Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Avocado Crisis

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

I had thought Arpi’s presentation was much too detailed and needed to be simplified and that’s what Mikaela was going to point out,  but she surprised me by going a different, more knowledgeable way

• Love 10

I wish we'd had more scenes of people desperate for avocados. The episode description says LA is "brought to its knees."

Was the scene in the trucker bar inadvertently cut? It felt like it went to commercial very abruptly.

I like that Arpi is sort of a mentor (in an unexpected, extremely unofficial way) to Mikaela, but Arpi is still really annoying. She hasn't learned to cut back on her presentations after this many years in city government? And I wish Mikaela would act a bit more mature. 

I dislike Bobby Moynihan's character intensely.

• Love 3

Beau Bridges is always great to have around and he was really funny here. He's just so folksy! 

Nice seeing more competence from Mayor Bremer and his team, and I especially thought they used Mikaela seeming so underqualified as a plot point really well. She does have experience, just she isn't sure how to use it in this job. 

"It would have been fine if Blink 182 had gotten on the plane." 

"We both know you don't believe that." 

• Love 9

Sad when the funniest thing in the episode is someone farting.

I liked Beau Bridges and all his folksy sayings, and I liked Neil trying to sell the monkfish (or whatever it was) as the "new avocado" and all the horrible ways it went wrong on TV. I also got a kick out of the desperate grocery shoppers fighting over the last two avocados. I think they pretty much nailed SoCal pretension with that one.

• Love 10

This was a real step up compared to the early episodes.  It's nice to see the mayor show some common sense and problem solving, and the new concept for Mikaela.  If they keep this up and elevate Jayden a bit from his punchline status this could be a good direction.

Ted Danson's dead pan attempt to sell eel as the new avocado was pretty funny.

I thought Arpi was going to end up having the surprise drought solution.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I also got a kick out of the desperate grocery shoppers fighting over the last two avocados.

It reminded me of the toilet paper shortage we had last year, I'm sure that happened in a few stores, lol.

Ted Danson's eel avocado was funny and true, just market whatever as the "newest trend" and people will fall for it.

This was a better episode, daughter didn't annoy me but still can't stand most of the characters.

• Love 1

I really liked that they allowed the mayor to show intelligence rather than only ineptness.  I also liked the the chief of staff showed her intelligence to the insufferable Arpi.  I cringe every time that character is shown (Arpi).  Much better episode (IMO).

• Love 3
On 2/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, dubbel zout said:

I dislike Bobby Moynihan's character intensely.

They make him far too stupid. Just like they did with the communications guy in Spin City. They need to rein it in.

• Love 1