in for any old car crash victim. I can't remember if he's/Jennifer's talked about him being on call for surgeries such as those.

13 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Yes, this is what I'm unclear on. We've seen his office and we've seen his work on his wife, but I don't think he's an ER plastics guy who rolls in for any old car crash victim. I can't remember if he's/Jennifer's talked about him being on call for surgeries such as those.

maybe to have privileges at a particular hospital he has to be in the ER rotation.  I don't know...lol and i don't know why I fighting so hard for Bill.  LMAO  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

maybe to have privileges at a particular hospital he has to be in the ER rotation.  I don't know...lol and i don't know why I fighting so hard for Bill.  LMAO  

I have no idea about the ER rotation in that state, but I would fight hard for Bill, too. 😂😂 Outside of those untamed children being an issue, he's really supportive of Jennifer and her family. I feel like he's the voice of reason in quite a few episodes. ❤️

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Re: Teresa's voice. In season one she spoke very differently but the most part. Sure she yelled but that squeak wasn't there the way it is now.

You’re probably right—I don’t remember it being there season one, but it was there season two!  When they were playing pool and Juicy asked Teresa if she got arrested at the country club and she squealed “no’ a bunch of times...my window panes cracked.  

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Waking up in the Morning Thinking About so Many Things.....  I hate myself 

Oh, now it’s in my head!  I’m trying to think where to redirect my thoughts:  “first you were one, then you were two...” or “I just want to grow up”.  The only thing I’m shocked about is that Antonia hasn’t had a song yet, she just walked in fashion week...right?  😧

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

It could be that the show is more boring this year because life is more boring although one would not know it by watching the restaurant scenes. There is not much that can be done about this given Covid. Producers, don’t panic, bring back the cast sans Jackie when things open up. I like them all Z(except Jackie and maybe Melissa) but now is not the tome to try something different.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, he has talked about being on call so he’s probably on some sort of rotation for when these types of surgeries are necessary unscheduled.

18 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

It is their new shore house and it is stunning. 

What town is it in?  The kitchen area kind of looked like a garage, but the pool area was beautiful.

9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

The only ones I thought looked good were Jennifer, before she turned into a mess, and Melissa, who just seemed to be wearing a regular cover up and swim suit.  All the others looked sweaty and....unfresh.  Yuck.  Natural daytime lighting coupled with the awful NJ humidity was no one’s friend on that day.

Michelle’s husband was a mess.  His greasy hair, chest hair coming out of the top of his shirt, weird facial hair, just way too much hair. I do think he took the high road when JoGo confronted him though.

It was funny hearing JoGo telling Frank that Margaret dressed Joe B especially since we saw a previous scene of her doing exactly that.  Speaking of Margaret, I can barely look at her.  WHAT happened to her face?!?!  She got a face transplant??

I think Delores looks great and I am not judging because my ass is plenty dimpled, but if she had so much surgery on her ass why does she still have so much cellulite?  Is that just one of those things that never goes away?

Lastly, I am not a prude by any means but I am so sick of all the vulgar sex talk.  I don’t find it funny, just very gross and low brow, even for a low brow reality show.  Talking about the way you taste, asking Antonia if her boyfriend has touched her, ewwww, I can barely type it.  There are different ways you can talk about the same exact things without being so disgusting.  I’m so over it.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

When Delores got in that pool and 2 seconds later her rear got in... you could hear all the men groan,'' OOooooo!"   I dont know, I just think a lot of junk in the trunk is gross.  A nice shape is one thing but sometimes too much is too much.  But I'm from the generation that used to try on clothes and ask my friends,''Does this make my rear look big?" and worry that it did.  I can't get used to girls wanting a fat rear! 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes, he has talked about being on call so he’s probably on some sort of rotation for when these types of surgeries are necessary unscheduled.

What town is it in?  The kitchen area kind of looked like a garage, but the pool area was beautiful.

The only ones I thought looked good were Jennifer, before she turned into a mess, and Melissa, who just seemed to be wearing a regular cover up and swim suit.  All the others looked sweaty and....unfresh.  Yuck.  Natural daytime lighting coupled with the awful NJ humidity was no one’s friend on that day.

Michelle’s husband was a mess.  His greasy hair, chest hair coming out of the top of his shirt, weird facial hair, just way too much hair. I do think he took the high road when JoGo confronted him though.

It was funny hearing JoGo telling Frank that Margaret dressed Joe B especially since we saw a previous scene of her doing exactly that.  Speaking of Margaret, I can barely look at her.  WHAT happened to her face?!?!  She got a face transplant??

I think Delores looks great and I am not judging because my ass is plenty dimpled, but if she had so much surgery on her ass why does she still have so much cellulite?  Is that just one of those things that never goes away?

Lastly, I am not a prude by any means but I am so sick of all the vulgar sex talk.  I don’t find it funny, just very gross and low brow, even for a low brow reality show.  Talking about the way you taste, asking Antonia if her boyfriend has touched her, ewwww, I can barely type it.  There are different ways you can talk about the same exact things without being so disgusting.  I’m so over it.

I freaking loved that part because its exactly what me and my besties of 45+ years do to each other.  The old friendships is why I'm drawn to the show. I live 4 blocks from my mother, 2 blocks from grade school.  I'm 56 and still besties with my kindergarten friends and all our husbands are besties too.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

/shudders

Plastic surgeons often deal with facial injuries, burns, etc. I worked with one who was also a hand specialist, so he performed many non-cosmetic surgeries. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

I have no idea about the ER rotation in that state, but I would fight hard for Bill, too. 😂😂 Outside of those untamed children being an issue, he's really supportive of Jennifer and her family. I feel like he's the voice of reason in quite a few episodes. ❤️

I like that Bill doesn’t blindly support Jen, a la Ken Todd. He’s honest with her and questions her bad behavior, yet remains supportive. 

27 minutes ago, stcroix said:

When Delores got in that pool and 2 seconds later her rear got in... you could hear all the men groan,'' OOooooo!"   I dont know, I just think a lot of junk in the trunk is gross.  A nice shape is one thing but sometimes too much is too much.  But I'm from the generation that used to try on clothes and ask my friends,''Does this make my rear look big?" and worry that it did.  I can't get used to girls wanting a fat rear! 🤷‍♀️

I grew up the same, but I’m not sure if I’d call naturally large butts gross.  When I was growing up, stretch marks and dimples cellulite was not desirable. So it confuses me when my young cousin struts around in front of me in her thong, praising her “Latina ass” (that she actually inherited from her 75% Polish mother - she’s only 25% South American), while her dimpled, stretch-marked, bouncing bottom does it thing. Same with a couple of women on this show. But then I’m a straight woman. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I know enough about editing to think that actual filming time doesn't necessarily jive with the time of day the final scene shown on the episode is suggesting.  Some of those evening calls could have taken place at a different time or even another day of the week.  

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Michelle’s husband was a mess.  His greasy hair, chest hair coming out of the top of his shirt, weird facial hair, just way too much hair.

It was the hair on his head that bothered me. It looked like more product than actual hair.  I couldn't tell if he was going for a comb over to cover his bald spot or just one of those long, slicked back styles, but it was a fail for either.  All I kept seeing was that one particularly wayward strand.  Maybe it was just a very hot day and the hair product was simply melting in the heat.

6 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Michelle looked like she was wearing Dorinda's fake boobs.

It wound up looking like solid breast from clavicle to waist.  Some people could really benefit from properly fitted support bras. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

The label said it was in Tom's River, NJ; which would put it on the west side of Barnegat Bay. So about a 10 min drive to the ocean but still right on the water and perfect for all your water toys and crab hunting. I covet it!

I thought the cast went there 1 or 2 years ago, but I could be wrong. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

The label said it was in Tom's River, NJ; which would put it on the west side of Barnegat Bay. So about a 10 min drive to the ocean but still right on the water and perfect for all your water toys and crab hunting. I covet it!

They all went to someone's house out there but it sure didn't look like that.  Now that I'm thinking about it, didn't a lot of them have their beach homes damaged from Hurricane Sandy or some other storm? It seems like I remember them talking about it.  Insurance $$ and now this upgrade makes it much nicer. 

It is a different house all together, they "upgraded."  It was in the press a while back.  Melissq has also said she prefers a bay house to a beach house.  Truth be told, a waterfront house in Tom's River is going to be much more affordable than beachfron LBI.  They got that one for under $1M.  Put 3000sf beachfront with a pool and you are looking at a much different price point.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/16/exclusive-rhonjs-melissa-gorga-and-husband-joe-buy-975k-new-jersey-shore-house-see-photos-of-inside-and-the-beautiful-views/

They are also building a new, smaller house in Franklin Lakes.  Melissa said she doesn't want the huge house again.  Honestly, it sounds to me like they are trying to lower their overhead somewhat.  

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, stcroix said:

Yes. The new biggest(!) thing in fashionable bodies is what we used to call having a fat ass. 

if you genetically have one, no one should shame you but I find it strange that it is now so desirable. I don’t remember any young women (or men)  seeing this attribute as a positive back in the day.  Don’t know how some of these very large backsides even find clothes to fit.  Hence so much stretchy fabrics. 
I’ve got to hand it to these Jersey women though, they just wear what they like no matter how awful it looks on their bodies. It’s amusing. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I have amazing, happy memories of family vacations on LBI and Beach Haven which was a dry town back in the day, believe it or not...we would rent a house for a couple of weeks and us kids would run the town from daylight till dinner.  One of the houses we rented was on the market for $10,000, it was two off the beach and my parents were hysterical about who would spend that for a beach house, hindsight being 20/20, we still shake our heads at that and I had to grow up without a family beach house (sympathy anyone? LOL). Frame of reference, it was the early to mid 70's, my mother thought she would open a coffee shop on the island that served fresh baked cookies and everyone told her she was nuts for thinking she could earn any money selling coffee and cookies. Mrs. Fields and Starbucks did not exist yet, le sigh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Eh, don't go by this show; "they all" think nothing of the kind. I live right in their general area and and could count on one hand how many noncompliant people I've seen over the last year (kind of surprising, considering how put out people act about it). That said, I work from home and am not going to restaurants and parties. But even one of our local old-man dive bars had a sign saying something like "Relax, we will open when the time is right."

@Baltimore Betty, me too! My grandma’s (year-round) small house was about 2 minutes from Joe and Teresa’s old one and also was right on the lagoon. After Sandy, she moved (the repairs would have taken a long time and cost a ton, especially to raise the foundation) and the house has been razed; someone will probably build something that is way too big for the lot and dwarf the houses on either side. I miss it!

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 5.50.58 PM.png

Edited by TattleTeeny
Awww, man...found it on Google. "It" being the now-empty lot.
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes. The new biggest(!) thing in fashionable bodies is what we used to call having a fat ass. 

if you genetically have one, no one should shame you but I find it strange that it is now so desirable. I don’t remember any young women (or men)  seeing this attribute as a positive back in the day.  Don’t know how some of these very large backsides even find clothes to fit.  Hence so much stretchy fabrics. 
I’ve got to hand it to these Jersey women though, they just wear what they like no matter how awful it looks on their bodies. It’s amusing. 

I agree. It's now a "fitness goal" to have that plumpy rear. Good for the gals that have one naturally but that ain't me & I'll be darned if now or closer to age 50, I'd be PAYING for one! This past year, I've begun working out regularly. I've done squats, jump squats, squat jump switches within an inch of my life. My knees are starting to turn on me & getting noisy & painful. That said, if you got it, you got it. If not, you don't.  I'll say one thing- fitness wise, you DO want to work the "posterior chain," which will ultimately take stress off your back & knees. I never knew how important a strong butt is. But to look like an apple ass in jeans, it shouldn't be the be-all/end all. Surprising how Delores dresses usually kinda 50's inspired retro & altogether conservatively considering the sex vixen body she's been paying for. She looks to usually wear tablecloths around her waist. But the bikini was other-worldly! 

• Love 3

Since hearing Teresa talking about her "peach" I kept thinking there was more to it than her giving a body part the name of a fruit.  I grew up around people who used a lot of Italian-American slang and I knew there was something familiar about it.  Well, I think I found it, and given Teresa's penchant for malapropisms I think I am on the right track. I do remember some people saying something that sounded like feesh.

"fica or figa (pl. fiche or fighe) [ˈfiːka] [ˈfiːga]: it means pussy. In past times it was also the name of an obscene gesture called gesto delle fiche. It also means sexy, hot and attractive if referring to a woman."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_profanity

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

It is a different house all together, they "upgraded."  It was in the press a while back.  Melissq has also said she prefers a bay house to a beach house.  Truth be told, a waterfront house in Tom's River is going to be much more affordable than beachfron LBI.  They got that one for under $1M.  Put 3000sf beachfront with a pool and you are looking at a much different price point.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/16/exclusive-rhonjs-melissa-gorga-and-husband-joe-buy-975k-new-jersey-shore-house-see-photos-of-inside-and-the-beautiful-views/

They are also building a new, smaller house in Franklin Lakes.  Melissa said she doesn't want the huge house again.  Honestly, it sounds to me like they are trying to lower their overhead somewhat.  

Oh I see!  It looks very nice. I apparently live in the wrong area of America.  Wish my husbands 'job' and my little clothing store earned enough for all the luxuries these two have.  🙄

• Love 1

OMG .. haven’t watched this show since Tre went to jail.  All I saw these last two episodes were new faces carved from old faces and fat asses.  They still dress like they did when they started, which is not a good look.  Tre’s bathing suit with strings cover up was ridiculous.  Her face even worse.  Joe & Melissa still pretending to be so in love, and him still after her sexually is embarrassing.  That little twerp is still coniving at being a big businessman and buying houses he can’t afford.  What happened to Margaret’s face, the chin?  Was that medical or botoxed to death?  My Italian husband told me to get that shit off. He’s embarrassed for his culture with these people with pretend jobs and lavish lifestyle.  All gimmicks .. not real jobs, except the doctor and the blondes husband, I think.  The houses, the food, the clothes, the jewelry.  I just can’t.  Cathy W. Maybe coming back and maybe the other pain in the ass who makes the best meatballs, haha.  My ass.  Caroline, that’s her name.  Andy loves her.  Yuk.  What a mess these people are.  Being a New Yorker, I hope I don’t sound like them.  Plus, we had real honest jobs with pensions.  These people ..I still don’t know where the money comes from.  The show?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, stcroix said:

Oh I see!  It looks very nice. I apparently live in the wrong area of America.  Wish my husbands 'job' and my little clothing store earned enough for all the luxuries these two have.  🙄

From your mouth to the feds ears.  Just saying.  I have been skeptical of that since day one.  

I remember there was a reunion where somebody asked Melissa what Joe actually did for work.  She couldn't answer.  She stumbled around saying he was very successful.

I can say flat out what my hunny does.  So can everybody I know.  Jackie can say Evan is in finance.  Jennifer can say Dr. Aydin.  Dolores can point out former lawyer and now a house flipper.  Marge can say contractor.  Melissa?  Where there is smoke...that is all. 

Speaking of Dr. Aydin, you would be surprised what plastic surgeons get called in for.  I know a woman who fell and needed a few stiches in her forehead.  They had a plastic surgeon do it.  Why?  Because it was a woman who cut open her head and a plastic surgeon would have the experience to do the stiches to minimize scarring as much as possible (they didn't even offer the option, they just automatically had a plastic surgeon do it rather than one of the ER docs.).  So even a little thing like that can need require a plastic surgeon at a hospital.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

OMG .. haven’t watched this show since Tre went to jail.  All I saw these last two episodes were new faces carved from old faces and fat asses.  They still dress like they did when they started, which is not a good look.  Tre’s bathing suit with strings cover up was ridiculous.  Her face even worse.  Joe & Melissa still pretending to be so in love, and him still after her sexually is embarrassing.  That little twerp is still coniving at being a big businessman and buying houses he can’t afford.  What happened to Margaret’s face, the chin?  Was that medical or botoxed to death?  My Italian husband told me to get that shit off. He’s embarrassed for his culture with these people with pretend jobs and lavish lifestyle.  All gimmicks .. not real jobs, except the doctor and the blondes husband, I think.  The houses, the food, the clothes, the jewelry.  I just can’t.  Cathy W. Maybe coming back and maybe the other pain in the ass who makes the best meatballs, haha.  My ass.  Caroline, that’s her name.  Andy loves her.  Yuk.  What a mess these people are.  Being a New Yorker, I hope I don’t sound like them.  Plus, we had real honest jobs with pensions.  These people ..I still don’t know where the money comes from.  The show?

Well if they bring Kathy and Caroline back, I'm out again. I left when they came in for real for a couple of seasons, then starting watching again after Kathy and Caroline were kicked out. (my half Sicilian husband's family is soooo far from anything like these people on N.Jersey that it's not even funny. These people remind me of the movie Goodfellas)  

• Love 5

The Marge cracked me up when picking out her husband’s outfit.  Joe, you like olives! And the pink shorts highlight the pimientos! 😂😂😂 she sounded like a mom laying out Garanimals for her child.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

The Marge cracked me up when picking out her husband’s outfit.  Joe, you like olives! And the pink shorts highlight the pimientos! 😂😂😂 she sounded like a mom laying out Garanimals for her child.

But that was the beauty of Garanimals: mom The Marge wouldn't have to pick out the clothes. Joe could match the pink flamingo on the label of the cocktail shirt to the pink flamingo on the label of the shorts and dress himself. I know some men that would benefit from Garanimals, tho I guess you'd have to adjust it to matching predator and prey, or maybe meat or types of alcohol or weaponry.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Hiyo said:

Hey now, you forgot the most important one, Mel’s singing career!

Also I seem to remember her trying with a jewelry line as well?

Mels singing career that he built that recording studio in the basement.  That career? Thank goodness for Theresa or she would not be on the show.

• LOL 2
On 3/20/2021 at 7:04 AM, chediavolo said:

I'm in my 50s and I definitely remember guys preferring a bigger booty to no booty. But nothing that looks like these butt implants.

16 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

From your mouth to the feds ears.  Just saying.  I have been skeptical of that since day one.  

I remember there was a reunion where somebody asked Melissa what Joe actually did for work.  She couldn't answer.  She stumbled around saying he was very successful.

I can say flat out what my hunny does.  So can everybody I know.  Jackie can say Evan is in finance.  Jennifer can say Dr. Aydin.  Dolores can point out former lawyer and now a house flipper.  Marge can say contractor.  Melissa?  Where there is smoke...that is all. 

Speaking of Dr. Aydin, you would be surprised what plastic surgeons get called in for.  I know a woman who fell and needed a few stiches in her forehead.  They had a plastic surgeon do it.  Why?  Because it was a woman who cut open her head and a plastic surgeon would have the experience to do the stiches to minimize scarring as much as possible (they didn't even offer the option, they just automatically had a plastic surgeon do it rather than one of the ER docs.).  So even a little thing like that can need require a plastic surgeon at a hospital.  

I had a plastic surgeon come into the ER when I got bit on the lip by my little dog. They had to call him in.  (Like others have said, too, plastic surgeons do lots of non-elective surgeries. My dermatologist always sends out any basal cell cancers on the face to plastic surgeons and a lot of them do hand surgeries.)  I think there is also always the possibility of complications with elective surgeries. I can definitely believe he gets called in.

I wonder how them being on the show affects his practice. On RHOC, I could not STAND Terry Dubrow. I just was not a fan of him or his wife and would not consider using him (if I was inclined to do plastic surgery) but when I watched Botched, he seemed so much more personable in his own comfortable place, I guess. At first Bill seemed pretty stiff and controlling but not so much now.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I hope Kathy doesn’t come back. I remember her and Richie’s glee at Teresa having to go to prison. I always thought it was awful now Tre’s family came on the show to tear her down which makes it impossible for me to like Melissa today. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I hope Kathy doesn’t come back. I remember her and Richie’s glee at Teresa having to go to prison. I always thought it was awful now Tre’s family came on the show to tear her down which makes it impossible for me to like Melissa today. 

Plus, no storyline. How boring was it watching Kathy go to different commercial kitchens to figure out her mail-order cannoli business?

I think these shows just get stale. I don't know that there's a way out of that. I don't know if it is a result of the women changing because of the fame/notoriety or what. Just most of these shows to me are not watchable, anymore. I don't watch them all but I've watched RHOC (not last 2 seasons - got no interest in Gina, Emily, et al), RHONY (still has my interest), RHOA (nope, not anymore - watch these as an escape from politics/the news), RHOP (still enjoy it), RHONJ (barely hanging on). I find Jennifer the most interesting on this Jersey show.

• Love 6