Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, henrysmom said:

Interesting.  So it was pot smoking (allegedly).  I remember at the wedding he asked her a couple of times about smoking and she said she didn't smoke but I assumed he was talking about cigarettes or cigars.  Actually I've seen more couples break up over smoking tobacco than smoking pot, so who knows what might happen here.

But he said he doesn't smoke. That was what he said yesterday. I actually don't trust intouch 

• Love 1

They are probably obligated to be at decision day filming, despite the status of their relationship. Also, the editing will try and make it seem like something is still there even if they hate each other and "break up" before decision day. Look how they tried to spin David and Ashley and keep the audience guessing whether they were going to divorce when we all knew it was over from the moment they said "I do."

• Love 3

Derek told Heather he didn't smoke because I believe her gift included a cigar or cigars.

If he's a pot smoker and she's not and she doesn't like it and/or approve, that's definitely going to bust up the marriage.  Guess maybe the experts should include that question in their weeding (ha!) out process.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Derek told Heather he didn't smoke because I believe her gift included a cigar or cigars.

If he's a pot smoker and she's not and she doesn't like it and/or approve, that's definitely going to bust up the marriage.  Guess maybe the experts should include that question in their weeding (ha!) out process.

I totally heard that too. He told her 'he doesn't smoke'. Why then would he ask for her permission after he lied? I dont believe intouch. 

I can bet it that if they breakup, Derek wouldnt go begging for Heather's attention. I don't think he is like david. 

Listened to it again.  Neither one of them smokes, tobacco at any rate.  But watching the scene again actually makes me like both of them more.  They really seem to want this to work.  I know I'm in the minority but I like them together (so far).

• Love 4

I can buy what Intouch is saying. There has been a few of us questioning if he is high or drunk. Its how he always seems to look. For her she is a flight attendant. She is not going to risk her job in such a way. She loves what she does. Of course when he asked about the smoking I took it as cigs and she said she didn't and he said he didn't either. Ok well maybe he doesn't smoke cigs but smokes pot. Or maybe they took out the part that mentioned pot. Yet I get the feeling that wasn't mentioned at that point or she wouldn't have been ok with him during that whole time as it came off. 

• Love 1

Gawd, I hate myself. I'm watching *Love at First Kiss* and I almost like it. Maybe MAFS should use something like this, since they have no way to assess for chemistry.

Do we have a forum for this show yet?

• Love 1

I don't think Heather and Derek are still together. On her twitter account, she posted wedding pictures with her dad and friends but none with Derek. Isn't that weird? I hope we won't get drama between this 2 like last season. 

• Love 2

If this is really true about the pot, I feel sorry for Heather.  People I have been around in my life that are daily pot users...usually you can smell it on them, even if they haven't lit up for a few hours.  It's in their skin.  Heather may have smelled it on him at the wedding, who knows.  And again, if it's true that he started smoking on the honeymoon with possibly the camera crew around, that tells me he's pretty hooked, for lack of a better word cause I know it's pot and everyone says it's not addictive (whatever).   How devastating for Heather. 

I hope it's not the case, cause I really liked what I saw about Derek, but most of the rumors/spoilers that are about this show have turned out true. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, JapMo said:

If this is really true about the pot, I feel sorry for Heather.  People I have been around in my life that are daily pot users...usually you can smell it on them, even if they haven't lit up for a few hours.  It's in their skin.  Heather may have smelled it on him at the wedding, who knows.  And again, if it's true that he started smoking on the honeymoon with possibly the camera crew around, that tells me he's pretty hooked, for lack of a better word cause I know it's pot and everyone says it's not addictive (whatever).   How devastating for Heather. 

I hope it's not the case, cause I really liked what I saw about Derek, but most of the rumors/spoilers that are about this show have turned out true. 

I am a daily user.  I vape and no one can smell it on me.  I have MS and it is legal as well.  I do not agree it is addictive because I can go without for some time with no consequence.  

Heather may not like it but I would not say it is devastating.  He lives in Florida, where it is illegal so to me that is the issue.  

Again we do not know if he is using pot do we?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

47 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I am a daily user.  I vape and no one can smell it on me.  I have MS and it is legal as well.  I do not agree it is addictive because I can go without for some time with no consequence.  

Heather may not like it but I would not say it is devastating.  He lives in Florida, where it is illegal so to me that is the issue.  

Again we do not know if he is using pot do we?  

I have to disagree with a few things. As Jellybeans said if its a vape you would never smell it. Even if it wasn't you wouldn't smell it on them unless they had just used it and came near you. Otherwise its not in their skin/clothes/hair stinking up the place. I had a bunch of friends in high school and after high school that used that stuff. I honestly hate the smell. Have a neighbor near us that does it and some days its overload on the smoke coming in my place and when it gets to that point I do start feeling ill. My MIL is allergic to the smoke from it. Yet all those times I have come across people that did even a lot of it, I never smelled it on them after the fact. As for the addiction, I think that will always vary from person to person. I do believe there are those that get addicted to it like anything else but I do think there are those that can do it and leave it for weeks, months or years at a time. When I say this just know I am not talking about you Jellybeans....I think that for some that use it for certain pains that it is kind of like popping pills too. It will mask whatever pain but after awhile they may feel the need to come back to the pills/smoking pot for handling it. Which in such a way can make a person an addict if they keep going back to those things so much in a day. 

As far as Derek goes though, IMO he was looking pretty high in most the shots we saw of him. Now if he is using anything at all this is another issue that the "experts" and producers are not covering in vetting people for this show. Anyone that is a possible addict should be out. Maybe they need to drug test and start really asking about past history on this and alcohol. No one is going to want to be hitched up to someone with those problems and some people will be turned off on a person that just does pot here and there. So if this story is true the "experts" failed yet again didn't they and yet does it surprise anyone? 

• Love 2

I do agree theyshould drug test!  I am taking it on faith (lol, I know) that they learned something or they made these folks undergo drug tests as well as STD testing.  That is probably why I am a bit skeptical of the pot story.  I don't mind being proven wrong.

As far as him looking high, I think he looks that way all the time cuz he has cute crinkles around his eyes but that's me.  :-)

I do agree smoking is smelly.  And also when you open the container.  

• Love 3

The cover story is that Brad and Jen are having a secret affair?  Not sure that gives much cred to anything in that magazine but whatever.

However, Derek is a surfer and getting high is pretty much a part of that whole culture so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets high.. Tom's the surfer...my bad.  (Off-topic but I read surfing will be added to the Olympics in 2020.). Maybe Heather hates the pot smoking, or maybe it's an "ashley" type excuse where she's just looking for an out.  If she hates it and he refuses to stop she has every right to get out and I respect her decision.  If she's just a cold bitch and it's an ashley excuse I think we'll be able to tell pretty quickly.  Either way, if their relationship doesn't work stuff will come out on social media soon enough.

If this show not only fails on criminal checks but also doesn't give a basic drug test in drug capital FLORIDA...that's total fail again!

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

The cover story is that Brad and Jen are having a secret affair?  Not sure that gives much cred to anything in that magazine but whatever.

However, Derek is a surfer and getting high is pretty much a part of that whole culture so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets high. (Off-topic but I read surfing will be added to the Olympics in 2020.). Maybe Heather hates the pot smoking, or maybe it's an "ashley" type excuse where she's just looking for an out.  If she hates it and he refuses to stop she has every right to get out and I respect her decision.  If she's just a cold bitch and it's an ashley excuse I think we'll be able to tell pretty quickly.  Either way, if their relationship doesn't work stuff will come out on social media soon enough.

If this show not only fails on criminal checks but also doesn't give a basic drug test in drug capital FLORIDA...that's total fail again!

Tom is the surfer...Did Derek say he was one too? If so I missed it but he totally looks high to me. The way they were coming off at the wedding I didn't get any kind of Ashley vibes from here but I can see it bugging her if he is. She has a job that she can't be caught around that stuff or she loses it and she made it clear how much she enjoys her job. Yet at the same time it can be a deal breaker for many people if they find out someone is doing that. Especially when its still illegal in so many places. But yes drug tests and std tests should be part of agreeing to this show. On top of background checks. While I get what the article is coming from I though he looked high during the first 2 shows so far before even seeing that said. Now whether or not the whole thing is true or part of it I guess we shall see. Especially if they don't make it through the show to the end. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

However, Derek is a surfer and getting high is pretty much a part of that whole culture so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets high. (Off-topic but I read surfing will be added to the Olympics in 2020.). Maybe Heather hates the pot smoking, or maybe it's an "ashley" type excuse where she's just looking for an out.  If she hates it and he refuses to stop she has every right to get out and I respect her decision.  If she's just a cold bitch and it's an ashley excuse I think we'll be able to tell pretty quickly.  Either way, if their relationship doesn't work stuff will come out on social media soon enough.

I think the show did drug test. I remember the 'wikileak' of season 2 said they ran background and drug test on the ladies. 

17 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

As far as Derek goes though, IMO he was looking pretty high in most the shots we saw of him. Now if he is using anything at all this is another issue that the "experts" and producers are not covering in vetting people for this show. Anyone that is a possible addict should be out. Maybe they need to drug test and start really asking about past history on this and alcohol. No one is going to want to be hitched up to someone with those problems and some people will be turned off on a person that just does pot here and there. So if this story is true the "experts" failed yet again didn't they and yet does it surprise anyone? 

Theoretically, that makes complete sense, but how do you prove addiction vs recreational use?  Do you do random drug tests?  How many and for how long?  What about addictions such as shopping, food or gambling? 

Years ago, I went to a wedding of two people in their early thirties; both of them had been sober for about fifteen years, meaning they went to rehab as teenagers.  If they didn't tell you, you'd never know.

• Love 1

Agree there are many different kinds of addiction and ones that people wouldn't want to be hitched to a spouse with those either. The ones you listed can be just as bad as drugs or alcohol as well. I think there are just questions they never ask these people. Even recreational use of drugs should be asked though. Honestly if they do any kind it should disqualify them from the show no matter if its addiction or recreational use. If there is the slightest hint of some kind of addiction(shopping, food, sex, drugs, etc..) then maybe the "experts" should either ask more towards that subject or just strike them from being a candidate for the show.

I knew a guy in high school that ended up going to rehab for his coke addiction. He was a football player too. The last time I saw him after high school, he had gone on to become a Marine. But the fact is that there are those that might not want to be with someone that has that kind of baggage/history. They shouldn't have to be. While others don't care. Its something these "experts" are talking about...at least that we ever see. Of course they would probably pair the addict/former addict with someone not wanting a spouse like that for tv drama..sort of like pairing the guy with dogs with the lady that has a fear of dogs. SMH

• Love 2

I agree with you Evil Queen.  There are all kinds of addictions and well, "recreations".  I could never be with a drinker (even a casual one) or a smoker.  I hope MAFS does major testing on these kind of quirks.  

I wish we could see the tests they use. Heh!

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Theoretically, that makes complete sense, but how do you prove addiction vs recreational use?  Do you do random drug tests?  How many and for how long?  What about addictions such as shopping, food or gambling

Years ago, I went to a wedding of two people in their early thirties; both of them had been sober for about fifteen years, meaning they went to rehab as teenagers.  If they didn't tell you, you'd never know.

You would just look at their weight or debt to determine that.  The home visit is supposed to uncover any problems like fringe politics, hoarding, satanic worship, weird obsessions or general craziness.  I suspect a hidden drug problem would pop up then.  I once went to a girl's apartment who had a framed Ouija board - framed because it was "special to her family".  I left...I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens next.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 6

Last season wasn't there speculation about Sam and her pot-smoking?  No matter what one thinks or assumes about pot usage, it seems to me that it would only be fair to let the other person know, especially in a situation like this.  As others have mentioned, usage of cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, etc., should be revealed to the 'potential' spouse as these often serve as automatic deal breakers.

• Love 3

So they posted a preview on fyI app that addresses the smoking dilemma. Heather said during the interview that she was ok with an occasional smoker. But she said it bothered her in the clip. We shall see how it plays out 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If Derek is addicted to wax melts, like our gal pal, Sam, then we have our answer about puffing reefer.

Perhaps Derek is into edible marijuana which I just read online is a different mellow than smoking.

The preview talked about him being an occasional smoker so I think he smokes something and not chew.

• Love 1

I posted last year I heard from someone I know that works on the production that Sam and Neil stayed together and this year the same person told me the show would be successful but he didn't give any information about who stayed together 

4 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I posted last year I heard from someone I know that works on the production that Sam and Neil stayed together and this year the same person told me the show would be successful but he didn't give any information about who stayed together 

I also think 2 couples stayed together. 

3 hours ago, ctbabe said:

I also think 2 couples stayed together. 

The person im talking about is someone who has worked with me in the industry before so I think he's telling the truth I don't think they would put a failure on tv

Edited by mbarry
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mbarry said:

Why believe someone who either was wrong or lied about last season?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mbarry said:

1 hour ago, mbarry said:

The person im talking about is someone who has worked with me in the industry before so I think he's telling the truth I don't think they would put a failure on tv

OK but Sam and Neil crashed and burned spectacularly. Neil rejected Sam on Decision Day.  All 3 couples failed and they aired the whole season last year.

So is this production person lying or just wrong?

• Love 1

h

11 minutes ago, Lola16 said:

OK but Sam and Neil crashed and burned spectacularly. Neil rejected Sam on Decision Day.  All 3 couples failed and they aired the whole season last year.

So is this production person lying or just wrong?

They were kinda together at the 6 month eps but yeah last year was a total disappoint the producers were going for ratings and it clearly worked because they were averaging about 1.2 for awhile now the second eps this season only got 700,000 so if the show doesn't come with the results they are pretty much gone unless you want to become the bachelor and bachelorette where you have 20 plus seasons with only 4  successful couples my production friend just said this year was an success he didn't give any further details the show is really clamping down on leaks but it seems like the heather Derek drama leaked but their is still two other couples

Edited by mbarry
10 hours ago, mbarry said:

h

They were kinda together at the 6 month eps but yeah last year was a total disappoint the producers were going for ratings and it clearly worked because they were averaging about 1.2 for awhile now the second eps this season only got 700,000 so if the show doesn't come with the results they are pretty much gone unless you want to become the bachelor and bachelorette where you have 20 plus seasons with only 4  successful couples my production friend just said this year was an success he didn't give any further details the show is really clamping down on leaks but it seems like the heather Derek drama leaked but their is still two other couples

I beg to differ. They were not at all together at that point. Sam and Neil were done long before that. It was obvious even with the bad editing on the show. As well as the fact she treated him like shit all the time. He had to get therapy because of just that time together. Which IMO says a whole lot right there on that. At this point with this season its a wait and see game. At this point though from what we have seen so far I only see one couple that really is clicking but that can change as the season goes on. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I beg to differ. They were not at all together at that point. Sam and Neil were done long before that. It was obvious even with the bad editing on the show. As well as the fact she treated him like shit all the time. He had to get therapy because of just that time together. Which IMO says a whole lot right there on that. At this point with this season its a wait and see game. At this point though from what we have seen so far I only see one couple that really is clicking but that can change as the season goes on. 

As a former assistant editor on a reality show they only show you what they want to show you sometimes the shows are cut up to make the most drama so you will never see a complete picture based of the final edit

Edited by mbarry
44 minutes ago, mbarry said:

As a former assistant editor on a reality show they only show you what they want to show you sometimes the shows are cut up to make the most drama so you will never see a complete picture based of the final edit

I agree with you. They showed on Tuesdsy that Nick and Sonia were not that into each other but acording to the friends & family on Unfiltered, they looked in love. Editing can really mess with our minds. 

BTW regardless of Derek's alleged bad habit, I think he is a good guy. He just defended Heather on instagram when someone was being disrespectful. I hope they ended up being friends but I don't think Heather would be open to that. 

7 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I agree with you. They showed on Tuesdsy that Nick and Sonia were not that into each other but acording to the friends & family on Unfiltered, they looked in love. Editing can really mess with our minds. 

BTW regardless of Derek's alleged bad habit, I think he is a good guy. He just defended Heather on instagram when someone was being disrespectful. I hope they ended up being friends but I don't think Heather would be open to that. 

I think it's true that they aren't together in her job as a flight attent they get drug tested a lot and if he has a problems with not smoking I see their relationship doom 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I think it's true that they aren't together in her job as a flight attent they get drug tested a lot and if he has a problems with not smoking I see their relationship doom 

I understand that they might not be romantically together (making up a word here) but I am hoping they are at least friends. Hoping it doesn't get as messy as Ashley and David 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

I understand that they might not be romantically together (making up a word here) but I am hoping they are at least friends. Hoping it doesn't get as messy as Ashley and David 

Ashley went on a show to get revenge on someone else that was never going to work out

• Love 3