Type keyword(s) to search

Will Kenya get an apology? (S7 spoiler)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry, I can't get the spoiler tag to show and I've tried several times.  This is just a reminder that this is a spoiler for Season 7, before you read on.

On camera, Apollo FINALLY admits he lied about Kenya.  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2014/07/24/apollo-nida-finally-comes-clean-about-kenya-moore-pursuing-him/  Phaedra went to talk show after talk show telling the story of Kenya harassing her husband at a hotel. He had to change rooms (without telling her) to get away from Kenya.  She offered her oral sex. Together they, and the other HWs, told the world that Kenya chased Apollo and that she needed to leave married men alone.

1 - Does anyone buy Phaedra being in the dark about the lie?  I don't. I think she thought Apollo would keep quiet.

2 - Will she apologize?  Can't see it ever happening.

3 - How did they think that weak story could last?

4 -What about the other HWs?  They engendered a lot of hatred toward Kenya for something she didn't do, Kandi in particular.

I think the HWs have a real mess on their hands.

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 5

Phaedra is so stupid sometimes. Well, she married Apollo right out of prison... He was obviously cheating on her with someone when in L.A., as he wasn't in the room he was supposed to be in. So, let's blame it on Kenya, is his grand idea. And Phaedra goes along with it because she doesn't want to admit to herself she's married to a liar.

I've been a Kenya supporter once it became clear to me that she was getting a raw deal from these women. Her first season, I couldn't stand her because I thought she was just batshit crazy with that whole Walter storyline. Then, in her second season, you could tell she learned how to play the Housewife game, and she came off as one of the few sane ones in the bunch. After her one-on-one interview with Andy, where she proved she was telling the truth about a lot of things, and that Porsha was put up to coming after her by NeNe and Phaedra... at that point I wouldn't blame her if she walked away from this craziness, but another part of me wants her to hang in there and stick it to each and every one of them.

• Love 9

Phaedra is so stupid sometimes. Well, she married Apollo right out of prison... He was obviously cheating on her with someone when in L.A., as he wasn't in the room he was supposed to be in. So, let's blame it on Kenya, is his grand idea. And Phaedra goes along with it because she doesn't want to admit to herself she's married to a liar.

I've been a Kenya supporter once it became clear to me that she was getting a raw deal from these women. Her first season, I couldn't stand her because I thought she was just batshit crazy with that whole Walter storyline. Then, in her second season, you could tell she learned how to play the Housewife game, and she came off as one of the few sane ones in the bunch. After her one-on-one interview with Andy, where she proved she was telling the truth about a lot of things, and that Porsha was put up to coming after her by NeNe and Phaedra... at that point I wouldn't blame her if she walked away from this craziness, but another part of me wants her to hang in there and stick it to each and every one of them.

Yep.  Phaedra's lame attempts to spin Apollo into an innocent victim and go all over Atlanta telling that lie was shameful.  And no, she will never apologize, and she will probably continue to sling dirt at Kenya.  Kandi just bought into Phaedra's ministrations, and wanted to protect her "poor, innocent friend"  I don't think Kenya was blameless in everything, but I think she got all the blame for something she didn't even do.  I think Kenya is probably the most intelligent of the bunch, she has managed to play a character that is intelligent and biting, and evil, but still, IMO likable.  It took Nene years to get on Apprentice, its taken Kenya two, and I'll be interested in seeing how she does.

• Love 6

Finally! He half assed admitted the truth in Mexico, but now he does it sober.

I have a feeling that he did it more to get back at Phae (who is rumored to be divorcing him) than to be an honorable man and own up to what he did to Kenya. I'm willing to bet that if Phae showed up to that Bar One party, Kenya would have never gotten her vindication.

What's really unfortunate is how easily that weak story did last so long - and would have lasted longer if Apollo had taken his lie to prison with him. It's crazy how easily Apollo and Phae destroyed a woman's reputation like that with just one lie. I mean, people HATE Kenya. Twitterverse (and a lot of people in TWoP) tattooed that scarlet letter on Kenya despite all the holes in Apollo/Phae's story and Kenya bringing her receipts. I mean, public hate for Kenya was verging on the level of Casey Anthony hate minus the picket signs. People hated Kenya as if she had personally broken up all of their marriages. It was far too easy for Apollo/Phae to rally the self-righteous troops across America against Kenya.

4 -What about the other HWs?  They engendered a lot of hatred toward Kenya for something she didn't do, Kandi in particular

That was the real dagger in my book. Yes, Apollo told his lie to cover his ass with his wife and Phae perpetuated the lie to (1) save face of her crumbling marriage, and (2) to have a storyline the past 2 seasons (that mortuary bullshit is all she had and that was the driest storyline ever!). But in reading the comments of people on blogs, they were saying things like "the whole cast hates her and they know the behind-the-scenes stuff so it must be true". The cast jumping behind Apollo/Phae's lie is what gave that lie some legs. It would have just been a he said/she said situation without the cast jumping in. The entire cast treated Kenya like shit for an entire (long ass!) season over this mess. Everyone on that show except Cynthia and Gregg owe Kenya an apology. They went in hard blaming her for everything wrong in their lives, including a physical fight between men that she wasn't even part of, all because of the hatred they bore against her due to this lie.

Lastly, I hope that last bit in the article about Kenya apologizing is bullshit. I find Kenya completely blameless in this situation. I see nothing she needs to apologize for given that she never pursued Apollo. Anguilla was the level of harmless flirting that I do with my friends all the time and especially do on vacation (she flirted with Phae as much as she did Apollo that night). Hell, it's a lame group vacation if all I do is one sex joke and push you into the pool. I don't see what she would be apologizing for. I don't believe in blaming the victim and Kenya was certainly victimized by this lie.

• Love 8
(edited)

Can't say I agree with the poor Kenya angle at all.   For one thing, Kenya flirted with Apollo and let it be known to anyone who would listen that she wanted him.  Next, when he texted her, the honorable thing to do was not text back.  She knew what she was doing and no, she is no innocent in this mess.  As for text-gate in general, KENYA started that ball rolling when SHE brought it up at the reunion.  Phaedra knew about the texting but chose not to bring it up in public.  Kenya, on the otherhand, had no problem bringing it up just to hurt Phaedra.  It backfired on her and now she wants vendication?  I do not feel she deserves it.  She brought it on herself and have no one to blame for her "tarnished" reputation but her.  No one knew about the texting but her and the Nidas.  Phaedra was prepared to keep it that way but Kenya wanted to hurt her and what better low blow than to let Phaedra know that she couldv'e had her husband if she so chose. 

It is like Phaedra is getting slapped both ways by everyone because she loved the wrong man.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 17
As for text-gate in general, KENYA started that ball rolling when SHE brought it up at the reunion.  Phaedra knew about the texting but chose not to bring it up in public.  Kenya, on the other hand, had no problem bringing it up just to hurt Phaedra.  It backfired on her and now she wants vendication?

You took the words out of my mouth.  Kenya not only brought up the texting, but also implied that it was inappropriate.  When things started to spiral and she got labeled as a home wrecker, she backtracked and stated (with proof) that the texts were innocent.  I believe she showed them to Kandi, who rightfully asked Kenya why she made the texts sound a certain way at the reunion.  

Apollo definitely used it to his advantage.  Phae probably suspected something, but what better way for Apollo to get out of it while asking for forgiveness, than to cast suspicion on the chick who had already "backstabbed" them and showed interest in him on camera...Phae was all too eager to accept it as fact given Kenya's behavior.  It sucks for both Kenya and Phaedra, but they both played equal roles in the outcome.

And all over that damn knucklehead!

• Love 1

As for text-gate in general, KENYA started that ball rolling when SHE brought it up at the reunion.

From what I remember of those texts that were shared at the reunion, they were pretty innocent. Apollo was trying to get his own video deal going with Kenya, without Phaedra knowing about it, and when it was brought up it was all of a sudden these evil texts that Kenya sent to Apollo. I never saw anything that showed Kenya was trying to start something with him via text.

• Love 4
(edited)

From what I remember of those texts that were shared at the reunion, they were pretty innocent. Apollo was trying to get his own video deal going with Kenya, without Phaedra knowing about it, and when it was brought up it was all of a sudden these evil texts that Kenya sent to Apollo. I never saw anything that showed Kenya was trying to start something with him via text.

I agree that the texts on the whole were innocent, although calling someone else's husband babe is a bit of a no-no, but the way in which Kenya bought up the texts heavily implied that there had been inappropriate messages... Apollo saying he didn't really care for Kenya and her snapping back "well stop texting me then" did seem to be done in a way where she wanted people to think that he had been inappropriate with her. 

It was only when it got flipped back on her and the Nida's started accusing her of things that she started insisting the texts were innocent. 

I do think she is owed an apology for how far the lies went though.

Edited by PrincessTT
  • Love 2

the way in which Kenya bought up the texts heavily implied that there had been inappropriate messages... Apollo saying he didn't really care for Kenya and her snapping back "well stop texting me then"

I can see that another way. Kenya did indeed think the texts were inappropriate, he was trying to solicit her to produce a video for him without telling Phaedra. I think Kenya wanted this information out there so that perhaps Apollo would back off and Phaedra would take away his phone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can't say I agree with the poor Kenya angle at all.   For one thing, Kenya flirted with Apollo and let it be known to anyone who would listen that she wanted him.  Next, when he texted her, the honorable thing to do was not text back.  She knew what she was doing and no, she is no innocent in this mess.  As for text-gate in general, KENYA started that ball rolling when SHE brought it up at the reunion.  Phaedra knew about the texting but chose not to bring it up in public.  Kenya, on the otherhand, had no problem bringing it up just to hurt Phaedra.  It backfired on her and now she wants vendication?  I do not feel she deserves it.  She brought it on herself and have no one to blame for her "tarnished" reputation but her.  No one knew about the texting but her and the Nidas.  Phaedra was prepared to keep it that way but Kenya wanted to hurt her and what better low blow than to let Phaedra know that she couldv'e had her husband if she so chose. 

It is like Phaedra is getting slapped both ways by everyone because she loved the wrong man.

I just re-watched pt.3 of the s5 reunion to get my facts straight and it didn't go down like that. Yes, Kenya brought up the texts, but it was not to suggest that the two were hooking up. The argument during the reunion was over the video. Nearly half of the episode was Peter and Apollo going in on Kenya over Walter. Then when it finally winds down, Andy asks Apollo, "how do you feel about Kenya now knowing that she and your wife are at odds?". Apollo responds, "well, I dislike Kenya to the fact of the business perspective" and he goes on about about how he doesn't care for her as a person/friend. Kenya then responds, "maybe you should stop texting me then". Apollo then says, "maybe you should stop texting me, since we left Anguilla you been trying to get with me". That was the turn in the conversation. Kenya brought up innocent texts as evidence that they were friends to counter Apollo's statement that he didn't care for her as a person, not to hurt Phae. Perfectly legit. Apollo turned that around into a lie. Apollo then goes into this whole tale about how he had to change hotels to get away from Kenya and how she texted him saying "I will do to you what your wife won't" and other nonsense. As he's ranting, Kenya immediately pulls out her phone to pull up the texts and hands her phone to Andy to prove that the texts were innocent. Never did Kenya insinuate that the texts were something sexual, just the opposite, she immediately provided the proof that they weren't the minute Apollo started lying.

As for Kenya letting everybody know that she wanted him, I don't recall that ever happening. In fact, she has consistently and emphatically stated the opposite. Again, it was Apollo who said that their "physicalities" matched.

I see no reason why the honorable thing to do would have been for Kenya to not text back. When they were texting back and forth, they were at the very least co-workers given RHoA and there was a slight friendship. A single woman can never text back to a co-worker if he's married? That's a little much for me. Remember, this texting all happened before the reunion, so it was before Apollo concocted his lie, so there was no insinuation of adultery between the two when the texting occurred. If Phae didn't want Apollo to communicate with Kenya because she's still pissed about the Donkey/Stallion video, then it's on Apollo to not initiate or continue texting, I don't see how Kenya was supposed to know at the point in time of those texts that Phae didn't want any communication between the two just because the business deal went left.

Phae is not getting slapped both ways for loving the wrong man, Phae actively perpetuated the lie with the "Whore Moore" bullshit and she needs to apologize for that.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 17

Phae is not getting slapped both ways for loving the wrong man, Phae actively perpetuated the lie with the "Whore Moore" bullshit and she needs to apologize for that.

Double amen and three snaps to that and everything you posted. That is EXACTLY how it went down and how I remember it as well.

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually, it wasn't until crap hit the fan that the origin for the texts came up.  Kenya tried at the reunion to imply that Apollo was sexting her and that was her downfall.  Phaedra at the time was rightfully standing by her huzzbin.  That is why she is probably seeking a lawyer right now.  Kenya was no innocent in this.  She started it and it blew up in her face.  No apologies needed.

I can see that another way. Kenya did indeed think the texts were inappropriate, he was trying to solicit her to produce a video for him without telling Phaedra. I think Kenya wanted this information out there so that perhaps Apollo would back off and Phaedra would take away his phone.

We ARE talking Kenya, right?  The flirt who takes pleasure in wanting to beat down the pregnant Phaedra? She did not think it was inappropriate.  All she wanted was to make darn sure Phaedra was aware that her husband was texting Kenya.  It was a low blow that flapped back in Kenya and she just couldn't backpeddle fast enough to avoid the backlash.

Why should she?  This woman actively flirted with her husband, made it very clear she was attracted to him not just on the show but to anyone who would listen.  Once the video deal fell through she should have just cut them loose but she didn't.  When Apollo texted her, all she had to do was say "No"   If Kenya is as smart as some claim she is, she would have cut that short right then and there and no further texts would have been allowed. But she kept it going, knowing full well what the consequences might be and how it would look.  If she really felt them inappropriate she would not have texted back, but she did.  Good or bad this was Phae's HUSBAND Kenya was dealing with and she KNEW it was wrong to keep it going; no matter what the case.  And remember, she first brought up working with Apollo BEFORE the texting when she approached him at Todd's birthday party right after her deal with Phaedra fell through.  She still initiated the mess.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 5

WimminWinning, Thanks for taking the time to re-watch the reunion episode, because I was recalling from memory and was wrong.  I agree with what you described.  However, I believe that anytime a single person says something along the lines of "well stop texting me then" to a person who's spouse is present, it is with the intention of making said spouse believe that inappropriateness occurred.  

As for Kenya letting everybody know that she wanted him, I don't recall that ever happening.

She openly flirted with him on several occasions (Anguilla, when her, Phaedra, and Apollo went to dinner for the first time).  And was salivating over him in several talking heads, which Phaedra would have seen by the time the Reunion was taped.  Couple that with Apollo's "she's trying to get with me" nonsense and you have a recipe for a triangle drama. (Which I for one have thoroughly enjoyed watching, up until the last reunion.)

• Love 1

I just re-watched pt.3 of the s5 reunion to get my facts straight and it didn't go down like that. Yes, Kenya brought up the texts, but it was not to suggest that the two were hooking up. The argument during the reunion was over the video. Nearly half of the episode was Peter and Apollo going in on Kenya over Walter. Then when it finally winds down, Andy asks Apollo, "how do you feel about Kenya now knowing that she and your wife are at odds?". Apollo responds, "well, I dislike Kenya to the fact of the business perspective" and he goes on about about how he doesn't care for her as a person/friend. Kenya then responds, "maybe you should stop texting me then". Apollo then says, "maybe you should stop texting me, since we left Anguilla you been trying to get with me". That was the turn in the conversation. Kenya brought up innocent texts as evidence that they were friends to counter Apollo's statement that he didn't care for her as a person, not to hurt Phae. Perfectly legit. Apollo turned that around into a lie. Apollo then goes into this whole tale about how he had to change hotels to get away from Kenya and how she texted him saying "I will do to you what your wife won't" and other nonsense. As he's ranting, Kenya immediately pulls out her phone to pull up the texts and hands her phone to Andy to prove that the texts were innocent. Never did Kenya insinuate that the texts were something sexual, just the opposite, she immediately provided the proof that they weren't the minute Apollo started lying.

As for Kenya letting everybody know that she wanted him, I don't recall that ever happening. In fact, she has consistently and emphatically stated the opposite. Again, it was Apollo who said that their "physicalities" matched.

I see no reason why the honorable thing to do would have been for Kenya to not text back. When they were texting back and forth, they were at the very least co-workers given RHoA and there was a slight friendship. A single woman can never text back to a co-worker if he's married? That's a little much for me. Remember, this texting all happened before the reunion, so it was before Apollo concocted his lie, so there was no insinuation of adultery between the two when the texting occurred. If Phae didn't want Apollo to communicate with Kenya because she's still pissed about the Donkey/Stallion video, then it's on Apollo to not initiate or continue texting, I don't see how Kenya was supposed to know at the point in time of those texts that Phae didn't want any communication between the two just because the business deal went left.

Exactly.  I dont' think that Kenya should have texted Apollo at all because of the tension between her and Phaedra.  I would feel odd if my friend and I were fighting and her boyfriend texted me, but it has always been Apollo who has had this fantasy in his head that Kenya has wanted him, when she IMO couldn't be clearer that she is just playing with him and has no interest.  

Actually, it wasn't until crap hit the fan that the origin for the texts came up.  Kenya tried at the reunion to imply that Apollo was sexting her and that was her downfall.  Phaedra at the time was rightfully standing by her huzzbin.  That is why she is probably seeking a lawyer right now.  Kenya was no innocent in this.  She started it and it blew up in her face.  No apologies needed.

We ARE talking Kenya, right?  The flirt who takes pleasure in wanting to beat down the pregnant Phaedra? She did not think it was inappropriate.  All she wanted was to make darn sure Phaedra was aware that her husband was texting Kenya.  It was a low blow that flapped back in Kenya and she just couldn't backpeddle fast enough to avoid the backlash.

Why should she?  This woman actively flirted with her husband, made it very clear she was attracted to him not just on the show but to anyone who would listen.  Once the video deal fell through she should have just cut them loose but she didn't.  When Apollo texted her, all she had to do was say "No"   If Kenya is as smart as some claim she is, she would have cut that short right then and there and no further texts would have been allowed. But she kept it going, knowing full well what the consequences might be and how it would look.  If she really felt them inappropriate she would not have texted back, but she did.  Good or bad this was Phae's HUSBAND Kenya was dealing with and she KNEW it was wrong to keep it going; no matter what the case.  And remember, she first brought up working with Apollo BEFORE the texting when she approached him at Todd's birthday party right after her deal with Phaedra fell through.  She still initiated the mess.

See, the only issue I take with that, is that WimminWinning has the specific conversation and the flow of how it went.   From what I remember, it went down the way WimminWinning said it did, with Apollo saying that Kenya was trying to get with him, and with her saying that that wasn't the case, and then pulling out her phone with the text messages.  Kenya was playing Apollo, who is simpleminded, but she never said she was interested in him or that she would offer him any sex oral or otherwise.

I don't remember Kenya making any vows to Phaedra, I believe that was Apollo who made those vows, so Phaedra needed to take up the continuing texting with him.  Instead of saying that Kenya was a whore for offering Apollo sex when she never did that.  Mexico was telling, because Phaedra got upset that Apollo and Kenya were talking.  Why?  They weren't doing anything because there was a group of guys watching them not more than 10 feet away.  So Phaedra getting upset couldn't have had anything to do with thinking that they were going to have sex or that Kenya was going to offer to strip down right there and have sex with him.  I think Phaedra was upset because she knows Apollo is a simpleton, and she knows that she has been going around Atlanta lying about Kenya, and she knew that Kenya wasn't the type to not try to get that situation resolved on national TV and embarrass Phaedra.  Which is exactly what she did.

IMO, Kenya played Mexico out like a boss.  And Phaedra got played.  Phaedra thought Apollo was going to a "boys only" night, while she was going to a "girls only" night, and she probably thought that Kenya would be hanging out with Miss Lawrence.  If Phaedra had any idea that Kenya was going to show up, she would have stuck around, because never in a million years would she let Kenya be alone with Apollo because she knows that Kenya would get him to admit the truth.  The first thing she did IIRC was she came over and was asking them what they were talking about.  She had to know with the rest of the guys 10 feet away they weren't talking about hooking up for sex, but I think she realized that she had been going all over Atlanta spreading lies about Kenya, and Kenya may have just gotten Apollo to tell the truth on national TV.  I wonder if Kenya didn't plan that trip primarily for the purpose of getting Apollo to admit everything on national TV.  Phaedra kept a tight leash on Apollo when it came to kenya, so I don't think there was any way that Kenya could have met up with him in Atlanta, and gotten him to admit to anything.  But in Mexico...on vacation....Phaedra let her guard down because she figured she was only in a small resort so there wasn't such a need for a tight leash, and she let Apollo have his "guys night"

I don't think that there is anything wrong with saying anyone is attractive.  There are married men I think are attractive, are you not supposed to find married people physically attractive or are you just not supposed to say they are physically attractive?  I wasn't under the impression that the second you exchanged vows you turned into a troll.  And Phaedra is the first one to try to "southern belle" flirt with people, it just doesn't work all that much in her case.  Her entire scene with Willy Watkins and the prayer cloth to cover her "luscious legs" or whatever was a form of flirting too.  

All Apollo had to do was simply not text Kenya.  And since he is the one that took the vows to Phaedra, he owed her to be loyal to her.

I think the thing that always gets me is how people turn this into all Kenya's fault, when it was really Apollo's fault, and Phaedra's fault for spreading rumors that I highly suspect she knew were not true.  A man who wants to spend 8k on strippers and not on his children is probably not the man who has been faithful throughout their marriage and has been courting other women all along, so I suspect Phaedra knew that what Kenya was saying was true, she was just hoping to lie and save face.

• Love 12
(edited)

WimminWinning I agree with everything you've written and THANK YOU for watching that episode and recapping it.  It's the way I remember it too. Kenya is not responsible for any lie Apollo tells and HE told them. Kenya is the innocent, since she's done nothing wrong. The constant attacks on Kenya, as much from Porsha as Phaedra, were horrible and very un-Christian for someone who screams out for Jesus to" fix it".  Porsha came to the reunion calling Kenya a whore for something she'd NEVER done.  It led to Porsha's empty-headed amped up attack on Kenya.

I find it interesting that Kenya isn't guilty of trying to sleep with that caveman so now she has to be guilty of something, anything, anything that justifies the hatred spewed in her direction.  She can never win if that is the case.  She is still being asked, in some cases, to bear more responsibility than the people who went on national television and lied about her.

RealityGal, I always believed that Apollo was lying, and that Phaedra most likely knew it was a lie, but Mexico convinced me.  Why would Phaedra care if Apollo was talking with Kenya in room full of people? In my opinion, she sounded more like an attorney with a client than a wife speaking about her husband (You are not to speak with my husband without me present). Really?

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 8

Can't say I agree with the poor Kenya angle at all. For one thing, Kenya flirted with Apollo and let it be known to anyone who would listen that she wanted him. Next, when he texted her, the honorable thing to do was not text back. She knew what she was doing and no, she is no innocent in this mess. As for text-gate in general, KENYA started that ball rolling when SHE brought it up at the reunion. Phaedra knew about the texting but chose not to bring it up in public. Kenya, on the otherhand, had no problem bringing it up just to hurt Phaedra. It backfired on her and now she wants vendication? I do not feel she deserves it. She brought it on herself and have no one to blame for her "tarnished" reputation but her. No one knew about the texting but her and the Nidas. Phaedra was prepared to keep it that way but Kenya wanted to hurt her and what better low blow than to let Phaedra know that she couldv'e had her husband if she so chose.

Thanks. You said it all. Kenya is owed nothing. She still flirted with Phaedra's husband on national television. The texts were just one part of the issue. Kenya is still grimy, messy, lowdown, and crazy.

• Love 3

I saw Kenya being playful with Peter, Apollo, and the island official who attended that night's dinner.  She seemed to be trying to get Walter's attention.  She danced up on Peter.  I don't understand how one trip, years before, is evidence she's done something awful when we have seen nothing else. Even after Apollo admitted she did nothing wrong, she can't seem to get the benefit of the doubt.  Kenya seems to be guilty of being a "expletive" for not sleeping with or chasing Apollo.  She didn't try to contact him.  He contacted her.  She didn't pursue anything with him.

Kenya seems to be held accountable for the imaginary misbehavior taking place in Apollo and Phaedra's heads.  If I told the world another person did something they did not do, I believe I'm a decent enough person to make a public apology.  I think this has nothing to do with Kenya, but is a test of Phaedra (lack of?) character.

• Love 8
(edited)

I saw Kenya being playful with Peter, Apollo, and the island official who attended that night's dinner. 

That night she also offered a threesome to Phae and smacked Cynthia or Porsha on the ass (I can't remember which right now). Hell, she's been known to sexually violate pianos, kitchen counters, staircase banisters, and walls. This chick just has a playful personality - I agree that a playful personality is not evidence that she's a whore who's finna sleep with married men.

I don't think Phae really cared about Anguilla given that the workout video collaboration continued after Anguilla. Why continue a project collaboration between Kenya and your husband if you honestly believe that she is out for your man? That only gives them time and opportunity to be together alone. They kept having meetings about the video like nothing happened in Anguilla. Evidently, Anguilla wasn't all that bad - even to the wife. Phae never mentioned Anguilla unless directly asked by Andy - not even under her breath in her reunion "reads". She always harped about the texts and communication between Apollo and Kenya.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 2

I wonder how Kenya would react if the situation was that Porsha was splashing water on Walter playfully and then Walter picker Porsha up and threw her into the pool. And in her talking heads she talked about what a fine looking man Walter was. And what if Porsha got her groove on grinding (but not touching) up against Walter. 

I just get a unsexual vibe from Kenya, even with all her sexualness. I can't explain it but I just don't think she really wants a real relationship with any man.

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think she wants a relationship with a man on camera. I believe 85% of Kenya's antics are strictly for show.  If thats not really who she is, how could she really have a relationship being a person she isn't?  While I certainly don't think she is dating an African prince, I could see her quietly and discreetly dating someone when they aren't airing the show.

I wonder how Kenya would react if the situation was that Porsha was splashing water on Walter playfully and then Walter picker Porsha up and threw her into the pool. And in her talking heads she talked about what a fine looking man Walter was. And what if Porsha got her groove on grinding (but not touching) up against Walter.

I just get a unsexual vibe from Kenya, even with all her sexualness. I can't explain it but I just don't think she really wants a real relationship with any man.

I know exactly what you mean. Kenya is (arguably) beautiful but she doesn't strike me as a sexual person. It could be her lack of social skills throwing me off but I don't know. She really just strikes me as asexual. Her behavior with men seems more like a game to prove she's still got it than being based on any real attraction.

I believe she is the person she presents on the show and that's probably why her family behaves the way they do when around her. Something is off. I can't put my finger on it, but it's there.

• Love 1

All is fair in war so I don't believe Kenya is owed an apology from Phaedra.  I don't believe Kenya has any interest in any of the men on the show, but she knew that she was getting underneath Phaedra's skin and she made a conscious decision to go full throttle.  Phaedra was wrong for lying about Kenya, but she got her just reward for backing Apollo.  It all worked out in the end.

Kenya is due an apology from Porsha however.  Porsha needs to keep her hands to herself and if she cannot handle people saying shit about her ex-husband and/or her family then she needs to stay off Reality TV.

"Spell scepter......we'll wait"....I love this line.

• Love 2

All is fair in war so I don't believe Kenya is owed an apology from Phaedra.  I don't believe Kenya has any interest in any of the men on the show, but she knew that she was getting underneath Phaedra's skin and she made a conscious decision to go full throttle.  Phaedra was wrong for lying about Kenya, but she got her just reward for backing Apollo.  It all worked out in the end.

Kenya is due an apology from Porsha however.  Porsha needs to keep her hands to herself and if she cannot handle people saying shit about her ex-husband and/or her family then she needs to stay off Reality TV.

"Spell scepter......we'll wait"....I love this line.

I do think Phaedra owes her an apology.  She was going all over Atlanta spreading what I highly suspect she knew were lies about Kenya offering to sleep with Apollo.  I don't think Kenya has ever told a straight up lie about Phaedra.  I think Phaedra knew that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, and was never going to have sex with Apollo and that it was probably Apollo who had more interest in Kenya.  Phaedra constantly called Kenya a "whore" and insisted that she offered Apollo sex, I think she knew that was a lie.  Then she would insist that Kenya not talk to Apollo so that she could continue to go around spreading the lie, and that Kenya would have no way to get the truth out.  Thats dirty.  Not only do you insist on calling the girl a whore based on something that you probably know she didn't do, but then you try to set up rules so that she can't even get the truth out.  She was supposed to deal with a scarlet letter because you chose the wrong man?

IMO there is a difference between throwing shade and reading people, versus just straight up lying.

• Love 4

RealityGal, I think Phaedra really thought Kenya was sleeping with Apollo.  To her, it wasn't a lie because she knows her husband looks for opportunities to cheat and disrespect her.  Plus, she accused Kenya of something that she knows that she would do.....people tend to ascribe their behaviors to other people.

It will be interesting to see how she approaches the new season given her current set of circumstances.

• Love 1

Thanks. You said it all. Kenya is owed nothing. She still flirted with Phaedra's husband on national television. The texts were just one part of the issue. Kenya is still grimy, messy, lowdown, and crazy.

People (mostly women) If the first time you and your man meet a another chick and she starts, on about; how fine he is. If that same woman starts talking about having babies by a man she is seeing for the first time,in front of you and the man. And that woman approaches you and your man and ask you about a threesome with your man. And that same woman walks by and not only put her hands on your man she pushes your man in the pool with you and everyone else there (these are some of the scenarios Kenya orchestrated).

This same woman text your husband first.( at  Kandi's birthday party for Todd, when Kenya learned Phaedra had consulted with Todd about producing "their" video.When Kenya realized Phaedra was not on board with their  deal, Kenya pulled dumb ass aside  and told him she would text him the next day, she at that point was trying to get Apollo to go against Phaedra to help her in whatever  the deal she was trying to make.)

So you've seen all of this from a woman who seemingly know no barriers.

And your husband whom you've got his back and you expect he has yours, tell you this same woman is chasing him, offering sex to him and he is turning her down. Who would you believe?

Kenya started the "why don't  you stop texting me"? If there was nothing inappropriate in those text,why would she bring it up? She quickly showed Andy the text, Andy never responded.

How easy is it to erase whatever text you don't want seen. Phaedra saw the text she sent to Apollo, that's where the "I will give you what your wife won't" came from.

You see whorish, no boundaries behavior in her yourself,you know she owes you nothing. Your husband is your husband the father of your children, he owes you everything,

What would make you think he is lying?

So of course you call her a whore and everything else.

You have seen her do more to earn that name, than you've seen her do to be offended by it.

Phaedra owes Kenya nothing. Kenya owes Phaedra an apology, because if Kenya had not started this shit, there would be no shit.  

This is about Kenya and Phaedra...I'm too tired to post what I think about that slimy,imbecile, who disrespected BOTH of these women.

• Love 4

RealityGal, I think Phaedra really thought Kenya was sleeping with Apollo.  To her, it wasn't a lie because she knows her husband looks for opportunities to cheat and disrespect her.  Plus, she accused Kenya of something that she knows that she would do.....people tend to ascribe their behaviors to other people.

It will be interesting to see how she approaches the new season given her current set of circumstances.

I think your point is well taken, and the biggest reason I think otherwise is Mexico.  Why was Phaedra so upset that the two of them were talking?  I mean, I would totally understand if the two of them were in a private corner, but they were in a crowded cigar bar, with 5 guys watching their every move from a distance, and a camera crew filming them.  IMO, it should be clear that they weren't going to have sex, or plan sex with a camera crew around and the rest of the cast watching.  Even if Apollo is that stupid, Kenya isn't.  So if they aren't having sex, or planning sex, why get so upset that they are talking?  I think Phaedra was upset because she knew she had been going around Atlanta telling everyone that Kenya offered Apollo sex, and she knew it wasn't entirely true.  She also knew that Kenya is probably not the sort to just let that slide, and that Apollo is a dummy, and a drunk dummy at that.  Phaedra isn't stupid, she is sneaky, but she isn't stupid.  IMO, she was upset because she knew that Apollo was probably sitting right there, like a dummy spilling the beans.  I think its why Phaedra was super concerned that Kenya not talk to Apollo without her present, because she knows he is a dummy, and that he is more likely to be honest, especially when she isn't around to control the situation.

But I do think your point is valid, as I think Apollo has likely slept with any woman who wears a g-string, glitter lotion and lucite platforms that will give him the time of day (hey, strippers have standards too!).  I'm also very interested to see how Phaedra will deal with the divorce and Apollo going away, I hope she doesn't try to put on with the faux southern belle thing.  The only time I've ever liked Phaedra is when she is just being real, no one has a perfect life and so there is no need to put on.

• Love 3

People (mostly women) If the first time you and your man meet a another chick and she starts, on about; how fine he is. If that same woman starts talking about having babies by a man she is seeing for the first time,in front of you and the man. And that woman approaches you and your man and ask you about a threesome with your man. And that same woman walks by and not only put her hands on your man she pushes your man in the pool with you and everyone else there (these are some of the scenarios Kenya orchestrated).

This same woman text your husband first.( at  Kandi's birthday party for Todd, when Kenya learned Phaedra had consulted with Todd about producing "their" video.When Kenya realized Phaedra was not on board with their  deal, Kenya pulled dumb ass aside  and told him she would text him the next day, she at that point was trying to get Apollo to go against Phaedra to help her in whatever  the deal she was trying to make.)

So you've seen all of this from a woman who seemingly know no barriers.

And your husband whom you've got his back and you expect he has yours, tell you this same woman is chasing him, offering sex to him and he is turning her down. Who would you believe?

Kenya started the "why don't  you stop texting me"? If there was nothing inappropriate in those text,why would she bring it up? She quickly showed Andy the text, Andy never responded.

How easy is it to erase whatever text you don't want seen. Phaedra saw the text she sent to Apollo, that's where the "I will give you what your wife won't" came from.

You see whorish, no boundaries behavior in her yourself,you know she owes you nothing. Your husband is your husband the father of your children, he owes you everything,

What would make you think he is lying?

So of course you call her a whore and everything else.

You have seen her do more to earn that name, than you've seen her do to be offended by it.

Phaedra owes Kenya nothing. Kenya owes Phaedra an apology, because if Kenya had not started this shit, there would be no shit.  

This is about Kenya and Phaedra...I'm too tired to post what I think about that slimy,imbecile, who disrespected BOTH of these women.

If a woman told me my man was good looking I would be thrilled.  I don't date men that look like trolls.  But I also date men that I can trust, so its not really an issue of who finds them attractive and how often they say it, makes no difference to me.  And some women have a different sense of humor than I do, we had a friend in our old group who used to say the most outlandish shit you ever heard in your life.  But we knew it was his personality, so no one took offense.  If he had normally been prim and proper and then started acting outlandish I might have been offended, but if its just who someone is, its hard for me personally to take offense.  So for someone like Kenya, who twerks everything, who talks about being offered dick on her way to the mailbox and all of that makes a joke about a threesome, its hard to take it personally because thats who she is.  And from what I remember of Anguilla it was Apollo who was putting his hands all over Kenya, throwing her around in the pool and what not.  Furthermore, if I'm in a business arrangement with two people, and I want to get it done, I don't think its crazy to text either of those people.  Nothing in what you said suggests to me that she started texting Apollo to have sex with him, it sounds like she was texting him to handle business.  

I know I surely would not believe the man who is busy putting 8k into strippers g-strings but not into my childs college fund.  Thats not the guy I'm going to bat for.  And I would be shocked if this was the first "situation" Apollo has been in with other women, I'll eat my hat if this is the first time that he has tried to cheat on Phaedra.  In fact, I would buy a hat to eat, and then eat the hat if this is the first time infidelity has come up with Apollo.  So no, I would not automatically believe Apollo.  I don't think that a ring on the finger automatically changes anyone, and I have friends who have dated cheaters, married cheaters and then seem somehow shocked when he keeps on cheating.

Of course Kenya kept those text messages from Apollo, it sounds like his were flirty with her, and she was playing him.  I'm not going to say that Kenya using Apollo as a pawn was right, but that doesn't make her a whore, it makes Apollo a moron for letting himself get played.

Yes, Kenya doesn't owe Phaedra anything, so why in the world would she lie?  And I think Phaedra does owe her an apology because I think Phaedra knew good and well that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, and instead of dropping it, she went all over Atlanta knowingly (IMO) lying about Kenya.  This is why Phaedra was so adamant that Kenya never talk to Apollo without her around, because she knew the minute Kenya got Apollo alone he would admit the truth.  And he did...right on camera.  So Phaedra couldn't go around crying about how Apollo was a victim and Kenya was a whore.  Never, in a million years, would Phaedra have let Apollo tell the truth, so the only way the truth would come to light is if Kenya got Apollo alone.  There was no other reason for Phaedra to be so upset with Kenya talking to Apollo in Mexico.  They weren't going to have sex with 5 guys watching and a camera crew filming, so that couldn't be the reason for Phaedra getting so upset.  But Phaedra would definitely be upset if she didn't want Apollo telling the world the truth...which is that Kenya never offered him sex, but that they both had "physicality" or some such nonsense.

• Love 3

As an outsider looking in (because I really don't know what goes on behind closed doors with these people) I believe Phaedra knew what she was doing in trying to not let Apollo talk to Kenya alone, because as has been pointed out several times, the boy just ain't the brightest bulb on the tree. Phaedra worked hard to cultivate the "Kenya Whore Moore" storyline and she didn't want it blowing up in her face.

I remember back to the time in the restaurant when Phaedra was giving Apollo the side eye and a few choice words. Then the mic picked up her absolutely ripping him a new one in the car. That seemed very telling that production left that in there. They knew that this couple didn't get along, probably can't stand each other, yet were putting on a fairytale front for the public.

I have a lot less respect for Phaedra than I used to. How she can spin that around this season is up to her. Personally, I think she should apologize to Kenya, apologize to her kids for all they have probably heard and seen, and apologize to us for making us watch what now appears to be a total farce of a marriage. Whether she needs to apologize for shady money dealings or not remains to be seen.

• Love 4

As an outsider looking in (because I really don't know what goes on behind closed doors with these people) I believe Phaedra knew what she was doing in trying to not let Apollo talk to Kenya alone, because as has been pointed out several times, the boy just ain't the brightest bulb on the tree. Phaedra worked hard to cultivate the "Kenya Whore Moore" storyline and she didn't want it blowing up in her face.

I remember back to the time in the restaurant when Phaedra was giving Apollo the side eye and a few choice words. Then the mic picked up her absolutely ripping him a new one in the car. That seemed very telling that production left that in there. They knew that this couple didn't get along, probably can't stand each other, yet were putting on a fairytale front for the public.

I have a lot less respect for Phaedra than I used to. How she can spin that around this season is up to her. Personally, I think she should apologize to Kenya, apologize to her kids for all they have probably heard and seen, and apologize to us for making us watch what now appears to be a total farce of a marriage. Whether she needs to apologize for shady money dealings or not remains to be seen.

I think thats one of the things that bothers me about Phaedra.  I understand not letting the world know your business, but your on a reality TV show!  And even then, its just so oogy to try to cover up a bad marriage with over the top "sip n see" parties, and photo shoots at your house.  It reminds me of those people who are always doing PDA's but behind closed doors can't stand to touch each other.  

I agree with you about the apologies, maybe she can invite us all to a Dwight party.  On Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Kirk had to throw an apology party, and I feel like that could work...and it would be quite an affair if Dwight is in on it.....

• Love 1

Phaedra worked hard to cultivate the "Kenya Whore Moore" storyline and she didn't want it blowing up in her face.

I believe she called Kenya a whore because she was rightfully pissed off and not that she was cultivating anything other than wanting Kenya to keep her paws off her husband.  Yes, Phaedra probably suspected and sort of knew her own husband was just at fault but...  Kenya started that ball rolling in Anguilla and kept it rolling even while calling both of the Nidas stupid and ignorant while lusting after Apollo.  Everything changed when she found out Phaedra wasn't quite as stupid as she thought but Apollo was.

She first approached Apollo at the bday party and yes, told him to text her without Phaedra being involved right after the video deal fell through.  Talking with Apollo probably made Kenya realize he was no prize no matter how cute but then she could use his lust to hurt Phaedra who seems to be rather proud of being a married respectable woman.  How better to hurt her than to secretly keep the texts going with Apollo.  It was the best way she could slam Phaedra when the chance came.  Everything Kenya did before just made Kenya look crazy but the texts would make Phaedra really look at Apollo and wonder about his fidelity.

Kenya said more often than not she likes to play mind games and even though she was being called a whore, Kenya still didn't stop making sure Phaedra knew she could take Apollo away from her.  At the time, that was Phaedra's whole world and the threat of her marriage dissolving was catastophic at the least.  So she faught the battle to keep her husband.  Until she realized he was no prize.  Yes, she kept up appearances and yes she still fought with Kenya because the alternative was too much to bear. 

I believe the total humiliation of Apollo showing so much distain for her because she was the breadwinner in the family and he could also hurt her by keeping the alleged affair going.  BUT!  All of this could have been avoided if Kenya had just said....."NO." 

Apollo would still have cheated and yes the marriage would still end but Kenya and Phaedra might have remained cordial if Kenya wasn't so hellbent on hurting her perceived enemy.

In the end, it was just about Kenya wanting to hurt Phaedra for rejecting her.  Just like Kenya going after Porsha for "disrespecting" her age old beauty queen title and her going after Nene for daring to invite her alleged ex, Walter to her wedding and how she went after Cynthia for not supporting her bad behavior at the Bailey Agency.  Like some have mentioned, Kenya has no filter, no sense of self respect and she thinks she is being clever with the nasty things she does.  No one need to apologize to her for her own inability to "play nice with others."

• Love 3

As far as I'm concerned?  Kenya NEVER lusted after Apollo, ever.  Phaedra, not a total fool, knew that a story as nonsensical as '[a woman] pursued me with such passion that I had to switch hotel rooms,' was a poorly-constructed cover for some likely fucking that her thick-headed husband was sharing with someone not named 'Phaedra Parks.'

Phaedra is a LIAR, and an arrogant fronter, and she deserves to be dragged from here to eternity for her sexist, retrograde, dishonest and pathetic behavior.  Apollo is a liar but lo and behold, he at least had the decency to admit it.  Phaedra just whipped other cast members like knuckle-dragger Porsha to do her dirty work.   A more pathetic scenario is hard to find than a bunch of grasping, stupid women believing the word of someone with a very serious public record of dishonesty who told tales that made no sense.  Apollo was believed not because he was Liar, Liar, Esq.'s huzzbinn, but because he is a man.  Let's be honest here.

• Love 7
(edited)

As far as I'm concerned?  Kenya NEVER lusted after Apollo, ever.  Phaedra, not a total fool, knew that a story as nonsensical as '[a woman] pursued me with such passion that I had to switch hotel rooms,' was a poorly-constructed cover for some likely fucking that her thick-headed husband was sharing with someone not named 'Phaedra Parks.'

Phaedra is a LIAR, and an arrogant fronter, and she deserves to be dragged from here to eternity for her sexist, retrograde, dishonest and pathetic behavior.  Apollo is a liar but lo and behold, he at least had the decency to admit it.  Phaedra just whipped other cast members like knuckle-dragger Porsha to do her dirty work.   A more pathetic scenario is hard to find than a bunch of grasping, stupid women believing the word of someone with a very serious public record of dishonesty who told tales that made no sense.  Apollo was believed not because he was Liar, Liar, Esq.'s huzzbinn, but because he is a man.  Let's be honest here.

dang - I couldn't have said it better.  Preach.  

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

The problem with this is

1. We all witnessed Kenya lusting after Apollo.  We all witnessed her goning from talk show to talk show professing how FIONE he was.  It was also a fact that she approached him first and like the neandrathal he is, he took the bait.  However, I also don't really believe she continued to lust after him but she did at first.  But all he had to do was speak a sentence and lust would dissolve.

Phaedra didn't lie to the others, they witnessed Kenya's antics themselves. As far as Apollo admitting what he did?  That came after he had nothing else to lose and he was angry enough at Phaedra not supporting him to let the fur fly.  No one needed Phaedra to know that Kenya had issues and mostly directed at Phaedra any more than anyone needed Phaedra to tell them her marriage was in trouble.  Everybody knew just as they also knew what kenya was doing to ... mostly all of them.

(edited)

The problem with this is

1. We all witnessed Kenya lusting after Apollo.  We all witnessed her goning from talk show to talk show professing how FIONE he was.  It was also a fact that she approached him first and like the neandrathal he is, he took the bait.  However, I also don't really believe she continued to lust after him but she did at first.  But all he had to do was speak a sentence and lust would dissolve.

Phaedra didn't lie to the others, they witnessed Kenya's antics themselves. As far as Apollo admitting what he did?  That came after he had nothing else to lose and he was angry enough at Phaedra not supporting him to let the fur fly.  No one needed Phaedra to know that Kenya had issues and mostly directed at Phaedra any more than anyone needed Phaedra to tell them her marriage was in trouble.  Everybody knew just as they also knew what kenya was doing to ... mostly all of them.

saying that someone has an attractive mate is not lusting after them.  It may just be commenting on their good taste.  I wouldn't have any problem with someone telling me I was dating someone who was good looking,  I try to date good looking men.  She approached him to text her?  About a business deal?  I don't see that as evidence of the scarlet letter.  I think she simply thought he was a good looking man, I think lots of men are good looking, a great deal of them are married.  I think Dwayne Johnson is fine, I think he is FIONE.  I don't think that makes me a lusty slut, I think that makes me human because he is a beautiful man.  And don't even get me started on Idris Alba, because there isn't a word for how good looking I think he is.

She told all the others that Kenya had offered Apollo sex, and that she was a whore.  She never once offered to sleep with Apollo, and I suspect that Phaedra knew that.  How and why?  Because I don't think Apollo is faithful to Phaedra, so all a woman has to do is offer and Apollo will have sex with her.  The reason Kenya and Apollo never had sex was because Kenya never offered, and Phaedra would know that based on Apollo's views on fidelity.  Which he shared with everyone at the pillow talk party.  So Phaedra had a good idea that Kenya never offered Apollo sex and yet went around spreading that lie all over Atlanta.  She hoped that by putting her rules in place that Kenya would never be able to get Apollo alone in a situation where he would admit the truth on camera.  But she let her little guard down in Mexico, and she got played.  And now she can't go around, spreading the lies she was happily spreading in Atlanta about Kenya.  Without that very public confession by Apollo, the one on national TV she would have continued to insist that Kenya offered Apollo sex.  And I think she knew damn well it was untrue or else she would not have been so worried about them sitting together at a table in Mexico in a public cigar bar, being watched by 5 men with hawkeyes and being filmed by a camera crew.  Why would she be so worried?  Because she knew that Apollo is a moron, and he would admit the truth, and once he did that, there couldn't be anymore "Kenya Moore Whore" and poor innocent put upon Apollo, and victim Phaedra.

The vitriol directed at Kenya came at Phaedra's bidding, and her insistence that Kenya was offering Apollo sex.  Kenya's behavior could be seen in one of two ways, either someone that has a funky sense of humor and strange sensibilities but essentially harmless.  Or as an evil Jezebel.  No one thought Jezebel until Phaedra came on the scene insisting that Kenya was offering Apollo sex....which is the lie she was spreading all over Atlanta.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 5

No, since there's strong disagreement, 'we' did not see that, Aging Goth.  Mileage varies in a huge way.  Saying someone's fine, fione or phione does not mean lusting after someone.  Different people have pointed out the actual sequence of events, where she flirted with Phaedra, with everyone around her, man/woman/piano keyboard.  The implication in insisting that she lusted 'after' him, too, suggests actual pursuit, and we now have the alleged victim saying TWICE, to be aired on the show, that he is made of lies.  (Just like his marriage.  Just like his wife.)

I wasn't aware that the others 'witnessed' the non-existant 'Monica Lewinsky' text and all of the other made-up evidence of her pursuit that APOLLO HIMSELF has now admitted, twice, was a lie. 

From Wimmin Winning, upthread:

I mean, public hate for Kenya was verging on the level of Casey Anthony hate minus the picket signs. People hated Kenya as if she had personally broken up all of their marriages. It was far too easy for Apollo/Phae to rally the self-righteous troops across America against Kenya.

This.  This is what disgusts me about this story.  There is a deeply sexist strain to what happened with this particular bunch of bullshit on the last ATL season.  A metric ton of projection going on with Kenya -- deliberately stoked by Phaedra.  I wonder if she's done her recon with the woman now serving time for Apollo's latest set of crimes?  What relationship is likely to exist between a man and a woman who refers to herself as his 'right-hand bitch'?

• Love 5

I am certainly not one who bought into the whole "Kenya Moore-Whore" business.  However, I do believe that Kenya does stuff that 1) brings her attention (flirting in Anguilla, pushing Apollo in the pool, asking for the threesome, etc.) and later on 2) that she knew would ruffle Phaedra's feathers/get under her skin (asking at the reunion, "so why did you text me then?", pulling Apollo aside to talk to at the cigar bar, saying things in the talking heads, etc.).  She's always playing a game.  And I think that's a big factor in Phaedra's ultimate reaction.  Not saying Phaedra was right, but that Kenya had a role in how it all unfolded.

I really do believe that at first, Phaedra probably did think that what Apollo said was somewhat true.  She probably heard all about it when she pregnant and her pregnancy brain made her forget that Apollo is an idiot.  And once she started asking him for more details afterwards, she realized it was a fabrication, but didn't want to admit she was wrong.  As many others have pointed out, Phaedra's on camera "persona" is very much that.  Nothing was greater than when the caught the "real" Phaedra laying into Apollo as they were driving away in the car after that dinner out.  I was like, "Oh there you are, girl!"

• Love 2
(edited)

I am certainly not one who bought into the whole "Kenya Moore-Whore" business.  However, I do believe that Kenya does stuff that 1) brings her attention (flirting in Anguilla, pushing Apollo in the pool, asking for the threesome, etc.) and later on 2) that she knew would ruffle Phaedra's feathers/get under her skin (asking at the reunion, "so why did you text me then?", pulling Apollo aside to talk to at the cigar bar, saying things in the talking heads, etc.).  She's always playing a game.  And I think that's a big factor in Phaedra's ultimate reaction.  Not saying Phaedra was right, but that Kenya had a role in how it all unfolded.

I really do believe that at first, Phaedra probably did think that what Apollo said was somewhat true.  She probably heard all about it when she pregnant and her pregnancy brain made her forget that Apollo is an idiot.  And once she started asking him for more details afterwards, she realized it was a fabrication, but didn't want to admit she was wrong.  As many others have pointed out, Phaedra's on camera "persona" is very much that.  Nothing was greater than when the caught the "real" Phaedra laying into Apollo as they were driving away in the car after that dinner out.  I was like, "Oh there you are, girl!"

Phaedra does stuff to get attention too....that black net outfit?  In front of everyone's husband?  Come on now.  Just because no one was all that interested in what she was trying to sell, doesn't mean she wasn't trying to sell it.  And I think Kenya pulling Apollo aside at the cigar bar was for the express purpose of getting him to admit that he was a big fat liar on national TV.  and I think both women have said some things in the talking heads, I'm not sure who made it personal first, but I think the animosity on the show and in the talking heads started off over the workout video.  

I don't think that this has been the first time that Apollo has cheated on Phaedra, so I think pregnant or not, she knew the score when it came up.  But she was embarrassed, and instead of just living with being embarrassed, she instead decided to go around Atlanta lying about Kenya.  And even worse, even more reprehensible to me, she tried to set up these rules that would never allow Kenya to get the truth out.  This rule that Kenya can't even talk to Apollo unless Phaedra is around is clearly a rule designed to keep Apollo from admitting, on camera,  that Kenya never offered him sex.  So basically, Phaedra wanted a situation where she could ruin another womans reputation with a lie, and that woman wasn't even allowed to defend herself.  According to Phaedra, Kenya was just supposed to sit there and let her go all over Atlanta lying about her, and do nothing about it.  Just so that Phaedra could keep up a front that she has a great marriage.

And just "not wanting to admit your wrong" when you've gone all over Atlanta lying about this woman, and trying to put her in a position where she can't even defend herself is not an excuse.  Phaedra owes Kenya an apology, no matter how much pride she has, she was in the wrong.  Way in the wrong.  

Why should Kenya have to be sacrificed for the Phaedra's delusion of a good marriage and a perfect life?

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

I've never been of the position that Kenya doesn't deserve an apology.  I just believe that she is just as much to blame as Phae and Apollo for all the drama that ensued.  

And hell yeah, Phaedra does stuff to get attention with all her parties and fucking cakes and prayer cloths and dog funerals.  No argument from me there. 

• Love 3
The vitriol directed at Kenya came at Phaedra's bidding, and her insistence that Kenya was offering Apollo sex.  Kenya's behavior could be seen in one of two ways, either someone that has a funky sense of humor and strange sensibilities but essentially harmless.  Or as an evil Jezebel.  No one thought Jezebel until Phaedra came on the scene insisting that Kenya was offering Apollo sex....which is the lie she was spreading all over Atlanta.

The vitriol was directed at Kenya long before Phaedra started disliking her.  Phaedra was 3rd on the list of people she pissed off.  Only Cynthia actually gave her another chance and well, Cynthia blows with the wind but she was the first person to have a problem with Kenya.  Porsha was next, then Phaedra who might I add, was the only one who came and comforted her when she and Walter had their falling out.  Phaedra might have been the most vocal with Kenya but the others not liking her was all Kenya

(edited)

The vitriol was directed at Kenya long before Phaedra started disliking her.  Phaedra was 3rd on the list of people she pissed off.  Only Cynthia actually gave her another chance and well, Cynthia blows with the wind but she was the first person to have a problem with Kenya.  Porsha was next, then Phaedra who might I add, was the only one who came and comforted her when she and Walter had their falling out.  Phaedra might have been the most vocal with Kenya but the others not liking her was all Kenya

There were tiffs IMO.  And I wouldn't term them vitriolic by any means (come on...ashy feet versus you're a whore because you're offering my husband sex)  They are the same fights the girls on almost any RH show will have with the other girls on a RH show.  The vitriol for Kenya came with Phaedra insisting that Kenya was offering Apollo sex, which she knew was a lie, but insisted on telling because in her mind Kenya should be sacrificed for Phaedra's image.

I've never been of the position that Kenya doesn't deserve an apology.  I just believe that she is just as much to blame as Phae and Apollo for all the drama that ensued.  

And hell yeah, Phaedra does stuff to get attention with all her parties and fucking cakes and prayer cloths and dog funerals.  No argument from me there. 

I don't think Kenya is totally blameless in the situation.  However, she tried to talk to Phaedra about it in Savannah and Phaedra refused.  Then she went all over Atlanta lying about Kenya.  I think if Phaedra had either deigned to talk to Kenya in Savannah, or just had shut her mouth either the whole thing would have been dropped, worked out, or I could find more fault with Kenya.  

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3
(edited)

The vitriol was directed at Kenya long before Phaedra started disliking her. Phaedra was 3rd on the list of people she pissed off. Only Cynthia actually gave her another chance and well, Cynthia blows with the wind but she was the first person to have a problem with Kenya. Porsha was next, then Phaedra who might I add, was the only one who came and comforted her when she and Walter had their falling out. Phaedra might have been the most vocal with Kenya but the others not liking her was all Kenya

THIS. Kenya is messy. The reason people believed she was coming onto Apollo is because she has shown that she has no boundaries or sense of decency. Had she come onto the the show as a normal human being rather than a mean, shit stirring weirdo, then maybe she would have gotten the benefit of the doubt. But regardless, I agree that even taking Apollo's lies out of the picture, Kenya's behavior with him was objectionable enough to earn Phaedra's ire. The flirting, gushing, and threesome bullshit told me all I needed to know about her. She disgusts me.

Eta: Apollo disgusts me even more but since this thread is about Kenya she was the subject of my post.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 3

I think thats one of the things that bothers me about Phaedra.  I understand not letting the world know your business, but your on a reality TV show!  And even then, its just so oogy to try to cover up a bad marriage with over the top "sip n see" parties, and photo shoots at your house.  It reminds me of those people who are always doing PDA's but behind closed doors can't stand to touch each other.  

I agree with you about the apologies, maybe she can invite us all to a Dwight party.  On Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Kirk had to throw an apology party, and I feel like that could work...and it would be quite an affair if Dwight is in on it.....

Didn't Phaedra and Apollo actually do the over-the-top PDA thing a couple of season's ago? Back when Cynthia and Peter were out shopping and came across rumours online about the Nida's splitting up.

THIS. Kenya is messy. The reason people believed she was coming onto Apollo is because she has shown that she has no boundaries or sense of decency. Had she come onto the the show as a normal human being rather than a mean, shit stirring weirdo, then maybe she would have gotten the benefit of the doubt. But regardless, I agree that even taking Apollo's lies out of the picture, Kenya's behavior with him was objectionable enough to earn Phaedra's ire. The flirting, gushing, and threesome bullshit told me all I needed to know about her. She disgusts me.

Eta: Apollo disgusts me even more but since this thread is about Kenya she was the subject of my post.

Totally agree with this... Considering everyone knows what how disgusting Apollo is, people wouldn't have believed his lies if Kenya hadn't already displayed behaviour that made the accusations seem plausible. 

She may not have done what she was specifically accused of, but she's certainly not innocent in the entire situation.

Everyone was pretty much done with Kenya at the season 5 reunion before the texting stuff even got mentioned... It was the Walter situation that actually seemed to turn everyone (well those who hadn't already fallen out with her because of her nasty behaviour towards them) against her, not the Phaedra & Apollo stuff.

• Love 1

Sorry, I can't get the spoiler tag to show and I've tried several times.  This is just a reminder that this is a spoiler for Season 7, before you read on.

On camera, Apollo FINALLY admits he lied about Kenya.  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2014/07/24/apollo-nida-finally-comes-clean-about-kenya-moore-pursuing-him/  Phaedra went to talk show after talk show telling the story of Kenya harassing her husband at a hotel. He had to change rooms (without telling her) to get away from Kenya.  She offered her oral sex. Together they, and the other HWs, told the world that Kenya chased Apollo and that she needed to leave married men alone.

1 - Does anyone buy Phaedra being in the dark about the lie?  I don't. I think she thought Apollo would keep quiet.

2 - Will she apologize?  Can't see it ever happening.

4 -What about the other HWs?  They engendered a lot of hatred toward Kenya for something she didn't do, Kandi in particular.

I think the HWs have a real mess on their hands.

Okay...call me confused but who didn't know that this thieving fucker was lying about Kenya?  I guess since Apollo's next home will be courtesy of the taxpayers, he figured he didn't have anything to lose.  The only thing that surprises me is that he rode the lies out for as long as he did.  And, yes--Phaedra knew he was lying.  This isn't a situation where she can play the "innocent spouse" card especially since she knew exactly what she was getting when she married that piece of human refuse.  Real recognizes real when it comes to lying and shady shit.  

And, no--Phaedra will NOT apologize for the following reasons:  (a) It's not the first time Apollo's dick went a-wanderin' and she was more embarrassed that his cheating was so publicly exposed than anything else; (b) it prevented her from asking the obvious:  if he wasn't with Kenya, what the hell and who was he actually doing in California; © Kenya plays too damn much and engaged in some inappropriate behavior herself; and (d) keeping that narrative going about an alleged Kenya/Apollo affair deflected attention away from the Nidas' shady dealings, including the Angela Staunton lawsuit, which Phaedra instituted and which Ms. Staunton has vigorously defended.

I'm also convinced that the Nidas had their 2-prong attack planned against Kenya at the reunion show.  I always found it fascinating that a simple question about a totally different subject led to Apollo vociferously attacking Kenya and incredibly claiming that he made her relevant.  I said it then, and I'll say it now.  He sounded like a pimp and he looked downright scary.  Then there was Phaedra's masterful (and well-rehearsed) read about Kenya using a sperm donor who could possibly be a criminal.  Meanwhile, her dumb ass is sitting up on stage with one who is actually her husband.

Just messy!

• Love 3

I do think Phaedra owes her an apology.  She was going all over Atlanta spreading what I highly suspect she knew were lies about Kenya offering to sleep with Apollo.  I don't think Kenya has ever told a straight up lie about Phaedra.  I think Phaedra knew that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, and was never going to have sex with Apollo and that it was probably Apollo who had more interest in Kenya.  Phaedra constantly called Kenya a "whore" and insisted that she offered Apollo sex, I think she knew that was a lie.  Then she would insist that Kenya not talk to Apollo so that she could continue to go around spreading the lie, and that Kenya would have no way to get the truth out.  Thats dirt

Just like Kenya erased the parts of the tape she wanted no one to see. Apollo showed Phaedra the part he wanted her to see. Phaedra saw the text in which Kenya text "I will give you what your wife won't give  you" thus the he offered in her words" cunnilingus". She insisted that Apollo not talk to Kenya,because she knew what a Moron he was  but she also thought he would be loyal to her and do what she ask, because she knew Kenya was not about being loyal.

I don't think Kenya is totally blameless in the situation.  However, she tried to talk to Phaedra about it in Savannah and Phaedra refused

Pheadra said she was through with the "mess" and wanted to move on. Kenya came to her room after being prompted by NeNe.'to get things straight" Phaedra said "I've moved on". Why should she have to play nice when it was convenient for Kenya?

saying that someone has an attractive mate is not lusting after them.  It may just be commenting on their good taste.  I wouldn't have any problem with someone telling me I was dating someone who was good looking,  I try to date good looking men.  She approached him to text her?  About a business deal?  I don't see that as evidence of the scarlet letter.  I think she simply thought he was a good looking man, I think lots of men are good looking, a great deal of them are married.  I think Dwayne Johnson is fine, I think he is FIONE.  I don't think that makes me a lusty slut, I think that makes me human because he is a beautiful man.  And don't even get me started on Idris Alba, because there isn't a word for how good looking I think he is.

Telling YOU, you have an attractive mate and someone telling you the  man you are DATING  is good looking is soooo different than what Kenya said to this woman about her husband in front of her husband, the very first time they meet.

Thinking Dwayne Johnson or Idris Elba is FIONE is nothing like walking up to Dwayne Johnson, Elbis Alba in front of their wives, telling them they are FIONE. Followed  up with walking up to their wives in front of them asking for permission  to have a threesome. They would probably be offended at the disrespect you are showing to their mates.

This text about a business arrangement in this case, the incident  everyone is discussing was after Phaedra had shut down the deal with Kenya, the deal Phaedra was bankrolling.

Kendra pulls Apollo aside out of Phaedra's range  and said "I will text you tomorrow, because Phaedra"( don't remember the exact words)but it was in an attempt to  get Apollo on her side in dealing with Phaedra. It was an attempt to divide this husband and wife.

The innocent  scenarios you are ok with would not be an issue nor would it be shown on AHW. What actually happened was shown on AHW. 

• Love 1

Pheadra said she was through with the "mess" and wanted to move on. Kenya came to her room after being prompted by NeNe.'to get things straight" Phaedra said "I've moved on".

I laughed so hard at that scene, Phaedra with her breast pump going full force and Kenya trying to make eye contact. A classic from the season.

• Love 1

Just like Kenya erased the parts of the tape she wanted no one to see. Apollo showed Phaedra the part he wanted her to see. Phaedra saw the text in which Kenya text "I will give you what your wife won't give  you" thus the he offered in her words" cunnilingus". She insisted that Apollo not talk to Kenya,because she knew what a Moron he was  but she also thought he would be loyal to her and do what she ask, because she knew Kenya was not about being loyal.

Pheadra said she was through with the "mess" and wanted to move on. Kenya came to her room after being prompted by NeNe.'to get things straight" Phaedra said "I've moved on". Why should she have to play nice when it was convenient for Kenya?

Telling YOU, you have an attractive mate and someone telling you the  man you are DATING  is good looking is soooo different than what Kenya said to this woman about her husband in front of her husband, the very first time they meet.

Thinking Dwayne Johnson or Idris Elba is FIONE is nothing like walking up to Dwayne Johnson, Elbis Alba in front of their wives, telling them they are FIONE. Followed  up with walking up to their wives in front of them asking for permission  to have a threesome. They would probably be offended at the disrespect you are showing to their mates.

This text about a business arrangement in this case, the incident  everyone is discussing was after Phaedra had shut down the deal with Kenya, the deal Phaedra was bankrolling.

Kendra pulls Apollo aside out of Phaedra's range  and said "I will text you tomorrow, because Phaedra"( don't remember the exact words)but it was in an attempt to  get Apollo on her side in dealing with Phaedra. It was an attempt to divide this husband and wife.

The innocent  scenarios you are ok with would not be an issue nor would it be shown on AHW. What actually happened was shown on AHW. 

Oh, someone could tell me right to my face my boyfriend was fine, I would be thrilled.  I don't assume my boyfriend or anyone I'm dating becomes less attractive the minute we decide to date.  And Phaedra would have known better, because she knows Apollo, and she knows his game.  I assume Apollo came up with some story, but Phaedra, knowing Apollo, knew damn well exactly what happened.  And she would know that Kenya didn't offer him any sex because if she had, then Apollo and Kenya would have had sex.  I certainly don't think Apollo has been faithful, especially based on his "pillow talk party" conversation.  So Phaedra knows his game, and so she knew good and well that Kenya didn't offer him any sex.  This is why she was so upset in Mexico with the two of them just talking, even if it was in a public room, surrounded by people, 5 of whom were watching them like a hawk, and a camera crew that was taping them.  They clearly weren't going to have, or plan to have sex in front of a camera crew, so why get so bent out of shape, she wasn't going to offer to "do what Phaedra couldn't" in front of a camera crew.  But Phaedra knew damn well she had been lying about Kenya, and Apollo was right there probably telling the truth.  And he was.  And Phaedra wanted no part of the truth being told on national TV.  It was far more preferable for her to be able to continue to lie about what Kenya did.

She insisted on him not talking to Kenya, because she couldn't control the situation if she wasn't there.  And she couldn't, the minute Kenya got Apollo alone, she got him to admit he lied on national TV.  And thats why Phaedra was upset.  I could understand your point if the two of them were off in a quiet, secluded corner talking alone, but they were in a public cigar bar, being watched by 5 other male cast members, and a camera crew.  So they surely weren't talking about sex, so why get so upset, why get so bent out of shape?  Because you know that you've been going all over Atlanta lying about this woman, and Apollo isn't bright enough to keep his mouth shut.  And once the world knows that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, you can't continue to lie about her all over Atlanta and play the innocent victim, with your husband being put upon by Kenya.

the thing is, when Kenya approached Phaedra in Savannah, she clearly had not moved on, because she was lying all over Atlanta about Kenya offering sex to her husband.  She hadn't just dropped it, she hadn't' moved on she was going around lying about Kenya.  So what was Kenya supposed to do, allow herself to be sacrificed for Phaedra's image?  Phaedra refused to talk to her, or discuss it with her, she just wanted to go on lying about her.  So yeah, Kenya did what she had to do, and thats on Phaedra, if she had deigned to talk to her about it in Savannah they could have come to an understanding.

If something like "your man is fione" and "can we have a threesome" came from a person who is known for twerking pianos, and slapping other women on the ass, and generally saying inappropriate crap, no, I actually don't think I would have a problem with it.  Like I said, I had a friend who we used to call (a la Dave Chapelle) a "habitual line stepper." and I never took offense to anything that friend said, because they just had an odd sense of humor/sensibilities.  I can't imagine any man that I'm with, taking that seriously if a woman says it right to my face. I think if she had an ill intent, she wouldn't have said any of it in front of Phaedra, why put Phaedra on to her big plan to steal her man?  Answer: she wouldn't, because she had no intent to sleep with Apollo.  She said most of it right in front of Phaedra, so its not like she was pulling Apollo aside in a corner and telling him he was fine and asking him for sex.  I think if Idris Alba's girlfriend took offense to every woman who flirted with him in front of her, she would have nothing to do all day but be offended, I would tell her to be more concerned about the women that aren't saying it in front of her face.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with texting someone that you have business with.  Kenya had also put work into that deal before Phaedra decided to shut it down, I don't fault her for trying to save her business venture when she had already worked towards it.  As far as she knew, she had two business partners, both with equal power, and one who was refusing to work with her.  I think anyone in their right mind who sees a profitable venture with a partner who is shut down would go to the other partner to try to get the deal back on track.   

• Love 9

I agree.  The only apology Kenya deserves is, "I'm sorry that you're grimy, messy and look like an ugly drag queen."

• Love 2