Type keyword(s) to search

Will Kenya get an apology? (S7 spoiler)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Okay...call me confused but who didn't know that this thieving fucker was lying about Kenya?  I guess since Apollo's next home will be courtesy of the taxpayers, he figured he didn't have anything to lose.  The only thing that surprises me is that he rode the lies out for as long as he did.  And, yes--Phaedra knew he was lying.  This isn't a situation where she can play the "innocent spouse" card especially since she knew exactly what she was getting when she married that piece of human refuse.  Real recognizes real when it comes to lying and shady shit.  

And, no--Phaedra will NOT apologize for the following reasons:  (a) It's not the first time Apollo's dick went a-wanderin' and she was more embarrassed that his cheating was so publicly exposed than anything else; (b) it prevented her from asking the obvious:  if he wasn't with Kenya, what the hell and who was he actually doing in California; © Kenya plays too damn much and engaged in some inappropriate behavior herself; and (d) keeping that narrative going about an alleged Kenya/Apollo affair deflected attention away from the Nidas' shady dealings, including the Angela Staunton lawsuit, which Phaedra instituted and which Ms. Staunton has vigorously defended.

I'm also convinced that the Nidas had their 2-prong attack planned against Kenya at the reunion show.  I always found it fascinating that a simple question about a totally different subject led to Apollo vociferously attacking Kenya and incredibly claiming that he made her relevant.  I said it then, and I'll say it now.  He sounded like a pimp and he looked downright scary.  Then there was Phaedra's masterful (and well-rehearsed) read about Kenya using a sperm donor who could possibly be a criminal.  Meanwhile, her dumb ass is sitting up on stage with one who is actually her husband.

Just messy!

It stunned the hell out of me when people bought it.  It seemed like such an obvious and mindless lie and coming from Apollo? I thought it was even more suspect!  I don't think Phaedra has the character to apologize.  An apology is not about the other person, it's about your own character and integrity. I just can't see her having enough integrity to do the right thing.  I trust Phaedra as much as I trust her husband. Her honesty was on display when she told to Cynthia about never using foul language and never saying an unkind thing about her -- cue the recorded message of Phaedra doing both. 

Oh, someone could tell me right to my face my boyfriend was fine, I would be thrilled.  I don't assume my boyfriend or anyone I'm dating becomes less attractive the minute we decide to date.  And Phaedra would have known better, because she knows Apollo, and she knows his game.  I assume Apollo came up with some story, but Phaedra, knowing Apollo, knew damn well exactly what happened.  And she would know that Kenya didn't offer him any sex because if she had, then Apollo and Kenya would have had sex.  I certainly don't think Apollo has been faithful, especially based on his "pillow talk party" conversation.  So Phaedra knows his game, and so she knew good and well that Kenya didn't offer him any sex.  This is why she was so upset in Mexico with the two of them just talking, even if it was in a public room, surrounded by people, 5 of whom were watching them like a hawk, and a camera crew that was taping them.  They clearly weren't going to have, or plan to have sex in front of a camera crew, so why get so bent out of shape, she wasn't going to offer to "do what Phaedra couldn't" in front of a camera crew.  But Phaedra knew damn well she had been lying about Kenya, and Apollo was right there probably telling the truth.  And he was.  And Phaedra wanted no part of the truth being told on national TV.  It was far more preferable for her to be able to continue to lie about what Kenya did.

She insisted on him not talking to Kenya, because she couldn't control the situation if she wasn't there.  And she couldn't, the minute Kenya got Apollo alone, she got him to admit he lied on national TV.  And thats why Phaedra was upset.  I could understand your point if the two of them were off in a quiet, secluded corner talking alone, but they were in a public cigar bar, being watched by 5 other male cast members, and a camera crew.  So they surely weren't talking about sex, so why get so upset, why get so bent out of shape?  Because you know that you've been going all over Atlanta lying about this woman, and Apollo isn't bright enough to keep his mouth shut.  And once the world knows that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, you can't continue to lie about her all over Atlanta and play the innocent victim, with your husband being put upon by Kenya.

the thing is, when Kenya approached Phaedra in Savannah, she clearly had not moved on, because she was lying all over Atlanta about Kenya offering sex to her husband.  She hadn't just dropped it, she hadn't' moved on she was going around lying about Kenya.  So what was Kenya supposed to do, allow herself to be sacrificed for Phaedra's image?  Phaedra refused to talk to her, or discuss it with her, she just wanted to go on lying about her.  So yeah, Kenya did what she had to do, and thats on Phaedra, if she had deigned to talk to her about it in Savannah they could have come to an understanding.

If something like "your man is fione" and "can we have a threesome" came from a person who is known for twerking pianos, and slapping other women on the ass, and generally saying inappropriate crap, no, I actually don't think I would have a problem with it.  Like I said, I had a friend who we used to call (a la Dave Chapelle) a "habitual line stepper." and I never took offense to anything that friend said, because they just had an odd sense of humor/sensibilities.  I can't imagine any man that I'm with, taking that seriously if a woman says it right to my face. I think if she had an ill intent, she wouldn't have said any of it in front of Phaedra, why put Phaedra on to her big plan to steal her man?  Answer: she wouldn't, because she had no intent to sleep with Apollo.  She said most of it right in front of Phaedra, so its not like she was pulling Apollo aside in a corner and telling him he was fine and asking him for sex.  I think if Idris Alba's girlfriend took offense to every woman who flirted with him in front of her, she would have nothing to do all day but be offended, I would tell her to be more concerned about the women that aren't saying it in front of her face.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with texting someone that you have business with.  Kenya had also put work into that deal before Phaedra decided to shut it down, I don't fault her for trying to save her business venture when she had already worked towards it.  As far as she knew, she had two business partners, both with equal power, and one who was refusing to work with her.  I think anyone in their right mind who sees a profitable venture with a partner who is shut down would go to the other partner to try to get the deal back on track.   

Exactly! Even I don't believe that Phaedra dumb or irrational enough to believe that either of them was soliciting sex on camera.  I think she just couldn't stand the thought of the truth coming out - that Apollo lied and it seems likely that she's known for some time.  Back to the issue of whether she lies.  ICAM about your point that she said she dropped the issue, but clearly she hadn't when she referring to Kenya - who never touched her husband, as a whore the entire season, including in the talking head interviews.

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 7

I waffle back and forth about whether Phaedra owes viewers an apology for introducing us to Apollo.  You have to admit the dude is entertaining.  Its really unfortunate that he is a real person and not just a character on a show.

I was at my Aunt's funeral last year and I sat next to her best friend's husband.  I did not know the man, but he told me the story about how he met his wife and how she was the love of his life.  His story touched me so much that I mentioned it to his wife when I saw her.  I told her what he said and she looked at me as if I had told her that I slept with her husband!  Single woman are not allowed to speak to married men.  Its just the rule, lol.

• Love 4

Just like Kenya erased the parts of the tape she wanted no one to see. Apollo showed Phaedra the part he wanted her to see. Phaedra saw the text in which Kenya text "I will give you what your wife won't give  you" thus the he offered in her words" cunnilingus". She insisted that Apollo not talk to Kenya,because she knew what a Moron he was  but she also thought he would be loyal to her and do what she ask, because she knew Kenya was not about being loyal.

Pheadra said she was through with the "mess" and wanted to move on. Kenya came to her room after being prompted by NeNe.'to get things straight" Phaedra said "I've moved on". Why should she have to play nice when it was convenient for Kenya?

Telling YOU, you have an attractive mate and someone telling you the  man you are DATING  is good looking is soooo different than what Kenya said to this woman about her husband in front of her husband, the very first time they meet.

Thinking Dwayne Johnson or Idris Elba is FIONE is nothing like walking up to Dwayne Johnson, Elbis Alba in front of their wives, telling them they are FIONE. Followed  up with walking up to their wives in front of them asking for permission  to have a threesome. They would probably be offended at the disrespect you are showing to their mates.

This text about a business arrangement in this case, the incident  everyone is discussing was after Phaedra had shut down the deal with Kenya, the deal Phaedra was bankrolling.

Kendra pulls Apollo aside out of Phaedra's range  and said "I will text you tomorrow, because Phaedra"( don't remember the exact words)but it was in an attempt to  get Apollo on her side in dealing with Phaedra. It was an attempt to divide this husband and wife.

The innocent  scenarios you are ok with would not be an issue nor would it be shown on AHW. What actually happened was shown on AHW. 

Phaedra said in the reunion that Apollo told her about the texts - not that she read them. Phae had no proof other than the word of her lying, disrespectful, criminal husband (he was all of that before RHoA, so she knew what's up).

Phae only wanted to move on when she was "winning" in that she had many people convinced that Kenya had done some horrible thing. Of course she didn't want to talk about it anymore - any conversation would only clear Kenya's name and expose Phae's/Apollo's lies. And of course Kenya pursued conversations with Phae and Apollo because she had to work to get her name clear of these false accusations. Wouldn't anybody? Let's remember how bad it got for her. It wasn't just the RHoA cast, fans, and bloggers who were dogging Kenya - big network TV shows like The View were after her. She was a Hot Topic in America for weeks. This lie went viral with popular gifs, hashtags and memes. Kenya had every right to pursue these conversations to clear her name and she had to approach Phae and Apollo individually because it's hard to have real conversations with a 3rd person there interrupting and redirecting the discussion.

In the conversation arranging a texting conversation about the business deal, Kenya wasn't plotting to divide a husband and wife, she was plotting to save a business deal when two business partners were at odds - one of which decided to pull the deal in the midst of negotiations. At that moment, Phae and Apollo were not acting in the role of husband and wife, they were business partners who entered into an agreement with a production company led by Kenya. It's perfectly legitimate for Kenya to approach one business partner when the other is trying to exit an agreement to go with a cheaper production company. How is every interaction Kenya has with Apollo (which has only been 3 face to face interactions without Phae counting this interaction, Anguilla, and Mexico) some plot for Kenya to get with this married man?

• Love 6

For me, there are two big issues that make Apollo's (and Phaedra's) comments about Kenya almost unforgivable.  

1 - without the lies (and they became Phaedra's once she repeated them without proof), the worst that would have been said about Kenya was something to the effect that she'd taken Phaedra's idea an ran with it.  Kenya might even be knocked around for being a little "too much", but who would be calling her a whore, considering she wasn't sleeping around or trying to?  The Nida-Parks duo put that label out there based on something 100% not true.

2 - It matters to me that Kenya was a part of history for something significant - redefining standards of beauty that included African American women.  2nd African American Miss USA?  First woman with a dark complexion to take a national beauty title?  That matters to A LOT to women of color.  What has Apollo contributed to our community?  What are Phaedra's contributions?  To defame a woman whose accomplishments actually affected millions of people?  Bullshit.  Over a lie?  More bullshit.  Shame on Phaedra and Apollo.  To me is says that they have very small minds.

• Love 13
(edited)

It took Nene years to get on Apprentice, its taken Kenya two, and I'll be interested in seeing how she does.

If you're counting from the time RHOA aired in 2008, it only took Nene 3 years to get on Apprentice, and that's assuming she was trying to get on it since the beginning of RHOA.  The fact that Kenya got on in two doesn't mean very much to me.  Is it only because she was on RHOA?  She could have been trying to get on since the Apprentice show started in 2004 for all we know.  I just don't see this as any proof that Kenya is any more intelligent than Nene or anyone else on the show.  She's definitely more looney tunes though.

What's really unfortunate is how easily that weak story did last so long - and would have lasted longer if Apollo had taken his lie to prison with him. It's crazy how easily Apollo and Phae destroyed a woman's reputation like that with just one lie. I mean, people HATE Kenya. Twitterverse (and a lot of people in TWoP) tattooed that scarlet letter on Kenya despite all the holes in Apollo/Phae's story and Kenya bringing her receipts. I mean, public hate for Kenya was verging on the level of Casey Anthony hate minus the picket signs. People hated Kenya as if she had personally broken up all of their marriages. It was far too easy for Apollo/Phae to rally the self-righteous troops across America against Kenya.

Apollo's lie isn't what turned me against Kenya.  Her openly flirting with him from the first day she met him and her innuendo of a threesome with him and Phaedra along with her other batshit crazy antics starting with the whole twirling thing, the "coochie crack" thing, and the fake boyfriend thing is what made me not like her.  Plus, she's always inserting herself into other folk's scenes and making them about her.  She's just too fake to me.  Her campaign to try to grab the whole show is just too obvious.  She's created this persona that is very unlikeable.  If it makes people hate her, you can't blame that on Phaedra. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's funny that the rap against Kenya is never that she's an inappropriate flirt.  It's never that she is too immature.  It's never that she tries too hard to get people to like her.  It's always "Moore-whore-a" or "home wrecker" or some other ignorant dreck based on the lie told by the parks-nida duo.  Phaedra got the biggest (sickest, IMO) applause for telling her that her child could be an axe-murderer who needed money for a pizza because she's such a whore no man wants her.  The anger at Kenya all seems to be directed to the lie that was told.  How she's refrained from suing the hell out of Phaedra and Apollo is a mystery, to me. What the government didn't take, I would have.  Phaedra had the option of simply not liking Kenya, but she continued to repeat (and I can't believe a qualified attorney would do this) on national television and on radio, that her husband was propositioned for oral sex by Kenya.  It's just unreal to me. 

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 11

Apollo's lie isn't what turned me against Kenya.  Her openly flirting with him from the first day she met him and her innuendo of a threesome with him and Phaedra along with her other batshit crazy antics starting with the whole twirling thing, the "coochie crack" thing, and the fake boyfriend thing is what made me not like her.  Plus, she's always inserting herself into other folk's scenes and making them about her.  She's just too fake to me.  Her campaign to try to grab the whole show is just too obvious.  She's created this persona that is very unlikeable.  If it makes people hate her, you can't blame that on Phaedra. 

Yeah this... Most of the people who dislike Kenya already did so before the Season 5 reunion even happened, her own antics during that season turned people against her. 

It's funny that the rap against Kenya is never that she's an inappropriate flirt.  It's never that she is too immature.  It's never that she tries too hard to get people to like her.  It's always "Moore-whore-a" or "home wrecker" or some other ignorant dreck based on the lie told by the parks-nida duo.  Phaedra got the biggest (sickest, IMO) applause for telling her that her child could be an axe-murderer who needed money for a pizza because she's such a whore no man wants her.  The anger at Kenya all seems to be directed to the lie that was told.  How she's refrained from suing the hell out of Phaedra and Apollo is a mystery, to me. What the government didn't take, I would have.  Phaedra had the option of simply not liking Kenya, but she continued to repeat (and I can't believe a qualified attorney would do this) on national television and on radio, that her husband was propositioned for oral sex by Kenya.  It's just unreal to me. 

And thats the sneakiness of Phaedra.  As long as she had plausible deniability she was perfectly fine going all over Atlanta and lying about Kenya.  Thats why IMO, she was so pissy that they were talking in Mexico.  Before Mexico, she could always claim that she didn't know that Apollo was lying.  But I think she knew full well Apollo was lying based on her own actions.   Once Apollo admitted that he was lying on national TV, she couldn't go around lying about Kenya and pretending to be a victim, and pretending that Apollo was just an innocent being propositioned by Kenya for sex, she couldn't go around sacrificing someone for her image of a perfect family that doesn't exist.  If she continued to go around saying that Kenya offered Apollo sex after he admitted on national TV that she never did, then Kenya could sue her.

That "read" by Phaedra was so pathetic it doesn't even bear mentioning.  A good "read" doesn't sound like something you practiced in front of the mirror, and its certainly not something that you yourself are guilty of.  From all the rumbles, it was Phaedra who was the head doctor, even Chuck admitted to having a relationship with Kandi, but basically called Phaedra some chick he just had sex with.  And its Phaedra who had two kids by a criminal, liar, and a cheat.  Apparently, the only men who want Phaedra are criminals, liars and cheaters, so...congratulations?

• Love 3

Yeah, Phaedra has a lot to be proud of. Hah! I'm sorry, but she's always so hyper aware of everyone else's activities and foibles, that there is no way in hell she did not know about Apollo's criminal activities. She spent so much time reinventing him as a fitness expert, master barber, entrepreneur, and whatever the fuck else he did when he wasn't mentoring young "at-risk" men, that the smoke screen pretty much clouded the Atlanta sky. Meanwhile she's becoming an undertaker so that she can give folks (and pets) a truly beautiful end-of-life pageant. In reality, she was preparing herself for the loss of her license to practice law by deciding to engage in a career that, frankly, fleeces more people than not. Preying on the vulnerability of those in need seems to be the real hallmark of the Parks/Nida household. And "smart as a whip yet unsuspecting" Phaedra actually has two children with this man. These people make my skin crawl.

• Love 3
From all the rumbles, it was Phaedra who was the head doctor, even Chuck admitted to having a relationship with Kandi, but basically called Phaedra some chick he just had sex with. 

Yeah, but Chuck is an asshole, so his word means nothing. He didn't just make a statement about his relationship with Phae, he emphatically denied it like he had something to prove. Why do all that if you didn't have anything real with Phae?

And head doctor rumbles are like the Whore Moore rumbles - unsubstantiated sexist remarks that attempt to criminalize a woman's sexuality and demean her. Never would a label like "pussy doctor" be considered an insult against a man. I can't get with calling Phae a whore, but what is substantiated is that Phae is a lying, conniving, shady, and likely criminal woman who will compromise all her Christianity and self-respect to maintain a fake white-picket-fence image.

• Love 4

Yeah, but Chuck is an asshole, so his word means nothing. He didn't just make a statement about his relationship with Phae, he emphatically denied it like he had something to prove. Why do all that if you didn't have anything real with Phae?

And head doctor rumbles are like the Whore Moore rumbles - unsubstantiated sexist remarks that attempt to criminalize a woman's sexuality and demean her. Never would a label like "pussy doctor" be considered an insult against a man. I can't get with calling Phae a whore, but what is substantiated is that Phae is a lying, conniving, shady, and likely criminal woman who will compromise all her Christianity and self-respect to maintain a fake white-picket-fence image.

You're right, thats my bad.

Oh no, RealityGal, I wasn't redressing you. I'm just making a case of why Chuck can't be believed when it comes to Phae's sexual history. He seemed to have an axe to grind against her and seemed to have a vested interest in demeaning her on national television - which due to our societal gender norms, the easiest way for him to do that was to attack her sexuality. There are certainly whores on this show (Apollo comes to mind right now) and I'm not against calling a spade a spade, I just can't see Chuck (or Nene!) as credible material witnesses to Phae's past. 

Oh no, RealityGal, I wasn't redressing you. I'm just making a case of why Chuck can't be believed when it comes to Phae's sexual history. He seemed to have an axe to grind against her and seemed to have a vested interest in demeaning her on national television - which due to our societal gender norms, the easiest way for him to do that was to attack her sexuality. There are certainly whores on this show (Apollo comes to mind right now) and I'm not against calling a spade a spade, I just can't see Chuck (or Nene!) as credible material witnesses to Phae's past. 

Well, I'm not a fan of slut shaming women.  I mean, people enjoy having sex, and if Phaedra enjoyed having sex, more power to her.  She did this before she was married, and it sounds like a high school thing, no matter what it was.  So slut shaming a girl for whatever she did in high school is meh...but it just would seem so hypocritical.  As you've said there is plenty other things to take issue with, and Chuck could have, as you said, simply had an axe to grind.  

• Love 1

As much as PHaedra makes my skin crawl, I couldn't believe Chuck, who is equally creepy - in my book, would do something like that.  Phaedra is now a woman with children and did not deserved to be publicly shamed.  Chuck is a parent and has to realize that what he said would come back to Phaedra's kids, at some point, just as his - and his wife's, idiotic behavior would come back to their children.  

That being said, it all makes me dislike Phaedra even more.  She was clearly wounded by Chuck's trash talk. She even told him that her husband would not appreciate the way he spoke to her.  (Though at the PJ party from hell, Apollo focused on the man Kenya spends her time with, no matter his sexuality, rather than "clearing the air" with Chuck). Phaedra is supposed to be smart, so she should have had some insight that what she was doing to Kenya (based on a false allegation) what Chuck did to her (though I don't doubt their history).  

I don't think any other group of HWs are into shaming women like the wives and husbands of this franchise.  They seem to live for the day they can "read" and "shade" and viciously attack the women of this show using public shaming.  Porsha comes across as being dumb as a box of rocks, but  felt she could shame Kenya over Apollo's lies and even tried to rewrite Kenya's history to label her an "old whore".  She was fine with calling out Kenya for something she hadn't done, but when Kenya turned the tables and called her a dumb slut, that railcar-to-freedom lovin' twit lost her mind and attacked Kenya.  Porsha didn't even jump out of her seat when Kenya let loose that rumor about her cheating on her husband... nope, it was being called "dumb slut" that did it for her.

The Atlanta housewives have missed about three decades of progress in women's rights, in my opinion.  They are the most backwards group, in my opinion.  I would like to see Bravo dump almost all of them (keeping Kenya and Cynthia) and hire women whose thoughts are at least in this century.

• Love 5

That being said, it all makes me dislike Phaedra even more.  She was clearly wounded by Chuck's trash talk. She even told him that her husband would not appreciate the way he spoke to her.  (Though at the PJ party from hell, Apollo focused on the man Kenya spends her time with, no matter his sexuality, rather than "clearing the air" with Chuck).

Oh wow, I just registered the fact that Apollo had nothing to say to Chuck. I know Phae told him about what happened because she answered Apollo's call in the car and said she would talk to him later. He didn't feel the need to defend his wife? Between this and the comment about infidelity and the comment about throwing thousands a night at strippers, the writing was on the wall for their marriage at this pillow talk.

but when Kenya turned the tables and called her a dumb slut

I cringed when Kenya did that. Even the most progressive feminists slip from time to time in the heat of argument, so I get it, but damn, before that comment Kenya could have safely said that she was one of the few who didn't use sexist, slut-shaming insults (I don't count Kenya's comments about Phae's body because those were always in the context of the workout video, which is a legitimate criticism of what a fitness model should look like and not an insinuation that women of a certain size/shape aren't fit to be seen in public). I was really disappointed in Kenya and that slut comment made her speeches about women "lifting each other up" and refusing to "roll in the mud with pigs" so much less impactful and a bit hypocritical when those speeches had the potential to be something great that is rarely done on these reality shows. Dont' get me wrong, one slut comment doesn't compare to an entire season of "whore Moore" chanting from half the cast, but it was still wrong.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 1

I just have to keep telling myself "they are doing it for the ratings...they are doing it for the ratings..." otherwise I'd have no hair left from pulling it all out. Not to mention a brick inserted in my TV. :)

Phaedra, on the other hand, kept mixing reality with TV reality, forgetting that we were watching closely as her marriage disintegrated before our eyes. Lord only knows what was going on that we didn't see. I pray for those two little boys to come out of this mess OK. Hopefully Phaedra won't be rushing to find a "fill-in" daddy anytime soon. 

• Love 1

It's funny that the rap against Kenya is never that she's an inappropriate flirt.  It's never that she is too immature.  It's never that she tries too hard to get people to like her.  It's always "Moore-whore-a" or "home wrecker" or some other ignorant dreck based on the lie told by the parks-nida duo. 

If the TWOP boards were still up, there would be plenty of proof that many people couldn't stand Kenya early on for those things you claim we didn't harp on. Kenya signed on this show with a completely fake relationship with Walter. Kenya wasn't trying to keep a troubled relationship under wraps; she invented one for the camera and her immature ass couldn't play it. The woman who desperately wanted Walter to marry her, unabashedly and inappropriately flirted with the hotel staff in Walter's presence. Walter registered no emotion, as though he was a stranger to Kenya. Also remember that Kenya twerked on Peter and she received a lot of flack for that. 

Kenya's season long obsession with the discarded Walter showed her strangeness. I find her interactions with others off-putting. I found her approach to the men at the bar in Mexico inappropriate and sly as a snake.  It was Kenya who had the gall to ask Monique how she felt about two other women at the table being familiar with her husband's genitals. 

Kenya earned her bad reputation fair & square even without the Nida triangle.

• Love 3

If the TWOP boards were still up, there would be plenty of proof that many people couldn't stand Kenya early on for those things you claim we didn't harp on. Kenya signed on this show with a completely fake relationship with Walter. Kenya wasn't trying to keep a troubled relationship under wraps; she invented one for the camera and her immature ass couldn't play it. The woman who desperately wanted Walter to marry her, unabashedly and inappropriately flirted with the hotel staff in Walter's presence. Walter registered no emotion, as though he was a stranger to Kenya. Also remember that Kenya twerked on Peter and she received a lot of flack for that. 

Kenya's season long obsession with the discarded Walter showed her strangeness. I find her interactions with others off-putting. I found her approach to the men at the bar in Mexico inappropriate and sly as a snake.  It was Kenya who had the gall to ask Monique how she felt about two other women at the table being familiar with her husband's genitals. 

Kenya earned her bad reputation fair & square even without the Nida triangle.

Kenya has always been a pot stirrer, and once I looked at her actions through that filter, they didn't bother me.  Monique should have been thanking Kenya, because she was boring and irrelevant until Kenya brought up Chuck dating both Phaedra and Kandi.  She continued to be boring and irrelevant which is why she wasn't cast, even though she wanted to be on the show.  But frankly,  I would be bored to tears if I had to just listen to Nene's delusions of grandeur and Phaedra's faux belle routine.  I think Kenya played Mexico out like a boss, but you may be talking about other men in another bar in Mexico or YMMV. I totally understood Kenya's rationale, and I wouldn't expect her to let Phaedra's lies about her go unchecked.   I think Kenya went into that bar in Mexico knowing what she wanted to accomplished, got Apollo to admit on national TV that he is a big fat liar, and BOOM! goes the dynamite, right in Phaedra's face.  And I hope Phaedra learned an important lesson about going all over town telling lies about someone.  Especially when that someone has the ability to up the ante, embarrass and expose you on national TV.

I actually felt bad for Kenya that she felt she needed a relationship to be validated in any way, and I despise Phaedra's constant attempts to make it seem like she was somehow better because she had a man.  Well Phaedra, how exactly is that working out for you?  I'm guessing you're not feeling so superior now.  When women base their worth on whether or not they have a relationship I think its so unfortunate, because it encourages women to simply get into any relationship, even if its a bad one.  

I actually vaguely remember Phaedra getting flack for showing up in that ridiculous net outfit in Anguilla, which I think was some sad sack attempt to get men to pay attention to her.  Although, I don't think a group that includes a former Miss USA, and a model was going to experience anything even approaching jealousy at that.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 4

I laughed out loud at Kenya's first season, faking cooking dinner, faking a relationship with Walter. She was hired to play a role and she played it to the hilt. I don't think she expected the backlash, because so many people forget that the term "reality" has nothing to do with these types of shows. Second season, she comes in with a new attitude and a new way of handling the various arrows that get shot her way. I enjoy watching Kenya because I know she's playing a role and she's good at it.

Phaedra is taking a break from the show because if she didn't, real reality would have to be played out on television. I don't think she wants that for her children. She may have overdone it last season with her attacks on Kenya, but I also think she was going through a shitstorm at home and was lashing out the only way she could think of, for her role on the show. I noticed more than once that Apollo would be coming and going from their home with a backpack. It struck me then that no matter how much they denied it, they had already split. Phaedra had to keep up the ruse of their marriage in order for her storyline of attacking Kenya to continue. I also think Phaedra has a hard time admitting she's wrong or that things are not all sunshine and roses in her life.

• Love 4

I laughed out loud at Kenya's first season, faking cooking dinner, faking a relationship with Walter. She was hired to play a role and she played it to the hilt. I don't think she expected the backlash, because so many people forget that the term "reality" has nothing to do with these types of shows. Second season, she comes in with a new attitude and a new way of handling the various arrows that get shot her way. I enjoy watching Kenya because I know she's playing a role and she's good at it.

Phaedra is taking a break from the show because if she didn't, real reality would have to be played out on television. I don't think she wants that for her children. She may have overdone it last season with her attacks on Kenya, but I also think she was going through a shitstorm at home and was lashing out the only way she could think of, for her role on the show. I noticed more than once that Apollo would be coming and going from their home with a backpack. It struck me then that no matter how much they denied it, they had already split. Phaedra had to keep up the ruse of their marriage in order for her storyline of attacking Kenya to continue. I also think Phaedra has a hard time admitting she's wrong or that things are not all sunshine and roses in her life.

Exactly, I think your statement about how you enjoy watching her because you know she is playing a role is exactly how I feel.  I think its 85% an act, and 15% when she is being honest, or making a statement about women that I think is true (normally because Porsha has said something ridiculous).

I also think Phaedra has a hard time admitting when things aren't going her way, but I think if you want the perks of being on a reality show, you have to take the pitfalls too, and showing people your pain seems to be the pitfall.

• Love 1

Speaking of Phaedra not admitting wrong, when Cynthia hit her with that phone message, you could see Phaedra's brain scrambling to come up with an excuse or a lie. She has the public image she wants people to see, and the reality of her personality that she keeps behind closed doors, I think.

• Love 3

Yes, Shadedra definitely has a tv face and it seems her go-to when threatened with a reveal of her fakeness is to play with her struggle titties. When Cynthia hit her with the recorded phone message she said a bee magically appeared and bit her on the tit, then when Kenya tried to corner her to squash their beef she produced that loud ass breast pump.

She really makes them titties earn their keep.

• Love 3
If the TWOP boards were still up, there would be plenty of proof that many people couldn't stand Kenya early on for those things you claim we didn't harp on. Kenya signed on this show with a completely fake relationship with Walter.

I was a poster at TWOP and don't see it that way.  .Did Walter come up?  Yes. What came up most?  Apollo and PHaedra's lie.

I thought it was interesting that Kenya called Kandi out for knowing the relationship with Walter wasn't fake, and Kandi didn't contradict her.  She and Walter, apparently had a relationship at some point, or I don't get why he would agree to play a role on the show.  It's all too weird.  I can't believe Kenya would play the role of desperate unwanted untouched undesirable woman.  The thing with Walter is the only thing I think was real out of that season.  I think she believed they were rekindling and he wanted to be on TV.  I think the crap stirrer stuff was what she was hired to do... try to keep the drama going.  Otherwise, I don't know why she would tell Natalie that Christopher said she was no one serious to him. OUCH.  Totally uncalled for.  

I never thought she was really flirting with Apollo as much as I thought she was again, working on the drama.  Peter never took it seriously.  Walter certainly different.  Only poor foolish Apollo did.  I can see why the women at the strip club were about to work $$$$ out of him each night.

• Love 1

I think she believed they were rekindling and he wanted to be on TV.  I think the crap stirrer stuff was what she was hired to do... try to keep the drama going.

Yep, that's what she was hired and paid to do. Keep it interesting. For ratings and advertising dollars to the show. I looked at Walter as an opportunist who wanted to be on TV to boost his business. Wearing those dumbass shoes to go fishing. LOL

Apollo was truly at the bottom of the rung when it came to the guys on the show who understood their roles. Poor dumb Apollo thought he was supposed to be himself. I'd say he succeeded. Physicality and all. :)

• Love 3

I was a poster at TWOP and don't see it that way.  .Did Walter come up?  Yes. What came up most?  Apollo and PHaedra's lie.

I thought it was interesting that Kenya called Kandi out for knowing the relationship with Walter wasn't fake, and Kandi didn't contradict her.  She and Walter, apparently had a relationship at some point, or I don't get why he would agree to play a role on the show.  It's all too weird.  I can't believe Kenya would play the role of desperate unwanted untouched undesirable woman.  The thing with Walter is the only thing I think was real out of that season.  I think she believed they were rekindling and he wanted to be on TV.  I think the crap stirrer stuff was what she was hired to do... try to keep the drama going.  Otherwise, I don't know why she would tell Natalie that Christopher said she was no one serious to him. OUCH.  Totally uncalled for.  

I never thought she was really flirting with Apollo as much as I thought she was again, working on the drama.  Peter never took it seriously.  Walter certainly different.  Only poor foolish Apollo did.  I can see why the women at the strip club were about to work $$$$ out of him each night.

Of course the Nida triangle generated more discussion; it was juicer and more personal. But Kenya had a bad track record on the show before she stepped into that quagmire. It wasn't about Peter not taking the twerk seriously. Apollo probably didn't take that pool dunk too seriously either. However one spouse did complain and Kenya should have stopped her games right there.

Can't stand Kenya but the women were wrong to blame the pillow talk brawl on her. Not her fault. However the fact that she had a smile on her face while in the thick of it with Brandon & Apollo revealed more of her character flaws.

I am reading that many feel that it is okay and maybe even encourage women to approach their significant others anyway they please. But for homies who don't play that, such behavior will always be offensive. And if any man would ever approach me and my husband with that vile threesome "flirt", there would be the brawl of the century.  

The only thing I knew about Kenya before she joined this show was that she as a former beauty queen and an occasional actress.  Phaedra and Porsha alluded to the reputation they claimed Kenya had before joining this show during the reunion.  I couldn't find any dirt on her when she joined, and I searched to find out what fresh hell was being added to the show.  I think Kenya's "past reputation" is a lot  like her desperate plea for sex from Apollo - nonexistent  I can believe she was 'beauty queen mean", but the other stuff?. The only allegations I've seen are those what have cropped up since the Parks-Nida accusation.

The other women acted as if they'd never heard of her before she joined.  Most of the gossip was about Porsha, and mostly, that I remember, about Kordell.  Suddenly they've heard all this scandalous trash about her?  I think Kenya did ok as an actress and producer - more successful than many, but not A-list status.  I don't recall that there was a paparazzi following or anyone writing  gossip articles about her. I think nearly all of the HWs, across franchises, are relatively interesting, but almost none of them are a list enough for a reputation.  

Well, except Nene who thinks she is the goddess of all things great and small and that Hollywood is so desperate for her attention that they're leaving piles of scripts at her door.  I still keel over laughing when I think about her saying that.

• Love 3

Yep, that's what she was hired and paid to do. Keep it interesting. For ratings and advertising dollars to the show. I looked at Walter as an opportunist who wanted to be on TV to boost his business. Wearing those dumbass shoes to go fishing. LOL

Apollo was truly at the bottom of the rung when it came to the guys on the show who understood their roles. Poor dumb Apollo thought he was supposed to be himself. I'd say he succeeded. Physicality and all. :)

He's just a juvial type of guy, what are you gonna do??

Of course the Nida triangle generated more discussion; it was juicer and more personal. But Kenya had a bad track record on the show before she stepped into that quagmire. It wasn't about Peter not taking the twerk seriously. Apollo probably didn't take that pool dunk too seriously either. However one spouse did complain and Kenya should have stopped her games right there.

Can't stand Kenya but the women were wrong to blame the pillow talk brawl on her. Not her fault. However the fact that she had a smile on her face while in the thick of it with Brandon & Apollo revealed more of her character flaws.

I am reading that many feel that it is okay and maybe even encourage women to approach their significant others anyway they please. But for homies who don't play that, such behavior will always be offensive. And if any man would ever approach me and my husband with that vile threesome "flirt", there would be the brawl of the century.  

I can tell you right now, if any woman approached me and any man I've ever dated in my life about a threesome, I would be laughing, right in front of her face and his.  I mean would you really take something like that seriously?  Especially when someone has a camera in your face and you're on a reality TV show?  Come on now, I mean maybe if they were all three at a quiet, intimate dinner and the subject came up, I would be like...."wow, that is strange"  But with the way Kenya is, I wouldn't have taken that seriously at all.

And for my part, it still confuses me that somehow Kenya is vilified for behavior that Apollo could have stopped.  One spouse should complain to another spouse, and it should be up to that spouse to stop the behavior if it bothers their spouse.  But people always put the behavior on Kenya, but maybe Phaedra should have married a guy that she could say "hey, that bothers me, stop" and he would stop.  Maybe she shouldn't have been in a rush to marry the first pretty boy that came her way.

I'm of the point of view that I hope ultimately to be with a man who I can trust, if you can trust your man you shouldn't have to worry about anyone approaching him.  and you surely shouldn't have to have any serious concerns about a woman who is offering you and your man a three way in front of a camera crew!  If thats the man you married, you get what you get. 

It amuses me when the talk is always about how Kenya should have stopped things, but almost never on how Apollo should have stopped things. Isn't he the one that took the vows to "honor and respect" Phaedra?

I remember Kenya being nothing but absolutely upset at the entire pillow fight brawl. 

The only thing I knew about Kenya before she joined this show was that she as a former beauty queen and an occasional actress.  Phaedra and Porsha alluded to the reputation they claimed Kenya had before joining this show during the reunion.  I couldn't find any dirt on her when she joined, and I searched to find out what fresh hell was being added to the show.  I think Kenya's "past reputation" is a lot  like her desperate plea for sex from Apollo - nonexistent  I can believe she was 'beauty queen mean", but the other stuff?. The only allegations I've seen are those what have cropped up since the Parks-Nida accusation.

The other women acted as if they'd never heard of her before she joined.  Most of the gossip was about Porsha, and mostly, that I remember, about Kordell.  Suddenly they've heard all this scandalous trash about her?  I think Kenya did ok as an actress and producer - more successful than many, but not A-list status.  I don't recall that there was a paparazzi following or anyone writing  gossip articles about her. I think nearly all of the HWs, across franchises, are relatively interesting, but almost none of them are a list enough for a reputation.  

Well, except Nene who thinks she is the goddess of all things great and small and that Hollywood is so desperate for her attention that they're leaving piles of scripts at her door.  I still keel over laughing when I think about her saying that.

The best scene was her sincerely talking to her "agent" about all the scripts she isn't even reading.  Ones with a-list actors.  It was just so delusional that it was awesome.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

What I still cannot understand is the unbelievable support for a woman who knowingly flirted with other people significant other, invented a bfriend and then tried to marry him when it was so obviouse the relationship was contrived, then made up another bfriend no one has seen and has clashed with every other person (less the only one who had confrontation issues) the wrong way.  She has not only had a problem on RHOA but on CA as well with those fights spilling out of the show into social media.  She has done nothing to ingraciate herself with anyone.

There has to be a reason why no one on either of these shows like her.  Sure haters gonna hate but Kenya has made it so easy

• Love 4

RealityGal, I would seriously take such a proposition as a clear picture of how low the person who said it is, and I would never deal with them again. 

I would laugh right in their face because I would take it as an absolute joke.  I would think the person had an odd sense of humor, but I wouldn't think someone was serious about offering me a threesome, when they said it in front of a camera crew, on national TV.  But I have a pretty thick skin, and I tend to date guys that have the same sensibilities that I do so it wouldn't worry me.  I would be far more worried about someone who wasn't making those propositions in front of a camera crew for a reality show.

• Love 3

What I still cannot understand is the unbelievable support for a woman who knowingly flirted with other people significant other, invented a bfriend and then tried to marry him when it was so obviouse the relationship was contrived, then made up another bfriend no one has seen and has clashed with every other person (less the only one who had confrontation issues) the wrong way.  She has not only had a problem on RHOA but on CA as well with those fights spilling out of the show into social media.  She has done nothing to ingraciate herself with anyone.

There has to be a reason why no one on either of these shows like her.  Sure haters gonna hate but Kenya has made it so easy

I think flirting can be harmless, and I also think that there is a gulf of difference between what you consider flirting and what I consider flirting.  Phaedra attempted to flirt with Willie Watkins which the whole "luscious legs/prayer cloth" routine, and it was positively cringe worthy, but am I going to paint her with a scarlet A for it?  Nope.

And as others have said there is evidence to suggest that her relationship with Walter wasn't a put on, but just a bad relationship.  And I feel sorry for someone who has been so pushed by society, and by women like Phaedra that they feel like they need a relationship to be worthy or worthwhile.  I've felt bad for Kenya feeling like she has to create relationships because apparently if you don't have a man you're somehow less than whole, and its a way to put someone down.  And exactly how is that superiority that Phaedra felt having a man working out for her?  Now that she is married to a felon...maybe she shouldn't have been so quick to put someone down for not having a man, because just having a man is no great accomplishment.  Because look at how easily Kenya could have had Phaedra's man if she wanted him.  It says a lot that she would rather have a fake man than Phaedra's.  Look at how easily other women have had Phaedra's man, so its no great accomplishment to just have a man.  And BTW, how is having a man working out for Porsha?  She was so proud to have a man, feeling so superior, and she couldn't even have people over to her house!  And he is probably gay!

So no, even if it were true I won't subscribe to the position that making up a relationship, or making up a man on this show somehow makes a person bad.  It makes me sad that in this society, in this time where women can have a career that can be equal to a man, in this day and age where women can get an education, can make their own money, and accomplish things we never could before, that we're still picking on women, and putting them down because they "don't have a man."  Somehow Porsha, who doesn't even realize that there are 365 days in a year somehow feels superior to anyone because she "has a man"  Its sad that thats how we would judge a woman's worth to the point where a woman feels like she has to make up a relationship.  And that Kenya lives in a place where this judgment is so prevalent that she feels the need to make up a relationship because any other accomplishments she has had seem to pale in comparison to "well, I got a man!"

I think its that very attitude that got both Porsha and Phaedra in trouble, this societal pressure to just get a man kept them from getting a good man.  So, I don't agree with any point of view that perpetuates that attitude.

I think Nene hates Kenya because she is taking away her spotlight..  I think Kandi has been pulled into hating Kenya because she is supporting her friend Phaedra, and has probably believed the bevy of lies Phaedra was telling.  I don't think Cynthia has a problem with Kenya.  Porsha is a dummy, who IMO will co-sign anything Nene says/thinks.  

I also think Kenya is a pot stirrer, and for me, because I see it as done for the purposes of the show, I don't mind it.  I think the show would bore me to tears without it.  I would have to listen to Nene talk about how amazing she is and turning down scripts left and right.  I would have to listen to Porsha, who probably thinks Crispus Attucks is a new burger.  I would have to listen to Phaedra's weak attempts to convince me her life is perfect.  That would be one boring ass show for me.

• Love 5

The Atlanta housewives have missed about three decades of progress in women's rights, in my opinion.  They are the most backwards group, in my opinion.  I would like to see Bravo dump almost all of them (keeping Kenya and Cynthia) and hire women whose thoughts are at least in this century.

The problem is that no one wants to watch those women because they are not going to bring the drama.  OWN has a show called "Love in the City" which is very similar to what you describe, but I don't think many people are watching it.  The show is very similar to Blood, Sweat, and Heels...without the alcohol.

• Love 1

I've been a Kenya supporter once it became clear to me that she was getting a raw deal from these women. Her first season, I couldn't stand her because I thought she was just batshit crazy with that whole Walter storyline. Then, in her second season, you could tell she learned how to play the Housewife game, and she came off as one of the few sane ones in the bunch. After her one-on-one interview with Andy, where she proved she was telling the truth about a lot of things, and that Porsha was put up to coming after her by NeNe and Phaedra... at that point I wouldn't blame her if she walked away from this craziness, but another part of me wants her to hang in there and stick it to each and every one of them.

Where's Kenya going to go?  She's enjoying the 'celebrity' and the money.

Thanks. You said it all. Kenya is owed nothing. She still flirted with Phaedra's husband on national television. The texts were just one part of the issue. Kenya is still grimy, messy, lowdown, and crazy.

Seriously.  If Phaedra has to apologize to Kenya, then all of next season is going to be a series of apologies from one cast member to the next.  No one's hands are clean in trash talking.

ToukieSmith, I get what you are saying. I dislike Kenya because she is "that woman" who deliberately gets under peoples skin, then when they react because they have had abate of her schtick, she gets all  whaaaa?  (abate is a slang term around my area) I want to like Kenya. She is beautiful, seems to have a little bit going on professionally, and you can have a conversation with her, under some circumstances. But like ridethemaverick said, there is just something off about her. I commented before, either here or over at twop, that her family seemed terrified, specifically the beautiful aunt, that she was going to have a child. The whole family gathering that night seemed to have an undercurrent to it. 

Never heard abate to mean enough or full. 

I don't enjoy Kenya.  She comes across as fake and slightly disturbed.  I don't find it amusing on TV and sure as hell wouldn't find it amusing in person.  I wouldn't feel threatened if she flirted with my guy but I wouldn't like it either as it's disrespectful and she's doing it to get attention.  Kenya doesn't care if her actions have other consequences, she just cares that she gets attention at that moment, to hell with any potential fall out.  No thanks.

I didn't believe that Kenya was chasing Apollo either.  I would believe that she was toying with him to make him look more like a fool and to get some more attention.

I have to say: I don't care for Kenya at all - haven't since the beginning - but she's a great addition to the show.  We need that controversial figure and it's interesting that she's the one who gets the most attention and discussion.  And really, that's why the majority of the women don't like her.  Kenya is the star of RHOA at this point.  Nene won't admit it, but that's her entire problem with Kenya. 

I am not one of those who would be okay with anyone approaching me and my man the way Kenya did (it would probably catch you a swift chop to the throat).  I don't behave that way with men who are in relationships and wouldn't be pleased with anyone behaving that way around my man.  That said, I would have much more respect for Phaedra if she did in fact apologize to Kenya.  Not for being irritated with the approach but for spreading the lies caused by Apollo.  Phaedra doesn't have to apologize for being angry nor do I think she should apologize for believing her husband but causing intentional harm to someone's reputation isn't okay, no matter why you did it.

• Love 1

Seriously.  If Phaedra has to apologize to Kenya, then all of next season is going to be a series of apologies from one cast member to the next.  No one's hands are clean in trash talking.

I didn't believe that Kenya was chasing Apollo either.  I would believe that she was toying with him to make him look more like a fool and to get some more attention.

But I think there is a difference between trash talking and outright lying.  I think what Phaedra was doing was outright lying, and trying to set up a bunch of rules so she could continue to lie and save face.  But I also don't buy for even a nanosecond that Phaedra believed anything Apollo said to her about Kenya offering him sex and him turning her down.  

He made his views on marital fidelity clear at pillowtalk, and Phaedra didn't seem shocked or scandalized IIRC, so she knew that he didn't think fidelity was all that important in a marriage.  And so, if you don't place much emphasis on being faithful to your spouse in a marriage, and you're a guy who is attracted to strippers, and a former Miss USA comes along who is attractive, it shouldn't be a mental leap to realize that if she is in any way going to offer him sex,  the only way those two people aren't having sex is if she turns him down.  So I think Phaedra knew full well that she was lying about Kenya, not proffering an opinion, not just stirring the pot, not just shit talking, but outright lying about a woman offering her husband sex so that she could maintain her "image" of having a great marriage.  Or even a marriage where her husband is remotely interested in her.

Oh see, I take 85-90% of kenya as pot stirring and putting on a show.  She is normally so over the top that I can't take her antics seriously.  But I've had friends that we used to call "habitual line steppers" (TM Dave Chapelle) and I never took anything they said seriously unless they were very, very clear that they were being serious because most of the time they were saying shit just to be saying shit.

Edited by RealityGal

Where's Kenya going to go?  She's enjoying the 'celebrity' and the money.

Oh, I agree with you that she enjoys the popularity she's gained from this show. She was invited to be on The Apprentice, and I assume Dancing With The Stars probably isn't far behind. Love her or hate her, she makes this show interesting. And...

Kenya is the star of RHOA at this point.  Nene won't admit it, but that's her entire problem with Kenya.

Absolutely! NeNe's star is falling, Kenya's has risen, and it doesn't look like anyone else on the show is going to top her antics at this point.

I feel like Beatrice's friend many days, that's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.

Ha!  I flove that woman.

Mileage may vary indeed.

I don't think Phaedra went on the offensive against Kenya to make her own marriage look good.  I do think she went after Kenya because 1) Kenya annoyed her with her antics; 2) Phaedra wanted to deflect attention from her own marriage/shadiness.

Maybe I could feel for Kenya if she wasn't acting up and out all the time.  Kenya came on playing some sort of part, being all desperate for attention but didn't like how it came back her. Oh well. There's nothing genuine about her and if Kenya wants to claim she's playing a role, how can she be so offended when others change the game on her? 

It was nasty that Phaedra went after Kenya like that.  But Phaedra is a shady nasty poser.  Don't poke bears and don't poke crazy.  We can add don't poke stupid to it.

Love her or hate her, she makes this show interesting. And...

I neither lover her or hate her.  And I don't find her or her scenes interesting.  I'd rather spend time with Sheree.  Or watch a fully scripted show.

• Love 1

I agree. Kenya is not interesting at all IMO. The fake Walter relationship, the baby nonsense, twerking on furniture in empty houses...boring and pointless as hell.

And cosign on the post about her being disliked wherever she goes. I've long believed that the whole "Kenya's the smartest because she doesn't show her real life/she's playing a role" thing was an excuse. I think what we see is the real Kenya. She lacks social skills and I'd bet she has not one true friend in real life. Her family members look like they can barely stand to be around her.

I kind of hope she really does become the new star. Then maybe she'll get her own show and I won't have to see (well, fast forward) her on rhoa. It happened with Kim so I have some hope.

• Love 2

Kenya is the star of RHOA at this point.  Nene won't admit it, but that's her entire problem with Kenya. 

Nene kinda admitted it at the PillowTalk according to an executive producer who wrote about how Nene was furious, stalking up and down the room, screaming about Kenya being the star.

I agree. Kenya is not interesting at all IMO. The fake Walter relationship, the baby nonsense, twerking on furniture in empty houses...boring and pointless as hell.

Kenya's storyline about her parents (mother giving her away and conveniently showing up in her life again after she wins Ms. USA and a father who is at best indifferent to her and at worst an asshole) was the single most interesting storyline of the entire season for me. Shit got real. Those moments confirmed for me that the twirling-twerking-fake boyfriend Kenya was an act because I saw the real, vulnerable Kenya the minute she picked up her father from the airport.

• Love 1

Ha!  I flove that woman.

Mileage may vary indeed.

I don't think Phaedra went on the offensive against Kenya to make her own marriage look good.  I do think she went after Kenya because 1) Kenya annoyed her with her antics; 2) Phaedra wanted to deflect attention from her own marriage/shadiness.

Maybe I could feel for Kenya if she wasn't acting up and out all the time.  Kenya came on playing some sort of part, being all desperate for attention but didn't like how it came back her. Oh well. There's nothing genuine about her and if Kenya wants to claim she's playing a role, how can she be so offended when others change the game on her? 

It was nasty that Phaedra went after Kenya like that.  But Phaedra is a shady nasty poser.  Don't poke bears and don't poke crazy.  We can add don't poke stupid to it.

You can go after someone without having to outright lie about them.  If you want to offer an opinion, thats fine.  You wanna say Kenya has a fake booty, fine, thats is more along the lines of opinion and puffery to me.  But telling people that someone has offered your husband sex, when you know it not to be true is another thing altogether.  And then to try to dictate rules so the person you're accusing can't get the truth out is low down and dirty.  Kenya shouldn't be in a situation where she isn't allowed to get the truth out, and you're allowed to lie about her all over Atlanta just because you have a shitty marriage and you're upset.  And I think Phaedra's actions show that she knew damn well Kenya didn't offer Apollo sex, and went around saying it anyways.  I think Kenya is sharp, and I do think her antics are for show.  And I thank her for them because the show would be boring without someone pot stirring.  I think Kenya does play a role, she is a pot stirrer and she causes antics, but there is a difference between that, and outright lying about someone.  And Phaedra wasn't going all over Atlanta lying about Kenya just on camera either, she was doing it apparently when they weren't filming, which makes it, IMO way more personal that what Kenya does for show. 

Nene kinda admitted it at the PillowTalk according to an executive producer who wrote about how Nene was furious, stalking up and down the room, screaming about Kenya being the star.

Kenya's storyline about her parents (mother giving her away and conveniently showing up in her life again after she wins Ms. USA and a father who is at best indifferent to her and at worst an asshole) was the single most interesting storyline of the entire season for me. Shit got real. Those moments confirmed for me that the twirling-twerking-fake boyfriend Kenya was an act because I saw the real, vulnerable Kenya the minute she picked up her father from the airport.

I agree with this 100% -- I think those scenes with her father were real.  And I think its the one time Kenya "got got" by production.  I think her father is a sore spot for her, and it doesn't seem like he visits often (read - he only visits when he is going to get a Bravo payday and gets to be on TV).  I think production told her father to lay it on real thick and because he likely barely gives two fucks about Kenya decided to act out on TV.  Kenya's pain over her mother seems real.  I've always maintained that 85-90% of Kenya is for show, and those are part of the 10-15% of the time when she is being real.  I also think some of her observations, whether for show or not are just dead on.  When Natalie (Christopher's wife) said something about how she dances for him in private, and they cut to Kenya's TH and she was like "my question was 'where does she tuck it?'"  I was dying, because I thought Natalie looked like a man too!)

Sad thing to me about Kenya though, she is so appreciative of her family that part of me thinks that even if she knew her father was visiting her just to get on TV and get paid, she still would have welcomed him.

• Love 1

And cosign on the post about her being disliked wherever she goes. I've long believed that the whole "Kenya's the smartest because she doesn't show her real life/she's playing a role" thing was an excuse. I think what we see is the real Kenya. She lacks social skills and I'd bet she has not one true friend in real life. Her family members look like they can barely stand to be around her.

I kind of hope she really does become the new star. Then maybe she'll get her own show and I won't have to see (well, fast forward) her on rhoa. It happened with Kim so I have some hope.

You really think?  I would imagine that to navigate to the top of the pageant world takes some social skills and finesse.  I imagine women in the pageant circuit know when and how to turn on their social skills and when/how to turn them off.  I don't know when she started pageants, but I know the women I know of who basically started doing them later in life to get college money were very intelligent, and very socially adept.  I also think Miss Lawrence is her friend, unless there is something I don't know.  And Brandon, say what you will, he protected her even though he was just her friend/assistant.  Have we ever seen any of Porsha's friends?  I wouldn't assume just because we haven't seen them that they simply don't exist.  And Porsha, to me, seems like the polar opposite of Kenya.  I mean we saw a group with her when she met that golf pro, but they didn't really seem like Porsha's friends since none of them seemed to be talking to her one on one.

Edited by RealityGal

I enjoy watching Kenya because I know she's playing a role and she's good at it. I think your statement about how you enjoy watching her because you know she is playing a role is exactly how I feel.  

I'm confused if Kenya is playing a role as a" whatever". Why should anyone be "cross" with Phaedra because she is playing a role and reacting  to the role Kenya is playing?

By playing the role of a woman who has been humiliated and believes part of that humiliation  is by  a woman who is just playing a role.

If Kenya is just playing the role she was hired to play; the role of a shit-stirrer with no boundaries.

Is it a stretch to believe Phaedra is playing the role she was hired to play? A wife who married a man she believed in  and trusted.

If Kenya is playing the role of a whore and that's not who she truly is, then Phaedra is playing the role of  a wife who in her mind is being disrespected.

And that's not who she truly is.

I'd say they were both damn good actors. Because they both are believable

"They clearly weren't going to have, or plan to have sex in front of a camera crew, so why get so bent out of shape, she wasn't going to offer to "do what Phaedra couldn't" in front of a camera crew." 

"Exactly! Even I don't believe that Phaedra dumb or irrational enough to believe that either of them was soliciting sex on camera."  

Actually you didn't see either of them soliciting sex ON CAMERA.It was just talked about.

But you did see Kenya,set up this dinner,talking about how she was fooling Walter with her cooking, etc.

You did see Cynthia flat out lie to Peter about what Kandi said and flat out lie to the girls about what (I've forgotten her name) said about  Todd.

My point is they all say  and do things on camera, so to say Kenya wasn't serious about what her intention were , because the camera was rolling is, well,naive.

But I think there is a difference between trash talking and outright lying.  I think what Phaedra was doing was outright lying, and trying to set up a bunch of rules so she could continue to lie and save face.  But I also don't buy for even a nanosecond that Phaedra believed anything Apollo said to her about Kenya offering.

Again the cameras were rolling, how could her lying and everyone see her lying saves face.

I believe we saw more on camera to believe Phaedra should believe Apollo, than we saw for her to believe he was lying.

We never saw Apollo with anyone.We never saw Phaedra give Apollo shit about anyone else.

Peter,and even Todd said they went to strip joints, do we believe either of them cheated because of the strip club.

Spending eight thousand dollars at a strip club is not unheard of with high rollers, apparently Apollo considered himself a high roller. If he was had income (legal or illegal)of a million dollars, not paying a mortgage note,car note,child support, he had 4/5 thousand dollars to spend.

Men don't buy sex in strip clubs they "tip" women,for dancing .

If you don't believe me ask NeNe. She sent her son to private school  from the tips she made by dancing in strip clubs, not selling sex, in strip clubs.

Apollo was a piece of work.

But I truly believed Phaedra married him believing he was everything she wanted him to be.

She said on WHHL she hated the fact that people would believe a criminal once a criminal forever.

I believe she believed everything Apollo said, and when she called Kenya a whore it was because Apollo said she was.

Why would Apollo lie about Kenya? and why should Phaedra believe Kenya over Apollo?

How could her telling lies about Kenya hide her failing marriage? We SAW  how Apollo disrespected Phaedra.

If something like "your man is fione" and "can we have a threesome" came from a person who is known for twerking pianos, and slapping other women on the ass, and generally saying inappropriate crap, no, I actually don't think I would have a problem with it.

I would be just as offended if a woman slapped me on my ass as I would be if a man slapped me on my ass.

Just because a woman twerks on a piano,say inappropriate crap and you don't have a problem with it, doesn't mean Phaedra shouldn't and apparently Phaedra had a problem with it.

When people are offensive and disrespectful to you (in your mind), because that is the only thing that matters,you lash out by being just as offensive as they are.

You don't have to follow the rules, just the law.

f Kenya had a problem with being called a whore, then she should do what she did when she had a problem with Porsha. Involve legal authorities. Sue!

To call Kenya a whore,a liar is no worse than NeNe saying Phaedra was called the head doctor in school, after she clearly, vehemently denied knowing Phaedra in school.

• Love 2

You really think? I would imagine that to navigate to the top of the pageant world takes some social skills and finesse. I imagine women in the pageant circuit know when and how to turn on their social skills and when/how to turn them off. I don't know when she started pageants, but I know the women I know of who basically started doing them later in life to get college money were very intelligent, and very socially adept. I also think Miss Lawrence is her friend, unless there is something I don't know. And Brandon, say what you will, he protected her even though he was just her friend/assistant. Have we ever seen any of Porsha's friends? I wouldn't assume just because we haven't seen them that they simply don't exist. And Porsha, to me, seems like the polar opposite of Kenya. I mean we saw a group with her when she met that golf pro, but they didn't really seem like Porsha's friends since none of them seemed to be talking to her one on one.

We've seen porsha's friends and family on the show at one point or another. Her mother is loving (if a bit indulgent), her brother and sister love her, and her best friend has appeared a couple of times (they've been best friends since high school and she posts pics if them on IG all the time). Contrast that with Kenya, whose father can't stand her. Her aunt seems perplexed and worried whenever she's around her, and the family she had on the show looked like they could barely tolerate her. Brandon...I think she was disloyal to him with the whole Apollo thing and I doubt they're close. Lawrence is a famewhore so I don't count him as a friend to anyone.

The woman has issues. Even thinking about the show...anyone who has comforted or protected Kenya in some way has been stabbed in the back by her. Phaedra comforted her after the Walter nonsense and kenya went right back to dogging her out. She and porsha comforted each other on one of the trips and Kenya went right back to dogging porsha out. Brandon is hurt by Apollo while protecting Kenya and she turns right around and has drinks and laughs with him like he didn't break her friend's ribs.

This us just my opinion but no, I don't think she has social skills and I don't think she has true friends. And there is a reason for that. I think the messy person we see on the show is real.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

YMMV, but women dancing naked and performing lap dances are selling sex. Whether or not intercourse is involved is immaterial.

It's a moot point about an apology because P is allegedly off the show next year. And I suspect that if she did the show, she would staunchly refuse to discuss Apollo, a la Ramona on NY. That's the way she rolls. Plus, the reason to apologize would be to get along and I don't think P gives a rat's ass about getting along with K.

Coloradoqt, excellent point. If Kenya is just acting, what difference does it make if someone calls her "character" a whore? Why does it matter if the other ladies in the show can't stand her "character"? And if it's oh so common knowledge that she's playing a role, then can't it be said that the others are role playing right back to her?

Or maybe the simplest explanation is that Kenya really is the person she appears to be on the show.

• Love 5

We've seen porsha's friends and family on the show at one point or another. Her mother is loving (if a bit indulgent), her brother and sister love her, and her best friend has appeared a couple of times (they've been best friends since high school and she posts pics if them on IG all the time). Contrast that with Kenya, whose father can't stand her. Her aunt seems perplexed and worried whenever she's around her, and the family she had on the show looked like they could barely tolerate her. Brandon...I think she was disloyal to him with the whole Apollo thing and I doubt they're close. Lawrence is a famewhore so I don't count him as a friend to anyone.

The woman has issues. Even thinking about the show...anyone who has comforted or protected Kenya in some way has been stabbed in the back by her. Phaedra comforted her after the Walter nonsense and kenya went right back to dogging her out. She and porsha comforted each other on one of the trips and Kenya went right back to dogging porsha out. Brandon is hurt by Apollo while protecting Kenya and she turns right around and has drinks and laughs with him like he didn't break her friend's ribs.

This us just my opinion but no, I don't think she has social skills and I don't think she has true friends is even family that really loves her. And there is a reason for that. I think the messy person we see on the show is real.

So then, by all accounts Porsha has one friend.  This is one friend I personally don't remember seeing.  Your family is your family, and you get stuck with who you get stuck with.  So I don't necessarily blame people for their family not liking them.  A perfectly reasonable person can have a fucked up family, and so I wouldn't say "well, your entire fucked up family doesn't like you, you're probably an awful person."  And based on the type of man her father seems to be, I'm not going to blame Kenya for him not liking her, anymore than I would blame Kenya because her mother abandoned her.

I've never seen Kenya's family appear as though they can't tolerate her.  I've seen their concern for her, and I think thats touching.  Porsha's mother, who is an enabler should be more concerned for her daughter, who is, by all accounts, a moron.  I don't see how Kenya was disloyal to Brandon, but he was her friend, so she does have friends.  She at least has as many as we've seen Porsha have.  And I have no reason to think that Miss Lawrence isn't her friend, although I guess you know him better than I do?  And have we seen any of Phaedra's friends?  Oh, we saw her study group, but were those her friends?  We saw all the people she invites to her over the top shindigs, but if those are her friends, than so are the women that attended Kenya's function.

Kenya started in on Phaedra because of a business deal.  I don't think Kenya's actions in Mexico were motivated by anything other than getting the truth out on national TV.  I don't think she has any great affinity for Apollo.  Unless you're thinking of another time she and Apollo had drinks after he beat Brandon up?  And this show is all about women who are friends, and then not friends.  All of them turn on each other.

Well, we just have to agree to disagree.  I've met women in pageant circles, most are very socially savvy, much to the shock of others.  And these are women who even succeed on a much smaller scale, so to make it to Miss USA had to take some social skills.  Her family life with her mother and father is nothing I can blame her for, they both sound like awful people.  Her aunts and cousins seem to love her, and I don't think love means enabling, or always pasting on a smile.  I think its more real to be a little put off when a camera crew is in your face.  I think the fact that her aunt gives her real loving and caring advice, and will be there for her in a heartbeat shows how much she cares....truly cares, not just enabling and putting on a show for the camera (ie - Porsha's mom), or like Porsha's sister who also just seems to be jockeying for camera time.  Kenya's family seems more real, she and her cousin going shopping isn't her cousin cutting up so she can get on screen like Porsha's sister, its just more quiet, more real.

Yes, let's agree to disagree. But my last comment on this is that Kenya has drama wherever she goes. On RHOA she had drama with every other cast member. On apprentice, some drama went down because of her. I haven't heard of this happening with any other woman on this franchise. If she only had issues with one person, we could say it may be the other person. But I feel safe in saying that since she's argued or had beef with seven people on two shows, it's her. And Donald Trump, who owns her pageant, came out in the media and said she was vile. I don't like him at all, but again, if a lot of people are saying the same thing...