Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I thought this would be such a fun season, I mean Miami!  I live in Florida (although on the wast coast), but South Beach!, Ft. Lauderdale!  So many places to have fun!

You would have thought being in a place like Florida they would be outdoors when they could be doing something. More so with Tom being in love with the ocean. LOL

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I thought this would be such a fun season, I mean Miami!  I live in Florida (although on the wast coast), but South Beach!, Ft. Lauderdale!  So many places to have fun!

4 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

You would have thought being in a place like Florida they would be outdoors when they could be doing something. More so with Tom being in love with the ocean. LOL

Both of you are so right!  Especially when you think about that fact that most of them have the types of jobs where they don't necessarily keep "normal" hours, they would be doing something......Gosh, even Jacklyn and Basement Ryan went out to buy sheets and towels!

• Love 4
On 9/22/2016 at 4:15 PM, Evil Queen said:

Maybe no other show would take him. He isn't exactly a personality most these shows are going to want on. 

I totally agree with this.  He's not much of a personality and he's not good looking enough and too scrawny for a Bachelor/Bachelorette sort of a TV show.  The only emotion he seems to feel is anger. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobears said:

Sonia is now saying that her niece doesn't know the show's outcome so she didn't spoil it. Damage control or the truth? 

I think it's damage control...I have a hard time believing she and Nick can be anything but cordial for the sake of the show. I hope Nick doesn't become the new Jamie Otis and milks this relationship for air time to hawk their products/rentals/jewelry/book.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

We haven't done...

F*ck

Marry

Kill

...with this season's participants.

You can mix and match genders, have multiple selections for each category, so color outside the lines, folks!

I wanna play! I guess for each I'll do a guy pick and a girl pick

Fuck: Nick, Sonia

Nick: Eh, he's clean, seems like he's fastidious in bathing and grooming, and isn't relationship material at all. Perfect FWB, except for the big gay elephant in the room.

Sonia: I think Sonia is hot, she has a nice curvy body in my opinion and a beautiful face, and from her tantric experience with the instructor and her insta video slapping Lily's ass,  I believe she's kissed a girl and liked it very, very much. Her debt and somewhat odd affect keep her from being marriage material.

Marry: Derek, Lily

I'd marry Derek because he's the most tolerable to me personally out of the 3 guys. I think when he's chilling and stoned, he's probably fun to be around. We can get Rocky Mountain High together lol.

Lily: Lily is a sweetheart and a hard worker, I can look past her probably thyroid issue (the balding locks and thick neck are telltale signs). She seems to be a very devoted partner, decent with money and very patient and willing to bend over backwards for you as long as you show her some TLC.

Kill: Tom, Heather

Tom: when he got into bed with dirty fucking feet I knew there was something deeply wrong with him, something irredeemably wrong. He seems like an irresponsible fuckboi to me with that awful RV and the opposite of a recession proof job. I don't see anything when I look into Tom's eyes, he's worse to me than Nick. At least Nick has no emotions and it shows, Tom seems to be playing a game to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Lily ended up as Jacquelyn and Basement Ryan 2.0

Heather: no real reason except I don't find her physically attractive, she's like a preying mantis with boobs.

• Love 1

This may sound cynical but I think everybody goes on reality TV to sell themselves; sell their brand.  I mean who in their right mind would marry a stranger on TV, and have a camera crew follow you around?  Most people I know would never do something like that. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This may sound cynical but I think everybody goes on reality TV to sell themselves; sell their brand.  I mean who in their right mind would marry a stranger on TV, and have a camera crew follow you around?  Most people I know would never do something like that. 

AMEN to that.  You can see the large generation out there (which yes, I am part of) whom need constant feedback, attention, and all seem to think everyone is going to make it big as reality TV/youtube sensations.  That is the pool of people who do this stuff.  I really don't believe that they "had no clue what they were getting into".  I know someone who was applying to go on a reality "dating show" a few years back.  She got to the third round and simply said, this is not for me, I cannot do this, or put my family through this.  That's just my thoughts though - I wanted to do Real World/Road Rules too when I was in H.S., but later grew out of that phase.

On 9/23/2016 at 4:37 PM, Lion18 said:

I think Sonia only went there for filming. I don't get the feeling they live there together. She was able to pack her stuff in 5 minutes

i also think that scene was staged- well most of it. 

I don't necessarily think that she didn't live there, but to be honest, all the contestants still have their permanent residences to keep their stuff.  They know the marriage is a trial run, so I think they just don't bring all/a lot of their stuff with.  Chances are whatever you move in, has to be moved out.  Is it just me, or was she not only sleeping but also keeping all her stuff in the guest room?  

Related to that statement:  they can't really be sleeping when they film them "sleeping".  I'm thinking of a scene last week where Sonia and Nick were cuddled facing each other and "sleeping".  I doubt the crew sneaks in quietly just to get that film bit.  Little things like that also scream staged to me.

• Love 2

I agree with Neurochick. Most ..maybe all...reality cast come in with some sort of ulterior motives.

I still feel the first season of any show is more "real". The first Bachelor shows had much less model actress fame seekers.

Even my faves Tom and Lilly may be there to promote but it seems they are actually hitting it off. As someone else said maybe the so callef experts did get it right cause "Even a stopped clock is right twice  a day" haha

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

I don't necessarily think that she didn't live there, but to be honest, all the contestants still have their permanent residences to keep their stuff.  They know the marriage is a trial run, so I think they just don't bring all/a lot of their stuff with.  Chances are whatever you move in, has to be moved out.  Is it just me, or was she not only sleeping but also keeping all her stuff in the guest room?  

Related to that statement:  they can't really be sleeping when they film them "sleeping".  I'm thinking of a scene last week where Sonia and Nick were cuddled facing each other and "sleeping".  I doubt the crew sneaks in quietly just to get that film bit.  Little things like that also scream staged to me.

Glad you said that they feel the marriage is a 'trial run'. It's annoying how the 'experts' are always saying how this is a 'real marriage'. Real marriages aren't called 'experiments'; they also don't get 6 weeks to make a decision on whether to stay with each other or not, nor do they get the divorce paid for if they split before 6 months. 'Marriage' is cheap on this show, because that's what it is - a show.

Sonia & Nick don't even pretend sleep very well; I noticed he turned on his stomach so his face wasn't showing & she was half smiling in one 'sleeping' scene. They were also 'surprised awake' by the dog but wow- they were already all mic'd up! How convenient for the crew who were waiting there for them to finally awaken to start filming. hehe

• Love 4
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM, humbleopinion said:

We haven't done...

F*ck

Marry

Kill

...with this season's participants.

You can mix and match genders, have multiple selections for each category, so color outside the lines, folks!

F - Nick because he would have soft skin from exfoliating and smell great.

Marry Derek because he would be the most fun.

Kill Tom and his dirty feet.

- mafs was bought by a&e and they pushed ratings? The 1st season was 100% fyi. That was the only successful season!

Edited by Zanne505
Not tlc, a&e.
8 hours ago, Kareem said:

Glad I watched tonight's 15 minutes with the biggest teeth on the planet.  I liked seeing that Quintin, whom I liked best during the matchmaking, found someone.  WTG

I am glad he found the person he was matched with. 

• Love 3

I really wish the producers would hire different make-up artists.  The fake eyelashes and eye shadow keep getting worse as the show goes on.  Now onto the show.

Nick reminds me of my BIL- so he is annoying me even more so, now.  I love how he pushes Sonia away, but the previews show him wanting her back. You never know what you lost until it's gone.  Maybe next time he might think about handling things like an adult.  Serves you right Ass-hat.  Also, I applaud Rachel for supporting Sonia on walking out on Nick.  I could see where in previous seasons they would have kept pushing her back in.  Plus she said she kind of wants a dog now, which gives her points in my book. ;)

Thought #2-  Isn't it amazing how they are dragging out what little footage they have of Derek and Heather to have a little something in each episode?  They keep using the SAME parts of the SAME TH over and over again.  Also, when they do the "unfiltered" segment- what is with the interviews with Heather?  It's obvious from both sound and backdrop that she was not interviewed in the same place as everyone else (on the couch with the red blanket).  So why do we have Jamie sitting there smiling and nodding her head as if she is talking to her?  Quite comical.  They keep trying to make it look like they might get back together, but the truth is, if they did, we would be watching the footage already.  Hence the little message to the viewers about the other couple in "unfiltered".  To me, it seems as thought they are trying to prove that they work, and it isn't for ratings.

I give Heather points for not ratting out Derek on whatever the deal breaker was.  It is obviously something that would not go well for him, or the show so she is playing the bitch-role to protect him.  I think he really did have feelings for her, he seems a little stuffy nosed and teary eyed (from something other than hitting the pipe too hard) during some of the TH, and I think the reason he was so upset about the surfers/etc. was because he was jealous- due to said feelings.

Tom and Lilly- they are good for the most part.  She is sensitive and he is reserved.  They may or may not work it out, but the drama there is more that it would be without a show.

• Love 2

Just found this little tidbit on Reality Blurred, thought I would share:

"Married at First Sight may not be producing healthy relationships, but it is producing spin-offs. This time, FYI has ordered Married at First Sight: Second Chances, on which season three’s David Norton and Vanessa Nelson “get another shot at finding life-long love,” according to the network. But they won’t be marrying strangers. Instead, “men and women located in David and Vanessa’s hometown area of Atlanta will take part in multiple rounds of dating and courtship in an attempt to win the hearts of these two eligible singles,” and David and Vanessa will have help from the show’s experts “as well as their family and friends.” The Kinetic Content-produced show will air next year."

Sigh. We will never be free, will we?

• Love 1

Watching Confessions, Tom was all about what he was doing for Lily to make it easier for her while she was in pain with her shoulder and trying to just help her out. It was all just little things but things that a typical spouse might do. Heck I know I have had to help my husband out when he has been hurt on the job a few times over the years or when sick. He has taken care of me when I needed it. Just what you do. 

Nick was confused on how to behave/act or what to do....quit being drunk would be the first thing. Like how he says the ball is in her court to see what happens. Yeah he is someone that never takes responsibility for his crap and just leaves the "ball" in whoever else's "court" and hopes they come back with it admitting what they did wrong so he doesn't have to admit his part in shit. Which he was slurring something that I couldn't even understand at all at one point. Wonder how much more came out that way they edited out? LOL Sonia said she didn't want to see him again...well she should have stuck with that feeling IMO. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

Ugh!!!  I used to want them to work so much!  Now?  

DOJcJ8G.gif

2 hours ago, superflysista said:

Cortney and Jason spilled the beans on afterbuzztv.  I think Nick and Sonia are still together. 

I listened to the podcast. IMO they didn't spoil anything. They were asked if they thought either of the remaining couples would make it and both said they thought they would. To me, that is not a spoiler i.e. proof that Nick and Sonia are still together.

Moreover, though Cortney and Jason seem like a nice couple, they still seemed to be pushing the MAFS party line. My point, I think the only response we would get from them on this question would be 'yes I think both couples make it.' To say otherwise would further diminish the authenticity of the show. 

I haven't watched previous seasons of MAFS, but I found it interesting when Jason mentioned that he's actively pursuing his wrestling career and has an interview with the WWF. This seems to support the thought that many of us have, that most (if not all) come on this show with an agenda. 

Edited by Enero
23 minutes ago, superflysista said:

Jason has been wrestling since 2010 or 2011 (three or four years before he went on the show in 2014).  I don't think he went on the show to promote his wrestling career.  I think him finishing the fire academy was the the number one priority on his list.  

I agree.  Becoming a NYC fire fighter has always seemed to be very personally meaningful for him.  The wrestling seemed to be something he did "on the side."  I always liked Jason and Courtney.  They seemed "real."  Or at least as real as you can be on a reality television show.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, superflysista said:

Jason has been wrestling since 2010 or 2011 (three or four years before he went on the show in 2014).  I don't think he went on the show to promote his wrestling career.  I think him finishing the fire academy was the the number one priority on his list.  

While that was the case, I thought being a fireman for the NYFD was one of the most important things he wanted to do in his life. Why work so hard to do that and throw it away from WWE? They treat those people like crap and its not something he will have insurance from or make money from. What a joke that all is if this is what he is wanting to do now. I don't think that is why he went on MAFS though otherwise he probably would have done this sooner. 

Edited by Evil Queen
put NYPD when I meant NYFD
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, superflysista said:

I don't think Jason will ever leave FDNY, lol.  He really loves that job.

So we thought. Yet if he is trying to actively pursue a career with the WWE than it doesn't come off as something he really loved and wanted after all. Which its not like they are jobs that he can do both either. He will have to give up one for the other no matter what. Seeing how a WWE career ends for most, I would think he would be better off keeping the fireman job.

14 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

So we thought. Yet if he is trying to actively pursue a career with the WWE than it doesn't come off as something he really loved and wanted after all. Which its not like they are jobs that he can do both either. He will have to give up one for the other no matter what. Seeing how a WWE career ends for most, I would think he would be better off keeping the fireman job.

Why couldn't he do both?  Unless you mean he is looking for fame and fortune as a WWE guy, full time.  I never got that impression from what I have seen of him on the show.  WWE looked like a weekend type gig.

2 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

Thought #2-  Isn't it amazing how they are dragging out what little footage they have of Derek and Heather to have a little something in each episode?  They keep using the SAME parts of the SAME TH over and over again.  Also, when they do the "unfiltered" segment- what is with the interviews with Heather?  It's obvious from both sound and backdrop that she was not interviewed in the same place as everyone else (on the couch with the red blanket).  So why do we have Jamie sitting there smiling and nodding her head as if she is talking to her?  Quite comical.  They keep trying to make it look like they might get back together, but the truth is, if they did, we would be watching the footage already.  Hence the little message to the viewers about the other couple in "unfiltered".  To me, it seems as thought they are trying to prove that they work, and it isn't for ratings.

I thought too but then someone corrected me that it was mentioned that Heather was off site due to her job for those spots.  I still wonder about that though.

I agree that their relationship is hopeless and the show just wants the audience to think there's a chance. The lawyer must have been waving the contract at Heather to get her to say that maybe she gave up too soon.

8 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Why couldn't he do both?  Unless you mean he is looking for fame and fortune as a WWE guy, full time.  I never got that impression from what I have seen of him on the show.  WWE looked like a weekend type gig.

WWE is not a weekend gig at all. Its a damning job that you end up traveling for all over. I think a bit ago there was something said by an older wrestler how it was a job that you worked 350-60 days a year at. Its not easy to just break into either and it takes a major toll on the body of these people in it. Even though it is fake/scripted its a lot for these people. That is if he could break into it. I know the guy, Miz, was able to thanks to MTV's Real World and those shows that came after it for him. Yet its not always the case for many. Maybe Jason thought that would be the case for him. Yet what he was doing before MAFS was more weekend type gigs and could work if it was when he was off from his day job. I didn't see him as the kind looking for fame and fortune either but if this is what he is trying to do now it makes you wonder. As well as how would Cortney feel left back home that much? Would she drop her job and go with him, if he was able to make it into the WWE? I don't know if he realizes either that becoming a big name doesn't just happen like nothing either. The money doesn't flow for those that are not headliners. Plus there have been many that ended up dropped so fast in those spots and left with nothing in the end. So its not exactly a steady job for anyone unless you marry a McMahon or kiss one's butt. LOL 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

think he really did have feelings for her, he seems a little stuffy nosed and teary eyed (from something other than hitting the pipe too hard) during some of the TH, and I think the reason he was so upset about the surfers/etc. was because he was jealous- due to said feelings.

I  agree with you. I think he did have feelings with her. He also said on twitter that he had a terrible cold during that meeting with Rachel.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I think this is just a give-in to manipulation by Cortney to get him out of NY.  He was already wavering on MAFS The First Year.

16 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

BTW the producers brought the letter to Derek. He didn't take it to the bar

Okay I feel badly now I was saying on the episode board he looked pathetic carrying it around. He has been mopey about the whole thing but that night he seemed fine then the letter comes out of nowhere; makes sense now.

• Love 2

How is that the case though? They show him opening it in his place like its the first time reading it and then he opens it up in the bar for his buddies.  There is bs somewhere there and I wouldn't be surprised if its on Derek's end either. It is obvious that the letters though were given to them because the envelopes were not stamped or addressed like you would mailing one but either way it went Derek would look pathetic because he was dwelling on it either at the bar with his buddies or at home or both. Yet in my eyes he has been pathetic before this letter junk anyway. The whole wearing a ring from a week old wedding, acting as if everyone should feel so horrible for him and pouting like a little kid on it all but not once has he said what he could have done to fix it or that he wishes he hadn't done whatever it was he did to ruin things. I don't feel bad for him at all. He needs to man up and quit the pity party over this. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Enero said:

I listened to the podcast. IMO they didn't spoil anything. They were asked if they thought either of the remaining couples would make it and both said they thought they would. To me, that is not a spoiler i.e. proof that Nick and Sonia are still together.

Moreover, though Cortney and Jason seem like a nice couple, they still seemed to be pushing the MAFS party line. My point, I think the only response we would get from them on this question would be 'yes I think both couples make it.' To say otherwise would further diminish the authenticity of the show. 

I haven't watched previous seasons of MAFS, but I found it interesting when Jason mentioned that he's actively pursuing his wrestling career and has an interview with the WWF. This seems to support the thought that many of us have, that most (if not all) come on this show with an agenda. 

I find that sad since he seems to love being a New York firefighter

I believe you can want multiple things in life,  For Jason, being a ny firefighter was something he always wanted, but I thought he was an MME (?) fighter on weekends. It was something else he enjoyed but could not make a career out of.  Look, I was iN IT, I enjoyed coding, I liked doing it in solitude. But I liked to paint. If I could have thrown some paint on a canvas and made a million dollars, I would have don it, doesn't mean I was lying when I said I enjoyed coding, and of course, no one would let me enjoy coding, every job I had they promoted me into management, which I hated with a passion. good bye working alone in peace and quiet. I hope every person finds a number of things in their life they enjoy doing. And if he went on that show to promote his fighting, would that have been so bad, he worked hard and did become a fireman.  Heck Courtney was in some burlesque show she was promoting and now she is back to make up.  As a couple they seem more genuine than all other couples who have appeared on this show. More power to them. 

• Love 2

Cortney has been pushing hard to get Jason to leave NY.  This WWE thing looks designed to be his next career move that he can transition into that won't necessitate living in NY.  Cortney has said multiple times that she doesn't want to raise kids there.

9 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Cortney has been pushing hard to get Jason to leave NY.  This WWE thing looks designed to be his next career move that he can transition into that won't necessitate living in NY.  Cortney has said multiple times that she doesn't want to raise kids there.

Could be but with that kind of career move its not very family friendly. He would never be around if he was to be picked up by them. There is many risks of injuries, mixing in with things one normally might not (drugs), and so on. I can't tell you even how many of these guys over the many years have died from being to tired to drive to the next town and crashed. Then throw in all those that ended up with drug/alcohol problems. As well as the ones who have bodies so worn down they can't do a damn thing once they hit a certain age. That doesn't sound like the exact life she would want to have a family in either. I am a bit surprised though that he would want to do this since all he went on and on about was being part of the NYFD and wanting that forever. I had figured the wrestling that he had done was more of a side hobby. BTW, there is nothing wrong with wanting more than one thing in life but when it comes to jobs, most are not set up so you can work 2 of them or would want to. This is one of those cases where it would be a pick one or the other. Now if this show was more of a big name (like the Bachelor or Real World) he might have been able to pick up doing special guests appearances but since MAFS is low budget and not as well known they would pass, kwim? Yet I take it from what was said that he wants to make this his career now if he can break into it. Which if it is the case than good luck to Cortney. 

• Love 1

hey everyone, i'm a long time lurker, first time poster...

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but what's with the pretty blatant flirting between sonia and derek on social media??? i feel like she's probably a flirty person irl, but i would presume derek would know the outcome of the show.... i feel like it's slightly fishy how much he is speaking with her.

also, i'm really surprised but the lack of concrete spoilers for mafs. is this that no one is paying attention? i feel like with other reality shows that are filmed ahead of time, things would have leaked by now. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ultrrra said:

hey everyone, i'm a long time lurker, first time poster...

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but what's with the pretty blatant flirting between sonia and derek on social media??? i feel like she's probably a flirty person irl, but i would presume derek would know the outcome of the show.... i feel like it's slightly fishy how much he is speaking with her.

also, i'm really surprised but the lack of concrete spoilers for mafs. is this that no one is paying attention? i feel like with other reality shows that are filmed ahead of time, things would have leaked by now. 

My guess is that Derek and Sonia were both dumped by their respective spouses and decided to flirt on SM to make them jealous/give each other ego boosts. Derek also posted some #TeamSonic tweets while also liking ones that said that he and Sonia should get together...he's definitely trying to confuse us.

How many episodes are left until the finale? Also, does anyone have tweets from Nick's friends that Sonia said disparage her? That seems like another strike against them still being together.

I don't think anything's leaked for this show yet b/c it's a much lower profile show than the Bachelor and there's no one out there like Reality Steve for this show.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gobears said:

How many episodes are left until the finale? Also, does anyone have tweets from Nick's friends that Sonia said disparage her? That seems like another strike against them still being together.

I am also curious to see what his friends were saying about her. It's a low blow if they were mean and saying horrible things about her.

18 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

How is that the case though? They show him opening it in his place like its the first time reading it and then he opens it up in the bar for his buddies.  There is bs somewhere there and I wouldn't be surprised if its on Derek's end either. It is obvious that the letters though were given to them because the envelopes were not stamped or addressed like you would mailing one but either way it went Derek would look pathetic because he was dwelling on it either at the bar with his buddies or at home or both. Yet in my eyes he has been pathetic before this letter junk anyway. The whole wearing a ring from a week old wedding, acting as if everyone should feel so horrible for him and pouting like a little kid on it all but not once has he said what he could have done to fix it or that he wishes he hadn't done whatever it was he did to ruin things. I don't feel bad for him at all. He needs to man up and quit the pity party over this. 

Eh, I can give Derek a pass here because if he was hanging out with friends, shooting pool and the producers decided they needed to film something with Derek talking about the letter, the producers are going to whip out the letter and set the scene up.  It felt very much to me like that's what happened.  It didn't feel natural at all.  And I don't see Derek or any man carrying a letter around with him to just whip out in the midst of playing pool or whatever.  It would have made more sense to have him bring it out at home if he had a friend or friends over but this is MAFS. . . 

I don't know, maybe the producers wanted him to continue wearing the ring.  Maybe he was upholding his end of the contract.  No idea.  If these scenes were filmed at the same time as Sonia and NIck's and Lily and Tom's, it's been a month.  I do think it's interesting that Rachel said that Derek clearly isn't ready to let go.  If that's legitimate and true, and not being spewed out in order to create DRAMUH, that could explain why he hasn't taken off his ring. 

• Love 4

Lilly posted a photo on Instagram from her trip to Chicago and not only does she have her ring on (obviously) but she has a new addition on the same finger. I get the feeling her and Tom have made it work but I'm a hopenness romantic 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, julyjen said:

Lilly posted a photo on Instagram from her trip to Chicago and not only does she have her ring on (obviously) but she has a new addition on the same finger. I get the feeling her and Tom have made it work but I'm a hopenness romantic 

Based on the first preview, someone proposed with a princess cut diamond ring. The lady had a tattoo like Lillian so I believe it. They are still together. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Eh, I can give Derek a pass here because if he was hanging out with friends, shooting pool and the producers decided they needed to film something with Derek talking about the letter, the producers are going to whip out the letter and set the scene up.  It felt very much to me like that's what happened.  It didn't feel natural at all.  And I don't see Derek or any man carrying a letter around with him to just whip out in the midst of playing pool or whatever.  It would have made more sense to have him bring it out at home if he had a friend or friends over but this is MAFS. . . 

I don't know, maybe the producers wanted him to continue wearing the ring.  Maybe he was upholding his end of the contract.  No idea.  If these scenes were filmed at the same time as Sonia and NIck's and Lily and Tom's, it's been a month.  I do think it's interesting that Rachel said that Derek clearly isn't ready to let go.  If that's legitimate and true, and not being spewed out in order to create DRAMUH, that could explain why he hasn't taken off his ring. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was told to whip it out for his friends but I can also see someone like him doing it on his own too. He is one of those kind of guys that wants to have all the pity he can get from anyone and everyone. He won't take responsibility for how his relationships work out but then runs to all that will listen about how the girl was so horrible and did this or that...with this he has a letter now thanks to Pepper thinking they should do such a thing. 

Rachel is so stupid IMO. She is the one that was telling Sonia one minute how she saw a fire between her and Nick (aka pushing Sonia to believe something that wasn't there) and now she is all its ok you don't have to move back in with him. Which no shit she doesn't have to. Plus she sent them to that tantric crazy lady. Now she is acting like oh Derek you still have your ring on you poor thing and how he must not be ready to let go to his one week marriage (if that). The guy is clearly into getting whatever attention he can from how he is acting about his one week marriage ending. I don't think he is broken up over it at all. They do have to finish whatever with their contracts but I think Derek figured why not play up his part and see how much sympathy he can get. I wouldn't be surprised if he whipped it out to girls in the bar to have them go "awww poor guy". 

1 hour ago, Nikkerpotomous said:

Anyone else think the producers have been putting bugs of false hope in Derek's ear to keep things rolling?

I don't think they are but they are making them finish out the contract and stretching what they can from them. Now I can bet those "experts" and producers might be in both their ears trying to get them to work it out so they do not even up with a failed couple. I think one article that was posted here said that they were trying to talk Heather out of ending it like she wanted. I am glad she stuck to her guns and wouldn't budge for them. If they are still trying to push things I hope she keeps sticking to her decision. 

• Love 3