Type keyword(s) to search

Will Kenya get an apology? (S7 spoiler)

• Start Topic

Coloradoqt, excellent point. If Kenya is just acting, what difference does it make if someone calls her "character" a whore? Why does it matter if the other ladies in the show can't stand her "character"? And if it's oh so common knowledge that she's playing a role, then can't it be said that the others are role playing right back to her?

Or maybe the simplest explanation is that Kenya really is the person she appears to be on the show.

Because her "character" goes only so far.  And calling someone out as a whore for something they didn't do is different.  Her "character" on the show can be called a great many things, I would even say flirt, pot-stirrer, shit-starter, but not a liar, and not someone offering sex to a married man.  That is not Kenya's show character, and thats not her in real life.  But Phaedra lied about Kenya as a person, and not even on the show.  I don't believe that Kenya was being filmed for the show when Phaedra decided to go around lying about her, or when this alleged offer of sex happened, so Phaedra was talking about the person Kenya is off the show.  

YMMV, but women dancing naked and performing lap dances are selling sex. Whether or not intercourse is involved is immaterial.

It's a moot point about an apology because P is allegedly off the show next year. And I suspect that if she did the show, she would staunchly refuse to discuss Apollo, a la Ramona on NY. That's the way she rolls. Plus, the reason to apologize would be to get along and I don't think P gives a rat's ass about getting along with K.

Great, then so is showing up near naked in a body stocking.  I mean how far away from the penis before you aren't selling sex anymore?  How many people has Miley Cyrus been selling sex to?  Are lap dancers who refuse to have sex with clients just bad sports or dirty welshers?

There is a performance artist who often dances naked in the display windows of sears and other department stores.  Now she is under the impression that she is making a point about the objectification of women and the materialism of the clothing industry and how much it teaches women to hate their bodies.  I wonder if she knows that by dancing naked she is selling sex?  She would be shocked and appalled by the very idea.

The reason to apologize is because she lied about Kenya offering her husband sex, shouldn't that be reason enough?

• Love 4

I think the topic of discussion has long been lost in the back-and-forth disagreements about Kenya's personality. Try to get back to the original question, state your reason why or why not, and move on.

Please take it to PMs if you want, but the dead horse is now buried. Thanks!

• Love 1

Yes, let's agree to disagree. But my last comment on this is that Kenya has drama wherever she goes. On RHOA she had drama with every other cast member. On apprentice, some drama went down because of her. I haven't heard of this happening with any other woman on this franchise. If she only had issues with one person, we could say it may be the other person. But I feel safe in saying that since she's argued or had beef with seven people on two shows, it's her. And Donald Trump, who owns her pageant, came out in the media and said she was vile. I don't like him at all, but again, if a lot of people are saying the same thing...

Yes.  Lets, but my last comment on the subject will be that pretty much every member of RHOA has had drama with every other member.  And Nene had plenty of drama on the apprentice, which is a show that always has drama.  There was Omorosa, who has been a villain on almost every reality show she is on, there was Nene, there was Lisa Lampenelli.  I also think Donald Trump had no great love for Lisa Lampenelli, and often finds people vile who don't agree with him.  I'm not 100% certain of a man that insisted our president produce his birth certificate and his law school transcripts.  

Kenya isn't silly, she knows that people watch her on RHOA in part because she stirs the pot and brings the drama.  She is 85% an act, so it would be ridiculous of her to go on the Apprentice and not bring drama, I would be disappointed in her if she didn't stir things up, and because thats how she got popular on RHOA, thats what will be expected of her.  I don't think her playing the same character on another reality show, that has garnered her such popularity on RHOA, is something that is crazy or really proof of anything.

I think the topic of discussion has long been lost in the back-and-forth disagreements about Kenya's personality. Try to get back to the original question, state your reason why or why not, and move on.

Please take it to PMs if you want, but the dead horse is now buried. Thanks!

saw this after I posted.  will not post anything else on tangent topics.

• Love 1

And then to try to dictate rules so the person you're accusing can't get the truth out is low down and dirty.

What was Phaedra trying to do?  I don't see how Phaedra could dictate any rules to any castmate.  Certainly don't think anyone besides maybe Cynthia would pay attention to any that she did.

If Kenya comes back, I hope she's more real.  I don't need to see her acting a part that she's created in her head.  It's one thing (to me) to present yourself how you want to be seen versus creating a character with fake storylines.  To me, Sheree and Phaedra were posers --- trying to come off as something other than they were.  But you could see that they were trying to impress.  People like Kenya and Gretchen from OC are playing characters that they think people want to see.  I'm not interested in that.

If Kenya (and anyone else) wants to play a character, then they should get booted.  If they stay on the show and fake it = then they should take the lumps.

I'm not 100% certain of a man that insisted our president produce his birth certificate and his law school transcripts

Add to that Trumps latest comments about US Ebola caregivers not being admitted back to the US.  I find him the most vile of the vile.  After all the business corporate criminals and climbers he has been exposed to  it is laughable that a former Miss USA on his producer driven reality show would even crack the top fifty percent of the most vile people he has met. I will wait and but maybe its another case of a man lashing out because he wants something he cannot have....See--Apollo Nida.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 3

I think flirting can be harmless, and I also think that there is a gulf of difference between what you consider flirting and what I consider flirting.  Phaedra attempted to flirt with Willie Watkins which the whole "luscious legs/prayer cloth" routine, and it was positively cringe worthy, but am I going to paint her with a scarlet A for it?  Nope.

Exactly!  Nearly all of the cast has been flirty (or attempted to be) in some way.  Kenya was never "flirty" with anyone, privately.  She wasn't pushing up on Apollo trying to get him to take her in some dark corner and touch all over him.  She was trying to be funny and provocative, but beyond the very public flirting, what did she do?  She didn't try contacting him.  She responded to a couple of texts he sent her.  She wasn't turning up wherever he was.  She wasn't staring at him.  She didn't sit outside his house.  She didn't send him love letters... there are about a million and one things she DIDN'T do that makes it clear that she had no real interest.  The only thing still being held over her head, IMO, is Apollo and Phaedra's lie..

I find Phaedra's flirting with Mr. Watkins a little sleazy and  manipulative. I don't think she's interested in that man at all but I do think it's creepy if it's the way she does business.  When Kenya was in the video production meeting with the Parks-Nidas, she was straight up professional.  I wish Phaedra was that way with Mr. Watkins.  When she and Apollo were in their video production meeting with the other company, I CRINGED at the language they used and their demonstrations.  I think their business colleagues were a little uncomfortable, too.

• Love 3

Add to that Trumps latest comments about US Ebola caregivers not being admitted back to the US.  I find him the most vile of the vile.  After all the business corporate criminals and climbers he has been exposed to  it is laughable that a former Miss USA on his producer driven reality show would even crack the top fifty percent of the most vile people he has met. I will wait and but maybe its another case of a man lashing out because he wants something he cannot have....See--Apollo Nida.

I can't imagine using him as a barometer of anything credible, especially anybody of African-American descent. The man has shown too many times now how he feels about certain sectors. The hate for this woman is so thick and it does sound like hate, which is crazy to me, is so bad Charles Manson could make a public statement against Kenya Moore and people would use that!

• Love 3

If a woman told me my man was good looking I would be thrilled.  I don't date men that look like trolls.  But I also date men that I can trust, so its not really an issue of who finds them attractive and how often they say it, makes no difference to me.  And some women have a different sense of humor than I do, we had a friend in our old group who used to say the most outlandish shit you ever heard in your life.  But we knew it was his personality, so no one took offense.  If he had normally been prim and proper and then started acting outlandish I might have been offended, but if its just who someone is, its hard for me personally to take offense.  So for someone like Kenya, who twerks everything, who talks about being offered dick on her way to the mailbox and all of that makes a joke about a threesome, its hard to take it personally because thats who she is.  And from what I remember of Anguilla it was Apollo who was putting his hands all over Kenya, throwing her around in the pool and what not.  Furthermore, if I'm in a business arrangement with two people, and I want to get it done, I don't think its crazy to text either of those people.  Nothing in what you said suggests to me that she started texting Apollo to have sex with him, it sounds like she was texting him to handle business.  

I know I surely would not believe the man who is busy putting 8k into strippers g-strings but not into my childs college fund.  Thats not the guy I'm going to bat for.  And I would be shocked if this was the first "situation" Apollo has been in with other women, I'll eat my hat if this is the first time that he has tried to cheat on Phaedra.  In fact, I would buy a hat to eat, and then eat the hat if this is the first time infidelity has come up with Apollo.  So no, I would not automatically believe Apollo.  I don't think that a ring on the finger automatically changes anyone, and I have friends who have dated cheaters, married cheaters and then seem somehow shocked when he keeps on cheating.

Of course Kenya kept those text messages from Apollo, it sounds like his were flirty with her, and she was playing him.  I'm not going to say that Kenya using Apollo as a pawn was right, but that doesn't make her a whore, it makes Apollo a moron for letting himself get played.

Yes, Kenya doesn't owe Phaedra anything, so why in the world would she lie?  And I think Phaedra does owe her an apology because I think Phaedra knew good and well that Kenya never offered Apollo sex, and instead of dropping it, she went all over Atlanta knowingly (IMO) lying about Kenya.  This is why Phaedra was so adamant that Kenya never talk to Apollo without her around, because she knew the minute Kenya got Apollo alone he would admit the truth.  And he did...right on camera.  So Phaedra couldn't go around crying about how Apollo was a victim and Kenya was a whore.  Never, in a million years, would Phaedra have let Apollo tell the truth, so the only way the truth would come to light is if Kenya got Apollo alone.  There was no other reason for Phaedra to be so upset with Kenya talking to Apollo in Mexico.  They weren't going to have sex with 5 guys watching and a camera crew filming, so that couldn't be the reason for Phaedra getting so upset.  But Phaedra would definitely be upset if she didn't want Apollo telling the world the truth...which is that Kenya never offered him sex, but that they both had "physicality" or some such nonsense.

But see, you're not an insecure woman, so you wouldn't be bothered. Insecure women on the hand react like Phaedra. You will never understand them.

• Love 4

Andy asks Apollo, "how do you feel about Kenya now knowing that she and your wife are at odds?". Apollo responds, "well, I dislike Kenya to the fact of the business perspective"

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha this is not quite as good as 'sector of the time scale' (and really, what is?) but reading it made my night.

I understand if any of you dislike me to the fact that I added nothing to the debate.

• Love 7

I can't imagine using him as a barometer of anything credible, especially anybody of African-American descent. The man has shown too many times now how he feels about certain sectors. The hate for this woman is so thick and it does sound like hate, which is crazy to me, is so bad Charles Manson could make a public statement against Kenya Moore and people would use that!

The problem is this is how Kenya affects just about everyone she comes in contact with.  If it was just Trump, no one would give a blank. But she seems to bring a negative vibe with her wherever she turns up.  It might be her insecurities, the need for attention, don't know.  She just does not rub anyone the right way.

The problem is this is how Kenya affects just about everyone she comes in contact with.  If it was just Trump, no one would give a blank. But she seems to bring a negative vibe with her wherever she turns up.  It might be her insecurities, the need for attention, don't know.  She just does not rub anyone the right way.

The only people I've heard of having a problem with her are her castmates on reality shows which are built on drama and disagreement.  Almost all of those same castmates from RH have had problems with each other as far as I remember.  And she had drama with 3 people on a reality show, built around drama, with at least 12 other contestants.  Almost every year its been on some Apprentice castmates clash, because the show is built on drama and people jockeying for camera time.  Even that guy who played the Hulk had issues with other castmates, so did that guy from Penn and Teller, so did Stephen Baldwin, Nene and Lisa Lampenelli.  And thats just a partial list.  And Donald Trump doesn't seem to like anyone who disagrees with him.  The truth is that reality shows are built around drama, and I don't think having "beef" with people in that world is necessarily an accurate barometer of a personality.

So I'm not sure that clashing with 7 other people from the realm of reality TV counts as rubbing everyone she comes in contact with the wrong way.  Especially when one of those people is Donald Trump who seems to hate everyone who disagrees with him.

IMO, the real barometer of a persons personality is how they behave when the cameras are off or when they aren't being watched.  I don't see much evidence that Kenya treats people poorly that aren't associated with reality TV.   In fact, it looked like Kenya is friends with Boris Kodjoe.  She has 31 credits on IMdB, and some of them for movies.  I don't think she would continue to book work if she was such a horrible person, because there are many talented and beautiful black actresses to work with on any project.  I think if she was difficult as a person she would have booked one show, and everyone else would refuse to work with her.  It happens to much bigger stars than Kenya, I mean, look how Megan Fox fell off after behaving poorly.  Michael Bay didn't want her in any of his movies after she dissed him.  Marc Cherry killed off Nicholette Sheridan's character on Desperate Housewives after she talked shit, and she was a major part of that show.  Katherine Heigl became known as being difficult to work with and has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth, and she was everywhere for a while.  So I certainly think, if female stars that are that big can see their careers take a nosedive because they rub people the wrong way, it stands to reason that Kenya Moore wouldn't have been booked for anything if she really rubbed everyone the wrong way in her life outside of reality TV.

Contrast that with Phaedra who treats people poorly and lies outside of the show (see her deposition, where instead of answering questions from an attorney, she decided to doodle and behave rudely).  IMO, thats a more revealing look at who Phaedra is because she behaved that way with someone who was simply asking her questions about a lawsuit she filed.  There was no reason for her to be rude and she still was, she gained nothing from her rudeness, it wasn't part of a calculated move or campaign to make her more of a name brand or to keep her relevant or to play into an image.  If anything, the way she behaved in that deposition went against the public image she has tried to maintain or a classy and intelligent woman, because that deposition painted her as someone stupid enough to argue over whether or not she is a "public figure" and classless enough to sit around doodling like a 5 year old when someone asked her a question in a deposition.

• Love 6

After seeing so many photos of Kenya hanging out and having fun with both Nene and Kandi on different occasions, I concur with RealityGal. Kenya is hired to do a job -- create drama on a fake reality show. If people choose to believe it's all real, that's their choice. I tend to go more on how people are cast for certain roles (knowing personally a couple of people who were just that -- recruited and cast, and told how to behave), I think Kenya is probably a nice enough person in real life. They all are. Except for my one interaction with Nene when she behaved like a holier-than-thou diva.

• Love 3

Actually, Kenya is slamming Nene on twitter and stated that Nene is showing "bad behavior" at the many outings and vacations they both are on. I heard that it is in their contract this season to show up to the events that all the housewives must attend together.  I assume that if it is not a mandatory event, they do not have to show as Phaedra opted out of the Bar Two opening. 

And she had drama with 3 people on a reality show, built around drama, with at least 12 other contestants.  Almost every year its been on some Apprentice castmates clash, because the show is built on drama and people jockeying for camera time.  Even that guy who played the Hulk had issues with other castmates, so did that guy from Penn and Teller, so did Stephen Baldwin, Nene and Lisa Lampenelli. 

I would counter though that all of the people you listed there were horrible, self-involved players who indeed brought unnecessary conflict upon themselves. Stephen Baldwin, Nene Leakes, Lisa Lampanelli (especially Lisa Lampenelli) really exhibited some off-the-wall, egotistical behavior. There is a reason why they clashed with so many of their peers, so I am not really buying them as examples of how anyone can find themselves stumbling into conflict on a reality show (I am not including Penn because, while people did have issues with his condescension, he did not get into the same kind of theatrics that the others did). And for every Nene or Lisa Lampanelli, there was also a Lisa Rinna, an Arsenio Hall, a Trace Adkins, a Brett Michaels, a Marilu Henner, etc, who handled themselves gracefully. In other words, using CA as an example, I think you are always responsible for your behavior regardless of whether its a reality show or not. And if you have a way of consistently attracting heated conflict amongst your cast mates on different shows, I definitely think it says something about you. Nene is also a prime example of this.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 1

I would counter though that all of the people you listed there were horrible, self-involved players who indeed brought unnecessary conflict upon themselves. Stephen Baldwin, Nene Leakes, Lisa Lampanelli (especially Lisa Lampenelli) really exhibited some off-the-wall, egotistical behavior. There is a reason why they clashed with so many of their peers, so I am not really buying them as examples of how anyone can find themselves stumbling into conflict on a reality show (I am not including Penn because, while people did have issues with his condescension, he did not get into the same kind of theatrics that the others did). And for every Nene or Lisa Lampanelli, there was also a Lisa Rinna, an Arsenio Hall, a Trace Adkins, a Brett Michaels, a Marilu Henner, etc, who handled themselves gracefully. In other words, using CA as an example, I think you are always responsible for your behavior regardless of whether its a reality show or not. And if you have a way of consistently attracting heated conflict amongst your cast mates on different shows, I definitely think it says something about you. Nene is also a prime example of this.

The only thing that I would say to that, is that a person knows that if they want camera time their best bet is to engage in conflict.  I think the producers are looking to cast people with an eye as to who will be willing to engage in conflict (bad guys) and who will be the "good guys."  The show IMO, revolves around drama, personality and conflict.  And even Marilu Henner, IIRC got into some drama, I think with that guy that used to be the Hulk.  Arsenio got into it with that girl Audrey from Danity Kane, and Lisa Rinna also had conflict (although I can't remember with who).  So even the "good guys" have conflict in CA, so I think that the producers cast the show for conflict.  And so I wouldn't take "getting into it" with fellow castmates as any great sign of really anything, because I think that's what CA is about.  In fact, Donald Trump himself in the boardroom encourages it.

I think that Kenya mostly plays a character on RHOA, and I think she was cast to play that character on CA.  I think that personality is cast every year on CA, whether they know it or not.  In the case of Lisa Lampenelli, I get the impression she had said something about Donald Trump that he didn't like, and he was on a warpath with her.  She said what she said, but I don't think she realized what a horrible, horrible edit she would get.  I think Stephen Baldwin wanted airtime, and may just naturally have douche like tendencies.  I think Kenya probably knows she was cast on CA to do exactly what she does on RHOA.  And I, personally, am okay with that.  CA would be boring as hell if it was just Bret Michaels playing against Aresenio Hall, and everyone was sitting in a circle holding hands and singing songs.

Edited by RealityGal

The show IMO, revolves around drama, personality and conflict.  And even Marilu Henner, IIRC got into some drama, I think with that guy that used to be the Hulk.  Arsenio got into it with that girl Audrey from Danity Kane, and Lisa Rinna also had conflict (although I can't remember with who).  So even the "good guys" have conflict in CA, so I think that the producers cast the show for conflict.  And so I wouldn't take "getting into it" with fellow castmates as any great sign of really anything, because I think that's what CA is about.  In fact, Donald Trump himself in the boardroom encourages it.

I think that Kenya mostly plays a character on RHOA, and I think she was cast to play that character on CA.  I think that personality is cast every year on CA, whether they know it or not.  In the case of Lisa Lampenelli, I get the impression she had said something about Donald Trump that he didn't like, and he was on a warpath with her.  She said what she said, but I don't think she realized what a horrible, horrible edit she would get.

Mileage obviously varies, but I think there is a world of difference between Marilu Henner getting frustrated with the Hulk or Arsenio reaching his limit with that awful Aubrey (was that her name?) and the kind of ongoing, sustained, "drama for the sake of drama" theatrics shown by people like Nene, Lisa, Dennis or that horribly self-involved Hulk guy (Lou something?). Yes, conflict will happen to everyone at some point, but I think there is a difference between occasionally having friction with coworkers and essentially being a lightning rod for pissing people off wherever you go. When there are multiple episodes of how you're negatively affecting the team, I think it says something. And, in my mind, there is no way tricky editing is responsible for Lisa Lampanelli's portrayal - I remember there was one time, late in the season, where she just went off on some totally harmless, pretty model - they were in a backstage make-up room someplace - and Lisa just tore into her in the most needlessly abusive way. You can't create that with editing. That is all her. Re: Kenya, I neither love her nor hate her. But one thing that does annoy me about her is that she does play the part of the pot-stirrer and then she cries victim when it blows up in her face. It's like she almost seems self-aware, but then she just loses me with her need to act like this innocent woman who is just being unfairly targeted by others. RHoBH Brandi is kind of the same way. Mind you, I hate the vicious way the other women go after Kenya, but she is definitely not an angel in my eyes, and I won't use reality TV demands as an excuse for her behavior. Because on RHoA, there are the the Nene's and the Kenya's - and there are also the Cynthia's and the Kandi's - all of them get into conflict, but some of them are just constant lightning rods for unending, unnecessary drama.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 1

Mileage obviously varies, but I think there is a world of difference between Marilu Henner getting frustrated with the Hulk or Arsenio reaching his limit with that awful Aubrey (was that her name?) and the kind of ongoing, sustained, "drama for the sake of drama" theatrics shown by people like Nene, Lisa, Dennis or that horribly self-involved Hulk guy (Lou something?). Yes, conflict will happen to everyone at some point, but I think there is a difference between occasionally having friction with coworkers and essentially being a lightning rod for pissing people off wherever you go. When there are multiple episodes of how you're negatively affecting the team, I think it says something. And, in my mind, there is no way tricky editing is responsible for Lisa Lampanelli's portrayal - I remember there was one time, late in the season, where she just went off on some totally harmless, pretty model - they were in a backstage make-up room someplace - and Lisa just tore into her in the most needlessly abusive way. You can't create that with editing. That is all her. Re: Kenya, I neither love her nor hate her. But one thing that does annoy me about her is that she does play the part of the pot-stirrer and then she cries victim when it blows up in her face. It's like she almost seems self-aware, but then she just loses me with her need to act like this innocent woman who is just being unfairly targeted by others. RHoBH Brandi is kind of the same way. Mind you, I hate the vicious way the other women go after Kenya, but she is definitely not an angel in my eyes, and I won't use reality TV demands as an excuse for her behavior. Because on RHoA, there are the the Nene's and the Kenya's - and there are also the Cynthia's and the Kandi's - all of them get into conflict, but some of them are just constant lightning rods for unending, unnecessary drama.

As per CA, I would only say that it goes to show that the show is built around conflict.  No matter what corner it comes from, no matter if its rational or not.  And so, it requires a bad guy, and a hero.  In order to have the Arsenio, you need the Aubrey (although, I personally found her insufferable).  I think if you had a cast full of reasonably, relatively happy people the show would flame out because there would be no conflict, which is essential to the show.  As for Kenya, if I took her serious, I would probably get annoyed with her, but I see her as a character.  But I also think that if I had to watch a show that was just Cynthia and Kandi, I would be bored.  Or Mama Joyce would have to be a more featured character, which would then make her the villain, and I find her less interesting than Kenya, and I also think Mama Joyce is probably crazy.  Watching happy, sane, rational people interact is something I can simply watch in every day life.  I want to watch a reality TV show to see drama and conflict and the interpersonal relationships.  The reason I prefer Kenya to Nene, is because 90% of the time, I think whatever Kenya does, she does with a wink and a nod, and an eye to playing an over the top villaness (spelling!).  On the other hand, I think Nene is dead serious when she is being a self congratulating bitch, I think what you see on camera is probably exactly who she is.  So, for that reason, I don't really group Nene and Kenya together.  I think its the reason that Kenya is one of the few villains that I actually like, because I don't think she is serious, and when she is serious, she is often making an intelligent point that is right on the mark.  Even when she is throwing shade, a lot of the times I find it amusing, when Nene throws shade, not only is it generally not particularly funny, it is always just so viciously mean and personal and truly below the belt, like picking on Cynthia's daughter and basically calling out all little girls as sluts.  

As for L. Lampenelli, I think the fact that they only chose to show her in melt down mode towards whomever the model was was telling of her edit.  From what little I could gather from the TH L. Lampenelli gave, she would do a ton of work, and then Dayanra (?) would show up with some off the wall idea at the last minute that would render the work L. Lampenelli did useless, and couldn't be executed.  And the ideas weren't particularly well thought out, even though some of them, in their raw form were good ideas.  But if you come up with all these half baked ideas at the last minute and then keep insisting on them, I could see where someone might think that its a strategy to stay off the chopping block.  Like, if the team loses, you can always just say "well Mr. Trump, my idea was x and everyone just kept shooting it down, so its not my fault we lost."  Which would mean that someone, who maybe didn't do a lot of work escapes the chopping block just by covering all their bases in bringing up wild ideas at the last minute.  If I were someone that was putting my heart and soul into every task, I would probably be a little annoyed by that, although I agree there is no excuse, if I remember some of the ways L. Lampenelli went off, but showing what may have led her to the point of feeling like she just had to blow up might have been a more fair edit.  I'm now always suspicious when one person claims that someone just went off on them "for no reason whatsoever at all."  Because chances are, if you talked to the other person, you would find out that there was generally something that triggered them, unless they are truly mentally disturbed.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1