Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Slaughter

• Start Topic

Ian and Mickey's security gig comes into question; Frank and Kev try to take down the Milkoviches; V canvasses to get Black people to the polls; Debbie takes Franny to meet her favorite wrestler; Carl and Leesie's policing approaches comes to a head.

Promo:

Clip:

Original air date: 1/31/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

If only Liam's bullet had been magical enough to take out the rest of the Milkoviches instead of just Terry.

I did laugh when one of the stick up guys ended up being Mickey's cousin. And of course he was dumb enough to deny it even though he has a tattoo OF HIS OWN NAME visible during the robbery. Not a lot of brains in this gene pool.

Part of me was surprised that Lip had no problem living in a murder house, but I suppose he's practical if nothing else. I wish I had been wrong about the owner of their rental house selling it.

I was really annoyed with Debbie. Okay, fine, maybe it's weird that her girlfriend never mentioned she had a car (when that news came out, I assumed the secret was that she had been living in her car), but did Debbie ever consider that all these things she didn't know about were because she never asked? Has she ever shown any interest in the details of her girlfriend's life? Because it seems like Debbie's life revolves around herself and sort of Franny. If you've been dating for months and you still have no idea what the other person does for money, maybe instead of stalking her with a tracker you could consider the fact that you've never had a conversation about stuff like that because you're too busy having sex when you're together.

And although lying to get what you want is nothing new for the Gallaghers, I was annoyed when Debbie lied about Franny having cancer to cut to the front of the line because at that point there were only two people in front of her. She seriously couldn't have waited five minutes?

• Love 7

The openers where the characters berate the viewers for not remembering what happened in the previous episode don't make sense anymore since the show has only been airing one episode per month recently. I *do* need a recap because last episode was so long ago, thank you very much.

Ian doesn't want him and Mickey to carry real guns because he's worried about their parole, so he has them steal an ambulance instead? I have a feeling he's about to have another manic episode.

The Slaughter house story doesn't make sense. If the Southside is such a hot real estate market, a developer (like that one guy with whom Fiona did business) would have bought the property for the land value, torn it down, built a brand-new house, and made a six-figure profit. Or one of the many cash-strapped young families like Lip and Tami would have gotten to it long ago. When you're poor and need a place to live, you can't be too picky.

Lip will now face charges for assault and vandalism in addition to being unemployed and homeless. *And* he tried to get his sponsor and best friend to fall off the wagon with him. I've always said that Lip's biggest problem isn't that he grew up poor with bad parents, it's his own self-destructive/self-sabotaging tendencies.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Lip will now face charges for assault and vandalism in addition to being unemployed and homeless.

I see my decision to stop watching the show was the right call. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did the bullet kill Terry or just paralyze him? I guess we'll find out.

I don't believe that house would've sat on the market either. And I wouldn't buy it no matter how cheap it is because I bet it's a real magnet for lookie-loos and vandals. 

I went back and watched some earlier season episodes where Mickey's brothers were featured, and none of these new Milkovich characters are played by the same actors. 

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Did the bullet kill Terry or just paralyze him? I guess we'll find out.

I would hope he's dead. I don't see any of the Milkoviches taking care of a paralyzed Terry. 

I'm actually liking Carl as a cop who is trying to help the neighborhood. For a second I thought the show was going to go dark and have that shoplifter kid kill Carl's partner since the store employee said he had a gun.

• Love 2

This show has gotten so weird. It has individual subplots, moments, and scenes that I like and that work alright, but its overall plot lines are just nonsense, and not in a fun way either. It also seems like they just keep repeating plotlines, and its annoying. I really don't want to watch Lip fall apart again and give into his self destructive tendencies, its been done about a million times by now, and its especially frustrating when he has actually shown some real growth. 

I did find Mickey and Ian being robbed by one of Mickeys cousins to be pretty funny, as was him trying to deny who he was while his name is literally tattooed on his hand. The gene pool in clan Milkoviche never ceases to amaze. I think that Terry might end up getting paralyzed, for Terry that might be even worse than dying. 

You would think that, if property in the neighborhood is so hot, the owners would have torn down the house and rebuilt it so that it seems less creepy. But this show has long ago abandoned silly things like logic or making sense. 

Debbie was being so obnoxious, basically stalking Sandy and accusing her of stuff with no real proof instead of just talking to her, and while its pretty on brand for her to lie about things to get what she wants, she had to make up a cancer story to move up two people in line so she can drag her daughter to a strip club to stalk her girlfriend?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

This show should’ve just ended when Emmy Rossum decided to leave cause none of this shit is entertaining and I don’t see the point. 

They should be wrapping up the series but we get these other dumb SLs like the milkoviches moving next door and most of the crap with Lip. Is he actually drinking and trying to get his friend to drink. The same friend who’s kid is like dying or maybe the writers forgot about that a couple episodes. I thought Lip offering a beer was a joke and it was going to be 0% or something. Lip just doesn’t care about his kid? Or anything anymore. I guess he is an alcoholic but seems pretty fucked to take his friend down with him like that.

• Love 8
On 1/31/2021 at 3:11 PM, chocolatine said:

The openers where the characters berate the viewers for not remembering what happened in the previous episode don't make sense anymore since the show has only been airing one episode per month recently. I *do* need a recap because last episode was so long ago, thank you very much.

The Slaughter house story doesn't make sense. If the Southside is such a hot real estate market, a developer (like that one guy with whom Fiona did business) would have bought the property for the land value, torn it down, built a brand-new house, and made a six-figure profit. Or one of the many cash-strapped young families like Lip and Tami would have gotten to it long ago. When you're poor and need a place to live, you can't be too picky.

I thought exactly the same thing, especially when Ian said, "You don't remember what happened last week?".  I thought to myself, 'It was a lot longer ago than last week...'

The Slaughter house plot line annoyed me so much that I actually looked up whether whether listing brokers in Illinois are obligated to disclose the history of stigmatized properties, including ghosts, violent crimes or death.  Short version is they aren't, but if directly asked, they have to tell the truth.  I'm not going to bother watching again, but I think the realtor obfuscated, if not outright lied about it when Tami was asking questions.

I assume that we all knew that the donut box was going to have a turd in it.  Frank should have put it in front of the Milkovich's front door, set it on fire, knocked, and ran. That would have completed that cliche'.     

• Love 2

In the course of one episode Carl gives a gun that may or may not be licensed to a minor which may be involved in a manslaughter.

I guess the whole Gallagher thing finally caught up to him. I suppose just like Lip, no one in the family is allowed to have any level of success before the enevitable plung down the hill.

Edited by juno
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, juno said:

In the course of one episode Carl gives a gun that may or may not be licensed to a minor which may be involved in a manslaughter. His partner gets shot and he catches the criminal and not only does he let him go but seems to bond with him.

So Carl goes from a gung ho cop to being a dirty cop that completely screws over his partner and is involved in a possible manslaughter.

I guess the whole Gallagher thing finally caught up to him. I suppose just like Lip, no one in the family is allowed to have any level of success before the enevitable plung down the hill.

I thought Carl’s partner fell on her machete? Unless I missed something she didn’t get shot. Carl is trying to help his neighbourhood and not be an aggressive douche like his partner. I don’t think he’s a dirty cop just trying to do things different.

The gun with Liam was dumb tho.

32 minutes ago, Marley said:

I thought Carl’s partner fell on her machete? Unless I missed something she didn’t get shot. Carl is trying to help his neighbourhood and not be an aggressive douche like his partner. I don’t think he’s a dirty cop just trying to do things different.

You are right. I was incorrect. Thanks.

This season is so boring. I understand they are limited on what they can do because the pandemic but even Frank's storyline is boring this season and he's usually off doing something crazy. I really hope Debbie's girlfriend Sandy is gone for good all she does is sit around the house and does absolutely nothing and brings nothing to the show. I'm thinking the whole strip club thing and the husband dilemma is a way to finally get rid of her. Lip and Tami's haunted house situation is bizarre and random. I do like how Tami isn't so snotty as she used to be she's kind of grown on me. I wanted to backhand Lip though at the end of the episode offering Brad alcohol when he knows Brad has been sober two years pissed me right off. Lip had the audacity to flip out on Fiona when she did the same thing "UNKOWINGLY" to his AA guy he was truying to help isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! Also random how Mickey's dad moved next door but this season is really trying to stretch it because they're running out of ideas. I'n assuming he's dead from the stray bullet. I do like how Carl has matured but the cop girl he's been driving around with is super annoying and so was the last guy before. I'd rather Carl be patrolling the city on his own. Not much that can be done to revive the season though it's run it's course and even bring Emmy back won't do anything. I'm only watching it because I've been a shameless girl since day one and I will finish this series to the bitter end!