Type keyword(s) to search

Media And Beyond: News for The Book Of Boba Fett

• Start Topic

If you missed it, here's a summary of Episode 7's mid-credits scene (don't read if you don't want to know)...

The Book of Boba Fett finale recap: Episode 7's ending, post-credits scene explained
Sean Keane    Feb 7, 2022
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett-episode-7-recap-ending-post-credits-scene-explained/

Recap of entire episode:
‘The Book of Boba Fett’ Episode 7 Recap: In the Name of Honor
Drew Taylor | February 9, 2022 
https://www.thewrap.com/book-of-boba-fett-episode-7-recap-review/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Polygon reconsiders the show as a farce, where Boba Fett is the villain.

And the “Boba Fett is the villain” reading clears up the confusing tone of the series, which draws heavily from classic Westerns and pulp crime stories, while throwing in melodrama, fantasy, and comedy borrowed from The Mandalorian. In the end, season 1 of the show isn’t any of these things — it’s a farce, and a pretty subversive one. The villain wins, even though he isn’t prepared for the wars he starts, and he’s fighting them for the wrong reasons. He gets his revenge on the drug-pushing criminal bureaucrats who killed his Tusken family, even though it’s an afterthought and he doesn’t do it himself. He takes the throne he was after, even though he doesn’t know why he wanted it in the first place, and doesn’t enjoy it once he has it. 

Of course, the one person who can’t acknowledge that he’s the villain is Boba Fett himself. He clearly thinks he’s some kind of hero, given his out-of-nowhere claims that he’s fighting on behalf of Mos Espa’s people — people who didn’t invite him to their town, don’t want him there, and are suffering because of him. 

To me, this is actually somewhat convincing but I think even this take on it reveals some baffling decisions that would undermine this reading of the material.

Quotes of the Week: Power Book IV, Billions, Lone Star, Big Brother and More
By Team TVLine / February 13 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/911-lone-star-rob-lowe-west-wing-reference-best-tv-quotes/the-book-of-boba-fett-2/ 

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT
“‘Grogu’…? Whoa, that’s a terrible name. No way am I calling you that.”

Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) is aghast to learn Bright Eyes’ actual name

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, arc said:

Polygon reconsiders the show as a farce, where Boba Fett is the villain.

To me, this is actually somewhat convincing but I think even this take on it reveals some baffling decisions that would undermine this reading of the material.

I never had much trouble figuring out Boba's motivations.  The last job he did ended with him getting digested, robbed of his armor and enslaved.  Even better, this didn't happen because of some evil betrayal.  It happened because Jabba the Hutt was a sadistic asshole and that finally came around to bite him and everyone around him in the ass. 

Boba Fett wants to be the boss because his last boss got him digested, robbed and enslaved.

Also, while it might not have been specifically articulated, Boba Fett doesn't want to be a "crime lord."  He just wants to be a lord in the feudal sense.  He took over the local "castle" and now he rules its town.  Like that.  Of course, as the new lord, Boba is willing to uphold his obligations to protect the city and see to its welfare.

He doesn't need to personally kill the Pyke leaders.  Fennac Shand is a master assassin.  She's got this.  Boba would rather protect the town/tribe than personally avenge his former tribe.

• Love 7

The reason "The Book Of Boba Fett" was made

star-wars-black-series-black-krrsantan.j

Black Krrsantan,  a Chewbacca repaint pre-order $27.99, on February 15th at 10am PST / 1pm EST for release in February 2023

black-series-cad-bane-figure-2.jpg?auto=

Gunslinging villain Cad Bane pre-ordered $22.99 with a release date set for March 2022.

N-1 Starfighter Lego set (serial number 75325) 412 pieces for $59.99, available March 1. Mini-figures include the Mandalorian,  Peli Motto, Grogu and a BD Droid.

The-Mandalorians-N-1-Starfighter-Publici

Edited by AnimeMania
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The reason "The Book Of Boba Fett" was made

star-wars-black-series-black-krrsantan.j

Black Krrsantan,  a Chewbacca repaint pre-order $27.99, on February 15th at 10am PST / 1pm EST for release in February 2023

black-series-cad-bane-figure-2.jpg?auto=

Gunslinging villain Cad Bane pre-ordered $22.99 with a release date set for March 2022.

N-1 Starfighter Lego set (serial number 75325) 412 pieces for $59.99, available March 1. Mini-figures include the Mandalorian,  Peli Motto, Grogu and a BD Droid.

I'm guessing the Mod Vespa teens are the next round of merch. As soon as I saw them I thought, "Of course the vespas are in different colors. That way they can sell more toys and people can collect the whole set." Do you think the Mod figures be sold seperately or will be a set with a figure and a Vespa? 

• LOL 2

From Sunday (April 10)...

Ming-Na Wen Panel at Fan Expo Philadelphia 2022
FandomWire News   Apr 11, 2022

-- Child Fan: "What's your favorite scene in The Book of Boba Fett and how do you feel being so much cooler than Boba Fett?" (Big audience reaction)
MNW: "You know what, Madison? Just because you're a girl and you have this role model that I helped to create in Fennec Shand, I want to come give you a hug, because you - it impacted you so positively. ... But you know what? Yeah, she is pretty cool. (Gives fan a hug) ... Um, my favorite scene in shooting Fennec was - there's so many - but, you know, um - Speaking of Boba Fett, I love Temuera Morrison. Who doesn't love Temuera Morrison? C'mon! He is the bomb. He is so incredible. Um, I just adore him. ... When we're off set, he's actually [unintelligible word], I have to say. He is such an extrovert and just so sweet and so kind. Um, but my favorite scene - whoo! There's so many. It's so hard to say. ... I hate saying my favorite because then I'll change my mind. (Mod suggested that she just pick a scene that she "liked a lot") ... I loved the scene, um, where we had to, like, parkour through the roof and stuff, because I didn't have to do any of that. (Laughs) Sorry to break the illusion."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The Book of Boba Fett BTS Documentary Releases May 4th

The May 4th episode of The Disney Gallery will be a behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Book of Boba Fett. They may even reveal why they decided to make it into a half of a season of The Mandalorian.

As they used to refer to the Boba Fett show as "Mandalorian 2.5" in the production notes the heavy Mando presence was planned and always in the cards.

(edited)

Next On Disney+ | May 2022
Disney Plus    May 1, 2022

May 4 - Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

Edited by tv echo

The Gallery special for The Book of Boba Fett is awesome. I came away from watching it with a new appreciation for RR. And just amazement at all the creativity and talent involved throughout. How they did the Rancor was darn impressive.

Seeing Mark Hamill working on episode 6 and interacting with Grogu was so wonderful. When he looks lovingly at the puppet and goes "look at you the break-out star" and everybody is smiling......And my the puppet and the guys working with the puppet - even Grogu doing flips over the water was done mostly practical - those puppeteers are something else. And Rosario Dawson not knowing until she got on set she was going to act with Mark Hamill.

And then Jon Favreau called Grogu a "loving spirit" and my allergies acted up.

• Love 3
(edited)

In the first picture, are those really Mark Hamill's legs?  I'm much younger than him, and I can't still do that... 

ETA:  Now that I've watched it, I think this is also confirmation that Pedro was not on set.  I think they would have at least shown him if he was.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

From the schedule for this year's Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA...

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/en-us/panels/panel-information.html?gtID=766300&panel-name=Behind-the-Scenes-of-The-Mandalorian-and-amp-The-Book-of-Boba-Fett

BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE MANDALORIAN & THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

SAT, MAY 28, 2022
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

Return to the sands of Tatooine as members of the visual effects, creature effects, and sound teams pull back the curtain on their work for The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett to meet the creative challenges put forth by showrunners Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Robert Rodriguez. The team will share how practical puppets, advanced animatronics, CG animation, and cutting edge sound combine to bring the creatures to life. The filmmakers will also illustrate how miniatures continue to play a role in visual effects, and explain the latest advancements in virtual production from the ILM StageCraft team that helped pioneer the technology.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

No official word on another season of Boba Fett...

Temuera Morrison Shares Life on Set of Boba Fett
Variety   May 28, 2022

Temuera Morrison joins us at SWCA 2022 | Star Wars Celebration LIVE!
Star Wars   May 29, 2022

Edited by tv echo

Star Wars TV Status Report: The Latest on Lando, Mando, Ahsoka and 5 Others
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 5 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/every-star-wars-tv-series-release-date-casting-news/ 

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (Season 2)
WHAT IT’S ABOUT: In Season 1, which debuted Dec. 29, 2021, the legendary, eponymous bounty hunter (played by Temuera Morrison) and mercenary Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) navigated the galaxy’s underworld when they returned to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.

WHEN IS IT SET: Save for flashbacks/”memories” set shortly after Fett’s seeming demise in Return of the Jedi, most of the action took place during the same timeline as The Mandalorian.

COULD THERE BE A SEASON 2?: There were zero indicators at Star Wars Celebration 2022, but…. “There’s no official word just yet,” series lead Morrison told our sister site Variety after the show’s panel Q&A. “They filmed it like it could just be a nice book and we’ve read the book.”

Mark Hamill, Rosario Dawson & More Highlighted for Book of Boba Fett Awards Campaign
By Richard Nebens   June 6, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mark-hamill-rosario-dawson-book-of-boba-fett-awards-campaign 

Disney officially started the awards campaign for The Book of Boba Fett ahead of the 2022 Emmy Awards. The studio submitted dozens of names in 26 different categories, which included producers, directors, writers, actors, and almost every behind-the-scenes crew member involved with the show.

Show creators Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni led the pack alongside directors Robert Rodriguez and Bryce Dallas Howard. Co-stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen are also considered for best lead actor and actress, respectively.

Additionally, Mark Hamill and Rosario Dawson found themselves in consideration in the guest actor category for their respective roles as Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano.

The full list of nominees can be seen below:

• Useful 1
(edited)

The Book of Boba Fett got 4 Emmy nominations...

Emmys 2022: The Complete Nominations List
By Jordan Moreau, Michael Schneider   July 12, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/awards/emmys-nominations-list-2022-1235313788/ 

Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes

The Book Of Boba Fett • Chapter 1: Stranger In A Strange Land • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. Shawna Trpcic, Costume Designer Julie Robar, Costume Supervisor Areayl Cooper, Assistant Costume Designer

Loki • Glorious Purpose • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Christine Wada, Costume Designer Nora Pederson, Costume Supervisor Tamsin Costello, Assistant Costume Designer Carol Beadle, Assistant Costume Designer

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Meghan Kasperlik, Costume Designer Martin Mandeville, Costume Supervisor Richard Davies, Assistant Costume Designer Wilberth Gonzalez, Assistant Costume Designer

Star Trek: Picard • Penance • Paramount+ • CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment Christine Bieselin Clark, Costume Designer Michell Ray Kenney, Costume Supervisor Allison Agler, Assistant Costume Designer

What We Do In The Shadows • The Wellness Center • FX • FX Productions Laura Montgomery, Costume Designer Judy Laukkanen, Costume Supervisor Barbara Cardoso, Assistant Costume Designer

The Witcher • Family • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series Lucinda Wright, Costume Designer Rebecca Jempson, Assistant Costume Designer
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)

Better Call Saul • Carrot And Stick • AMC • High Bridge, Crystal Diner, Gran Via Productions and Sony Pictures Television Nick Forshager, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Kathryn Madsen, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Jane Boegel, Dialogue Editor Matt Temple, Sound Effects Editor Marc Glassman, Sound Effects Editor Jeff Cranford, Foley Editor Jason Tregoe Newman, Music Editor Gregg Barbanell, Foley Artist Alex Ullrich, Foley Artist

The Book Of Boba Fett • Chapter 6: From The Desert Comes A Stranger • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. Matthew Wood, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Bonnie Wild, Co-Supervising Sound Editor David Acord, Sound Editor Angela Ang, Sound Editor Ryan Cota, Sound Editor Benjamin A. Burtt, Sound Editor David Collins, Sound Editor Alyssa Nevarez, Sound Editor Stephanie McNally, Music Editor Margie O’Malley, Foley Artist Andrea Gard, Foley Artist Sean England, Foley Artist

Loki • Journey Into Mystery • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Matthew Wood, Co-Supervising Sound Editor David Acord, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Brad Semenoff, Sound Editor Steve Slanec, Sound Editor Kyrsten Mate, Sound Editor Adam Kopald, Sound Editor Joel Raabe, Sound Editor Anele Onyekwere, Music Editor Ed Hamilton, Music Editor Nashia Wachsman, Music Editor Shelley Roden, Foley Artist John Roesch, Foley Artist

Star Trek: Picard • Penance • Paramount+ • CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment Matthew E. Taylor, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Michael Schapiro, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Sean Hessinger, Dialogue Editor Alex Pugh, Sound Editor Clay Weber, Foley Editor John Sanacore, Foley Editor Ben Schorr, Music Editor Katherine Harper, Foley Artist Ginger Geary, Foley Artist

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds • Memento Mori • Paramount+ • CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment Matthew E. Taylor, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Michael Schapiro, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Kip Smedley, Sound Designer Clay Weber, Sound Editor John Sanacore, Sound Editor David Barbee, Sound Editor Matt Decker, Music Editor Alyson Dee Moore, Foley Artist Rick Owens, Foley Artist Chris Moriana, Foley Artist

Stranger Things • Chapter Seven: The Massacre At Hawkins Lab • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Craig Henighan, MPSE, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Will Files, MPSE, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Ryan Cole, MPSE, Sound Editor Korey Pereira, MPSE, Sound Editor Angelo Palazzo, MPSE, Sound Editor Katie Halliday, MPSE, Sound Editor Ken McGill, MPSE, Foley Editor Steven Baine, Foley Artist David Klotz, Music Editor Lena Glikson-Nezhelskaya, Music Editor
Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Season Or A Movie

The Book Of Boba Fett • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. Richard Bluff, Visual Effects Supervisor Abbigail Keller, Visual Effects Producer Paul Kavanagh, Animation Supervisor Cameron Neilson, Assoc. Visual Effects Supervisor Scott Fisher, Special Effects Supervisor John Rosengrant, Legacy Effects Supervisor Enrico Damm, ILM Visual Effects Supervisor Robin Hackl, Image Engine Visual Effects Supervisor Landis Fields, Virtual Production Visualization Supervisor

Foundation • Apple TV+ • Skydance Television for Apple Chris MacLean, Overall VFX Supervisor Addie Manis, Overall VFX Supervisor Mike Enriquez, VFX Supervisor Victoria Keeling, On-Set VFX Producer Chris Keller, VFX Supervisor, DNEG Jess Brown, VFX Producer, DNEG Nicholas Hernandez, VFX Supervisor, Rodeo Richard Clegg, VFX Supervisor, Outpost

Lost In Space • Netflix • Legendary for Netflix Jabbar Raisani, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor Terron Pratt, Visual Effects Producer Troy Davis, Visual Effects Supervisor Dirk Valk, Previs Supervisor Jed Glassford, On-Set Visual Effects Supervisor Niklas Jacobson, Visual Effects Supervisor Juri Stanossek, Visual Effects Supervisor Jared Higgins, Visual Effects Production Manager Paul Benjamin, Special Effects Coordinator

Stranger Things • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Michael Maher Jr., VFX Supervisor Marion Spates, VFX Supervisor Jabbar Raisani, VFX Supervisor Terron Pratt, VFX Producer Ashley J. Ward, Associate VFX Producer Julien Hery, VFX Supervisor Niklas Jacobson, VFX Supervisor Manolo Mantero, VFX Supervisor Neil Eskuri, VFX Supervisor

The Witcher • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series Dadi Einarsson, Overall VFX Supervisor Gavin Round, Overall VFX Producer Bruno Baron, VFX Supervisor Matthias Bjarnason, VFX Supervisor Sebastien Francoeur, VFX Supervisor Aleksandar Pejic, VFX Supervisor Oliver Cubbage, VFX Supervisor Mateusz Tokarz, VFX Supervisor Stefano Pepin, Production SFX Supervisor
Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie

The Blacklist • NBC • Sony Pictures Television Studios and Universal Television Cort L. Hessler III, Stunt Coordinator

The Book Of Boba Fett • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. JJ Dashnaw, Stunt Coordinator

Moon Knight • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Olivier Schneider, Stunt Coordinator Yves Girard, Stunt Coordinator

9-1-1: Lone Star • FOX • 20th Television in association with Ryan Murphy Television and Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision Buddy Sosthand, Stunt Coordinator

Stranger Things • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Hiro Koda, Stunt Coordinator

The Witcher • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series Adam Horton, Stunt Coordinator

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Ming-Na Wen Hoping for a ‘Book of Boba Fett’ Season 2
Grant Davis (Pomojema)     August 16, 2022
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022/08/ming-na-wen-still-hopes-for-a-follow-up-to-the-book-of-boba-fett.html 

At Fan Expo Boston, the actress was asked about her long career, from voice-over work in 1998’s Mulan to a leading role in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., before the conversation naturally shifted over to her work in the realm of Star Wars. Wen appeared to be optimistic about her Star Wars future, responding enthusiastically about where fans will see her next:

“Second season of The Book of Boba Fett, I hope! …I never count my chickens before they hatch, because in this business, you just never know. But, knock on wood, they’ll be announcing that soon.”

Edited by tv echo

I'm honestly not looking forward to another season of TBOBF, but fine, I'll hate-watch it. Now, a Book of Fennec Shand, that I could watch. (Unless they give it to Robert Rodriguez.)

• Love 3

2022 Creative Arts Emmy Award Winners: The Complete List
By ETonline Editors  September 4, 2022
https://www.etonline.com/2022-emmy-award-winners-complete-list-189970 

The best of the 2021-2022 TV season has been revealed, first during the 74th Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which were handed on Sept. 3 and 4, before being followed by the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards hosted by Kenan Thompson on Sept. 12. 
OUTSTANDING SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS IN A SEASON OR A MOVIE

The Book of Boba Fett -- *WINNER!
Foundation
Lost in Space
Stranger Things
The Witcher 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Gwendoline Christie, Joonas Suotamo, and Ming-Na Wen to Appear at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023
StarWars.com Team    February 6, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-celebrity-guests

And Ming-Na Wen, the actor who brought elite assassin Fennec Shand to life on The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, is also slated to appear.
Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 will be held April 7-10, 2023, at ExCeL London in England.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Jon Favreau Reveals Why The Mandalorian And Grogu Had To Reunite In The Book Of Boba Fett: ‘We Couldn’t Just Hit A Hard Reset’ – Exclusive
By Ben Travis    Feb 14, 2023
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/jon-favreau-why-mandalorian-grogu-reunited-in-book-of-boba-fett-exclusive/ 

In a major new interview alongside his Mandalorian co-creator Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau reflected on the choice to bring our hero and his young ward back together. “We couldn’t just hit a hard reset,” Favreau tells Empire in The Mandalorian Season 3 issue. “It’s going to be interesting to see how this unfolds for people who may not have seen The Book Of Boba Fett. But I think The Book Of Boba Fett offered time to pass. You saw what Mando was like without Baby Yoda and we saw what Grogu was like without the Mandalorian and neither of them was doing too good. So them coming back together was a really good plot point that allows us to jump back into Season 3 while maintaining the central relationship.”

While the upcoming season restores the show’s original dynamic, it was important that Grogu’s time with Luke wasn’t for nothing – it just ultimately wasn’t his path. “I think you had to service both things,” Favreau explains. “Just because this kid has the potential and had training, does he belong away from the Mandalorian? I saw it more like Paper Moon, where the whole thing is about delivering the kid to the blood relative, only to realise that, whether genetically through her father or just through bonding, Tatum O’Neal has to end up with Ryan O’Neal. That ending feels really good to me. And this little kid [Grogu] is given a decision to choose. And the kid chooses the emotional relationship and wants to be with the Mandalorian, and passing up Yoda’s lightsaber. Part of you wants to see him develop in that way, and part the other.”

From his travels with Din Djarin, to his time training with Luke, and into the future adventures of Season 3 and beyond, it’s all a case of building up a character in Grogu unlike any other in the Star Wars galaxy. “You have this interesting character who has Jedi training to some extent, Force abilities, but also is joining the Mandalorian culture, which we’ve established is something that you can opt into. It demands a lot, it offers a lot,” says Favreau. “Historically, Mandalorians developed all of those tools and armour and weapons to be able to counteract the Force abilities of Jedi. So as a storyteller this offers tremendous opportunity.” Now, can we see Grogu in his tiny Beskar chainmail please?

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

From MegaCon Orlando on Saturday...

MEGACON ORLANDO 2024: HUNTING BOUNTIES WITH MING-NA WEN, TEMUERA MORRISON, AND DANIEL LOGAN
No Load Time   Feb 3, 2024

• Useful 1