Type keyword(s) to search

KTTY Bayside: SBTB In The Media

• Start Topic

I wonder if we'll see Mr. Belding at all. Screech is still unlikely, even more so now that Dustin Diamond has been diagnosed with cancer. I also wouldn't mind seeing Tori (whom Zack previously referenced). It would be funny to see her meet Kelly and Jessie for the first time.

It's sad to see a Saved by the Bell star die this young. It makes me wonder how they'll handle Screech in Season 2 of this show. Either he'll just never be mentioned, or the character would be killed off.

They were playing another marathon of the original series on E! last weekend for three days in memory of him (they had just done the last marathon in December)

• Love 1

It is sad when someone dies so young. And it seemed to happen really fast after the news came out.

I read where Dustin had kinda redeemed himself in recent years. Apparently he regretted a lot of the things that he had said and done over the years such as the sex tape and the tell all book etc. 

On 2/10/2021 at 6:03 AM, Lili said:

It's sad to see a Saved by the Bell star die this young. It makes me wonder how they'll handle Screech in Season 2 of this show. Either he'll just never be mentioned, or the character would be killed off.

My guess is that they will kill off the character. Maybe they can do some kind of tribute to the character in season 2. 

(edited)

Are the kids in their last year of high school?  Is there another season coming?  I looked this up on Wikipedia, I guess it's too early to say.

In January 2021, the series was renewed for a 10-episode second season which was released on November 24, 2021.[2][3]

Would the renewal already have happened this past January?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

How did it perform ratings wise does anyone know?

I agree that one more season of final year wouldn’t have hurt anyone. It was really good and full of nostalgia. 

• Love 3

Very sad to see it go. I had some issues with the show and yes the nostalgia was a big draw - I was a fan of the original series as a pre-teen - but it was still pretty fun.

At twenty episodes this show just pips The College Years (19 episodes) and more comfortably Good Morning Miss Bliss (13 episodes) but falls far short of the original series (86 episodes plus two TV movies) and The New Class (143 (!) episodes.)

I'm bummed. I've only subscribed to Peacock specifically for this show. I wish they'd given it one more season to finish off high school and tie up everyone's story. I was starting to ship Mac and Daisy too! Come on Peacock! At least give us a movie for closure!

• Love 7