Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

The above article describes one woman as "Passionate about her career"  and  "Many of her relationships ended because of infidelity".  That translates to "Doesn't devote enough time or effort to the men in her life".

And another as "Ambitious, strong-willed and looking for someone who can be her equal".  Really?  An "ambitious" 32 year old stewardess has a hard time finding her equal?  Where is all of that ambition directed toward?  Is she secretly an American Ninja Warrior?

Who's the Trashley of this season?  The dude in the bus?  Seriously, luxury touring buses depreciate quickly.  Sell the thing and buy a house already.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's too early for me to form an opinion but looks like blondie (heather?) has a dui and introverted quiet shy guy (nick?) has some disorderly conduct. At least he looks happy with his 'wife' in their picture. Although i wonder why there is no picture of bus guy couple......

http://www.wetpaint.com/married-at-first-sight-season-4-cast-arrests-1509708/

I am currently rooting for shy guy (nick?) and crazy girl (sonia?) although looks like they may have a rough start......

Edited by Zanne505
  • Love 2

Well that was quick getting that arrest info out there this time. LOL It seems like they were years ago and when they were younger as well. Yet we all know there will be those screaming as loud as can be about this and how horrible they are for it all. *rollseyes* So he was arrested for fake id and being under age and later disorderly conduct. Then she was arrested it sounded like as a teen for disorderly conduct and later for dui. Now if they were to repeat each of these things over and over again might be a different story. While it is 2 arrests that we know of for each of them it still isn't horrible considering. LOL 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Well that was quick getting that arrest info out there this time. LOL It seems like they were years ago and when they were younger as well. Yet we all know there will be those screaming as loud as can be about this and how horrible they are for it all. *rollseyes* So he was arrested for fake id and being under age and later disorderly conduct. Then she was arrested it sounded like as a teen for disorderly conduct and later for dui. Now if they were to repeat each of these things over and over again might be a different story. While it is 2 arrests that we know of for each of them it still isn't horrible considering. LOL 

Its too early for the digging drama. I really hope and wish Heather isn't like Ashley. She is giving that vibe.

BTW who saw the preview where one of the grooms gave his bride an engagement ring. It looks like during the honeymoon. I am cautiously optimistic. 

• Love 1

In the tease for next week we get Derek treating Heather like an ear of corn with the kisses across her shoulder during the always delightfully awkward photo shoot after the wedding ceremony.

Heather putting a kibosh on that nonsense quickly enough.

Do we have our new Ashley?

Think YES!

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

In the tease for next week we get Derek treating Heather like an ear of corn with the kisses across her shoulder during the always delightfully awkward photo shoot after the wedding ceremony.

Heather putting a kibosh on that nonsense quickly enough.

Do we have our new Ashley?

Think YES!

I really hope not. She is the  least active one on twitter. I am getting a good vibe from Sonia and Nick. Even Tom and Lillian are friendly with one another.  No bitterness YET.. 

Edited by ctbabe
Grammar
2 hours ago, ctbabe said:

I really hope not. She is the least time on twitter.

This could be due to her job. I'm not sure what airline she works for (anyone recognize the uniform?) but I would imagine she's probably not allowed to tweet "on the clock" per se.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

This could be due to her job. I'm not sure what airline she works for (anyone recognize the uniform?) but I would imagine she's probably not allowed to tweet "on the clock" per se.

Very True. I really hope we have no Ashley this season. I heard she is a United staff, not sure though 

Edited by ctbabe

Discuss all MAFS-related social media posts, news articles and speculation here. 

As a reminder, social media and other media posts do not belong in episode threads.  Episode threads are for discussion of episode events only.

Glad to see this thread opened.

I wanted to let everyone know that I've been interacting with all of the cast on Twitter (even Heather, although not as much due to her work/travel schedule) and for the most part, this is the nicest, most down-to-earth batch of participants yet. Nick has the BEST sense of humor out of the bunch (which may seem surprising considering how 'low-key' he is on the show).

The only issue I have is that I don't think it's appropriate for Derek to re-tweet all of the comments from ladies re:how hot/sexy he is....but maybe I'm old fashioned.  If he and Heather are still together and she's ok with it, I don't suppose it's my right to judge (ok, I admit, I never have the right to judge anyone!).  But if they're not together....well, that's another story. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BonnieLass said:

Glad to see this thread opened.

I wanted to let everyone know that I've been interacting with all of the cast on Twitter (even Heather, although not as much due to her work/travel schedule) and for the most part, this is the nicest, most down-to-earth batch of participants yet. Nick has the BEST sense of humor out of the bunch (which may seem surprising considering how 'low-key' he is on the show).

The only issue I have is that I don't think it's appropriate for Derek to re-tweet all of the comments from ladies re:how hot/sexy he is....but maybe I'm old fashioned.  If he and Heather are still together and she's ok with it, I don't suppose it's my right to judge (ok, I admit, I never have the right to judge anyone!).  But if they're not together....well, that's another story. 

I noticed that too.. he definitely needs to chill out on liking and retweeting. I think he is new on social media. It seems most if his accounts were opened becos of MAF

• Love 3

Nick reminds me of that landscaping guy from Bachelorette...chris lambton.  I think Chris does Yard Crashers now?  Anyway, Nick seems like a genuine kinda guy.  Makes me wonder why he's on this show, haha!  And I think Sonia's a sweetie.  

If Derek is going fame-whore on social media then I'm betting he's not with Heather anymore.  That, plus she just doesn't seem into it.  I don't think she's as extreme as Ashley but jeesh, she's got a cold, unreadable vibe going on.  I think Derek will be the leading fame-ho this season.  Plus he really squirmed when asked if he's had a lot of 1-nighters.  Yeah...these two aren't really strong candidates.

Someone's gotta still be married.  They cant possibly put out another 0-0 season...can they??

• Love 3

Lillian is also a total sweetheart, and both she and Sonia handle the haters on the Facebook page with grace. As silly as it sounds, it hurt ME to read people saying horrible things about Lillian because of her hair. She has some kind of medical condition (no idea what), but the change in her hair/appearance has been sudden, like within six months of her April marriage.

Also - she posted a photo on her Instagram account back in May that showed (what appeared to be) the pearl necklace Tom gave her at the wedding. She looked happy! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, BonnieLass said:

Lillian is also a total sweetheart, and both she and Sonia handle the haters on the Facebook page with grace. As silly as it sounds, it hurt ME to read people saying horrible things about Lillian because of her hair. She has some kind of medical condition (no idea what), but the change in her hair/appearance has been sudden, like within six months of her April marriage.

Also - she posted a photo on her Instagram account back in May that showed (what appeared to be) the pearl necklace Tom gave her at the wedding. She looked happy! 

I definitely think Lillian and Tom are still together. Nick and Sonia are either bestfriends or are still married. Sona liked a tweet supporting Nick regarding his records. That's a good sign. Also on Sonia's instagram account, she is flaunting her ring. Not hiding it like the other season people. She also wrote abt how this was the most amazing journey of her life. Definitely good vibe. 

According to the episode guide, the marriage counselor intervened in Sonia and Nick insecurities. The experts are stepping in early. That is definitely a big change. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ctbabe said:

I definitely think Lillian and Tom are still together. Nick and Sonia are either bestfriends or are still married. Sona liked a tweet supporting Nick regarding his records. That's a good sign. Also on Sonia's instagram account, she is flaunting her ring. Not hiding it like the other season people. She also wrote abt how this was the most amazing journey of her life. Definitely good vibe. 

According to the episode guide, the marriage counselor intervened in Sonia and Nick insecurities. The experts are stepping in early. That is definitely a big change. 

I agree with you; I feel that those two couples might still be together. Derek and Heather, not so much. It's hard to deal with one partner traveling when you're in a long-established marriage (speaking from personal experience here!), but I just don't see how love could realistically develop between the two of them when she's traveling as much as she does, and they have cameras in their faces when she's home. But who knows. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BonnieLass said:

I agree with you; I feel that those two couples might still be together. Derek and Heather, not so much. It's hard to deal with one partner traveling when you're in a long-established marriage (speaking from personal experience here!), but I just don't see how love could realistically develop between the two of them when she's traveling as much as she does, and they have cameras in their faces when she's home. But who knows. 

They are all so upbeat on Twitter. Based on the unfiltered interview, I am not getting a good vibe abt the relationship from Derek's friend. Heather didn't have anyone from her side interviewed. Hopefully they are at least friends. 

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ctbabe said:

They are all so upbeat on Twitter. Based on the unfiltered interview, I am not getting a good vibe from Derek's friend. Heather didn't have anyone from her side interviewed. Hopefully they are at least friends. 

You're reading my mind! I thought the same about the friends. It was not only what they said, but the tone of it.

• Love 1

Maybe after this last season they were all told to up there game on how they behave and something is in the contract for them and family. As it seems I doubt some of the parents would bother with something like Twitter when you look at them and what their ages might be or that they are not in this country to be around enough during the filming to know what was going on unless told by their daughter. Yet I have a feeling the show is pushing them to be upbeat and positive so it doesn't give anything away near the end. We still haven't really seen how any of these people "really" (use that term loosely) are and more so with each other. Considering why ones were matched again for silly reasons its hard to see right now any of them making it. More so agree that Derek sending those kind of tweets out again are VERY inappropriate. So maybe someone should point out how that looks...of course he doesn't strike me as one that has gotten attention like that in the past so maybe for him its a bit of an ego boost that he wants to enjoy. Why anyone thinks he is hot though is beyond me but that is just not my taste? Plus his eyes always looks like he is drunk or high so far with how closed up they seem to be. Which is another thing I could never get past myself is how his eyes are. LOL Anyway, I figured I will wait and see how each couple acts with each other at the weddings and after since that will be a sign of things to come at times. LOL 

All I have to say is thankfully at least it doesn't seem so far that we have another frickin nutjob mental case like Sam. 

• Love 2

Did you see one of the previews where someone proposed (not sure when) with a princess cut (circle diamond) ring? I think it was Tom. 

I wish Heather hadn't chosen that wedding dress. It wasn't flattering at all. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

Did you see one of the previews where someone proposed (not sure when) with a princess cut (circle diamond) ring? I think it was Tom. 

Yes, it was Tom. You could see Lillian's arm tattoo in the frame.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I figured I will wait and see how each couple acts with each other at the weddings and after since that will be a sign of things to come at times. LOL 

All I have to say is thankfully at least it doesn't seem so far that we have another frickin nutjob mental case like Sam. 

It's true... here I am making guesses on who is still together and we haven't even seen them interact, LOL.

However, I can say that based on what I've seen on their personal, pre-MAFS accounts, they seem like genuine people who are in this for the right reasons. Sonia is an absolute doll. Lillian is a bit more flashy, and there's a sales pitch from time to time, but she's a realtor, so I'm not surprised. They network like crazy. :)

But who knows (I think I'm going to adopt that as my catchphrase for the season, lol).

• Love 2

The kitchen in the bus. It's actually not bad

8 minutes ago, BonnieLass said:

It's true... here I am making guesses on who is still together and we haven't even seen them interact, LOL.

However, I can say that based on what I've seen on their personal, pre-MAFS accounts, they seem like genuine people who are in this for the right reasons. Sonia is an absolute doll. Lillian is a bit more flashy, and there's a sales pitch from time to time, but she's a realtor, so I'm not surprised. They network like crazy. :)

But who knows (I think I'm going to adopt that as my catchphrase for the season, lol).

Remember how Sam was loving Nwill on twitter. She really fooled us till the end. 

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 6

Speculating about this show is fun!  

On that note, I wonder if Derek is retweeting all those compliments because Heather rejected him and he's trying to maintain some semblance of dignity...

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

On that note, I wonder if Derek is retweeting all those compliments because Heather rejected him and he's trying to maintain some semblance of dignity...

Or else Heather made some unkind on-air comments about not being attracted to him or not liking his looks (if anyone did, my money's on her), and Derek is overcompensating because his feelings were hurt. But it's still kind of a smug/douchey thing for him to do.

• Love 2

I'm with most of you all, where I think Heather and Derek are the most likely not to have made it. It doesn't seem like a good start when in the preview she's practically shuddering at him kissing her shoulder. I'm getting an Ashley vibe, like some of you.

I think we're going to have a lot more information to go on after the next episode - we'll definitely hear about their initial thoughts and whether they find their spouses attractive, which will be a big clue.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I'm with most of you all, where I think Heather and Derek are the most likely not to have made it. It doesn't seem like a good start when in the preview she's practically shuddering at him kissing her shoulder. I'm getting an Ashley vibe, like some of you.

I think we're going to have a lot more information to go on after the next episode - we'll definitely hear about their initial thoughts and whether they find their spouses attractive, which will be a big clue. 

From the new preview, she is definitely miles better than Princess Ashley. She kissed him on the lips.. I am hopeful..

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 1

From the new preview, she is definitely miles better than Princess Ashley. She kissed him on the lips.. I am hopeful..

While I agree she is better than Ashley, I'm still not hopeful.  That is not a happy bride.  

• Love 2

Body language is very telling for two of the three...

I'm really bad at reading body language...would you agree that Lillian and Tom have the best chance of making it (based on the pictures alone)?  With Nick being a no, Sonia a yes?  And Heather and Derek already checked out and waiting for the six weeks to be over?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, henrysmom said:

I'm really bad at reading body language...would you agree that Lillian and Tom have the best chance of making it (based on the pictures alone)?  With Nick being a no, Sonia a yes?  And Heather and Derek already checked out and waiting for the six weeks to be over?

Based on the People pictures alone I see no interest in Derek from Heather.  The other two couples seem fine.  I do not know if Heather warms up slowly or if Derek is a jerk LOL. 

Mind you I have not seen the second episode nor have I read their twitter/IG feeds. 

• Love 2

Maybe it's me, but the shoulder kisses are just weird. They are strangers. A peck on the lips is one thing for the ceremony/pictures/tradition, but repeatedly kissing a shoulder just seems too intimate. 

Also: excellent matchmaking! Someone with two dogs and someone afraid of dogs. Sigh. 

• Love 3

Heather is seen throwing up a little bit into her mouth as Derek gives her the series of little kisses on her clavicle.

He definitely trigger her gag reflex HARD with that action.

Why are we watching another season of M@FS?

Because misery loves company.

• Love 1

She is definitely mature 

http://www.theknotnews.com/married-at-first-sights-lillian-vilchez-11417

1 hour ago, jenrising said:

Maybe it's me, but the shoulder kisses are just weird. They are strangers. A peck on the lips is one thing for the ceremony/pictures/tradition, but repeatedly kissing a shoulder just seems too intimate. 

Also: excellent matchmaking! Someone with two dogs and someone afraid of dogs. Sigh. 

The photographer told him to kiss her shoulders. I don't think Derek wanted to creep her out. I actually like Derek. I think Heather might a bit uptight. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

The photographer told him to kiss her shoulders. I don't think Derek wanted to creep her out. I actually like Derek. I think Heather might a bit uptight. 

Oh I didn't think Derek was trying to be creepy, I think it's just a weird, overly intimate thing to do, no matter what the reason. I'm not uptight and I'd be uncomfortable with someone doing that to me. 

• Love 1

Interesting.  So it was pot smoking (allegedly).  I remember at the wedding he asked her a couple of times about smoking and she said she didn't smoke but I assumed he was talking about cigarettes or cigars.  Actually I've seen more couples break up over smoking tobacco than smoking pot, so who knows what might happen here.

• Love 2