Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E01: The Blind Auditions Season Premiere

• Start Topic

Snap thoughts on the premiere:

If your whole schtick is that you have some fluency in Chinese and had previously performed in China singing in English/Chinese...why the heck are you not doing your blind audition in both languages? I would've bet $$ that had she sang the 2nd verse in Chinese, she would've gotten a minimum of one chair to turn for her.

Raine & Victor were clearly the standouts of the night. I'm really excited to see where each goes as the competition moves into the battles/KOs/Live shows.

Kenzie (that's a first for me anyway...I've never seen a guy assumedly named McKenzie, shorten it up to Kenzie) was a very competent country singer, the older guy Blake had a history with had an interesting tone,

The girl who sang Watermelon Sugar was borderline terrible. WTF did John and Kelly hear from her? She straight up stole a team spot from a much more talented contestant..

• Love 1

I am so glad to see Nick Jonas back - I don't watch the seasons where Gwen is on. She is too annoying for me. Kelly is over the top, too, so many times I wait until the actual competition starts to avoid the begging and "joking" that has nothing to do with the singing. 

I think the coaches have to have some people on their teams who are not so good because they can afford to lose them or cut them when making choices. They will always pretend to be sorry when they do the matches, but you just know that many of these people will be sacrificial lambs. Still, I was surprised (was it Cam?) chose Blake over John.

• Love 5

I actually liked the girl who sang "be happy" and was disappointed when the judges were all 'we want more intensity.'  What's wrong with artists who sign happy, feel good songs?  I know the show likes singers who belt and do runs, but I just like listening to singers who make me feel good, oh and sign clearly so I actually know what the words are.  

Did not necessarily care for John signing songs to every team member, but Kelly needed to just let him sign without adding to his songs.

• Love 3

This is the first time where I thought quite a few of the singers were not very good, or even bad, and I fast forwarded through their auditions. No one really stood out to me, but I'm still glad the show is back!

• Love 3

I've never watched this show but happened to tune in at the end for Victor the gospel the singer.  He was very good.  Kelly didn't push the button for him because she said she wouldn't be able to compete with John Legend to get the guy to pick her?  Aren't they supposed to push the button if they think the person is a good singer?

Also, I haven't seen Carson Daley in years... what happened to him?  He doesn't look like he has aged all that much except it looks like he put on a ton of weight.  

23 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually liked the girl who sang "be happy" and was disappointed when the judges were all 'we want more intensity.'  What's wrong with artists who sign happy, feel good songs?  I know the show likes singers who belt and do runs, but I just like listening to singers who make me feel good, oh and sign clearly so I actually know what the words are.  

I agree. I think she sounded better then some of the ones that got a chair turn.

I don't understand why they turn on the first note with some singers then others when they don't turn it's because "they needed to hear more feelings" or something.

I'm glad Nick is back but I'm so over the judges squabbles and talking when the contestants are singing. Kelly yelled out "I love your voice" when the guy was still singing. Then when he was done fell on the floor, begging him to pick her.

I don't know if it was a good thing for Blake's friend to go on his team because how is that going to make Blake and his friend feel if he has to cut him. That might lead to some bad blood because I believe this guy is really counting on Blake to help him.

No one stood out to me as a front-runner yet.

10 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I agree. I think she sounded better then some of the ones that got a chair turn.

I don't understand why they turn on the first note with some singers then others when they don't turn it's because "they needed to hear more feelings" or something.

I'm glad Nick is back but I'm so over the judges squabbles and talking when the contestants are singing. Kelly yelled out "I love your voice" when the guy was still singing. Then when he was done fell on the floor, begging him to pick her.

I don't know if it was a good thing for Blake's friend to go on his team because how is that going to make Blake and his friend feel if he has to cut him. That might lead to some bad blood because I believe this guy is really counting on Blake to help him.

No one stood out to me as a front-runner yet.

I think that if the guy is counting on Blake to help him, he'd have contacted him sometime during the 25 years since their band broke up.

• Love 1