Type keyword(s) to search

Media And Beyond: News for The Book Of Boba Fett

• Start Topic

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT, A NEW SERIES, COMING DECEMBER 2021 ON DISNEY+
LUCASFILM   DECEMBER 21, 2020
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett 

Boba Fett is back. And his story is just beginning.

As teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the season finale of The Mandalorian, the legendary bounty hunter’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett. Jon Favreau, executive producer of The Mandalorian, confirmed today on Good Morning America that the new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.

The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez — who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian, a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy — joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Some talk about The Book of Boba Fett in this interview...

TEMUERA MORRISON'S FIVE FAVORITE FILMS
by Joel Meares | June 10, 2021
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/temuera-morrisons-five-favorite-films/ 

In a season of TV packed with cameos, callbacks, and Easter Eggs designed to tap directly into the pleasure centers of hardcore and casual Star Wars fans alike, perhaps none of The Mandalorian‘s second season’s big moments tapped quite so successfully – and elicited quite as universal an elated response from audiences – as the return of Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett. It wasn’t just that Morrison, the seasoned New Zealand actor who first played intergalactic bounty hunter Fett in 2005’s Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, was back, but the way he returned. In an episode directed by Robert Rodriguez, Fett re-entered the frame in a set of sequences that felt completely fresh in the Star Wars universe, mixing familiar laser shooting with hand-to-hand combat moves and brutal take-downs that felt more John Wick than New Hope. When it was revealed that Fett would get his own spin-off, The Book of Boba Fett, which comes to Disney+ in late 2021, fans lost their s–t.
Ahead of the movie’s release in theaters and on streaming, Morrison sat down with Rotten Tomatoes to share his six favorite films – not a sci-fi adventure in sight – and talk about why he came back for Occupation: Rainfall and the pressure he’s feeling to live up to fan expectations for Boba Fett’s big spin-off series.
Rotten Tomatoes: Speaking of action, I do have to ask about Boba Fett.
Morrison:
My lips are sealed. I can’t say too much about that!

Rotten Tomatoes: Well, I will avoid The Book of Boba Fett. But for The Mandalorian, which everyone has seen, what was it like to return to that character and do that hand-to-hand combat and do things that we hadn’t really seen in a Star Wars movie before?
Morrison
: I think that was a blessing for me in a way, in terms of Boba Fett’s history. No one’s actually seen him do anything besides stand there. And of course, his claim to fame was catching the man, I guess. But other than that, he was a pretty elusive bloke. So this was an opportunity again, to work with Robert Rodriguez, who gave it a little bit of an edge. And I think Robert’s ability was to sort of make a good point of making this guy explode. After it, Jon Favreau come up to me and just said, “Congratulations, the fans loved it.”

Rotten Tomatoes: Will we see more of that Boba Fett, the hand-to-hand fighting Boba Fett, in the new series?
Morrison:
Well, we can’t say too much, but we’re going to see his past and where he’s been since The Empire Strikes Back. Somebody pointed out he’s been kind of stuck in this one place, and now’s the time to actually go back in time and check out his journey and find out more about him.

But yeah, that was the advantage for me, was that we hadn’t seen him do much. And along with Robert Rodriguez as director, we were able to sort of introduce him in a dynamic way, bring him back in a dynamic way alongside the Mandalorian. It was just an honor to be asked back.

Hey, it could have gone anywhere. It’s a new time, and I think they’re looking for fresh faces. And of course, again, it was either Dave Filoni or Jon Favreau probably meeting, and then had a few discussions. I was just kind of quietly thrilled when I did do the meeting. I saw a couple of concept photos on the wall and there was a guy that looked very, very similar to me. And I kept saying, “Is that me? Yeah, it must be me. Yeah, it is me!”

And then of course, after having a good meeting with these guys and they outlined a few things, it was just wonderful. Again, it was nice to work with these people, and it was just a great opportunity. They brought Robert back in to direct a few more. There’s some wonderful directors involved. It’s hard work now, what we do now, a whole new system, with COVID in place, health and safety regulations.

I just hope I meet the expectations, because you can somehow kind of feel those things. You asked me that question earlier about Occupation – could you feel or sense anything, but definitely on The Book of Boba, you can get more of a sense and a feeling for if it’s working or not.

So I think with being involved with that last series of The Mandalorian and having a reentry, it has created a little bit more expectation. But yeah, I feel good. We’ve done some good work.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was that Twi'lek a Six? 😂 is Tricia Helfer in Boba Fett or did it just look Like her?

I thought she looked familiar! She isn't listed on IMDB, but who knows?

After one watch, the trailer doesn't do much for me. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I never loved the Mandos like some people? I prefer the space battles and magic sides of SW.

58 minutes ago, Anduin said:

After one watch, the trailer doesn't do much for me. 

I thought it was a bit underwhelming, I think because we don't really learn anything new. We already knew that Boba was taking over Jabba's business. I think most of the scenes are from the first episode, so I'm not going to judge it too harshly.

Edited by pezgirl7

The Book Of Boba Fett Explores The ‘Power Vacuum’ Left By Jabba The Hutt, Says Jon Favreau – Exclusive Images
By Ben Travis    November 22, 2021
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/book-of-boba-fett-power-vacuum-jabba-the-hutt-jon-favreau-exclusive/ 

... As we saw in the post-credits sting of The Mandalorian Season 2, none other than Bib Fortuna had ascended to that throne – before being swiftly dispatched by Boba Fett, with the help of Fennec Shand. Now, in The Book Of Boba Fett, a new era of galactic crime is about to begin.

Picking up where that teaser left off, the series – from The Mandalorian creators Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, and director Robert Rodriguez – will depict the bounty hunter’s foray into crime-boss territory. “There is a power vacuum,” explains Favreau, “because Jabba is gone. Jabba was clearly a very strong and imposing leader, who people were very scared of, and who seemed to rule with an iron fist. You pull somebody like that out of the ecosystem of Tatooine – and Hutt Space in general – and you have the opportunity that’s ripe in the gangster genre.”
Since the dearly departed Fortuna was no Jabba, Boba Fett isn’t exactly inheriting the tightest ship (or, sail barge) – and will have his work cut out trying to carve out some kind of honour among thieves. “Although Boba Fett is a very experienced bounty hunter, he’s not experienced at running a criminal syndicate or managing forces,” Favreau says. “He’s not normally a newcomer. He’s an expert as we see him in most areas. But in this case, he’s trying to transition to another position.” And since the trailer depicts Fett crunching skulls (shortly after declaring his intention to “rule with respect”), we can expect his actions to do a lot of the talking.
“We’ll see a lot more of his true character in this season,” promises Rodriguez, seen swinging some heavy weaponry above in a behind-the-scenes snap. “And you’ll definitely see him have to turn ‘barbarian mode’.” Boba is well and truly back.

book-of-boba-fett-excl-1.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Boba Fett, Intergalactic Man of Mystery
By Dave Itzkoff    Dec. 24, 2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/24/arts/television/star-wars-boba-fett-disney.html 

Boba Fett owes his origins to a certain amount of accident and happenstance. After the runaway success of “Star Wars” in 1977, its writer and director, George Lucas, began preparing for a sequel. Among the characters he envisioned was a new, enhanced class of the Stormtroopers employed by the nefarious Empire.

Joe Johnston, the future filmmaker who was an art director on “The Empire Strikes Back,” worked with the concept artist Ralph McQuarrie to design the costumes for these super-troopers, creating a suit of armor and a helmet with a narrow eye visor.

Johnston, who later directed films like “Jumanji” and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” said that Lucas scaled back his plans over budgetary concerns. “George said we couldn’t afford an army of super-troopers, but we’ve got this new suit,” Johnston recalled. “He said, ‘Let’s make him a bounty hunter.’ OK, sounds cool.”
At Lucas’s direction, Johnston fine-tuned the new character, taking inspiration from the nameless stranger played by Clint Eastwood in Sergio Leone’s spaghetti westerns. The bounty hunter’s armor was given weathered colors and dents suggesting his past conflicts. (He was also, briefly, given a serape until it was determined that it got in the way of his weapons.) Boba Fett was born.
“He was neither a hero nor a villain,” Johnston said. “You could hire Boba Fett to do whatever job you wanted him to do.”

According to Pete Vilmur, the head of fan relations at Lucasfilm, Boba Fett made his public debut in September 1978 at a county parade in San Anselmo, Calif., where he was overshadowed by Darth Vader.

Fett also appeared as an animated character later that fall in the notorious “Star Wars Holiday Special,” a poorly received TV program that was never rebroadcast. A promotional offer aimed at collectors of “Star Wars” toys allowed them to send away for a Boba Fett action figure before he appeared in the movies. Nothing about the character’s life or history was revealed.
Fett was seen, sparingly, in “The Empire Strikes Back,” including a scene where he stands among a group of bounty hunters that Vader has assembled to hunt down the roguish Han Solo. Vader singles out Fett for a brief instruction: “No disintegrations.” (“As you wish,” Fett mutters in reply.)
Jonathan Kasdan, a son of the “Empire Strikes Back” screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, said that Boba Fett commands an enduring fascination by combining familiar visual and narrative elements into a single character.

“He fuses all these genres — the crime movie, the western, the samurai, the medieval legend — into one iconic image,” said Kasdan, who wrote the spinoff movie “Solo: A Star Wars Story” with his father.
But the popularity of Boba Fett among “Star Wars” creators has meant that not everyone who wants him can have a piece of him. Kasdan said that while he might have liked to feature the character in “Solo,” he was told by Lucasfilm that “Boba was always off limits because he was in development elsewhere.”

The studio’s initial efforts to create a Boba Fett movie did not come to fruition. But as Favreau and his collaborators began devising “The Mandalorian,” which premiered in 2019, they found themselves irresistibly drawn to a bounty-hunter protagonist who lived by a personal code and wore armor similar to Boba Fett’s.

As Favreau explained: “We tried to reconnect with the roots of what inspired George. A Mandalorian character lends itself to simple storytelling, in the spirit of the westerns that were so popular on television in the generation of my father.”
The narrative push to provide Boba Fett with an established identity and a back story that explains his motives has not delighted every “Star Wars” fan.

“I never would have shown his face,” Johnston said. “I would never have had an actor underneath where he takes the helmet off and you see who it is. I think that eliminates a lot of the mystery. Before that helmet comes off, he can be anybody.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

https://gizmodo.com/how-the-book-of-boba-fett-evolved-star-wars-view-of-the-1848361263

The Book of Boba Fett’s second episode, “The Tribes of Tatooine,” not only shows a new side to the iconic character, but allows for a fresh perspective on the Tusken Raiders. The nomadic people of Tatooine have always been heavily influenced by Indigenous cultures, but the latest Star Wars series is taking them beyond the stereotype and providing genuine representation.

• Love 1

The audience figures of Book of Boba Fett are not matching Mandalorian.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022/01/the-book-of-boba-fett-scores-less-audience-demand-than-the-mandalorian-in-first-two-weeks.html

I picked that site for the info because they are free from the nasty bias you see a lot on Star Wars social media.  It will be interesting to see how Mandalorian season 3 will do sans Grogu.  IMO they shot themselves in the foot writing the little green money maker out of the show.

• Love 2

I seriously doubt that Grogu won't be in Season 3 of The Mandalorian. 

Despite the character's popularity, I found The Book of Boba Fett to be a curious idea for a project when it was announced and still do.  I'm not surprised for a few reasons that it's not for a few reasons that it's not as popular as The Mandalorian and not just because of the lack of Grogu.

• Love 4

Episode 7 (finale) premieres on Feb. 9...

What’s Coming To Disney+ In February 2022 (US)
Jan 18, 2022
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-coming-to-disney-in-february-2022-us/

Wednesday 2nd February 2022

Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett – Episode 6
The Book of Boba Fett, a thrilling Star Wars adventure, finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.
Wednesday 9th February 2022

Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett – Episode 7 – Finale
No episode details have yet been revealed.

Edited by tv echo

The Book of Boba Fett episode 5 recap: Best diversion ever
Sean Keane    Jan. 26, 2022 
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett-episode-5-recap-best-diversion-ever/ 

The bag with Mando's present for Grogu is folded to look like the little guy's adorable wee head, squee. Since Mando requested that the Beskar staff be forged into armor, maybe it's a teeny tiny Baby Yoda-shaped Mandalorian helmet (even though the bag is the wrong shape for that)?
Excuse me while I learn how to fold cloth like a little Grogu head.

In Chapter 5, ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ Mimics ‘The Mandalorian’
By Ben Lindbergh  Jan 26, 2022
https://www.theringer.com/star-wars/2022/1/26/22903059/the-book-of-boba-fett-chapter-5-breakdown-return-of-the-mandalorian 

.... For a moment, I fantasized that the spear might be big enough to produce a set of armor for Grogu, and the thought of Din and Baby Y wearing matching sets of beskar almost made me black out. Sadly, the Armorer molds the beskar into a handful of curious rings that Din puts in a pouch (which is shaped like Grogu’s head). Could they be chainmail links? Lightsaber parts? Krrsantan-style knuckle dusters? Little shiny baubles to replace the Razor Crest’s control knob, which the kid can use to practice telekinesis? This mystery fascinates me more than almost anything that’s happened previously on The Book of Boba Fett.

what-did-mando-make-for-grogu-1643317019

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

If you haven't yet watched the first six episodes that have aired so far, then this promo will include spoilers for you...

The Book of Boba Fett Promo "Stranger"
SpoilerTV   Feb 5, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1