Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Chapter Thirty-Five: The Endless

• Start Topic

It was great seeing the OG aunties and an even uglier and cheaper looking Salem. I just wish they had really gone full in with this. They could've easily set it in a version of the OG Sabrinas world and gone full 90s on it for majority of the episode before its all destroyed. But Im glad that the OGs got plenty of material to work with and it wasnt just a 1 scene cameo.

• Love 4

This was my favourite of the season. I thought it was a weird joke when Sabrina went through the mirror and ended up in the 90s show, and it felt like it didn't match the tone, but this episode redeemed it with some weird Black Mirror, Twilight Zone, self-referential meta horror. Totally my jam.

Though I am confused about what happened to the Endless when Sabrina carried him through the mirror with her. Did he turn into a puppet?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

It was fun to see OG Hilda and Zelda. Too bad they couldn't get Melissa Joan Hart to play the understudy Sabrina but I'm fine with just the aunts and puppet Salem. Especially with them all ending up being evil. That must have been fun for them. It was fun for me. It was a really creative way to bring them back too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This was the best episode yet. I loved them going full meta, it's too bad they didn't user the OG set, the color differences would've changed the tone of episode, especially when the OG aunts went evil. This was such a fun and gross episode. Salem finally got his wish of world domination while still being in line with a cat. He really was the star of the original. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Salem finally got his wish of world domination while still being in line with a cat.

Awwww, I didn't even think about that. Go Salem!!!!

It would have been a cool contrast to have used the old sets. I always loved the house in OG Sabrina. 

I will say one little touch I loved was when they found Wardell sleeping on the couch and Sabrina asked why. "because they never built her bedroom". I liked that little detail. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 1/1/2021 at 7:27 PM, SourK said:

Though I am confused about what happened to the Endless when Sabrina carried him through the mirror with her. Did he turn into a puppet?

I wondered the same thing!  The Endless was never mentioned or shown again.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, LadyChaos said:

I actually fast-forwarded through most of this ep, I have to be honest. It was boring.

Me too. I think you had to watch the original show to enjoy this episode. Which I didn't.

• Love 1

As someone who grew up with the 90s Sabrina, this was an absolute blast for me, probably my favorite episode of this whole show, and a great penultimate episode for the series. I love that they got the OG aunts and puppet Salem back and even gave them a lot to do (and were really the villains!) and the meta stuff was hilarious. Halfway through the episode I was thinking how funny it would be if they had Prudence playing Libby and Agnes and Dorcus playing her cheerleader minions, and then it totally happened! If anything, I wanted them to committ more to the meta and have a recreation of the 90s house and the 90s sitcom aesthetics and ridiculous plots. I thought when OG Hilda and Zelda were talking about being sent to the Green Room where no one comes back from they would list Jenny, Dreama, Brad, and other characters from the 90s show that just disappeared as having been sent there never to be seen again. 

Love having talking puppet Salem back, he really was the true star of the show, he always had the best lines. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm glad to see other posters loving this episode!  This turned out to be my favorite episode, maybe of the whole series, though it makes sense that if you didn't watch or didn't like the original goofy Sabrina sitcom then you probably wouldn't like this.

I, OTOH, loved it.  At first I was confused when the aunts said they lived on their sets.  It took me a minute to get that this was a dystopian version of the real world based on the original sitcom.  But after that it worked perfectly for me.  The only thing that didn't make sense was that Sabrina M said she was sent there to help fix the eldritch terrors, whereas I thought they sent her through the mirror just to keep all the different alternate universes from colliding by keeping the two Sabrinas separate.  Other than that, loved it, OMG!

The original aunties looked great!  And they got to be in more than a 10-second cameo!  And they were evil!  And animatronic Salem got a lot of scenes!  And he was evil!  Even Harvey was less annoying and actually had a brain (obtaining the script early).

I wasn't too sure why the original aunties turned into staggering zombie-like figures while they chased Sabrina around the set.

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

The only thing that didn't make sense was that Sabrina M said she was sent there to help fix the eldritch terrors, whereas I thought they sent her through the mirror just to keep all the different alternate universes from colliding by keeping the two Sabrinas separate.

I was confused by that as well. I felt like half way through the changed their story. But I loved the ep so I didn't mind. I was just so thrilled at the nod to the old sitcom. 

As disappointed as I am that they didn't get Nick Bakay to play Salem, I did like the voice actor playing him in this one. And I do love that world-dominating Salem has successfully taken over the tv show as star and head writer. I liked Caliban's enthusiasm at only taking his shirt off when he wants to. It was nice to see the flashbacks to Harvey and Sabrina. I forgot how cute they were. 

• Love 1

That was Luke Cook voicing Salem, though I agree that getting Nick Bakay to reprise his role would have been the cherry on top of this delicious sundae.

The meta-ness of existence as an eternal sitcom set really worked for me, and sold the mind-bending qualities of the Eldritch Terrors far better than hobos or tentacles or jackbooted hall monitors could.