Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Jana's Secret Garden

Temperance
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Me too.  Somebody throw Jana a sock!

Jana is a free elf!*

*I actually shouted "Zella is a free elf!" the other day after finishing a really demanding project. 😉 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 9/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, doodlebug said:

As someone who was never particularly interested in marriage (courtship was not an option, I am sane); I get that.  But, in Jana's case, that is really her only option in her world if she doesn't want to live with her parents and care for them as well as her siblings, nieces and nephews, for the rest of her life.  Maybe she does prefer indentured servitude and a lifetime of caring for other people's kids to having her own home and family, but it is hard to understand why since she doesn't seem to have much of a life outside the TTH.  

I would rather be Jana (caring for the kids left at home, and Jb/Michelle in their senior years) than be married and forced to breed until my uterus gave out and obey some man until he died.

Right now Jana has to obey JB but I bet you so long as she abides by a the party line shes free to do whatever she wants. She has her own car and phone- I doubt he spies on her. She’s got more “freedom” than many married women in her culture. Why give up that for a guy she’s neutral about? Her basic needs are met, JB isn’t going to let her go without material comforts, she doesn’t punch a clock.....

I guess I’m not seeing how (outside of the partnered sex thing- and sex means more to some than others) being married and caring for your own kids (that you may or may not want to have) is preferable to what Jana is doing now. Now at least the nieces and nephews do go HOME. They have parents that pick up the slack. 

Of course I wouldn’t want to be in Jana’s shoes, but of any of the adult daughters I’d choose to be Jana in a heartbeat. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would rather be Jana (caring for the kids left at home, and Jb/Michelle in their senior years) than be married and forced to breed until my uterus gave out and obey some man until he died.

Right now Jana has to obey JB but I bet you so long as she abides by a the party line shes free to do whatever she wants. She has her own car and phone- I doubt he spies on her. She’s got more “freedom” than many married women in her culture. Why give up that for a guy she’s neutral about? Her basic needs are met, JB isn’t going to let her go without material comforts, she doesn’t punch a clock.....

I guess I’m not seeing how (outside of the partnered sex thing- and sex means more to some than others) being married and caring for your own kids (that you may or may not want to have) is preferable to what Jana is doing now. Now at least the nieces and nephews do go HOME. They have parents that pick up the slack. 

Of course I wouldn’t want to be in Jana’s shoes, but of any of the adult daughters I’d choose to be Jana in a heartbeat. 

I, of course, agree with you.  I said something similar upthread, although not as eloquent.  She probably (who knows for sure) has a lot more freedom than we see on the show or through their carefully crafted instagrams.

• Love 8

As someone who was never particularly interested in marriage (courtship was not an option, I am sane); I get that.  But, in Jana's case, that is really her only option in her world if she doesn't want to live with her parents and care for them as well as her siblings, nieces and nephews, for the rest of her life.  Maybe she does prefer indentured servitude and a lifetime of caring for other people's kids to having her own home and family, but it is hard to understand why since she doesn't seem to have much of a life outside the TTH.  

I'm betting Jill or Cousin Amy would be willing to help Jana if she wanted off the compound. She could make her own way in the world. It's not impossible. I bet TLC might even give her a spinoff series called Jana Escapes. Derek would let her move in just to stick it to Jim Bob.

If she does starting courting at 30 years old, will she still have to have a chaperone? What decent 30 year old man, even a fundie Christian, is going to want his girlfriend's father or sibling trailing along on dates or listening in on phone conversations? And at 30, she's going to need to consider more traditional mainstream Christian guys anyway. Most of the fundies were married by 25. 

I agree with whoever said that the green house means there are no prospects on the horizon anyway. 

• Love 6

I think the greenhouse means they had nothing going on to film. And Janna doesn't have possibilities at the moment. Next we will get "Duggars go to the ______" fill in dentist, doctor, church, etc. Like Mad Libs but much less amusing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think the greenhouse means they had nothing going on to film. And Janna doesn't have possibilities at the moment. Next we will get "Duggars go to the ______" fill in dentist, doctor, church, etc. Like Mad Libs but much less amusing.

They already did a dentist episode. I believe it was back when the show was 19 Kids and Counting. Jon and Kate Plus 8 also had a dentist episode. It must be a standard large family plot line for TLC.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

They already did a dentist episode. I believe it was back when the show was 19 Kids and Counting. Jon and Kate Plus 8 also had a dentist episode. It must be a standard large family plot line for TLC.

And the Bates. JillR too, only on SM.

I realize there have been a lot of rumors about Jana courting over the years, but this is a one that I had not seen before.  It’s my understanding that spoilers are allowed on the individual threads.  It has a story about someone Jana is courting, as well as another sibling.  The date on the article is current, so I think it’s a new story.  Anyone know?
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/duggar-news-are-jeremiah-duggar-and-jana-duggar-dating-siblings.html/

(edited)

Yes, the Wissmann siblings have been linked with Jana and Jer for several months. The Wissmanns also attended the Duggars' church yesterday, and Boob was pictured with Pa Wissmann  and Steven this past Friday.

A poster on FJ whose family has Duggar ties confirmed that there is some truth to the rumors.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 6